The Venue Asheville

Asheville, NC

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Premier Event Setting

Having a French cottage setting of brick walls, barn ceilings and vintage tile floors, The Venue offers a warm atmosphere with a touch of uniqueness that will make any event an exceptional experience for guests as well as the host. Want to see a virtual tour? Check us out on Google search!

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

21 North Market Street, Asheville, NC

The Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Jenna K

We had such an amazing wedding planning and wedding day experience with The Venue. I was so impressed with the enthusiasm all of the staff showed throughout our entire wedding process. Every detail was addressed, even things I would have overlooked. The staff was phenomenal in... Read More making sure all of our desires were met. The day of the wedding the staff took care of everything, leaving nothing for me to address or worry about. I cannot express how beautiful the event was, the food was exceptional and the specific attention we received from Marta and Jon was incredible. I would recommend The Venue to any future brides and grooms. We had the most amazing night of our lives. The whole night went so smoothly and all of that was due to Marta and Jon's hard work. Everyone who attended our wedding raved about the character The Venue possesses, how delicious the food was as well as how fantastic the service was. Thank you so much! You all made the best night of our lives one we will never, ever forget!

2015-05-20T13:22:42 Response from the vendor

It was our absolute pleasure! delighted to know you were pleased with our services. Creating Great memories is what we love to do! Best Wishes and Many Hugs to All. :)

Prepare to be WOWED!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Tammy P

I cannot say enough about the Marta, Jon and Amanda and their staff at The Venue- Asheville. It was an amazing night and the reception was a culmination of months and months of planning and they did not disappoint! I had so many comments about how beautiful The Venue was and the... Read More professionalism of their staff. The cocktail area was separate from the eating and dancing area. It is gorgeously decorated with all the beautifully lit lanterns, candles and architectural exposed brick walls and beams. As soon as I arrived, the staff made sure we were given something to drink and our bags were put where we were to be seated. What parent of the bride and groom would not need that kind of service after a long, exhausting and emotional day? The eating area was unveiled once the bride and groom arrived.The planner, Amanda, took care of all the details and assisted the bride( my daughter) in bussling her gown immediately upon her arrival. Everything went like clockwork! We could not have asked for more. The bride and groom were seated and the tables were dismissed one at a time and served in the buffet line. The bride and groom actually got to eat! Imagine that? The food was out of this world! Jon worked with us to make sure the appetizers, food and beverages were exactly what the bride and groom wanted for their BIG day! The attention to detail and the planning for the BIG day was made so easy and effortless by Marta and Jon and their well-trained staff. You guys are a CLASS ACT! I highly recommend the services of the Venue- Asheville for all your catering, wedding or event needs! You are the BEST! HANDS DOWN! Thanks so much for making our daughter's wedding day such a wonderful and special occasion that will remain etched in our memory for many years to come! You became part of our family during this process, not just a business acquaintance. Not many businesses have those bragging rights!Thanks again! Tammy Packard

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Working with The Venue staff was an incredible experience from beginning to end! We had our rehearsal dinner at The Venue on October 16, 2015. The setting was absolutely stunning yet so warm and inviting. The chef prepared delicious appetizers, a wonderful fall dinner and the... Read More desserts were amazing. The staff who worked our event was incredible. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the evening! From the moment we spoke with Marta, she was so attentive and enthusiastic about making our evening perfect. We planned our event from long distance. I worked with Jon in planning the rehearsal dinner. He approached every detail and every question that I had with wonderful advice and made sure we planned the evening to perfection. It was an absolute pleasure to work with someone who truly cared about carrying out our vision for the evening. He made sure that not only would our guests have a great time, but that the bride, groom, and ourselves could relax and enjoy the evening. And that task was easy because Marta, Jon and their staff took care of everything! Thanks to everyone at The Venue for a perfect evening and treasured memories!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

Absolutely Fabulous!! If you think we are exaggerating, just ask our guests. Every single one used the word "perfect" in their description of our rehearsal dinner at The Venue. Marta's staff anticipated every need and remembered every small request we had made in advance... Read More (i.e., groom's father, no bleu cheese on salad!). Every food item, from appetizer to dessert, was delicious. (we highly recommend 3 way shrimp) Amanda coordinated everything seamlessly. We loved having the balcony, which gave us a great cocktail area and enhanced the ambience of the party. We think it was a perfect night, but it is very reassuring to have guests tell you that it was the best rehearsal dinner that they had ever attended!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Kacy J

