You don't suck, so why should your photos?

We love what we do, we love getting to know your story, and telling your story in a creative way that shows you off because, let's be honest, it's all about you! If you are looking for a dynamic duo who are passionate about what they do and care about the couples they work with, HIT US UP! Visit our website and read more about us! If you are looking for a bargain photographer whose only ideas come from a Pinterest board, we are not the right team for you.

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Tampa Bay and NYC, Tampa, FL (813) 416-0695

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Katie K

Working with Phil and Christa was an absolute dream! For starters, every contact with them is a breeze. They respond promptly and all communication with them is efficient. More than that, they are just so sweet and fun to work with. Guests at our wedding complimented their... Read More professionalism. Our photos were delivered in a timely manner, and to say we are thrilled with them is an understatement. We cherish literally each photo. Neither me nor my husband enjoy being photographed, but the Portos make you feel so instantly comfortable. For an area of wedding planning I was so unsure about beforehand, I am leaving this review to hopefully help some other bride and groom feel confident in choosing the Portos!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Brandi W

We had already booked a photographer but, at the time, they weren't offering both photo and video together so they sent us a few recommendations. After reviewing both photos and videos to try and get a sense of their style, and meeting Phil and Christa in person we decided to... Read More hire them for videography for our wedding. The day was filled with so much emotion, both my husband I couldn't stop smiling but they also made sure we were laughing too. Phil and Christa are such fun and nice people, it was really great to have them be a part of our wedding day! Two days after we got back from our honeymoon and just under 4 weeks after our wedding, I got a text from Phil that we had an email. I checked it and they had finished our wedding video 4 1/2 weeks early! I wasn't even checking for anything from them because it was so early. My husband (who was worried about hearing his voice!) and I sat together and watched our video and we were just blown away by how amazing it was! Every little detail of our day was captured and it was all put together just perfectly! We were a little unsure of whether we needed video of our day but didn't want to regret not doing so. It was definitely worth every penny! I've watched our video multiple times already and am so happy that we have this to watch in the future.

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Taylor M

Phil & Christa are so amazing that it’s truly difficult to put it into words. We absolutely loved working with them on our wedding day and the days leading up to it. They were incredibly kind and patient with us throughout the entire process. We planned our wedding in about 3... Read More months, so they even brought up things we hadn’t thought of yet. We are honestly so grateful to have had Phil and Christa shoot our wedding. It’s hard to top these two; they seriously went above and beyond. They were so genuine and a lot of fun to work with, and they truly captured our wedding and the joy we felt on this day so beautifully. We are so thrilled with the outcome of our photos and our parents can’t stop talking about how incredible they turned out!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Jordan

Where do I even begin to say how great The Portos were. As a couple of introverts, my fiancé and I were nervous about taking engagement photos. I've had bad experiences with photographers before where you get barely any direction and you just end up standing their awkwardly... Read More for too long. This was the exact opposite of that. Phil made us feel completely comfortable during the shoot, and even encouraged our laughing and giggling (which we do a lot). The poses weren't stale/forced looking, and our photos turned out so organic! I couldn't be more happy with my photos, because they truly express our personalities through the lens. If you're on the fence on booking these guys, don't be. Book and you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Kristen R

The Portos are simply amazing. We knew our photos would be wonderful because we’ve seen so much of their work. It was the above and beyond that surprised us. Our day was so comfortable and such a blast thanks to them. They’re so dedicated to making sure things run smoothly and... Read More always making you laugh and feel special.

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Mary-Elizabeth F

Phil and Christa took such good care of us on our wedding day, they felt like family. We felt so comfortable with them, Phil even helped the groom tie his bow tie when his nerves were getting the best of him.They played a key role in making our day so magical. They both have a... Read More great eye, got there early and even extended their stay for us just to make sure we got all the shots we wanted. We knew we would get beautiful pictures after seeing our engagements photos but they gave us much more than that on our wedding day. We have family memories to cherish forever now. Thank you Phil and Christa for going above and beyond for us, words cannot describe how blessed we were to have you both as our photographers.

