Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

339 Main St, South Amboy, NJ (732) 904-0938

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Sharon C

I booked Elizabeth Jones for my May 12th wedding and could not have been more pleased with the results! I received countless compliments on my hair (no one could see the extensions!) and my makeup held perfectly the entire night. My girls also looked gorgeous and are still... Read More raving about their hair and makeup done by Elizabeth and her wonderful assistant. Elizabeth was so easy to get in touch with, and was even texting me the day before my wedding while I was trying to figure out what hair extensions to buy. I cannot wait to get all our proofs back, knowing that at least my hair and makeup was on point 🙂. Thank you again, Elizabeth. I would trust you with my hair and makeup any day, as would my girls!!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Jessica K

Elizabeth was just the best! From the day I contacted her to the wedding day she was so helpful and knew exactly what she was doing! She showed up exactly on time and killed it. She was so nice and made any type of change we wanted. All of my bridesmaids loved their looks and... Read More as the Bride I felt more confident in my hair and makeup than I ever thought I could. I would definitely recommend Elizabeth!!

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Toni P

Elizabeth was absolutely wonderful and I highly recommend other brides to use her! During the trial, I told Elizabeth that I have extremely twitchy eyes but I really wanted to try fake eyelashes. She had such patience with me and was able to put the eyelashes on. I told... Read More Elizabeth I wanted a natural look and she delivered. The airbrush foundation was wonderful and lasted all day and night. For my hair, I showed her a bunch of pictures that I liked and she used a combination of all of them and gave me the best hairstyle. All of my bridesmaids loved their makeup and hair as well. I am extremely happy that I used Elizabeth for my wedding and I would use her again if I had another event. Elizabeth is professional, friendly, and great to work with.

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Melissa P

Elizabeth Jones absolutely lives up to her name: The Updo Guru! From the trials all the way to the special day, Liz was perfectly magnificent! I really had no idea what I wanted to do for my hair and make-up so I put my faith in her completely and she worked magic. I never felt... Read More as beautiful as I did on the day of my wedding! As I look at my beautiful pictures from Ephemera Photographics, I can truly appreciate her handiwork, because I just LOVE the way my hair and make-up looked. I really did feel like the most beautiful woman on earth that day (as every bride should). On my wedding day, Liz and Kristin came to The Double Tree and helped so many of us look and feel beautiful! My mother couldn't stop crying because she was so happy. My sisters were stunning all because of you girls, Liz and Kristin. So, if you want to feel special, look beautiful, and photograph perfectly, then you need to book The Updo Guru, Elizabeth Jones, for your hair and make-up. Thank you girls so much for everything!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Dana M

I was recommended to Elizabeth by a friend. We actually had worked on a wedding together. Being in the hair business myself it was actually a tougher decision. Everyone I work with would be attending my wedding, and I didn't want to put them out. (And I am super picky) As soon... Read More as I met Elizabeth I was excited! She was adorable (with amazing hair herself) and had such an awesome personality. By the end of the trial I knew she was the girl I wanted the day of my wedding. I barely had to tell her anything and it was as if she read my mind. She did myself, my mom, mother in law, two flower girls, and 9 bridesmaids all with the help of one assistant. As fast as she works, still every single one of my girls looked flawless. We all got compliments the whole night, and the hair stayed put! I have already recommended her to a couple of my own clients due to scheduling conflict. Anyone who knows me with my hair knows I would only trust the best! I have nothing but amazing things to say about "TheUpdoGuru" thank you so much for making everyone feel so beautiful and for being such a fun additive to my wedding day!! Xoxo

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Dana C

Liz and her team were so incredible!! I wish I could re live my wedding day where Liz made me feel like a princess. Not only is she good at what she does, but she is also one of the kindest people in the industry. Her personality and talent surpass any other makeup... Read More artist/stylist I have ever had do my hair and make up. Thank you again Liz for making my day so special!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Kimberly F

I love Liz and her team. This is the third time we have used her for weddings in my family. My fiancée side of the family loved them as well and asked for their information. There is t much else to say aside thank you so much for making everyone look fabulous!!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Casey L

Liz and her assistant are amazing. Our trials went perfect and she did all 7 of us on our wedding day in perfect timing. The girls were thrilled and our looks stayed put all night! We couldn't have asked for more.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Cara W

My hair stylist recommended Liz for my wedding day hair and make up. I cannot imagine my wedding day preparations without her. From the time of our booking Liz was efficient and professional with her communication. She did trials for both hair and make up, working together to... Read More incorporate my visions and her expertise. On the day of the wedding Liz and her assistant went right to work on the bridal party. She made us feel comfortable throughout the entire process. The airbrush make up was flawless and upheld in the June heat, as well as hours of dancing. My hair stayed in place the entire night. I am still getting compliments about Liz's beautiful work!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Kris Ann M

I was referred to Liz from one of my friends that had booked her for her wedding. Liz was such a pleasure to work with. Her personality was amazing to be around. All of my wedding party, including my mother and grandmother were truly amazed with the results of their hair and... Read More makeup. The schedule for the day of the wedding was precise and very well planned. We all finished right on time for our pictures and needed no touch ups throughout the day and evening. Everyone's hair and makeup stayed perfect even throughout our dancing at the reception. I would highly recommend Liz for any event you are planning.

