Seamstress: Custom Designs and Alterations

Whether you need alterations to a gown purchased off the rack or want to design something truly unique, I can help! I specialize in period pieces, special designs for the men in your party and unusual sizes.

Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Fashion Services, Fashion

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 m b

Words cannot express how thankful I was to find Heather. I was trying to find the best quality yet affordable seamstress and she is seriously the BEST! She updated me every step of the way, she would make sure I liked something before she'd do it. The sparkly belt (don't know... Read More the correct term) that I purchased to add to my dress ended up being too short but she went to the store, picked up some fabric, and she made it look like it was part of the belt. My dress looked absolutely stunning. I am so glad I trusted her with my dress. She is so friendly, sweet, and genuinely put in love when altering my wedding dress. She actually cares about each client vs the big alteration places that just go through your wedding dress like it's an everyday dress and they charge out the wazoo too. My worries were gone with Heather. Thank you so so much!!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Leah C

Heather is amazing. She took the time and listened to my suggestions and was able to finish work in timely manner. She also took the time to answer all my questions and be accommodating to my hectic work schedule so I would work with her. She really goes the extra mile to... Read More make sure you are happy with your dress. I highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Elizabeth B

I wish I could give her 100 stars. Heather goes above and beyond to make dreams come true. I decided to wear my mothers dress from 1985 and it needed some revamping! She made my moms dress into a dream dress! I'm so glad I found her! I recommend the Singing Seamstress to... Read More EVERYONE!!! She can do it all!!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Kiersten M

I love Heather's work! I brought her my crazy, overly beaded Lazaro gown and she was able to work her magic on it. It fits perfectly and has a bustle that complements it as well. She does great work and has the best pricing. I completely recommend her to any other Houston... Read More Brides!

2017-07-25T12:54:57 Response from the vendor

The dress looked spectacular on you! I can't wait to see your bridal portrait :)

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Tiffeny C

Heather is the most patient seamstress in the world, dealing with making 12 bridesmaids dresses, (some out of town ) ,, and myself having Bride brain, she was VERY understanding. The fabric was difficult , she made my vision come to life! Thank you, thank you Heather for being... Read More so professional and understanding!!! !

2017-07-25T12:55:46 Response from the vendor

It was a year long journey with you and your bridesmaids and I'm happy to say that I made a friend. Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your very special day :)

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Sammy B

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am a very petite lady and even with the dress being 00, it had to be taken up and in and Heather did an amazing job! I was worried that it would be difficult to alter the dress since it is completely lace and has a keyhole back but Heather had... Read More several tricks up her sleeve that she was able to use to ensure that the look of the dress did not change as alterations were made. I love it! It fits perfectly! And her prices beat every other store in Houston! Thank you, Heather!

2017-07-25T12:57:55 Response from the vendor

I love working on dresses from that designer and yours looked fabulous on you when we got through! I can't wait to see your bridal portrait :)

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Elejah S

I can go on for days about how amazing Heather is. She had my dress ready in just TWO days! She's so passionate about her work and her personality is just delightful. I couldn't thank her enough for the amazing job she did on my dress!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Chelsea L

We love Heather! She has done custom costuming work for me and my daughter - both for stage work and for ballroom exhibitions. She is skilled with all kinds of fabric needs, is great about working with your design needs, and even has reasonable rates, both for advance notice... Read More and rush jobs. I have sent many friends and professional contacts to her, and they have all been so happy with my recommendation and her work. She is absolutely fabulous!

2017-07-25T12:56:36 Response from the vendor

You ladies are so much fun to work with! Thank you for your kind review :)

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Alina C

Heather did an amazing job on my dress! The dress was missing a few pieces as I bought it off the rack from a gently used store, and Heather worked on getting the dress in better shape, and also made some adjustments to the straps, which gave the dress a totally different... Read More back/strap look. She also made some great suggestions (such as sewing on the belt) so that it was easier for me to deal with the day of the wedding. Thanks so much, Heather! I definitely recommend her.

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Carly M

There are not enough words to explain how amazing Heather is!! I'm new to the Houston area and didn't have any idea where to start looking for someone to trust with such an important task. A couple of searches and I saw amazing reviews for the singing seamstress. My dress... Read More needed some serious work. It was probably 4 sizes to big and had a bolero that also needed to be altered quite a bit. She hit the nail on the head at the first fitting! I'm glad I listened to the reviews. I am so impressed with her work!! I already hired her again to alter another dress :) thanks Heather!!

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Christina S

Heather did an awesome job altering my wedding dress and veil! When I bought the dress it was about 2-4 sizes too big so there was a lot of work to be done to it. I also had her add a belt and she did the bustle. Everything turned out wonderful and my dress fit like a glove! So... Read More happy with everything!!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Rachel B

I cannot possibly rave enough about Heather! I moved to Houston and needed my dress altered less than a month away from the wedding. It's been 2.5 weeks: my dress is PERFECTLY altered, AND she made a vest, bowtie, and pocket square out of the extra material for my dad! And the... Read More price cannot be beat, truly. Not only is her handiwork impeccable, but she is so fun and easygoing - easily makes any bride feel welcome- even sends picture updates! She was flexible with me only being able to meet in the evenings, which was SO stress-free as a bride. If you are a bride around Houston, GO TO HEATHER. She will NOT disappoint!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Keeli J

Heather accepted my wedding alterations with just a month timeline without hesitation. She worked quickly and was so sweet and calming that I couldn't recommend her enough. 2 fittings in 2 weeks and I took my dress home. Thank you Heather!!!

