Asbury Park, NJ

Reminiscent of a 1930’s and 1940’s NYC Supper Club. This non-traditional oceanfront setting will create the perfect ambiance for a night you and your guests will never forget …

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

1200 Ocean Avenue, Asbury Park, NJ

Best Wedding on the Jersey Shore

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Jeanna C

We had our wedding on April 12, 2014 at McLoone's Supper Club. We chose this site because we did not want your traditional wedding venue. We had a cocktail reception overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and the historical city of Asbury Park. Since our first day meeting with... Read More Rachel, she was amazing. Rachel listened to our needs and wants & made sure our wedding was everything we dreamed of. Rachel & her entire staff were wonderful & so nice, polite & accommodating!!! The food was delicious , the atmosphere was perfect, & the staff were beyond helpful. Our family & friends are still talking about our wedding because of the great food, staff and the beautiful view. Thank you to Rachel & her staff for making our wedding a dream come true!!!

Go with McLoone's

Reviewed on 4/24/2014 Sarah S

Rachel K. is great at her job, and makes the entire experience of working with Tim McLoone's Supper Club so easy, respectful, and gratifying. She went out of her way to give us the best wedding day we could have imagined, bent over backward and did flips in the air to make sure... Read More we got more than our money's worth, and never stopped working for us, the clients. So great. Definitely have your wedding here. Asbury Park is really changing nowadays, but it's still got a great vibe, and having your wedding at the beach and on the boardwalk will give you and your guests beautiful, lasting memories. We couldn't be happier.

Reviewed on 3/28/2014 Rebecca D

We had a wonderful time at Tim McLoone's Supper Club. Everyone raved about the food and the space is very unique. The full bar inside was a major plus. Rachel, the wedding coordinator, was extremely helpful and everything went very smooth. She was a pleasure to work with. The... Read More price was reasonable compared to other venues on the beach that we looked at. The only down side to the venue is the size. If you have a really large guest list, McLoone's probably can't accommodate you. For us the size was actually a plus because it forced us to keep our guest list manageable. We had about 150 guests.

Unique and Amazing Shore Venue!

Reviewed on 11/12/2015

Tim McLoone's Supper Club was the first venue my wife and I looked at; we instantly fell in love and didn't need to look any further. We always knew we didn't want a cookie-cutter banquet hall or ballroom, and McLoone's (in the old Howard Johnson's building), is anything but!... Read More It's gorgeous, funky, iconic, and an intimate atmosphere for a smaller wedding. We had just under 60 people and it never felt empty. The 360 panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean, Boardwalk, and city are breathtaking. And Asbury Park is a unique place we both love! When we began working with Rachel, the event director, we knew immediately that we were in good hands. She made planning seamless and went above and beyond to bring our whole vision to life. We wanted to have a meatless wedding, and when we requested falafel and mushroom risotto, she and the chef said "no problem!" She handled getting the permits and other details coordinated for our beach ceremony, and ensured our decorations were set up perfectly on the big day. We barely had to lift a finger; Rachel and the entire wonderful staff took care of everything and totally eased our stress. We were able to truly enjoy our wedding thanks to their amazing skills and constant assistance. We cannot find enough words to express our gratitude! The value was also excellent for this area. McLoone's has flexible options and packages to choose from and the food is plentiful and delicious! No one even missed the meat at our wedding and everyone had their fill. Much better than your typical wedding fare. And the inclusion of open bar and a gorgeous custom wedding cake from Chocolate Carousel in nearby Wall provide even more for your money. If you are looking for a unique and memorable wedding experience, McLoone's might just be your venue. My wife and I can confidently say our wedding was a dream--and it was FUN! If you're looking to get married at the Jersey Shore, you owe it to yourselves to check this place out.