We are back to reality and can't stop reminiscing about our wedding day! It was truly a dream come true! Not only were we surrounded by our loved ones but we had the most beautiful setting to enjoy it all in!! We cannot say enough how grateful we are to have worked with such an... Read More amazing, professional and talented staff, that we can now call our friends! You guys really know how to put on a five star event! Everything was executed so beautifully and far exceeded the expectations we had!! We had so many compliments on the decor, food, service and venue. It was such a fairy tale wedding! Make sure to pass on our love and thanks to the planners... I didn't get their contact info! Also, our compliments to Steve. The food was incredible and everyone loved it! We are so happy we shared our wedding with you guys and are sad to part ways! Adam said he wants to stop in and hangout with you guys every time we come to Asheville! ;) Thank you again SO MUCH for everything! It could not have been more perfect!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015

We held the rehearsal dinner for our son’s wedding at The Venue, and we could not have been happier! The setting was absolutely beautiful, but it was the service that made the experience so great. Marta, Amanda, and Jon were there for me at every turn, from helping select the... Read More menu to providing table cards on the night of the event when I had forgotten ours. Everyone was professional, knowledgeable, and just plain nice! And to make it even better, the food was delicious! Thank you all! We had a wonderful time and will definitely be back!

Reviewed on 8/22/2015 Brandi L

This is an amazing venue and it was perfect for our wedding! The food was amazing, the staff friendly and the atmosphere outstanding. We loved every minute of our time there and our guests did as well. If you have the chance to host an event here, I'd highly recommend... Read More it...they'll do a wonderful job for you too!

Perfect Rehearsal Dinner Setting

Reviewed on 5/19/2015

How do you describe an absolutely flawless evening? Perfect setting, atmosphere and impeccable service from the planning stage all the way to the event. I can't thank Marta and Jon enough for their guidance, recommendations and Chef Steve's delicious, 5-Star appetizers and meal.... Read More The Second Level was perfect for my son's Rehearsal Dinner. Cocktails on the balcony and then dinner inside was the ideal set up and made for a memorable evening. My expectations were exceeded in every way! xoxo

Great Place!

Reviewed on 12/18/2014 Meredith M

The venue was an awesome place and the staff was excellent to work with! I would definitely recommend The Venue!

Reception, The Venue Asheville

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Sara R

The facilities at the Venue, Marta, its owner, Jon her assistant, and all of her staff were superb in all respects. They were patient and helpful though out the planning process and followed that up with an excellent execution of the entire reception evening event. The... Read More appetizers, speciality drinks, the entire meal, and the late night snacks were all absolutely wonderful. We received more compliments from out guests as to the excellence of the entire meal than we ever could have expected in fact several close friends said honestly that it was the best meal they had ever been served at a wedding event. Of particular note, not only did all the courses taste good, but their preparation and presentation were wonderful. We would highly recommend and Marta and The Venue to anyone wanting plan a remarkable event in the Asheville area. Carole R.

Pre-wedding celebration

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Danielle B

We had a destination wedding in Asheville and wanted a venue that could accommodate all of our guests for the rehearsal dinner/celebration. The venue made everything so easy to plan as they do it all in house. They have gorgeous decor, amazing food, tables, linens, AV equipment,... Read More bar etc. all built in. So easy to have everything all in one vendor especially when planning out of state. The food was incredible! We worked with Jon to plan the menu and he offered great suggestions and tips to match our theme and budget. The staff was very willing to work with us regarding custom food requests that were not on their pre-fixe options. The biscuit station with sausage gravy was a HUGE hit as was the mac and cheese! We were on the 2nd level with the balcony which was the perfect setting for our event. Highly recommend using The Venue for any function!

dream wedding!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Truman A

My new husband and I grew up in western North Carolina, so a wedding in Asheville was a must for us. We lucked out finding The Venue online. From the very beginning Marta and Jon were so accommodating and professional; they answered all of our questions and made planning a... Read More wedding from across the country so easy! The closer we got to the actual day, Jon was like a member of the wedding party; daily emails between us and him, phone calls, and encouragement..., he was so fantastic. Please, please consider The Venue for any event that you are planning. It's such a beautiful venue and the people are incredible. Our wedding was a dream because of them!!