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Amy H

I could not have been more thrilled wih my decision to use Elizabeth from the Updo Guru! From my first email exchange with her, I knew I made the right choice. Not only was communication with her extremely easy from the start, but the day of could not have run and smoother.... Read More Elizabeth planned out a schedule for the morning of the wedding to keep everyone on track. Elizabeth and her assistant beautifully executed my vision of what I wanted the hair and makeup to be for my girls and myself! I would highly recommend the Updo Guru to anyone looking for a hair and makeup artist!! Amy

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Jessica R

I was referred to Liz from a coworker who grew up with her. I had followed her social media account and loved her work. She was so sweet on our email exchanges and even more sweeter when I met her in person! She was a blast to work with, and made our getting ready morning so... Read More much fun with her and her assistant. Every one loved their hair and make up for the day, and Liz did a fabulous job of glamming me up!! It was a hot, humid and hazy afternoon combined with lots of dancing, but my hair and make up still looked absolutely by the end of the evening! I wish I was having a wedding every weekend to get my hair and make up done by Liz!! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 Kristin M

I booked Liz to do my wedding day hair and makeup after meeting her at a bridal show. We got married 2 weeks ago at The Palace at Somerset Park. Liz and her assistant, Kristin, worked very efficiently to get hair and makeup done on time for me, my 5 bridesmaids, and my... Read More mother-in-law. They didn't take a break until everyone's hair/makeup was finished and they made sure we looked flawless. I have never felt so beautiful, and my hair and makeup stayed flawless until the next morning! Everyone complimented me and my bridal party on how gorgeous we looked. It was a pleasure to work with Liz, thank you for making me feel like a princess for a day!

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 Kristin M

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Kate S

We recently got married at the Smithville Inn this past weekend and my bridesmaids, my mom and myself have nothing but incredible things to say about Liz and her assistant (Nicole). She arrived perfectly on time, and was ready to work! She did not take a single break until every... Read More girl was done, and she stuck to her schedule and finished in perfect timing. She worked with every single person and their requests and suggestions. She's very patient with all her clients, and was really a joy to work with. Every single bridesmaid was very happy and satisfied with how their hair and makeup came out, and kept complimenting Liz's skill throughout the entire process. Her prices are also very reasonable for the amazing service she provides. I would recommend her to any future bride! Thanks again!

Reviewed on 4/25/2016 Noreen H

Elizabeth, thank you, thank you for your beautiful work on my wedding day! You are the ultimate professional, not to mention a voice of reason and calm on a busy morning. What you can create with an iPhone photo and a few tweaks is truly incredible. My bridesmaids looked... Read More amazing, and you patiently listened & created the updos that left them looking fabulous! I felt so confident, with that extra bit of beautiful, on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 4/07/2016 Jennifer P

I met Liz at a bridal show while with my friend before I was even engaged. Something about her stuck and when I went to plan my own wedding she was the first and only person I wound up having a trial with. She is so easy to talk to and made me feel really comfortable. I had the... Read More luck of the blizzard of 2016 landing on my wedding day. Liz, despite me insisting she didn't need to come out to New Hope, PA for fear she would be snowed in, took it upon herself to make sure her and her assistant were there. I am eternally grateful she didn't listen to my warnings. All efforts by my venue to have my wedding as planned were thwarted by the state of emergency. Liz didn't skip a beat. In some cases, she was the voice of reason and helped calm my nerves. She did my make up and hair to perfection for an intimate ceremony on the day my wedding was supposed to be, and stayed the next day to do it all again to make sure I looked my best for both weddings. She is a beautiful soul inside and out and I am so grateful I found her and hired her for what turned into a wild wedding weekend. She is simply the best. Thank you Liz!!!

