Book Your Wedding with The Venue Asheville

A BALLROOM IN ASHEVILLE, NC

Situated in downtown Asheville, North Carolina, The Venue Asheville is the ideal venue for to-be-weds that are looking for something a little more unique. This centrally located facility wows with its exposed brick walls and high ceilings. Couples will love the French cottage look and the countless photo opportunities that abound inside the venue and outside on the property. The bride and groom will have the option of booking just their wedding ceremony or reception or hosting both in one convenient spot.

The Ridge. The Ridge is located 30 minutes from the main property and allows couples to say their vows outside. Guests will love the majestic views of the Great Smokey Mountains, as well as breathing in the fresh mountain air. The bride and groom are welcome to host a cocktail party on the wraparound porch or take a walk with the wedding party down to see the horses for a few unique pictures taken by their professional photographer.

Market Street. The first of the three indoor spaces is Market Street. This spot welcomes 100 of your closest friends and family members for a sit-down dinner. If you'd like to use the space for cocktail hour, it can comfortably hold 200 individuals.

Mezzanine Area. The second room is the Mezzanine Area and it is big enough for 250 guests for a sit-down dinner. It is the largest space and, when used just to serve cocktails and appetizers, it welcomes 350.

Second Floor. The Second Floor is The Venue Asheville's third indoor reception space. It allows for 120 relatives to sit down and dine on either a buffet or plated dinner. It also fits 200 for a cocktail party.

All couples are given four hours for their receptions and an extra hour if the ceremony is also on site. It is important to note that all events must end by 1:30 a.m. with the last call for alcohol taking place 30 minutes prior. Your vendors will be given access to the venue three hours ahead of the event start time so that they can set up. Included in all wedding packages is the use of five-foot-by-five-foot tables, mahogany Chiavari chairs that feature ivory cushions for comfort and seasonal greenery for decoration. You'll also get china dishes, flatware and glasses for champagne, wine and water. Ivory linens are used to cover the tables, however, couples are welcome to upgrade to a different color. The staff is more than happy to do all the setting up and tearing down, as well as turn the adjustable track lighting to your designated setting.

When it comes to the catering, all of that is handled on site. The Venue Asheville has all of the necessary ABC permits and liquor licenses to serve your favorite alcoholic beverages. Couples are welcome to arrange for a taste testing with the culinary team. You can start off sampling hors d'eouvres like Baltimore lump crab cake, brie and apple wonton with a cinnamon glaze and a wild salmon croquette. Then comes the entrees, which include cold smoked le bec fin, Carolina pulled pork and Parmesan-crusted chicken. If you have any dietary restrictions, the team will abide by them.

The bride and her bridesmaids are welcome to dress, check their makeup and just plain relax in the facility's bridal lounge. Another perk is how close The Venue Asheville is to area hotels. Out-of-town friends and family will especially appreciate that they can walk to their lodgings once the reception is over.

• Handicap accessible
  • Parking lots within one block
  • Wireless Internet access
  • Surround sound available
  • Audiovisual equipment
  • Liability insurance
  • Dogs are welcome

Premier Event Setting

Having a French cottage setting of brick walls, barn ceilings and vintage tile floors, The Venue offers a warm atmosphere with a touch of uniqueness that will make any event an exceptional experience for guests as well as the host. Want to see a virtual tour? Check us out on Google search!

Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Ballroom, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

