Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Makeup, Makeup Artists, Beauty

reading, MA Boston/North/South

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Stephanie G

Can't say enough about Jessie and Marlo & team for absolutely gorgeous hair and makeup for my wedding for myself, my bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law and Grandma. Everyone looked so incredibly beautiful and raved about how great they were! After my trial I decided that I... Read More wanted to change my look a little bit in regards to my makeup and hair, Marlo & Jessie were very accommodating and listened to what I was thinking and made me look even better than I had pictured in my mind! They are super fun, very professional, and made us all feel comfortable. Thank you so much ladies- you are the best of the best!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016

My friends surprised me a make-up class and make over for my birthday with Ashley. I was beyond impressed by her skills and professional demeanor. Ashley was so fun to have around, made me very comfortable, AND make me extra beautiful. I could not have asked for a better... Read More birthday surprise.

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Katie H

Jen and Ashley did hair and makeup for my bridal party last month, and they did an amazing job! They’re both very professional and got right down to work on the five of us (myself, three bridesmaids, and my mom), but they also got along well with everyone and were laughing and... Read More joking with us right away. I got compliments on my hair and makeup all night long, and we all look so good in the wedding pictures. And just as important, we were on time! Thanks, Jen and Ashley!

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Karissa S

I loved working with The Makeup Artists! Andrea was amazing and coordinated the entire thing! She is very experienced and unfortunately was unable to do my wedding but she sent over the best girls! Jessie and Meg did our hair. They were fabulous! Jessie did my hair and even... Read More though at the trial we had done something a little different, on the day of, she created the most beautiful up-do! It was better than I could have imagined. Ashley did our makeup. She is phenomenal. She really brings out your best features without feeling like you have a ton of makeup on. Everyone was so fun and made the day feel extra special!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Emily N

I had a lot of trouble finding a hair and makeup vendor for my wedding, and went along with my venue's preferred vendor as they had been great with everything else so far. I'm so glad it led me to The Makeup Artists - they were AMAZING! I did my hair trial with Jessie and... Read More makeup trial with Ashley and both were so easy going and made you feel comfortable right away. Marlo and Jen helped out the day-of, and they felt like part of my wedding party group and made it all that much more fun. They were able to take all of our photos and make everyone look beautifully how they wanted. They were professional and efficient - I was worried we weren't going to get everything done in time, and we ended up finishing early! They were so patient and made sure everyone was satisfied before moving on to the next. I worked with Andrea on scheduling and pre-planning, and she was so awesome to work with! Always very responsive and answered all my questions. I'm sure I'll see them again as all my bridesmaids loved them :)

Reviewed on 8/28/2015

For my daughter Kathryn's wedding, Andrea, Jessie and Kelly came to her hotel suite and did the makeup and hair for the bride, wedding party, MOB and MOG. We all looked fabulous! And had a blast too. Andrea came along to the wedding venue as well. Her warm personality (and... Read More good advice) infused all the preparations.

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 Ariel S

Andrea at The Makeup Artists was by far my favorite "vendor" that we had involved in the wedding. First of all, is she good at complimenting her brides - if I wasn't already glowing from her beautiful makeup job, I was beaming from all her praise. She came to my house for her... Read More trial in a snowstorm - that's dedication and over the next couple of months was very open to the tweaks I wanted to make on my look. I was so so so pleased with the final look and how she captured the same aesthetic for my mom and bridesmaids. Everyone looked absolutely stunning!! Outside of makeup, Andrea was so knowledgeable about our venue (Willowdale) assisting other vendors with questions and she even helped me get into my dress! I highly recommend Andrea for your wedding!!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Erika S

Andrea (makeup) and Meg (hair) were AMAZING. First off, I could hang out with them both all day - they know how to put brides, moms, bridesmaids, etc. at ease and having fun! I'm very particular about hair/makeup --- but after a basic explanation and a few sample pictures at my... Read More trial, they both nailed it on the first try. On the day of the wedding, I asked for a few tweaks - they were totally flexible and accommodating. At the VERY last minute, I asked Meg to trim my hair extensions...after they were in my hair...and already curled. Like the pro she is, she took care of it instantly. Andrea is a total expert in her field as well and will make you feel like a supermodel. They both gave my bridal party awesome beauty tips, too!

Great work!!

Reviewed on 12/28/2014 Mark J

I worked with Marlo - she was awesome! She listened to all my concerns and worked with me to choose make-up that was hypo-allergenic and worked with sensitive skin! I went with the air-brushing option - just awesome! It lasted all day - from 7am to 1am - a full wedding day of... Read More hugs, kisses, sweating and dancing! Unreal! She made me look gorgeous and my entire wedding party was thrilled with her work! Thank you!!!

