The Muhammad Ali Center

Louisville, KY

For the Greatest Day in Your Life

Why settle for anything less than the greatest? Pay tribute to the greatest-of-all-time, Muhammad Ali, by hosting your wedding celebration at The Muhammad Ali Center. The architecturally captivating Ali Center offers beautiful river views, modern design, built-in audio/visual capabilities and urban appeal. The Center has over 10,000 square feet of event space for an indoor or outdoor wedding. The following event spaces are options for ceremonies, receptions, rehearsal dinners, and bridal showers on the property: View Pointe Hall, View Pointe Hall North, LeRoy Neiman Gallery, Auditorium, Brown Forman Pavilion, and Main Lobby. One hour of exhibits is included between the ceremony and reception when both are hosted at the Center. *Liability Insurance is Required to have an event*

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Museum

144 N 6th Street, Louisville, KY (502) 992-5324
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Alex L

I can’t say enough good things about the event planning staff at the Muhammad Ali Center, and in particular Morgan Boone. Our daughter recently married at the MAC on a Sunday afternoon. Both the wedding ceremony and the reception were held on the 6th floor. We had a fairly... Read More large wedding, 178 guests, of which roughly 130 were from out-of-town. The bridal couple both live in NYC, so it was up to me as mother-of-the-bride to be the primary contact. Morgan did an excellent job of keeping everyone in the loop with communications, and with project management skills that facilitated in-time decisions that met the needs of all the vendors, from the caterer to the florist to the DJ to the celebrant. Morgan patiently drew numerous floor plans and traffic flows, walked me through the various scenarios involved in moving 178 guests from the ceremony space to the reception space while the caterer completed the set-up. The timing was spot-on and enabled the DJ to keep the guests engaged and the reception moving smoothly. Our guests enjoyed being able to tour the museum prior to the ceremony. The view of the river was mesmerizing. It was a happy wedding, enhanced by the venue and the professionalism of the event staff.

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Leigh Anne A

We received so many compliments on this amazing venue! Our pictures looked amazing with the beautiful backgrounds. Tatum and Morgan were both so helpful in making things smoothly! They had thought of several things we hadn't thought of and made sure everything turned out great!

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Lisa N

The team of Elizabeth Vissing and Morgan Boone helped me make sure my event was spectacular. They succeeded! The venue impressed everyone who came and they loved getting to see the museum as well. I just can’t say enough about how organized and professional this team was. I has... Read More an evening wedding it in November so it was dark the whole time but people loved the view and it added to the whole evening. I felt the price was more than fair and included chairs, dance floor, tables, etc. If I had to plan it all over again this is the first place I would call of all my vendors. I had people coming in from all over the country and this particular venue shows of the great city of Louisville in a stunning way. If you are getting married in Louisville this has to be your spot!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Erin E

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the MAC and everything was absolute perfection. Everyone we worked with was super helpful and quick to respond whenever I had any questions. They sent me several layout examples and offered suggestions for placement of different... Read More things that they had used for past events which made it so easy to see what the space would look like for our reception. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and you can't beat the view! It was perfect for our reception and it's a huge perk for out of town guests that they were able to tour the museum during cocktail hour for free!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Joseph E

Muhammad Ali Center's View Pointe Hall was the location of our breathtaking April wedding reception. My husband and I both fell in love with the space and all that it offers. Our event coordinators: Tatum, Elizabeth & Morgan were outstanding and went above and beyond to assure... Read More every detail was in place. We couldn't be more grateful that we had the opportunity to showcase the venue and museum on our special day. The weather also cooperated beautifully allowing for gorgeous snapshots and gathering on the patios. I would recommend this space to anyone planning a wedding or a special event. The service and location are exceptional. It is a must see for any Louisville native or for travelers passing through.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Melissa S

We had both our Ceremony and Receiption at the Ali Center. We had the best experience overall. They are so attentive and provide a coordinator which is so valuable to make your day run smoothly. The venue was gorgous and provided the most unbelievable backdrop for every... Read More photo. Would recomend to anyone.

MAC Cocktail and Reception

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Melissa R

The whole building has so many windows it really gives a bright, happy, and modern feel. You can choose to allow your guests to explore the museum during cocktail hour! Amazing view of the river and bridges!

Spectacular venue. All in one package

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Amy M

I used the Muhammad Ali Center for a wedding and reception site. This was the perfect place for everything. Floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Ohio River and downtown provided a stunning backdrop for my August wedding. The event coordinators were easy to work with and... Read More had quick response time. We used the View Pointe North room for the ceremony, then the lobby for cocktail hour, then back up to View Pointe Hall for the reception. We used one of the approved caterers and were very satisfied with the results. I strongly recommend you at least schedule a site visit to check out the View Pointe Hall. You will not be disappointed with the view.