The Mill at Fine Creek

Powhatan, VA

An enchanting setting for your special day!

The Mill at Fine Creek is a unique reception venue meticulously designed to fulfill all the details of your wedding-day dreams. Located in an historic district on the site of an 18th-century mill, our modern facility blends new-world capabilities with old-world charm.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Bow2010

2434 Robert E Lee Road, Powhatan, VA

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Brittany D

I can't say enough about how amazing my experience was at the Mill! During planning, Colleen and Stephanie answered every little question and thought of every fine detail about the big day. Lisa, the owner and caterer, sat with us to create a customized menu and executed it to... Read More perfection. On the day of our wedding, everything went better than I ever could've imagined- I truly don't have one, single thing to complain about. My bridal party and I stayed in the cottage onsite the night before, woke up the next day and leisurely prepared for the wedding. Carrie checked in on us all day, brought mimosas and double checked the details. When it was showtime, Stephanie made sure that the wedding party and vendors knew exactly where to be and when. Dinner service was impeccable- these guys are a well-oiled machine! Stephanie made sure the wedding party ate some appetizers between the ceremony and reception, and dinner was served quickly with no hiccups. The three things I heard over and over and over again from my guests: 1) The venue was unbelievably beautiful 2) The service was incredible 3) The food was amazing! Choosing the Mill was the best wedding choice I made (aside from the Groom, of course). I can't thank these guys enough!

Reviewed on 5/28/2015 Elizabeth S

As far as I am concerned every single bride and groom should choose The Mill for their wedding! The moment we visited the site we fell in love. In fact I cried, saying to my father that the site was perfect and I did not care what I had to do in order to have my wedding at The... Read More Mill. The team at The Mill is so professional and provides exceptional service in everything they do! Colleen and Lisa, answered e-mails extremely quick during our year plus planning process. Every step of the planning process was stress free due to their experience in the wedding process. Lisa provides an exceptional service of planning the wedding menu based on the bride an grooms wishes. The father of the bride has recently gone gluten free due to health problems. Lisa planned the entire menu to be gluten free and no one even noticed, as guests commented that the foo was exceptional. Colleen was so well organized on wedding day that as the bride, I did not have to worry about a thing! The entire property is amazing and made for amazing pictures as well as a very fun place for the guests to mingle on the entire property and not be confined to a single reception place. Please do not look any where else when planning your wedding. Booking The Mill at Fine Creek is the best decision I ever made, well except for finding the perfect husband!

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Kappie F

We could not be more grateful to the Mill at Fine Creek for making our daughter’s wedding day everything we hoped it would be. We had 217 guests set for an April 25th sunny low 70’s outdoor wedding but instead it rained all day and night and the temperature was 46 degrees. The... Read More bride and 9 bridesmaids arrived as early as 10am for a 5:00 wedding and were treated like royalty as they had their stylist’s prepare them for the wedding. Without missing a beat the staff moved the wedding indoors and arranged seating for all 217 guests. The venue was beautiful and intimate. The minute the ceremony ended, drinks were served as the staff moved the seating and transitioned the venue back to the original space. They had heaters on the covered porch, which could seat 25 to 30 guests. The food was spectacular and the service team was fast, friendly, accommodating and just seemed to have fun with us. We could not have asked for more and would strongly and without reservation recommend the Mill and their entire team to anyone considering the venue.

Reviewed on 7/16/2016

I recently had my wedding and reception at The Mill at Fine Creek and cannot say enough about this incredible venue. The grounds, facilities and staff are nothing short of stellar and first rate. Lisa, Colleen and Stephanie were so helpful throughout the entire planning... Read More process as well as the day of. We planned to have our ceremony in the ruins, but it rained off and on throughout our wedding day. At the very last minute, we decided to move our ceremony inside. The team didn't bat an eye at our request and flipped the room within minutes - I could not be more grateful for their flexibility. Our guests are still raving about the amazing food (the mini chicken and waffle passed appetizers were a runaway hit) and the service by the entire staff. I was totally blown away by everything and everyone at The Mill and I thank them so much for making our day so amazing.

