The best dance hits of all time...

Time Pilots are a 5-piece dance party band. We have saxophone, guitar, bass, keyboards and drums - and 3 of us are lead vocalists. We play everything from Frank Sinatra to Justin Timberlake - all at a budget-friendly price. Looking for a bigger band? Ask us about optional female vocalist and/or additional horns.

Instruments

Guitar, Harmonica, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Vocals

Dance, Disco, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment

Portland, ME Maine & New England (207) 233-5435

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Marissa B

Where do I even begin on these guys? From the first time we saw them play, we KNEW this was the perfect band for our wedding. Selecting a band was important to us- my husband is a musician himself, and I'd always dreamed of a wedding where all the guests would be on their feet.... Read More Time Pilots MORE than satisfied both of us. The musicianship was excellent (the saxophone player stunned everyone in the room) and to say everyone was on their feet was an understatement. Their energy was electric, and even the most curmudgeonly guests couldn't resist busting a move. The band played songs across genres and decades, keeping everyone on the dance floor all day. Plus, they pulled my husband onstage with them to sing the last song, which ended the reception on the highest note! I could write an entire book about working with Jon, but I suppose that would be a pretty long book. In short, I wish Jon could have planned my entire wedding. He was organized, kind, and lovely through each step of the process. The band has a lot of responsibility to keep the reception moving, and I trusted Jon fully to keep everything on track. I didn't even stress for a second during the day- I knew Jon had it under control. I cannot say enough good things about the Time Pilots. Our wedding was the best day of our lives, and the best party we'll ever have. A big part of this success was Jon and the whole band. You'll love their music, your guests will love their music, and most importantly, you'll love working with them. If I could give them six stars, I would in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Mackenzie P

Where do we start!!! Time Pilots absolutely blew us away from day one all the way to the wedding. Jon from the first time we spoke immediately put us at ease and started providing us with suggestions, information and a million other things we never knew we would have to think... Read More about. They provided us sound bites for practicing our first dance, they responded to phone calls and emails very timely, and overall customer service was beyond 5 star. They brought so much energy and a great music selection to our wedding, our friends and families are still raving about the music and how much fun they had because of the band. Overall the band went above and beyond, we take great pleasure in suggesting them for any event or wedding!!

2016-10-10T07:46:18 Response from the vendor

Stewart and Mackenzie, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We also had an amazing time at your wedding, and you were incredibly easy clients to work with from start to finish. Congratulations again on your marriage!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Katie G

The Time Pilots played our wedding last weekend (Labor Day 2016) and were amazing! Jon is so easy to work with and answered all our emails promptly. Upon our first meeting with Jon, he helped us plan out a timeline for the reception which was very helpful. He made us feel very... Read More comfortable and even more excited for our wedding day. I was not the most organized bride, I even made some last minute changes the day of the wedding and Jon just rolled with it. The band was very gracious to allow my father to play a pre-recorded song he wrote specifically for our wedding. They even invited him up to sing a few songs. All our guests were dancing, young and old. They have such a good selection of music and learned our first dance song by Bruce Springsteen. We had so many compliments towards the band. There are many reasons why I want to relive my wedding day, and one of them is to hear the band play again :) I would recommend the Time Pilots for any event, they are outstanding!

2016-09-11T06:29:05 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you for such a kind and detailed review. We appreciate so, so much that you took the time to write this. We had such an amazing time with both of you, and your dad's song was not only a special moment, but incredibly... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Drew S

