The Mill at Fine Creek

Powhatan, VA

An enchanting setting for your special day!

The Mill at Fine Creek is a unique reception facility meticulously designed to fulfill all the details of your wedding-day dreams. Located in an historic district on the site of an 18th-century mill, our modern facility blends new-world capabilities with old-world charm.

$$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Food + Catering, Planning

Bow2010

2434 Robert E Lee Road, Powhatan, VA

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Brittany D

I can't say enough about how amazing my experience was at the Mill! During planning, Colleen and Stephanie answered every little question and thought of every fine detail about the big day. Lisa, the owner and caterer, sat with us to create a customized menu and executed it to... Read More perfection. On the day of our wedding, everything went better than I ever could've imagined- I truly don't have one, single thing to complain about. My bridal party and I stayed in the cottage onsite the night before, woke up the next day and leisurely prepared for the wedding. Carrie checked in on us all day, brought mimosas and double checked the details. When it was showtime, Stephanie made sure that the wedding party and vendors knew exactly where to be and when. Dinner service was impeccable- these guys are a well-oiled machine! Stephanie made sure the wedding party ate some appetizers between the ceremony and reception, and dinner was served quickly with no hiccups. The three things I heard over and over and over again from my guests: 1) The venue was unbelievably beautiful 2) The service was incredible 3) The food was amazing! Choosing the Mill was the best wedding choice I made (aside from the Groom, of course). I can't thank these guys enough!

Reviewed on 5/28/2015 Elizabeth S

As far as I am concerned every single bride and groom should choose The Mill for their wedding! The moment we visited the site we fell in love. In fact I cried, saying to my father that the site was perfect and I did not care what I had to do in order to have my wedding at The... Read More Mill. The team at The Mill is so professional and provides exceptional service in everything they do! Colleen and Lisa, answered e-mails extremely quick during our year plus planning process. Every step of the planning process was stress free due to their experience in the wedding process. Lisa provides an exceptional service of planning the wedding menu based on the bride an grooms wishes. The father of the bride has recently gone gluten free due to health problems. Lisa planned the entire menu to be gluten free and no one even noticed, as guests commented that the foo was exceptional. Colleen was so well organized on wedding day that as the bride, I did not have to worry about a thing! The entire property is amazing and made for amazing pictures as well as a very fun place for the guests to mingle on the entire property and not be confined to a single reception place. Please do not look any where else when planning your wedding. Booking The Mill at Fine Creek is the best decision I ever made, well except for finding the perfect husband!

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Kappie F

We could not be more grateful to the Mill at Fine Creek for making our daughter’s wedding day everything we hoped it would be. We had 217 guests set for an April 25th sunny low 70’s outdoor wedding but instead it rained all day and night and the temperature was 46 degrees. The... Read More bride and 9 bridesmaids arrived as early as 10am for a 5:00 wedding and were treated like royalty as they had their stylist’s prepare them for the wedding. Without missing a beat the staff moved the wedding indoors and arranged seating for all 217 guests. The venue was beautiful and intimate. The minute the ceremony ended, drinks were served as the staff moved the seating and transitioned the venue back to the original space. They had heaters on the covered porch, which could seat 25 to 30 guests. The food was spectacular and the service team was fast, friendly, accommodating and just seemed to have fun with us. We could not have asked for more and would strongly and without reservation recommend the Mill and their entire team to anyone considering the venue.

The perfect venue!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Alyssa B

You have got to pick The Mill at Fine Creek for your wedding venue!!!! It was absolutely perfect in every way! From day 1, the staff was very easy to work with and contact. They answered all of our questions and helped to create the dream wedding that was always in my mind. They... Read More made the wedding planning process so easy and enjoyable. The day of the wedding went without a hitch because of the Mill's coordinators! They helped with all the details so my family and I could sit back and enjoy this special day. The food was beyond our expectations. Lisa is the chef on site and helps to create your dream menu. She uses fresh food from her garden and really puts her heart into her dishes. My husband and I are "foodies" and really enjoyed everything! I cannot tell you enough how beautiful the grounds are. Our guests were so impressed and said this was the best wedding they've ever been to! I have NOTHING bad to say at all about The Mill at Fine Creek! Thank you for everything!!!!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015

