DJs For Perfect Weddings

Top Hat Entertainment is a full-service Vermont DJ company, specializing in weddings. We personalize each reception with you, to ensure that everything from the music to flow of the day is perfect. Please contact us for a package of information, or to arrange a time to meet at our office!

Classical, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Klezmer, Latin

Wedding

Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

12 Gregory Drive, Suite #3, South Burlington, VT (802) 862-2011

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Vincent S

My husband and I were recently married on September 16th, 2016 at the Old Lantern Inn & Barn in Charlotte, VT. We were fortunate enough to have Mark with Top Hat accompany us for our special day, and could not have asked for anyone better! Top Hat Entertainment not only... Read More provided our guests with a great time, but also helped us to remain calm throughout the process by being readily accessible and open to offering ideas that would make our special day complete. Mark created a personalized playlist for our guests, and seemed to somehow know what songs to play at the perfect times. He kept the energy alive and made sure that our friends and family had a night of memories to last a lifetime! We would recommend Top Hat Entertainment to any couple looking to tie the knot, and to anyone looking for a true expert to make any occasion fun and bright.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Shannon G

We had Mike for our wedding and he was absolutely amazing. So many people commented on how great the dj was and he kept the party going. Mike was great to work with and super accommodating to our needs and wants. I would highly recommend going with top hat if you're looking for... Read More a quality dj!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Stephanie F

Mike was an amazing DJ! He was super professional, and on top of everything. He got everyone out on the dance floor and really knew how to read the crowd when it comes to playing certain songs. We rented the photobooth as well and we were so glad we did, everyone loved it!! I... Read More would definitely recommend Mike and Top Hat Entertainment!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2017

Top hat was an amazing vendor. They were very fast to respond and went above and beyond with our music, lighting, and photo booth requests. Through this vendor we hired a DJ, magic mirror photo booth, and up-lighting. Our DJ, Tyler, did a great job with our music selection,... Read More everyone had such a fun time dancing. People were dancing from the start of the music until the very end of this night, the dance floor was packed. The magic mirror photo booth was a hit. It was much less cramped than a regular photo booth. Our guests loved how they could sign their photo and even add emojis to it. The up-lighting was key, Tyler did a great job controlling the lights once the music started for dancing. We highly recommend Top Hat!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Kathryn L

Tophat did an amazing job at our wedding! They provided music for our ceremony and our reception and it all went off without a hitch. We mainly dealt with Mike Detch who was professional, down to earth, knowledgeable, and very calming throughout the process. We also rented... Read More their uplighting for our tent and they were fantastic. They really added a nice atmosphere to the reception. I would highly recommend Tophat!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Erin S

Mike was on my team of STELLAR vendors! He made our lives SO easy from the moment we contacted them for our big day until the very moment I'm writing this review 2 weeks after our wedding date. Mike had our dance floor FILLED for almost 3 hours! No one wanted to take a break... Read More because they were having so much fun! He was attentive and responsive to my EVERY need, no matter how big or small. He was professional, helpful, receptive, entertaining, and if I don't stop now I'll run out of characters for this review! I couldn't imagine a better MC for the best day of our lives! He rolled with the punches, which included me changing the location of our intros and first dances with about 10 minutes notice! I never saw anything but a smile and a great "can do" attitude! I enjoyed our experience with Mike and Top Hat, look forward to our memories for a lifetime, and look forward to a friendship with this company, as well.

