DJs For Perfect Weddings

Top Hat Entertainment is a full-service Vermont DJ company, specializing in weddings. We personalize each reception with you, to ensure that everything from the music to flow of the day is perfect. Please contact us for a package of information, or to arrange a time to meet at our office!

Classical, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Klezmer, Latin

Wedding

Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

12 Gregory Drive, Suite #3, South Burlington, VT (802) 862-2011

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Vincent S

My husband and I were recently married on September 16th, 2016 at the Old Lantern Inn & Barn in Charlotte, VT. We were fortunate enough to have Mark with Top Hat accompany us for our special day, and could not have asked for anyone better! Top Hat Entertainment not only... Read More provided our guests with a great time, but also helped us to remain calm throughout the process by being readily accessible and open to offering ideas that would make our special day complete. Mark created a personalized playlist for our guests, and seemed to somehow know what songs to play at the perfect times. He kept the energy alive and made sure that our friends and family had a night of memories to last a lifetime! We would recommend Top Hat Entertainment to any couple looking to tie the knot, and to anyone looking for a true expert to make any occasion fun and bright.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Shannon G

We had Mike for our wedding and he was absolutely amazing. So many people commented on how great the dj was and he kept the party going. Mike was great to work with and super accommodating to our needs and wants. I would highly recommend going with top hat if you're looking for... Read More a quality dj!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Stephanie F

Mike was an amazing DJ! He was super professional, and on top of everything. He got everyone out on the dance floor and really knew how to read the crowd when it comes to playing certain songs. We rented the photobooth as well and we were so glad we did, everyone loved it!! I... Read More would definitely recommend Mike and Top Hat Entertainment!!

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Christine G

We loved our experience with Top Hat and would recommend them to anyone! As an out-of-state couple, it was difficult to hire wedding vendors without recommendations, since we did not have an opportunity to meet everyone we hired before getting things set up with them. Top Hat... Read More was recommended to us by some other couples, and we’re so glad they were. From the beginning, they were very responsive and helped guide us through the process of choosing music, making sure we didn’t miss anything. On the day of, Tyler (our DJ) kept everything on schedule, checked in with us about timing, and made sure we knew what was going on and when certain things would happen (bouquet toss, cake cutting, etc.). He stayed later than we planned and kept playing, because our guests were having such a great time. He worked closely with the catering manager as well, to ensure a smooth and fun day for us. My only recommendation would be to meet with your DJ beforehand, even if it’s just a day or two. Tyler ended up wanting to check in with us about some things day-of, during cocktail hour, and we just wanted to get out there with our friends and family. Coming from out-of-state, this was hard to work out, but I wish we had been able to meet ahead of time, even for an hour or so. Other than that, everything was perfect and we’d recommend them hands down!

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Mattea R

Top Hat was simply amazing! Mike did an INCREDIBLE job as the DJ at our wedding, as well as the photobooth they provided. We had numerous guests come up to us after that night and tell us how awesome our DJ was. Multiple people told us they kept waiting for a mediocre song to... Read More come on so they could go to the bathroom, use the photobooth, grab a drink, but there were just too many good songs to leave the dance floor. Mike helped organize, make things run smoothly, and truly made this day everything we could have wanted. We wanted all our guests on the dance floor all night and he definitely made that a possibility. Even now, a week after the wedding we still have guests contacting us about how much fun they had dancing.

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Megan L

Top Hat did an amazing job! They were responsive and very easy to work with in the planning stages. We had Tyler as our DJ. After speaking with him for only five minutes, we knew that he was going to make the reception a great dance party. We had so many compliments on the... Read More music. Our guests couldn't wait to dance (even before dinner was over). Tyler did a great job of reading the crowd and kept them going on the dance floor. We could not have been happier with Top Hat!!

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Katharine M

Top Hat did a wonderful job at my wedding! Mike was an amazing DJ, he was great to work with and super accommodating to our needs and wants. He was super professional, and on top of everything. He even kept us on schedule during the reception. I would highly recommend going... Read More with Top Hat if you're looking for a quality DJ!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Meghan M

Mike and Heather were both amazing! We used Top Hat for our wedding (9/17/16) and had Mike as our DJ, Heather helped run the Photo Booth. We got so many compliments about how professional yet fun Mike and Heather were. Mike made sure we had all the songs that we requested for... Read More our ceremony and reception. They even checked to see what our wedding colors were so they could dress accordingly. We can't say enough great things about Mike, Heather and Top Hat.

