Breathtaking Ocean Views with an Intimate Garden

Built in 1927, this extraordinary Clubhouse sits on a 1/2 acre of stunning ocean view property in Point Loma. The blooming gardens offer an intimate space for your ceremony, seating up to 135 with standing room for 15 on our west balcony. Inside, amongst historic detailing, you’ll find many gathering spaces for your guests (up to 175 for a seated reception) to mingle and celebrate.

Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Park

Destination Weddings, Rentals + Equipment

1224 Santa Barbara St, San Diego, CA (619) 224-5264

Hidden Gem!

Reviewed on 5/28/2015

Best wedding venue we could have ever hoped for! We live in Las Vegas, we took a weekend to go down to San Diego to look for wedding venues, the Thursday Club was our second stop. We both knew immediately following our visit that this was the place! Chris the manager is so... Read More helpful and quick to respond to email or phone calls which was particularly important because we were in another state. The venue is just a couple blocks from the Sunset Cliffs but far enough away that you don't have to deal with tourist traffic. We were able to use our creative minds to create the perfect setup, Chris even let us come in to try it out a few months prior to the wedding. Our wedding day was absolutely incredible, our guests especially loved the ocean views. If you are looking for a wedding venue, look no further this is the place!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Jen E

I cannot say enough good things about The Thursday Club. Not only is this venue beautiful and historic, the views are absolutely stunning. The support from the events manager is thorough and reassuring. The contract was easy to understand and payment was super easy. The venue... Read More supplies all tables and chairs, allowing for a variety of set-up options. Uplighting and hanging string lights are available through the venue. There are a few limitations on timing, materials, etc due to the historic nature of the building and its location but if you can't appreciate why these rules are in place, you shouldn't be getting married in a historic building. The Thursday Club requires you to use one of their preferred catering companies. I was irritated to be so limited at first, but it ended up being an ideal scenario. We went with Epic Catering and Lisa (the owner) knew exactly what could and could not be done at TTC, what table set-ups worked well in the space, and how to manage events there. This left little to manage on our side, which significantly reduced our stress! Our family and friends could not stop raving about how incredible the views were from the venue and how beautiful the space is. We could not agree more!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Tim T

We were just married at the Thursday Club this weekend and we couldn't be happier with how everything went! First, the manager (Chris Erickson) was the best to work with - he was easygoing and professional from the start, and made us and our whole crew feel very welcome. You... Read More couldn't ask for a nicer guy to work with and anyone who has planned a wedding knows you have a LOT of contact with your venue prior to the event. All our expectations were met and then some. The venue itself is gorgeous - beautiful ocean views and historical charm to the building that is beyond compare. My family has had several weddings in the last few years and I received many compliments that this venue was by far the best. And, considering all we received, the Thursday Club was a bargain compared to other venues we researched. If we could give the Thursday Club more than a five star rating we would. I highly recommend that you consider this venue for your wedding or other special occasion.

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Christina H

We had the best experience with the Thursday club, everything was perfect. Thank you so much to Chris the manager he was so helpful and easy to get in contact with when we needed anything. Would highly recommend to anyone, it's a beautiful spot!

Great Location!

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 Leslie S

I loved the location and it was perfect for our wedding. Lots of room for kids to run around, Tom and Cookie were easy to work with (no email, but that's ok), and it's in a beautiful location. Too bad that they close at 9:00 but we went to a bar after and that was a lot of... Read More fun.

2015-03-05T08:28:51 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review! This is Chris, the new manager here at The Thursday Club. I've made good communication a priority. Feel free to email, phone, or schedule site visits. :)

Perfect location, bad communication

Reviewed on 7/22/2013 Melanie C

The Thursday Club was the perfect location for my wedding. It's low-key and gorgeous. Your price includes location only - you have to bring in all your own vendors. It's very affordable, parking is easy, and the grounds are beautifully kept. That said, the venue staff NEVER... Read More answer the phone when you call, and it can take up to two weeks for them to return a message. I found this to be very frustrating when I was trying to make decisions about rentals and vendors. I needed table sizes to choose linens, a detailed list of what the venue provided, etc. and it was very challenging getting in touch with anyone at The Thursday Club. When they did finally return my calls, the staff was short and almost abrasive. They definitely need to work on their customer service.

2015-02-20T10:49:20 Response from the vendor

This is Chris Erickson, the new manager here at The Thursday Club. Thanks for the feedback! I've made it a priority to return calls and emails promptly and provide excellent hospitality. I know these are both extremely important for such a special occasion.

Great Venue

Reviewed on 5/15/2013 Samantha O

The Thursday Club is a perfect venue for a wedding. It has a beautiful garden to get married in and balconies all over to watch the sunset. All of our guests loved the views of the ocean. Tom and Cookie were great. They always answered my questions promptly.

