Chicago's Only Full Service Wedding Band!

The Walk-ins will make your wedding the most memorable and stress free experience you can imagine! We offer a multitude of whole day services including ministry, ceremony, cocktail, dinner, dj, and reception packages with up to 9 musicians at down to earth prices to suit your exact needs!

Classical, Country, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Music

Tinley Park, IL (708) 257-8424

Best. Band. Ever.

Reviewed on 1/08/2015 Katie H

The Walk-ins were great. My guests were on the dance floor from dinner until they yelled for one more song at the end of the night. Joe worked with us all along the way and made us feel confident he was going to make sure our guests had a good time. Three months later, people... Read More are still commenting about the band from our wedding. I looked at many bands, and you could not beat their quality, dedication to your event, or value for your dollar. They played for six hours in varying configurations, and my 450 guests enjoyed every minute! I highly recommend them. They made one of the best days of our lives, that much better. Thanks Joe and The Walk-ins! Katie O'

Best Band EVER!

Reviewed on 1/07/2015 Arleigh F

Joe and band made our wedding day/night unforgettable! We met with Joe a couple times before the wedding and he helped us achieve all of our music goals. When we've asked our guests what their favorite part was they say " The Band". We highly recommend them to anyone that's... Read More looking for wedding music.

The best part of my night (aside from getting married!)

Reviewed on 1/07/2015

Every time someone brings up my wedding, the first thing they mention is how incredible The Walk-Ins were. In fact, THREE of my guests immediately booked them for their weddings after seeing them perform at ours. I appreciate this band on several levels, because I work and... Read More have worked both in the entertainment industry and the wedding industry, and can speak to how comprehensive they are in the services they provide. Their lead singer Joe Matise essentially RAN the entire day for us so we didn't have to, and we had several curve balls that he dealt with throughout the night (due to inclement weather). They had a part in everything: pre-wedding music, live acoustic music during the ceremony, announcements and being master of ceremonies during dinner, and then entertaining our guests for the remainder of the night. If I didn't already have a good friend as our minister, I would've had Joe perform the services! The Walk-Ins are consummate professionals with incredible resources at their disposal, and they are a blast. Everyone was dancing all night, they learned additional songs that were specific to my wife and I, and Joe does not REST until the dance floor is packed. They are experts at drawing the crowd in and KEEPING them there, which is no easy feat. My wife and I were careful in every choice we made for our wedding day, and nearly every decision we made worked great. But the BEST decision we made was having the Walk-Ins at our wedding.

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Juan H

We had a great experience from start to finish. We first met with Joe about a year before our wedding. He sat down with us and asked us about our music tastes, anything special we wanted in the ceremony, etc. Over the next year, Joe was available via text whenever we needed to... Read More update him on something. The day of the wedding, Joe was incredible. He basically acted as our one-man wedding planner, directing everyone before the ceremony, for the reception introductions, and did a great job running the show. We had a request for some Latin music, and Joe was able to accommodate us by adding them to his playlist during the band's breaks. They played from 8-12 with only a few short breaks and kept the dance floor rocking all night. Our guests were all very complimentary of the band and we've had a few of them ask for their information. I would HIGHLY recommend the Walk-Ins for your wedding. Besides being a great band that plays fun music that everyone will get into, Joe makes the ceremony and reception virtually stress-free. If there's an expert at throwing a fun wedding, it's Joe!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Taylor S

Best wedding band ever! I set out to get a 'non-cheesy' wedding band that would do covers and not have a corny MC. Mission accomplished and exceeded. One (or a few) guest said it was the best cover band they had ever seen! Joe was amazing through the whole process to make sure... Read More everything was exactly how we wanted it- they are super flexible with everything! I would recommend adding the horns/female vocals to your package - it really took the sound to the next level. It may take a little bit to get in touch, but once you do, it's 100% worth it! I can not recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Morgan J

The Walk-ins helped make our wedding absolutely perfect!! I honestly could not have been happier when it came to Joe officiating our ceremony, the live music throughout ceremony and cocktail hour, and the awesome entertainment during the reception. Joe made it all flawless and... Read More fun, and I never had a worry with him in charge. They were the talk of the night, and I am so thankful and happy that we chose them!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Stephanie T