21 North Market Street, Asheville, NC (828) 779-8546
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Caroline F

My experience at The Venue was nothing short of wonderful. Marta and Amanda did everything they could to help us reach our vision for our wedding and they were a dream to work with. We had a budget, but that didn't stop our wedding from being fabulous with their help! Marta... Read More really went above and beyond to help us cut costs so that we could have our dream reception at The Venue. For example, we chose a menu that was simple to match our budget, but the food was a huge hit and it was absolutely delicious! We did not even taste the food prior to our wedding day, but we were happily surprised that it was so delicious! Everyone kept talking about how wonderful the food was even though we chose a limited food selection with steak, salmon, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and bread. For alcohol consumption, it was suggested that we pay a certain dollar amount for wine and beer for our guests and after that was used, it would move to a cash bar. That was perfect because it only became a cash bar at the last call for alcohol and our guests had plenty to drink. Another touch I loved was that the staff gave me and my groom a moment to ourselves with champagne when we arrived at The Venue after our ceremony. It was a nice start to our reception! The Venue is truly such a beautiful location for a dream reception. There is almost no need for extra decor at The Venue because it is so beautiful and the staff makes sure to light all the candles for your event to give a romantic glow. My fiance and I planned our wedding and reception in 3 months, and with The Venue, we planned our dream reception in that amount of time! Thank you to the Venue, Marta, Amanda, and all of the staff for everything you did to make our wedding reception so perfect. My family and friends will not stop talking about it, and we love it!!!

2017-07-03T17:55:25 Response from the vendor

Hello Brook!! As the owner of The Venue, I can not thank you enough for letting us be a part of your journey! We had a great time executing your event, and I am definitely pleased to know that Paige and Amanda exceeded your expectations.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Mary Pat S

I cannot say enough positive things about the Venue. Our son had his wedding reception there a week ago (early September). The staff - starting with Deandra - was so easy to work with. It was a destination wedding so all of us were dealing with things from afar throughout the... Read More planning and Deandra could not have been any more responsive or helpful. The staff the evening of the event was awesome as well. The food was great and it was served very timely which is a definite challenge when you have 180 people at an event. The atmosphere was wonderful - we had cocktails on the street level and then dinner/dancing in the Mezzanine. All the feedback we got from invited guests was very positive.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Katie C

I can't say enough about The Venue, Marta, and her amazing team. The attention to detail was apparent when my groom & I walked into the reception for a sneak peek before the guests arrived. We were blown away with the ambiance, service, and overall experience we had. We... Read More constantly receive compliments on what a beautiful and unique venue it was and we couldn't agree more.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Lisa P

We had our dream wedding at The Venue, and we couldn't have been happier. The food, the decor, the ambience, the professionalism, and attention to detail, all was perfection. Our guests raved about the food; we had a bacon tree and s'mores to name a few of the standouts! The... Read More space is so unique, and feels so classy, inviting, warm and hip. Plus it's in the heart of downtown Asheville! Epic wedding! We loved The Venue, and highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Brooke W

I cannot say enough positive things about the Venue and their staff. My husband and I had our ceremony, as well as our reception at the Venue. The day after our wedding, we went on and on about how wonderful and how perfect our wedding was. It brings tears of joy to my eyes to... Read More think back! People always say there will be something that goes wrong, but as I look back I can't recall a single detail that was out of line. I cannot begin to express the gratitude we feel toward the Venue and their staff. The day of the wedding, everyone was so accommodating and did so with a huge smile on their face. However, being the bride, and doing most of the planning, I want to specifically call-out Paige and Amanda. These two girls are hands-down nothing short of rock star planners and master organizers! :) All the while smiling and just having fun through the process WITH you. You always talk about the actual wedding day, but you are planning this one day for months! My planning process with Paige and Amanda was stress-free, truly. They kept all of the details straight, kept a master plan, made sure I had recommendations for vendors if I asked, and made sure everything was in line. Because the planning process was so smooth, the actual day of our wedding, I was so relaxed, because I had full faith in in the Venue staff. Honestly, our wedding was the best day of my life and I have the Venue, their staff (Marta, Paige and Amanda), as well as our other vendors to thank. I have told the Venue this, but I feel as if they are apart of our family! It was an absolute pleasure working with them and hosting the biggest party of our lives! Cheers - Brooke

