The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Set in vibrant Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City has been the essence of timeless glamor for over 100 years. Set in a historic building that dates from 1911, The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City oozes architectural elegance. The opulent venue offers discerning couples an intoxicating blend of romance and sophistication. To-be-weds can select from a total of 18,500 square feet of magnificent event space. The rooms are suitable for all kinds of celebrations, from intimate rehearsal dinners to ceremonies and banquets. The options include:

The Grand Ballroom. The epitome of grandeur, the Grand Ballroom features a stunning marble staircase. There is 6,120 square feet of space that can be hired in its entirety or divided into smaller sections to suit your requirements.

The Centennial Ballroom. This classically decorated room was built to celebrate The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City’s 100th birthday in 2011. The 2,048 square feet of space can be divided into smaller sound-proof areas or rented as one room.

The Crystal Room. With its glamorous, restored chandeliers, The Crystal Room offers 1,722 square feet of stylish space for intimate gatherings and get-togethers.

The Venetian Room. This lovely room has a rich history. In the 1930s, it hosted live orchestras and vaudeville acts. It has now been restored to its former glory. It offers 2,600 square feet of events space.

The Continental Room. Featuring breathtaking vistas from the 14th floor, the Continental Room looks out across downtown Oklahoma City. This room provides to-be-weds with 1,444 square feet of space.

The Founders Room. Set next to the Venetian Room and the Continental Room, the Founders Room is an ideal spot in which to host cocktail hours and pre-wedding gatherings.

The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City offers to-be-weds the services of a highly experienced team of professionals who lead you through the planning process from beginning to end. They are dedicated to ensuring that everything runs smoothly. They work with you to plan every detail of your wedding, from floral arrangements and decor to photographers and entertainers.

The talented culinary team is on hand to create your delicious wedding menus. It offers a full service from hors d’oeuvres and light bites to luxe dinners. Mouth-watering sample menus include delights, such as espresso-rubbed petite tenderloin with Champagne lobster and whiskey-brined organic chicken. Note that all ballrooms have minimum catering requirements.

When you sign a contract with The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, you are requested to provide a non-refundable deposit. The final payment is required 10 days prior to your wedding and any remaining balance must be paid three days before the event.

The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City has been recently renovated throughout. Couples, wedding parties and guests who wish to overnight at the venue can select from a selection of 225 high-end rooms and suites that combine historic style with modern comforts.

Art lovers may enjoy The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City’s Artist-in-Residence program, which allows guests to interact with a working artist who is based at the venue. You are able to view artwork being created first-hand.

The Skirvin Hilton, Oklahoma's Wedding Destination

From the sprawling magnificence of the Grand Ballroom to the quaintness of the Continental Room and the colorful history of the Venetian Room, the Skirvin Hilton's historic grandeur and numerous venue option provide breathtaking backdrops for weddings and receptions alike.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel

One Park Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK (405) 702-8508
INSTAGRAM

A night in peace.

Reviewed on 11/19/2012 Alisha G

We staied at the Skirvin the night of our wedding. After a long a stressful day I had no idea what to expect at a hotel. What I didn't expect was the beautiful decor, extremly friendly staff and amazing rooms. We are just common people and we felt like we were real top-notch... Read More people. We got the same great service as the executives that were staying at the hotel along side us. The beds.. amazing, the shower... so cool...everything in the room, decor, hallways, entry, and valet parking was planned and executed with the guest in mind. Everyone was prompt and so personable. Loved it and would love to go back!

Wonderful stay!

Reviewed on 10/26/2012 Kimberly R

We actually used our room for my bridal suite to get ready first. They were extremely accomodating in all our little needs like a newspaper, a comb, tying a tie and they even tried to get a security ink tag off a shoe for us. As for our actual stay, it was great! Bed was... Read More divine! We were able to order chocolate covered strawberries and wine late that night when we finally returned. We were also able to put a tag on our door and order breakfast in bed at a time that we chose. Everything was perfect!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 6/04/2012 Sarah B

We had our reception on the 14th floor. Absolutely beautiful! The service was excellent, food delicious, and they were very accommodating with special request.