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Melissa V

Originally my husband and myself were told about a photographer that my husband friend used for their wedding and she was great. Turned out she was not available for out wedding date BUT she was able to refer us to many other photographers to do our wedding. Once we saw The... Read More Portos website we were amazed at their work and definitely wanted to know more. To be honest I was a little weirded out when just to set up an appointment they wanted to know A LOT about how we met and about our lives period. I was not quite used to that because everyone else we met with got straight to the money part. Once we actually met them I then understood why they asked all those questions. It was very important to them to get to know us and get comfortable because they will be taking video/pictures of us all day on our special day. I absolutely loved that about them. In our first meeting it was like my husband and myself were talking in the mirror because of how alike we all were. It was a little scary but cool lol Right then and there we knew that we NEEDED The Portos to be our photographers. Even after the first meeting they were easily reachable and keep in touch often about our special day. The day of our wedding couldn't have gone better for us with the help of the The Portos being there for us for all of our needs for our photos and video. They were very attentive to everything going on and made sure it was perfect for us. We could not be anymore please with the product that we received from all of the hard work they put in to make our day the best it could ever be. Anyone would be lucky to use The Portos in the future for any type of photography and videography.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Samantha G

Ernie and krista were amazing! The photos were exactly what we wanted and they made the whole experience so much more relaxing and fun for us and our guests!

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Molly G

We could not have been happier with our decision to hire the Portos for our wedding! They are so friendly and genuine and made us feel 100% comfortable throughout the entire process! The pictures are amazing and so are they! Thank you for making our wedding day so special! We... Read More will cherish the pictures forever! <3

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Milvia M

My husband and I had already settled on another photographer for our wedding. However, a few months prior to our ceremony, we were at a wedding The Portos happened to be shooting. At the reception they had an iPad displaying some photos already edited from the ceremony and we... Read More were blown away. We immediately knew we wanted the Portos to shoot our wedding. From our first conversation with Phil and Christa they went above and beyond to exceed our expectations and were there to answer any questions leading up to our big day. They work with you to make sure everything you’d like in photos is captured, including the moments you haven’t even thought about. The location for our ceremony was an outdoor venue and as soon as the ceremony was over, it started pouring rain. The Portos remained calm even though they could tell we were both upset and were able to get us photos we are thrilled with. Even still, Phil and Christa offered to schedule a re-shoot the following day if we were up for getting re-dressed in our wedding day attire. We took them up on it and as luck would have it, it ended up storming even worse. Not giving up and wanting to have some fun, Phil drove us around looking for different spots to take photos. Ultimately we ended up embracing the storm and danced in the rain. Phil’s gear could have been damaged but he was more worried about getting us photos and memories we’d have for the rest of our lives. By the end of the night all of us were drenched but had big smiles on our faces. Phil and Christa are not just great photographers but are extraordinary people. We couldn’t be happier about our beautiful photos, I can’t imagine having gone with anyone else. We highly recommend you book this dynamic duo, because, who are we kidding, no one will be able to do a better job than The Portos ;)

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Megan A

The Portos are everything you want in a photographer and more. Not only are they talented and creative, they are charismatic, caring and driven. They did our engagement and wedding photography, I am in love with all of our photos and am in love with them as humans!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Michelle K

I'm just going to say it: the Portos are the real deal. We were first drawn to their artistic style, knowing they could capture the look we were going for with our wedding. But once we met over Skype, the four of us just clicked and we knew they were our people. Phil and Christa... Read More made us feel comfortable and at ease (along with all of our guests, who kept asking us "Where did you find your photographers? They're awesome!"). They were professional, responsive, and easy to work with throughout the entire process of planning, contracts, engagement shoot, day-of scheduling, and the big day. We would hire them again and again -- and you should, too.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Samm M

