Book Your Wedding with The Rainier Club

A BALLROOM IN SEATTLE, WA

The Rainier Club is a private club and social networking community catering to professional couples who want to take elegant refinement to the next level for their wedding ceremony and reception. The Rainier club is a mansion in the downtown business district of Seattle. The staff at The Rainier Club focus on first-class luxury accommodations and giving each guest the VIP treatment.

The club has hosted wedding for over 100 years. The combination of urban vibrancy and Pacific northwest style are merged in gold leafed ceiling, large vintage chandeliers and a storybook grand staircase to make the bridal reveal special and memorable. Whether a couple is looking for a multi-day extravaganza or an intimate elopement, The Rainier Club event coordinators provide the same unprecedented service to each and every guest. With 14 different event spaces that range in capacity from 10 to 500, there is a ideal space available for every couple’s vision.

Some of the larger rooms at the Rainier club include terraces such as the Rainier Room and Kirtland Cutter Room. Hardwood dance floors can be installed over the carpet in any rooms as well. Enjoy the largest fireplace in Seattle in the Rainier Room for romantic ambience.

The Rainier Club event coordinator and chef will be with the happy couple every step of the way through the planning process. The club’s chef prides himself on his preparation of local, responsibly sourced and sustainable fresh food. Specializing in local sea food such as King Salmon and able to accommodate any style of dining including buffet, French service, stations and family style this venue can provide customized catering options.

Although catering and alcohol services must be provided by The Rainier Club, bride and groom are welcome to use any other outside vendors that they would like for cake, photography, entertainment and decor. Decorations must be approved by the event coordinator.

• Your facility fee will also include light and sound, set up, clean up, tables, chairs, linens and dinnerware
  • A bridal suite for the couple is complimentary
  • Host your bridal shower, luncheon, day after brunch and rehearsal dinner at The Rainier Club
  • Rooms can be reserved for guests that are normally exclusive to club members

• Featured as a favorite in Seattle Bride Magazine in 2016
  • An art gallery is featured inside the club
  • A reading room and billiards room provide relaxing activities for the bridal party before preparations begin
  • A state-of-the-art health club and fitness center associated with The Rainier Club offers massage, ideal for a stressed out bride and groom

Style and Sophistication in the Heart of Downtown

The Rainier Club has been hosting brides, grooms and their loved ones for more than a century. The historic clubhouse is one of the most elegant and unrivaled landmark mansions in the Pacific Northwest. Nestled amongst skyscrapers in the heart of downtown Seattle, the storied mansion balances classic beauty and blended contemporary design evident in each of its unique event rooms. Gold-leafed ceilings, immense crystal chandeliers and grand staircases provide you with a feeling of nostalgia for Seattle’s vibrant 1920s past as you and your guests experience exclusive access to the mansion in its entirety. More importantly than the timeless architecture, the Rainier Club is reputed for its unwavering attention-to-detail and commitment to the highest quality of service.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

820 4th Avenue, Seattle, WA (206) 296-6904

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Tarah F

My husband and I were married at the Rainier Club on June 4, 2016 and if we were to do it all again, we would book the Rainier Club again in a heartbeat. After touring venues in downtown Seattle, we knew that the Rainier Club was, hands down, the best venue for us. Old world... Read More charm and elegance won us over initially, but we quickly realized that the staff was superb. Every time we had an interaction with the club or toured the space, my nervousness dissipated and I knew that our special day was in the very best hands. Responses to questions were prompt, requests to see the space again (and again) were always welcomed, and a follow-up taste test of the steak (which we didn’t sample at our original tasting) was generously accommodated. Kristan, the event coordinator at the club, is organized, supportive, and so sweet. She was always a calming presence and a great resource. On our wedding day, everything went off without a hitch! I cannot praise the staff highly enough! A bridesmaid’s dress zipper tore apart and they had the needle and thread to fix it. A bobby pin deep in my up-do was giving me a headache and they had Advil on hand the moment I asked for it. Thank you, Kristan! I was feeling a bit nauseous due to my nerves and my tight dress so the wait staff brought me crackers and water during family photos because they knew the grapes I was eating weren’t going to help the situation. Anna Claire, our head waiter, kindly made sure to let me know when our entrées would be served while we greeted our guests throughout dinner to ensure that we actually sat down and ate. She also discreetly gave me three napkins to cover my dress while I ate our fantastic steak dinner. Thank you, Anna Claire! Did I mention that the food was incredibly delicious?! Hats off to the chef and his team. As a self-proclaimed foodie, I have to say that the food at the Rainier Club is on par with the best restaurants in Seattle. They even made our favorite lobster bisque for our summer wedding! It was a huge hit! The Rainier Club is a stunning venue with impeccable service. My husband and I would recommend the Rainier club to anyone looking to host a top-notch event or wedding. We remember our wedding day fondly and thank everyone at the club for making it a perfect day!

