Sophisticated tastes. Local ingredients.

Timothy S. Hopkins Catering is a chef owned and operated business. For over 30 years, Tim and his partner Paul ten Hope, have been the collective force behind some of the North Shore's most elegant and fun weddings. Food, cocktails, decor and more are completely taken care of when you work with TSH!

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Chef Stations, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

8 Scott's Way, Essex, MA (978) 768-9990

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Phoebe D

This team was friendly, professional and accommodating from the minute we started chatting until wrapping up final details following our wedding day. They went above and beyond to ensure the bride and groom were taken care of. But beyond all that, their FOOD. Their food is... Read More simply the best. I've been fortunate enough to experience it both at my own wedding and many other events and it literally has never disappointed, never even comes close! Their menus are customizable, innovative and DELICIOUS. Five stars all around.

2017-09-26T11:08:27 Response from the vendor

Thanks for this AWESOME review! We truly appreciate it! The TSH Catering Team

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Brittany P

TSH's catering was one of the best parts of our wedding. My now husband and I are big foodies and TSH was the answer to our food dreams. We worked closely with Sita who was amazing. TSH offered so many choices and we ended up choosing stations so our guests would have... Read More choices. We also had the best passed hors d'oeuvres I think I have ever tried. We heard nothing but praise about our food at the wedding and are so thankful to Sita and her team. Sita was wonderful and listened to everything we asked and went above and beyond. The catering staff that worked the actual wedding were amazing and attentive and everyone enjoyed themselves. Thank you to everyone!!

2017-05-16T13:28:34 Response from the vendor

Oh my goodness, thanks for such an amazing review. We really appreciate your taking the time so soon after your wedding!! We wish you both the very best. Congratulations! The TSH Catering Team

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Nina H

TSH Catering was a dream to work with for our 85 person wedding in a tight space in an old building. They seem able to deal with any environment, no matter the challenge. We worked with Britt and she was always positive (no matter how many questions I asked) and she also... Read More provided very helpful suggestions and advice. We felt confident in her experience and it certainly came through! We are definitely "foodies" so it was important to us to have a top-notch meal. Our guests we blown away by the presentation, creativity and deliciousness of the food. Many said (and we agree!), TSH Catering provided the BEST wedding meal they had ever had. The groom and I were determined to eat during the reception because we knew how delicious the food would be. Britt and her team made sure to set aside a plate of the hors d'oeuvres for us when we were doing photos during cocktail hour. So thoughtful! We didn't spend a lot of flowers and table decor, keeping it simple, but you wouldn't have known. Britt had such an eye for making a contemporary and elegant table. Overall, TSH Catering was very communicative, responded to questions quickly, offered helpful advice, put together an unforgettable meal for an unforgettable evening, and provided stellar service the day of. If you care about food and want excellent, collaborative service, TSH Catering is the best!

2017-05-16T13:30:03 Response from the vendor

Wow! What nice words. We thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review! The TSH Catering Team

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Katherine L

Tim Hopkins catering is the best, and has always been the best. The food is beyond delicious- there is variety, inspiration and old classics. I keep hearing from our wedding guests how much they loved the food. Beyond the food, every single person on the staff is exceptional.... Read More You can't go wrong with Tim Hopkins.

2017-10-06T12:49:32 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for this terrific review! We really appreciate it! The TSH Catering Team

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Emily H

I do not know where to begin. Choosing Tim Hopkins as the caterer for our wedding in August 2017 was one of the absolute best decisions we could have ever made. The entire experience working with THC was amazing, and the food was SO AMAZING. Everyone we worked with from start... Read More to finish was so kind, professional and wonderful. Britt, Lindsey, Katie, and Tim listened to our concerns and made us feel totally comfortable about every conversation and decision along the way. They let us have input on the menu but also came to us with creative ideas that definitely made the day special. The tasting alone was one of the best dining experiences we'd ever had and we knew pretty much immediately our day wouldn't be complete with Tim, and after hearing from our guests since our big day, I know they agree. From the passed lemonade and iced tea to start, through the ten varieties of passed appetizers, followed by fresh cooked entrees (I've never seen so many clean plate club members), and ending with a late night grilled cheese snack - it was perfect. Do yourself, and your friends and family a favor, stop looking for a caterer, you have found the best one right here. Thank you so much, Tim and staff for all of your help in making our wedding the best day ever!

