Historic Venue for a Good Cause

The Sanctuary is a vibrant community hub that serves as the cornerstone of Lower Price Hill. Built in 1847, The Sanctuary is the second oldest (standing) former Catholic church in Cincinnati. Today, the space has been fully restored and is operated by Community Matters as a gathering space for celebrations, performances, meetings, weddings, and community events. Proceeds from The Sanctuary support the mission of Community Matters: to create a thriving and more just community by removing barriers to opportunity.

$ – Inexpensive

Historic Venue

Rentals + Equipment

2110 St. Michael St, Cincinnati, OH (513) 244-2214
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 2/12/2018 Lauren R

Venice on Vine Catering has worked with The Sanctuary during several events. The space is easily set up for both buffet style and seated plating.. The staff is available to answer any and all questions prior to and during the event - they are helpful, inventive, accommodating,... Read More and precise! Perhaps most importantly, the Sanctuary ensures customer wants/needs are communicated clearly to the caterers!

2018-02-23T10:18:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lauren & Venice on Vine! We always enjoy working with you all and supporting your mission as well. I look forward to many more events with you all.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Kate M

The Sanctuary was an absolute perfect place for our wedding on August 12. There was plenty of space for our 210 guests and we still had room for a huge dance floor, an awesome DJ, wonderful caterer buffet style, appetizers, and photo booth. The space is wonderful as it used to... Read More be a church transformed into a gorgeous event center and to top it off an event coordinator comes in your wedding package! Consider it the best wedding gift ever! Stella was there to help us every step of the way for planning and setting up the vision and flow of the event and wow the day of was awesome. She was the main contact for our vendors and helped with all the tiny things you may not have thought of....even though we thought we had it covered! We were able to select our vendors and our day could not have been more perfect. Our day was surely special and there are not enough words to express our gratitude and just how perfect this place is!

2018-02-23T10:26:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! You, your husband, and your loved ones were such a joy to work with and get to know. We are so happy that we got to be a part of your special day and celebrate with you!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Pamela M

The Sanctuary is a fabulous event space in a historic building and I fell in love with it the first time I saw it! The reception hall is a ballroom style, with cathedral ceilings, large stained glass windows, and tons of natural light. Perfect for a dramatic, formal, or... Read More classic wedding style. I actually used them for a professional event and it went so well I decided to book my wedding there. Their wedding coordinator Stella is super helpful, thinks of everything, and is easy to get ahold of. They are very affordable yet still provide a high-end service. They also recommended caterers for me and I found one I am happy with. For couples who are paying for their own wedding (like me) and can't break the bank, Sanctuary is a great option. Also, all the funds they take in from events go to fund their programs for the community, which was super important to me as a social worker.

2018-02-23T10:29:58 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you love our space and continue to support us! We are so fortunate we get to know amazing people like you that understand us and want to support our mission. Thank you!

Meet The Manager

Stella L.

A lifelong resident of Cincinnati, I graduated from Miami University (Ohio) with degrees in Psychology and Family Studies. In 2013, I joined our sister organization, Education Matters, as an AmeriCorps member in the College Bridge Program. My heart was won over by the people and places of Lower Price Hill, and became committed to being a part of the community and making others feel welcomed. I started coordinating events for The Sanctuary in 2014. My time here has allowed me to strengthen my innate planning skills and foster my “get-it-done” attitude, which I now uses to manage the Sanctuary.