You don't suck, so why should your photos?

We love what we do, we love getting to know your story, and telling your story in a creative way that shows you off because, let's be honest, it's all about you! If you are looking for a dynamic duo who are passionate about what they do and care about the couples they work with, HIT US UP! Visit our website and read more about us! If you are looking for a bargain photographer whose only ideas come from a Pinterest board, we are not the right team for you.

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

Tampa Bay and NYC, Tampa, FL (813) 416-0695

Reviewed on 2/15/2018 Serra P

The Portos were an absolute pleasure to work with and we can not feel more fortunate we chose them and their team to capture our wedding day. Not only were our photos delivered early, but the entire process from start to finish went incredibly smooth. Christa, Phil, and their... Read More team genuinely care about their couples and take pleasure in getting to know you. They communicate quickly and they want to help in any way they can and provide you amazing tips to capture the BEST photos. Hands down, choosing The Portos was the BEST decision we could have made!

Reviewed on 2/05/2018 Victoria M

When the videographer we hired was unable to edit our video, the Portos were able to do it and the finished product was far beyond what we could have ever imagined. Things I didn't even know I wanted, they delivered! They are so talented, efficient, and great to work with!

Reviewed on 1/26/2018 Sara K

WOW. First things first...we got our photo delivery earlier than expected (5 weeks early to be exact) :) The Portos were the best decision we made for our wedding and were worth every penny. Phil was amazing from the start and we immediately clicked from our first coffee... Read More meeting! We were skeptical of doing a first look but Phil helped us realize it was the right choice for us. It’s important to note that Phil made us feel 100% comfortable in our own skin during our first look and wedding party photos. Our wedding was unique in that we had a very tight timeline with our first look, sunset early, wedding time, large wedding party, long reception, etc. and Phil was able to work with it all! The Portos were there for us throughout our entire planning process to answer any questions we had along the way and provide guidance when needed. My favorite photos are the raw and emotional moments that were captured by Phil and his team. We will definitely be recommending them to all of our engaged friends :)

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 William K

I can't say enough about Phil! The incredible photos are just one small part of the experience we had with him. He arrived early to scope out places for to take unique photos that captured the charm of the area and not just where the actual ceremony was. He also made the... Read More experience super easy and made it fun too. I was still in a bit of shock because it was my own wedding but Phil help my bride and I through the process and we now have memories and photos that will last a lifetime. I recommend booking them with my highest enthusiasm. You. Will. Not. Regret. It! :)

Reviewed on 12/25/2017 Jenna M

The Portos are amazing at what they do! They take great pride in their work and it shows. Phil and his team were so genuine and knowledgeable. My venue and event time posed a challenge (rooftop, sunset, dim lighting) and they were able to work with it and my photos turned out... Read More like something straight from a magazine. I paid a bit more than I originally budgeted for… I do NOT regret it one bit, it was worth every penny and then some. I have 400+ photos from my event, and all of them are stunning. I was so worried about not looking like a bride as I didn’t lose as much weight as I had planned, I was mainly worried about the photos but all of the photos turned out amazing. Phil maintained communication from the moment I contacted him until photo delivery, he was always there to make suggestions, offer advice or just to answer some questions. I cannot recommend Phil and his team enough! If you want amazing, breath taking pictures, this is the team for you!

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Jessie T

Phil and Christa were the first vendor we went with for our wedding and they are amazing humans. We were still in grad school and knew that amazing pictures were the most important thing for us and they are totally worth it. They would always respond quickly to our questions and... Read More were on board with our vision from the start (Wes Anderson vintage and they didn’t think we were weirdos). Guests at our wedding said Phil was one of the nicest people and kept saying how amazing our photographers were. I am so so so excited to see our wedding pictures and know, after seeing three, that I’ll love them. I think if you’re on the fence about hiring these awesome folks you should definitely go for it—you won’t regret it.