We saw The Walk Ins at a family members wedding and knew we had to have them. Working with Joe throughout the whole planning process was such a breeze. We really appreciated his advice on certain situations and was always prompt to respond back when we had a question. We got the... Read More female singer and the 3 piece horn set as well, which blew all our guests away. We wanted to have specific versions of certain songs which Joe was all for. We had a few songs that aren't in the normal group of songs you hear at a wedding that they let us add in as well. We had so many of our guests stop us and comment on how amazing the band was and how it was great not to see just a do standing behind a table. You will be so amazed by them. We can't wait to see them again soon!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Katelynn S

Book them... RIGHT NOW! Not only are they phenomenal from a price standpoint, but our guests could not stop talking about Joe and how wonderful the band was. So - not only did our guests have a great time, but we couldn't dream of having worked with anyone else. Joe was so... Read More helpful throughout the entire process... we entrusted him with most of the musical choices. We gave him a few guidelines of types of genres we liked, and he just blew us away. He provided us with music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, as well as dinner and the reception! Talk about bang for your buck - and the QUALITY. We had guests tell us that they thought he was karaoke-ing at first! Haha. He has a wonderful voice and a wonderful range. We can't speak highly enough of Joe and the Walk In's - something that is especially fun about them is that this is a side gig for them. This is just something that they enjoy doing on the side, and it really SHOWS how much they enjoy it. That being said, don't expect to receive same day e-mail responses (seriously, not an issue...), but if you're one of those brides that expect that, just go into it knowing that it may take a day or so for an e-mail back - Joe is great about texting though - just shoot him a text or a phone call. He'll get back to you in a timely manner. Also - just a side note - HE IS SO INSANELY ORGANIZED. He had our day down to 'T' with specific timelines and would constantly be updating us with where we were at with the day. He was just so calm, confident, and reassuring throughout the day and I couldn't imagine having had a better band to work with. We really can't speak highly enough - don't think twice about booking with them. You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Meredith S

I wish I could give more than 5 out of 5! This is the best band ever! Words cannot even describe how amazing they were at our wedding! We went with 8-piece band which included the horns and female vocalist and I would recommend to anyone on the fence! Weeks after the wedding we... Read More are still receiving compliments about our band. Joe is extremely talented and he just knows weddings. Joe ran the entire show- from the music, to the timing, to the engagement with the crowd- Joe and the rest of the band were just absolutely wonderful. We can't wait to see them again.

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Sherri D

I can hands down say that this band made my wedding (Married on March 17, 2017). Joe Matise, the lead singer/manager, was incredible, and made me feel so comfortable right from the get-go. So let me start this review from the the beginning since I know that the whole experience... Read More with vendors, not just the day of, is important... The only thing that my husband wanted for the wedding was a live band. So we went looking for a band, but every single one we looked at was WAY out of our price range..so we basically gave up. Then my sister happened to attend a wedding where The Walk-Ins were playing, and she called me the next morning ecstatic about us having to check them out, also hearing from her friend (the bride) they were affordable on top of it. I reached out to Joe, and the first time we talked on the phone we talked for 30 mins, and he was awesome. He was so thorough and straightforward about pricing and the type of services they can offer (he can also officiate if you need that!), I immediately felt good about the situation--they were also EXTREMELY reasonably priced, only slightly more than a decent, full-time DJ for all-inclusive of ceremony, MCing, and entire reception (dinner/dancing) for 5 piece band. We then set up a time to "shadow" a wedding reception in order to hear them play. I knew that we had hit the jackpot with the band when the bride and groom came out of there way to tell us how awesome the band was, and so did their photographer...who had never worked with them before. We stayed for probably a little over an hour, but I loved their set so much that I could have partied the whole rest of the night at the wedding! So I set up my first meeting with Joe, and it was so refreshing to have it be in a relaxed, informal setting. We just met at a local bar by our house, and he brought his computer to go through the basics, and also to walk us through the whole wedding day from start to finish to help us plan out details we hadn't even thought of (and I consider myself an extremely detailed person). He created a shared Google Doc for us to continuously update all the way until the day of the wedding. On the wedding day, Joe and the band were phenomenal. He stopped in the bridal "waiting room" area before the ceremony to let me know he was there setting up and everything looked and sounded (from sound check) fantastic. From the moment the reception started, Joe was in full control and kept everything on track down to the minute. He was in contact with my banquet captain and event coordinator at the hotel to make sure everything ran smoothly. We even ran AHEAD of schedule!! He was such a comfort to me during the whole reception because I knew he was taking care of things the whole time, and I could just sit back and relax. And when it came time for the music during dinner/dancing -WOW!! My wedding guests told me it was like being at a concert. They were blown away. Because we had saved money in other places, I was able to spend a little more and add on the female singer and the 3-piece horns. They seriously knocked it out of the park. Joe was in the crowd getting people involved, he allowed my husband to perform a song with the band, and even got the older people dancing! They played songs from every genre--I would say at least 80% of our wedding was still there listening/dancing by the time the reception ended. I can't recommend The Walk-Ins more - do yourself a favor and hire them! Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Julia Q