I am not the Bride, but rather the mother of the Bride, and my husband and I wanted nothing other than our daughter and soon to be son in law to have the best, most relaxing and memorable day of their lives. The wedding was Sunday, July 5th and it was for us and the whole... Read More wedding party the most relaxing and enjoyable celebration ever. The venue was stunning! We needed no extra flowers or decor because the beauty of the Mill itself was extraordinary. The cottage made for a wonderful place for the groomsmen and groom to get ready. But we ladies enjoyed the Bridal lounge area as we put on our faces and dolled up our hair. From start to finish the employees of the Mill were accommodating and helpful, understanding of all our questions and last minute tweaks. The catering was beyond anything we expected!! They created a fun, yet elegant popcorn bar to facilitate our popcorn and movie theme. The couples' choice of bar-b-que and mac and cheese made me a little nervous because it did not sound like wedding food, but everyone raved about the food. It was delicious! Even with 150 people at the reception, we had plenty of room to move about and enjoy dancing!!!! It was also so nice that the entire venue was exclusively ours for the entire experience! I cannot say enough about The Mill At Fine Creek. I secretly hope my second daughter gets married here too - it was just that special!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Kaitlin M

My wedding at The Mill at Fine Creek was more than I could have ever imagined. It is a truly beautiful venue. There are so many places to take beautiful pictures. Lisa is wonderful to work with, and a true expert! The day of coordinators, Colleen and Stephanie, helped my day run... Read More so smoothly. I did not have to worry about anything other than enjoying the day thanks to them. My guests are still raving about the whole experience, especially the food and beer selection. I would recommend The Mill to any bride looking for an amazing experience at a great value!

Reviewed on 5/30/2015 Peggy W

I have nothing but good things to say about the Mill! The pictures on the website hardly do it justice; it's so incredibly picturesque as-is we didn't even bother with ceremony decorations. The staff is both professional and cordial - we hired Colleen as our day-of coordinator... Read More and the wedding went perfectly smoothly. They respond super quickly to inquiries and have great recommendations even beyond their "preferred vendors" list. You have to use their caterer, but you'd be crazy to want to use any other! The food is to-die-for. In a nutshell: I had the absolute perfect wedding, and I have the Mill at Fine Creek to thank for it!

The Mill At Fine Creek

Reviewed on 11/21/2014 Elysia G

This place is beyond beautiful! If you're going to spend your money on something, let it be this place... They require that you use their catering, but you are allowed to bring in your cake from somewhere else. Having said that, you're going to WANT to use their catering (it's... Read More what they're known for). They take something as simple as breaded chicken and turn it into a piece of heaven! If you want an outdoorsy, nymph-land atmosphere next to a babbling creek, this is your venue!

Classy in Virginia!

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Kia W

We have been searching for the right venue for 2.5 years. We needed to get the "feeling." After a change in destination plans my fiance' & I revisited venues close to home and I will say that we were elated that we did. The Mill at Fine Creek was outstanding from consultation to... Read More reception! The owner, the associates, the communication, the grounds, the inclusions, the exclusivity, the client services and the FOOD!... everything was great and helped us to remember our life time event! We were sad that the evening had to end that was how much we enjoyed The Mill at Fine Creek.

Wedding & Reception

Reviewed on 9/16/2014

This was a day that we will never forget. The venue was beautiful. The people were very helpful and the dinner was beyond words. This is the perfect place for a wedding.