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Amy L

Everyone we worked with at Top Hat was professional, responsive and a pleasure to work with. The service provided by our DJ (Rob Jones) was above and beyond what we could have expected. From the ceremony music, to the lighting, and stellar playlist it was nothing short of... Read More perfection. Rob did an exceptional job controlling the mood and ambiance, tailoring the play list to our guests and was nothing but accommodating throughout the evening. Our guests have been raving about how much fun our reception was which is attributed to the exceptional service provided by Rob!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Ericka S

Great to work with, played great music that the guests loved, and helped create a wonderful, cohesive atmosphere for the evening.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Leah L

We had a destination wedding, so Top Hat was recommended by our wedding venue. We couldn't have been happier with Top Hat! Mike was so personable and he made it very easy for me to work with them even though we lived in a different state. Tyler, our DJ, was fantastic. I... Read More appreciate he gave me the call the week of our wedding to ensure everything I sent in was correct and if there were any other questions or issues. We had a variety of ages at our reception and I thought Tyler did a great job a playing something for everyone! I highly recommend using Top Hat for your wedding reception!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Alyssa W

Top Hat was one of the highlights of our night, hands-down! They were non-cheesy, professional, and were great at reading the mood of the crowd! It was easy to communicate with them and they made sure to go through all of our song choices prior to the wedding to make sure first... Read More dance and parent dances went smoothly. We were dancin' all night long, as were all our guests! They played something for every age group as well! I would recommend them to anyone getting married in VT!!

Top Notch :D

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Sarah W

Mike from Top Hat did an amazing job at our wedding. From the time I got in touch with him after sending our song selections (which included some unusual/special requests), he was so reassuring that he totally understood what we needed and was going to host our night perfectly.... Read More He had our plan of all the things we wanted to do (which turns out to be a lot! bouquet toss, cake cutting, three toasts, etc) and timed everything to fit into our night perfectly. The music sounded great, and he totally picked up on the fact that this was a millennial wedding (we were all in middle school in 2005 and obviously all just wanted to dance to get low, as we did back then ;) and played a mix of songs that all my guests danced to and had such a fun time. He accommodated all our requests and handled the night wonderfully, while matching our vibe right down to asking what type of attire he should wear to fit in well to our night. He was professional, kind, and confident. Mike at Top Hat made our night fun and memorable! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Sarah C

THE BEST! Top Hat was the best vendor that we worked with for our wedding. We had Mike as our contact and our DJ. He was phenomenal - definitely in the right profession :) He called us the day before the wedding to let us know he would take care of everything during the... Read More reception and not to worry (so nice to hear). He was calm and friendly, also very professional. We knew we were in good hands. Our guests raved about the music, the DJ and the photobooth afterwards - we danced the night away just as we hoped! I really recommend the photobooth because you'll get more photos from the big day that you wouldn't other have. These guys are the bees knees!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Yonaira C

We used Top Hat as our music for our cocktail hour and reception at our barn wedding in Arlington, VT. Damon did a spectacular job! He was very professional, had a great presence and was on top of all of the details. We requested a mix of spanish music (salsa/merengue) as... Read More well as the usual dance music and he did a great job of mixing the two up and keeping both sides of our family happy and dancing! He was even attentive to our timeline with our photographer, pulling us aside to make sure we did our cake cutting and mother-son/father-daughter dances while she was still with us. I received multiple comments from guests stating how great the DJ was, open to suggestion and playing the perfect mix of american and spanish styles to keep everyone happy. We couldn't have been more pleased and happy with Damon. His professionalism and experience made our evening a wonderful hit!

Best Possible Option

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Brittany S

Top Hat was amazing and I am SO glad we chose them for our wedding. They DJ'd for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner (we had a band do a set after dinner). Mike was really friendly, responsive and helpful leading up to the event, and day of Daren was amazing - so... Read More friendly, professional, and it's like he took all of the best songs from our playlist and played them. He also called a few days out and was really thoughtful and nice about making sure I had everything I needed and no details were missed. I had SO many people come up to me during the cocktail hour and tell me how good he was and how awesome the music was. I couldn't have asked for anything more and the prices are completely reasonable (actually an awesome value for how great of a vendor they are) - thank you so much Mike, Daren, and Top Hat Team!

Top Hat Entertainment is a MUST

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Rebecca S

Mike Detch (our DJ) was fun, energetic, enthusiastic, excited to be there and most importantly an absolute professional. Mike arrived on-time, helped to coordinate some of the last minute details, helped the wedding party be where they needed to be, and worked easily with our... Read More wedding photographers (pseudo wedding planners) to make it all come together when it had to. Also - the equipment (uplights, speakers, etc etc) that Top Hat provided we're well worth the investment. Really helped the party be a party! We will call Top Hat again, and again, and again!

