Book Your Wedding with The Sanford House Inn & Spa

The Sanford House Inn & Spa is a charming bed and breakfast in Arlington, Texas, that offers outdoor wedding ceremonies and receptions. Featuring 12 guest rooms, a private restaurant, an indoor reception space and a 3,000-square-foot, stone courtyard, The Sanford House Inn & Spa is a hidden jewel in the historic section of downtown. The venue offers an outdoor space for ceremonies and receptions with lush trees, flowering bushes and outdoor structures decorated with twinkling lights for exchanging vows. An indoor space provides room for a private, intimate reception.

Grand Courtyard. The most popular space for a wedding and reception, the courtyard is a stone patio with room for up to 200 seated guests. A wedding pavilion with columns is ideal for exchanging vows, while the gazebo and decorated arbor graces the courtyard for stunning photos. The space is easily tented in the event of bad weather. Night weddings are illuminated with hundreds of lights wrapped around the large tree trunks and on all of the outdoor structures.

Renoir Room. With large windows, wood floors and a private bar, the Renoir Room can hold up to 50 guests for an intimate reception. Round wood tables and vaulted ceilings provide plenty of space for guests to mingle. When combined with the use of the connecting patio, the space fits up to 75.

Restaurant506. The private on-site restaurant of The Sanford House Inn & Spa is comprised of three separate rooms. When combined, these rooms comfortably seat 60 guests. Warm wood floors, crystal chandeliers, antique style dining chairs and decor and windows that overlook the property create an elegant ambiance for a small event.

The Sanford House Inn & Spa requires a signed contract and a non-refundable deposit to hold a wedding date. Full payment is due before the event date unless arrangements are made for direct billing, which must be paid within 30 days after the event. Cancellations must be made in writing and any event cancellations within 30 days of the wedding date will require payment in full.

A headcount of guests is expected 30 days before the event date or the venue will use the original estimate of guests when determining charges. Couples can increase the headcount less than 30 days before the event but not decrease it. Additional fees for bar set up in the courtyard is determined by the number of guests and additional bars and servers needed. The venue must provide all alcohol served on the premises. Available bar options include a cash bar or a hosted bar.

• Couples can use the catering menu or work directly with the chef to create a custom wedding day menu
  • All setup including tables, chairs and linens included in the pricing
  • Guests can book rooms at the Sanford House Inn & Spa or buy out blocks of room if available
  • The venue will help schedule spa services the day before the wedding or for guests staying at the inn

World-Class Service with a "Personal Touch"

Our Grand Courtyard provides a beautiful garden setting for weddings and receptions of up to 200 guests. In-house catering is created by the culinary team of restaurant506. Full bar and wine packages. Exquisite guest room accommodations. Private rooms for rehearsal dinners, private dining, bridal showers, and parties up to 50 guests.

• Outdoor - Covered

Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

506 N. Center Street, Arlington, TX (817) 861-2129

Reviewed on 7/27/2016

The Sanford House was the venue my daughter chose for her May wedding. From day one, Krista took care of everything we needed so beautifully! She, along with Lauren, coordinated a beautiful and unforgettable event for my daughter. The outdoor courtyard surrounded with... Read More seasonal flowers and lighted trees is breathtaking! Beautiful outdoor lighting and atmosphere! We had so so many compliments from guest regarding the surroundings. The services the staff provided far surpassed our expectations. We were treated with care at all times by personable staff members. The Sanford House has so much to offer to complete a dream wedding. The Sanford House's own Restaurant 506 was outstanding. The food was delicious and first class and our guests let us know! Our expectations were surpassed in every aspect of the evening. If anyone envisions a dream wedding come true, I cant imagine having such a special event anywhere else! Thank you Sanford House and Restaurant 506 for all that you did to make my daughter's special day so magical and special!

Reviewed on 4/28/2017 Christine M

The Sanford House was the perfect venue for us! The courtyard, staff and entire vibe helped to set the tone for the low key luxe wedding we wanted. The courtyard is lovely. The staff is amazing and the food is delish. This is a hidden gem for sure!