My husband and I were so nervous about picking our photographer because we get nervous in front of a camera. After speaking to Phil on the phone, I immediately called my husband (fiance) and told him I found our photographers! All it took was one phone call to know how amazing... Read More of people they are and that capturing the most important day of peoples life is their passion. Our engagement and wedding photos are beyond amazing and will bring my husband and I back to the best day of our lives again and again. Thank you so so so so so much for being there on our wedding day! We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Joshua G

It is hard to put into words how incredible The Portos are. Phil and Christa did the unimaginable for me and my wife. Somehow, they were able to not only photograph the most amazing day of our lives, but they captured the joy of our wedding. They took the energy of the day, of... Read More the most special moment of our life together, and gave that to us to have forever. Phil and Christa are some of the sweetest people. They are professional, but at the same time, so amazingly relatable. It felt like they were part of the wedding party, not just photographing the wedding party. They helped us with finding wedding vendors, and then even helped us with the random little things on the day of the wedding. They weren't just photographers, they were part of our wedding. And on top of all of the amazing things about Phil and Christa, our wedding pictures are the most beautiful pictures we have ever seen. We have people constantly complimenting us on them and telling us how wonderful the pictures are. The photos truly do represent how perfect the day was. If you are still looking for a photographer, look no further.

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Lizzy D

-TIMELY & ORGANIZED... What would I do without the Portos. My husband and I were on a tight budget and of course that means DIY wedding planner... However, who wants to deal with a timeline the day of their wedding? The Portos did an incredible job (which really isn't their job)... Read More of laying out the day in an organized fashion. We progressed from one thing to the next and it was so fluid! They didn't miss a beat from capturing my sweet nieces jammin' out to Fergie, my bridesmaids getting weird dancing, my silly faces, and my sweet groom getting "so fresh and so clean"... They got it all. I wasn't having to tell them, "hey catch this" or, "don't forget this is next," rather they were directing the crowd and the fun in the most relaxed way. -CREATIVE, REALISTIC & VISIONARY... I'm not so wonderful at posed pictures, but to capture a tender moment between my groom and I was a piece of (wedding) cake for Phil and Christa. Both of them worked together to communicate to us about where to walk, what to do, and even slid some encouragement our way to enjoy the day and RELAX, after all it's the BIG DAY. The whole entire day it poured. Yes, it was the middle of July in sunny south Florida and yes, it was am outside wedding. Did that stop the Potos from bringing their "thunder and lightning"? Hec nah. They used the sun (when it was peeking through the clouds) and they used the storm to create images that nailed our day. They didn't care about a few sprinkles and sure didn't complain one bit. Yes, our wedding was moved in 5 min before the ceremony... And it was beautiful, I'm so thankful I was able to put full confidence in Phil and Christa and their work! -ELEGANT & GRACEFUL... They take their job seriously. Each photo was breathtaking. I'm so thankful that the Portos were patient with me while I was in my last semester of college and planning a wedding, so supportive during the storm all afternoon and evening on the wedding day, and so stylish when it comes to seizing the little moments and big moments, the emotions, the people, and the JOY! I honestly wish I lived in Tampa just so I could hang with them all the time. Phil and Christa are filled with hope, love, and passion... It's contagious!!! Let them blow you away!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Tenzin N

We absolutely loved working with The Portos (Phil & Christa)! Not only are their work amazing, they themselves are an amazing people to work with. Finding the right photographer and videographer can be a stressful task for any bride. I knew we were in good hands when they wanted... Read More to get to know us first! We loved the way they interacted with us throughout the wedding. The Portos captures emotion at its purest and most candid moments. The Portos definitely helped make our day feel special, and we're so incredibly happy with our choice of using The Portos as our photographer and videographer to capture one of the most important days of our lives. We highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Zac/ Shannon O

