For Non-Stop Dance Party People!

Throwing the ultimate dance party is our passion! We play true variety with Modern Hits-Party Classics-Motown-Radio Hits from all decades - and we will pack your dance floor with our killer playlist of over 600 songs. We LOVE the music we play & it shows! Visit our website for TONS of live video, photos, reviews, club shows, concerts and more. We always tailor our services to suit your preferences. Whatever you want, we can make it happen.

Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Vocals

Dance, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment

F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

Ditmas Park, Brooklyn, NY NY-NJ-Long Is-CT (917) 887-5459

Reviewed on 2/07/2018 John E

My wife and I first saw Storytellers play at our good friends wedding in 2015. We opted to book them for our recent wedding and could not be happier. They're extremely professional and sound absolutely amazing (we had the 11 piece setup). The guests are still raving about the... Read More band and requesting their info (given a lot of our friends have weddings coming up in the next two years). Book them and never look back because you've made the right decision.

Reviewed on 1/31/2018 Mindy D

In 2014, my VERY NEW boyfriend and I were riding our bikes on the boardwalk in Long Beach when we decided to listen to the concert series. The Storytellers were rocking out and the audience was loving it. We said, if we ever got married, we'd book this band. September 10, 2016,... Read More we got engaged, and by September 25, I had booked the storytellers with Sara. I was early for my January 13, 2018 wedding but I was not going to wait when I knew I loved this band. Because I am very intense and organized, I immediately paid our deposit (and some!) and began planning our first dance. I realized around 6 months before the wedding that I may have prematurely booked a band because I never heard them after that one night in long beach. Most of my friends were using a large company and I knew that the music can make or break a wedding. I started getting worried and dragged my fiancé and two best friends into the city to listen to them at O'Flanagans. WOW did I make the right choice! They ROCKED the entire place and people danced way into the night! Even my best friends, who are sometimes too honest, told me they were amazing!! Sara and her team were so easy to work with up to the wedding date. They set up the ceremony, cocktail hour and helped me work through the song list. They answered any and all questions and made my choices STRESS FREE. We were even able to add Travis at the last minute and we are SO happy we did. (IF YOU GET THE CHANCE, ADD TRAVIS!) January 13, 2018 was our wedding day and the food was great, flowers were beautiful and every detail was in place. But the ONLY thing people still talk about is the band. They played all of our absurd song choices (think I'm Alive by Celine Dion for the recessional!) BEAUTIFULLY and everyone, from our friends, parents friends to the grandparents were on the dance floor from the minute the doors opened. Every song they chose was amazing and it wasn't just one genre. They played it all. I would recommend to not be so particular about song choice and give them a wide range of music. I did NOT want a typical wedding band where they played the same 15 songs, I wanted a FUN party. When the last song played, everyone started cheering "ONE MORE SONG". I've been to over 25 weddings in the last 2 years and that's the ONLY time I've ever seen that. The storytellers immediately started playing another song and no one wanted them to stop! I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN HAPPIER. THE STORYTELLERS WERE THE BEST CHOICE I MADE FOR OUR WEDDING!!

Reviewed on 1/26/2018 Rita C

From the first note to the last the floor was just not full it was packed with all ages and spilling onto the carpet ! Your song selection and combinations were perfect - the voices and instruments incredible! Several people thought it was break music only to discover the... Read More band was STILL playing! We have been sharing your contact information and hope other brides are lucky to have you! And that we are on the invitation list.

Reviewed on 1/13/2018 Julia H

Booking the Storytellers was one of the best decisions we made. They are fantastic. Recommend them with the fullest enthusiasm. They are incredibly talented musicians, but most importantly, they know how to do weddings and make it a party. So many of our guest commented on how... Read More the band was a highlight of the night. The floor was packed the whole time. Special shout out to how well they played Springsteen, Billy Joel, and Bon Jovi (we had a big NY/NJ crowd). Sara was also very professional and managed the process seamlessly. Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/25/2017 Rachel N

