Albany & Saratoga's Most Dangerous Dance Band!

New York Players are New York's Dance Party Experts, an entertainment powerhouse with a focus on corporate and private events, nightclubs, concerts and festivals. Our "no cheese" system is simple... exceed our client's vision and keep the dance floor packed all night long!

Instruments

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

5 haydenwood ct, Albany, NY (518) 376-8373

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Akeem T

• Simply put, the New York Players are worth every single penny necessary to secure them for any event, but especially your wedding. We got married 9 days ago and our families are still talking about how epic our wedding was and how the New York Players were the best band they... Read More have ever seen. The New York Players are AWESOME! My wife and I chose the New York Players on reputation alone, as we had never seen them play live but had heard amazing things about them. To say our expectations were exceeded is a tremendous understatement. The New York Players had our dance floor packed and rocking for the entire night, to the point where when they played the last song of the evening and all our guests were chanting, One More Song! One More Song! Throughout the planning process we worked with Mike who helped coordinate all of the information. He was tremendous and really catered to all of our wants and needs. The energy and passion that Mike bought to the planning process was infectious, and my wife and I always left those meetings incredibly happy. The band also learned two special songs for us, both with special meanings to each one our families. One of the highlights of the evening was when these songs came on to the shock of all of our guests and the pure joy that could be felt in the room. I can’t say enough great things about our experience with the New York Players. They were fully engaged throughout our entire event, and really made us feel like the most important people in the world on that day. I would highly recommend the New York Players for anyone’s wedding and I would pay money to see them perform live again.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Jeanine H

Wow! is all I have to say about Body & Soul. I'm not easily impressed and Body & Soul blew me away. They sounded amazing. the videos on line really just didn't even come close. Our guests have all mentioned how great the band was. They had EVERYONE dancing. The saxaphone... Read More player was out on the dance floor for a solo. And the most memorable part- there was a huge storm during the reception and the power went out mid song. Without missing a beat, with no power or lights, the band stuck up and everyone kept right on dancing. Also I should mention they were very professional looking group, with the female lead singer in a gorgeous gown and completely done up make up and the men looking good on stage. And pre-wedding Mike had a few calls to go over all the details including pronunciations of people's names for the introductions. And they learned a few songs just for us. They really know how to be a wedding band.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 krista p

The New York Players were hands down the best part of our wedding, they absolutely killed it. The dance floor was packed all night long, right through the last song. Mike is an absolute pleasure to work with and makes the planning phase super easy and stress free! Everyone is... Read More still talking about how good these guys are. I would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Jessica B

The New York Players were absolutely amazing on our wedding day!! We heard them play multiple times beforehand, and knew that we just had to have them for our big day. They certainly did not disappoint! From the beginning, Mike was so easy to work with...very professional,... Read More helpful, and quick to respond. They provided an extensive song list to choose from, and even allow you to request additional songs that may not be on their list. Our "first dance" song was not on the list we received, but I reached out to Mike and he said "no problem"! They performed an amazing rendition of the song, and we couldn't have been happier. Once the party started, it was right to the dance floor! We have quite a rowdy bunch, all of who love to dance. Not only did they know how to get things going quickly, but there were multiple occasions where a couple of the guys came right onto the dance floor with their instruments - it was AWESOME!! They kept the party going all night, and I don't think there was a second where someone wasn't dancing. I can't thank them enough for a job well-done! If you chose them for your big day, you definitely won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Lauren S

NY Players were my wedding band this Fall. They kept the party going non-stop. They learned and played my wedding song and the parent dances songs. They played the music we requested during their set breaks. Music is SO IMPORTANT at your wedding...you won't go wrong with... Read More NYP. My guest were talking about them for months after. THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Elizabeth S

The NY Players were absolutely incredible. They made our wedding day perfect. They are worth every penny! Everyone is STILL raving about the music! We can't thank them enough for being so much fun and keeping the party going!!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Megan F