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Lauren R

I can't even put into words how amazing Heather is! She was so accommodating and worked extremely quickly. She even texted me pictures of her progress along the way! I told her what I needed altered on my wedding dress and she went above and beyond to make it perfect. I would... Read More highly recommend her to everyone I know!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Mindy M

Heather it a total sweetheart! My dress was a bit of pain to bustle, as my skirt was plain/not embellished, and had many layers. She worked with me and tried many different ways to bustle my gown, texting me photos of the different looks. We ended up coming up with a way that we... Read More both thought looked great! She was so patient with me, and never seemed annoyed when I kept asking her to try other options for my bustle. The final outcome was absolutely beautiful! Oh and she had to hem my dress for a second time, because I decided I wanted it a tiny bit shorter. She hemmed it again, and it looked perfect! She also drew a diagram for my matron of honor, showing exactly how to bustle my dress- which was definitely helpful! So point of the story- Heather is super talented, very patient, and sweet. You won't be disappointed! She will do whatever it takes to make sure whatever she is making/altering/etc for you is exactly as you want it. Thank you Heather for making my wedding dress perfect for me!! :)

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 DELORIS A

I didn't know what I was going to do about my getting into my dress ( I was suppose loose weight) I was excited to know that Heather could help me get into my dress. I am so thankful and she did it so fast. I couldn't believe how beautiful I looked. What she did- actually... Read More upgraded my dress...lol That's always good! Great personality and great work! Thanks Again :)

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Janice B

Heather is AMAZING! She is very prompt in responding to emails and text. She was very honest, helpful and comforting throughout the whole process. I was uneasy about finding the right person to alter my dress, but when I met Heather I knew I had found the perfect person! She is... Read More awesome, efficient, and affordable. Heather altered straps, added cups, bustle, and hem. My dress is gorgeous! My heart is at ease. Choose the seamstress, The Singing Seamstress!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Ashley W

Heather is amazing! My dress had delicate details literally coming out of the seams and she knew just how to make it work with the alternations I needed! She gives you personal attention that no store front could; she sent me pictures of her progress, and even pictures of a few... Read More options on my bustle! She took the time to find the jewels that blend right into my dress for the bustle. She does incredible work, and in amazing time!! Absolutely love her!

2016-08-28T13:10:24 Response from the vendor

You looked gorgeous! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day :)

Reviewed on 7/28/2016

Incredible work, fast service, and affordable at any budget! The detail work is amazing

Reviewed on 7/27/2016

Heather is a wonderful person as well as a gifted seamstress. She made me feel like I was at home everytime I went to her studio for my fittings. She made me a princess in my wedding dress. Yes, please contact her, she's marvelous. 💕💕

2016-08-28T13:09:01 Response from the vendor

My best payment was seeing the look on your face when you looked in the mirror ... You said, "I look like a princess!" Yes you did :) Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016

She's not only extremely talented and can do anything you you throw at her, she's also one of the sweetest people i have ever met!!!! She has truly exceeded any and all expectations for any project I have thrown her way!!!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016

WITH 5 DAYS TO GO BEFORE THE WEDDING MY DAUGHTER GETS HER DRESS BACK AT THE FIRST SEAMSTRESS AND ITS ALL MESSED UP AND I MEAN -- BAD -- SO I CALLED MY OLD FRIEND ANITA DARBY JUST BECAUSE SHE DOES GREAT THINGS IN THE THEATER INDUSTRY. SHE SAYS I MUST USED HEATHER GABRIEL SHE IS... Read More THE BEST SO I SAY OK. I GIVE HER A CALL AND SHE SHOWS UP AT MY HOUSE THAT NIGHT AND DOSE HER MAGIC ON THE FIT THEN SHE TAKES DRESS HOME AND WITHIN 3 DAYS HAS MY DAUGHTER COME OVER FOR A TEST FIT AND ITS ALMOST PERFECT SO THE NEXT NIGHT SHE GOES AND GETS THE DRESS AND SHE CALLS ME - DADDY ITS PERFECT - KNOW MIND YOU THIS IS A 7 LAYER DRESS WITH BEAD WORK AND LACE A $2000.00 DRESS THAT SHE BROKE DOWN AND BUILT BACK UP TO PERFECTION AND MY DAUGHTER WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BRIDE AND IT WAS ALL THANKS TO THE SINGING SEAMSTRESS(HEATHER GABRIEL) WORDS CANNOT SAY HOW THANKFUL I AM TO HAVE FOUND YOU - YOU TRULY ARE ONE IN A MILLION - I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN IF YOU WANTS SOMETHING DONE RIGHT DO IT YOURSELF BUT WHEN IT COMES TO SEWING YEA NO ,,,, JUST CALL THE SINGING SEAMSTRESS ITS IN BETTER HANDS THAN MINE SO IF IT INVOLVES A NEEDLE AND THREAD COUNT ME OUT AND HER IN SHE IS THE MAN (WOMAN) IN THAT AREA OF EXPERTISE !!!! AND WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HER FOR ANY JOB

2016-08-28T13:07:22 Response from the vendor

I remember this emergency all to well, and was happy that I could help. Your daughter was indeed a beautiful bride and I thank you for allowing me to be a part of hers, and your, day.

Heather Gabriel

As far back as I can remember, I've been the one altering clothes for dolls, for myself, for my friends. Off the rack can be boring so I love adding embellishments too! It just seemed a natural thing that I graduate to doing it for a living (and I've been at this for over 30 years!). I will tell you a secret ... there's nothing like having a client, bride, groom or otherwise, look at themselves in the mirror wearing something that I've either made or altered and seeing the look of absolute glee grace their beautiful faces. Makes my week and I love helping people feel fabulous!