Our experience with the Time Pilots, from beginning to end, was absolutely fantastic. I feel like I've been talking about them non-stop since our wedding ended -- and our guests have been, too. The level of professionalism that Jon and the group exhibited was... Read More second-to-none. From contract to coordination and every step in between, communication was timely, considerate, and effective. They treated us extremely well and in the midst wedding planning craziness, I can't state how important that was. The night of our wedding was more of the same. My wife felt truly special by how Jon and the group treated her and I did, too. It was smooth sailing from ceremony until the end of the reception. The Time Pilots are a band, of course, so I'd be remiss if I did not talk about their music. It's easy -- they killed it. The set list was a wonderful balance between classic rock and pop songs and there was something for everyone at the wedding. Their energy throughout the show was also huge, and in particular, they absolutely crushed the end of the night. In one of the best memories of my life (and I do not say that lightly) our entire reception was singing at the top of their lungs as the Time Pilots shut the place down. It was truly special. Goosebumps-type stuff. I'd like to give a special shout out to the saxophonist, who was playing his brass like a man possessed. If I could have him tail me and play the soundtrack to my life, I would. If you're even considering the Time Pilots, do yourself a favor - stop considering. Do it. Book them. I have no question in my mind that they'll help you create a night just like they did for me, and there is no question that you and your guests will love it and remember it forever.

2016-11-12T17:36:45 Response from the vendor

Drew, we can't thank you enough. This review is so thorough and detailed! We had a blast partying with you and Erin. Your friends and family were amazing too!! We truly appreciate that we were able to be part of your wedding.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Drew S

2016-11-12T17:35:09 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Nora L

If you're looking for a wedding band look no further! The Time Pilots played our wedding at Sebasco Harbo on 08/27/16 and were the life of the party. Their music selection was perfect, they had our guests ranging in age from 2 to 90 years old dancing all night. They allowed our... Read More guests on stage and even had guests playing their instruments and singing songs! The band was always going the extra mile for us, learning new songs and taking less breaks than agreed upon to keep the party going. They also played our ceremony music and did a wonderful job. Working with Jon was a phenomenal, he always replied quickly and removed any potential stressors we had. All of our guests loved the band and we continue to hear compliments about them daily, especially their killer Hora. The Time Pilots are true professionals and are extremely customer oriented; if you want to have an amazing dance party at your wedding hire the Time Pilots, you will not regret it!

2016-09-04T20:11:59 Response from the vendor

You guys!!! Thanks very, very much for such a kind review. Your family was amazing. We're still talking about your grandmother's reading at the ceremony. So sweet and well said. And those toasts, well... you know. :) Congrats to both of you. We wish you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Meghan F

The Time Pilots were incredible from start to finish- from the planning stages to the big day- they were on point! They are extremely accommodating, professional, and will do a wonderful job entertaining your guests at your wedding! They keep the energy high and fun the whole... Read More time, they are interactive with your guests and engaging, and they are simply incredibly talented. The Time Pilots play music that everyone invited to your wedding will love! They were super responsive communicating with us during the planning phases were we worked with them on picking first dance songs, and songs for special things like introductions. They helped us come up with an organized plan and schedule for our music and things that were happening at the reception to ensure things would move along smoothly. Jon even provided us with music options for our first dance and parent dances when I was having a hard time choosing one! They are even willing to learn a song or two for your wedding if there is one that they don't already know! Everything went super smoothly and the Time Pilots played a big role in that! We highly recommend the Time Pilots!!

2016-09-03T08:59:34 Response from the vendor

Guys, thank you soooooo much for taking the time to write such a detailed and thoughtful review. We LOVED working with you. You were so easygoing from start to finish that it made it a breeze for us. We hope we'll continue to see you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/31/2016

The Time Pilots are fantastic! They played at our July 2016 wedding reception at Ocean Gateway in Portland, Maine. Three reasons why we loved them: #1: So easy to work with –– Jon goes out of his way to make the planning process a snap. We felt immediately comfortable from the... Read More first time we met him. He is transparent. He keeps you up-to-date. He wants you to relax and enjoy your special day. #2: They go above and beyond –– We loved that The Time Pilots have a sax, but unfortunately their lead saxophonist was unavailable during our date. Not a problem. Jon and his crew found a rockstar replacement and the horns sounded tremendous. #3: They got people dancing, and I mean everyone –– In advance of our wedding, The Time Pilots asked us for a couple of songs we might want them to learn. We requested 'Born to Run' and 'You Can Call Me Al'. Needless to say these two songs were beautifully done. Friends and family flocked to the dance floor. Book The Time Pilots. Do it. Right now! You will not be disappointed. Love, Owen + Kellie