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Kirsten S

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at The Venue on May 20, 2017. From the moment we booked the space at The Venue, the staff was incredibly attentive, sweet, creative, and thoughtful. Amanda made sure everything went smoothly and ensured that all of our requests were... Read More fulfilled. Paige was beyond detail-oriented and helped us plan everything down to the tiny details. Tara and Maggie jumped in and helped with day-of details that we did not even think of before the day arrived – they were lifesavers! Honestly, it felt like we were all friends by the end of the weekend –everyone exceeded our expectations. When the wedding day arrived, The Venue was absolutely gorgeous, and the staff worked together to create our dream wedding. We were surrounded by all of our loved ones in a beautiful space, and the staff worked tirelessly to be sure all guests had a wonderful time. In addition to The Venue’s fabulous location, the food was delicious and the space was perfect for dancing. Thank you all for everything! We would recommend The Venue to all of our family, friends, and anyone looking to host a wedding in Asheville.

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Elizabeth B

Was very impressed with how The Venue made my rehearsal dinner intimate and cozy in a larger room. They also completed the dinner with their in-house decorations that looked amazing and created a relaxing and cozy environment for the crowd. Loved it!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Sarah N

We chose The Venue for our reception and could not have been happier with Marta, her team, the facility, the food, etc. From start to finish, The Venue put our minds at ease and handled everything from our band's meals to a six hour open bar. It was decorated perfectly to our... Read More taste and we could not have asked for a spot that fit us so well. I HIGHLY recommend The Venue for literally anything - especially weddings!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Andrew J

I had both my ceremony and reception at The Venue and I could not be happier. I cannot express how impressed by and grateful I am for the wonderful people here. Marta, Amanda, Stephanie, and Laura were attentive, professional, and, above all, incredibly kind. The ceremony and... Read More reception went off without a hitch and my guests could not stop telling me how amazing everything was from the food to the attentive staff. Everyone went above and beyond to make sure I had an amazing day. I had a pre-ceremony dress emergency and Marta was there in seconds to help sew me up. Crisis averted. :) The space is beautiful and the experience was above and beyond what I ever expected. I would recommend The Venue again and again.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Valerie B

I had my rehearsal dinner here and it was spectacular! We had a sit down dinner on the second floor with the balcony. The staff was friendly and helpful. The coordinator Amanda was very organized and took care of everything for us. It is a beautiful venue in a great... Read More location in downtown Asheville!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Shelby W

We had our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception at The Venue and the whole experience was a great one! Customer service is their top priority and it makes the experience from the beginning to the end a pleasant, enjoyable, relaxing experience. The staff were... Read More courteous, fast to respond, knowledgeable and reliable. They were easy to contact and quick with answers/responses. On the day of the weekend of the event, they would not allow us to lift a finger so that we can enjoy every single moment. The planning team had lots of great ideas and working with them was a pleasure. The coordinators are extremely professional and made the day go exactly as I had hoped it would. I had nothing to stress over. All details were taken care of. I am still hearing compliments from my guests as to how impressed they were with the Venue and staff. The timing and how smooth everything went was absolutely flawless. We chose to have family style seating and it was going to take 20 minutes to serve all the guest and after our request just a few days before the wedding, Marta and her wonderful team were able to serve a 158 guest in 7.5 minutes. The food was amazing and our wedding guests are still talking about how great the food and service was the entire night. Amanda, Stephanie and Marta are wonderful. If you are planning to get married in Asheville, I would strongly recommend The Venue. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Rebekah B

Choosing The Venue for our wedding reception was without a doubt one of the best decisions we made! We had an exceptional experience from start to finish and could not be happier with how it all turned out. Marta, Amanda and the planning team were a pleasure to work with, the... Read More food and service were outstanding and the space itself was absolutely stunning. Marta and Amanda were so attentive and accommodating and truly went above and beyond to deliver the perfect evening for us. Every detail was beautiful – I will never forget how enchanted I felt when I arrived at the reception and took a moment to look around the room. As many brides do, I have been dreaming of the perfect wedding day since I was a little girl and I am so grateful to everyone at The Venue for all they did to bring my dreams to life! Thank you so much for your hospitality and professionalism, and for making our reception such a beautiful and memorable occasion!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Tabitha K