flawless experience

Reviewed on 11/07/2015 Elizabeth M

We had an August 2015 wedding and could not have been happier with our decision. Rachel and her staff are beyond helpful, professional, and timely. McLoone's provided a great combination of non-traditional but had all of the ease that a large venue could offer (set up and... Read More breakdown, excellent food/drinks included in the cost, attentive staff). Rachel took care of everything from start to finish - permits for the beach, coordinating with venders day of, and even putting up every one of my painstaking DIY decorations to keep our cost manageable. There are a lot of options to make the space what you want (keeping the star wall or turing to off, adjusting the uplighting, bringing your own decor), and there was plenty of space for our guests to move around in and outside of the venue. The cake included was beautiful and delicious (and helped with a gluten free option very easily), and our guests could not say enough about the delicious food and drinks - they even packed us leftovers so we could eat it later and try a bit of everything! They were upfront about pricing and you are able to customize so many options to fit your budget. Lastly, having been a guest to many weddings - staff is important. We receive so many compliments of the staff being friendly, attentive, helping guests get out stains from wine spills and returning a very valuable diamond tennis bracelet that fell off of a guests wrist. Would highly recommend! Thanks you for a relaxing and memorable event!

We really love this place, and they did a Fabulous job with our Wedding!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Kim M

They always had the right look, but how would they do with our very unique themed wedding...they knocked it out of the park. All my questions always answered in a timely matter. Always helpful and nice. The whole staff treated us so well. The food was excellent, though you... Read More sometimes forget to eat while running around to all your guest. We had the leftovers the next day, so good. I highly recommend the Supper Club. We even went back last week for dinner, gonna be getting their frequent diner card next. Oh, also great brunch with wedding guest the day after. This is a great place, no doubt about it. Thank you Supper Club!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Greg B

PERFECTION. That's how I'd describe our wedding reception at Tim McLoone's Supper Club, from start to finish. Our banquet manager, Rachel, was extremely attentive and took care of every last detail from the moment we booked. She and our coordinator Jillian made the whole... Read More process seamless and easy and we are so grateful. We had a ton of decorations with specific instructions and they executed everything perfectly. The entirety of the staff here is friendly, professional, and go above and beyond to help you. The venue itself is gorgeous and so different from any other wedding venue I've seen - it is a true supper club atmosphere and made for an unforgettable, unique night. Our guests are still raving about it - I've heard countless times now that this was "the best wedding we've ever been to!" The location is awesome - there's plenty of great entertainment right down the Asbury boardwalk for an afterparty. The food was delicious! There are countless options to customize your night. Our guests LOVED everything from the cocktail hour appetizers to the main course. This was truly the best night of our lives and we are forever thankful to the team at McLoone's!

Amazing food and location!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Laura P

We could not have asked for a more perfect place to hold our wedding reception. We live locally and have always admired the building, the location and the food. When we stopped by one Saturday and looked upstairs they were setting up for a wedding and the room looked incredible.... Read More At that moment we both knew this was the venue for us. From the moment we contacted McLoone’s they were very helpful, responsive and professional. Rachel was our event coordinator and she was a dream to work with. She was patient and helped us through every step of the process to bring our vision to life and make sure our wedding day was exactly what we wanted. She truly went above and beyond to make the whole process as easy as possible and ensured that everything was setup exactly as we wanted on our big day. If you are looking for a unique, fun, memorable wedding experience then McLoone’s might be the perfect venue for you. We received so many compliments from guests boasting about the food, atmosphere, and the overall experience – it was truly unlike any other wedding they have ever been to. Most importantly, we had the most amazing night, enjoyed every moment of our reception and couldn’t have been happier. Thanks again McLoone’s and Rachel for make our day so special.

Highly recommend

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

I can't praise McCloone's enough. We had a small (60) afternoon wedding in September. The whole process from booking the facility to the actual day was seamless and, more importantly, painless! Rachel and her team really know what they are doing and were so easy to work... Read More with! The day was perfect! The service people were great, friendly, accommodating and EVERYONE (including an incredibly picky grand,other) raved about the food!!! The only thing thing I would say is there was TOO much food! I asked to have the leftovers brought to a food-bank as it was a little obscene. Hopefully that happened! Overall I would do it all again! Great location to boot!

