The Ruins at Kellum Valley Farm

Cleveland, GA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Historic Ruins With Ah-Mazing Mountain Views!

We are a Wedding Venue located in the North Georgia Mountains, just an hour from North Atlanta. With ah-mazing mountain views and a rich history, we create enchanting and unique weddings for our couples in a true historical setting.

• Outdoor - Covered

Historic Venue, Mountain, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Kelsey W

As a little girl, I had dreamed of my wedding day. This venue was better than anything I could have dreamed of. I LOVE the venue so much. Once my husband and I tour the property, there was nothing that could compare. The Ruins are beautiful, and offer something different than... Read More the traditional southern barn wedding. The venue offers multiple ceremony sites, plenty of parking, props, linens, catering, cake, a day of coordinator, bar tenders, tons of amazing photo opportunities, and a tent as a plan B for rain. Getting married is stressful enough, and the all inclusiveness of The Ruins made planning a breeze. I cannot explain how amazing the food is. Almost everyone from my wedding has complimented the food. It is by far the best food I have ever had at a wedding. The owner, DeAnne, is quick to get back to you when you have questions. The venue is just incredible, and I am so happy I picked it for my wedding.

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Erin P

What a wonderful experience! My husband and I knew the first time we visited Kellum Valley that it was the perfect place for us to get married! DeAnne was easy to get in touch with whenever I had any questions during the planning process and we came to visit closer to the... Read More wedding day and Joel showed us around the grounds to give us a better handle on our ceremony location. (They have so many ceremony location options!!) They made my wedding day completely worry free! The day of, they did everything! I picked the props I wanted and they made it happen without me saying anything and it was BEAUTIFUL and rustic which was just what we wanted! I used all their recommended vendors and everyone was phenomenal! The catering they provide is so, so good! I have so many compliments from guests about the food! I can't say enough great things about my experience prior to and the day of. The setting and people at Kellum Valley Farm were excellent. I can't recommend them enough!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Morgan G

The Ruins at Kellum Valley Farm is absolutely the most beautiful and special place in the area, and it's beauty is only enhanced by the staff that works there!! My husband and I were able to achieve the wedding of our wildest dreams with the help of the wonderful staff - the... Read More best part was we barely had to purchase decorations because the venue is naturally incredible! DeAnne answered every question (sometimes without being asked) incredibly fast, the caterers went above and beyond, Cynthia makes the tastiest desserts, and Matilda captivated my family/guests and helped the day go by without a single kink!!! They all made us feel so very special and celebrated from the moment we chose the venue until the moment we left as one. I will recommend this place and these people a thousand times with complete confidence!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Amber R

My husband and I got married here on June 17, 2017 and we absolutely loved this venue. DeAnne and her team took such good care of us that we didn't have to worry about anything the day of. DeAnne was very responsive to all our questions and made the process very easy for us.... Read More The venue is absolutely beautiful, not much decorations are needed, and our guests just loved the beautiful farm, ruins, and views. I highly recommend The Ruins at Kellum Valley Farm for any bride and groom who wants a venue that is professional, will support you, beautiful location, and amazing food. Still to this day our guests are raving about the food.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Faith B

My wedding was better than I could have ever imagined thanks to the Ruins at Kellum Valley Farm. They made everything so easy and stress free. Everyone had an amazing time and I still get asked about my venue! I couldn't recommend them enough for your wedding. It was perfect and... Read More all thanks to them

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Rachael T

Kellum was absolutely amazing! Deanne and her staff were fantastic. Everything went off without a hitch. I fully recommend the beautiful ruins!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Kristen Q

Getting married at Kellum Vally was a great experience! As a busy bride to be, they made everything so easy. The venue is beautiful. Especially in the Spring!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Allie A

AMAZING VENUE, the scenery, the staff, the food. Everyone commented so many times on how beautiful and unique this place is. Plenty of parking and lots of cabins around the area to house everyone. It was perfect for our laid back day, we even opted for essentially no decorations... Read More or flowers and no one noticed because the nature around it all is so stunning. Having the venue, food, tables, chairs, cake, linens and decorations all coming from one POC and one source of billing made planning a million times easier. (The chef does GF, and REALLY well!) AND we were able to have our pups right by our side the whole day! Book this place, you will not find a better value or more beautiful location.

