For Non-Stop Dance Party People!

Throwing the ultimate dance party is our passion! We play true variety with Modern Hits-Party Classics-Motown-Radio Hits from all decades - and we will pack your dance floor with our killer playlist of over 600 songs. We LOVE the music we play & it shows! Visit our website for TONS of live video, photos, reviews, club shows, concerts and more. We always tailor our services to suit your preferences. Whatever you want, we can make it happen.

Instruments

Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Vocals

Dance, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment

Ditmas Park, Brooklyn, NY NY-NJ-Long Is-CT (917) 887-5459

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Jen P

Best. Band. Ever! We first learned about The Storytellers from our coordinator at our venue and I am so happy we did. From the very beginning. Sara was a true pleasure to work with. She was professional and personable and super responsive and patient with me and my million... Read More questions. Our first dance was not on the band's list of songs so they had to learn it for us, and I can honestly say that their version sounded better than the original! The dance floor was filled the entire night and I am still getting texts from people weeks later saying how the band was the best they've ever heard. And I couldn't agree more - they truly made our wedding unforgettable!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Jen P

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Katlin D

UNBELIEVABLE BAND!!!!!! My husband and I got married this past April and with our busy schedules and our families being from opposite sides of the country our biggest priority was to have a incredible party; The Storytellers exceeded all of our expectations! The musicality was... Read More stellar, the vocals were flawless, their energy was endless, and they were nothing but professional! EVERYONE at our wedding could not stop talking about the band. I had guests who notoriously have not liked bands in the past rave about The Storytellers. They are truly exceptional! In addition to learning news songs, a modifying others for our personal taste, they paid very close attention to our song requests from their extensive song list. We can't say enough about this band; we wish in hindsight that we got a video of our wedding just to see them in action again as we and our guests danced the night away. Shout out to the flugelhorn, great ceremony vibe! lol The perfect suggestion as per Sara, the manager, who made the planning effortless.

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Karen G

Amazing band! Very versatile and energetic! The band leader, Sara, was soooo easy to work with and made the process a delight. They are very reasonably priced and are worth every penny! There should be no doubt in your mind if you want to work with them. Hands down they are... Read More AMAZING and guests at our wedding have still been raving at how great they were!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Rosaria B

Music is a such a key factor in a wedding reception and the Storytellers nailed it. The energy they have is contagious and the whole room was dancing the whole night! They are talented, proffessionals and from the day we booked them to the last song it was seamless! We are still... Read More receiving calls and texts from guests on how great they were!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Dan L

We saw East Side Stories at a family friends wedding and knew we needed them for our wedding! They were incredibly responsive and helpful during the pre wedding process, and very accommodating with some of our special requests. On the wedding day they were amazing. Our guests... Read More were up and dancing the entire time, which is everything we wanted! It's been about 5 months since our wedding and our friends and family are still talking about how great East Side Stories were at our big day!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Joanna M

We got married on January 7th, 2017 and The Storytellers Band ROCKED THE HOUSE. All of the hard work and effort that was put into our big day was thoroughly appreciated and definitely noticed. The band just blew us away! The sound, the music, the band's look, the formality... Read More dances and the super dance party at the end of the night were all Absolutelty incredible! I loved that we had a different band at our wedding and I we continue to receive emails, texts and phone calls about who the band was. So many guests said to us that the band impressed them so much they wanted to do their own wedding over again and use the storytellers! We cannot thank them enough for making our vision come true and Absolutelty rock the house all night long. We had very specific requests and taste and they knew exactly how to make it all work. We appreciate all of their time and attention to detail as well as their flexibility. We couldn't be more thrilled with our choice to use the storytellers on our wedding day! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Nan M

They were the band at my friend Dan's wedding. Their music was the usual wedding stuff but They were a big hit with the guests.but according to the bride and groom, the best thing about them. They had absolutely no trouble with them. Working with this vendor was effortless... Read More (they had issues with other vendors like the photographer). These guys want to please the audience and couple. They are not pretending to be stars or doing a cheesy act for their own egos like one jazz trio I recently saw with a sleazy acting singer.