2017-04-29T16:31:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Christine! Your kind comments mean the world to us! It was an absolute pleasure assisting you and Nicholas with the final details. We are humbled that you chose The Sanford House for your big day. Congratulations!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Lisa T

I can not rave enough about the Sanford House. It was the absolutely most fairy tale place to get married. The beautiful house/inn with the lights over the amazing courtyard and in the trees made our ceremony and reception spectacular. I have had so many people tell me that our... Read More wedding was a fairy tale come true. It 100% was. The staff was the best. I love Krista! She was seriously my saving grace. She answered my thousand upon thousands of questions, walked us through the whole process with such ease and peace of mind. She was so sweet and wonderful that it really helped make the planning go by so much better than I could've ever imagined. I never doubted that the Sanford was the place for me to get married. The food was divine and the staff were so friendly and helpful. I have never been/participated in a wedding that went that smooth. I mean nothing, NOTHING went wrong. Everything was a dream come true. They took such good care of me that my wedding was perfect. I already wish I could do our wedding again just because it was so magical and it truly was a fairy tale thanks to the amazing and practical Sanford House. I can't say enough how truly fabulous they were and how stunning the venue was. Everyone at our wedding keeps telling us how beautiful it was. It was just so beautiful and the perfect place to start off a marriage. Loved it. Just simply loved it.

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Cassandra S

Our wedding at The Sanford House took place on December 30, 2017 in the Renoir Room. We had about 50 guests and I cannot say enough about how awesome it turned out! From the beginning, I knew that I wanted something without a lot of fuss. The staff was amazing. They were... Read More always friendly and helpful. Camille McDonald did an awesome job as the event coordinator. Anytime I had questions, she was always very responsive and provided exactly what I needed. The staff the night of the wedding was friendly and attentive to our needs. Since our wedding was right after Christmas, the whole venue was beautifully decorated with Christmas décor therefore; we were able to use their décor as a backdrop to our wedding décor. We booked the Bristol cottage to spend the wedding night as well as used it as a bridal suite prior to the wedding. It worked out very nicely because the Bristol cottage is adjacent to the Renoir Room. The Sanford House provided a list of preferred vendors that we were able to use. The vendors that we used from the list were easy to work with. Everything turned out exactly the way we wanted it!! If you are looking for a small, intimate and romantic setting for your wedding without a lot of stress, The Sanford House is the venue of choice!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Ana M

The staff was wonderful and very friendly! They were always smiling and offering to help in any way possible. We had family staying onsite for the entire weekend and they were more than accommodating by organizing a brunch in the patio and allowing us to take over the place!... Read More Even our guests commented on how beautiful the place looked and how fun and helpful the staff was throughout the night. The entire wedding day went smoothly with a seamless transition from the ceremony to the reception. The place looked gorgeous! Our wedding weekend was better than I could have imagined! We are so grateful for the Sandford House for making our dream wedding come true!! Thank you Camille for checking in on us and just making sure we had everything organized! Thank you to Van the man for transforming the courtyard into a beautiful masterpiece! We are so happy with this venue and staff! I would highly recommend this location to anyone!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Kelly B

On 9/3/2016, my husband and I had our beautiful romantic garden wedding at the Sanford House. Krista was our event coordinator; she was helpful, responsive, professional, flexible, and personable. She kept us informed of upcoming deadlines and payment schedules and was always... Read More eager to answer any of my questions when called/emailed. The grand courtyard’s grounds are clean, quiet, and well-manicured. The blooming flowers, swaying trees, and twinkling string lights create an atmosphere anyone would fall in love with. Krista also allowed us to utilize the courtyard the day before our wedding for the rehearsal. Originally, I wanted to stay in the manor house (Brahms room) the night-before and the night-of the wedding. I wanted to be able to use it to get ready in with my bridesmaids, overlook the courtyard being set up for the wedding, and stay the first night as husband and wife in. Unfortunately, all suites/villas/cottages were booked our wedding weekend due to a football game. Luckily, a month before the wedding, the Verona cottage became available! The cottage turned into my little bridal home for the weekend and I couldn’t have been any happier with the happenstance. The 800-1000 sq ft were much needed when 9+ women were getting ready. I would HIGHLY recommend a bride stay on property. My husband and I have even talked about staying in the Verona cottage again for our anniversary next year. For our wedding reception, we had chosen from their set menu the beef/chicken fajitas, beer, and wine. All of our guests raved over the fajitas. We are still tingling from head to toe in sheer wedding bliss, thanks to the Sanford House and Krista.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Katie b

