The Venue Asheville

Ballroom, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

21 North Market Street, Asheville, NC

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Caroline F

My experience at The Venue was nothing short of wonderful. Marta and Amanda did everything they could to help us reach our vision for our wedding and they were a dream to work with. We had a budget, but that didn't stop our wedding from being fabulous with their help! Marta... Read More really went above and beyond to help us cut costs so that we could have our dream reception at The Venue. For example, we chose a menu that was simple to match our budget, but the food was a huge hit and it was absolutely delicious! We did not even taste the food prior to our wedding day, but we were happily surprised that it was so delicious! Everyone kept talking about how wonderful the food was even though we chose a limited food selection with steak, salmon, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and bread. For alcohol consumption, it was suggested that we pay a certain dollar amount for wine and beer for our guests and after that was used, it would move to a cash bar. That was perfect because it only became a cash bar at the last call for alcohol and our guests had plenty to drink. Another touch I loved was that the staff gave me and my groom a moment to ourselves with champagne when we arrived at The Venue after our ceremony. It was a nice start to our reception! The Venue is truly such a beautiful location for a dream reception. There is almost no need for extra decor at The Venue because it is so beautiful and the staff makes sure to light all the candles for your event to give a romantic glow. My fiance and I planned our wedding and reception in 3 months, and with The Venue, we planned our dream reception in that amount of time! Thank you to the Venue, Marta, Amanda, and all of the staff for everything you did to make our wedding reception so perfect. My family and friends will not stop talking about it, and we love it!!!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Elizabeth B

Was very impressed with how The Venue made my rehearsal dinner intimate and cozy in a larger room. They also completed the dinner with their in-house decorations that looked amazing and created a relaxing and cozy environment for the crowd. Loved it!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Sarah N

We chose The Venue for our reception and could not have been happier with Marta, her team, the facility, the food, etc. From start to finish, The Venue put our minds at ease and handled everything from our band's meals to a six hour open bar. It was decorated perfectly to our... Read More taste and we could not have asked for a spot that fit us so well. I HIGHLY recommend The Venue for literally anything - especially weddings!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Andrew J

I had both my ceremony and reception at The Venue and I could not be happier. I cannot express how impressed by and grateful I am for the wonderful people here. Marta, Amanda, Stephanie, and Laura were attentive, professional, and, above all, incredibly kind. The ceremony and... Read More reception went off without a hitch and my guests could not stop telling me how amazing everything was from the food to the attentive staff. Everyone went above and beyond to make sure I had an amazing day. I had a pre-ceremony dress emergency and Marta was there in seconds to help sew me up. Crisis averted. :) The space is beautiful and the experience was above and beyond what I ever expected. I would recommend The Venue again and again.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Valerie B

I had my rehearsal dinner here and it was spectacular! We had a sit down dinner on the second floor with the balcony. The staff was friendly and helpful. The coordinator Amanda was very organized and took care of everything for us. It is a beautiful venue in a great... Read More location in downtown Asheville!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Shelby W

We had our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception at The Venue and the whole experience was a great one! Customer service is their top priority and it makes the experience from the beginning to the end a pleasant, enjoyable, relaxing experience. The staff were... Read More courteous, fast to respond, knowledgeable and reliable. They were easy to contact and quick with answers/responses. On the day of the weekend of the event, they would not allow us to lift a finger so that we can enjoy every single moment. The planning team had lots of great ideas and working with them was a pleasure. The coordinators are extremely professional and made the day go exactly as I had hoped it would. I had nothing to stress over. All details were taken care of. I am still hearing compliments from my guests as to how impressed they were with the Venue and staff. The timing and how smooth everything went was absolutely flawless. We chose to have family style seating and it was going to take 20 minutes to serve all the guest and after our request just a few days before the wedding, Marta and her wonderful team were able to serve a 158 guest in 7.5 minutes. The food was amazing and our wedding guests are still talking about how great the food and service was the entire night. Amanda, Stephanie and Marta are wonderful. If you are planning to get married in Asheville, I would strongly recommend The Venue. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Rebekah B