This review is long overdue -- 3+ months later, people continue to rave our wedding and specifically, our band, the NY Players! Music was an essential element of our day as we knew that we wanted the reception to center around fun and dancing. NY Players surpassed every... Read More expectation we had and the testament was packed dance floor from start to finish (even after we extended 30 minutes!). Importantly, you made the groom's dream come true of being a rockstar for the day, and allowing him to accompany you on stage for two songs. You also made planning the music selections a breeze (every bride's dream come true) with your flexible scheduling and bullet-proof recommendations, including our ceremony. NY Players was undoubtedly a major reason that our BIG day was perfect. We are recommending them to all of our friends because we want to be at another one of their weddings! THANK YOU! -Megan (bride)

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Lindsey D

Honestly, we can't say enough amazing things about The New York Players. They are a 10-piece band: 2 male singers, 1 female singer, 2 guitarists, 1 drummer, 1 pianist, and a 3-piece brass section (sax, trumpet & trombone). They provide all their own lighting, sound equipment,... Read More power, etc. Mike Emery, the band leader / drummer, really took the time to get to know us, the style of music we like, and truly made our reception a night to never forget. You'll get a copy of their setlist (which is HUGE) and can highlight the top ~50 songs you want them to play. And they'll even learn a new song just for you if it isn't on their setlist (they learned "Feel It Still" by Portugal The Man less than a week before our wedding)! We haven't stopped receiving compliments from our guests on how great the music and packed the dance floor was all night long. If you're in the upstate NY area, we promise you won't find a more energetic, fun, and downright entertaining band than these guys! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Lindsey D

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Jonny R

We used the Body and Soul team (a few less pieces than the full New York Players group) for our wedding. It was perfect, they were able to keep the dance floor packed for the full time they were up there and people kept raving about them. We had been to other weddings with them... Read More so we knew what we were getting, and each time they were a great show. Coordinating everything with Mike was fantastic, he had regular check-ins leading up to the wedding to make sure they had the latest information about where people need to be and when. They made for great MCs for the night.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Andrew G

Body and Soul rocked my daughter's wedding recently at the Troy Country Club. I hired them for an extra hour because nobody wanted to leave the dancefloor. The band was tight and produced a powerful sound that we all responded to!( we added a trombone to the horn section) I... Read More would not hesitate to hire them again. Their talent made for a memorable reception.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Caitlin M

Just WOW! Mike and The New York Players were the best decision we made about our wedding reception. My husband and I were super picky about finding a band. It was our #1 on our list of reception vendors that we cared about the most. After a few weeks of searching and seeing... Read More other showcases, we met with Mike and were blown away by the talent in his group. Leading up to the wedding, Mike was so professional-scheduling calls and working with us to plan out the night. Being a band manager for years allowed Mike to give us some great advice as well to keep the flow of the night perfect (small things you would never think of)! The band is so talented and can play a wide variety of song/genres. Perfect for our mix guest list of college friends, family, grandparents, etc. Our guests are still complimenting them and raving about how much fun the wedding was. Our only complaint was that the dance floor just wasn't big enough ;) Hire them, just do it!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Andrea L

The New York Players were the highlight of our wedding - our guests have not stopped raving about them! Mike and the band were so professional and easy to work with, and they thought of every detail. As a band they're absolutely outstanding. NY Players are simply the best.... Read More They also know how to read a room! The dance floor was packed the whole night. We are so thankful they were part of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Ariel K

I can't praise this band enough. Not only are they incredibly talented, but working with Mike Emery in the months leading up to our wedding was so seamless. Our friends and family are still telling us how much they loved the band and how much fun they had dancing the night... Read More away.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Shawna H

From the second I got engaged, I had my heart set on having the New York Players as our wedding band. I'd heard them play before and could not imagine having anyone else play my wedding. Mike is an absolute pleasure to work with and could not be more accommodating or... Read More professional, and the band blew everyone at my wedding away. They learned songs for us, had the entire place rocking, and played a perfect mix of music -- and they called me up on stage to sing with them as well! I had people raving to me about them all night, and one girlfriend (who isn't even engaged yet) insisted I introduce her to them so she could tell them they had to play her wedding as well. They seriously made the night into an incredible celebration and dance party, and I could not imagine my wedding without them. It was a dream come true to have them play.