Everyone at the Sanford house is amazing! We had both our ceremony and reception in the outdoor courtyard. They are so friendly and were ready to do anything to make our day perfect. Such a beautiful venue! We had it tented last minute but it was still gorgeous and everything we... Read More could have asked for. Krista was so great throughout the whole process, from booking the venue to all the many emails with questions and just checking in to see if there was anything we needed. Lauren, our day of coordinator was above and beyond anything we could have hoped for! She kept everyone on time and on track, stayed calm cool and collected the whole time. Thank you!!! Van the man was so awesome in keeping everything clean and set up well. Many many thanks to all the staff who helped make our day perfect!

Reviewed on 4/21/2016 Tam T

Beautiful venue for outdoor wedding and awesome staffs. Krista was our wedding coordinator, and she was great. Beyond my expectations.Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Paige M

Beautiful place... The coordinator and staff are very sketchy. Nice but not so nice... Total service was really bad.

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Samantha M

The Sanford House is an amazing hidden gem in downtown Arlington! It is the perfect place if you are looking for an all inclusive, budget friendly location. The staff was very warm and welcoming to my out of town guests who stayed there. The Chef and food was outstanding!! The... Read More wait staff was extremely accommodating to everyone! It has been 2 weeks since we said "I do" at the Sanford House and we still have friends and family telling us how perfect the location, food and staff were. Every one was very impressed!! Quotes from family and friends: "This wedding is in my Top 5 weddings and the BEST food I have had" -JB "The location couldn't have been more perfect" -SM "I was very impressed with the food and staff. Way to pick the perfect place." -JM I can't wait to celebrate our anniversary at the Sanford House!!

Beautiful garden setting!

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Shelly W

I may be biased cause I work there, but everything was amazing. From the service, to the set up and clean up help offered, to the cake cutting and to how the event coordinator stuck to the itinerary and kept everything flowing smoothly. There was even an uninvited guest who... Read More tried to crash the wedding, and I didn't find out until the day after because the staff handled it with so much care. The staff did a wonderful job to make sure everything ran smoothly. Plus, the setting was absolutely romantic.

Reviewed on 6/01/2013 Jenny J

This venue was everything we were hoping for! Beautiful, intimate and cozy, and very professional. Their food was excellent, and the rooms made the day so relaxed and comfortable for the wedding party.

Great wedding venue!

Reviewed on 4/26/2013 Katherine C

The Sanford House offers a beautiful courtyard for your wedding ceremony and reception. The event coordinator, Alicia, was great! She really made our wedding ceremony and reception seamless. All of my guests loved the venue. We rented out all of the rooms at the Sanford House as... Read More a gift to our wedding party and parents, and everyone raved about the rooms!

Wonderful Garden Setting

Reviewed on 6/29/2010 Sonja A

I used The Sanford House Bed and Breakfast for my June 2009 wedding. Amanda and the staff there were very nice to work with. The day turned out wonderful despite the extreme heat. I was given many helpful suggestions without being pushed into decisions. The courtyard is a... Read More beautiful garden background for a ceremony and a reception. It is a beautiful gem in the center of Arlington!

Meet The Director of Sales

Camille McDonald

The Sanford House Inn & Spa was designed and constructed from the ground up, in 1996 to reflect the ambiance of a Southern Manor House. Although we are located in the heart of the DFW Metroplex, the city seems the melt away as soon as you enter our grounds. It is our pleasure to serve guests from around the world and locally in our twelve deluxe overnight rooms, our award winning spa and salon, and in our luxurious event spaces. We are passionate about superior service and would love the opportunity to serve you for your big day!