Spectacular Reception Venue

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

McLoone's Supper Club in Asbury Park was an excellent partner in creating and implementing our wedding plans. The event planning staff was amazing and helped us every step of the way as we created our reception from menu planning to decorations and everything in between. We... Read More especially loved that the package was all-inclusive (food, bar, wedding cake, AV package for lights/music, simple table decor). We had one vendor for most of our major expenses and that really helped everything feel streamlined and easy to manage. As for the day itself, we really felt taken care of. They made setup seamless. We were able to have access to the room early to take pictures. They took care of boxing all of our leftover favors, food, decorations, etc. for us so that we could celebrate with our guests after the reception. Our guests are still talking about the amazing food and views! The cocktail hour had such ample portions that the guests felt stuffed just on the passed hors d'ourves. We opted for the buffet package and everyone raved about the food. McLoone's worked with us to make the menu suit our specific tastes and everything came out perfectly. I'd definitely recommend the buffet since it still felt very elegant and was extremely cost effective. Also, the food at the buffet was extremely plentiful. They did an excellent job of providing for our guests. Maybe the best part of the whole experience are the spectacular views you get from the second floor of the historic building. We had the run of the whole top floor including the 360 degree balcony overlooking both the hip & happening beachfront and the ocean. It was perfect for picture taking. It also allowed guests to feel like they had the freedom to roam about. Many have remarked that they loved the space for the views, for the way it felt really spacious and for the fact that they enjoyed both indoor and outdoor space. I'd wholeheartedly recommend McLoone's for your wedding. It was the second best choice we made for our wedding, behind only the choice we made to marry each other!

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Missy V

I cannot say enough amazing things about my experience at Tim McLoone's Supper Club. I got married on the beach in June 2015 followed by a reception at McLoone's. From day one the staff was incredibly patient, sweet, knowledgeable and quick to respond! I began working with... Read More Rachel Koeppel. She was wonderful, we worked with her up until a month before our wedding. She went on maternity leave and we were introduced to Blaire Katz. I was worried since we had been working with someone for over a year regarding our wedding. Blaire was fabulous and exceeded my expectations! I had an incredible experience with her, every last minute email and crazy question she handled with patience and details. Melinda, our maitre'd was on point! I had a large bridal party, 7 Bridesmaids/6 Groomsmen with family walking out for the ceremony. Melinda handled it like a pro. We were late coming back from our photos, Melinda was patient and handled everything while we were gone. There were last minute issues with our DJ regarding introductions. Melinda was composed, heard what I wanted and communicated it to the DJ effortlessly. Before the wedding I took photos by myself, I was able to see my vision come to life before my eyes, it was powerful. McLoone's and the staff got everything right. The AV guy Tony got my video to play, which was quite the feat. I had live performers and McLoone's supplied all of the equipment. Tony made sure everything was set up and sounded great. Blaire let us keep all of our items in the Bridal Suite since there wasn’t an event the next day. The next day we came by and she gave us food, including everything from our Cocktail Hour. This meant so much to us since we missed it. We couldn't fit our wedding arch in the car, Blaire said we could keep it there until we got back from our honeymoon. I couldn't have asked for a more attentive group of people and unique venue.

Can't go wrong at Mcloone's!

Reviewed on 1/03/2015 Lindsay R

I got married at McLoone's Supper Club on November 7th, 2014 and the entire experience was wonderful! From the moment we saw the venue and met with the banquet coordinator, we knew this was our place, and it did not disappoint. They helped us every step of the way and were... Read More always there to answer any questions that we had. When the big day finally arrived the room looked absolutely beautiful and everything flowed so seamlessly. We actually had our ceremony inside as well and I was worried that there may be some logistical problems with the seating and moving the guests and tables, but it was not a problem at all as they took care of everything. The staff was unbelievably friendly and helpful to my husband and I, as well as all of our guests. And I haven't even gotten to the food yet! Several of my guests commented that it was the best wedding food they have ever had and that there was an abundance of food to choose from. The portions were full sized, not the small measly portions you usually get as your entree at a wedding. I can't say enough good things about McLoone's. They made the day I was dreaming of for so long as magical as I hoped it would be. If you choose to have your wedding there you will not be sorry!