Ashley and Jennifer were great!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Sarah G

After searching around for a make-up artist, I found The Makeup Artists after being referred by my hair stylist. I couldn't have been happier! Ashley and Jennifer were fabulous and make me comfortable and relaxed- and even gave me a comforting hug when my emotions set in during... Read More makeup! They were reasonably priced as well which was a plus. All of my bridesmaids couldn't believe how beautiful we all looked! My MOH (my little sister) said she was going to wear her makeup for the ceremony and pictures then take it off because she hated makeup. She now wants Ashely to give her lessons!! Fantastic duo! Thank you ladies!

The absolute best- True Artists

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Angela C

Andrea is a makeup genius. She is nice and personable and makes you feel so comfortable. She really listens and is willing to accommodate you and your personal style/ comfort level. She took her time to get to know me and my mother and best friend during our trial makeup... Read More run and was genuine in wanting us to all feel beautiful and comfortable. She's professional and helpful and really pays attention to your skin type and offers her professional advice to help you look your best, including skin care tips (which I now follow and see great results). She recommended specific makeup products to us depending on our eye shapes, skin type, etc. I was nervous about a break-out I had the week before my wedding and Andrea was a great resource on how to handle it and sure enough, all was cleared up in the end. On the big day she made everyone feel their prettiest and my mother and mother-in-law both were smiling ear to ear in awe of how they looked. I can honestly say, as the bride, I've never felt more beautiful in my life. Megan is a hair wizard, a true artist. She is able to look at a photo for a brief second and re-create it even better. She is professional, punctual and responsive. It's amazing what she can do in just 30 minutes. All of my bridesmaids said they've never had anyone do their hair so well before. She can tackle ANY hair type and even extensions. I honestly have never been more happy with my hair in my life. I felt like a celebrity.

Could not have been happier!

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Emma C

My bridesmaids, my mother, my mother-in-law, and I were all treated to pre-wedding beautification by Jenn (hair) and Marlo (makeup.) I could not have been happier with the results. My hair and makeup were exactly what I wanted and they both lasted long into the night. Both Jenn... Read More and Marlo knew exactly what to do to make our styles stick so that we would look our best from pictures before the ceremony to the reception. My bridesmaids all picked their own hairstyles so they were all different but Jenn made them all coordinate by added a small braid somewhere in the style. I loved that the girls could be themselves but still somehow uniform. Marlo did an excellent job with the makeup, my girls and I have never looked so good. My MIL has taken to calling her "Miracle Marlo" when we talk about the day. It was so nice that they came to our hotel suite. There was no worrying about getting to and from a salon. We were able to relax and goof around and each lunch rather than spending all 5 hours sitting in a salon waiting for each other to finish. I would 100% recommend Jenn and Marlo to any bride, my wedding day would not have been the same without them!

great experience

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Laura M

I had Ashley from the Makeup artists come help me get ready for my wedding in June. She was awesome! I don't wear a lot of makeup regularly and she was able to make me look great without looking completely different from my regular self. She came to my house for a trial before... Read More the wedding and was flexible and laid back on the big day. She even hung around to help me get the veil just right. It was important to me that I surround myself with calm, friendly people the day of the wedding and Ashley definitely fit the bill. My makeup, and pictures, came out great!

So much more!

Reviewed on 5/29/2013 Cara H

Choosing Andrea to do my hair and makeup for my wedding, along with my mother's and sister's, was by far the best decision I ever made. Words cannot describe how fantastic an artist and person Andrea is. First, lets talk about my make-up and hair. I knew when Andrea came to my... Read More house for my trial run that she completely understood me. She listened carefully to what I wanted and made me feel at ease. She did such a good job that I decided to get my makeup done for my engagement pictures too. When it came time for my wedding day I knew I was in great hands and boy did Andrea delivered. People could not stop talking about how great our makeup and hair looked! Andrea is much more than your average hair and makeup artist - she does everything! If you need your dressed fixed she is on top of it, if you need a hug she is there. She is so positive, upbeat and supportive. Thank you Andrea from the Makeup Artist for being part of my wedding day. I only hope that I get to use your services again sometime soon.

Andrea is a dream!

Reviewed on 8/19/2012 Amanda D

Andrea did my makeup and hair, and all the bridesmaids' makeup for my wedding. I'm not much of a girly-girl, so was a little nervous about this part of the wedding, but from the time I met her for the run-through, I knew I was in great hands. Andrea is amazing with hair, and... Read More made us all look gorgeous, but more than that, she is a wonderful, sincere, uplifting person. She also fit in with my wedding party so well, made us all comfortable, chatted and laughed with us, and offered so much extra advice and tips. The whole process was so much fun because of Andrea.

Andrea is awesome!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2012 Jenna K

I used the makeup artists in conjunction with Embelleish Salon for hair for my July wedding. Andrea did makeup while Jessie & Hannah did hair. They all did an AMAZING job! They knew exactly what I wanted, and made me, my mom and all my bridesmaids look our most beautiful... Read More selves! I highly recommend them!

