Seamstress: Custom Designs and Alterations

Whether you need alterations to a gown purchased off the rack or want to design something truly unique, I can help! I specialize in period pieces, special designs for the men in your party and unusual sizes.

Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Fashion Services, Fashion

Reviewed on 4/10/2018 Elissa H

Heather is an absolute revelation in the alterations industry! I was searching for somewhere to help me get my wedding dress just right and came across Heather. I'm glad I did. She was supremely fun to work with, understood my excessive attention to the bust of my dress (she... Read More sewed in cups to get the look just right) and was beyond reasonable with pricing. I am so very pleased with my dress and the artful way Heather designed the bustle. As my wedding will be outside, the dress needs to be off of the ground. Even working with a lot of fabric, she managed to get it up and out of the way while adding a touch of flare and beauty. I would highly recommend Heather a thousand and one times!

Reviewed on 4/07/2018 Bethany S

I can't say enough good things about Heather! She loves what she does and took such good care of my gown during alterations. She was very patient as I decided what I thought I wanted, changed my mind, and finally figured it out together. She made me a belt for my gown and I am... Read More just so so happy with the result! I can't wait to wear my dress in just 7 short weeks!! Thank you, Heather!

2018-04-09T18:56:42 Response from the vendor

Your gown was so lovely on you and you picked very well all the components for your belt. I really enjoyed working on it :)

Reviewed on 3/24/2018 Isabel G

Heather is soooo amazing. I had a difficult dress to alter due to all of the lace and I came in to see her around 5-8 times until the dress was perfect. She not only took the time and always had a smile on her face but she charged an extremely reasonable price for the amount of... Read More work she did. If you live in the Houston area look no further. She IS the best!

2018-04-09T18:59:34 Response from the vendor

I really, really appreciate your patience and positive attitude :) It drives me crazy when I can't get something perfect. I know, I'm hard on myself, but you made working through the issue bearable. Thank you!

Reviewed on 3/01/2018 Gaby R

Heather was a pleasure to work with! She turned my dress around in 1 week! Most other places said they needed 2 months’ notice. She did a great job on my bustle and hem, and her pricing was very reasonable. Definitely give Heather a call for your wedding dress needs!

Reviewed on 2/10/2018 Maliah H

Heather is amazing she did a wonderful job on my wedding dress. I will definitely be back if I ever need alterations in the future. Her prices are very reasonable, she kept me in the loop, and she was personable. Thank you again Heather!!!!

Reviewed on 2/08/2018 Brittany H

So pleased! She altered my wedding dress the week of my wedding because I lost weight. I am so thankful to have found her :-)

2018-04-09T19:00:13 Response from the vendor

Happy to help! You were so lovely in your dress when we got it fixed :)

Reviewed on 2/06/2018 Katie W

Heather is awesome!! She can work some serious magic on wedding dresses. I was worried was that the changes that were needed for my alterations would completely change the pattern of my dress, but Heather pulled it off perfectly. I would highly recommend any bride to take their... Read More dress to her!

Reviewed on 1/18/2018 Lina B

Heather is the best! I’m so glad I found her on The Knot. I brought my dress to her a few weeks before my wedding and she made it happen. She stayed in touch with me and updated me often. My dress was extremely beaded and she made magic happen. Quality of work is execellent. I... Read More can’t wait to wear it! She is an awesome person to work with and I highly recommend it!

Reviewed on 1/12/2018 Gale M

Heather is amazing!!! My sister got a dress made from another country and I wish we took 'before' photos prior to Heather working her magic on this dress. Heather also worked on my sister's main wedding dress and altered my bridesmaid's dress. Not only does she have an awesome... Read More personality, but Heather is wonderful to work with and has awesome communication and response times. I am definitely coming back for any future alteration/tailoring needs.

2018-04-09T19:01:23 Response from the vendor

Oh my! The dress with the bullet boobs! I'm sorry I forgot to take "before" pics too. You both looked fantastic! Thank you for trusting me.

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Camille R

Heather is PHENOMENAL! I explained my vision and she executed it perfectly. She went above and beyond and stayed within my budget. I just love her and her work. She made me look like a perfect princess on my wedding day.

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Camille R

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Lauren J

Heather is a fantastic seamstress! I came to her with a pretty short turnaround time on my wedding dress (just over a month) and she was able to alter it very quickly. Not only did she alter what I was aware of (as someone with no sewing experience!) but she noticed things that... Read More could have been better done in the first place (pearls on the straps did not cover all the strap material) and offered to fix them for me - she did a great job with adding the pearls as well. She also was able to alter an adorable giraffe jumpsuit that I've needed fixed for a few months to perfection! I conveniently wore that for wedding festivities as well :D She's friendly, efficient, and a delight to work with.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Heather M

I can’t say enough about this amazing woman!! I am the extreme when it comes to things being perfect, especially on my wedding day and Heather Gabriel succeeded any expectations I had! She not only customized my dress with but took an ordinary traditional dress and made my... Read More vision come to life! She was efficient, quick, personable, and very professional. If you saw my pictures of my dress it would take your breathe away! Imagine romantic Moulin Rouge meets Victorian Goth, deep reds,purples, and black of course! Not only did she customize it but she designed it! I told her the look I wanted and she worked her magic and it was perfect! I also work crazy hours and she accommodated me which is never the case at a bridal store! VIP service! She even gave me advice on undergarments for this particular dress and she did all my bridesmaids dresses too in a very short period of time; not to mention one was preggo and one had to be take in three sizes! You would have never known!! Her studio is the most quaint little boutique feel! Definitely VIP service! I can’t tell you enough how much I was dreading the alterations process of the wedding and it was my favorite! I would recommend her to anyone I know. She is definitely 100% a genius at her craft! There isn’t enough stars to choose for the experience I had!! Well done Heather Gabriel!