Amazing wedding

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Amanda T

I am so glad I had my wedding at McLoone's. The staff were helpful every step of the way and the venue is really different from most wedding venues. Definitely worth considering if you are sick of looking at the same cookie-cutter banquet halls. The prices were very fair and the... Read More food was so good, I wish I had eaten more of it! Also, they are pretty flexible with their menu as I had lots of vegan/vegetarians at my wedding. The staff had no problem providing lots of options for them for my cocktail-style reception. Cannot recommend this place enough!

Absolutely Perfect

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Kristen M

We were married in May 2014 (Memorial Day Weekend), and it took me far too long to post this. To put it simply, Tim McLoone’s Supper Club helped me create my dream wedding, and I cannot be more thankful. This is definitely not the traditional wedding venue, but if you are... Read More looking for some early Hollywood charm, a (not literal) smoky 30’s night club vibe, or just a nice intimate venue with a gorgeous beach wedding and the best event planner one could ask for, this might be your place. Located in Asbury Park in the old circular Howard Johnson building, the Supper Club was not a place we found on our own. Knowing we wanted a beach wedding, we looked into some traditional venues, including another McLoone property in Long Branch. I received an email reply to my inquiry from Rachel, who sent us the Supper Club info as well, just in case we might want to look there as an option. As we we're in the Asbury Park area anyway, we thought we give it a look, and we fell in love with the venue immediately. Food was delicious, views from the upper floor and balcony spectacular, and Rachel even made it clear they could accommodate any reasonable request and arrange everything for the beach ceremony, including the permits with reasonable costs and limited hassle. From start to finish the Supper Club was easy to work with, and on the day of the Wedding itself everything was as close to perfect as humanly possible. My guests were blown away by the professionalism and attentiveness of the staff, and I could not recommend both Rachel and the venue enough. My friends are already asking when we can renew our vows there again for another celebration! Definitely an amazing place, and I look forward to spending my anniversaries there for years to come.

Outstanding Wedding at McCloone's

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

From the initial planning stages of my wedding, to the final dance, McCloone's provided superior service in every way. Rachel, the event planner, provided guidance and helpful suggestions, making the entire process stress-free. The event was perfectly executed, and the food... Read More was superb and plentiful. Top shelf liquor wasn't bad either! I highly recommend McCloone's Supper club in Asbury Park for any special event!

Not your typical wedding venue. gorgeous view!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Elizabeth D

I literally have nothing negative to say about this venue. I loved Rachael our wedding coordinator of McLoone's. SShe is such a wonderful person and so helpful. Only negative aspect of the wedding I was not able to set up the room before my wedding begin there was an event... Read More before my wedding and couldnt set up until 4:30/5:00 when the wedding began at 7:00 but luckily the staff was amazing and was able to set the room up the way I envisioned it. FOOD WAS THE BEST! I've been in many weddings and have gone to many weddings, many weddings where the budget was over 100k and still the food as this venue was pretty darn good to 5 star. Thanks again! PLEASE consider having your wedding here! Happiest Bride from Jersey!

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Maggie M

I'm so thankful we chose the Supper Club for our wedding reception. Rachel was so organized and responsive. I don't know how she does it! She even got us a keg of Kane beer, which my husband requested. Everything went so smoothly. They arranged all of our decorations better than... Read More I could have. And the food was outstanding. Such a unique venue, we really loved it. And it rained during our whole reception. I didn't even care! Thanks to the McCloone's staff for everything!

Lunch Wedding

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Kayla L

I rented the top floor of Mcloone's for my wedding reception. My wedding coordinator was Rachel Koeppel and she was WONDERFUL. I made a lot of changes during the planning stages (and some last minute) and she was nothing but kind and helpful the whole time. The staff was... Read More extremely nice and the room was beautiful (all dark wood with wall of windows overlooking the ocean). I would absolutely use them again for a future event.

