The Santa Anita Church

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Ballroom, Church, Religious Setting

Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering

226 W Colorado Blvd, Arcadia, CA (626) 446-8206

A wonderful place to get married!

Reviewed on 11/10/2011 Karen D

My husband and I got married at the Santa Anita Church and it was a fantastic experience. The sanctuary is a *beautiful* backdrop for a ceremony. We wanted to have a wedding that mixed both of our cultures - his family being Hindu while mine is Christian. We had looked at many... Read More places, wondering how we were going to be able to find a venue that would allow us to conduct a ceremony that would use both religious elements, but also wouldn't break the bank. We were shocked that they were willing to allow us to have our multicultural wedding at their church. They were all very accommodating to our special requests concerning how the ceremony would run. Carolyn, the coordinator, was excellent to work with. She is organized and you could tell that she knows what she is doing. We felt comfortable asking questions and contacting her. Reverend Terry is awesome! He's very funny and helps put your mind at ease during a very stressful time in most people's lives. We had both the ceremony and reception at the church. The reception hall can comfortably seat about 140 people. SAC works exclusively with a caterer, The Bashful Butler. Chris, the caterer, was also very organized and was extremely accommodating for our reception. My husband's family wanted to have a buffet with Indian food, and The Bashful Butler allowed us to also have an Indian caterer bring in food at the reception to go along with their food. The grounds at the church are beautiful and the garden helped to produce some stunningly beautiful pictures. Carolyn, Rev. Terry, Chris, and the Santa Anita Church all helped our wedding day go off beautifully and without a hitch.

Wedding

Reviewed on 10/27/2011 Liliana V

Staff is very helpful. The day of the wedding everything went smoothly. Garden outside was great for pictures.

Beautiful church, wonderful people

Reviewed on 11/23/2010 Stefanie N

We loved having our wedding here. The church is beautiful, Carolyn (the church wedding coordinator) is lovely and great to work with, and Reverend Keenan is easy to talk to and clearly loves his work. The only constructive criticism I have is for the volunteer hostesses... Read More coordinating the ceremony. They were nice and wonderful with us, but I heard from some of our guests that one of them wasn't as couteous and welcoming as we would have liked. Overall, we were very glad we chose this church.

A Wonderful and Stress Free Day!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2010 Stephanie E

I got married on October 10, 2010 at The Santa Anita Church and everything was beautiful. The hostesses were amazing and made everything go smoothly. I can't say enough about The Santa Anita Church and the wedding coordinator Carolyn. Thank you Carolyn for everything!!!! You... Read More and your team are wonderful!! I would recommend Santa Anita Church to everyone. It is the best place to get married!

Beautiful church!

Reviewed on 9/21/2010 rebecca e

This church is gorgeous! Behind the altar is a 3 story high stained glass window. The wedding photos were beautiful. The price of the church includes the ceremony, the rehearsal and 2 wedding coordinators. It was a little more than I had expected to pay originally, but it... Read More was very much worth it. The reverend is very friendly and he met with us prior to the wedding and gave us some sound marriage advice.

The Santa Anita Church

Reviewed on 9/11/2010 Melissa L

My Fiance and I searched for a church in the Pasadena area. We wanted to make it as convenient as possible for our guests since our reception was going to be held in Pasadena as well. We must have looked at over 10 churches in the area. Several of them were not so nice, and it... Read More took forever for us to get a call back. And, when we finally received a call back, we were shocked at the cost. I found an ad in a wedding magazine for the Santa Anita Church. I called and figured I would not get a call back until the following week. That same afternoon I received a call back from Carolyn Simon, the wedding coordinator. She was extremely nice and we scheduled an appointment for that weekend. When we arrived at the church I knew immediately this was where I wanted to get married. Carolyn was so welcoming, and as soon as I saw the beautiful stain glass altar I was speechless. Carolyn was so organized and easy to work with. Not to mention the cost for the ceremony was very reasonable and included several extras that were not included elsewhere. We were able to get music, minister, and also have our ceremony filmed. The church does not need a lot of decoration because it is so beautiful. They have a bride and groom room. The Bride's room is beautiful, and complete with restrooms and vanity. There is plenty of space and it is a nice intimate setting for you and your bridesmaids. On the day of my wedding I did not have to worry about anything. I had two coordinators from the church who were there to make sure that everything went smoothly. I think this church is a hidden jewel and would highly recommend this to anyone getting married.