WOW! I booked The Storytellers just from reading reviews and watching YouTube videos, and I was excited to post a review for other people who were looking for a band and depending on reviews as well. THIS BAND WAS AMAZING. Sara was extremely easy to work with throughout the... Read More entire process - she was polite, friendly, and replied quickly to emails. On the night of the wedding, the dance floor was PACKED the entire time. In fact, I think our wedding ended late because people kept on dancing! SO MANY PEOPLE have come up to my husband and me and told us how amazing the band was. It was a dance party all night. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Adam G

My buddy got married and his wife saw this band at another wedding, loved them, and booked them! I must say, we had a blast with this band! They really "told stories" and surely you can see the passion in what they play and sing. My only complaint is that my friends and I can't... Read More play with them. Ha! Let me know if you guys need another guitarist!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Rachel G

Book this band immediately! We had our wedding in June at Wave Hill and the Storytellers had the whole dance floor packed the entire time. They did a fabulous job at reading the room and played a good mix of tunes - high energy and also lower key classic rock. We've gotten... Read More compliments on our band from everyone who attended the wedding. Book them now!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 annie k

Stop reading and book this band!!!! The Storytellers undoubtedly made our June wedding and it truly would not have been the same without them. When we first saw the Storytellers at a friend’s wedding, we knew we needed them at ours. Their vibes, energy, chemistry, and talent is... Read More a combination that other wedding bands do not have, and believe me we have seen A LOT of wedding bands. From our initial communications with the band, Sara Jacovino was responsive, organized, and easy to talk to, always quick to respond to any questions or concerns we had. We had Storytellers perform at our ceremony, cocktail hour, and main event and they delivered unbelievable sound and excellence at each. Each and every song that we requested was either part of their repertoire or they were able to learn it with no problems or hesitation. In the weeks leading up to our wedding, we were able to communicate with Sara about preferred artists and songs choices, and also request new songs for the band to learn. Sara even surprised us with a song that I told her we loved, but hadn’t asked them to learn. The dance floor was packed the entire night and the Storytellers was able to accommodate interests of each of our guests, young and old. Our guests could not stop commenting how the Storytellers were the best wedding band they have ever seen. Many of our guests even said that if you closed your eyes, you felt like you were at a concert. The band rocked it and we are so thankful that we decided to work with the Storytellers. Not only are they unbelievably talented, but they are an awesome group of people to be around. We love the Storytellers and hope to see them at friend’s weddings in the future.

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Andrew M

We had Storytellers at our wedding in Bellport Country Club in June and they were so awesome! The whole night they had the dance floor packed and everyone was commenting on how great the band was playing a nice mix of older and more modern songs. There are 100% professional and... Read More accommodating, especially when it came to learning specific music for the special dances. As a musician myself, I must say that this band is very talented and know how to put on a great performance! I definitely recommend them for any wedding or special event.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Jen P

Best. Band. Ever! We first learned about The Storytellers from our coordinator at our venue and I am so happy we did. From the very beginning. Sara was a true pleasure to work with. She was professional and personable and super responsive and patient with me and my million... Read More questions. Our first dance was not on the band's list of songs so they had to learn it for us, and I can honestly say that their version sounded better than the original! The dance floor was filled the entire night and I am still getting texts from people weeks later saying how the band was the best they've ever heard. And I couldn't agree more - they truly made our wedding unforgettable!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Katlin D

UNBELIEVABLE BAND!!!!!! My husband and I got married this past April and with our busy schedules and our families being from opposite sides of the country our biggest priority was to have a incredible party; The Storytellers exceeded all of our expectations! The musicality was... Read More stellar, the vocals were flawless, their energy was endless, and they were nothing but professional! EVERYONE at our wedding could not stop talking about the band. I had guests who notoriously have not liked bands in the past rave about The Storytellers. They are truly exceptional! In addition to learning news songs, a modifying others for our personal taste, they paid very close attention to our song requests from their extensive song list. We can't say enough about this band; we wish in hindsight that we got a video of our wedding just to see them in action again as we and our guests danced the night away. Shout out to the flugelhorn, great ceremony vibe! lol The perfect suggestion as per Sara, the manager, who made the planning effortless.

