Book Your Wedding with Tom's Country Place

A BALLROOM IN AVON, OH

Tom's Country Place is a family-run venue for indoor and outdoor weddings ranging in style between green, rustic and grand ballroom elegance. Nestled on 30 acres of parkland in the rolling countryside of Avon, Ohio, this site is characterized by its landscaped floral gardens and large interior halls.

Each of the three indoor reception spaces are equipped with private entrances, restrooms and bars and can hold between 100 and 600 guests. Finished with neutral colors and furnishings, they are ready for couples and wedding parties to add their own personal touches and themes. The picturesque gardens and lawns, skirted with colorful flora and trees, can be rented for outdoor ceremonies. These exterior venue spaces are wired for audio equipment and lighting.

Tom's Country Place is a full service facility and wedding reception packages incorporate catering for a range of tastes and dietary needs, including seated and buffet dinners for vegetarians and vegans. The rental fee in all the wedding packages consists of the chosen venue space, set-up and cleanup service, table settings, skirting, linens, napkins and cake cutting and serving. Leftovers are also wrapped up at the end of the night for wedding parties to take with them.

Additional rentals, such as chair covers and sashes, glassware, extra stemware and upgraded linens, are available for a fee. Couples can also pay extra for passed hors d'oeuvres and a late night snack buffet. Ceremonies in the grounds can be scheduled between 4 p.m. and 5.30 p.m. or between 6 p.m. and 7.30 p.m., with the gardens thereafter open to the public until sunset. In the case of rain, outdoor ceremonies can be relocated to one of the indoor spaces.

Along with the food and menu flexibility, past wedding parties have consistently praised Tom's Country Place for its attentive, experienced staff and professional day-of coordination. Arrangements are made by the venue for all of the requisite outside vendors, including DJ, wedding cake suppliers and photographers or videographers. If desired, though, couples can opt to hire independent wedding planners instead.

The venue is popular for weddings and multiple events are regularly scheduled on a single day. While every effort is made to keep the turnover smooth and efficient, those looking for a private or exclusive ceremony space might want to look elsewhere. This venue is also handicap accessible.

Some other key advantages to hosting weddings at Tom's Country Place include:

• A free menu tasting event to sample menu items
  • Audiovisual equipment available
  • Free use of the gardens for wedding photos--outside of ceremony time frames

Banquet Facility & Catering

Tom's Country Place, Est. in 1959, is family owned and operated for over 50 years. Available to serve as your venue or cater to the venue of your choice for your wedding, bridal shower, or special event. We also feature a beautiful garden area for outdoor ceremonies and photographs.

Ballroom

Food + Catering

Bow2008 09

3442 Stoney Ridge Road, Avon, OH (440) 934-4553

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Courtney H

Toms country place is absolutely beautiful! The staff is super helpful and friendly as well! They made out reception perfect!!

Excellent place for a wedding reception!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Brian H

Tom's Country Place was absolutely fantastic! Everyone had a great time and enjoyed the food. The talk among everyone the next day was how good the dinner was, especially the cabbage rolls and potatoes! We really had an A+ experience with Tom's from the moment we met with... Read More them until the day of our wedding. They are extremely organized and on top of planning, and really helped us out when we were feeling overwhelmed with everything. I would highly recommend Tom's to anyone and everyone in the Cleveland area, they really were top notch and made our day very special. Thanks Tom's!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Natasha N

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Tom's Country Place in Avon. We would highly recommend Tom's to any couple looking for a ceremony and/or reception venue in Northeast Ohio. Mary Hricovec-Pike was very accommodating to any request we had, and made sure everything... Read More was perfect for the wedding, especially since we were planning the wedding from out-of-state. The day of the wedding everything went perfectly. The staff was very friendly, and the food was absolutely superb. All our guests to this day have absolutely raved about the bourbon glazed pork and chicken marsala. We sincerely appreciate all the work Mary and her staff did to make our day special.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Terri C

Tom's Country Place went above and beyond our expectations for our May 28th, 2016, wedding. The hall was decorated so beautifully that it looked like a page from a bridal magazine! Mary Hricovec-Pike was absolutely WONDERFUL to work with! I admit that I was not the easiest... Read More bride to work with; I was quite demanding and specific in my wants and needs. I wanted picture perfect and Mary and the staff at Tom's made sure to give me perfection. The wait-staff on our wedding day was plentiful and fantastic! The food was generous and amazing, and everyone still says that it is the best wedding food that they had ever eaten! We can't say enough about the service and the quality at Tom's Country Place. Their work is beyond reproach! We would highly recommend to anyone looking for a venue to service any of their needs. With Love, Mrs. Amy & Terri Arendt 05/28/2016

Alesia's and Michael's Wedding

Reviewed on 12/01/2015

As the mother of the bride, Tom's Country Place is absolutely beautiful indoors and out. It has a dramatic landscape for taking wedding pictures and the inside is totally awesome for decorating. Most, importantly, the food was magnificent and the coordinator and staff were... Read More over the top very helpful, accommodating and patience. The cost of the venue was so well worth every penny the couple spent. I TOTALLY recommend Tom's County Place for a wedding or wedding reception.

Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015

Toms Country Place was such a great venue to have our wedding at. Their food was amazing for the reception, everyone was commenting on how great it was! We were supposed to have our ceremony outside in the garden area but it rained and the staff were so helpful in setting up the... Read More inside hall for the ceremony - it looked great! All of the staff and bartenders were top notch and very helpful. I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding ceremony AND reception! :)

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Sarah M

The reason we initially chose Tom's Country Place was because of the outdoor ceremony location. The grounds are beautiful and create a perfect setting not just for the ceremony but also for amazing pictures. We planned our wedding out of state and the staff(especially Mary)... Read More were supportive and extremely helpful every step of the way. The best compliments from my guests (aside from the location) was about how Delicious the food was. We had a mashed-tini bar with sweet and sour meatballs, breaded chicken, and pasta with cream sauce and vegetables best wedding food I've ever had. The only negative was that the bar tenders were a little rude at times. Overall, I Would highly recommend this venue.

Great Venue!

Reviewed on 7/02/2015 Kenzie B

Tom's Country Place has been tried and true for me for a long time! Growing up in Avon, I have attended Tom's for events from sports banquets to graduations and finally my own wedding! Great friendly service, very willing to work with the bride and groom. Tasting event free... Read More for the couple so they can taste and see all of the options of food and decor offered at Tom's! I highly recommend Tom's Country Place for any couple looking for a stress free wedding day!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Megan C

I absolutely loved Tom's Country Place for a venue. The hall is beautiful, and they have a gorgeous outdoor area to either have your ceremony or take pictures. Their staff are all so nice and accommodating, helpful every step of the way. I had 320 guests and we did not have a... Read More single problem with food or service. All of my guests told me that Tom's food is the best wedding food that they have ever had, and I agree!

Tom's Country Place-Avon, Ohio

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Jennifer M

This venue is outstanding! It has breath taking grounds which can be used for both a wedding and for pictures to capture the moment on your wonderful day before your reception. The major ballroom is beautiful. It has a lot of space so you are able to accommodate all your guests,... Read More a large dance floor, and a newly renovated bar. The best part, in my opinion, is their food. It is absolutely delicious and everyone's favorite. Everyone will be talking about it for years to come. I am so happy that I chose Tom's to have my wedding reception at and I will recommend it to everyone in the future!

My Daughter's Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Daniel B

As the father of the Bride I have to express how satisfied my wife and I are with Tom’s Country Place in Avon, Ohio. We selected TCP for many reasons; first of all it was the exact same location of our reception 31 years ago, but especially because of their outstanding... Read More reputation. We are extremely satisfied with the services that TCP provided for our daughter’s wedding on Saturday, September, 28, 2013. The process from early planning (which even included a menu tasting event), through all of the details for the event where handled with great professionalism and care. They worked nicely with the DJ (which also included up-lighting and a Photo Booth), the Wedding Cake company (which included helping with setting up the table and serving the cake to our 230 guests), and the Photographer (who was very impressed with the grounds and the beauty of the reception hall). Also, I am very happy that TCP worked efficiently with my family throughout the entire event; from setup through the end of the night (which was after midnight). The Servers were excellent and attentive and we could not ask for any better service. The appetizers and food was super tasty and our guests raved about how delicious everything was. I would highly recommend Tom’s Country Place to anyone considering them for an event. I am very happy and satisfied with all of the services they provided.

Great venue

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Jamie L

This is a great venue with a great staff- from the wedding coordinators Pam & crystal, down to the friendly kitchen staff. This venue has a beautiful hall and even prettier grounds for a marriage ceremony. Everything was perfect and I couldn't have asked for more from my wedding... Read More venue!

Wonderful service, great place overall

Reviewed on 2/07/2013 Alexandra H

I would highly recommend Tom's to any couple looking for a beautiful and cost effective reception hall. My January wedding went so smoothly, everyone loved the food, and had a blast! I will be recommending TCP to anyone I know getting married in Cleveland!

Needs Better Service

Reviewed on 1/15/2013 Christina S

My wedding day at Tom's was fantastic. That being said there were a few things that could have been better.. I was really looking for responsiveness and I don't feel it was given to me. Emails had to be resent multiple times to receive a response, which I didn't feel were... Read More adequate once received. We were incorrectly charged for things several times and had to ask repeatedly for them to be corrected. Planning could have been smoother but the wedding really was amazing. I was expecting the food to be better, it was good but not outstanding. If you use Tom's I'd recommend having your own planner.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 8/21/2012 Heather S

They were very accommodating and made sure things ran smoothly. Always a pleasure to work with!! Everyone is still raving about the honey glazed ham and chicken. The day of they handled so much and did everything very efficiently.

Best wedding ever!