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Brittany D

The Ruins at Kellum Valley Farm could not have been any more of a perfect venue. Everyone is so fantastic to work with, especially DeAnne and Joel (the owners). They are the nicest couple and so easy to communicate with, even when I was rapid firing off questions to DeAnne,... Read More which she always answered promptly and in detail. Everyone at the venue is so on top of things and handled everything perfectly and efficiently. The list of vendors they provide was such a huge help and every one of those that we used was great as well. We received so many compliments from guests on everything from how beautiful the venue was to how fantastic the food was to how great our photos turned out with the mountains in the background. You will fall in love with the venue and people as soon as you step foot on the property.

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Amanda H

This venue is the best of the best! My goal in planning my wedding was for it to be stress free for everyone, including my mother. That is exactly what it was. Every detail was covered and handled. My day went off without a hitch! DeAnne is the sweetest person and has such an... Read More easy personality. With this venue you get the most amazing views and scenery in North Georgia, the most unique reception area, the BEST food ever and a stressless wedding!! I wish everyone could have the experience I had!! Highly recommend! Did I mention the pictures?? We have the most beautiful pictures from our wedding because of the scenery. If you go visit, you'll fall in love immediately.

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Chris P

My husband and I got married here this October. We would highly recommend DeAnne and The Ruins at Kellum Valley Farm. They did such an amazing job - DeAnne was always there to answer my 5o million questions and concerns, and they really helped make the ceremony and reception... Read More special and uniquely ours. The ceremony and reception space are absolutely stunning - if you're looking for a unique wedding this is it! The only downside for us was a cold-front came through on our weekend and it was colder than we were hoping - so it is a gamble being all-outside (they do have a back-up tent and did have two heaters). The person who does the cakes is okay, we ordered extra desserts and they didn't come out that great, but the cake itself turned out beautiful on the outside and just as we asked her to make it! We were so happy with how everything turned out for us, it really is a stunning wedding venue with such wonderful people there to help you all the way through the crazy wedding process! We would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Allegra D

Where to start! This place is perfect for a wedding. My husband and I live in California, but we were able to arrange the wedding seamlessly with the help of Deanne and her team. I had always dreamed about getting married out in nature, but did not go into planning knowing a... Read More whole lot about wedding venues. Although my husband is from Atlanta, we got engaged up near the North Georgia Mountains, so I was determined to get married there. After taking a trip around the are, we visited numerous venues in the area (with some being too cramped, not properly suited for a wedding, or just too pricey!). As soon as we took a tour, I knew this was "the one"..A word in favor of getting married in North Georgia-- it is not as overdone as having a wedding in Savannah nor is it full of tourists. We had a lot of family from out of town, and we ended up renting a cabin lodge. The beauty of Asheville, only an hour away from Atlanta. By choosing the ruins, I liked that we had essentially 3 or 4 venues in one-- there were the mountains, the field/barn, the house, and the magnificent ruins. This made for great photo opportunities! Deanne and her team were exceptional throughout the whole process. She answered every email, every question, and helpfully shared her 'rolodex' of vendors she has successfully worked with when asked. On the day of the wedding, the wedding coordinator was great and made my job very stress free. The caterer was fabulous-- he is a great chef and uses organic and local ingredients. We had so many compliments afterwards, with many guests saying that it was the best wedding food they had. Most importantly, we heard rave reviews from our guests, who thoroughly enjoyed the beauty of the venue and the wedding/ceremony/reception itself (which was in part due to the great organization!). It's just a great place to get married, I could not recommend it more.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Lexis G