The Walk-ins performed at our New Year's Eve wedding and are a truly phenomenal and talented band that went above and beyond our expectations. From the moment we met Joe, (manager and lead singer) he explained to us that he would literally become the day-of coordinator, if... Read More needed, and he surely did not disappoint! From guiding our friend on how to officiate, to organizing our wedding ceremony, to adjusting the length of my first dance song on VERY short notice (day of), and singing it for me beforehand in my Bridal room with his bandmate (basically a private performance) to make sure it was perfect, Joe and his band did everything they could to make sure my wedding day went as smooth as possible. The Walk-ins was also so talented to the point that they were able to free play my Dad's favorite song (a song they never played before) for him to live out his dream to sing with a live band! Better yet, at the end of the night, the venue coordinators were so impressed with them, they told me that they were the best band they had ever dealt with that they put them on their preferred vendors list! My venue has weddings and events every week for the entire year, so they are SUPER picky. My guests all raved about them as well, and said they were the best part of their night. I PROMISE the Walk-ins will be the best and most memorable part of your wedding (besides the getting married part, of course)!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Megan T

BEST. BAND. EVER. No need to keep searching, this is the band you need. We had an amazing experience with this great group of guys. Not only are they incredibly talented, but they brought so much fun energy to our wedding reception. From my 94 year old grandma to my 18 year old... Read More cousin, everyone praised this band. Our dance floor was packed the entire night. They can play everything from classics like the Beatles, 90's jams, country and even some super cool mash ups. They made a personalized 90's DJ set list for our cocktail hour. The Walk-ins even learned a couple of songs for us and personalized our reception introduction. I also thought the price was super reasonable for a 5 person band/DJ. Not only are they an awesome band, but they helped make announcements throughout the night, which was very helpful and less coordination for me. We couldn't have picked a better band.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Katrina D

The walk-ins are absolutely the best! Every person from young to old is still giving us numerous compliments about our band. A large group of our guests are even planning to see them when they are playing at a near by venue. Joe was wonderful to work with and will do anything to... Read More help you have stress free planning. The band was so accommodating to anything we needed to make the day go as planned. My wedding was a perfect day, and they are defiantly apart to thank for that! If you want guests on your dance floor all night long and have a night they wont forget, hire the walk-ins!!!!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Jim O

If I could give them 10 stars I would!!!! The Walk-ins were amazing and Joe was fantastic to work with!!! Our dance floor was packed from the first song until the reception ended with all of our guests chanting, "ONE MORE SONG, ONE MORE SONG." Joe really knows how to engage the... Read More crowd and we got so many compliments on how awesome and fun the band was. The acoustic set during cocktail hour and dinner was also fantastic. We met with Joe before the wedding and he stayed in touch via email throughout the planning process so we had no worries going into the day. He obviously knows what he is doing and took control to make sure everything ran smoothly and on time the night of the wedding. We had so many of our guests tell us that The Walk-ins were the best wedding band they had ever seen and we agree. Hiring them was one of the best wedding planning decisions we made. They really helped make our wedding the best day ever!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Colleen T

If I could give them 10 stars I would!!!! The Walk-ins were amazing and Joe was fantastic to work with!!! Our dance floor was packed from the first song until the reception ended with all of our guests chanting, "ONE MORE SONG, ONE MORE SONG." Joe really knows how to engage the... Read More crowd ans we got so many compliments on how awesome and fun the band was. ThE acoustic set during cocktail hour and dinner was also fantastic. We met with Joe before the wedding and he stayed in touch via email throughout the planning process so we had no worries going into the day. He obviously knows what he is doing and took control to make sure everything ran smoothly and on time the night of the wedding. We had so many of our guests tell us that The Walk-ins were the best wedding band they had ever seen and we agree. Hiring them was one of the best wedding planning decisions we made. They really helped make our wedding the best day ever!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Kristy V

This band is a Great choice. I have had numerous comments on how great the Band was at our Wedding! Not only did they perform great, they were awesome to work with. I highly recommend them and will certainly use them for other events.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Katie R