Our experience at The Venue in Asheville was amazing! We held a Welcome to Asheville party there the night before our wedding. Our initial tour with Marta was unscheduled and last minute (on our end), and she was super accommodating and flexible with us. After that, all of our... Read More questions got answered right away by either Marta or Amanda. Then our last meeting with Amanda weeks before the event went so well. She was extremely thorough and helpful. They helped us throw the type of party we had envisioned and at no point did we feel pushed to spend extra money to do what we wanted. The staff at the event were all super friendly and treated our guests with respect. The food was some of the best food we've ever had in Asheville, and that says a lot about the chef because there is some great food in the city! The decorations they provided were beautiful, we barely had to add any extra. Overall, it was an outstanding experience and I would recommend The Venue in Asheville to anyone for your big event!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Kristi A

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at The Venue and the whole experience was a great one! From the beginning, the staff were courteous and knowledgeable. They were easy to contact and quick with answers/responses. The planning team had lots of great ideas and working... Read More with them was a pleasure. On the day of the wedding, everything was set up as I had planned and the setting was gorgeous! The coordinators are extremely professional and made the day go exactly as I had hoped it would. I had nothing to stress over. All details were taken care of. I am still hearing compliments from my guests as to how impressed they were with the Venue and staff. I cannot forget to mention the food. AMAZING! Again, I am still getting compliments and my friends have even been inspired to recreate the dishes. I highly recommend The Venue if you are getting married in Asheville!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Allison T

The Venue staff went above and beyond and made our big day spectacular!! Every detail had been attended to, they were quick to respond to planning e-mails. Stephanie of The Planning service was amazing!!! She literally thought of everything. My husband and I were able to... Read More relax and enjoy our day without a care in the world. There is not a more well run venue in all of Asheville. The decor and facility are beautiful and I would not have changed a thing. The chef created a fantastic meal, which ALL of my guests (even the vegetarians) have been raving about. This is a one-stop shop for all of your wedding ceremony/reception needs. They were very accommodating in getting us in to set up our special request items (my chuppah). I was in an accident earlier in the week, and unable to attend to some of the remaining planning features. The staff at The Venue took care of it all, and made it the most spectacular day ever. If you are looking for a venue you need look no further.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016

Our son's rehearsal dinner was held at The Venue on May 28, 2016. What an amazing night! EVERYTHING was perfect--impeccable service, delicious food, fantastic decor. Their attention to even the smallest detail was evident and greatly appreciated throughout the entire process.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Working with The Venue staff was an incredible experience from beginning to end! We had our rehearsal dinner at The Venue on October 16, 2015. The setting was absolutely stunning yet so warm and inviting. The chef prepared delicious appetizers, a wonderful fall dinner and the... Read More desserts were amazing. The staff who worked our event was incredible. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the evening! From the moment we spoke with Marta, she was so attentive and enthusiastic about making our evening perfect. We planned our event from long distance. I worked with Jon in planning the rehearsal dinner. He approached every detail and every question that I had with wonderful advice and made sure we planned the evening to perfection. It was an absolute pleasure to work with someone who truly cared about carrying out our vision for the evening. He made sure that not only would our guests have a great time, but that the bride, groom, and ourselves could relax and enjoy the evening. And that task was easy because Marta, Jon and their staff took care of everything! Thanks to everyone at The Venue for a perfect evening and treasured memories!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

Absolutely Fabulous!! If you think we are exaggerating, just ask our guests. Every single one used the word "perfect" in their description of our rehearsal dinner at The Venue. Marta's staff anticipated every need and remembered every small request we had made in advance... Read More (i.e., groom's father, no bleu cheese on salad!). Every food item, from appetizer to dessert, was delicious. (we highly recommend 3 way shrimp) Amanda coordinated everything seamlessly. We loved having the balcony, which gave us a great cocktail area and enhanced the ambience of the party. We think it was a perfect night, but it is very reassuring to have guests tell you that it was the best rehearsal dinner that they had ever attended!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Kacy J