I was the classic bride that waited too long to plan. In my defense, I worked with 20-30 brides weekly, and by the time I got home I was "wedding-ed out". I was desperately trying to find a photographer in our budget that would customize a package for us, because I really did... Read More not think we needed much from a photographer. A co-worker at the time told me about Phil Portos, and showed me some of his pictures. I think the best way to describe that moment, was that I wanted to jump into every picture I saw. I filled out the form, but noticed they had no pricing or packages listed online like the other photographers. Almost immediately, like literally within 20 minutes, he responded to me via email and wanted to set up a time for him to meet Zac and I. I remember him saying specifically, be honest about your budget, I promise we can work something out. It was then that I also found out he works with his wife....um cute right? Meeting with their potential couples, out of office, is probably one of the smartest and most genuine thing they do. They truly want to get to know you, and your love story, and what you are all about. On top of it, Phil wanted to share his story and where his journey has brought him. He and his wife truly knows that personalities matter, and he does not just do this for the money. He showed us his passion for what they do, and really led us to believe in the value of him, and photos in general. We worked out a package for Zac and I, and literally scheduled our engagement shoot the next week. We got 5 pictures that same night, which were BREATHTAKING, and I still get compliments on them to this day. It made walking into our wedding day so confident that Phil and Christa knew us, cared about us, and were obviously going to make everyone look good!! #oneofourbestdecisions

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Nicole W

Phil and Christa are some of the most genuine people we have met in the industry. They take time to build a relationship with you in order to understand your personality and values in life. They use that inspiration to take photos that communicate who you are to the world in a... Read More very authentic way. Our engagement photos were a true depiction of our personalities. Through our photos you can understand our love for each other and how happy we are together. They are extremely reliable, have great follow up skills and most importantly are hilarious to work with and very interesting people. I thank the two of them for the level of care they put into showing the world who we are and I feel extremely grateful to have been referred to them. We have 6 months left until our wedding and I can rest assured that we are in great hands moving forward for our wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Brooke D

Our wedding wouldn't have been as incredible as it was without The Portos! They did an outstanding job! We love every single one of the pictures they gave us (A LOT OF PICS)! They made sure they captured everything and everyone in our family. Every moment has so much meaning and... Read More these guys get it! The energy they bring is key in moments like these! They're super nice, funny, and creative. They are very professional and the final product will leave you breathless! We are forever thankful for The Portos for being a huge part of our wedding!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Joy J

If I could give the Portos all of the stars in the universe, I absolutely would. My wedding coordinator at Runway Events suggested this dynamic duo to my husband and I and when we had our first meeting with Phil and Christa, we were blown away, not only by their commitment to... Read More professionalism and their portfolio but by their cool demeanor and personal relationship. The Portos shot our amazing engagement photos and we opted for photo and video of our Big Day and the Portos delivered the perfect mix of classic formal meets a modern edge without being stuffy, forced or gimicky. My husband and I and our families could't be more elated with the results.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Grace L

The Portos are fantastic! Above and beyond all expectations! From our initial sit-down meeting, to our engagement shoot, and entire wedding day, we felt genuinely taken care of. Phil and Christa are relatable in personality, extremely kind, and so generous with ideas,... Read More suggestions, and wisdom from being pros in the wedding industry. We didn't worry for a moment about how our final product would end up, there was no reason to. This duo Is trustworthy and we knew we were in good (very talented) hands. The Porto's level of expertise allowed my husband and I (and our guests and family) to be relaxed, fully present, and truly enjoy our wedding experience to the fullest! Phil and Christa were also extremely helpful providing excellent suggestions for other vendors to book for our event. Our wedding planner and catering company were both suggested by the Portos and we couldn't have been happier with these services as well. If you're new to planning a wedding like we were, relax and choose The Portos!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Christin T

