The Spinning Wheel

Redding, CT

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Couples seeking to have an intimate gathering in Redding, Connecticut, countryside find The Spinning Wheel restaurant an ideal location to hold their wedding reception. The restaurant is full of rustic charm and history with the original structure built in 1742. The architecture of the building reflects the charm and simplicity of New England with four rooms, a large stone hearth fireplace and constructed of reclaimed barn wood after needing to be restored after a fire in 1948.

The Spinning Wheel was recently restored after changing ownership in 2012 and has been operating as a restaurant and banquet facility. With over 5,000 square feet of space, The Spinning Wheel can accommodate parties up to 160 in the banquet room and 120 in the dining room. There is a gorgeous stone patio off the dining room that makes for the ideal cocktail reception or small ceremony for 50 people.

The grounds are lush and professionally landscaped with a path leading from the patio to a gazebo surrounded by flowers. The hardwood floors and bar inside the restaurant also complement the natural, but elegant, feel of The Spinning Wheel.

The food at The Spinning Wheel is all-American comfort food. Guests appreciate the home-cooked and hearty dishes. It is famous in Redding for its shepherd’s pie and has received great reviews on its meatloaf as well. It also serves artisan stone fire pizza with sophisticated toppings, such as goat cheese, dates, arugula salad and caramelized onion. Several appetizers are offered as well and any dishes on the menu can be catered for events.

• Gluten-free and vegetarian dishes offered
  • Closed on Mondays
  • Hours vary by day; Sundays 11:30 a.m. until 10 p.m., Tuesday and Wednesday 4 p.m. until 10 p.m., and Thursday through Saturday noon until midnight
  • All of the food served at The Spinning Wheel comes from local vendors
  • Twelve different beers are on tap with craft bottled beers offered as well
  • Brunch offered on Sundays
  • Catering and drinks provided by The Spinning Wheel
  • Traditional wedding cake can be brought in by any bakery
  • Round or square tables offered with linens, glassware, flatware and napkins

• Menu changes with the season, always offering the freshest ingredients
  • Redding is celebrating its sestercentennial in 2017 and prides itself on its dedication to the preservation of town history
  • New York City is only an hour away

Garden, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering

109 Black Rock Turnpike, Redding, CT (203) 664-4000

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Joy S

The Spinning Wheel hosted our wedding ceremony and reception on June 25, 2016. We could not be more pleased with the entire experience. Planning our special day with Chris was so incredibly easy and fun. We had so many choices to personalize the space and the food selections... Read More were absolutely amazing. The day of the wedding, every last detail went exactly according to plan. The entire staff was fantastic; so attentive and thoughtful. Everything was handled beautifully and our guests could not get over the delicious food. We’ve been told several times that this was the best wedding people have ever attended. We are so incredibly thankful to Chris and everyone at The Spinning Wheel for making our wedding a truly perfect day.

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 suzanne p

We held my daughter's reception at The Spinning Wheel and it was a wonderful and flawless event. During our planning meeting, the owners were very attentive to details and they followed through with everything: the set up of the room was exactly as we wanted, the food was... Read More fantastic and generous, and the day was perfectly organized as the event progressed. They worked seamlessly with our other vendors (cake, flowers, favors, etc) and there was not a single thing out of place with our day. I really can't recommend The Spinning Wheel enough!

Reviewed on 12/15/2015

I was married at the Spinning Wheel in October. My fiancé and I wanted to do a short outdoor ceremony and the reception at the same venue, and the Spinning Wheel was perfect. I didn't have an event planner, but the Spinning Wheel made it really easy to make choices and did the... Read More set up beautifully. Chris is really helpful and answered any questions we had. With threatening bad weather we had the ceremony on the patio under a tent, but as it didn't rain we were able to do our photo's in the small garden, with the gazebo and in front of the building. The cocktail hour was also on the patio and then the reception was indoors. We had 90 people and everyone was seated comfortably and there was plenty of room to dance. The food was incredible, the drinks were great and all of the staff were really friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend the Spinning Wheel!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Hollie B

I finally believe that things do happen for a reason. After our first venue fell through we discovered the Spinning Wheel, which was a true blessing. From the moment we met with Chris at the venue, we knew this was where we were meant to have our wedding. I could not have... Read More imagined a more flawless night. Chris made sure the night ran smoothly and was 100% accommodating! The food was excellent and so was the service. The space was absolutely beautiful, and I especially loved the fireplace in the back room. I had heard stories of how stressful wedding planning can be, but Chris made our experience easy, helping with so many aspects of the night. We cannot thank Chris and his team at the Spinning Wheel enough for such an amazing night! If you are looking for a beautiful environment with incredible food and service, you will find that all at The Spinning Wheel.