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Emily Z

I cant say enough good things about the mill at fine creek. We selected this venue because it is beautiful and unique and had amazing reviews online. The venue itself is gorgeous and the building and grounds are so well maintained. The service was beyond my expectations; there... Read More was always someone to answer my questions. Colleen was our day of coordinator and she took care of everything, making sure that I didn't have to worry about a thing on the day of. The food was amazing, we loved getting to create our own menu with Lisa. Guests kept telling us all night how great the food was. Our wedding at the mill exceeded all of me expectations. They paid attention to every detail, and you could tell throughout the process not only how professional and knowledgeable each member of the staff is, but also how much they enjoy their jobs. We were so happy with our wedding at the mill, and would do it all over again, exactly the same!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Kristen L

This place was magical, and I had the best night of my life. They take care of almost everything so you have less to worry about. You couldn't ask for a better place to start the rest of your life!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Lauren K

In addition to the unbeatably lovely scenery, the Mill also has the most amazing staff you could ask for. Every email I sent was answered within hours or at most a day, they worked hard to accommodate our theme (Harry Potter) and even came up with some fun ideas we hadn't... Read More thought of. I never felt like I was bothering them or asking stupid questions and their professionalism and experience made the week prior nearly stress-free. If I had it to do over again, I would choose the Mill every time for the most beautiful setting you could ask for, and the staff who really take your wedding personally and work so hard to make it perfect!

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Kathrin J

The Mill at Fine Creek was a beautiful setting for our daughter's recent wedding reception. The staff is exceptional. They pay attention to every detail. The food was delicious, and beautifully presented. Thank you to everyone for a lovely day. We were so pleased.

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Jamie H

Absolutely stunning venue and great people to work with! All of my guests were wowed by this place and I couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. Stephanie did an excellent job as coordinator! Made everything flow smoothly and in a timely fashion. I didn't have... Read More to worry about a thing. The food was fantastic! Their baker made my cutting cake and cupcakes - so delicious! Everyone was so accommodating and I got nothing but great comments from my family and friends. SO incredibly glad that I booked this venue for my big day!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Jessica S

Choosing The Mill at Fine Creek was the best decision of our wedding planning. Everything from the food to the gorgeous grounds to the staff was absolutely perfect, and allowed us to have the most stress-free wedding day and planning process. Every question we had while planning... Read More our wedding was answered very quickly and with great attention to detail. We were also lucky to have The Mill's list of preferred vendors which led us to choosing an amazing team that worked together seamlessly, again making our big day so relaxing since we knew everything was taken care of. Be sure to take advantage of their day-of coordination services, as Stephanie and Colleen are the best at caring for every detail and made the day run flawlessly. We haven't stopped receiving compliments on the delicious food and unbeatable beauty of The Mill at Fine Creek, and couldn't be happier with our decision to get married there. Our day was nothing short of perfect thanks to everyone at The Mill at Fine Creek, and I only wish every bride and groom could experience it as well!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Samantha S

The Mill at Fine Creek is a a hidden gem. Not only is it an absolutely gorgeous venue but everyone that works there is extremely nice. Lisa, chef and owner, makes the best food and is great when planning your menu. She takes the food above and beyond. In our case, we needed... Read More a blend of Indian and American food and she took our needs and provided us with the perfect menu to satisfy all wedding attendees. A lot of places you go to aren't willing to stray from the typical menu but Lisa is very upfront and even says if there is a family recipe you want made for your wedding she is willing to take that and make it for your day. Colleen, the in-house coordinator, is absolutely amazing to work with. Any questions you have she is quick to respond and puts you at ease with any worries you may have. Our guests absolutely loved the venue and we got so many compliments about our choice on picking The Mill at Fine Creek.

Great venue

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Hillary C

Great venue! Highly recommend.

Our Fairytale Wedding

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Sam S

The best decision we made in preparation for our wedding was choosing The Mill at Fine Creek as our wedding ceremony and reception location. I first visited The Mill with my Mom, and within seconds of walking in, my Mom squeezed my hand and while holding back tears said, "Sam,... Read More this is it, this is the one!" We both giggled and cried with excitement knowing how unique, intimate, special, and perfect my wedding would be at this venue. Of course, I had to bring my groom and Mother in Law there a couple weeks later to really solidify our decision, but he knew just from talking to me that day that the decision had already been made :-) We had a truly exceptional wedding on September 19th, 2015. I can't tell you how many people have reached out to me to comment on the beauty and uniqueness of our wedding. I can't help but smile from ear to ear and reply, "I KNOW!!!!" The entire experience was like a fairytale. You feel like you own the venue on the day of your wedding, as your family and bridal party are allowed to spend the entire day at the venue in preparation for the ceremony and reception. The intimacy and exclusivity of the venue truly put it above other wedding venues in the Virginia area. Not to mention the food is fresh and delicious, we had a lot of guests tell us they went through the buffet line two or three times because it was THAT good. The catering staff is wonderful, as well as Colleen and Stephanie. After pictures on a hot and humid (in a wedding dress) September day, I rushed upstairs to the bridal suite to have a break from the heat, when unbeknownst to me, Colleen was only a couple steps behind me, helping me sit in front of the fan, then went downstairs to get me a glass of ice water :-) This venue comes highly recommended from a bride and groom who will cherish their fairytale wedding day forever!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

Our daughter and son-in-law were married last weekend at The Mill. Every detail was impeccably covered from the ceremony to the reception. Lisa,the owner and chef, worked with us to prepare an elegant menu. The food was excellent and beautifully presented. Colleen and... Read More Stephanie responded promptly to all our questions and coordinated all the details seamlessly. Our guests were very impressed with the venue,food and service. No one could find a single fault with the day. The Mill is a lovely site which is reserved exclusively for the bridal party and their guests. It makes the day a very intimate celebration.