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Lauren M

I am from New Jersey and my husband is from Pennsylvania. I have a complete love of antiquities and all things vintage. I go gaga for a good patina, and my husband loves the ocean. When we were looking for the perfect place to declare our love, Asbury Park was the only place we... Read More considered. It is an absolute perfect mesh of both our interests. In addition, the boardwalk is fantastic; it is full of history and a quirky coolness like no other place I have known. Tim McLoone’s Supper Club is nestled on the boardwalk, right next to the Paramount Theater and Convention Hall with a stunning view of the ocean and a panoramic view of Asbury Park. We loved it instantly and not just because of the amazing architectural component of the building. When we went for our first meeting with the venue, we met Rachel. I could never find the words to describe such an individual—but ‘incredible’ would be on the top of the list. Rachel is the Banquet Coordinator for Tim McLoone’s Supper Club. She is patient and very kind. From the start, we felt totally at ease and trusted her with all our hearts to create the wedding of our dreams. She was honest with us, and that was really refreshing. She left open lines of communication throughout the entire process, and whenever I would email her with crazy bride questions, she always responded thoroughly and promptly with total friendliness. A few days before the event, we dropped off all our decorations and favors—and Rachel and her team decorated everything for us! The result was beyond our wildest dreams; the venue looked stunning. The wedding included just around 100 guests, and everyone fit perfectly. We chose the Romeo and Juliet Wedding Package for the reception, and we were thrilled with the results. Our cocktail hour was unbeatable. Guests could not believe the food kept coming and coming! The food was dynamite and prepared perfectly. My husband, the ocean-lover, got to have his raw bar, and boy was he a happy man. No one left hungry, and we had leftovers! As brides and grooms are wont to do, we were so excited, we nearly forgot to eat. Rachel personally brought us food at our table and made sure we had some of everything. The five hour open bar was awesome, and everyone loved the signature drink. At the end of the night, when my husband and I were in a whirlwind of goodbyes, we were pleasantly surprised to find that the staff had wrapped up all the leftovers for us to take back to the hotel for our friends to enjoy. The staff also took care of packing up all our belongings, gifts and decorations and carried it to the car. We literally had everything taken care of, and did not worry about a thing. That is why we loved having our wedding at Tim McLoone’s. We could have had our wedding anywhere, but we chose a venue that was not a cookie cutter venue, truly cared about what we wanted and honored our vision in its entirety. I would recommend Tim McLoone’s Supper Club to anyone, with the highest accolades. We are forever grateful. This place is a gem.

Reviewed on 11/08/2013 Mia D

First off, let me tell you I have been in the special events industry for over 10 years with half of those years as an event planner handling budgets in the six digits. I know what is out there and it's hard to please me (and to be honest my small budget) and I was... Read More IMPRESSED! My then Fiance and & I were looking for a venue that was unique, accommodate our 85 person guest list without looking like half the party didn't show up, the ability to have a beach ceremony, and fit our budget. The Supper Club was the perfect fit! It's right along the Asbury Park boardwalk, which is a special place for me as it holds many childhood memories and a special place for my husband and I. Plus you have 2 hotels in walking distance (we chose the Empress for price and service). Rachel Koeppel is fabulous to work with. period. end of story. Yes, she is that good and I should know! The food was fantastic...I still have family remarking on it! The lobster ravioli was to die for, the filet mignon was like butter, and can I just say I never order chicken in a restaurant yet the chicken florentine was just as good as the filet...I am serious! Cocktail food was great too! We chose the highest package which had the most courses. This was driven partly to meet the food & beverage minimum but mainly by my Father as he was footing the bill for the food and he wanted people to have their fill. Our guests certainly had their fill! Though I have to say looking back on it, all the courses did limit the dance time so if you really want to party you should keep that in mind. If you have to meet the minimum like us, I would suggest adding stations onto your cocktail hour or having the farewell beverage station for the end of the night so you can get more dance time in. I will say Rachel and her staff kept a great flow with the service all night so we did get in some good dance sets. I should mention that Rachel was present through my whole wedding from set up to breakdown. You don't find that at many venues. Often the person you work with will be on site for set up but are gone before the first course hits the table. She made sure everything ran smoothly and it was reflected in overall feel of the wedding. I did not stress one bit and that says a lot from someone who ends up directing staff at most of the weddings I attend. The wedding cake was supplied by Piece O' Cake in Shrewsbury. I chose white cake with cannoli (small up-charge, so worth it!) and raspberry preserve filling with vanilla buttercream icing. It was AMAZING! The cake was moist and the icing was not too sweet, the perfect amount of both fillings, and it was true buttercream...no greasy mouth-feel just creamy goodness. I have had one too many pieces of bad cake in my time in the event industry and I gotta say this was one of the best, beating out top NYC cake designers I like. You get your monies worth at the Supper Club hands down. I have worked with clients that have paid more than triple what we paid per person and did not have as great of an end result as we did. If you are looking for a unique space with great value, food, and expertise then get Rachel on the phone and book this venue!