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Susan M

The Storytellers Band is amazing!!!! They recently played at our wedding in December 2016 and far exceeded our expectations and truly made our wedding night the most fun incredible party!! Not only are they amazingly talented, they know exactly what songs to play so that every... Read More guest is dancing and singing their hearts out the entire night!! The energy of the night was so high and so much fun from beginning to end. I really wish we could do it again!! We did a lot of research on other bands and have been to a ton of weddings and I can honestly say The Storytellers band is the best of the best. They are very professional, accommodating, and work with you on every detail to make sure you are 100% happy. We also had their jazz trio play during cocktail hour which added such a great vibe to the start of the night. We could not be happier that we chose The Storytellers for our wedding - thank you for everything!!!!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Lauren O

The Storytellers Band is THE BEST. Leading up to our wedding, we spent lots of time seeing wedding bands perform - and when we came across the Storytellers - there was no comparison. Their sound is amazing. Their chemistry is amazing. Their variety is amazing. Their energy is... Read More amazing. Sara was incredibly responsive through the whole process all the way up to the wedding day. She answered all our questions in a timely manner and was a total pro. We had the best time on the dance floor with them by our side. The one constant we heard during and after the wedding was "your band was UNBELIEVABLE!"

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Brittany R

We were first introduced to The Storytellers at a friend's wedding and fell in love instantly. When we got engaged, we knew without a doubt that this was the band we wanted for our wedding. Throughout the entire process, Candace was extremely responsive and helpful. We felt we... Read More made the right decision from the start. A week prior to our wedding, Sarah had a call with us to review all the details once more which was totally reassuring. On the day of, they were ready to go, played incredible songs, and had our guests raving. As someone who works in Operations and was focused on the logistics of the day, I was extremely impressed with how organized the team was. We put our total trust in the band and their expertise and we were blown away by their energy, talent and ability to read the crowd and keep us dancing all night long.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Christina G

The Storytellers Band was the HIGHLIGHT of our entire wedding. Sara, who handles coordination with the band, was incredibly professional. She was very prompt with all of her e-mails and the band did a great job of capturing the type of music that we love. They appeal to every... Read More generation and their repertoire spans from Mariah Carey to Tom Petty-- it's incredible. Our guests can't stop talking about how amazing they were. They also do a great job of really amping up the crowd and making sure everyone dances and there is great energy.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Ashley B

This band is without a doubt the BEST BAND you could hire for any event! Since our wedding in October all of our guests have not stopped raving to us about how much they loved the band and it was obvious as our dance floor was completely packed the entire evening! They were so... Read More professional from the very first moment that I contacted them and the bandleader Sara was amazingly accommodating in every way! They went out of their way to learn a few special songs for my ceremony that were personalized for me as well as for the reception. Every detail was considered and at the end of the night I wanted to press rewind and start it all over again! I can only hope one of our friends will hire them we can party with them again but if not, we will absolutely be seeing them at one of their local shows in the city!! The musicians are fantastic and there is such a wire variety of vocals that you get every type of music which was perfect for us since all of our guests had eclectic taste. They got everyone up dancing, no matter the age! THANK YOU AGAIN!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Kyle S

Tremendously happy with our decision to have the Storytellers at our wedding! We had 150 guests and i think every single one has told me since the wedding that they loved the band and that they were the best they had ever seen / heard at a wedding! Could not have been better... Read More to work with, would EASILY recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Kate C

The Storytellar’s Band recently fueled a non-stop 4-hour dance party at our Fire Island wedding. As soon as the music stopped, guests sought my husband and I out to get the name of our incredible band. Not only were people awed by the skill of the musicians/vocalists but they... Read More loved the set list that included some classics as well as some surprising hits that got people out of the chairs instantly. Sara and the band were incredibly easy to work with (especially given our destination Fire Island wedding on a cold and rainy day) and put all our pre-wedding nerves at ease. We highly recommend them for your big event!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Molly M