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Kim H

We had our wedding on March 5th, 2016 and I can truly say I have never felt more beautiful in my life as I did on that day. Liz is AMAZING. I hired her to do hair and makeup for myself, the six girls in my bridal party, and my mother and everyone was raving about how gorgeous... Read More they looked!! I am an emotional person and I have to admit I cried quite a bit on my wedding day (happy tears of course!) and at midnight, I still looked exactly the same way I did ten hours earlier when Liz finished my hair and makeup. Through all the tears, the dancing, and all the hugs and kisses I received from guests - my makeup and hair stayed flawless through it all. I would give Liz ten stars if Wedding Wire allowed it! Thank you Liz for helping to make my dream day be everything I imagined!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2015 Kimberly H

I hired Elizabeth for my wedding in May 2015 for makeup and hair. Throughout the entire process, she checked in, answered all of my questions, finalized details and did a trial. She was very attentive and professional. During my trial, I showed her a few different looks off of... Read More Pinterest I had found, and she helped me to find the perfect one that would complete my look. I am not one to wear my hair up, but she created this amazing and elegant updo that went perfectly with my lace gown. She even helped me to choose a hair clip to match. Since I and my bridesmaids lived far from the wedding venue, we had to stay at a hotel. We also had to get extremely early the morning of the wedding to get ready because the ceremony began at 11:30 in the morning. I loved that Elizabeth came to the hotel to get us ready. It allowed for a very seamless, calm and relaxing morning. She even agreed to come very early in the morning. I would recommend the Updo Guru in a heartbeat! Elizabeth is extremely talented and loves what she does, which all shows through the her work! I am forever grateful for her for making my wedding look and day absolutely beautiful!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Georgia C

I hired Elizabeth for hair styling for my wedding this past August. She was absolutely wonderful. I had 2 trials with her, and both times she gave me exactly what I asked for. We found the perfect updo at my second trial! Elizabeth is extremely responsive to e-mails, very... Read More friendly, and just super easy to work with during the planning process. She also works very quickly! She did my hair as well as hair for all my bridesmaids, and we were all done well ahead of schedule (which according to my wedding coordinator is extremely rare since hair/makeup usually takes longer than anticipated)! Our updo's also lasted all night long! I highly recommend Elizabeth for any wedding or special event!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 N M

If you want the best, you have to choose Elizabeth. I truly cannot say enough wonderful things about her and her work. Elizabeth did my hair, as well as the hair for my bridesmaids, mother, mother in law and aunts. She arrived early, stayed ahead of schedule, was calm and... Read More relaxed and styled the most unbelievably beautiful hairstyles that stayed all day and night (it was an outside wedding at the beach, no less!). Everyone was absolutely thrilled with their hair, especially me! Elizabeth is a dream to work with from day 1. I will definitely be utilizing her services in the future and I know some of my bridesmaids plan to as well! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

The Best!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Stephanie C

I wish there was an option for 6 stars, because Elizabeth and her assistant are true professionals. Elizabeth is so easygoing and a true master of her craft. She is knowledgeable, talented, and created such a fun atmosphere. I had a huge bridal party and Elizabeth arrived... Read More early and stayed on schedule. She kept us laughing and relaxed the whole time we were getting ready! She made sure everyone's hair and makeup was flawless. Everyone complemented me on how beautiful my hair and make up looked. You will not be disappointed with the quality & originality of her work.

The best in bridal hair/makeup!

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Theresa

Elizabeth and Kristen were amazing- so laid back and willing to travel to my parents' house to service our bridal party of 6 girls, plus bride and mother of the bride. They are incredibly professional and made me so at ease the whole day, they finished far ahead of schedule and... Read More were able to add extra services including an extra makeup appointment and lashes. Both Elizabeth and Kristen did a fabulous job and everyone's hair and makeup lasted all day. I would HIGHLY recommend them to any bride, their prices were the most reasonable I found and for the great job they did, including traveling to our location, it was more than worth it. I can't thank them enough!!

Amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 alaina g

Elizabeth is the best I would recommend her to any bride!! I loved my trial but then I decided to go with a whole different look day of my wedding and didn't have Elizabeth try this before my wedding I showed her a picture and she nailed it!!!! I loved my hair and makeup and her... Read More assistants were awesome they even helped tie all my girls dressing when we were running late Elizabeth is the best!!

The BEST out there!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Geraldina C

There is not enough to say about Elizabeth! She does beyond amazing work and is the best around out there, I used her for my wedding this past august and she did myself and my girls beyond amazing. We were all completely obsessed with our makeup and my girls used her for their... Read More hair as well! Everything Everything EVERYTHING she does is beyond AMAZING! Book her for your next formal event, you will NOT be disappointed! Liz thank you for everything you have done for me and my bridal party, your compassion, passion and talent is everything and we love you! I'm so happy you were apart of this