The Makeup Maven and Company

Austin, New Braunfels, Seguin, San Antonio, Corpus Christi

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, Nails, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Facials, Waxing, Spas, Beauty

5202 Broadway, San Antonio, TX Austin, New Braunfels, Seguin, San Antonio, Corpus Christi (210) 279-3035

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Shelby H

I did a trial run of my makeup for our engagement photos and was so impressed that I decided to use Johanna for my wedding day as well. She does an awesome job at amplifying your look without overdoing it or making you look unnatural. I felt like an enhanced version of myself,... Read More which is exactly what I was looking for. Even though we did all our photos and the ceremony outdoors (in the mid-80s heat with high humidity), my airbrushed foundation lasted well into the night. She did my bridesmaids and Mom/MIL's makeup as well and they looked amazing! The only small complaint some of my girls had was that they felt like she spent significantly less time on their looks, but charged them pretty much the same as she charged me. This, however, was likely due to the large size of my bridal party and early-ish start time I had for photos. Overall, however, everyone was super happy with their makeup. I would totally recommend Johanna and definitely plan on using her in the future whenever we make a trip down from Dallas for a photo session with our favorite photographer.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Laura D

Johanna did my daughter's and her bridesmaids' makeup for her wedding and did such a beautiful job! Their makeup was so fresh and natural looking and stayed on all night! Not only is Johanna such a talented artist, but she is a friend. She truly cares about her clients and will... Read More go above and beyond to make sure they're happy. She did my daughter's makeup in the morning and had another wedding that afternoon. She told my daughter to call her if she needed her to come back and retouch her makeup before the wedding. We got distracted and forgot to text, but right before the ceremony I turned around and there she was in the bridal room. What a sweet surprise! We wouldn't ever use anyone else!

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Hillary W

Johanna, Ariel (both makeup) and Bess were just incredible artists for my wedding day! They came to my home where all the girls were getting ready and got to work quickly. Everyone's makeup and hair was done on time and looked incredible! Johanna was incredibly helpful, listened... Read More to my thoughts/opinion and also offered her own opinions when asked in a constructive manner. The reason I chose Johanna was based on positive reviews and also how she was able to make brown eyes really sparkle. I saw a photo on her website of a client with blonde hair/brown eyes similar to mine and I knew she needed to be my makeup artist! All of my bridesmaids raved about the individual lashes that they put on us, and how natural they felt. The makeup lasted all day and well into the night. Bess did my hair, as well as my mom, mother-in-law and her friend. She did an amazing job on everyone-- my mother-in-law's friend said she'd never loved a wedding look so much! Bess pinned my curls up and gave me instructions on letting them out before the wedding so they would hold-- it was these little things that helped make the day smooth and helped me feel beautiful on my wedding day! Last quick note, they accepted venmo payments which was SO easy for my bridesmaids who were all paying for their own beauty services. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Erika G

Johanna Bess and their team did an amazing job on the day of my wedding for my family and I! They had so much patience and love and made the whole experience unforgettable! They do exactly what you want and we couldn't have asked for better service! I will be eternally grateful... Read More to them!

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Sarah B

Johanna did an amazing job with my make up for both my bridal portraits and on my wedding day! Everything looked natural and stayed put despite me getting slightly sweaty on the dance floor! Thank you so much for making my day special, Johanna!

Couldn't Ask for More!!

Reviewed on 1/25/2012 katelyn p

My wedding day was my first time to have my makeup done and I was beyond pleased. I was very comfortable there and the results were amazing. I would recommend everyone use Joanna!

Would not suggest this vendor for hair

Reviewed on 6/15/2011 Mary D

As with any beauty service, it is important to be very clear with what you want, and pictures help. I used the makeup maven to do my makeup, makeup for my bridal party, and hair for my bridal party. I was pleased with my makeup because I did a trial the day before, and I... Read More could clearly communicate what I did and did not like about it. I have a cool skin tone, and she had used a lot of warm colors, so I asked her to tone that down. My eyes were great because I had her take some of the eyeliner off the bottom, and my lips were ok with a neutral color. At first in appeared a little cakey, but it wore pretty well throughout the night. I was really not impressed with the bridesmaids hair. He didn't listen to what some of the girls were wanting, and he didn't even use professional tools. While the hair looked nice at first, it was not secure and kind of fell over the course of the night. They were in a rush and before I knew it they had run off. If I had had another choice, I would have kept this vendor for makeup, but gone with someone else for hair.

Great makeup...OK hair

Reviewed on 11/02/2010 Melanie R

I had them do my entire wedding party, my mother, and myself. The makeup was great. The hair looked great at first. My haif wasn't held together very well, and ended up having pieces getting loose. She didn't leave us with any extra bobypins to attempt to repair it. Also, she... Read More had an appointment after mine and seemed a little rushed. My veil wasn't put in my hair well enough and I ended up just taking it off because we couldn't keep it in my hair!