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Gabriele A

Timothy Hopkins catering was outstanding! We worked with Sita and Lindsey throughout the wedding planning process and at every step they were so helpful, responsive, and professional. The wedding was absolutely perfect from the tables to the delicious food. All of our guests... Read More raved about the food all night and for days after. They said it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding! Thank you again and I highly recommend working with them!

2017-09-08T14:13:13 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the amazing review. It was truly an honor to cater for you! Our Best, The TSH Catering Team

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Melissa M

Impeccable presentation, amazing gourmet food and fabulous service. TSH made our backyard lobster-bake themed cuisine a five star experience. The food stole the show. Each guest I've spoken to has raved about the food insisting that it was the best food they've ever had at a... Read More wedding. TSH was also so great about allergies and meals for the kids. During our pre-wedding meetings our TSH coordinator, Sita, gave us so many options for sides, mains and hors d'oeuvres; it seemed like there was nothing TSH couldn't do! Thank you for making our wedding day spectacular for us and all of our guests!

2017-09-08T14:16:35 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this fabulous review! We really appreciate it! The TSH Catering Team

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Jay R

Can't say enough good things about TSH! They're the best in the business. The food was beyond amazing and we received many compliments. We had an issue with another vendor but Lindsey and TSH stepped in and a major crisis was averted. Most importantly, Lindsey made sure I was... Read More fed. :)

2017-08-23T14:46:11 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the great review! It was our pleasure to cater for you! The TSH Team

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Arlene S

We were beyond thrilled with the service of this outstanding cater!! They listened, adapted to our every need! We would recommend without hesitation! Our special thanks to Lindsey!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Arlene S

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Page R

We have worked with Timothy S. Hopkins Catering before and they are simply amazing!! Usually people don't go to a wedding for the food but our guests raved about how excellent everything was, especially the food and the service! Thank you Tim and everyone who helped make our... Read More wedding day so special.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Erica D

I don't even no where to begin! The Tim Hopkins Team is First class all they way! I got married June 3rd 2017 and people can't wait to talk to me about how amazing the food was! The Baconator station was a huge hit. I have had so many people tell me that not only was the food... Read More THE BEST WEDDING FOOD THEY EVER HAD, IT WAS JUST SIMPLY SOME OF THE BEST FOOD THEY EVER TASTED! My husband is a chef with high standards on food and he knew our families were expecting nothing but the best. ROB "my husband" was so happy with everything we can't wait to be able to use this Caterer again. They care about every single detail and go above and beyond for your day! Every one Rob and I knew the minute we left our tasting that this is who was going to make our dream come to. As a Bride there is no better feeling in the world then your guests raving about Your wedding that you put all your sweat and tears into and Timothy Hopkins made just that happen! Everyone that wants to be 100 percent happy on there big day should go with this amazing talented Caterer! Unreal, amazing, class act, professional, just simply wonderful in every way.

2017-07-25T13:30:32 Response from the vendor

Wow! We are blown away by this amazing review. We are so glad you were happy with your reception!!!! Congratulations on Your Wedding! The TSH Team

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Emily M

BEST FOOD AND SERVICE! We got married this past weekend. We wanted a completely fall menu for our fall themed wedding. Sita and the rest of the Timothy Hopkins staff were amazing from the moment we had our tasting to the end of the night. They ran our whole wedding from start... Read More to finish with precision and ease. Sita is absolutely amazing to work with. She answered any and all questions and worked her butt off! Our guests are still raving about the food, especially the filet. They all licked their plates clean. We could not say enough about this company and their workers. Great food, amazing service. Thank you for making our wedding perfect!