You MUST get this band for your wedding (or any event!) They will absolutely make sure that you have one of the most fun, memorable weddings of all time. We first saw the Storytellers about 2 years ago at a friend's wedding in Greenwich, CT. I am not kidding you, absolutely... Read More EVERYONE was on the dance floor the ENTIRE time. I don't think anyone even sat down to eat dinner. Everyone kept commenting on how this one of the most fun weddings because of "that band." Months and years later my husband and I would still randomly bring up "that band" and how fun his wedding was (and we have been to A LOT of weddings - I think we actually went to about 11 weddings that year alone). Flash forward to our engagement, we HAD to book "that band." We contacted his friend to get their information and contacted the Storytellers immediately. I was actually pretty shocked at how affordable they were for a 10-piece band. We actually decided on a wedding date based on their availability (yes - they are THAT good). The Storytellers went above and beyond their reputation at our NYC wedding. Guests kept coming up to us ALL night telling us how amazing the band was. My sister and her boyfriend who are both professional musicians were extremely impressed by them (they were so impressed that they would get off the dance floor to get closer to the stage just watch them play). There were always tons of people on the dance floor at any given moment. They definitely made the night extremely special. They even learned "Dirty Water" (I'm from Boston :-) for the playlist! By booking the Storytellers, you are ensuring that your wedding will standout. You can't go wrong when you have "that band."

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Gabrielle N

You MUST book The Storytellers! My fiance and I heard a couple of bands in NYC before settling on them and they were fantastic. They have a wide range of songs they can sing and they sound AMAZING and everyone literally was raving about them during and even a week after. They... Read More read the room during our wedding and was able to cater to all ages where the whole room was dancing. They are responsive to emails as well as special requests and are willing to learn different songs up to 6 weeks in advance of your date. If you are looking for a band to get your guests up and dancing, you have to book The Storytellers!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Jenn W

From the moment my husband and I first met Sara and the Storytellers Band, to the moment our wedding ended, they made us feel special and excited. The band is composed of tremendously talented musicians and singers. I remember when my husband, my sister, and I went to the Red... Read More Lion in NYC to see the band play. By the second song, they had the entire bar up and dancing. It was at that point that I looked at my sister and husband and said, “We need this band.” At our wedding, the dance floor was crowded the entire night and not one person sat down. The Storytellers band not only played wonderful music, they got everyone amped up, they got everyone dancing, and they allowed everyone to have a fantastic time. I will never forget when they played their last song at our wedding and all of my guests began chanting, “One more song, one more song!” My guests are still talking about the Storytellers band to this day. We would recommend this band to anyone. Their song selection is extensive and they are always learning new songs. This group of talented musicians knows how to entertain a crowd and they truly do tell your story. Jenn and Jeff Kapner

Reviewed on 8/01/2016

This band is an absolute must for any wedding. My family was avidly against a band after we told them we had booked The Storytellers. Here we are 6 months later and the band is all they can talk about. Actually, all of our guests have told us they loved the band. Every song... Read More sounds like the original artist is in the room with you, sometimes better than the original. They are true entertainers and professionals and kept everyone on the dance floor all night. Besides being wonderful entertainers, this group moved mountains to get to our wedding. My wife and I were married in January 2016 during Winter Storm Jonas and grew concerned when roads began to close and public transportation began to shut down. Would our vendors make it for our big day? My wife and I were devastated as we had seen The Storytellers many times in NYC and were looking forward to having them at our wedding, but Sara assured us they were on their way. Next thing we know every member of the band comes walking in covered in snow and lugging heavy equipment. They lugged their instruments onto the NYC subway and found their way to our wedding in the blizzard. We are so grateful and blessed to have such wonderful entertainers at our wedding. To this day the number one comment we get is "THAT BAND!!!!" If you do one thing to make your wedding memorable, hire The Storytellers. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Alexandra L

Absolutely amazing! We got married at Liberty Warehouse in July of 2016 and The Storytellers were our band. I can't tell you how many guests said they were the highlight of the party!! They have an amazing selection of songs and are very accommodating to special requests. I had... Read More a crazy situation where I had to postpone my wedding 10 days before the date because of a medical emergency and Sara was extremely supportive and accommodating. I am so grateful to them for making our party so fun and great!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Casey R

As the groom, I was in charge of one thing: the band. I am so happy I picked Storytellers. Everything from dealing with the band manager to the event itself exceeded my expectations. I saw the band play 2 live shows in NYC before our wedding and they were perfect -- and most... Read More importantly -- had the crowd dancing. To me, the question was whether this formula would translate to a formal (black tie) wedding. The answer is a resounding YES. The band played a great mix of music (that we helped in pre-selecting) and had the crowd dancing from the first to the last dance. The MC, the horn section, the vocalists - they are all very talented musicians and it shows -- believe me. I received many compliments on the band following the wedding and am more than happy to recommend Storytellers. For reference, our wedding was May 2016.