Choosing The Venue for our wedding reception was without a doubt one of the best decisions we made! We had an exceptional experience from start to finish and could not be happier with how it all turned out. Marta, Amanda and the planning team were a pleasure to work with, the... Read More food and service were outstanding and the space itself was absolutely stunning. Marta and Amanda were so attentive and accommodating and truly went above and beyond to deliver the perfect evening for us. Every detail was beautiful – I will never forget how enchanted I felt when I arrived at the reception and took a moment to look around the room. As many brides do, I have been dreaming of the perfect wedding day since I was a little girl and I am so grateful to everyone at The Venue for all they did to bring my dreams to life! Thank you so much for your hospitality and professionalism, and for making our reception such a beautiful and memorable occasion!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Tabitha K

Our experience at The Venue in Asheville was amazing! We held a Welcome to Asheville party there the night before our wedding. Our initial tour with Marta was unscheduled and last minute (on our end), and she was super accommodating and flexible with us. After that, all of our... Read More questions got answered right away by either Marta or Amanda. Then our last meeting with Amanda weeks before the event went so well. She was extremely thorough and helpful. They helped us throw the type of party we had envisioned and at no point did we feel pushed to spend extra money to do what we wanted. The staff at the event were all super friendly and treated our guests with respect. The food was some of the best food we've ever had in Asheville, and that says a lot about the chef because there is some great food in the city! The decorations they provided were beautiful, we barely had to add any extra. Overall, it was an outstanding experience and I would recommend The Venue in Asheville to anyone for your big event!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Kristi A

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at The Venue and the whole experience was a great one! From the beginning, the staff were courteous and knowledgeable. They were easy to contact and quick with answers/responses. The planning team had lots of great ideas and working... Read More with them was a pleasure. On the day of the wedding, everything was set up as I had planned and the setting was gorgeous! The coordinators are extremely professional and made the day go exactly as I had hoped it would. I had nothing to stress over. All details were taken care of. I am still hearing compliments from my guests as to how impressed they were with the Venue and staff. I cannot forget to mention the food. AMAZING! Again, I am still getting compliments and my friends have even been inspired to recreate the dishes. I highly recommend The Venue if you are getting married in Asheville!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Allison T

The Venue staff went above and beyond and made our big day spectacular!! Every detail had been attended to, they were quick to respond to planning e-mails. Stephanie of The Planning service was amazing!!! She literally thought of everything. My husband and I were able to... Read More relax and enjoy our day without a care in the world. There is not a more well run venue in all of Asheville. The decor and facility are beautiful and I would not have changed a thing. The chef created a fantastic meal, which ALL of my guests (even the vegetarians) have been raving about. This is a one-stop shop for all of your wedding ceremony/reception needs. They were very accommodating in getting us in to set up our special request items (my chuppah). I was in an accident earlier in the week, and unable to attend to some of the remaining planning features. The staff at The Venue took care of it all, and made it the most spectacular day ever. If you are looking for a venue you need look no further.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016

Our son's rehearsal dinner was held at The Venue on May 28, 2016. What an amazing night! EVERYTHING was perfect--impeccable service, delicious food, fantastic decor. Their attention to even the smallest detail was evident and greatly appreciated throughout the entire process.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Working with The Venue staff was an incredible experience from beginning to end! We had our rehearsal dinner at The Venue on October 16, 2015. The setting was absolutely stunning yet so warm and inviting. The chef prepared delicious appetizers, a wonderful fall dinner and the... Read More desserts were amazing. The staff who worked our event was incredible. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the evening! From the moment we spoke with Marta, she was so attentive and enthusiastic about making our evening perfect. We planned our event from long distance. I worked with Jon in planning the rehearsal dinner. He approached every detail and every question that I had with wonderful advice and made sure we planned the evening to perfection. It was an absolute pleasure to work with someone who truly cared about carrying out our vision for the evening. He made sure that not only would our guests have a great time, but that the bride, groom, and ourselves could relax and enjoy the evening. And that task was easy because Marta, Jon and their staff took care of everything! Thanks to everyone at The Venue for a perfect evening and treasured memories!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