A Magical Moment

Reviewed on 9/02/2014

My daughter, Katlyn was married at The Mill at Fine Creek on August 31,2014. This day was truly a special day and everyone at The Mill worked tirelessly to make it special The Mill at Fine Creek, delivered not only a beautiful setting for Katlyn's wedding, but the staff from... Read More Colleen, Carrie, Stephanie, and last but certainly not least, Lisa the owner of this beautiful place provided such care and detail in helping us prepare, our day was smooth and stress free. The large bridal area was a gem as we were able to relax with refreshments as our hair and make up was done. Our flower girls were able to play in the adjoining children's room in a comfortable setting while waiting for the wedding. Colleen, Carrie and Stephanie were on the spot to answer all of our questions and coordinate the flow of events with such ease we didn't have to worry about anything. The groom's cottage provided a nice retreat for the men in the wedding party to relax, eat lunch and prepare for the big moment. The ceremony itself took place in the ruins of the mill and the setting was beautiful and intimate. After the ceremony, the guests were treated to delicious appetizers of shrimp peroigees, corn fritters, and Lisa's famously delicious ham biscuits as well as a tasty artichoke dip, assorted cheeses and crackers and an assortment of raw vegetables a they waited for Douglas Hinkley of Wendell Powell Studio patiently lead us through the ritual of the post wedding photo shoot. The guests meanwhile were enjoying the food so much which was constantly being served by the wonderful waitstaff they never felt bored or neglected. After the introduction by our DJ, we began our wonderful tasty wedding meal of plated salad followed by great tasting moist chicken piccata, pork tenderloin, roasted potatoes, asparagus,fresh fruit containing strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and nectarines, and a smart flavor- filled vegan friendly pasta, mushroom,roasted peppers, and caramelized onions. I was pleasantly surprised at how Lisa could take a simple menu and through her ability as a chef turn it into an elegant presentation of textures and flavors. Bravo to her! She made our night!. After our meal we spent the evening reacquainting ourselves with our friends who joined us on this special day while listening and sometimes dancing to the music provided by our DJ Dennis Collins, throughout the evening. Guests who chose to partake of the cash bar did so and often stopped by the "Green Screen" set up by our photographer Douglas Hinkley to take some shots with various backgrounds. After the cutting of the wonderful multi- flavored cake, the bouquet and garter toss, Colleen and the staff were instrumental in setting up the Bride and Groom's farewell through a flurry of bubbles and the twinkling of sparklers. The evening was one of a magical moment for the bride and groom as well as the guests who came. We owe the success of our evening in large part to the staff at The Mill at Fine Creek and of course all the vendors we chose to be a part of my daughter's day. Douglas Hinkley of Wendell Powell Studio, Dennis Collins our DJ, our Florist, Mary Henry, the ladies of The Hair Pro, Jennifer Green, Rosemary Scott, and Claudia Gonzalez. Lest we forget, Brian Purcell, our Officiant was so warm and personable it was difficult not to think of him as a family friend. To sum up my daughter's day, it was a huge success, and we warmly thank everyone involved. A true Magical Moment!

The Mill at Fine Creek

Reviewed on 8/31/2014

This venue is top notch. Colleen and her entrée staff were great. You will not find a more beautiful site that is so unique. The food is also amazing. Our guests could not stop raving about the food. Our family will always have the great memories of the special day we spent... Read More there for my daughter's wedding.

A Perfect Day

Reviewed on 8/31/2014

My daughter got married at The Mill on Sunday, August 24th in the Ruins. I cannot begin to describe what an incredible day it was. The venue is beautiful and we had it all to ourselves all day. Many of our guests traveled from afar so of course I wanted it to be warm and... Read More inviting yet intimate all at the same time and it was, I am so pleased with our experience, many said this was the best wedding they had ever been to and I agree. Lisa the owner has to be a magician as she is also the chef, I'm not sure how she does it all, she was so calm and the food was excellent! The staff were great, I didn't have to worry about a thing. Also want to thank Colleen for all of her assistance through out the day!

Most amazing day of my life!

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 Caitlin G

I highly recommend the mill! The venue was insanely beautiful and the staff went above and beyond to make sure my day went perfectly & it did! The guests raved about the food - Lisa is a magician in the kitchen. Colleen was our day of coordinator and she was sweet, calm, cool &... Read More collective! Everything went amazingly and I can't thank them enough for making our wedding truly the best day of our lives.

Perfect venue for any wedding

Reviewed on 8/19/2014 Kari D

My husband and I got married at The Mill on August 17th, and it was as perfect as we could have ever hoped it to be. The staff is incredible and makes the entire day of process fun and easy; there are numerous ceremony spaces on the grounds, all of them gorgeous, the reception... Read More area is beautiful and versatile in styling choices; the food was amazing, and our guests loved every part of the day. However, the biggest value in the Mill is the professionalism displayed by Lisa and Colleen from beginning to end of the process. I experienced almost no stress planning my wedding thanks in large part to them. There are simply not enough superlatives for the perfection that is The Mill at Fine Creek!

The perfect day

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Courtney D

I wanted to have an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception, and I absolutely fell in love with The Mill. They take care of absolutely EVERYTHING! Hiring Colleen (their on-site coordinator) was absolutely worth it, and I really don't see why you would need an outside wedding... Read More planner because she kept us on track and ran everything throughout the night. We haven't stopped getting compliments on the beautiful mill ruins for the ceremony and the delicious food and drink selection! We had so many people from out of town who said the food made it worth the trip! If you want a stress-free, everything included venue, then The Mill is for you!