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Ashley O

We connected with the Porto’s early this year for our wedding October 7th, 2017. We instantly hit it off with the personable, outgoing duo. One of their photographers and his wife shot our engagement photos in February. Our engagement session was easy, fun, and most importantly... Read More our photos were perfect. Unfortunately, they were already book for a wedding our same weekend, but Phil and Christa offered to fly their New York Photographer, John, down for our wedding. We had the pleasure of talking to John on the phone several times before our wedding, and met him in person the day of. John and his second shooter made us and our families comfortable, and it was like they weren’t even there. Their creativity, resourcefulness, and great senses of humor made it an easy going day and even that much more perfect. In addition, The Porto’s initially estimated approximately 6-8 weeks for the editing of our photos. We were pleasantly surprised when we received our edited album 4.5 weeks early. The pictures were everything we wished for and more. We would definitely recommend their services to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Chelsea H

Phil and his team are great to work with, and their photos are fantastic! I love when they are working on an event with us, because we know that the product and professionalism is top notch. Their unique style of images, and their attention to detail does not go unnoticed! I... Read More highly recommend them for any couple looking for gorgeous, and FUN photo sessions.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Meghan W

Phil and Christa were amazing!! The photography for our wedding was really important to us, and we did not want the classic, cookie cutter photos. We really wanted someone who would be able to capture our relationship in an artistic yet spontaneous way, and that's exactly what... Read More the Portos did. Starting with our engagement shoot, they took the time to really get to know us as a couple and make us feel comfortable in front of the camera. They made us feel as if we were taking photos with friends and not a hired team. On our wedding day, they helped us de-stress and remember that this day was really about us and our marriage. They were very organized, made sure I got all my requested shots, and even scoped out our location before the wedding to get some amazing street photos during our bridal shoot. We spent a lot of time researching photographers and I am so happy we went with the Portos. Their photos truly came out spectacular and they helped make our day run as smoothly as possible!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Cassandra F

We are overjoyed with how our photos turned out for our wedding. The Portos made the process so easy and made sure we felt comfortable. I had a few friends use them before for their weddings and I instantly feel in love with their style of photography. They are truly talented... Read More and it was money well spent. Thank you both for everything!!! We will cherish these photos forever.

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Michelle W

I really can't emphasize enough how awesome The Portos are. Phil photographed my wedding and he was absolutely amazing from beginning to end. He was always available throughout the planning to answer questions and provide perspective. While he has the experience to run the... Read More experience like a drill sergeant (much appreciated at times when you're trying to herd cattle), he also still makes everything so much fun and NOT AWKWARD. Which was crucial in getting some great, truly candid, shots. And while most photographers can do the couple shots, I must also give a shout out to Phil's editing of the dancing portion of the night. I'm really happy with how they turned out. Way too many photographers I looked at have dancing photos that are reminiscent of those 90s club promo ads - no bueno. My family and bridal party all mentioned how impressed they were with Phil & team; they balanced perfectly being there when you needed but being a fly on the wall otherwise.

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Ariel C

Phil and Christa were so understanding about the multiple dynamics going on at our multicultural wedding. They took amazing photos and great video that helped us remember every moment of our precious day. Throughout the process, they prayed for us, encouraged us and supported... Read More us. We would not have been able to be ourselves in front of any other team of photographers, because no one could have exceeded their roles as photographer and videographer into friends like that did. And to top it all off, we got our photos FIVE weeks early! Can't recommend these two enough!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Lauren G

I wouldn't be as happy with my photos if I choose anyone else! I keep getting compliments about my photos to this day and. The Porto's have an amazing gift not to just capture a good couple or wedding photo but to capture a work of art. When talking with Phil about our... Read More engagement and wedding photos he was extremely accommodating and helped bring forth a vision and made it come alive. There are many photographers I could've chosen in my state to do my photos but nothing amazed me more then the work I've seen by the Porto's. It was all worth it to fly them down twice Through out the process and during the sessions, the Porto's where nothing but genuine, flexible, organized, and so comfortable to work with! The Porto's passion for what they do is what you hope to find in a photographer who is going to capture the most important time of your life. After our engagement shoot which ended late, Phil told us he would edit at least 4 photos to have by the next morning. He was not kidding! At 12:00 am the next morning he sends me four photos! That means After several hours of him working that day plus a two hour drive back to his hotel he was up even later editing photos with an early fight back that same morning. Same went with our wedding photos! We got ours 5 weeks earlier than the time expected. You know why? Because the Porto's love what they do, and are excited about each session just and much as you will. If your looking for photographers that refuses to do the typical traditional wedding photos, but capture moments in the most exquisite way. Then you need the Porto's!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Katie K