Fun, professional DJ

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Amy S

We were so happy we chose Top Hat as the DJ for our wedding. Rob called us a few days before our wedding to ask if we had any questions or requests for him. He provided the music for our ceremony and reception, and did a wonderful job of playing the songs we had requested ahead... Read More of time mixed with other selections. He went with the flow of the evening and was very attentive to our needs. We would recommend Top Hat to anyone looking for a fun and professional DJ!

DJ & Photobooth

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 Jessica W

Our DJ, Damon, was so much fun and really kept our guests up and dancing for the whole night. He was great! I strongly recommend using their Photobooth as well. It is an additional cost, but everyone at our wedding absolutely loved it. The pictures we have from it are... Read More hilarious, totally worth it.

Perfect day, Perfect DJ

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 ally k

As the title says, Perfect. Our wedding day was the best time ever, and a big part of that was due to the amazing services provided by Top Hat. From the entrances, mother/son & father/daughter dances and party songs, Daren executed it all without a hitch right to the very end.... Read More Friendly, responsible, professional and on top of his game the whole night. As a business, Top Hat was awesome to work with as well. In a time when wedding planning can be super stressful, the information, quick responses and overall customer service provided by Top Hat made everything SO much easier to deal with (and at very reasonable prices!) Will definitely recommend Top Hat to all future bride/groom-to-be's. Thanks again!

Can't say enought great things!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Shelby S

Top Hat was AMAZING!!! From the initial meeting, they were professional, helpful, accommodating and eliminated any stress or worries I had about music. A DJ can make or break a wedding reception and Mike made mine amazing!! Not only did he play all of the right songs to keep... Read More everyone, ages 7-84 on the dance floor but he also was so personable and charismatic!! All of our guests loved the music selection and what Mike brought to the microphone. Top Hat also did our photo booth which was AWESOME!!! Our guests were in and out of it all night and then my husband and I received a CD with 954 pictures on it!! It was great to have those pictures that our photographer couldn't have captured. Heather, who ran the photo booth was so fun and so engaged with our guests. The props she brought just added to the silly pictures! In addition to the DJ and Photo booth, they also provided up-lighting. A very simple concept but it really added something to our reception once the lights went down! I wish I could really put into exact words how great they were and how easy they were to work with. They 100% exceeded my expectations and really made my reception far beyond what I could have imagined and hoped for!

Top Hat Entertainment is Fantastic!

Reviewed on 7/22/2015 Emily B

Top Hat Entertainment is fantastic! They brought so much fun to the reception and provided us with some wonderful memories from our wedding. The quality of the photos were great and the customer service was phenomenal! Our guests had a blast using the photo booth and we were... Read More able to use the photos as additional party favors. You can't go wrong with Top Hat Entertainment and we will continue recommending them to all of our friends and family!

Mike is the BOMB!

Reviewed on 7/22/2015 Chelsea C

Top hat DJ services is truly top notch! From the initial meeting through the consultation and carried out through the event it went off without a hitch. I would recommend these services to anyone looking for a wedding or any other event requiring DJ services looking for... Read More perfection!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015

The night would not have been the same without Mike there! From grabbing my bride and I waters during the cocktail hour (aka super long photo session) to playing whatever was needed whenever it was needed, to announcing everything even as plans were changing on the spot, Mike... Read More was perfect throughout. Not to mention the awesome photobooth experience, which was not only a BLAST for our guests, but also provide my wife and I an amazing collection of photos to cherish forever as our friends and families made total fools of themselves. If you want someone to make you feel like your wedding day is truly YOUR day and to ensure it all goes perfectly, look no further than Mike and Top Hat. Can't say enough how amazing our day was, and Top Hat played a huge role in that. Thanks!

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Travis S

Tophat did our ceremony music, cocktail hour, and reception and everything was spectacular. Mike was our DJ and the guy flat out knows what he's doing. Before the wedding, Mike took a good amount of his personal time to hear about who we are and what type of people our guests... Read More were. He encouraged a lot of our musical selections and did an excellent job making suggestions to help streamline everything. Unfortunately, our outdoor wedding was moved inside due to weather. Within ten minutes, Mike had everything set up at our alternate venue with a big smile on his face. During the reception, Mike was diligent in checking in with us to make sure that everyone was having fun (of course they were). We had people on the dance floor the ENTIRE night and we have received so many compliments on the music which is a testament to Mike. Mike even played a few extra songs for us when everyone was visibly bummed that the party was over. Mike was not only a great DJ and MC, but he's truly a great guy as well who clearly loves what he does. If you want great music, professionalism, and just really great people, stop your search and call TopHat now. You won't regret it! Travis and Laura Smith Mountain Top Inn, Chittenden VT 5/10/15