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Hollie B

I finally believe that things do happen for a reason. After our first venue fell through we discovered the Spinning Wheel, which was a true blessing. From the moment we met with Chris at the venue, we knew this was where we were meant to have our wedding. I could not have... Read More imagined a more flawless night. Chris made sure the night ran smoothly and was 100% accommodating! The food was excellent and so was the service. The space was absolutely beautiful, and I especially loved the fireplace in the back room. I had heard stories of how stressful wedding planning can be, but Chris made our experience easy, helping with so many aspects of the night. We cannot thank Chris and his team at the Spinning Wheel enough for such an amazing night! If you are looking for a breathtaking setting with incredible food and service, you will find that all at The Spinning Wheel.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Joedi B

We had an incredible day, thanks to Chris and the entire Spinning Wheel team! We are very happy that we selected the Spinning Wheel as the venue for our wedding on Sept 17th. Chris was great to work with, easygoing personality and wonderful attention to detail (great person to... Read More have working with you!). Our guests are still raving on how great the food was and how magical the space felt. Already thinking of other parties we could look to host here; We highly recommend the Spinning Wheel.

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Amanda S

We had an incredible wedding day thanks to Chris and his staff at The Spinning Wheel! We cannot explain how happy we were that we chose this charming spot in Redding, CT. The venue itself is rustic, crisp and clean. They just did renovations inside and out. The gardens are so... Read More well kept and even in September were still in full bloom. Staff is friendly and helpful, extremely organized. The food was spectacular, they do not skimp on quantity or quality of food. Our guests told us how fabulous their meal was (and hot!). Would recommend this spot to someone looking for fabulous food, great staff, and charming location!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Mandy S

I was extremely satisfied with our wedding reception at The Spinning Wheel! I highly recommend this venue for any event. Initially, we were looking at having our rehearsal dinner at the venue but ultimately decided to have our entire reception there. From the initial planning,... Read More Chris was very responsive and attentive to our needs. He and the staff were flexible and gracious throughout the entire process. On the day of the wedding, everything ran smoothly. My husband and I had a dedicated server who ensured that we tried all of the passed appetizers and always had a full drink in our hands. The venue is stunning and spacious; easily accommodating our 140+ guests. We were able to have an outdoor cocktail hour and dedicated bar room for our party. Everything went off without a hitch, and the staff was so wonderful throughout the day. This is a true gem and great value when evaluating all of the options out there.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Katie O

We had our reception at the Spinning Wheel in September, 2016. Chris was very helpful, clear and supportive throughout the entire planning process. He and the staff did an amazing job to make for a fantastic day with smiles on all of their faces. All of our guests raved about... Read More the food and atmosphere. It was beautiful on its own, and we were able to add elements of our own personality. They also provided vegan options and were very helpful with last-minute dietary restrictions for a few guests.

Reviewed on 8/21/2016

Chris is super kind, professional and very accommodating. He and his staff constantly go out of their way to assure the guests are comfortable. In my party he did not just act as the owner of the place..... He actually made it it his personal goal to make sure everything went... Read More smoothly. The location is charming, the food is to die for yet healthy, wine and spirit selection was fun yet sophisticated and at the end of the day a good time was had by all at our celebration. I recommend his venue wholeheartedly to all family and friends for anything as little as a weeknight dinner to something as elaborate as a wedding party!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Ilana L

The Spinning Wheel was the perfect venue for our wedding in July! Chris and the entire Spinning Wheel team was very attentive and organized leading up to and on the day of the wedding. The location of The Spinning Wheel is gorgeous and the newly renovated building is very... Read More classic New England. The food tastes fantastic and there are many different options for appetizers and entrees. All at a pretty reasonable price for Fairfield County CT. I would highly recommend having you're wedding at The Spinning Wheel. It was truly a perfect day, largely in part because The Spinning Wheel was such a great place to have a wedding.

Reviewed on 3/28/2016

We recently had a couples baby shower hosted by the Spinning Wheel Restaurant. The owners and staff went out of their way to accommodate our wishes and designs. The menu from appetizers to entrees was fabulous and the service was top notch. All of our guests enjoyed themselves... Read More and had nothing but positive comments. We will definitely use them for future events or parties.

Reviewed on 2/28/2016

Last April my wife and I had our baby shower at the Spinning Wheel here in redding. Every detail from the decor in the room ,fresh flowers , the ambiance from the stone fireplace was amazing . Working with Chris (one of the owners), and there event planner was a pleasure . The... Read More chefs also the owners worked with us for an incredible menu , our guest were. So very pleased ! The Spinning Wheel. Totally exceeded all of our expectations. This is a true gem here in Fairfield county. We continue to enjoy there amazing food with. Our family , and our new twin girls. Great place .

New England Dream Setting

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Our first daughter of three eloped !! We choose to have a reception for her and her husband at The Spinning Wheel in Redding CT. Casual sit down dinner for 50, cocktails outside beforehand. This causal event turned into the most memorable evening with joined families and... Read More friends. The setting is beautiful, the food was superb, they served us the same portion size and high quality that is served in their restaurant. The staff and service was also very friendly and efficient. As you can see from my note, I highly recommend. I cant wait to plan another event there...hmmm daughter #2 :)