Toby Hoogs Photography & Video

Serving Big Island & HI, HI

We will photograph your wedding the way you want it to be, or the way you always dreamed it would be. Is your style formal and traditional... romantic and classic... casual and contemporary... fashionable and journalistic... or a combination of any or all of these styles? It is up to you; we are flexible.

$0-$999

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files

Serving Big Island & HI, HI (808) 324-6591

Excellent Photographer

Reviewed on 3/08/2014 Angelica E

So thankful for the excellent photography Toby provided for my wedding day. He was great to work with, super friendly and made everyone comfortable and everything fun. He worked really hard to capture every detail of the day perfectly. Such a nice and talented guy I would... Read More definitely recommend!!

Beyond my expectations...amazing!

Reviewed on 12/03/2012 Lindsey E

Toby and his wife Renee do an amazing job working together. They arrived earlier than in our contract and immediately went straight to work. We had quite a few people getting ready in various locations and they knew exactly what to do. I was really nervous to be posing for... Read More pictures ( never had professionally before ) but Toby made us feel extremely comfortable and it was a lot of fun! We only had a few hours with them and have so many wonderful pictures, it's hard to choose! Thank you so much Toby and Renee! You really helped to make our day that much more special! Patrick and Lindsey The Shand's

Best Wedding Investment Ever! Amazing Quality Phot

Reviewed on 7/10/2012 Rebecca H

I HIGHLY recommend Toby Hoogs photography and video.Although he was a little more expensive when compared to other photographers by the hour, you have to consider what you get and the quality and the value for Toby's services is incredible!!! We were so extremely happy with his... Read More services. He was wonderful during the wedding and great to work with. I recommend getting the video as well. We added it at the last minute and were so happy we did. The quality was great and we were able to share with a lot of family that weren't able to make it. It went by so fast and we are so thankful to have the high quality recording. It was really windy but the video sound came out perfect. Also, Toby sends you an AMAZING coffee table photo book. He delivered it quickly, as promised and the book was incredible with tons of photos and different designs that tell the entire story of your wedding. It is definitely something you will want to have and share forever. I cannot say enough great things about Toby and his team. You will be very happy if you use him! Our wedding had a tight budget, but spending a little more on the photography (and getting the video as well) was the best decision we made. I can't say enough how happy we are. This was the best investment we made for the entire wedding.

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Christina S

We were married back in March, and this review is long over due. Toby was amazing from day 1! We planned our wedding from Ohio, and even though I had a wedding planner, I wanted to pick my photographer myself... I'm extremely particular, as is my husband, I knew that the... Read More photographer needed to be as well. Wedding photos are something you will keep forever, and pass down through generations, so for us, this piece of the puzzle was just as important as saying "I do" We were so blown away by Toby's photos, and then after speaking to him we knew he was the right fit. He was very patient with our many questions, and you could tell right off he LOVES photography.... There's a passion in his voice that we didn't hear from other photographers we spoke to (and we spoke to several). Once we booked with Toby, everything went just like he said it would, if we had questions, or if something came up we wanted to tweak, he was incredibly accommodating. Even though we were time zones apart, we felt so at ease. Once we arrived on the island, and the wedding day was upon us, Toby showed up early, and got straight to it. He blends into the crowd, you don't even know he is there which makes all of his shots incredible, and so real! He is a master with using the sun/light in the photos, they are just breathtaking. He has an incredible eye for detail and just sees the photo in his mind before he even takes it... I'm still impressed. Booking Toby was one of the best decisions we made!

Magical Experience, Magical Photos, Magical Photographer!

Reviewed on 2/12/2015 Kathleen K

Our family recently visited Kailua-Kona and renewed our vows on the beach. I booked him rather last minute, as we were cancelled on by our other photographer. He was very accommodating. He also provided, upon my request, an family session he'd done at the very venue I had... Read More requested, so that I could see a whole session. (Some photographers want you only to see the few best photos from every session). I was VERY IMPRESSED with his work and booked immediately. His office was very prompt in getting a hold of me, and they were very easy and helpful to work with. Although some of our family arrived late, Toby was patient and even gave us extra time at the end. One of my twin two-year old daughters is VERY shy. We call her the NO NO girl, as she is NOT in favor of strangers. Toby was MAGIC with her. She warmed up to him, despite herself. We were so pleased with the way he captured our family. I never dreamed the photos would turn out so well. They were so beautiful that I got misty when I saw them. Next time we go to Kona, I will DEFINITELY do another family session with him. What an amazing experience!

Captured the moment

Reviewed on 2/08/2015 joan b

Toby was such a joy to work with. We did not met until the wedding. Our planner gave us a list to look at and we chose based on their photos on their websites. We also wanted unlimited photos taken. I know too many to chose from but I wanted to be able to share the day with... Read More family not there. There were so many favorites I ended up ordering scrapbooks for the parents because I could not pick just a few. We got our photos to review within 2 weeks. The turn around was amazing.. We had photos taken before the ceremony to get the best of the light. Since we wanted to get married at sunset we also had the change in the light.. so perfect.. Toby even took photos of the jeep as we were leaving.. catching the taillights. We know he travels and would use him again for family pictures if ever in the same location again..