Wedding of our dreams!

Reviewed on 4/21/2013 christina s

My husband and I had our wedding at The Thursday Club on Saturday, April 6th. It was truly our dream wedding venue, I had stalked it online for weeks and when we finally went to see it, we knew this is where we were going to become husband and wife. Before I get anymore... Read More mushy about how in love with our venue we are, I'll talk about space: TC was a perfect size for our wedding--about 100 people came, but since we had a large bridal party (16 people) who would be standing, we only needed 84 ceremony seats. It was perfect. We had the reception tables set up so that our sweetheart table was right next to the stage, the dance floor was in the middle, and the tables were set up around the dance floor. We had ten round tables. You have the option of either using the tables from TC, or having your caterer bring them in for you (we chose the latter since it would be easier for our caterer to set them up--we used Ranch Events and it was only $4 per table to rent.) We had a photo booth set up in the sitting room area, close to where the buffet was set up, and our cocktail hour out on the balcony. We already knew how beautiful and perfect our venue was--you absolutely cannot beat the view of the ocean, the natural beauty of the garden, and the charm of the entire house and surrounding neighborhood. But our guests were truly in love with the venue. We started our ceremony 30 minutes late (had a little issue with our officiant--I told her the wrong time, GASP!) and our photographer (the amazing James Maciariello) told us, worst-case scenario, our guests get to be in the gorgeous San Diego weather for a few extra minutes. (Also--nobody noticed we were even late! So he was right.) Almost every single one of our guests told us it was the most beautiful wedding venue they'd ever seen. (It was incredibly hard not to excitedly squeal, "I know, right??!!!" but I wanted to be modest!!) Some people consider the rules of TC as negatives, but they weren't a problem at all for us. Your wedding needs to be completely over by 9pm. We worked with this by starting our wedding at 2pm (ample time to party!) and by having our DJ announce our sparkler exit at about 8:45pm. You can only have beer, wine, and champagne (and you can't have any kegs). Also not a problem because we went with a caterer that allowed us to bring our own alcohol in, which saved us a lot of money. Also, the $3000 you pay is for a six-hour rental period only. After that, it is $100 for each extra hour. That was fine with us and it's definitely something they tell you before you sign your contract. I got ready at the venue and paid the extra $$ because I didn't like any of the local inns/hotels super close to the venue and didn't want to be more than 5 minutes away. We had the wedding of our dreams at The Thursday Club, and I highly recommend it to anyone planning a wedding. Your search should stop right here, because you can't find a venue more perfect!

Breathe Taking Views

Reviewed on 4/18/2013 Brooklyn S

You can't beat the beautiful ocean views the Thursday Club has to offer. The water in the background of our ceremony pictures look like the Caribbean. In fact, a few San Diegians have even asked where the photo is and are surprised it's Point Loma! We had a garden ceremony and... Read More the reception was in their vast dining hall. The dance floor was huge and guests had the veranda to go cool down after dancing. There are lots of rules and reguations to this venue so read the contract carefully!

Wedding at the Thursday CLub

Reviewed on 3/05/2013 Amelia C

This venue is quaint, charming, romantic and intimate. We just had our wedding here and it was perfect. The only weird thing about the venue is that you have to have all of your vendors out the door by 9:30pm, but not one of our guests even noticed! When we told our guests... Read More (after the wedding) that the night had ended at 9pm they had no idea! It has enough space for people to roam and get fresh air, and is small enough that all the guests will mingle together. The bridal suite is a perfect addition! I would definitely recommend this venue!!

Perfect Location for San Diego Wedding

Reviewed on 11/17/2012 Kate S

My title says it all. Once I saw this place it was all over for me. The amazing views were enough, but it also has charm inside with warm wood floors and a great sitting area with picture windows that also see the beautiful view. The gardens are perfect for an outdoor... Read More ceremony, but tight if you have more than 100 people (people had to stand on the balcony overlooking the garden for our ceremony). This venue also lends itself well to lots of great outdoor photos with some great trees, a fountain and the great architecture of the Thursday Club. Book early (have to book a year in advance to get a Saturday!)

I LOVED this venue!

Reviewed on 10/27/2012 Christine T

The Thursday was a recommendation by a couple friends of mine and once we saw the place, we didn't bother looking at other locations. The garden was beautiful for the ceremony although is a little tight in size (we had 135 guests). We loved the high ceilings and wood floors... Read More and the homey feeling. The owners are really nice although sometimes hard to get a hold of (we played phone tag). I would recommend getting the place for at least 9 hours (start to finish). Their included time just isn't enough! We had many compliments by our guests. I really do love this venue!