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Karen G

Amazing band! Very versatile and energetic! The band leader, Sara, was soooo easy to work with and made the process a delight. They are very reasonably priced and are worth every penny! There should be no doubt in your mind if you want to work with them. Hands down they are... Read More AMAZING and guests at our wedding have still been raving at how great they were!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Rosaria B

Music is a such a key factor in a wedding reception and the Storytellers nailed it. The energy they have is contagious and the whole room was dancing the whole night! They are talented, proffessionals and from the day we booked them to the last song it was seamless! We are still... Read More receiving calls and texts from guests on how great they were!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Dan L

We saw East Side Stories at a family friends wedding and knew we needed them for our wedding! They were incredibly responsive and helpful during the pre wedding process, and very accommodating with some of our special requests. On the wedding day they were amazing. Our guests... Read More were up and dancing the entire time, which is everything we wanted! It's been about 5 months since our wedding and our friends and family are still talking about how great East Side Stories were at our big day!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Joanna M

We got married on January 7th, 2017 and The Storytellers Band ROCKED THE HOUSE. All of the hard work and effort that was put into our big day was thoroughly appreciated and definitely noticed. The band just blew us away! The sound, the music, the band's look, the formality... Read More dances and the super dance party at the end of the night were all Absolutelty incredible! I loved that we had a different band at our wedding and I we continue to receive emails, texts and phone calls about who the band was. So many guests said to us that the band impressed them so much they wanted to do their own wedding over again and use the storytellers! We cannot thank them enough for making our vision come true and Absolutelty rock the house all night long. We had very specific requests and taste and they knew exactly how to make it all work. We appreciate all of their time and attention to detail as well as their flexibility. We couldn't be more thrilled with our choice to use the storytellers on our wedding day! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Nan M

They were the band at my friend Dan's wedding. Their music was the usual wedding stuff but They were a big hit with the guests.but according to the bride and groom, the best thing about them. They had absolutely no trouble with them. Working with this vendor was effortless... Read More (they had issues with other vendors like the photographer). These guys want to please the audience and couple. They are not pretending to be stars or doing a cheesy act for their own egos like one jazz trio I recently saw with a sleazy acting singer.

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Susan M

The Storytellers Band is amazing!!!! They recently played at our wedding in December 2016 and far exceeded our expectations and truly made our wedding night the most fun incredible party!! Not only are they amazingly talented, they know exactly what songs to play so that every... Read More guest is dancing and singing their hearts out the entire night!! The energy of the night was so high and so much fun from beginning to end. I really wish we could do it again!! We did a lot of research on other bands and have been to a ton of weddings and I can honestly say The Storytellers band is the best of the best. They are very professional, accommodating, and work with you on every detail to make sure you are 100% happy. We also had their jazz trio play during cocktail hour which added such a great vibe to the start of the night. We could not be happier that we chose The Storytellers for our wedding - thank you for everything!!!!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Lauren O

The Storytellers Band is THE BEST. Leading up to our wedding, we spent lots of time seeing wedding bands perform - and when we came across the Storytellers - there was no comparison. Their sound is amazing. Their chemistry is amazing. Their variety is amazing. Their energy is... Read More amazing. Sara was incredibly responsive through the whole process all the way up to the wedding day. She answered all our questions in a timely manner and was a total pro. We had the best time on the dance floor with them by our side. The one constant we heard during and after the wedding was "your band was UNBELIEVABLE!"

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Brittany R

We were first introduced to The Storytellers at a friend's wedding and fell in love instantly. When we got engaged, we knew without a doubt that this was the band we wanted for our wedding. Throughout the entire process, Candace was extremely responsive and helpful. We felt we... Read More made the right decision from the start. A week prior to our wedding, Sarah had a call with us to review all the details once more which was totally reassuring. On the day of, they were ready to go, played incredible songs, and had our guests raving. As someone who works in Operations and was focused on the logistics of the day, I was extremely impressed with how organized the team was. We put our total trust in the band and their expertise and we were blown away by their energy, talent and ability to read the crowd and keep us dancing all night long.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Christina G