Memories!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Laura V

Cant wait to go back on our 1st anniversary! They gave my husband a free upgrade since it was our wedding. Everyone was so nice and it was gorgeous! Definitely a way to finish the night off!

Love the Skirvin!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Laura W

The Skirvin was excellent and really made sure my special day was perfect. We had about 250 guests come which the Ballroom was the perfect accommodation. Many of my guests also stayed at the hotel which was very convienent. Debbie and Jenny at the Skirvin were SO great and made... Read More sure to answer all my questions and timely. It was so comforting to know that I could email a list of questions--however small or big and they would all get answered. They also helped make many of my ideas come to life. They are truly experts when it comes to weddings and understand what works and what doesnt. The catering staff were very open to any special food requests which I loved. Everyone raved about how great the food tasted, how great the setup of the food looked, and that the food was promptly ready when guests arrived. Everything the night of was taken care of and our evening went flawlessly. I can not say enough great things about the Skirvin, I know there were several staff involved that made the night go so great! The ballroom looked beautiful and all my guests had a great time!

Fantastic, amazing service

Reviewed on 1/24/2012 Alizah A

Working with the Skirvin was fantastic. I had a little issue with my main contact changing three times, but they are pretty good at transferring information on. Food was fantastic, got to taste everything and make modifications, willing to go above and beyond. Just be careful... Read More when catering, we had some people order a child's plate when an adult plate had been given to their child so we got charged double for about 20 kids who were old enough for the adult plate but wanted the child plate and never sent the adult plate back. That was the only bad thing about the Skirvin, but it did cost us $750 extra... Just be careful of that, otherwise the Skirvin is fantastic!

Our First Night

Reviewed on 1/23/2012 Sara G

The room was phenomenal. We could have stayed in all night and not needed anything - there was a separate bedroom from the living area and the bathroom was to die for. The history of the hotel is neat and it is beautiful inside. We ate in their restaurant which is nice, although... Read More pricey. Also the waitstaff seemed a little rude to me. It was a little busy for my tastes when we stayed here our first night because there was a basketball tournament downtown and a wedding going on at the hotel, but it was still a very nice stay. Also the parking and getting to the hotel was complicated because of construction so we ended up going into the back entrance, which wasn't what we were supposed to do. Whoops!

too expensive but good service

Reviewed on 10/15/2011 Anna M

$200 for queen bed. Nothing special but great service.

Wedding at the Skirvin

Reviewed on 10/11/2011 Marissa L

The Skirvin was wonderful to work with. My wedding turned out beautiful, they definitely try to upsell but I'm sure most vendors in the wedding business do that!

Ceremony and Reception

Reviewed on 9/06/2011 Kassi S

We picked The Skirvin Hilton Hotel:Have the ceremony and the reception Guest could get rooms and not have to driverooms to get ready in... Top reason we choose The Skirvin Hilton it's beautiful. The staff was wonderful and made our wedding weekend perfect!!! I would pick The... Read More Skirvin Hilton Hotel again and again!!!!

Skirvin

Reviewed on 8/04/2011 Soni A

Best place to have your wedding reception. Everyone was very easy to work with. If you decide to use skirvin for your reception ask for Marci or Kerrie Lee

Wedding

Reviewed on 1/08/2011 Ashton L

The hotle was so beautiful and easy to work with!

Absolutely Spectacular!

Reviewed on 10/26/2010 Erica V

We had our wedding reception on the 14th floor of the Skirvin in the Venetian Room on October 9th, 2010. It was amazing! I am still hearing from guests how beautiful it was and how great the food was. Marci and Mark were a pleasure to work with and I feel that they made every... Read More effort to ensure that the reception went as planned and was even more beautful that I could have ever imagined. The staff was quick and efficient as well as friendly. The guests were blown away by the hotel in general...it's beautiful. As for the price...I feel it was a great value. We priced a couple of other places but the Skirvin does not charge for room use (one place we checked was $2500 just to use it!), they only had us choose two courses instead of three as we had a cocktail hour preceding the dinner, and the per person bar package was a value a well. I was forced to choose the 10-20k option but for 110 people to have a plated steak or fish dinner, an open bar for 5 hours, coffe and tea service, valet parking, and all the little extras we ended up spending about 14k including taxes and service fees. Well worth it!!

The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City