Working with Phil and Christa was an absolute dream! For starters, every contact with them is a breeze. They respond promptly and all communication with them is efficient. More than that, they are just so sweet and fun to work with. Guests at our wedding complimented their... Read More professionalism. Our photos were delivered in a timely manner, and to say we are thrilled with them is an understatement. We cherish literally each photo. Neither me nor my husband enjoy being photographed, but the Portos make you feel so instantly comfortable. For an area of wedding planning I was so unsure about beforehand, I am leaving this review to hopefully help some other bride and groom feel confident in choosing the Portos!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Brandi W

We had already booked a photographer but, at the time, they weren't offering both photo and video together so they sent us a few recommendations. After reviewing both photos and videos to try and get a sense of their style, and meeting Phil and Christa in person we decided to... Read More hire them for videography for our wedding. The day was filled with so much emotion, both my husband I couldn't stop smiling but they also made sure we were laughing too. Phil and Christa are such fun and nice people, it was really great to have them be a part of our wedding day! Two days after we got back from our honeymoon and just under 4 weeks after our wedding, I got a text from Phil that we had an email. I checked it and they had finished our wedding video 4 1/2 weeks early! I wasn't even checking for anything from them because it was so early. My husband (who was worried about hearing his voice!) and I sat together and watched our video and we were just blown away by how amazing it was! Every little detail of our day was captured and it was all put together just perfectly! We were a little unsure of whether we needed video of our day but didn't want to regret not doing so. It was definitely worth every penny! I've watched our video multiple times already and am so happy that we have this to watch in the future.

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Taylor M

Phil & Christa are so amazing that it’s truly difficult to put it into words. We absolutely loved working with them on our wedding day and the days leading up to it. They were incredibly kind and patient with us throughout the entire process. We planned our wedding in about 3... Read More months, so they even brought up things we hadn’t thought of yet. We are honestly so grateful to have had Phil and Christa shoot our wedding. It’s hard to top these two; they seriously went above and beyond. They were so genuine and a lot of fun to work with, and they truly captured our wedding and the joy we felt on this day so beautifully. We are so thrilled with the outcome of our photos and our parents can’t stop talking about how incredible they turned out!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Brittany B

Where do I even begin to say how great The Portos were. As a couple of introverts, my fiancé and I were nervous about taking engagement photos. I've had bad experiences with photographers before where you get barely any direction and you just end up standing their awkwardly... Read More for too long. This was the exact opposite of that. Phil made us feel completely comfortable during the shoot, and even encouraged our laughing and giggling (which we do a lot). The poses weren't stale/forced looking, and our photos turned out so organic! I couldn't be more happy with my photos, because they truly express our personalities through the lens. If you're on the fence on booking these guys, don't be. Book and you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Kristen R

The Portos are simply amazing. We knew our photos would be wonderful because we’ve seen so much of their work. It was the above and beyond that surprised us. Our day was so comfortable and such a blast thanks to them. They’re so dedicated to making sure things run smoothly and... Read More always making you laugh and feel special.

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Mary-Elizabeth F

Phil and Christa took such good care of us on our wedding day, they felt like family. We felt so comfortable with them, Phil even helped the groom tie his bow tie when his nerves were getting the best of him.They played a key role in making our day so magical. They both have a... Read More great eye, got there early and even extended their stay for us just to make sure we got all the shots we wanted. We knew we would get beautiful pictures after seeing our engagements photos but they gave us much more than that on our wedding day. We have family memories to cherish forever now. Thank you Phil and Christa for going above and beyond for us, words cannot describe how blessed we were to have you both as our photographers.

