The Storytellers Band

Serving NY-CT-NJ-Long Island

For Non-Stop Dance Party People!

We play Modern Hits and Party Classics & will pack your dance floor with our killer playlist! We are young & energetic ... we LOVE the music we play & it shows! Serving the Tri-State NY Area. Visit our website for TONS of live video, photos, reviews, club show dates and more!

Hip-Hop, Pop, Rock

Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Brooklyn, NY Serving NY-CT-NJ-Long Island (917) 887-5459

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Tessa S

We got married on 8/22/15 in New York City and Storytellers were our band. They were FANTASTIC. They are very talented musicians, but what really sets them apart is the energy this band brings. All the guests could feel it and it helped our party flow perfectly and kept our... Read More guests on the dance floor all night. The Storytellers have a huge catalogue of songs that they know. Additionally, they even learned our first dance song and mixed a few versions to pinpoint the tempo that we practiced our dance to. I worked in advance with Sarah, the bandleader, to discuss the timeline and music selection (likes/dislikes/must plays) and she was very accommodating. When guests talk about our wedding the first thing they rave about is the band. We booked the Storytellers because we didn't want a cookie cutter agency band. And what we got with the Storytellers was an independent, authentic, talented band whose energy and engaging personalities made our party unforgettable. We also used the Storytellers for our ceremony and cocktail hour music. We had two musicians (Paul & John) on the guitar and the keyboard. They were also fantastic.

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Carly K

My wife and I made choosing the right band our number one priority as we began our wedding process. We met with a number of bands referred to us by friends, but left each meeting unimpressed. We turned to our venue (Crossed Keys Inn) for recommendations, and they immediately... Read More pointed us to the Storytellers. I reached out to Sara who was easily the nicest and most helpful person I dealt with in our search. She never once made us feel pressured into making a decision whereas a number of other bands presented us with a contract to sign in the initial meeting. We knew right away that this was who we wanted to join us on our wedding day. Having the opportunity to see Sara and her group at the Red Lion over the coming months only added to our excitement. Sara checked in with us continuously up until the wedding day that helped make this aspect of planning completely stress-free. The band learned three songs including two unconventional favorites of ours. They managed to blend the likes of Lauryn Hill, Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Wonder and Calvin Harris into an unbelievable set! Our guests were on the dance floor the entire night and would have kept going if it weren't for our venue closing down for the night. Our friends and family continue to compliment them to this day. Their style and uniqueness embodies NYC in every sense, a place that has played a big role in my wife and I's story. It was a privilege having them be a part of the most beautiful day of our lives. We can't recommend them enough.

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 JoAnna D

When you plan a big party like a wedding, it's so important that your guests enjoy themselves with great food and great music. Well, it's been a little over a month since The Storytellers performed at our wedding reception, & the compliments are STILL coming in from our friends... Read More & family! The band was absolutely extraordinary and if you are considering them for your event, you should definitely give them a call right now. When I first came across their website, I was looking for a band that could play a variety of music that would keep me (90s pop, Bruno Mars), my husband (80s R&B, Motown), and my parents (Oldies, Classic Rock) happy. Amazingly enough, The Storytellers had all this music in their repertoire, AND they sounded great playing it! (If you don't believe me, check out all their great videos and sound clips.) The dance floor was literally packed all night -- I know a lot of people say that, but it was really true! If our guests weren't eating, they were dancing! And after looking through some of our photos, I can tell that everyone from my aunts & uncles, to my college friends, & even the little flower girls had a blast! Candace and Sara were really nice about answering the dozens of emails I sent them during the planning process. For every question I asked, they had a prompt & thorough answer. They asked for a song list a few weeks before the event, & they managed to fit in all of my (and my husband's) favorite songs! The band was also willing to learn songs for us if needed, & super accommodating when our friend asked to sing for us (with band accompaniment) during the reception. They played our first dance and father-daughter dance beautifully too, and they were really memorable moments. My husband and I are forever grateful to The Storytellers for providing the soundtrack to the best night of our lives.