The Storytellers Band was the HIGHLIGHT of our entire wedding. Sara, who handles coordination with the band, was incredibly professional. She was very prompt with all of her e-mails and the band did a great job of capturing the type of music that we love. They appeal to every... Read More generation and their repertoire spans from Mariah Carey to Tom Petty-- it's incredible. Our guests can't stop talking about how amazing they were. They also do a great job of really amping up the crowd and making sure everyone dances and there is great energy.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Ashley B

This band is without a doubt the BEST BAND you could hire for any event! Since our wedding in October all of our guests have not stopped raving to us about how much they loved the band and it was obvious as our dance floor was completely packed the entire evening! They were so... Read More professional from the very first moment that I contacted them and the bandleader Sara was amazingly accommodating in every way! They went out of their way to learn a few special songs for my ceremony that were personalized for me as well as for the reception. Every detail was considered and at the end of the night I wanted to press rewind and start it all over again! I can only hope one of our friends will hire them we can party with them again but if not, we will absolutely be seeing them at one of their local shows in the city!! The musicians are fantastic and there is such a wire variety of vocals that you get every type of music which was perfect for us since all of our guests had eclectic taste. They got everyone up dancing, no matter the age! THANK YOU AGAIN!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Kyle S

Tremendously happy with our decision to have the Storytellers at our wedding! We had 150 guests and i think every single one has told me since the wedding that they loved the band and that they were the best they had ever seen / heard at a wedding! Could not have been better... Read More to work with, would EASILY recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Kate C

The Storytellar’s Band recently fueled a non-stop 4-hour dance party at our Fire Island wedding. As soon as the music stopped, guests sought my husband and I out to get the name of our incredible band. Not only were people awed by the skill of the musicians/vocalists but they... Read More loved the set list that included some classics as well as some surprising hits that got people out of the chairs instantly. Sara and the band were incredibly easy to work with (especially given our destination Fire Island wedding on a cold and rainy day) and put all our pre-wedding nerves at ease. We highly recommend them for your big event!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Molly M

You MUST get this band for your wedding (or any event!) They will absolutely make sure that you have one of the most fun, memorable weddings of all time. We first saw the Storytellers about 2 years ago at a friend's wedding in Greenwich, CT. I am not kidding you, absolutely... Read More EVERYONE was on the dance floor the ENTIRE time. I don't think anyone even sat down to eat dinner. Everyone kept commenting on how this one of the most fun weddings because of "that band." Months and years later my husband and I would still randomly bring up "that band" and how fun his wedding was (and we have been to A LOT of weddings - I think we actually went to about 11 weddings that year alone). Flash forward to our engagement, we HAD to book "that band." We contacted his friend to get their information and contacted the Storytellers immediately. I was actually pretty shocked at how affordable they were for a 10-piece band. We actually decided on a wedding date based on their availability (yes - they are THAT good). The Storytellers went above and beyond their reputation at our NYC wedding. Guests kept coming up to us ALL night telling us how amazing the band was. My sister and her boyfriend who are both professional musicians were extremely impressed by them (they were so impressed that they would get off the dance floor to get closer to the stage just watch them play). There were always tons of people on the dance floor at any given moment. They definitely made the night extremely special. They even learned "Dirty Water" (I'm from Boston :-) for the playlist! By booking the Storytellers, you are ensuring that your wedding will standout. You can't go wrong when you have "that band."

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Gabrielle N

You MUST book The Storytellers! My fiance and I heard a couple of bands in NYC before settling on them and they were fantastic. They have a wide range of songs they can sing and they sound AMAZING and everyone literally was raving about them during and even a week after. They... Read More read the room during our wedding and was able to cater to all ages where the whole room was dancing. They are responsive to emails as well as special requests and are willing to learn different songs up to 6 weeks in advance of your date. If you are looking for a band to get your guests up and dancing, you have to book The Storytellers!

Sara Jacovino

I'm Sara Jacovino and I'm the ringleader for Storytellers and East Side Stories Bands. I founded The Storytellers with my friends from the UNT College of Music- we played in ensembles during school and decided to launch our own band 8 years ago! Throwing the ultimate dance party is our passion. With over 15 years of experience in private events, we provide exceptional personalized service. We will assist in the planning of your event, MC all announcements, and learn special song requests that cater to your musical tastes. With monthly NYC club gigs, you can catch a live show before you book.