Off-Beat Wedding for a Traditional Vendor

Reviewed on 8/08/2014 Heather P

When I first came across the Mill online, I knew I had to check them out. I started in contact with Lisa about my wedding, which was more of a reaffirmation of vows since my husband and I married in March due to the military and a move involved. Lisa and Colleen were amazing and... Read More really helped out a lot in order to get all the details correct. Myself and my parents attended one of their tasting nights and once we met to discuss our choices with Lisa, we changed our minds on our choices due to her input since we weren't having the "typical" wedding most people have at The Mill (Star Wars, Batman, Vintage, etc.) I was definitely an "off-beat" bride for them and they were really excited to help me make the day memorable from start to finish. I would definitely recommend getting Colleen as your day-of wedding coordinator - I wrote my ceremony and she helped execute the rehearsal as well as the day off flawlessly! We loved the historic look of The Mill and the surrounding forest - if you're looking for a different, but beautiful venue in VA, you need to check them out. From craft beers to private bridal and groom suites, a children's room and in-house catering, this is your one stop venue who will really make you feel like family.

Words Cannot Express How Amazing This Place Is...

Reviewed on 8/03/2014 Brittany M

There is not one negative thing I have to say about this place! It's absolutely beautiful, the staff is amazing, the food is phenomenal and it's just all around the best place to have your wedding!! Over the course of the past year, I ended up emailing Lisa and Colleen so... Read More many times with so many questions and they were nothing but nice, understanding, helpful and went above and beyond. Our way day was perfect, I mean perfect. The day turned out to be more beautiful and just more amazing than I ever could have imagined. We've gotten so many compliments over the past couple of weeks since our wedding...about everything! All of our guest have said they same thing I have. I will be recommending The Mill to every couple I know getting married and I hope to have anniversary pictures taken there too! I can't wait to have a reason to go back and visit.

Extraordinary venue and delicious food!!!! Your guests will love it!

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Karen C

We’re outdoorsy history lovers, and fell in love with the Mill at Fine Creek as our wedding venue from our first visit 16 months prior to our wedding. The property is beautiful and historical, inside and out: a bedrock creek, lush flower-filled gardens, gorgeous mill ruins, and... Read More an attention to detail and decadence in both the exquisite Reception Hall and Miller’s Cottage that evidences that this is the premier wedding venue in the Commonwealth. Stop looking, folks – you’ve found it. Our July wedding at the Mill was a dream and a fairytale. Menu/food was an initial concern for us heading into the planning stages; we needed to commit to the venue before settling on a menu (you must use the owner's catering if you have your wedding here), which gave us some pause as we wanted to feature some unique Eastern European ethnic cuisine in our buffet that falls outside of standard culinary training. Lisa (the owner) is an excellent chef who traverses a wide breadth of cuisine with ease, which was obvious at our tasting – and she absolutely NAILED it for us on wedding day. She also accommodated vegan guests and those with gluten and soy allergies without missing a beat or making them feel “different”. Complements from our guests ranged from giddy enthusiasm to flat-out-raving about the food. Your food will be outrageously good; regardless of your chosen cuisine, rest assured that you are in the capable hands of a culinary artisan. We also secured the services of Colleen as our coordinator – a phenomenal decision. She was attentive to every last detail (no matter how minute) and was always available to answer questions in the planning stages. On the wedding day, she ran a tight, well-oiled ship: our wedding started on time, proceeded without hiccup, and folks were where then needed to be, when they needed to be. During the reception, we didn't notice any staff staff milling about, yet anytime we had a question or need, Colleen materialized from the ether and had it solved within a minute – even when the groom trampled the bride’s bustle while stampeding to Lisa’s buffet! The bar staff were extremely friendly and fun, as noted by several guests, and Mark at Blue Shutter photography made the pictures flow seamlessly and quickly by jovially interacting with the bridal party and family to feel things fun, fresh, fast, and light. In summary, we could not give a higher recommendation to a wedding venue or staff – the Mill at Fine Creek far exceeded our every hope and expectation. This is the perfect venue and staff for your most special day!

Exceptional Experience

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Lynn W

My daughter and her finance could not have chosen a more perfect wedding venue than The Mill at Fine Creek. It is so obvious that Lisa and Colleen are passionate about providing a beautiful space and exceptional service for brides and grooms and their families. The... Read More ceremony took place in the Ruins, which provided such an intimate and special feeling--it was absolutely beautiful. The grounds are very well thought out and cared for. The reception space is well designed--warm and welcoming with nice flow indoors and on the wrap around porch. The food was wonderful and the waitstaff was very efficient and unobtrusive. Lisa was very helpful in planning our menu when we were unable to attend the tasting--her suggestions were much appreciated by all our guests! During the planning process Colleen and Stephanie's suggestions and responses to questions were reassuring and very valuable. It was smooth sailing throughout the entire process. I had never anticipated such a stress free planning experience. I highly recommend The Mill at Fine Creek. In fact, I cannot imagine anyone more wonderful to work with than Lisa and Colleen. We truly had an exceptional experience!