We had a fun fall wedding with The Walk-ins as our live band. Our guests enjoyed an acoustic set during happy hour in the adjoining bar at our venue, sang into the microphone with Joe and danced with him as he wandered the room during and after dinner, and danced the night away... Read More after dinner to classics and recent hits. Joe made sure to play all of my specially requested songs, including a line dance for my sisters and me. He also chose a perfect song for my husband and mother-in-law when my husband asked for a recommendation. The band knew how to bring EVERYONE out on the dance floor, even my boss and shy mother-in-law. In addition to keeping the energy up all night, The Walk-ins are affordable to help you remain in your budget. We highly recommend this band for a wedding reception.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Sarah S

Joe and the entire band are amazing. Everyone is still talking about how great of a band they were. They played such a variety and kept everyone dancing. It was a great atmosphere without being too loud or overly crazy. They knew to get all ages involved and up and dancing.... Read More I think what I loved the most about them was their beautiful singing during our wedding ceremony. I wish I had a videographer to go back and hear the songs and music. Joe was amazing and really got to know us as a couple. We both appreciated the time and effort he took to get to know us, meet with us, and prepare a beautiful ceremony for us. they are a steal when it comes to wedding music, especially live music. Go with them. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Jenna S

The Walk-ins did an amazing job. They played for my ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner set, and the reception. Everything was perfectly organized. Joe made me feel like a guest at my own wedding, I did not worry about a thing. I recommend this band! Not only was the reception... Read More an absolute blast the dinner set was beautiful. I have not stopped hearing compliments about the music.

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Elizabeth G

The Walkins are AMAZING! We got married at the end of June and the Walkins played during our cocktail hour, dinner, and reception. The variety was amazing and they really interacted with all the guests! Everyone was out dancing. We have received so many complements since the... Read More wedding. Everyone was in love with them! They are also a great value! It's amazing the service you get for what they charge. They are so talented and go over everything with you before the wedding so everything is perfect. Joe emcees the event and really keeps things moving. There is no down time. I knew they were the band for me when Joe told me that if guests don't have a drink in their hand or food they're not having a good time. If you're considering a DJ for your wedding, I would really recommend thinking twice and checking out the Walkins cause they are amazing!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Elizabeth T

Absolute BEST. Every person at my wedding was on the dance floor all night and all they could say was "this band is amazing". The week after my wedding people kept just telling me how amazing the band was. Honestly, 100% recommend them, without a doubt the BEST bang for your... Read More buck!! Great deal and GREAT band!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Madeline L

Joe and The Walk-ins absolutely MADE our wedding day. To start, we were shocked by how affordable they were compared to other local bands and DJs, especially given all they have to offer. From the time we met Joe a year before to start planning, he made us comfortable and... Read More excited about our big day. As our officiant, he was eloquent and added personal touches that helped make it unique to us. From the ceremony, through cocktail hour and the reception, the music was perfect. They even learned several songs for us. Joe was the MC of the evening that kept things running smoothly, and took care of any issues that came up without needing to involve us. By the time night fell and the dancing began, the dance floor was packed. We couldn't believe how many people raved about the band and asked for their contact info. We can't recommend them enough, they will absolutely make your wedding truly memorable!!!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Kristin S

We'd give them 6 stars if it were possible. They ran the whole show, so we didn't have to worry about anything during the wedding. The dance floor was packed the whole night, and it got sweaty!! All of our guests were asking about our awesome band, The Walkins, and weeks later... Read More people are still talking about how much fun they had on the dance floor! One guest even mentioned that she couldn't decide which band was better, the guys that played on the rooftop during cocktail hour, or the guys who played during the reception.......until I informed her that they were the same guys!! They played the whole night, and made sure that everything ran smoothly! If I were you, I would book them right now, because all of our engaged friends and family will be looking to book them after hearing them play at our wedding! Seriously can't say enough about these guys. They put on a GREAT show, and Joe was amazing to work with through the entire process!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016

This band is nothing short of amazing! All of our guest commented on how great the band was. I appreciated that they played such a variety of music, that everyone could enjoy. Joe officiated our wedding and did a fantastic job with adding in some last minute changes and... Read More personal touches. The Walk-ins will not disappoint.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Mike C

I can't even put into words how great Joe and his band were at our wedding. They absolutely rocked it and no one left the dance floor all night. They also provide acoustic music for our ceremony & cocktail hour. Joe also MC'd our event. They literally did everything we asked... Read More and didn't blink an eye. He went out of his way to make sure everything went smoothly for our special day. He was hands down the single best investment I made for the event.