2016-11-09T15:21:05 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the great review and for submitting it so quickly! We appreciate your business and wish you a wonderful marriage. Sincerely, The TSH Team

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 David B

We had our son's wedding at Hellenic Center in September, 2016. It was catered by Timothy Hopkins Catering. They were a pleasure to work with! Sita was lovely and always on hand to answer questions and accommodate us. The food is DELICIOUS! Which is the reason we chose to go... Read More with Timothy Hopkins in the first place. Their appetizers are beyond compare, truly delicious and plentiful.

2016-10-25T12:33:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review! You took the time out of your busy life to do this, and we are SO appreciative! Enjoy the upcoming holidays, as newlyweds! The TSH Team

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Barb D

Outstanding from initial conception to final implementation! We worked with Sita on an entire wedding weekend: this included a cocktail party and a wedding reception for 100. Everything was beautiful, delicious, perfectly cooked and professionally served. Our guests raved... Read More about the food at both of our events. From every hors d'oeuvres, the salads, the entrees and the incredible desserts. Many said they had never had better. You will not regret hiring Hopkins Catering for your next event - they are top notch!

2016-10-13T11:06:00 Response from the vendor

Thanks you for this AMAZING review. We are very grateful you took the time! Sincerely, The TSH Team

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Valerie B

Food was insanely delicious, the short rib melted in your mouth, the heirloom tomato salad was so fresh and light and even though dinner was in the middle of a field outside the food arrived warm perfectly plated. I still have people telling me how much they enjoyed the food at... Read More my wedding.

2016-09-15T13:52:46 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review! It was truly an honor to cater your beautiful wedding! Congratulations! The TSH Catering Team

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Andrea B

We are so fortunate to have had our wedding reception catered by Hopkins. They were responsive and attentive to our needs and made absolutely sure that they accounted for every allergy in our party. They were flexible in that they allowed you to create a menu (stationary and... Read More passed appetizers, family style salads, plated meals) so that you aren’t forced into a menu as other places require. Aside from their incredible attention to detail, their food was absolutely amazing. Our guests were raving about how delicious the food was and its beautiful presentation. On a more practical note, we truly felt that the cost was on par with the portions served. There were an endless amount of appetizers both served and stationed and the meal portions were HUGE. We are very pleased with our experience with Hopkins and highly recommend their services!

2016-09-06T11:32:35 Response from the vendor

We are thrilled to hear you were so happy with your reception. It makes our day to get such a FABULOUS review. Thanks so much for taking the time!! Sincerely, The TSH Catering Team

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Sally W

All of my guests RAVED about the food at my wedding, thanks to Timothy Hopkins Catering. In addition to the food being phenomenal, the staff was very easy to work with, especially given my slightly unconventional venue. I highly recommend them!

2016-08-04T10:00:59 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us such a FABULOUS review. We really appreciate it and were honored to cater your wedding! Sincerely, The TSH Catering Team

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Tiffany D

We recently had our wedding at bass rocks. The day was absolutely perfect! I wouldn't have changed a thing. They make everything so easy and no stress at all. They took care of everything we asked for no problem! The food was incredible - a month later and people are still... Read More talking about it! Instead of a cake I wanted an ice cream social bar and that was amazing as well! Even after the wedding they were nice enough to let us leave stuff behind and come back to get it the next day. We still forgot stuff and they drove it right to my moms house while we were away! Thy go above and beyond in every situation ! I wish I could relive the night again and again! Everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Julie Ann J

Sita was so easy to work with! It was nice not to have to worry about making sure everything was on schedule during the wedding and reception - I got to enjoy it all! They even had prosecco waiting for my husband and me after the photo session and before we were introduced as... Read More "Mr and Mrs." The guests raved about the food especially the lobster salad on a homemade potato chip. Thanks Sita

2016-07-14T12:33:51 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a great review! We really appreciate it! The TSH Team

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Brittany C

UNREAL! SO GOOD! BOOK THEM NOW! I hired TSH for my wedding day 6-25-16. I couldn't be happier with my selection. TSH has amazing customer service (thanks Britt!) and amazing food/food selection! All of our guests kept saying how our food was so fun! It wasn't the traditional... Read More things that you see at every wedding time and time again! We would book them over again in a heartbeat! Thanks TSH!!!!