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Ted L

I bring bus trips to Saratoga every year during track season. Last year we heard The New York Players at the Horseshoe Inn (next to the track) and the joint was jumping!. The atmosphere was electric and the dance floor was jammed! I said to myself I want them for my 60th... Read More Birthday Bash at the Saratoga Winery! Emailed Mike, talked to Mike...bing bang boom...done deal! On July 27, we brought 170 people from PA to the Saratoga Winery...and The New York Players blew the lid off the place! You talk about an exciting, exhilarating, ass-kicking good-time! Wow! One hit after another, they just kept pumping them out! My people are still raving over the event! Thank you New York Players for turning my 60th Birthday Bash into one for the ages! This will happen again!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Katie T

Amazing!! Our wedding on August 5th at the Sagamore was a huge hit thanks to this wonderful band! We can't say enough about Mike Emery and the New York Players! They have played two of our family weddings and they always do a fabulous job!! Thank you so much for making our day... Read More perfect and keeping our guests on the dance floor the entire night!! Highly recommend!! Best, The Paces!

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Jennifer K

Mike and the whole group were absolutely outstanding - from our initial conversation to the night of the wedding to the follow up afterwards, we could not have been happier! He was incredibly willing to meet with us, discuss options and helped us make a great decision. He worked... Read More with my then-fiance, now-husband and me to select songs for the key events and was happy to make suggestions where we needed them and let us decide on places we had opinions. The band was fantastic night of - we had to, quite literally, kick people off the dance floor at the end of the night. Two big thumbs up for the NY Players. If you want a band, you can stop looking now - they're amazing!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Marissa V

The New York Players were hands down one of the best parts of our entire wedding weekend!! From the very beginning, Mike was a pleasure to work with, and we knew he would do everything he could to make our day as perfect as possible! We were very particular about our first dance... Read More as we had planned out choreography, and Mike worked with us through multiple phone calls and emails to make sure it went off without a hitch! The entire rest of the night they had the whole party on the dance floor. We received so many comments from guests about how amazing they were - the music was truly the highlight of the night! They certainly delivered on bringing the party to the best wedding ever, and I cannot wait to go see them in action again soon! They are the perfect choice for a wedding band, and you will not regret your decision!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Jackie K

New York Players were the highlight of our wedding! They definitely set the tone with high energy and high quality music. Everyone loved them and the dance floor was jam packed the entire night. In addition, they are definitely organized professionals. Mike was great to work... Read More with incorporating our requests and filling in where we needed. I'd recommend this group for any wedding or event. They are top notch!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Evie C

We were so happy with Body & Soul's performance at our wedding in May. They absolutely killed it and we have received so many compliments from wedding attendees. They stuck to the playlist we gave them for the most part and learned two songs for us that came out beautifully.... Read More Working with Mike was great. I can't say enough about Body and Soul!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017

The music and band members were absolutely fabulous at my son and new daughter's wedding. Wisconsin relatives and friends believe it was the most entertaining reception and dance ever!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Alison T

NY Players absolutely made our wedding the most amazing day ever. They are SO GOOD at what they do, but also very easy to communicate with. After our wedding, our guests raved the most about the band, and we agreed. If you're looking for a great band that gets the energy of the... Read More crowd moving and knows how to rock a wedding- THIS is the one!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017

Amazing band and wonderful people! From the moment the bride and groom took the dance floor, the party never stopped! High energy and exceptional musicality from the vocalists to the musicians. The NY Players made this a night that we will never forget and they were a huge... Read More part in making my daughter's wedding dreams come true.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017

Body & Soul from the New York Players was such a highlight of our wedding. My husband and I are both musicians and, seriously, Body & Soul from the New York Players is the best. Throughout each phase from planning to performing, the New York Players were fun, professional, and... Read More immensely talented. The atmosphere they created was priceless; people continue to rave about them. The dance floor was incredibly energetic and wonderfully populated from start to finish. These guys and gals are beyond worth the investment. We cannot recommend Body & Soul from the New York Players enough- book them!!!