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Alyssa E

My husband and I had The Storytellers perform at our wedding in May 2016 and they without a doubt made the night! They were absolutely incredible during the reception and the musicians did a great job performing during the ceremony and cocktail hour as well. The band members are... Read More all extremely talented and have an amazing amount of energy. The band was able to read the crowd really well to keep everyone—young and old—on the dance floor all night. After our wedding, our wedding guests could not stop talking about how amazing the band was and many even said that they’ve never heard such a great band at a wedding! During the wedding planning process, we had researched a ton of bands online and ended up going to see a few of them play. After seeing The Storytellers perform, it was an easy decision for us. We really liked that they felt like a “real band” vs. a typical wedding band and that their performance felt like a concert. They promised an amazing dance party when we booked them and that is definitely what we got! When I first spoke to The Storytellers, I was a little nervous about the fact that they take two brief breaks during the reception since some other bands we looked into emphasized "continuous music." However, Sara had explained the rationale behind these breaks (besides from the band members being human and needing a break—whenever the band would play, it would be all of the band together with their full energy vs. musicians coming in and out). This worked out very well and we didn't even notice when they weren't playing since it was at natural times in the evening and they would put on iPod music. Additionally, it was an absolute pleasure to work with Sara from The Storytellers on all of the logistics leading up to the event. She was very organized, provided many helpful recommendations and was patient answering all of our questions. We can’t recommend The Storytellers enough. You will without a doubt be happy if you choose to book them!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Jen S

The Storytellers played at our wedding last weekend and they were AMAZING. They kept our dance floor packed all night and totally made our wedding. They're extremely talented and so versatile, and their covers sound so similar to the original songs! We actually saw The... Read More Storytellers play at a different wedding two weeks before ours and they were amazing, but our wedding was a totally different performance. We absolutely loved them and would recommend them wholeheartedly! When we were initially looking for a wedding band, we were kind of frustrated with the band brokers that were trying to sell us bands that we'd never actually meet or see before our wedding day. The Storytellers were SO easy to work with and so helpful with planning out our reception! Their website does not do them justice - go check out one of their live performances

Reviewed on 2/03/2016 Dina K

The Storytellers are an amazing band! They made our wedding a huge party! All the guests raved about the awesome music and amazing voices in the band! On top of that they read the room perfectly and switched up the tempo and style of music to exactly match the mood and energy of... Read More the crowd. At the end of the night everyone was still dancing hard even if they where too tired or drunk to stand!! We especially appreciate the extra songs they learned. It really made it a special night all the way from the ceremony to the very end (and an extra song after!) of the reception. My father plays the sax it was really great that he got to play a few songs with the band and play the Mother-son dance. Working with Sara and others in the band was also a great experience - they were always responsive and addressed all of our questions and concerns quickly and super professionally. Our wedding was an amazing, fun, high-energy night - and it was entirely thanks to the Storytellers. We would recommend them without any hesitation.

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Tessa S

We got married on 8/22/15 in New York City and Storytellers were our band. They were FANTASTIC. They are very talented musicians, but what really sets them apart is the energy this band brings. All the guests could feel it and it helped our party flow perfectly and kept our... Read More guests on the dance floor all night. The Storytellers have a huge catalogue of songs that they know. Additionally, they even learned our first dance song and mixed a few versions to pinpoint the tempo that we practiced our dance to. I worked in advance with Sarah, the bandleader, to discuss the timeline and music selection (likes/dislikes/must plays) and she was very accommodating. When guests talk about our wedding the first thing they rave about is the band. We booked the Storytellers because we didn't want a cookie cutter agency band. And what we got with the Storytellers was an independent, authentic, talented band whose energy and engaging personalities made our party unforgettable. We also used the Storytellers for our ceremony and cocktail hour music. We had two musicians (Paul & John) on the guitar and the keyboard. They were also fantastic.

Sara Jacovino

I'm Sara Jacovino and I'm the ringleader for Storytellers and East Side Stories Bands. I founded The Storytellers with my friends from the UNT College of Music- we played in ensembles during school and decided to launch our own band 8 years ago! Throwing the ultimate dance party is our passion. With over 15 years of experience in private events, we provide exceptional personalized service. We will assist in the planning of your event, MC all announcements, and learn special song requests that cater to your musical tastes. With monthly NYC club gigs, you can catch a live show before you book.