2016-07-13T11:57:12 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us this fabulous review! We really appreciate it! Congratulations to you and Courtney!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Lily H

The food at Timothy Hopkins is AMAZING! The service is exceptional, you seriously can't go wrong booking them as your catering service. Our guests can't stop raving about the food they had at our wedding!!! Sita, our coordinator, was also a joy to work with, she was quick to... Read More respond to emails, she met me at the event rentals locations to help me pick out linens and she had great advice that helped deliver our wedding vision! THC was so accommodating with each of our requests, we couldn't have asked for better food, staff and service all around!

2016-06-16T09:50:13 Response from the vendor

Thanks SO much for taking the time to review us! We really appreciate it and your kind words! Sincerely, The TSH Catering Team

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Allison L

Timothy S. Hopkins Catering was incredibly professional throughout the process and the food was amazing! Every wedding guest I spoke with afterward complimented the food, in particular the appetizers and presentation. From the first tasting we did with TSH in Essex my mother... Read More and I fell in love with the food itself. Classy, stylish, but not stuffy and made with fresh ingredients. My favorite is the lobster salad on a potato chip appetizer. Leading up to the wedding, I coordinated with Sita. She was very responsive via email to all of my questions, in particular about menu choices. She was also very knowledgeable about food allergies which was important to me as there are a few anaphylactic reactions to different foods in my family. On the day of, Kate was our on-site representative and did a fabulous job. She was very confident. I would definitely recommend TSH to any bride!

2016-05-23T07:07:21 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your kind words. The TSH Team

Reviewed on 2/05/2016

Tim Hopkins Catering did an amazing job catering the dinner for my daughters September 2015 wedding. It was an outside venue with no kitchen; THC brought everything in. They provided us with a cocktail hour full of unique, delicious and interestingly presented hors d'œuvre’s... Read More followed by a gourmet, perfectly prepared and presented (and did I say hot?) meal with finesse and professionalism. They integrated themselves seamlessly into our venue. We are still hearing wonderful comments about how delicious the food was. From start to finish: inquiry, tastings, site visits and execution TSH was superb. Their creative and unique menu suggestions allowed us to serve an interesting selection that suited all our guests, including those with dietary restrictions. We were delighted with TSH and highly recommend them.

2016-02-08T14:04:13 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you were pleased with your reception! Thanks for taking the time to write such a glowing review!

Outstanding - 5 Stars!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015

We are so happy we chose Timothy S. Hopkins to cater our wedding. It seemed every guest made it a point to tell us how much they loved the food. The hors d'oeuvres were tasty, unique and plentiful. There was always a courteous staff member offering the guests a unique... Read More appetizer. One of my guest said he usually leaves weddings hungry, this time he almost didn't save room for the main course. The entrees were hot, perfectly cooked and delicious. The presentation and quality was superb. Tim, Sita and the entire team were passionate, professional and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend Timothy S Hopkins.

2015-12-01T14:22:43 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review! We reall appreciate it! It was our pleasure to cater for you! Sincerely, The TSH Team

Tim Hopkins

From an early age, Tim easily found his way around his family's kitchen in Chicago. He discovered that combining ordinary ingredients could produce extraordinary results - soups and casseroles and creme brûlées that utterly wowed his family and friends. A magical world of culinary tastes and textures was revealed to him. He particularly loved the social aspects of cooking, how wonderful meals brought people together and made them laugh. His career as a White Sox player thus was vanquished from his mind. In its place: professional chef. Go to our website to read more about Tim!