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Joanna M

We got married on January 7th, 2017 and The Storytellers Band ROCKED THE HOUSE. All of the hard work and effort that was put into our big day was thoroughly appreciated and definitely noticed. The band just blew us away! The sound, the music, the band's look, the formality... Read More dances and the super dance party at the end of the night were all Absolutelty incredible! I loved that we had a different band at our wedding and I we continue to receive emails, texts and phone calls about who the band was. So many guests said to us that the band impressed them so much they wanted to do their own wedding over again and use the storytellers! We cannot thank them enough for making our vision come true and Absolutelty rock the house all night long. We had very specific requests and taste and they knew exactly how to make it all work. We appreciate all of their time and attention to detail as well as their flexibility. We couldn't be more thrilled with our choice to use the storytellers on our wedding day! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Susan M

The Storytellers Band is amazing!!!! They recently played at our wedding in December 2016 and far exceeded our expectations and truly made our wedding night the most fun incredible party!! Not only are they amazingly talented, they know exactly what songs to play so that every... Read More guest is dancing and singing their hearts out the entire night!! The energy of the night was so high and so much fun from beginning to end. I really wish we could do it again!! We did a lot of research on other bands and have been to a ton of weddings and I can honestly say The Storytellers band is the best of the best. They are very professional, accommodating, and work with you on every detail to make sure you are 100% happy. We also had their jazz trio play during cocktail hour which added such a great vibe to the start of the night. We could not be happier that we chose The Storytellers for our wedding - thank you for everything!!!!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Lauren O

The Storytellers Band is THE BEST. Leading up to our wedding, we spent lots of time seeing wedding bands perform - and when we came across the Storytellers - there was no comparison. Their sound is amazing. Their chemistry is amazing. Their variety is amazing. Their energy is... Read More amazing. Sara was incredibly responsive through the whole process all the way up to the wedding day. She answered all our questions in a timely manner and was a total pro. We had the best time on the dance floor with them by our side. The one constant we heard during and after the wedding was "your band was UNBELIEVABLE!"

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Christina G

The Storytellers Band was the HIGHLIGHT of our entire wedding. Sara, who handles coordination with the band, was incredibly professional. She was very prompt with all of her e-mails and the band did a great job of capturing the type of music that we love. They appeal to every... Read More generation and their repertoire spans from Mariah Carey to Tom Petty-- it's incredible. Our guests can't stop talking about how amazing they were. They also do a great job of really amping up the crowd and making sure everyone dances and there is great energy.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Ashley B

This band is without a doubt the BEST BAND you could hire for any event! Since our wedding in October all of our guests have not stopped raving to us about how much they loved the band and it was obvious as our dance floor was completely packed the entire evening! They were so... Read More professional from the very first moment that I contacted them and the bandleader Sara was amazingly accommodating in every way! They went out of their way to learn a few special songs for my ceremony that were personalized for me as well as for the reception. Every detail was considered and at the end of the night I wanted to press rewind and start it all over again! I can only hope one of our friends will hire them we can party with them again but if not, we will absolutely be seeing them at one of their local shows in the city!! The musicians are fantastic and there is such a wire variety of vocals that you get every type of music which was perfect for us since all of our guests had eclectic taste. They got everyone up dancing, no matter the age! THANK YOU AGAIN!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Kyle S

Tremendously happy with our decision to have the Storytellers at our wedding! We had 150 guests and i think every single one has told me since the wedding that they loved the band and that they were the best they had ever seen / heard at a wedding! Could not have been better... Read More to work with, would EASILY recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Kate C

The Storytellar’s Band recently fueled a non-stop 4-hour dance party at our Fire Island wedding. As soon as the music stopped, guests sought my husband and I out to get the name of our incredible band. Not only were people awed by the skill of the musicians/vocalists but they... Read More loved the set list that included some classics as well as some surprising hits that got people out of the chairs instantly. Sara and the band were incredibly easy to work with (especially given our destination Fire Island wedding on a cold and rainy day) and put all our pre-wedding nerves at ease. We highly recommend them for your big event!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Molly M