Beautiful Wedding at The Mill

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Katy Z

My husband and I got married at The Mill at Fine Creek in June. It was the perfect venue for our special day for many reasons. First, it is truly a one-stop shop. The owner provides a preferred vendor list that helps narrow your search in finding other vendors. The owner is also... Read More the caterer, so no need to shop around. Not to mention, her food is delicious. We did southern classic food (including mini shrimp and grits). You can also hire a day-of coordinator through The Mill. Colleen was who I worked with mostly, and she was the ideal combination of organized, knowledgeable, and calm that put me at ease prior to and on the big day. Carrie is another coordinator there who was a bit more blunt than Colleen and did not make me feel as relaxed the day-of. There are many options for where to hold your ceremony at The Mill. We chose inside The Mill ruins which provided for a beautiful, vintage feel. They will move your entire ceremony inside though, if it were to rain on your wedding day. They have an indoor reception facility as well, so you don't need to worry about temperatures inside a tent. The reception building has wrap around porches that provide southern charm. I would recommend The Mill to anyone, and it is worth every penny.

Best Decision We Made!

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Emily M

We had such a hard time finding the right venue for the feel that we wanted for our wedding and we couldn't have choosen a better venue. I honestly can not say enough great things about the Mill. Colleen and Lisa were always very responsive and helpful and took the time to make... Read More sure this was exactly what we wanted! I even had to move the ceremoney inside for the heat and there was no problems last minute with this! I used several of the vendors from their preferred vendor list and was not disappointed in the least! If you are unsure of having your wedding at the Mill, please go for a visit and you will fall in love! We also stayed right at the cabin which made things so much easier that night and getting ready! Our food was fantastic and excatly what we asked for, it's not getting a packet to pick from which was so awesome to us! You will not be dissapointed in the least if you choose this for your site! :)

FABULOUS!

Reviewed on 6/11/2014 Letitia H

My husband and I had dinner at The Mill during one of their monthly dinner/dance events about a year and a half ago and knew this venue would be perfect when the time came for the engagement of our daughter. Sure enough, we took her and her fiance there to check it out and they... Read More didn't look at any other venues. Colleen and Lisa at The Mill were very easy to work with and very accommodating. They made wonderful suggestions about things that we would not have thought of. We especially liked the "tasting" event which provided us with a great opportunity to see the venue full of guests as well as taste some of their food selections. We liked the selection of table linens and napkins as well as candle and table number options that The Mill offers. We had a sit down dinner (buffet) for 162 and the space did not seem at all crowded. The food was fabulous and we have had many comments that it was the best reception food they have ever had. Besides Colleen and Lisa, the staff was on top of everything as well as being friendly. When friends or others would ask where my daughter's reception was going to be and I said at The Mill at Fine Creek, I only heard great things. I was able to enjoy the reception and not worry about a thing. Cheers to a wonderful reception we will always remember!

Wonderful Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 5/26/2014 Jessica H

The Mill was so easy to work with. They have just about everything included. The location is beautiful both inside and out. Colleen was wonderful to work with, highly recommend working with her as your coordinator. She made sure I had everything planned out ahead of time and... Read More the weekend of the wedding she kept everything working smoothly and on time. Everyone loved the food and beer selection at the wedding reception. They have a kids room for a babysitter to watch kids for guests, which was a great relief for some of my guests. Groomsmen cottage was nice, my husband and groomsmen said they enjoyed it. They were given the option to have a couple of beers and play corn hole before the ceremony. The brides room upstairs is nice. They have 3 salon chairs to help all the girls get ready. We were given drinks and cookies while we got ready. We also used the owner's son as our photographer, Blue Shutter. Mark was very easy to work with and took great pictures. We used him for our engagement session, my bridal portraits, and our wedding pictures. Overall I would highly recommend this venue. Everything was beautiful, and all of our guests loved it.

Perfect venue.

Reviewed on 5/05/2014

Absolutely outstanding. This was a fairytale wedding site. The food was gourmet quality and exactly what we wanted. The staff was extremely attentive and professional. They were flexible and supportive and all that you would want on a stressful day. We truly felt pampered.

TO The Mill at Fine Creek