2018-04-09T19:02:02 Response from the vendor

I am honored to have been a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jim W

She is super talented, creative and fast ... a magician with fabric!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Lauren K

Heather made me an absolutely stunning memory quilt for my parents for Christmas last year. I gave her a pile of baby clothes that my two girls had worn from birth to toddler (they’re only 5 and 6 now) and asked her to work her magic. Boy did she ever. The layout was beautiful,... Read More and the accent fabrics complimented each and every piece. My parents were thrilled! I have already asked her to make one for each of my girls for when they go to college with clothes spanning from birth through senior year of high school. I also plan on having a dress made for a special occasion I have coming up, and there’s no one else I would even consider doing it. You can tell she works love into every project, and that’s one of my favorite things about her. She’s definitely worth every penny, but the best part is that she is really reasonable when it comes to cost. Excellent work for an excellent price! Unfortunately, I was married before I met her so I didn’t get to use her for my wedding dress. But my 10-year anniversary is only two years away, and guess who will be asking Heather to make a new dress to renew her vows?

2018-04-09T19:02:53 Response from the vendor

I can't wait :)

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Rudy M

Heather is an outstanding seamstress. She can alter anything! Most recently, we had a rush order of 70+ custom / personalized sports jerseys for our company open house and she work day and night with the custom fabric vendor to get them sewed (including correcting some of the... Read More collar blanks) and delivered to us on time and neatly prepared. Needless to say, the employees were over the top and have worn their jerseys to multiple functions. We will definitely use the Singing Seamstress again for any custom work, as she has tremendous pride in her work and takes customer service to a new level.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Shelly J

She met with me to help me decide how to create a memory quilt of my daf’f shirts after he passed. I was very emotional but she was patient with me as we had to keep choosing more and more fabric. She even gave me a minute as I stepped away to wipe away my tears. Then the... Read More miracle occurred, she sent me my first picture of the quilt. All I can say is, it was so beautiful in the beginning stages, and it became more beautiful because she sent me pictures throughout the entire process. She created the most amazing quilt for me and she made 6 coordinating pillows from the left over material. She is just so creative and listens when you want something special done and if you are struggling understanding the entire quilting process, she helps you understand what is going to happen and updates you throughout the process. . Overall, my experience with her was amazing and I already have plans for her to create a few more items for me. I am lucky to have found such an honest and kind creator.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Ron D

My husband was very please with the 3 shirts that Heather made for us. They were of the Christmas theme as he is a Santa Claus. Workmanship was outstanding. Fit very well. Very professional and we received them even sooner than they were promised. We will be ordering more... Read More clothing items from Heather. We are very glad we found Heather as it is extremely hard to find someone who is as skilled as Heather. Thanks for a job extremely well done.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Bruce R

Heather is amazing! I gave her a vision for a custom Santa suit and it surpassed all of my expectations. I will definitely be commissioning her for more. She is simply the best!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017

I am a short lady who needs some extra help with tailored items. I asked Heather to make a black blazer for me. Best time and effort I could have made!!! The jacket is goregous and I am happy it's cooler and there are many opportunities to wear it!!!! Thank you Singing... Read More Seamstress!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Paloma V

Heather is just simply amazing! I took my wedding dress to her for alterations and she just did an amazing job! When I read all her good reviews I knew I had to take her my dress! From now on I will only let her do alterations on any of my future gowns etc. Thank you so much... Read More Heather!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Samantha H

Heather was AMAZING! She took my wedding dress that was pretty to STUNNING by adding my own customizations (That weren't simple cut and dry requests) to make the MOST PERFECT dress for me! I couldn't be happier with my decision to go with her! She is a magician and so nice and... Read More fun to work with and I hope I can work with her again!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Meghan J

Mrs. Heather is not only an amazing seamstress, but a beautiful and inviting spirit. She delivered her services an extremely professional and efficient manner. The turnaround time for my wedding dress was quick with a perfect fit. The cost was very reasonable and the work was... Read Moreauyfcbefvrafaxtfuutwwtrufxwrzdburayxxw excellent. She will now be my personal seamstress for all of my needs. Thank You, from Meghan , a truly grateful bride

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 m b

Words cannot express how thankful I was to find Heather. I was trying to find the best quality yet affordable seamstress and she is seriously the BEST! She updated me every step of the way, she would make sure I liked something before she'd do it. The sparkly belt (don't know... Read More the correct term) that I purchased to add to my dress ended up being too short but she went to the store, picked up some fabric, and she made it look like it was part of the belt. My dress looked absolutely stunning. I am so glad I trusted her with my dress. She is so friendly, sweet, and genuinely put in love when altering my wedding dress. She actually cares about each client vs the big alteration places that just go through your wedding dress like it's an everyday dress and they charge out the wazoo too. My worries were gone with Heather. Thank you so so much!!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Leah C

Heather is amazing. She took the time and listened to my suggestions and was able to finish work in timely manner. She also took the time to answer all my questions and be accommodating to my hectic work schedule so I would work with her. She really goes the extra mile to... Read More make sure you are happy with your dress. I highly recommend her.

Heather Gabriel

As far back as I can remember, I've been the one altering clothes for dolls, for myself, for my friends. Off the rack can be boring so I love adding embellishments too! It just seemed a natural thing that I graduate to doing it for a living (and I've been at this for over 30 years!). I will tell you a secret ... there's nothing like having a client, bride, groom or otherwise, look at themselves in the mirror wearing something that I've either made or altered and seeing the look of absolute glee grace their beautiful faces. Makes my week and I love helping people feel fabulous!