My husband and I got married this past October and let me tell you, the Kellum Valley Ruins are breath taking. It is perfect for a fall wedding! The leaf color stands out vibrantly among the mountains. The entire experience with DeAnne and her coordinator was phenomenal. From... Read More the first visit to the catering tasting to the final set up. She went above and beyond to make sure my day was special. She even had a multitude of props in her prop room at our disposal. For the most part everything is included (minus flowers, photographer and dj). But Cynthia did more than I could have asked for on my cake. I loved it! Not only was the cake good but the caterer speaks for himself. Everything we tried at the tasting was on point and so was our food on the wedding day. I couldn't have asked for more. You can't go wrong. Thank you DeAnne!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Ashley R

I couldn't imagine our wedding being anywhere else. The Ruins at KVF is a magical setting. Words cannot describe the fairytale this place becomes once the sun sets. The entire process was pretty easy because of the owner DeAnne. She is incredibly sweet, professional, and... Read More helpful. She was so welcoming at every visit, so thorough in every email reply, and just a great person overall. I wish we could have had a little better guidance & communication from our day of coordinator during the rehearsal and wedding day. Perhaps if we could have been in contact with her a few weeks leading up to the wedding to iron out details. We had some different circumstances - I don't see this being necessary for most families, but we could have used the extra guidance. I also wish there was better phone reception. It was impossible to make or receive calls at the venue - which can be seen as a blessing and a curse. Other than those few minor problems, everything was a dream. I'll never forget our wedding day and the kind people at KVF. I would recommend getting married here to anyone looking for a whimsical outdoor wedding and reception. Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Dee J

My daughter was married on 10/22/16 at The Ruins at Kellum Valley. The entire experience from initial visits, tasting, rehearsal, day of and clean up was outstanding and extremely professional; I highly recommend this as a wedding venue because of DeAnne and the gorgeous... Read More setting at The Ruins at Kellum Valley. This is the thank you I sent De Anne: Thank you again for hosting my daughter’s wedding at your amazing property, the ruins are stunning, as is your property; it is truly a spectacular setting. What made the day and the entire 15 month process work though, was your patience, experience and kindness. You and Joel made this stressful, unknown, complex and at times almost overwhelming process manageable. It worked out, just like you said it would. You patiently answered every small question we had, you forgave the tasting time screw up and more over, you were always gracious. Your staff was professional and worked very hard. Every staff person was kind, helpful and quick to assist our needs. Cali expertly ran the long day, each time we spoke she was knowledgable and calm, she really wanted to make the day as stressless as possible and wanted the logistics to run as smoothly as I did. Trey ran a great bar as did the young woman ( unfortunately I have forgotten her name), they kept the drinks flowing, carded questionable patrons and always had a soda ready for me. Trey was also very helpful Sunday morning when we cleaned up our many props and decorations. James’ food was delicious, to a person they have remarked on his delicious lasagna, I know some are scouring the internet for a recipe! Cynthia’s cake was a delight, I gave away sections of the leftover cake to family members today- they were thrilled and enjoyed it more today as they were too full Saturday night! Both the P.... and J..... families thought the wedding at the Ruins at Kellum Valley was a unique experience. Every guest really commented on the natural beauty, history and how smooth the experience was. My comments are undoubtably not the first time you have read such praise, I wanted to thank you though and let you know that I am truly grateful and appreciative for all your efforts on our behalf. Sincerely, Dee J. Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Dee J

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Kimberly G

My husband and I have been married for almost 6 months now and it still is hard for me to put in words how much i absolutely love this place. I will i could relive my wedding again. Everyone always says something always goes wrong at wedding but i can honestly say it was 100%... Read More perfect. DeAnne literally took care of everything. The bridal room was very comfortable and easily accommodated my bridesmaid and family. The ruins was literally straight out of my dreams. If i custom a perfect location to be able to get married this would be it to the T. We had our ceremony in the front of the house facing the mountain view and it was breathtaking. My guest kept telling me it was the most gorgeous wedding they have ever been to. So if you are looking to have a mountain view, southern wedding with people who you can trust to make your wedding a perfection DeAnne and her team at kellum Valley are what you are looking for.

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Charlie T

I got married in May 2016. It is a beautiful breath taking location with an amazing mountain venue! It is unique and that is what my husband and I were looking for. DeAnne, Joel, and staff members were very nice and accommodating! All of our guest talked about how beautiful and... Read More magical the venue was! Highly recommend it!!!!