So happy we chose The Venue!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Melia S

We had the most amazing wedding thanks to The Venue and their staff. Planning a wedding is such a stressful process, but Marta, Jon, and Amanda (coordinator) took extra efforts to make sure we were taken care of throughout the entire year and up until we left at the end of our... Read More event. The space is breathtaking (more beautiful than in pictures), and it provided the exact vibe we were hoping for - rustic, but modern, refined, but not stuffy. The food provided by chef Steve was amazing. We are still having guests mention how exciting and delicious the meal was. The price is not the cheapest you'll find, but it is totally worth it!

Simply the Best!

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Katie D

We began our search for a venue for our destination wedding in Asheville online, slimming down the choices to 5 options. The Venue was the first venue that we visited, and I knew that it was the right place for us when we began benchmarking the others by it - one had a beautiful... Read More ceremony space, but the reception space left much to be desired, one was very specific about the type of music that could be played (or rather not played), and one was nice, but didn't have enough chairs, enough space, etc, while Marta seemed open to any ideas we had, and has a beautiful, flexible space. Marta, Jon, Chef Steve, and the rest of the staff at The Venue made our dream a reality. They were easy to work with, had lots of ideas, and were open to our ideas. They thought of every detail, and are very accommodating. We had quite a few special dietary needs (allergies, vegetarians, etc), and they were happy to offer alternatives to meet these needs. The food was not your typical wedding food, which was great. We heard from guests who typically don't like salmon, who said that they tried it, and it was great. Other friends enjoyed the fresh takes on appetizers, and our steak lovers told us the steaks were cooked to perfection - not overdone, not too rare, and just the right temperature and flavor. Their suggestions on other vendors were great as well. We ended up choosing a photographer, florist, and baker from their list of suggested vendors, and were very happy with all three. And because they had worked together before, it seemed easier to coordinate. As we sat reflecting on our wedding the next day, we commented on how much we enjoyed our day, and every detail that Marta, Jon, & Chef Steve helped with. Many people commented on how calm we were throughout the weekend, and my husband and I agree that it's because we had nothing to worry about - we knew that we'd chosen the right partner, and the right Venue, and that everything would work out. Many kudos to the entire staff of the Venue, not only Marta, Jon & Chef Steve, but everyone who worked on our wedding. We will have happy memories for years to come because of you!

The venue

Reviewed on 6/12/2014 Linsey H

Marta and Jon were wonderful. They worked with us during the planning process and developed an amazing floor plan and added beautiful room accents. The food was amazing and the bar was well staffed. Guests did not want for anything. We had 200 guests and there was plenty of... Read More space for everyone! Great venue with great people.

LaPorte Wedding

Reviewed on 1/07/2014 Robin

I had my wedding at the Venue on December 21st. It was a wonderful experience. Truly perfect!

Mrs. Kristen Jenkins Bracey

Reviewed on 12/04/2013 Kristen J

I am so happy I had my wedding and reception at this beautiful place! Not only was it lovely, but Marta and Jon were fantastic! They are professional, but above all, kind, creative, accommodating and helpful. The food was delicious and we have had many compliments on the... Read More entire evening. Love the Venue and the people who helped make our night perfect!

Everything We Wanted and More

Reviewed on 11/10/2013 Natasha

My husband and I chose The Venue originally for its location and gorgeous look. It fit perfectly into the downtown wedding we wanted, and the decor offered the simple yet extreme elegance we were looking for. We soon discovered that the beauty of the space was only surpassed... Read More by the amazing staff. I coordinate events for a living, and know the stress that goes into executing the day-of an event. I didn't want to feel this on my wedding day. Jon and his staff made our wedding day perfect. They were supportive and responsive throughout planning, which was even more important to us as we were planning our wedding from four hours away. On our wedding day, everything was handled seamlessly. Food and drinks were waiting for us when we arrived; our few personal touches to the decor were displayed beautifully; and we were able to truly enjoy our guests and reception. I am so glad we chose to have our reception at The Venue. We couldn't have dreamed the day better than it was, and we know the wonderful staff of The Venue made it that way.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/09/2013 Hannah D

My husband and I got married and had our reception at The Venue, and I couldn't have hoped for a better experience! The space was gorgeous and fit our personalities perfectly, the food was outstanding and earned high praise from all of our friends and family, and the waitstaff... Read More and bartenders were prompt, attentive, and very polite. We could not be happier with how it all turned out! Jon & Marta made the whole process extremely easy, they were always immediately available and gave plenty of advice and input which gave us a lot of confidence while planning an event of this magnitude. All-in-all I cannot praise The Venue and their staff highly enough, if you are looking for a great place to have a wedding/reception in beautiful Asheville, choosing Jon, Marta, and the Venue will be the easiest decision you've ever made.