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Melissa V

Originally my husband and myself were told about a photographer that my husband friend used for their wedding and she was great. Turned out she was not available for out wedding date BUT she was able to refer us to many other photographers to do our wedding. Once we saw The... Read More Portos website we were amazed at their work and definitely wanted to know more. To be honest I was a little weirded out when just to set up an appointment they wanted to know A LOT about how we met and about our lives period. I was not quite used to that because everyone else we met with got straight to the money part. Once we actually met them I then understood why they asked all those questions. It was very important to them to get to know us and get comfortable because they will be taking video/pictures of us all day on our special day. I absolutely loved that about them. In our first meeting it was like my husband and myself were talking in the mirror because of how alike we all were. It was a little scary but cool lol Right then and there we knew that we NEEDED The Portos to be our photographers. Even after the first meeting they were easily reachable and keep in touch often about our special day. The day of our wedding couldn't have gone better for us with the help of the The Portos being there for us for all of our needs for our photos and video. They were very attentive to everything going on and made sure it was perfect for us. We could not be anymore please with the product that we received from all of the hard work they put in to make our day the best it could ever be. Anyone would be lucky to use The Portos in the future for any type of photography and videography.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Samantha G

Ernie and krista were amazing! The photos were exactly what we wanted and they made the whole experience so much more relaxing and fun for us and our guests!

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Molly G

We could not have been happier with our decision to hire the Portos for our wedding! They are so friendly and genuine and made us feel 100% comfortable throughout the entire process! The pictures are amazing and so are they! Thank you for making our wedding day so special! We... Read More will cherish the pictures forever! <3

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Milvia M

My husband and I had already settled on another photographer for our wedding. However, a few months prior to our ceremony, we were at a wedding The Portos happened to be shooting. At the reception they had an iPad displaying some photos already edited from the ceremony and we... Read More were blown away. We immediately knew we wanted the Portos to shoot our wedding. From our first conversation with Phil and Christa they went above and beyond to exceed our expectations and were there to answer any questions leading up to our big day. They work with you to make sure everything you’d like in photos is captured, including the moments you haven’t even thought about. The location for our ceremony was an outdoor venue and as soon as the ceremony was over, it started pouring rain. The Portos remained calm even though they could tell we were both upset and were able to get us photos we are thrilled with. Even still, Phil and Christa offered to schedule a re-shoot the following day if we were up for getting re-dressed in our wedding day attire. We took them up on it and as luck would have it, it ended up storming even worse. Not giving up and wanting to have some fun, Phil drove us around looking for different spots to take photos. Ultimately we ended up embracing the storm and danced in the rain. Phil’s gear could have been damaged but he was more worried about getting us photos and memories we’d have for the rest of our lives. By the end of the night all of us were drenched but had big smiles on our faces. Phil and Christa are not just great photographers but are extraordinary people. We couldn’t be happier about our beautiful photos, I can’t imagine having gone with anyone else. We highly recommend you book this dynamic duo, because, who are we kidding, no one will be able to do a better job than The Portos ;)

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Megan A

The Portos are everything you want in a photographer and more. Not only are they talented and creative, they are charismatic, caring and driven. They did our engagement and wedding photography, I am in love with all of our photos and am in love with them as humans!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Michelle K

I'm just going to say it: the Portos are the real deal. We were first drawn to their artistic style, knowing they could capture the look we were going for with our wedding. But once we met over Skype, the four of us just clicked and we knew they were our people. Phil and Christa... Read More made us feel comfortable and at ease (along with all of our guests, who kept asking us "Where did you find your photographers? They're awesome!"). They were professional, responsive, and easy to work with throughout the entire process of planning, contracts, engagement shoot, day-of scheduling, and the big day. We would hire them again and again -- and you should, too.

Phil + Christa

Hello, we are the Portos! We are a God loving, cocktail drinking, tattooed, husband and wife tag-team. Christa is the introverted yet sarcastic, book loving, wine enthusiast half of the team. Phil is the hip-hop loving, bourbon sipping, dance at your reception half of the team. We want to be more than just another vendor because, to us, you are not just &quot;another client.&quot; We want to get to know you and use our passion for photo &amp; video to help capture your wedding! Reach out to us and let&#39;s connect over coffee or a cocktail.