We are back to reality and can't stop reminiscing about our wedding day! It was truly a dream come true! Not only were we surrounded by our loved ones but we had the most beautiful setting to enjoy it all in!! We cannot say enough how grateful we are to have worked with such an... Read More amazing, professional and talented staff, that we can now call our friends! You guys really know how to put on a five star event! Everything was executed so beautifully and far exceeded the expectations we had!! We had so many compliments on the decor, food, service and venue. It was such a fairy tale wedding! Make sure to pass on our love and thanks to the planners... I didn't get their contact info! Also, our compliments to Steve. The food was incredible and everyone loved it! We are so happy we shared our wedding with you guys and are sad to part ways! Adam said he wants to stop in and hangout with you guys every time we come to Asheville! ;) Thank you again SO MUCH for everything! It could not have been more perfect!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Mary Nell B

We chose The Venue for the Rehearsal Dinner for our son and his fiancée. From my first introduction to Marta, the proprietor, Jon, the manager and Steve, the chef, I knew I had chosen the perfect place for our event. The execution of the evening was flawless and everyone on... Read More staff worked smoothly together and attention was paid to every detail – and, beyond. I wish we had a video to share with viewers of The Knot. Our family and friends are still commenting on The Venue and their enjoyment of the evening there. I would like to have the opportunity of entertaining there again! - Mary Nell Brandt, Spartanburg, SC

Reviewed on 9/27/2015

We held the rehearsal dinner for our son’s wedding at The Venue, and we could not have been happier! The setting was absolutely beautiful, but it was the service that made the experience so great. Marta, Amanda, and Jon were there for me at every turn, from helping select the... Read More menu to providing table cards on the night of the event when I had forgotten ours. Everyone was professional, knowledgeable, and just plain nice! And to make it even better, the food was delicious! Thank you all! We had a wonderful time and will definitely be back!

Reviewed on 8/22/2015 Brandi L

This is an amazing venue and it was perfect for our wedding! The food was amazing, the staff friendly and the atmosphere outstanding. We loved every minute of our time there and our guests did as well. If you have the chance to host an event here, I'd highly recommend... Read More it...they'll do a wonderful job for you too!

Perfect Rehearsal Dinner Setting

Reviewed on 5/19/2015

How do you describe an absolutely flawless evening? Perfect setting, atmosphere and impeccable service from the planning stage all the way to the event. I can't thank Marta and Jon enough for their guidance, recommendations and Chef Steve's delicious, 5-Star appetizers and meal.... Read More The Second Level was perfect for my son's Rehearsal Dinner. Cocktails on the balcony and then dinner inside was the ideal set up and made for a memorable evening. My expectations were exceeded in every way! xoxo

Great Place!

Reviewed on 12/18/2014 Meredith M

The venue was an awesome place and the staff was excellent to work with! I would definitely recommend The Venue!

Sept 2014 Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 11/12/2014

Our son and his new bride celebrated their wedding reception at the Venue on 9/20/14. Jon and his entire staff were incredibly attentive and accommodating in every detail. We did three specialty craft cocktails during the cocktail hour and they were a huge hit! The food was... Read More as good as we have ever enjoyed at a wedding reception--truly outstanding. And in addition to all the above, the place is just flat- out beautiful! The cocktail reception and bar service was in the street-level area, with the dinner and dancing up a short set of stairs. This really provided a nice separation for those guests wanting to get away from the music for a bit to visit after dinner.

Marta Bodenhorst

A native of Colombia, South America, Marta moved to the states over 20 years ago. Having acquired a background in Business and Hospitality Management, Marta's dreams and determination for success gave her the foundation to attain the essential qualities of an entrepreneur. Marta started her business ventures by opening a restaurant in downtown Asheville with co-founder John Bodenhorst. Marta started her own endeavors with "The Venue" , "The Venue Catering", "The Planninng", and finally "The Ridge".