You MUST get this band for your wedding (or any event!) They will absolutely make sure that you have one of the most fun, memorable weddings of all time. We first saw the Storytellers about 2 years ago at a friend's wedding in Greenwich, CT. I am not kidding you, absolutely... Read More EVERYONE was on the dance floor the ENTIRE time. I don't think anyone even sat down to eat dinner. Everyone kept commenting on how this one of the most fun weddings because of "that band." Months and years later my husband and I would still randomly bring up "that band" and how fun his wedding was (and we have been to A LOT of weddings - I think we actually went to about 11 weddings that year alone). Flash forward to our engagement, we HAD to book "that band." We contacted his friend to get their information and contacted the Storytellers immediately. I was actually pretty shocked at how affordable they were for a 10-piece band. We actually decided on a wedding date based on their availability (yes - they are THAT good). The Storytellers went above and beyond their reputation at our NYC wedding. Guests kept coming up to us ALL night telling us how amazing the band was. My sister and her boyfriend who are both professional musicians were extremely impressed by them (they were so impressed that they would get off the dance floor to get closer to the stage just watch them play). There were always tons of people on the dance floor at any given moment. They definitely made the night extremely special. They even learned "Dirty Water" (I'm from Boston :-) for the playlist! By booking the Storytellers, you are ensuring that your wedding will standout. You can't go wrong when you have "that band."

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Gabrielle N

You MUST book The Storytellers! My fiance and I heard a couple of bands in NYC before settling on them and they were fantastic. They have a wide range of songs they can sing and they sound AMAZING and everyone literally was raving about them during and even a week after. They... Read More read the room during our wedding and was able to cater to all ages where the whole room was dancing. They are responsive to emails as well as special requests and are willing to learn different songs up to 6 weeks in advance of your date. If you are looking for a band to get your guests up and dancing, you have to book The Storytellers!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Jenn W

From the moment my husband and I first met Sara and the Storytellers Band, to the moment our wedding ended, they made us feel special and excited. The band is composed of tremendously talented musicians and singers. I remember when my husband, my sister, and I went to the Red... Read More Lion in NYC to see the band play. By the second song, they had the entire bar up and dancing. It was at that point that I looked at my sister and husband and said, “We need this band.” At our wedding, the dance floor was crowded the entire night and not one person sat down. The Storytellers band not only played wonderful music, they got everyone amped up, they got everyone dancing, and they allowed everyone to have a fantastic time. I will never forget when they played their last song at our wedding and all of my guests began chanting, “One more song, one more song!” My guests are still talking about the Storytellers band to this day. We would recommend this band to anyone. Their song selection is extensive and they are always learning new songs. This group of talented musicians knows how to entertain a crowd and they truly do tell your story. Jenn and Jeff Kapner

Reviewed on 8/01/2016

This band is an absolute must for any wedding. My family was avidly against a band after we told them we had booked The Storytellers. Here we are 6 months later and the band is all they can talk about. Actually, all of our guests have told us they loved the band. Every song... Read More sounds like the original artist is in the room with you, sometimes better than the original. They are true entertainers and professionals and kept everyone on the dance floor all night. Besides being wonderful entertainers, this group moved mountains to get to our wedding. My wife and I were married in January 2016 during Winter Storm Jonas and grew concerned when roads began to close and public transportation began to shut down. Would our vendors make it for our big day? My wife and I were devastated as we had seen The Storytellers many times in NYC and were looking forward to having them at our wedding, but Sara assured us they were on their way. Next thing we know every member of the band comes walking in covered in snow and lugging heavy equipment. They lugged their instruments onto the NYC subway and found their way to our wedding in the blizzard. We are so grateful and blessed to have such wonderful entertainers at our wedding. To this day the number one comment we get is "THAT BAND!!!!" If you do one thing to make your wedding memorable, hire The Storytellers. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Alexandra L

Absolutely amazing! We got married at Liberty Warehouse in July of 2016 and The Storytellers were our band. I can't tell you how many guests said they were the highlight of the party!! They have an amazing selection of songs and are very accommodating to special requests. I had... Read More a crazy situation where I had to postpone my wedding 10 days before the date because of a medical emergency and Sara was extremely supportive and accommodating. I am so grateful to them for making our party so fun and great!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Casey R