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 Karla Z

Kellum Valley was the perfect choice for our wedding! We were looking for beautiful scenery in a somewhat unique setting, and Kellum had just that! We looked at 10-15 venues, and knew immediately when we visited Kellum that it was exactly what we were looking for. The grounds... Read More and view are breathtaking, the ruins are unique and DeAnne and Joel were so helpful and very easy to work with. They were very laid back and easygoing, but made sure we got everything we needed. It wasn't stressful, and DeAnne answered any and all of our questions in a very timely manner. The day of the wedding we left the guestbook, our favors and a few other various decorations and the team at Kellum set everything up with very little (if any) direction. All in all, it's the perfect venue if you're looking for a gorgeous, peaceful and unique setting in the mountains. We had guests keep telling us after they had never been to such a unique and charming venue.

Reviewed on 5/09/2016 Mary Ashley T

Words can't describe how truly grateful we are for DeAnne and the rest of her staff! I probably turned into their worst nightmare for them on my wedding day since there was a threat of rain, but I still wanted my vision of everything set up in the ruins. So, naturally, we got... Read More our first dances in and then it started pouring down rain. Every single person working there then moved tables and chairs down from the Ruins into the tent and made sure our night was not ruined by the rain! I don't know how to ever fully show how thankful we are for each person who helped us out on our day. As much as I wish we had perfect weather, it still will be one to remember and we would re-do it at Kellum all over again...even in the rain! Thank you all so much!!

Reviewed on 3/03/2016 Abby S

When my husband re-proposed to me and told me he wanted us to have a real wedding (I had open heart when we got hitched), I knew two things - my photographer and venue. As a wedding photographer myself, I really wanted to work with someone who I knew would hear me and be a... Read More delight to be around. Everything was perfect from the meetings, DeAnne's patience with all my questions, the FOOOOD omg, the decor and the sweet Georgia mountains we rested under. DeAnne and her staff are incredible and you feel like family the minute you meet them. I adore everything about my experience with Kellum Valley and recommend it to anyone getting married. So thankful for these beautiful people and their help in creating my perfect wedding.

Reviewed on 12/04/2015 Becca T

I just got married this October and Kellum Valley Farm made it a truly amazing experience. My husband and I both lived out of state during our engagement which can make planning quite difficult but DeAnne and her staff went above and beyond to help pull everything together and... Read More and were extremely flexible with our schedules. I couldn't have asked for a better venue and can't thank them enough for making our wedding so wonderful. (plus it is absolutely gorgeous!)

Matilda - Day-of Coordinator is 5-Stars!

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 Heather D

Kellum Valley is the perfect rustic, mountain retreat to host any type of wedding year-round. DeAnne and Joel are pleasant to work with. Matilda is the backbone serving as the day-of coordinator. Her lively spirit and passion for weddings truly shows as well as her expertise.... Read More Without Matilda running the show, I couldn't have imagined things going any smoother. I am grateful for Matilda and her team making our wedding day extra special. Keep in mind this venue is semi-all-inclusive and their ability to bend to customizing your event isn't as flexible as I had hoped BUT overall, our day was perfect thanks to the DeAnne, Joel, Matilda, and their staff at Kellum Valley.

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Jennifer t

Kellum Valley is the best place to get married! DeAnne and her staff are amazing and everything went flawlessly! They even let me be a psycho bride and wait until the last min to see if the rain would stop to have my wedding outside!! Everything about this place is beautiful! We... Read More had the best experience and would do it all over again here if we had too!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Betsey A

I can't express how amazing Kellum Valley was. The entire property is gorgeous and would be a great backdrop for any ceremony and reception. DeAnne, Joel, Matilda and the entire staff went above and beyond answering any questions we had leading up to the wedding and the weekend... Read More of they blew us away. The weather was not the best and everyone was so flexible and made the best out of a not ideal situation. Highly recommend this venue if you are looking for a beautiful outdoor space.