Reviewed on 8/05/2012 Julie M

We had our reception here and we also took pictures on the grounds of Tom's Country Place. The hall was perfect for our 260 guests. There was plenty of room and the food was absolutely amazing...We even had guests telling us it was the best food they ever had at a wedding. The... Read More flowers were so pretty on the grounds where we were able to take pictures. I can't wait to see the photos. The only negative thing was I felt it was a little warm, I mentioned it to a worker and it seemed to get a little cooler afterwards. My mom said that she wasn't warm that it was probably because I had a long heavy dress on and I was dancing the whole night.

Excellent

Reviewed on 7/30/2012 Theresa O

My daughters wedding reception was at Tom's this past weekend. They provided great service, and met with us several times in the process to ensure we got what we wanted. There was plenty of food and the room was beautiful. We received many compliments on the night. Well... Read More worth it!

Great place!

Reviewed on 7/16/2012 Madison J

We had our ceremony and reception at this location! It may have been a very hot day, but everything turned out gorgeous! The garden scenery was just beautiful for a our special day. Tom's Country Place really knows how to keep everything looking great! They also have very... Read More good tasting food! We didn't have one problem with the staff either.

Smith wedding 5-12-12

Reviewed on 6/16/2012 Nicole P

As always the service, the food and employees were wonderful.

Awesome

Reviewed on 1/18/2012 Brittney J

I had my wedding at Tom's Country Place and everything was perfect! It was a great a reception and everything worked out just like I had planned. The service is great and the hall is beautiful. I had my wedding right before Christmas and I didn't have to bring in any... Read More decorations other than my centerpieces, the hall was already decorated and looked amazing. The food is always good when your at Tom's! I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a wonderful place to have your wedding reception!

DIY Wedding

Reviewed on 1/16/2012 Erin N

Although they leave you not much to do they were very accommodating with all my DIY projects. Excellent service and staff! Family owned and operated...and they treat you like family as well! Great value as well!

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 10/05/2011 Jennifer M

The food at Tom's was wonderful. Everyone raved about their food. The hall did not get as croweded as I feared. The only thing I didn't like was that we had too many people to do all round tables and ended up having to have 7 long tables against the wall. But everyone still had... Read More a great time and we had no complaints from anyone about the place. The scenery outside for pictures was fantastic and they also perform ceremonies (which had I known beforehand I would've done it all in one place). I highly recommed Tom's Country Place for your reception.

Would recommend, but with a few warnings

Reviewed on 9/13/2011 Amber B

We used Tom's Country Place as both our ceremony and reception site. Their outside "garden area" is gorgeous! It really was perfect for our outdoor ceremony. With that said, there are some down sides to this. They hold two time slots for weddings, so if you are the first... Read More time slot, you need to clean up immediately following the wedding. My bridal party took care of it while we were trying to get our family photos taken care of. We had a pretty short ceremony (15-20 min) and we still almost ran into the second wedding. We were still trying to get our family photos finished when the second wedding was setting up and starting. Also, and this really really annoyed me...they said they give you an onsite coordinator for the day, but when I asked about that they said all that meant is that they set up and take down the chairs...but of course they didn't say that before we put our deposit down. The reception hall was absolutely gorgeous and the food was very good. We set up the hall the day before and everything went very well and everyone was helpful. So for the not so good things... They're tasting system for their food is HORRIBLE. You have to call once a week and then if you are interested in what another wedding or event is having, they will set aside containers of the food for you to come pick up. You cannot request to try any certain item, because they will not just make samples of what you want to try. So if there is something that you are interested in, unless another event had it AND you happened to have called to see what they were having that day, you will not be able to try it. This was a huge pain since I lived an hour away from the vendor. Also, because everyone seemed to have tried the same food since people didn't want to order things they hadn't tried, we only got to taste about a 1/4 or less of their menu. It was really disappointing...but on the positive side, everything we did get to try was good. They were a little bit hard to get ahold of at times. I am an email person, I do a lot of my correspondence through email. It's easier to keep track of, and then you have a paper trail for all of your questions. Well, they are not very good with responding to emails, but are good when it comes to phone calls. So just keep that in mind. Overall, I would definitely recommend them, but just make sure you are okay with the food issue and the time crunch for the ceremony site.

Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 9/05/2011 Christina K

My husband had our wedding reception at Tom's Country Place in Avon, OH in August 2011. The staff was nice and accomodating. The dining room was decorated beautifully. We took our wedding photos on their beautifully manicured grounds.

Definately worth the cost!

Reviewed on 8/30/2011 christa g

Outdoor ceremony site... Amazing. Reception area... incredible. Food.. BEST wedding food I've ever had! The only downside I feel this place has is that you're pretty much on your own. The day before the wedding I was told to come early and they could help me set up. When we... Read More got their to set up we got NO HELP at all. Some bride's may not be okay with that. Instead there was another couple in the reception hall that we were trying to set up in with the coordinator to book their own event. That's the only time I really felt anything negative.. I would definately do it over again, though!