2016-08-26T09:10:10 Response from the vendor

Owen & Kellie, thank you very, very much for such a great review. From the first time we met at Starbucks, we knew this would be one rockin' party. You guys did not disappoint. So easygoing and fun from start to finish! Congrats again on... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Jennifer D

The best decision we made was having the Time Pilots play at our wedding. They were incredible! I would give them an A+++. Their performance was exciting and energetic. The dance floor was packed the whole night. My husband and I also loved how flexible the band was. They were... Read More willing to learn new songs, change the timeline multiple times, and work around us on the big day. They are so professional and an absolute joy to work with. Throughout the entire process we felt calm and assured we had made a great decision. I would highly recommend the Time Pilots to anyone. If I ever need a band again, I would hire them! They made our special day so memorable. Thank you Jon & The Time Pilots!!!!

2016-07-27T21:51:47 Response from the vendor

Wow!! Thank you guys so, so much for your very kind review. We LOVED playing for you and your family. You made it easy.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

If you're considering booking the Time Pilots for your wedding, I would seriously stop everything and book them right now. Jon was so responsive, usually responding to emails or calls within a day. Their rates were competitive. They were accommodating to learning several new... Read More songs just for our big day (more than we even expected), and even changing some things on the fly on our wedding day without any hesitation or issue. But most of all, they absolutely rocked the entire night. We had friends and families of all ages out on the dance floor from start to finish, and our guests are still talking about how awesome the band was. Honestly, we knew from the day we got engaged that we wanted a live band, and these guys are the definition of what a wedding band should be. I would give my highest recommendation to the Time Pilots. Seriously, we couldn't be happier with our choice. Thanks again! PS. The saxophone player is legendary!

2016-07-07T07:22:35 Response from the vendor

Guys... Wow!! Thank you so, so much for this! We had such an amazing time with you. You and your friends and family truly know how to party, and it was a blast. You were also such easygoing and fun clients to work with from... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Breana B

Jon and the band were so much fun to work with- they were easy to contact and entirely reliable. Our guests had so much fun dancing and enjoying the music, as did we! Definitely would recommend if you enjoy 80's covers.

2016-06-13T18:30:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and for the kind words. It was such a pleasure to work with the two of you. Always happy to accommodate the 80's requests! What a great decade for music!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Amy E

The Time Pilots were incredible. From the moment they started playing until they packed up, the dance floor was alive. They played the perfect mix of music for all ages and knew how to keep the party moving. We received countless compliments from our guests about how great the... Read More band was and how much fun they had at our wedding. Jon was a pleasure to work with and made sure everything ran smoothly throughout the night. I would highly recommend for anyone looking for a top notch band, at a very reasonable price, for their special event.

2016-06-11T07:09:27 Response from the vendor

Guys, thank you so, so much for such a kind and detailed review. You were great to work with, and the band is still talking about what an amazing time we had that night. Your family and friends are such a fantastic (and energetic :)... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Hilary B

The Time Pilots were undoubtedly one of the big highlights of our wedding reception. From the moment we met with Jon, he made the planning process easy and kept in touch every step of the way. The band did an outstanding job keeping our guests entertained, on the dance floor... Read More and wanting more. We can't thank Jon and the band enough for making our day one we'll never soon forget.

2016-05-17T06:12:09 Response from the vendor

What a great way to start the 2016 season! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review - and of course for the 5 Stars!! :) We look forward to seeing you at our public shows this summer! Hope... Read Less Read More

Time Pilots - great wedding band!