Reviewed on 6/24/2015

From the very start of our planning we knew that we wanted our wedding to be in our hometown of Seattle – downtown, where we met and fell in love. I didn’t want to have to worry about the season or the weather and I wanted a place that was classically elegant and beautiful... Read More enough to stand on its own. I didn’t want to have to piece anything together – I wanted someplace that had it all there with a level of quality that I could count on. For me, this place was The Rainier Club and there really was no other contender on par. I am so grateful we made the decision early on to hold our wedding at The Rainier Club and let everything fall into place from there. It turned out to be the perfect setting; with our guests remarking how much they loved moving from room to room throughout such a historic building in Seattle. The various rooms all have their own character and while the venue has a very intimate, almost homey feel, there is such a variety of atmospheres to enjoy in the same place in the same night. From the very start Amanda made me feel comfortable and taken care of. She is responsive and confident. She felt like a fast friend and I looked forward to each time I got to pop into the club for a meeting. All throughout the planning process she accommodated my now husband and I with all of our wants and needs and I ended up finding myself looking to her to help guide me with a lot of detailed decisions. But I had no idea how much I would come to appreciate her until the day of. The day of the wedding was virtually stress free. I felt as if I was in the perfect hands – white gloved hands at that. The Rainier Club is known for their five start service and to know that you have that on your wedding day from every single person who works there is priceless. Amanda was there around every corner with a calm and poised demeanor to get things done. I can never thank her enough for allowing me to be present and able to experience all of the joyful emotions that ideally one should on the day that they marry. When it comes to class, service and one heck of a party – The Rainier Club cannot be beat. It’s a timeless treasure in our city and I feel privileged to have the best memories of my life there.

What a wonderful location for a wedding!

Reviewed on 12/21/2014 Michi W

We were married at The Rainier Club & what a fabulous location for a wedding! Besides the history & the beauty of the building itself, the best part: We got the whole club all to ourselves! We had the ceremony in the Cutter Room, then moved upstairs to the Heritage Room for... Read More appetizers & cocktails & then back downstairs to the Rainier Room for dessert & dancing. The location was also so convenient for us & our out of town guests, who all stayed downtown & were just a short ride away. It was such a fun & memorable evening! The planning process was made so incredibly smooth by the staff at The Rainier Club. The day of went off w/out a hitch & Tim Lockwood went above & beyond for us! I would recommend holding any kind of event, but especially a wedding, at The Rainier Club w/o any hesitation!

The perfect wedding day

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 sarah h

We had our reception at the Rainier Club. We also used it to get ready during the day and do our first look pictures. Our wedding ceremony was at a church but they helped to plan everything from the moment I woke up until the last guest left. They kept in touch well after the... Read More wedding and even sent us well wishes on our 1 year anniversary. I cannot say enough good things about this place. I would recommend it to anyone. It is worth every penny. The staff worked with me during planning, figuring out exactly what I wanted, and then they put the plan to action. I didn't have to worry about a thing and we truly got to enjoy our reception. We had food and drinks brought to us. Someone was always making sure we were hydrated and fed and they weren't annoying or intrusive. They were organized, thoughtful and professional. Our guests have said over and over again that this was the best reception they have ever been to. We got married well over a year ago and our friends are still talking about it. The Rainier Club literally made our wedding day perfect. I look back on it and wouldn't want anything different. We had about 250 people and I didn't want to do a sit down dinner so they recommended doing several different interactive food stations. Our guests loved it. We had salmon roasting over the large fire, macaroni and cheese station and later in the night s’mores in the big fire place and a gelato station. My husband had wanted a specific type of cupcake that they make in a shop near us and they recreated it in mini form along with my favorite, red velvet. They listened to our requests and also helped us think of ideas. It was nice to have someone guiding us, they are experts! I could go on and on about The Rainier Club. I wish we could do it again!! Thank you to Tim and Todd especially for all of their hard work. We are so grateful and have such fond memories thinking back to it.

Our wedding at the Rainier Club

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Sunny L

Our wedding day at the Rainier Club was perfect. The historic building and it's many rooms are beautiful. The food was great. Their event coordinator was responsive, professional, and a pleasure to deal with. The club's attention to detail in all aspects of the event, not just... Read More some of them, was remarkable. Everyone on the staff, not just the managers, was clearly trying to do an excellent job and make sure that everything went well. It was easy for us to relax and enjoy knowing that they truly had everything covered. Our family and friends enjoyed our wedding just as much as we did. We still get compliments from everyone on our wonderful everything was that day. Just hire a wedding coordinator and get some good music, The Rainier Club will take care of the rest.

A day to remember in a very special place!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Jennifer A

My husband and I held our wedding reception at the Rainier Club, a classic Seattle venue. It was incredibly special to have this whole building to ourselves on our special day, starting with hair and makeup in the late morning, and wrapping up by spending the night in one of the... Read More Rainier Club suites. We enjoyed working with our very patient and professional Rainier Club event planner over the course of about six months to ensure that every detail of our big day was just right. All that planning paid off: execution was flawless! The food was delicious, the A/V worked great for toasts and music, the wine and cocktails were flowing, and the guests moved from room to room according to schedule (more or less). :) Our wedding photos are especially gorgeous, with the Rainier Club setting as our backdrop. I highly recommend this venue. We will cherish our memories there forever.

Meet The Director of Catering

Kristan Sanchez

Kristan has worked in the wedding and catering industry for over 18 years. When she's not executing beautiful weddings at The Rainier Club, she enjoys cooking, traveling wine tasting and spending time with her husband and three kids.