DO NOT USE - Failed to Show Up!!

Reviewed on 1/20/2015

We booked Toby for my son's 3rd birthday. We were celebrating on Hawaii and booked two months in advance, and prepaid. We signed a contract confirming the day, time and location. I sent an email confirming the date. Toby NEVER showed up. He called hours after he was... Read More supposed to be there - he just missed it! He refunded the money and offered to schedule a shoot for free - but we will never get that moment back. We sat around waiting for hours with no response from Toby. It was not a wedding, but he didn't care enough about our family to show up so I feel I need to let potential brides know about his unprofessionalism.

Great Video

Reviewed on 5/21/2014 Ellyne D

I used the video service only. I really liked the video. Tod did a great job! Excellent but expensive.

Couldn't have asked for a better photographer!

Reviewed on 6/21/2012 Larissa W

Best photographer ever. Well worth every penny. The video is incredible too. My only regret is that we didn't get th video for the reception too.

Simply the Best

Reviewed on 4/25/2012 Annet R

He's a personal friend of ours so it's hard not to give him a great review but he's really the best regardless. I asked him how many weddings he does per month and he said about 15! That's a lot and he enjoys it. He came up with all the poses, whch I felt I was horrible at... Read More following directions, but he's so easy going all I had to remember was he's gonna make it all look wonderful, just relax and smile.

Wonderful Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 3/28/2012 Melissa G

Toby was such an excellent photographer at our Valentine Wedding. My husband and I traveled from California to our destination wedding in Hawaii. His team kept in close contact with us for an entire year prior to our wedding. Toby captured every moment of our wedding day from... Read More our morning in the salon through our entire reception. The photos came back gorgeous!! His team also did the videography of our ceremony and reception. Everything they put together for us exceeded our expectations and brought our family to tears. I highly recommend Toby Hoogs Photography to anyone looking for the perfect wedding photos.

2012-03-30T13:02:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you Melissa! We appreciate the kind words and review!

Photographer of the First Class

Reviewed on 10/28/2011 Claire S

Toby was THE BEST photographer!!! He was with us from before the ceremony through to the beginning of the reception. He captured both the candid moments we wanted as well the "traditional" photos every couple wants. He listened to what we had to suggest (like incorporating... Read More two little birds that were in our wedding colours) as well as was able to incorporate unexpected events (like capturing us all running for cover during a sudden but short Hawaiian shower). Toby blended into the back ground and was non intrusive during more private moments and made various individuals laugh to capture the right look. I can't thank Toby enough. When all the flowers are dead and everyone forgets what you served for dinner it is only your photos that you have to show everyone what the wedding was like....these I will treasure for years to come.

Great Engagement Photos

Reviewed on 5/04/2011 Rachael Lauren Z

Toby Hoogs personally did our engagement photos on the Big Island of Hawaii several months ago and they turned out fantastic! He chose unique locations so we ended up with very intriguing and creative photos over a lava tube, on the beach by turtles, and on the golf course. Our... Read More friends couldn't believe some of the pictures and said they looked like million dollar perfume ads! We aren't used to being in front of the camera but Toby really directed us and helped us to feel comfortable throughout the process. I cherish the beautiful pictures we have because of the creative eye, professionalism and high quality equipment that Toby uses. Worth every penny!

The Best in all of Hawaii

Reviewed on 3/01/2011 Amista N

Toby is brilliant. We talked a number of times about what we wanted and needed. We had a complete photo package. We also had his videographer Todd. Todd did a live feed for us. Our grandparents were not able to attend do to poor health. They were delighted to be able to watch... Read More the wedding as it happened. About a week later we were able to send the link to all our friends and family that could not see it live. They also really liked it. Toby arrived early and worked tirelessly. He has such a fun smile and manner. He was able to get all the people to cooperate as if it was their idea not his. He was unobtrusive and always caught the moment shots. He knows what he is doing and would be your best choice for a photographer. He deserves all of the awards he has earned.

Great video

Reviewed on 9/10/2010 Samantha L

We used Toby Hoogs for our Videography at the suggestion of the Fairmont Orchid. Our videographer was very professional. We got our videos amazingly quick and they were amazing. They did a good job.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Jadee F

He had caught all of the special moments of our wedding and was very professional. The work that he produced had by far exceeded our expectations.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Adelina M

Excellent pictures great to work with makes you feel comfortable while taking pictures

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Kendra H

He came from Kona and very accomodating. He tried to be close to what I wanted in my photos for my wedding

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Corey P

He was sooo easy to work with. He understood everything we wanted, and he went above and beyond. I have recommended him a few times.;watch out for that charming smile

Start a Conversation!