Very Detail Oriented

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Robyn B

My husband and I live in NC and we planned our wedding to be in NJ since I'm from there originally. Tim McLoone's was recommended to us through a friend. From day 1, they were very responsive and very easy to talk to. Rachel Koeppel was our coordinator and she was fabulous.... Read More She was positive and paid attention to every single detail. She made us feel comfortable and really understood our vision. Everything went smoothly and we could not be happier with the final result.

Beautiful Beach Wedding

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 heather l

We had our wedding ceremony on 9/22/13 on the beach in front of the Asbury Park Mcloones and reception in Mcloones. Rachel K from Mcloones was awesome she took care of all the details for the beach ceremony, and the reception was spot on. Everyone loved the location, atmosphere,... Read More and food. Cant say enough about the staff (all were kind and accomodating) and the food was excellent. I highly recommend TIm Mcloones Supperclub for any wedding or party event.

Taryn Buck

Reviewed on 7/10/2013 Taryn F

From start to finish my wedding was perfect (besides the tropical storm) at Tim McLoone's Supper Club. Rachel Koppel the wedding coordinator is simply the BEST!!! She was extremely helpful with EVERYTHING and always stayed in contact from start to finish. The food is amazing,... Read More and the staff are great! If you are looking for a great place with amazing views of the beach this is the place to be. Thanks again Rachel!!!!

Ceremony and Reception

Reviewed on 5/14/2013 Paige H

Our wedding at Tim McLoone's Supper Club in Asbury Park was perfect!! I could not imagine a more helpful and friendly staff!! Rachel was amazing!! She took care of every detail and made sure we had a perfect night! I made all of my own centerpieces and decorations and she put... Read More them all together perfectly day of! Our ceremony was held on the beach and she made sure everything happen flawlessly and on time. Our Cocktail hour was outside on the deck and I still have guests raving about the food! It was served hot and there was never a waiting period for someone walking around. My husband and I were busy with photos at the time so they put a plate of all the appetizers for us at our table when we walked in. Our reception was perfect. The food was amazing and served perfectly. I got nothing but compliments from everyone that attended! The room for events at the Supper Club makes for the most romantic, fun and intimate experience. The back wall makes the most perfect background for photos once the sun goes down! The multiple areas for people to hang out throughout the venue assures everyone has a comfort spot. I could not imagine a better place for my wedding. The room is very different from your usual hotel wedding and it was exactly what we thought expressed our personalities. If you want a fun and different atmosphere and a place that is sure to impress your guests on multiple levels, McLoone's Supper Club is the place you must book! I will be sure to find excuses to hold events in the future just so I can use this room again!!

Everyone said it was "the best wedding they have E

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Amie M

When searching for our wedding venue, we thought we had a near impossible list of "must haves" in mind --but we found everything we wanted in McLoone's Supper Club! As a same-sex couple, we knew we wanted to be in a place that would make us feel comfortable and treat us with... Read More dignity and respect from the start. This is something we instantly felt from McLoone's staff. The place is right on the water, giving guests sweeping views of the ocean all night. Food is out of this world --even with some of our guest being chefs they gave it top notch reviews! Rachel was easy to work with, especially on the day of the wedding where we felt like she handled everything flawlessly. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at the supper club. All well perfect. We opted for no chafing dishes at the cocktail hour which worked out great because there was more than enough food. MUST have the crab cake for appetizer and we went with the regular steak option (no upgrade to filet). The portions on dinner are HUGE! The overall atmosphere of the place is intimate and unique and the staff were truly amazing and accommodating. Prices are affordable (at least compared to the rest of the wedding prices out there...). Would reccommend to any couple looking for something different than a traditional reception hall.