My husband and I met the Portos about a month before our wedding and we fell in love with their personalities and their creativity. Luckily for us they were available for our wedding. Throughout the month they checked in on us to see how we were doing (which I think was very... Read More thoughtful). 2 days before our wedding we had to change venue due to weather. I was freaking out, but Phil help me pull off a beautiful wedding with the help of a wedding planner he was able to get me in touch with. The Portos didn't have to help me, their job is photos, but really they are so much more then that. They are there if you need anything and would gladly help with whatever they can. They literally saved my wedding and I couldn't be more grateful for that. They had our photos done in 3 weeks, over 400 photos (no limit on how many you can get)! The photos turned out beautiful, our wedding story can be told through them. They made us laugh and have a lot of fun taking them, which made them turn out even better and more sincere then any posed photo. Seriously, if you choose the Portos you will not regret it. Best photographers (and people) I have ever met!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

I don't even know where to begin! After finding out that some of our dear friends who I had always dreamt of shooting my wedding were already booked the same day as our wedding, I'm not going to lie I was bummed. BUT..after getting in touch with The Portos from our very first... Read More meeting I had FULL confidence and trust in them. We hit it off from day one! They were so fun it didn't even feel like a meeting. We were looking for not just a great photographer, although that is super important, we were looking for people that could really capture us and that we would feel comfortable around so that could happen. Phil and Christa were so great at making us feel comfortable, took time to get to know us and who we really are, and what we wanted. That meant SO much to me. For The Portos your not just another wedding to them, they invest in you, check on you, take time to get to know you and make sure that your dream wedding is achieved. They are there with you not just the day of the wedding but During the planning as well. I was expecting my photos at least 6 weeks after the wedding (that is typical with all the editing) and I received my photos 3 weeks early!!! That made my heart so happy and shows just how much they care! I know it was a lot of extra work to turn them around so quick. The moment I saw my photos I CRIED. They were so beautiful and everything I could want. The Portos attention to detail is amazing! They got every single detail of my wedding! And that was without me even saying anything to them. They get it, and because they take the time to invest and get to know their couples they know what's important to you. The Portos far exceeded my expectations!! And trust me I set high expectations. I'm so thankful for them. Phil and Christa are the dyanmic duo. I would HIGHLY recommend them over and over again. Your wedding is such a special day and one of the only things you have to remember it is the photos! Put your trust and confidence in The Portos. You will not be disappointed I promise.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016

There aren't enough great things to say about Phil and Christa. My husband is a videographer/photographer, so naturally it was his job to pick the photographer for our wedding. I was terrified that we weren't going to find anybody that would pass his test, until we found the... Read More Portos! From the moment we met them for coffee, we knew that it was a perfect match. Not only were Phil and Christa our engagement and wedding photographers, but we now consider them friends (they're some of the coolest people you'll ever meet). After learning about my husband and I, the Portos were able to nail the style of photos that we were going for, and we truly feel that we got the best engagement/wedding photos ever. Everybody who sees our wedding pictures asks us who took them. We will never recommend anybody else for photography, as we honestly feel that they're some of the best out there! (The only reason we haven't mentioned video is because we did not get video of our wedding. With this being said, we would have absolutely gone with the Portos for a wedding video if we had decided to go that route). Also, we can't finish this review without giving a shoutout to Ernie, who was shooting with the Portos on the day of our wedding. He was great to work with, and also a great addition to the excellent/hilarious team of Phil and Christa!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Alyssa O

The Portos are amazing, actually that's an understatement. To have photographers that not only work with your budget but also make time to get to know you and not just show up on your wedding day to get paid, you tell me someone else who would do that? Phil and Christa are... Read More giving of their time and resources, it goes beyond the business relationship. They made our day fun and exciting. They made it light hearted and captured THE MOST AMAZING PHOTOS IVE EVER SEEN. So hire them, they're the bees knees. Love you guys

Phil + Christa

Hello, we are the Portos! We are a God loving, cocktail drinking, tattooed, husband and wife tag-team. Christa is the introverted yet sarcastic, book loving, wine enthusiast half of the team. Phil is the hip-hop loving, bourbon sipping, dance at your reception half of the team. We want to be more than just another vendor because, to us, you are not just &quot;another client.&quot; We want to get to know you and use our passion for photo &amp; video to help capture your wedding! Reach out to us and let&#39;s connect over coffee or a cocktail.