As the groom, I was in charge of one thing: the band. I am so happy I picked Storytellers. Everything from dealing with the band manager to the event itself exceeded my expectations. I saw the band play 2 live shows in NYC before our wedding and they were perfect -- and most... Read More importantly -- had the crowd dancing. To me, the question was whether this formula would translate to a formal (black tie) wedding. The answer is a resounding YES. The band played a great mix of music (that we helped in pre-selecting) and had the crowd dancing from the first to the last dance. The MC, the horn section, the vocalists - they are all very talented musicians and it shows -- believe me. I received many compliments on the band following the wedding and am more than happy to recommend Storytellers. For reference, our wedding was May 2016.

Reviewed on 2/03/2016 Dina K

The Storytellers are an amazing band! They made our wedding a huge party! All the guests raved about the awesome music and amazing voices in the band! On top of that they read the room perfectly and switched up the tempo and style of music to exactly match the mood and energy of... Read More the crowd. At the end of the night everyone was still dancing hard even if they where too tired or drunk to stand!! We especially appreciate the extra songs they learned. It really made it a special night all the way from the ceremony to the very end (and an extra song after!) of the reception. My father plays the sax it was really great that he got to play a few songs with the band and play the Mother-son dance. Working with Sara and others in the band was also a great experience - they were always responsive and addressed all of our questions and concerns quickly and super professionally. Our wedding was an amazing, fun, high-energy night - and it was entirely thanks to the Storytellers. We would recommend them without any hesitation.

Reviewed on 8/29/2015 Erin d

BOOK THIS BAND! I used the Storytellers for my wedding this past June. I had been to a few weddings where they had played and saw them play a few times in the city and loved them so I knew I had to book them for my wedding! Sara (the band leader) was extremely responsive and... Read More answered all of my questions. The lead singers, Travis, Christina, and Quay were amazing! It is a larger piece band (they were compact in size though) and it seemed like almost everyone was singing at some point which made the songs sound like you could be listening to the radio. They were so personable and interacted with the guests on the dance floor, they looked like they were having just as much fun as the guests! They didn't skip a beat and they were able to read the crowd and anticipate what songs to play. I had a couple of "must play" requests and they did such an amazing performance. After the wedding people couldn't stop telling me how great the band was! Literally every person I saw after the wedding commented on the band. We had some financial reservations about using a band or a DJ when we first started planning but there's something about having a live band that doesn't compare to a DJ and Storytellers is the best of the best! I couldn't have been happier with my choice.

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Rachel C

We hired Storytellers to play during our wedding reception at Bedell Cellars in Cutchogue, NY. Not only was Sara a pleasure to work with in the days/weeks leading up to the wedding but when the day arrived she and the band were FANTASTIC! They really exceeded all of our... Read More expectations - even now our guests cannot stop talking about how amazing they were. Everyone was on the dance floor all night until literally the last song. They nailed our father/daughter (Ray Charles), mother/son (Louis Armstrong), and first dance (Brett Elderidge) songs to a T and they even let my sister guest sing a few songs with them during dancing. Everyone seemed to be having a blast, including the band members themselves. When the night ended (we had to cut off music at 10:30PM sharp due to noise ordinances), Sarah came up to my husband gushing about the amazing time they had and how they would have loved to play longer! If we ever need a band again we know who to call. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended!!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Zoe E

We first heard The Storytellers at a dear friends' wedding in the Hamptons. Being at this wedding was basically like being at an awesome concert where you dance the whole time....thanks to this BAND! So it was a natural choice for us because we wanted to PARTY at our own... Read More wedding. Sara is very thorough and flexible in terms of learning songs etc. We even had them play a duet for our ceremony and cocktail hour...it was perfect. They really have a wide range of songs and are super flexible about learning new songs (some bands will not learn new music and will only do so if you pay for it). Hire these guys. Worth every penny.