Absolutely Fabulous!! If you think we are exaggerating, just ask our guests. Every single one used the word "perfect" in their description of our rehearsal dinner at The Venue. Marta's staff anticipated every need and remembered every small request we had made in advance... Read More (i.e., groom's father, no bleu cheese on salad!). Every food item, from appetizer to dessert, was delicious. (we highly recommend 3 way shrimp) Amanda coordinated everything seamlessly. We loved having the balcony, which gave us a great cocktail area and enhanced the ambience of the party. We think it was a perfect night, but it is very reassuring to have guests tell you that it was the best rehearsal dinner that they had ever attended!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Kacy J

We are back to reality and can't stop reminiscing about our wedding day! It was truly a dream come true! Not only were we surrounded by our loved ones but we had the most beautiful setting to enjoy it all in!! We cannot say enough how grateful we are to have worked with such an... Read More amazing, professional and talented staff, that we can now call our friends! You guys really know how to put on a five star event! Everything was executed so beautifully and far exceeded the expectations we had!! We had so many compliments on the decor, food, service and venue. It was such a fairy tale wedding! Make sure to pass on our love and thanks to the planners... I didn't get their contact info! Also, our compliments to Steve. The food was incredible and everyone loved it! We are so happy we shared our wedding with you guys and are sad to part ways! Adam said he wants to stop in and hangout with you guys every time we come to Asheville! ;) Thank you again SO MUCH for everything! It could not have been more perfect!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Mary Nell B

We chose The Venue for the Rehearsal Dinner for our son and his fiancée. From my first introduction to Marta, the proprietor, Jon, the manager and Steve, the chef, I knew I had chosen the perfect place for our event. The execution of the evening was flawless and everyone on... Read More staff worked smoothly together and attention was paid to every detail – and, beyond. I wish we had a video to share with viewers of The Knot. Our family and friends are still commenting on The Venue and their enjoyment of the evening there. I would like to have the opportunity of entertaining there again! - Mary Nell Brandt, Spartanburg, SC

Reviewed on 9/27/2015

We held the rehearsal dinner for our son’s wedding at The Venue, and we could not have been happier! The setting was absolutely beautiful, but it was the service that made the experience so great. Marta, Amanda, and Jon were there for me at every turn, from helping select the... Read More menu to providing table cards on the night of the event when I had forgotten ours. Everyone was professional, knowledgeable, and just plain nice! And to make it even better, the food was delicious! Thank you all! We had a wonderful time and will definitely be back!

Reviewed on 8/22/2015 Brandi L

This is an amazing venue and it was perfect for our wedding! The food was amazing, the staff friendly and the atmosphere outstanding. We loved every minute of our time there and our guests did as well. If you have the chance to host an event here, I'd highly recommend... Read More it...they'll do a wonderful job for you too!

Perfect Rehearsal Dinner Setting

Reviewed on 5/19/2015

How do you describe an absolutely flawless evening? Perfect setting, atmosphere and impeccable service from the planning stage all the way to the event. I can't thank Marta and Jon enough for their guidance, recommendations and Chef Steve's delicious, 5-Star appetizers and meal.... Read More The Second Level was perfect for my son's Rehearsal Dinner. Cocktails on the balcony and then dinner inside was the ideal set up and made for a memorable evening. My expectations were exceeded in every way! xoxo

Great Place!

Reviewed on 12/18/2014 Meredith M

The venue was an awesome place and the staff was excellent to work with! I would definitely recommend The Venue!

Sept 2014 Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 11/12/2014

Our son and his new bride celebrated their wedding reception at the Venue on 9/20/14. Jon and his entire staff were incredibly attentive and accommodating in every detail. We did three specialty craft cocktails during the cocktail hour and they were a huge hit! The food was... Read More as good as we have ever enjoyed at a wedding reception--truly outstanding. And in addition to all the above, the place is just flat- out beautiful! The cocktail reception and bar service was in the street-level area, with the dinner and dancing up a short set of stairs. This really provided a nice separation for those guests wanting to get away from the music for a bit to visit after dinner.

The Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Jenna K

We had such an amazing wedding planning and wedding day experience with The Venue. I was so impressed with the enthusiasm all of the staff showed throughout our entire wedding process. Every detail was addressed, even things I would have overlooked. The staff was phenomenal in... Read More making sure all of our desires were met. The day of the wedding the staff took care of everything, leaving nothing for me to address or worry about. I cannot express how beautiful the event was, the food was exceptional and the specific attention we received from Marta and Jon was incredible. I would recommend The Venue to any future brides and grooms. We had the most amazing night of our lives. The whole night went so smoothly and all of that was due to Marta and Jon's hard work. Everyone who attended our wedding raved about the character The Venue possesses, how delicious the food was as well as how fantastic the service was. Thank you so much! You all made the best night of our lives one we will never, ever forget!

2015-05-20T13:22:42 Response from the vendor

It was our absolute pleasure! delighted to know you were pleased with our services. Creating Great memories is what we love to do! Best Wishes and Many Hugs to All. :)

Over the Top Elegance and Service

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Diane M

My groom and I were able to book The Venue about 4 months before our Sunday evening wedding on 21 September. Marta, Jon, and Steve are a great leadership team and know how to put on a great event. They were easy to work with and we always felt like they put us first. The... Read More Venue is a beautiful place and they gave us a wedding that will be etched for decades not only into our memories, but also the memories of the many friends and family who attended. As a bride, the biggest satisfaction I could have after the wedding was hearing from so many guests what a great time they had, how much they enjoyed the food, and how beautiful the setting was. I never heard a criticism. Advice to future brides: The Venue team knows what they are doing…listen to them and you will have a great event!

Reception, The Venue Asheville

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Sara R

The facilities at the Venue, Marta, its owner, Jon her assistant, and all of her staff were superb in all respects. They were patient and helpful though out the planning process and followed that up with an excellent execution of the entire reception evening event. The... Read More appetizers, speciality drinks, the entire meal, and the late night snacks were all absolutely wonderful. We received more compliments from out guests as to the excellence of the entire meal than we ever could have expected in fact several close friends said honestly that it was the best meal they had ever been served at a wedding event. Of particular note, not only did all the courses taste good, but their preparation and presentation were wonderful. We would highly recommend and Marta and The Venue to anyone wanting plan a remarkable event in the Asheville area. Carole R.

Pre-wedding celebration

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Danielle B

We had a destination wedding in Asheville and wanted a venue that could accommodate all of our guests for the rehearsal dinner/celebration. The venue made everything so easy to plan as they do it all in house. They have gorgeous decor, amazing food, tables, linens, AV equipment,... Read More bar etc. all built in. So easy to have everything all in one vendor especially when planning out of state. The food was incredible! We worked with Jon to plan the menu and he offered great suggestions and tips to match our theme and budget. The staff was very willing to work with us regarding custom food requests that were not on their pre-fixe options. The biscuit station with sausage gravy was a HUGE hit as was the mac and cheese! We were on the 2nd level with the balcony which was the perfect setting for our event. Highly recommend using The Venue for any function!

dream wedding!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Truman A

My new husband and I grew up in western North Carolina, so a wedding in Asheville was a must for us. We lucked out finding The Venue online. From the very beginning Marta and Jon were so accommodating and professional; they answered all of our questions and made planning a... Read More wedding from across the country so easy! The closer we got to the actual day, Jon was like a member of the wedding party; daily emails between us and him, phone calls, and encouragement..., he was so fantastic. Please, please consider The Venue for any event that you are planning. It's such a beautiful venue and the people are incredible. Our wedding was a dream because of them!!

Marta Bodenhorst

A native of Colombia, South America, Marta moved to the states over 20 years ago. Having acquired a background in Business and Hospitality Management, Marta's dreams and determination for success gave her the foundation to attain the essential qualities of an entrepreneur. Marta started her business ventures by opening a restaurant in downtown Asheville with co-founder John Bodenhorst. Marta started her own endeavors with "The Venue" , "The Venue Catering", "The Planninng", and finally "The Ridge".