The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

5222 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, TX

Biggest regret

Reviewed on 5/27/2014 Kelly D

They were great to work with all up until the wedding weekend. The food was great, however I was not pleased with the security and waiting staff. A few members of the waiting staff made a few of our guests uncomfortable, and even jumped in a few times into our photobooth. The... Read More security missed strangers at the hotel signing in my wedding book and getting in our photobooth, and seemed more concerned about what our guests were doing. I was very disappointed with them. I don't know if I will come back to the hotel after my family and friends experienced with them.

Bachelorette Party Weekend in Galveston

Reviewed on 6/19/2013 Alison V

We hosted my bachelorette party at the San Luis with about 20 girls. I had wanted something outdoors/beach/pooltime so this was perfect as it's so close to Houston. None of us had been here before and were amazed how, at the resort, we felt like we were in another state/country... Read More altogether! THe pool is awesome- views of the beach and palm trees really make you forget your in Galveston. We actually just stayed at the pool most of the time there and it was fabulous! The rooms are pricey- but I think it was worth it for this event. Overall customer service varied. The check-in process was great as they upgraded us to a suite (perfect to host lingerie shower part of weekend), and the valet guys were our favorite!! We were able to use the hotel van to take us out to dinner/out to bars for free and called them when we were ready to be picked up. This was a huge perk and the guys were sooo great! Cons were the service at the pool. My friends rented 2 cabanas (expensive) that held 6 people each. Problem is each cabana only had a few chairs to sunbath in and we weren't allowed to use any others. If you advertise and pay for 6 people, I would assume you would get 6 chairs to sunbathe in. I definitely would NOT get a cabana in the future- total waste of money as we didn't even use it since there wasn't enough seating (outside the covered part). Also, if you go, check your bill!! Almost all of my friends were charged random food/drink/overnight parking that they didn't use. We had to contest our bill multiple times. Also the manager at the pool bar was a bit ridiculous and cut my friends off from drinking one night. Seriously, it was shocking and hilarious. We're older (30s) and know how to hold our liquor- to be told we "had enough" has never happened! lol- especially when nothing crazy was going on and there was no one else even at the bar that night! It was rather annoying and the manager was a real ass about it. He tried to redeem himself by giving us a round of shots- whole experience was strange and definitely not what I expected from a 5-star resort. Overall LOVED the weekend- great little getaway from the city and was so relaxing! I just don't think all of the customer service met the expectations of the price we paid.

Wonderful event!

Reviewed on 12/09/2011 Genevieve L

We had a wonderful experience with the San Luis Resort. Our friends and family can't stop talking about what a great time they had!

We will return!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2011 Arielle H

My (now) sister-in-law booked us a room here not the night of our wedding but the next night as a wedding gift to us and I'll say, that hotel definitely is an honest to God 4 star hotel. It was amazing, luxury like I've definitely never known in my lifetime. I think the room... Read More cost her about $200, maybe more, for the night and we got there at about 2 or 3 and went down to the pool at 4 and stayed there until 2am. The pool is so great! It was a Sunday and they had a really nice swim up bar, so we watched football for a bit and drank, then swam a bit and drank some more lol. Along with the huge and amazing pool, they had a hot tub, water slide, and waterfall - all somehow warm enough for us to swim in until super late during the last week of October. After about 10pm we had the whole place to ourselves and even though the staff left at midnight, we were allowed to stay as long as we wanted. I hadn't felt that relaxed in weeks!! When we finally did get off to bed, the bed was super soft and plushy and the bathroom was gorgeous, ten times nicer than the one in my house. In the morning, we woke to a breathtaking view of the sun rising over the ocean and it just was such a romantic getaway, I'll cherish the memory always. My only qualm with the value was the drinks were crazy expensive and I thought that was a little silly seeing as to how much money they were making off the rooms already and since the quality of the drinks was on level with something you'd get for at least a few bucks cheaper.

My fairytale wedding

Reviewed on 10/19/2011 Sarah L

The San Luis Resort is a wonderful place to share this special moment in your life with family and friends. The resort is beautifully settled on the seawall of Galveston. Staff is friendly, food is great, and the accomadations are very nice.

Beautiful Texas Beach Resort!

Reviewed on 10/12/2011 delaney g

We had both our ceremony and reception at the San Luis, and everything was absolutely perfect! The coordinators and staff were very helpful throughout the whole planning process, and the weekend of the wedding they made us feel like royalty. The resort itself is excellent, and... Read More the pool and bar provided a great place for the party to continue on after we had already left. We were very satisfied with the San Luis and can not have imagined getting married anywhere else!

Very nice

Reviewed on 8/14/2011 julia s

Before the wedding, Michelle Beckwith was great with helping us plan and answering any questions we had! On the day of the wedding, there was a little confusion, but it was resolved and both the ceremony and reception were both beautiful!! The food was delicious and I was... Read More impressed with the service! The room was set up for us just like we wanted and it was also cleaned up for us too. The staff was great!! Very helpful. The only confusion came at the start of the actually ceremony and in between the ceremony and reception, the guests just needed some direction on where to go. Everything turned out great in the end :)

Beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 6/29/2011 Terran K

This was a beautiful venue! We got married in the gazebo outside and then had the reception in a banquet room inside. They seemed to be very organized and willing to work with us on any request we wanted. They had an AWESOME price!!!!!

Fabulous Service

Reviewed on 10/17/2010 Marlene T

The food was fantastic, the service was excellent and the venue was extremely accommodating!

TO The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center