Best wedding venue in Asheville!

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Melissa N

We could not be more happy the we went with The Venue for our reception! Best food in Asheville, best staff in Asheville and by far the most beautiful. It is one of those dream come true wedding recpetions. Thank you Jon and Marta! You truely made our wedding reception... Read More unforgetable! :-)

Bo and Melissa at The Venue

Reviewed on 9/29/2013

Unbelievable dream come true reception. The food was outstanding and The Venue was beautiful! From our first phone call about 6 months before our wedding up until the second we left our recpetion The Venue staff helped us make our reception the best reception ever! Thank you... Read More to Jon and Marta for going the extra mile with us every step of the way. We could not have asked for anything better. It was just perfect! Thank you!

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/19/2013 Ilona T

The Venue was the PERFECT location for my wedding. The decor and the atmosphere fit in with my theme. The staff was great and the food was delicious!

mother of the bride

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Sarah P

My husband and I are still reeling from the great experience we had with our daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception at The Venue in June. I am still in touch with Marta & Jon and am trying to think of a reason to have another event with them at The Venue but we are out of... Read More children! We highly recommend The Venue!

Mother of the groom

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 PAGE W

My son and bride had their reception at the Venue this June. What a fabulous time! The food, presentation, and great staff made it perfect for them! Jon and Marta are a wonderful team. We just want to do it all again!

Beautiful space but AWFUL Owner. DO NOT USE.

Reviewed on 7/19/2013 Windsor H

I selected The Venue because it was a close walk to First Baptist Church where I got married and because it is decorated beautifully and photographs well. While I am very happy with the way that the pictures turned out, I really wish that I had never set foot in the place.... Read More Marta, the owner and manager of The Venue, is one of the worst business people I have ever worked with. She is rude, completely unprofessional, and not trustworthy. She will nickel and dime you to the very end and does not care about making you or anyone in your wedding party happy. She is incredibly inconsiderate. It is hard for me to describe how awful she is so I will give you a few examples. - I had been told by several people in Asheville not to trust her. That she was famous for promising all kinds of people to her brides and grooms and then not coming through. If what you want doesn't make it into the contract you sign with her, it is not going to happen. -I had to go through at least 3 iterations of the contract with her because of her general sloppiness and inconsistency. She would write something on page 1 and then completely contradict it on page 3. When I kept coming back to her with changes, she got very angry with me and raised her voice almost to the point of yelling. -Our contract specified that we would use Iced Tea. She signed this version of the contract. Despite this, when I met with her three weeks before the wedding, she lied to me and said that "they can't do iced tea." When I showed her the contract, she said "well okay fine." She then proceeded to charge me an additional $0.19/table for the little tins you put the sugar packets in (nickel and diming!!!). When I arrived on my wedding day, there weren't even the little tins for the sugar packets on the tables! She hadn't even put them out - all she had was one big bowl of sugar on one table in the foyer. -I was able to negotiate a corkage fee with her because her wine selection is AWFUL and my husband and I love good wine and champagne. I was told by several people to make sure to count the empty bottles that she charged us for, because once again, she is not at all trustworthy. When I asked to see the empty bottles at the end of the reception, she was incredulous and said "ARE YOU SERIOUS??" to me. I said yes, I was. She charged us for 50 bottles and we were only able to count 36. I still don't know what happened to the extra bottles. I didn't want to press it because it was my wedding day and the last thing you should do on your wedding day is argue about champagne bottles. Nevertheless, you can't trust her. I completely stand by this entire review and would be happy to tell you this in person. I would also be happy to send this directly to Marta herself. I am not a malicious person, I just want to share my experience honestly with other brides so that nobody has to experience what I went though. My father is a minister in Asheville and said that he will absolutely never recommend Marta and The Venue to any of the brides that he works with.