The Prop Shop Party Rentals

Serving the Richmond area

Lighting, Chiavari Chairs, Folding Chairs, Chairs, Dance Floor, Dinnerware, Generators, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Lounge Furniture, Dining Tables, Tables, Tents, Rentals + Equipment

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

1512 Belleville Street, Richmond, VA Serving the Richmond area (804) 228-1100

Reviewed on 12/26/2017 Joell D

The Prop Shop was very easy to get in contact with and make an appointment with, and Holly was very pleasant and helpful. They had a fairly good selection of napkin and tablecloth colors, as well as runners and sashes to choose from as well. Why I can't give a glittering review,... Read More however, is their neglect to mention any kind of damage or breakage waiver option. Apparently there should have been an option to get a damage waiver, but they did not even offer that because of the partnership with whom I booked for catering. I had to pay $50 extra for just a few items missing, which was asked of me while I was on my honeymoon, and something I thought was already covered.

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Stephanie M

I would not recommend this company at all. It’s difficult to express how much distaste I have for a company whose business practices are so shady and immoral even if not straight up illegal. First off, don’t trust what they say they offer. What they have listed as rentable items... Read More is not at all indicative of what they actually have. They’ll offer to get the extra items for an outrageous extra charge from another rental company or tell you to get it yourself somewhere else, which we ended up doing. Again, I’m only talking about items they have listed on their website and line cards. The tent we rented was acceptable and I can’t complain about the quality of tables, chairs, etc. But I will complain about them going back on their word about setting up and tearing down the event. Per the initial conversation with Holly, setting up the tables and chairs would be no problem at all. However, after making our payment and with the wedding right around the corner their “policy” suddenly changed. We were told that they didn’t offer set up or take down during their peak times and we’d have to make other arrangements. Luckily, after a discussion with the venue they reluctantly agreed to perform the task they had originally said would be no problem. And finally, the shadiest part of the whole deal. After everything was said and done, while we were on our honeymoon, they sent an email telling us they were missing, 47 knives, 30 some odd linen napkins, some forks and a few plates. We checked with our caterer once we got home and got in touch with the venue, neither of them had seen the missing items. Now, I don’t know about you, but I have no need for 47 additional knives at my house, nor do I need 1, let alone 30, linen napkins. And while I hate to speak for all of our guests, I can’t picture any of them huddling in a corner conspiring to steal these items. After sending us an invoice, they charged our debit card over $500 without notification or permission. That is just a shady business practice. I urge you to stay away from this company. There are too many other rental companies in Richmond that hopefully don’t make it a standard practice of lying to and stealing from their clients.

2017-12-01T08:22:18 Response from the vendor

The Prop Shop Party Rentals has been a leading provider of special event rental equipment to the greater central Virginia region for over 22 years. During this time we have had the honor to work with countless brides & grooms with their rental needs in... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Johanna V

I worked with Holly at Prop Shop. We rented a tent, tables, chairs, lighting, charger plates, and a dance floor. They did setup and breakdown. They also coordinated with my caterer. I was pleased with all the items they provided and their service. Not the cheapest, but great... Read More value in my opinion!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Christy C

We had to rent chairs since our venue had mismatched chairs. We were able to pick up the chairs and bring them back to get rid of the $100 delivery charge. They were the standard white plastic folding chairs, nothing special but they worked. Some were a little dirty.

Great customer service! Beautiful Wedding Reception!

Reviewed on 5/02/2014 Andrea M

Chardonney at The Prop Shop was always very helpful and answered our questions promptly. She set up an appointment for us and pulled out tables and laid tablecloths on them to show us exactly what they would look like. That was great! We changed our minds once we saw the... Read More different combinations and we received a lot of compliments on how beautiful our reception site was! All items we rented (silverware, plates, glasses, tables, chairs and tent) were of great quality. We couldn’t be happier with the final result.

Reviewed on 5/09/2012 Heather M

They didn't have exactly what we wanted in the amounts we wanted but they worked with us and overall, we were most pleased!

Dependable and Professional

Reviewed on 12/31/2011 Holly Jean G

Everything was delivered on time and as we ordered. Price was fair. My only complaint is that they would not pick up on Sunday without charging a hefty fee.

The Best

Reviewed on 11/22/2011 Nicole R

I visited The Prop Shop to rent a couple of things and ended up meeting the best person. The Prop Shop had everything I needed and they also had Patrick. He is by far the best! Patrick worked with me until I was completely satisfied with everything. He was so patient and he... Read More just wanted everything to be perfect for me. I won't go to any other rental place but The Prop Shop.

Great Vendor!

Reviewed on 6/25/2011 Sarah B

We rented a tent, linens, a cake stand, glasses and much more. There was one little hitch with pricing but they not only fixed it but gave us a discount for the trouble. They are HONEST which is something lacking in many places today. Everything was at the venue early and looked... Read More great.

Reviewed on 6/15/2011 Brittany M

Great Service, Reasonable Prices, always willing to set things up and show what different options would look like!

Rushed job

Reviewed on 2/09/2011 sharon m

They did the uplighting with fabric for my dance floor and it was a poorly done job. They had to come back to re-do the morning of wedding.

Flexible and Dependable

Reviewed on 12/30/2010 Lauren L

The Prop Shop was very helpful. They pulled out a table and laid table cloths on it to show me exactly what they would look like. I changed my order 6 times, and they were very flexible and got my new order back to me right away each time.

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 10/31/2010 Sara H

The Prop Shop had by far the best customer service out of all the rental vendors I called, and that's ultimately what sold me on them. Even after booking with them, every time I called, they not only remembered who I was, but they also remembered little details and always asked... Read More questions relevant to our last conversation- all before even having the time to look me up in the computer, so I'm sure it was from memory! They called when they were on their way out to the venue so that I could meet them there, and everything arrived promptly. They even agreed to do 2 separate drop off points for the chairs even though they were running late. The only down side was that some of the strings of lights we had rented were tangled and in the process of untangling they broke some bulbs so we were only able to use 2 out of the 3 100 foot strings. When I mentioned it to The Prop Shop they immediately refunded my money for the string we were unable to use and said had we called on Sat, they would have made sure to get us a new string in time. Yet again, customer service that is above and beyond.

Reviewed on 10/19/2010 Katie M

Everything worked out ok with The Prop Shop in the end, but it was a long and difficult process. Overall, they made me hunt them down to have even basic conversations about the details for my wedding. I had to call multiple times each time I had a question or needed to set a... Read More meeting and had a hard time getting updated invoices/quotes throughout the process. While they were willing to work with my budget, I sometimes felt like they weren't hearing what I was asking for. Luckily, I had a lot of hardworking friends and family on hand the weekend of the wedding, so the Prop Shop's hiccups were relatively easily dealt with. Also, their product selection is kind of slim if you are going for a specific look. I was going for a rustic outdoor look, and had to rent the chairs from another vendor. Overall, I would try another company if I had it to do over again. I would have preferred that the Prop Shop had made me feel like a more valued customer and had paid better attention to the small details.