The perfect venue!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Alyssa B

You have got to pick The Mill at Fine Creek for your wedding venue!!!! It was absolutely perfect in every way! From day 1, the staff was very easy to work with and contact. They answered all of our questions and helped to create the dream wedding that was always in my mind. They... Read More made the wedding planning process so easy and enjoyable. The day of the wedding went without a hitch because of the Mill's coordinators! They helped with all the details so my family and I could sit back and enjoy this special day. The food was beyond our expectations. Lisa is the chef on site and helps to create your dream menu. She uses fresh food from her garden and really puts her heart into her dishes. My husband and I are "foodies" and really enjoyed everything! I cannot tell you enough how beautiful the grounds are. Our guests were so impressed and said this was the best wedding they've ever been to! I have NOTHING bad to say at all about The Mill at Fine Creek! Thank you for everything!!!!!

Flexible and Attentive Staff

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Susie B

I just recently got married at the Mill at Fine Creek. Prior to our event, the staff was very attentive to all of my emails and questions. My husband and I were not from the area so the staff was very accommodating when we were in the area to visit. On our actual wedding day we... Read More had a rain shower start right when the ceremony was supposed to start! The staff was very flexible with switching our ceremony and cocktail time. They were very quick switching the spaces around and were flexible with our event throughout the night. It took a lot of stress of me as a bride to know that things were being taken care of and I could just enjoy the night with my guests. Overall the venue is beautiful, but it is the staff that really makes this place great.

Reviewed on 7/17/2015

I am not the Bride, but rather the mother of the Bride, and my husband and I wanted nothing other than our daughter and soon to be son in law to have the best, most relaxing and memorable day of their lives. The wedding was Sunday, July 5th and it was for us and the whole... Read More wedding party the most relaxing and enjoyable celebration ever. The venue was stunning! We needed no extra flowers or decor because the beauty of the Mill itself was extraordinary. The cottage made for a wonderful place for the groomsmen and groom to get ready. But we ladies enjoyed the Bridal lounge area as we put on our faces and dolled up our hair. From start to finish the employees of the Mill were accommodating and helpful, understanding of all our questions and last minute tweaks. The catering was beyond anything we expected!! They created a fun, yet elegant popcorn bar to facilitate our popcorn and movie theme. The couples' choice of bar-b-que and mac and cheese made me a little nervous because it did not sound like wedding food, but everyone raved about the food. It was delicious! Even with 150 people at the reception, we had plenty of room to move about and enjoy dancing!!!! It was also so nice that the entire venue was exclusively ours for the entire experience! I cannot say enough about The Mill At Fine Creek. I secretly hope my second daughter gets married here too - it was just that special!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Kaitlin M

My wedding at The Mill at Fine Creek was more than I could have ever imagined. It is a truly beautiful venue. There are so many places to take beautiful pictures. Lisa is wonderful to work with, and a true expert! The day of coordinators, Colleen and Stephanie, helped my day run... Read More so smoothly. I did not have to worry about anything other than enjoying the day thanks to them. My guests are still raving about the whole experience, especially the food and beer selection. I would recommend The Mill to any bride looking for an amazing experience at a great value!

Reviewed on 5/30/2015 Peggy W

I have nothing but good things to say about the Mill! The pictures on the website hardly do it justice; it's so incredibly picturesque as-is we didn't even bother with ceremony decorations. The staff is both professional and cordial - we hired Colleen as our day-of coordinator... Read More and the wedding went perfectly smoothly. They respond super quickly to inquiries and have great recommendations even beyond their "preferred vendors" list. You have to use their caterer, but you'd be crazy to want to use any other! The food is to-die-for. In a nutshell: I had the absolute perfect wedding, and I have the Mill at Fine Creek to thank for it!

The Mill At Fine Creek

Reviewed on 11/21/2014 Elysia G

This place is beyond beautiful! If you're going to spend your money on something, let it be this place... They require that you use their catering, but you are allowed to bring in your cake from somewhere else. Having said that, you're going to WANT to use their catering (it's... Read More what they're known for). They take something as simple as breaded chicken and turn it into a piece of heaven! If you want an outdoorsy, nymph-land atmosphere next to a babbling creek, this is your venue!