Beautiful View

Reviewed on 9/09/2012 Joanna S

This venue has great views of Sunset Cliffs and Ocean Beach. It is also very reasonably priced, compared to other venues with an ocean view. The inside is a little boring, but there are lots of different rooms/areas for people to enjoy during the event. They are very strict... Read More with the time; we had to have the music end by 9pm. You are allowed to bring your own alcohol, but no hard liquor is allowed. Overall it was worth all the rules because the pros weighed out the cons - there is plenty of parking, it can hold a good amount of people, and there is a beutiful garden area with walking path and fountain. Decent location as well, not too hard to find. The property owners were nice to deal with. As long as you are OK with a lot of rules this is a great venue.

Stunning, Charming, Romantic, Incredible Views

Reviewed on 6/02/2012 MICAH H

We were so happy with our choice. Tom and Cookie were easy to work with (they don't answer the phone but leave a message and they always call back). The venue is just beautiful.

Amazing Venue - needed more time though

Reviewed on 9/05/2011 Vanessa M

I LOVE that we had our wedding here. The only downside was the limited time frame before being charged a lot per hour. Cookie did go above and beyond to make sure I could have my date though. Best memories here ever!

Great wedding at the Thursday Club

Reviewed on 7/26/2011 Troy P

Awesome venue, beautiful setting on the hills overlooking the ocean. The garden was spectacular, lots of flowering plants made the ceremony look very nice. The ability to have outside caterers and supply our own alcohol made it affordable. The only downside was the sound... Read More system--we did an Ipod playlist instead of a DJ. The speakers cut off a couple times during the reception and the volume was not loud enough for everyone to hear. Other than that it was a perfect wedding!

Excellent!

Reviewed on 6/23/2011 MaryAnn P

Beautiful in every way

Gorgeous!!

Reviewed on 9/07/2010 Cecile B

This place is ideal for weddings! The views are spectacular! All of my guests fell in love with the place. You don't need a lot of flowers or decorations here. The garden and views are enough. They have a lot of rules, but it's still a super place to get married. They have a... Read More really nice brides room to get ready in with your bridesmaids and family. Highly recommend this awesome place!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Angie P

BEAUTIFUL QUAINT COZY INTIMATE ATMOSPHERE WITHOUT BEING HOMELY;SITE MANAGERS ARE HARD TO GET A HOLD OF

2015-03-05T08:43:00 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review! This is Chris, the new manager here, started in September of 2013. I've made it a priority to have good communications with our clients. :)

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Danielle D

Intimate setting. View of ocean and garden so pretty that not a lot of extra decor was needed.;Have catering trucks park on opposite side of street from the venue. All pictures of taken of me as I exited bride's quarters into garden area before walking down aisle have beautiful... Read More greens and a truck in the backround!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Kristina G

We instantly fell in love with The Thursday Club when we were attending a friend's wedding there. The ocean views are stunning the garden charming and the hall for dinner and dancing historic and elegant. It was the perfect setting for the wedding we wanted.;The only downsides... Read More to The Thursday Club are that it doesn't have heat or air conditiong (ocean breezes help but it was still VERY hot in there all day and night). Also the resident managers are strict about the event ending no later than 10 pm (a little too early for our guests).

2015-03-05T08:40:19 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review! In December of 2014, we installed a cooling system. Yahoo! It keeps the air moving, while the people are grooving! We have also, our of respect for our neighbors, changed our ending time to 9pm, guests departed by 9:30pm. An after... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Brynne L

beautiful garden, spacious reception area, great view;all festivities must end by 10pm no hard alcohol

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Kim D

It was located in San Diego near the ocean, in a area called sunset cliffs. What a PERFECT place. It was exactly that on a hill with the most magnificant sunset ever. The inside was quant and antique with tons of bay windows to marvel at the view. Also decks where at almost very... Read More door so you could go out side and enjoy the PERFECT San Diego weather. AND the best part was my grandparents had their wedding reception their in the 1940's. It was just an amazing place, Oh yes the grounds were perfectly manicured and a dozen little nooks and crannies for spectacular wedding pictures.;Maybe dealing with the manager when booking the place. If you did not get him on one of his goods days he could be a little grouchy. But then again the venue itself made it worth every aggrivating encounter.

2015-03-05T08:35:46 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review! This is Chris, the new manager here at The Thursday Club. I took over in September of 2013 and know it's important to provide great hospitality to all our clients. Stop by and say 'hello' some day!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Shannon D

Ocean Views privacy of the venue. Plenty of space inside and out. Clean and classy building.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Courtney C

Simply elegant and the ocean view from here is wonderful

Meet The Manager

Chris Erickson

Hi! I started managing The Thursday Club in 2013 and have loved every minute. What an honor it is to host such happy events. Welcoming hospitality is priority #1 for me. My goal is to help make your wedding here go smoothly, and for our venue to be in tip top shape. Come see our ocean views and you'll know why I'm always smiling. I look forward to meeting you.