Great musicians, highly professional customer service

Reviewed on 12/02/2014 Aaron S

We were extremely happy with our selection of Storytellers. Sara was incredibly responsive, answered all of our questions leading up to the event, and had a pre-event checklist to make sure we covered all the details. The band learned multiple custom songs for our first dance... Read More and parent dances. Most importantly, the musicians are all awesome; the dance floor was packed from start to finish. All of our guests commented on how great the band was and how impressed they were at how many of the band members were lead singers for one song or another. This is a group with a lot of depth and musical talent. We went to see them play at a bar before we booked them and were impressed right away. Highly recommended!

The Best Wedding Band out there! By far!

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Stephanie D

My wife and I were lucky enough to have the Storytellers play our wedding a couple of weeks ago. The Storytellers Band are honestly the best band I have ever seen at a wedding. First off, they were incredibly professional and organized during the planning process. Sara was... Read More always quick to respond to emails and super friendly. As most are aware, music can make or break your wedding. We spent a lot of time checking out all different bands as this was a priority to us, and the Storytellers were by far the best one we saw. Come wedding night, they played the ceremony, cocktail hour and of course, reception with absolute perfection. Each member of the band is unbelievably talented. The singers are all insanely good. Travis is a great entertainer, keeping the crowd engaged at all times. The dance floor was packed from start to finish. When the party came to an end, people did not want to leave. Friends and family have continually told us how good the band was. I cannot recommend the Storytellers Band enough. They made our wedding so special. Hire them for any event. You will not regret it!

Best Wedding Planning Decision

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Ayelet D

How many decisions do we have to make when planning a wedding? Only hundreds, right? Well, let me help you make the best and easiest decision you will make by hiring The Storytellers for your wedding. It was undoubtedly the best decision we made as they were the reason we had... Read More such an incredible wedding. They were absolutely phenomenal. We originally saw them at the Red Lion so knew they would bring a ton of energy to the wedding and it would be a great party. Boy were we ever right, but in addition to their infectious energy, they sounded better than we could have ever remembered or hoped for! I know everyone says this, but literally, EVERYONE, to this day is still talking about and asking us about The Storytellers. The dance floor was PACKED THE ENTIRE NIGHT and they sounded fantastic!!! Their song choices throughout the wedding were so spot on as well. In addition, Sara and the rest of the band are so easy to work with. Planning a wedding is insane, and she made it so easy on us! We cannot say enough how much we love this band for the performance they put on and making our wedding a big hit. We supposedly had the best wedding ever, and this is not just coming from those fake people in our lives (we all know who they are), but from people who never have a nice thing to say!!! (we all know who these people are as well). Can't say enough....love, love, love. If you are deciding on a band and in between a few to choose from, do yourselves a favor and just pick The Storytellers!!!!!!!! It will be the best decision you make during the chaotic process of wedding planning. Not only will you not be disappointed, you will be amazed and elated with how fantastic they sound and all of the compliments you will receive from your guests. Do it!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

The first time I heard the Storyteller Band, I was hooked! I was looking for a Band for my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary. The Band was able to play many different genres of music and had the crowd dancing all night long. You can feel their joy in music! If you are looking... Read More for a really excellent, all around exciting band, you have found one!

Amazing Band

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Stephanie L

I can't say enough good things about the storytellers. What you should know: (1) Sara is extremely responsive and professional. When you speak with her, you realize that she's done a lot of wedding and she just gets it. There's no need to explain how you want things done or... Read More select every song. (2) Also, storyteller's is a real band that plays shows around NYC all the times. So, unlike other bands that (a) aren't really bands and (b) only play at weddings, you can see the storytellers (multiple times if you want) before your wedding. My fiance and I love live music so we saw them a few times for fun, but it also helps give you a sense of what their best songs are. (3) They're great at bars, but they're AWESOME at the wedding. The vibe is great and it feels like they kick it up a notch. (4) At our wedding, the dance floor was packed, even with relatives who I've never seen dance at a wedding. I had two friends ask me within a week of the wedding for their contact information. "Best band I've ever seen at a wedding" was the most frequent comment. These guys are just excellent at what they do and they completely made our wedding. No reason to look elsewhere!

Start a Conversation!