Marlo is fantastic!

Reviewed on 8/07/2012 Rachelle V

Marlo Freedman came very highly recommended to me and I am so glad we went with her for our wedding makeup! I can't believe how perfect my bridesmaids and I looked! Airbrushing and false eyelashes were included in the price and were definitely worth it. Marlo came to my house... Read More for a trial and was very knowledgeable about the products she was using and gave me good tips for keeping my skin fresh until the wedding. She was open to suggestions of what colors we wanted for our eyeshadow and kept in touch through email up until the big day. Not all of my bridesmaids opted in to getting their makeup done as it was pricey, but I definitely think it was worth the money as my skin and makeup in my photos is absolutely flawless!

Flawless!

Reviewed on 7/28/2012 Kate G

Andrea did hair and makeup for my mom, my sister, and me on my wedding day - 7/14/12. She was absolutely incredible! My hair and makeup were FLAWLESS, and I felt so beautiful and confident all night as a result! She was professional, responsive, and attentive throughout the... Read More whole process (two trials for me and one for my sister and my mom, plus all of the communication back and forth in between - and then the wedding day, of course!). She also set just the right tone that day, keeping everyone calm and happy and going above and beyond throughout the day, thinking of everything and being so helpful with so many little things. I cannot recommend Andrea highly enough! I would work with her again in a heartbeat!

The Makeup Artists - The Perfect Wedding Stylists

Reviewed on 7/10/2012 Michelle S

Worked with Andrea, Meghan and Brenna on my wedding day on June 9, 2012. It was a wonderful experience from the beginning to end. Andrea is the owner and the make-up artists came recommended to me by a friend. From the initial contact I found Andrea to be extremely organized and... Read More easy to work with. On the day of the wedding Meghan and Brenna did hair and Andrea did makeup. They all did a fantastic job and all the girls looked beautiful (we had 7 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls, 1 mother of bride, 2 sister in laws have services done). Meghan did my hair and was extremely quick on her feet when I decided to slightly alter my hair style from the initial trial we did. It came out fantastic! Every single girl that got their hair/make-up done was very satisfied and felt gorgeous. I think it also helped that all three stylists, Andrea, Meghan and Brenna were professional but also really fun to talk to and made you feel at ease on your wedding day. I would absolutely recommend the Make-up artists to future brides! They made the wedding day even more special.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/10/2011 Katelyn G

We had Andrea, she was the BEST! She made us look and feel beautiful. She is a very talented makeup artist. She went above and beyond, helping us carry stuff to the limo, made sure we had everything we needed. She was great!

Defintely recommended

Reviewed on 5/09/2011 Katie R

The Makeup Artists Boston, Massachusetts 02129 See All Reviews Services Used: Beauty & Health 5.0 out of 5.0 Quality of Service: 5.0 out of 5.0 (5.0/5.0) Responsiveness: 5.0 out of 5.0 (5.0/5.0) Professionalism: 5.0 out of 5.0 (5.0/5.0) Value For Cost: 5.0 out... Read More of 5.0 (5.0/5.0) Flexibility: 5.0 out of 5.0 (5.0/5.0) Edit Review I had Ashley do makeup for me and my bridal party on the wedding day, and we all looked so fabulous! Everyone kept telling me how great my makeup looked! Also, Ashley is great at listening to what kind of look you want, but making you look great no matter what! Not only is Ashley super talented, but she is so much fun to work with.... It was like having my best friend do my makeup! I would definitely recommend Ashley (and the Makeup Artists in general)!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 3/25/2011 Amy S

I have never felt more perfect in my own skin then I did on my wedding day. Andrea Ducharme is a magicial with her makeup! I want to find reasons to need to get my makeup done just so I can have her do my makeup! :o)

MARLO FREEDMAN FROM THE MAKEUP ARTISTS

Reviewed on 1/25/2011 Kristin V

FIRST OFF MARLO IS SUCH A SWEETHEART! She practiced with David Nicholas at DNI studios and she is an esthetician. I have some acne and she was able to cover it up and make my skin still look natural without it looking caked on. i wanted the old hollywood style look and I got it!... Read More Checkout her work on themakeupartists.com

The Makeup Artists made me look like a STAR!

Reviewed on 9/09/2010 Aimee M

The talented miss Ashley from The Makeup Artists made sure my wedding day was absolutely flawless! She was extremely friendly, personable and my wedding party and I all felt like we belonged on the red carpet once she was done applying our makeup. She was more than happy to... Read More travel to my wedding site so all I had to do the day of my wedding was wake up and get gorgeous! Thanks to Ashley, I have never felt or looked more beautiful in my life! Most amazingly, even though it was rainy and humid the day of my wedding, none of our makeup budged one bit the whole day. Her skill and professionalism are completely unbeatable.