Reviewed on 11/25/2015 Brooke L

We absolutely loved the Time Pilots at our wedding in York, ME. They were so easy to work with - very responsive to emails leading up to the wedding. I procrastinated a bit on selecting our first dance, father-daughter and mother-son dance. John was able to accommodate under... Read More short notice. He was able to tailor our play list for specific songs we requested. Not only were the Time Pilots easy to work with, they sounded great at the wedding! The singers and instrumentalists all sounded amazing, our guests were dancing all night long! We couldn't have asked for a better band, especially at their price point. They are definitely worth every penny!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

Time Pilots played at our wedding on October 17, 2015 up in Caratunk, ME and they did an amazing job!!! I would highly recommend them. All of our guests loved them and we keep getting compliments on how awesome they were. From the very beginning, we worked with Jon and he was... Read More so easy and nice to work with. Very easy to get a hold of, very responsive, and answered all of my questions. If I wanted something, I loved that he would offer his advice from his experience but would also do whatever I wanted. He really helped guide me on what has worked best through his experience and in the end it all worked out perfectly. They did a great job MC'ing the wedding and did well staying on time to keep things moving. I honestly don't even remember them taking breaks during the reception. I think they may have taken two all night and they were for maybe 10 minutes. None of our guests even noticed they went on a break because they were that good! The dance floor was packed all night long. They really are such an amazing band and really set the tone for our reception! It was amazing and I wouldn't have wanted any other band! GET TIME PILOTS AS YOUR BAND! YOU WON'T REGRET IT! THEY ROCK!

BEST BAND EVER

Reviewed on 8/18/2015

Jon and his band were incredible!! From the first communication with Jon I knew they would be better than I could imagine. They were so concerned with making the night perfect and even learned more than a couple songs just for my family (Hey Jude was a huge hit!) They knocked it... Read More OUT. OF. THE. HOUSE. We could have danced all night, I will never forget their amazing AMAZING style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Made our wedding!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015

We are so lucky that we found the Time Pilots! Jon is absolutely fabulous to work with. He is so professional, but at the same time felt like a friend we had known for years. When we met before the wedding he was genuine and really wanted to know us as a couple. We didn't... Read More have a wedding planner and they helped us create a timeline to follow. Talk about customer service- the Time Pilots let my uncle borrow a guitar to play at the ceremony for us. It doesn't stop there, Jon came early to set up the guitar and amp. The band learned 2 songs for us including our first dance and the father daughter dance, which they performed flawlessly. During the reception they read the crowd and didn't just simply play a set list-really personalized the experience. The dance floor was PACKED the entire night and they got EVERYONE up and partying. I can't say enough good words about them! Stop looking at other bands and just book the Time Pilots-you won't regret it!

The Time Pilots - an AMAZING wedding band

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Kate D

From the moment we first contacted them, the Time Pilots were terrific. We had done a good deal of research into bands but knew we found the right one when communicating with Jon from the Time Pilots. His easygoing nature and genuine excitement to take part in our wedding made... Read More it an easy choice. He remained in close touch with us throughout the year leading up to our wedding and was always available to answer questions or take care of any needs we may have had. We met with him a few months before our wedding, and we could not have been nicer. He got to know us as a couple, asked questions about our preferences for the wedding, and described the wide variety of songs they are capable of performing. Jon and the Time Pilots even learned to play our first dance song, which was not previously in their repertoire. The Time Pilots are well-connected within the wedding circuit in southern Maine and had a preexisting relationship with our wedding coordinator, which made planning go all the more smoothly. On the big day, the Time Pilots did not disappoint. They handled everything perfectly and our guests raved about them all night (and afterwards!) We would HIGHLY recommend the Time Pilots to anyone looking for a great wedding band that is easy to work with and puts on a great performance that will keep guests on their feet all night long.

If you want an awesome wedding you need the Time Pilots!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Chris M

From the outset of our wedding planning, we knew that we didn’t want a “typical” wedding, so inevitably a band became a must have. We also didn’t want our wedding to be overly formal, but we wanted it to be classy, and we needed a band that could play a wide range of music AND... Read More sound great performing it all. We searched all over the New England area for options, and then we found The Time Pilots. From the beginning, Jon was great to work with. We were hesitant to book a band having only read reviews and watched a few YouTube clips, so Jon made arrangements for us to stop in during one of their private engagements to have a listen and see for ourselves what the Time Pilots were all about. The band was great when we first heard them – and they were even better on our wedding night with the addition of the two new female vocalists. The Time Pilots played a wide range of music and provided a great party atmosphere. They had our guests dancing all night, and the entire wedding party joined them in singing some Journey on stage late in the evening. The Time Pilots did not disappoint, and I could not imagine working with a better group for our special day. Thank you Jon!

