The Prop Shop Party Rentals

Serving the Richmond area

Lighting, Chiavari Chairs, Folding Chairs, Chairs, Dance Floor, Dinnerware, Generators, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Lounge Furniture, Dining Tables, Tables, Tents, Rentals + Equipment

1512 Belleville Street, Richmond, VA Serving the Richmond area (804) 228-1100

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Johanna V

I worked with Holly at Prop Shop. We rented a tent, tables, chairs, lighting, charger plates, and a dance floor. They did setup and breakdown. They also coordinated with my caterer. I was pleased with all the items they provided and their service. Not the cheapest, but great... Read More value in my opinion!

Chairs

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Christy C

We had to rent chairs since our venue had mismatched chairs. We were able to pick up the chairs and bring them back to get rid of the $100 delivery charge. They were the standard white plastic folding chairs, nothing special but they worked. Some were a little dirty.

Great customer service! Beautiful Wedding Reception!

Reviewed on 5/02/2014 Andrea M

Chardonney at The Prop Shop was always very helpful and answered our questions promptly. She set up an appointment for us and pulled out tables and laid tablecloths on them to show us exactly what they would look like. That was great! We changed our minds once we saw the... Read More different combinations and we received a lot of compliments on how beautiful our reception site was! All items we rented (silverware, plates, glasses, tables, chairs and tent) were of great quality. We couldn’t be happier with the final result.

Good!

Reviewed on 5/09/2012 Heather M

They didn't have exactly what we wanted in the amounts we wanted but they worked with us and overall, we were most pleased!

Dependable and Professional

Reviewed on 12/31/2011 Holly Jean G

Everything was delivered on time and as we ordered. Price was fair. My only complaint is that they would not pick up on Sunday without charging a hefty fee.

The Best

Reviewed on 11/22/2011 Nicole R

I visited The Prop Shop to rent a couple of things and ended up meeting the best person. The Prop Shop had everything I needed and they also had Patrick. He is by far the best! Patrick worked with me until I was completely satisfied with everything. He was so patient and he... Read More just wanted everything to be perfect for me. I won't go to any other rental place but The Prop Shop.

Great Vendor!

Reviewed on 6/25/2011 Sarah B

We rented a tent, linens, a cake stand, glasses and much more. There was one little hitch with pricing but they not only fixed it but gave us a discount for the trouble. They are HONEST which is something lacking in many places today. Everything was at the venue early and looked... Read More great.

Reviewed on 6/15/2011 Brittany M

Great Service, Reasonable Prices, always willing to set things up and show what different options would look like!

Rushed job

Reviewed on 2/09/2011 sharon m

They did the uplighting with fabric for my dance floor and it was a poorly done job. They had to come back to re-do the morning of wedding.

Flexible and Dependable

Reviewed on 12/30/2010 Lauren L

The Prop Shop was very helpful. They pulled out a table and laid table cloths on it to show me exactly what they would look like. I changed my order 6 times, and they were very flexible and got my new order back to me right away each time.

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 10/31/2010 Sara H

The Prop Shop had by far the best customer service out of all the rental vendors I called, and that's ultimately what sold me on them. Even after booking with them, every time I called, they not only remembered who I was, but they also remembered little details and always asked... Read More questions relevant to our last conversation- all before even having the time to look me up in the computer, so I'm sure it was from memory! They called when they were on their way out to the venue so that I could meet them there, and everything arrived promptly. They even agreed to do 2 separate drop off points for the chairs even though they were running late. The only down side was that some of the strings of lights we had rented were tangled and in the process of untangling they broke some bulbs so we were only able to use 2 out of the 3 100 foot strings. When I mentioned it to The Prop Shop they immediately refunded my money for the string we were unable to use and said had we called on Sat, they would have made sure to get us a new string in time. Yet again, customer service that is above and beyond.

Eh.

Reviewed on 10/19/2010 Katie M

Everything worked out ok with The Prop Shop in the end, but it was a long and difficult process. Overall, they made me hunt them down to have even basic conversations about the details for my wedding. I had to call multiple times each time I had a question or needed to set a... Read More meeting and had a hard time getting updated invoices/quotes throughout the process. While they were willing to work with my budget, I sometimes felt like they weren't hearing what I was asking for. Luckily, I had a lot of hardworking friends and family on hand the weekend of the wedding, so the Prop Shop's hiccups were relatively easily dealt with. Also, their product selection is kind of slim if you are going for a specific look. I was going for a rustic outdoor look, and had to rent the chairs from another vendor. Overall, I would try another company if I had it to do over again. I would have preferred that the Prop Shop had made me feel like a more valued customer and had paid better attention to the small details.