Classy in Virginia!

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Kia W

We have been searching for the right venue for 2.5 years. We needed to get the "feeling." After a change in destination plans my fiance' & I revisited venues close to home and I will say that we were elated that we did. The Mill at Fine Creek was outstanding from consultation to... Read More reception! The owner, the associates, the communication, the grounds, the inclusions, the exclusivity, the client services and the FOOD!... everything was great and helped us to remember our life time event! We were sad that the evening had to end that was how much we enjoyed The Mill at Fine Creek.

Wedding & Reception

Reviewed on 9/16/2014

This was a day that we will never forget. The venue was beautiful. The people were very helpful and the dinner was beyond words. This is the perfect place for a wedding.

A Magical Moment

Reviewed on 9/02/2014

My daughter, Katlyn was married at The Mill at Fine Creek on August 31,2014. This day was truly a special day and everyone at The Mill worked tirelessly to make it special The Mill at Fine Creek, delivered not only a beautiful setting for Katlyn's wedding, but the staff from... Read More Colleen, Carrie, Stephanie, and last but certainly not least, Lisa the owner of this beautiful place provided such care and detail in helping us prepare, our day was smooth and stress free. The large bridal area was a gem as we were able to relax with refreshments as our hair and make up was done. Our flower girls were able to play in the adjoining children's room in a comfortable setting while waiting for the wedding. Colleen, Carrie and Stephanie were on the spot to answer all of our questions and coordinate the flow of events with such ease we didn't have to worry about anything. The groom's cottage provided a nice retreat for the men in the wedding party to relax, eat lunch and prepare for the big moment. The ceremony itself took place in the ruins of the mill and the setting was beautiful and intimate. After the ceremony, the guests were treated to delicious appetizers of shrimp peroigees, corn fritters, and Lisa's famously delicious ham biscuits as well as a tasty artichoke dip, assorted cheeses and crackers and an assortment of raw vegetables a they waited for Douglas Hinkley of Wendell Powell Studio patiently lead us through the ritual of the post wedding photo shoot. The guests meanwhile were enjoying the food so much which was constantly being served by the wonderful waitstaff they never felt bored or neglected. After the introduction by our DJ, we began our wonderful tasty wedding meal of plated salad followed by great tasting moist chicken piccata, pork tenderloin, roasted potatoes, asparagus,fresh fruit containing strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and nectarines, and a smart flavor- filled vegan friendly pasta, mushroom,roasted peppers, and caramelized onions. I was pleasantly surprised at how Lisa could take a simple menu and through her ability as a chef turn it into an elegant presentation of textures and flavors. Bravo to her! She made our night!. After our meal we spent the evening reacquainting ourselves with our friends who joined us on this special day while listening and sometimes dancing to the music provided by our DJ Dennis Collins, throughout the evening. Guests who chose to partake of the cash bar did so and often stopped by the "Green Screen" set up by our photographer Douglas Hinkley to take some shots with various backgrounds. After the cutting of the wonderful multi- flavored cake, the bouquet and garter toss, Colleen and the staff were instrumental in setting up the Bride and Groom's farewell through a flurry of bubbles and the twinkling of sparklers. The evening was one of a magical moment for the bride and groom as well as the guests who came. We owe the success of our evening in large part to the staff at The Mill at Fine Creek and of course all the vendors we chose to be a part of my daughter's day. Douglas Hinkley of Wendell Powell Studio, Dennis Collins our DJ, our Florist, Mary Henry, the ladies of The Hair Pro, Jennifer Green, Rosemary Scott, and Claudia Gonzalez. Lest we forget, Brian Purcell, our Officiant was so warm and personable it was difficult not to think of him as a family friend. To sum up my daughter's day, it was a huge success, and we warmly thank everyone involved. A true Magical Moment!

The Mill at Fine Creek

Reviewed on 8/31/2014

This venue is top notch. Colleen and her entrée staff were great. You will not find a more beautiful site that is so unique. The food is also amazing. Our guests could not stop raving about the food. Our family will always have the great memories of the special day we spent... Read More there for my daughter's wedding.

A Perfect Day

Reviewed on 8/31/2014

My daughter got married at The Mill on Sunday, August 24th in the Ruins. I cannot begin to describe what an incredible day it was. The venue is beautiful and we had it all to ourselves all day. Many of our guests traveled from afar so of course I wanted it to be warm and... Read More inviting yet intimate all at the same time and it was, I am so pleased with our experience, many said this was the best wedding they had ever been to and I agree. Lisa the owner has to be a magician as she is also the chef, I'm not sure how she does it all, she was so calm and the food was excellent! The staff were great, I didn't have to worry about a thing. Also want to thank Colleen for all of her assistance through out the day!