Fabulousss

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Whitney S

Jon and the Time Pilots were beyond awesome. I couldn't have felt more comfortable and I felt like Jon really got to know us. Everyone was dancing and so many people kept commenting "who are they, they are awesome"

AMAZING

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Barti B

The Time Pilots, led by Jon Goodman, MADE the reception. From the first meeting, Jon took the time to listen and contribute to what I was looking for. They were organized, attentive, accommodating and took away the stress. Then their performance was outstanding. EVERYONE danced—... Read More even the grandmothers. We later received rave reviews from our guests. They are not only talented, they know how to build the energy, create the excitement, get the dance floor rocking, and orchestrate the evening. WOW. I couldn't imagine a better experience.

THIS BAND IS FOR YOU!

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Amy M

We loved the Time Pilots and would definitely recommend them to any couple that wants a fun wedding. They were extremely professional and were available during the whole wedding planning process for any questions. Our guests cannot stop talking about "how amazing the band was"... Read More and how much fun they had. If you want people dancing at your wedding, then book the TIME PILOTS!! They were so good we even had them stay an extra hour.

OUTSTANDING!

Reviewed on 8/19/2014

This review can’t even start to give justice to how good the Time Pilots were for us. To start, Jon was incredibly timely, organized, and professional. He actually may have unknowingly been our wedding planner, as he created a detailed timeline of events for our wedding early in... Read More the planning process which we carried through until the event. There were a few changes in the band after we signed them on, but The Time Pilots quickly notified us and were honest about it, which we appreciated. Not only that, the changes in the band clearly escalated them to an even higher level. On our wedding day the band arrived early and set up music for our cocktail hour, as well as organized and announced our wedding party, which was not an additional charge. When it came time to dancing, they absolutely knew how to get the crowd into it. There are actually a few musicians in our family, and The Time Pilots allowed a few of them to play and sing! The Time Pilots now have several talented singers, as well as a deep sound with keyboard, drums, saxophone, and several guitarists. We were literally dancing, fist pumping, shouting, etc. through the entire night. I highly recommend Time Pilots, especially to anyone who wants to dance their pants off on their wedding night! Just one recommendation: It’s ok to request a few songs, but let band do their thing and you will not be disappointed! Thanks again Time Pilots, we will continue to follow you and get to as many events as we can! Logan and Jake

Awesome band!

Reviewed on 8/11/2014 Katherine H

The Time Pilots were awesome! We had such a great time dancing at our wedding thanks to their energy and amazing music. Jon was incredibly responsive to all of our emails and our special requests for classic rock music. They also mixed in some 80s and wedding classics that kept... Read More our dance floor rocking. We would recommend them for any dancing event. Thank you so much Time Pilots!

The Time Pilots

Reviewed on 9/24/2013

Can't say enough good things about the Time Pilots. On what can be a stressful day, they were the completely stress-free. Very attentive - listened to what we wanted and executed perfectly. They played extremely well, fun music that kept everyone dancing. Probably the part... Read More of the wedding we were complemented on the most. We wouldnt hesitate to recommend them!

Jon Goodman

Jon is the bandleader, keyboard player, and one our three lead vocalists. He has been playing music professionally and leading bands for 27 years. Jon prides himself on providing individualized customer service, which means making every client feel like they are our only client. Reach out to Jon, and see just how quickly he responds to your voicemail, email or text. Make a special request and watch him transform your ideas into reality. It is Jon's mission to exceed client expectations in every way, and he will not be satisfied until he is 100% certain that he has done just that.