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Kelly C

The word OUTSTANDING doesn’t even begin to cover how great Top Hat Entertainment and DJ Daren Cassani were. First and foremost, owner Mike Detch and Daren both were very thorough in asking what we wanted to have at the reception. They left no stone unturned as they made sure... Read More they had names, songs, dances, and announcements in order. Mike suggested we have their photo booth and our guests went ballistic! We had over 400 pictures send to us digitally over Dropbox and our guests got a copy of their pictures on the spot. Absolutely worth every penny! We had a couple of very non-traditional songs and Top Hat was able to access them and have them cued up, ready to go in no time. My wife requested an older song for her father/daughter dance and Mike and Daren tracked down the specific artist she wanted (it’s been covered and rerecorded hundreds of times). It made a special moment even more memorable. But I really want to talk about how fantastic Daren was. He was sharply dressed and was spring-loaded and ready to go when we walked into the reception. He had lists out and promptly got the wedding party in line for announcements. There were three separate entrance songs and Daren seamlessly transitioned from one to the other. And he was fully tuned in to what was happening. Our first dance wedding song was starting to run a bit longer than I anticipated and I simply made eye contact with Daren behind the table and he instinctively knew to wind down the song. He even faded the song out right as it went into an instrumental so it didn’t seem as though he “yanked the needle off the album”. Daren knew what we needed before we even knew we needed it. He was focused and extremely professional. I can only assume that every employee at Top Hat is of that caliber. We cannot say enough about this man. We could not have prayed for a better person for the job. Thank you so much Daren Cassani and Mike Detch and everyone at Top Hat Entertainment that had a hand in making this an epic wedding. – Eric & Kelly

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Katie L

I can't say enough good things about Top Hat, and especially DJ Daren! The music from pre-ceremony, until our requested last song at the reception was perfect! Daren really knows how to get the party going, and keep it going! We also rented the Magic Mirror photo booth, and had... Read More SO MUCH fun with it... everyone LOVED it! It was very easy to communicate with Top Hat, and they made sure everything flowed smoothly, and that we got exactly what we wanted. Our best man was overseas and recorded a video for his speech, so Top Hat made sure that everything was downloaded and ready to go on their projector when it came time to show it... we were a little nervous about it actually happening, but Top Hat pulled through flawlessly. It was also a bonus that DJ Daren allowed our videographers connect to the soundboard, so that we now have great audio recordings of the ceremony and speeches. Like I said, I can't say enough good things about Top Hat, their employees, and their services! Would definitely recommend!!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Shannon C

My husband and I married in June 2017 in southern Vermont and we had MacInroe as our amazing DJ from Top Hat. We have him to thank for the incredible event that our celebration turned out to be! He not only helped to make our ceremony run smoothly, but then brought the party to... Read More the reception! Our dance floor was packed all night from the awesome music he played. In addition to his significant skill as DJ, he is also very upbeat, relaxed, and organized- we loved working with him! We give Top Hat and MacInroe our highest recommendation for a wedding DJ. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Nicole C

Larry, was the best DJ! He had the voice for it! He made my wedding come together so smoothly and wonderful. He played the perfect music to get people moving on the dance floor all night! there was never a dull moment and he knew when to slow things down! He did exactly wha twe... Read More asked for, and even kept to his word when we told him we did not want our guest requests to be played if they were not on the theme of music we chose. He also helped us pick the songs for the entrance, which he had the fog machine for! He was the best part of the party! He got our sense of humor and kept the party going! He does it all, and even stayed up on the mountain the day before just in case of inclement weather so he was not late.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Dalton S

The Dj that got hired from top hat entertainment for the 2017 junior prom for Ticonderoga NY was awful. He didn't play any of the songs that were suggested. He thought it was a good idea to just play his own garbage music with no ones input and there were multiple moments of... Read More silence where the dj just left for 10-15 minuites at a time. He is relatable to trash.

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Christine G

We loved our experience with Top Hat and would recommend them to anyone! As an out-of-state couple, it was difficult to hire wedding vendors without recommendations, since we did not have an opportunity to meet everyone we hired before getting things set up with them. Top Hat... Read More was recommended to us by some other couples, and we’re so glad they were. From the beginning, they were very responsive and helped guide us through the process of choosing music, making sure we didn’t miss anything. On the day of, Tyler (our DJ) kept everything on schedule, checked in with us about timing, and made sure we knew what was going on and when certain things would happen (bouquet toss, cake cutting, etc.). He stayed later than we planned and kept playing, because our guests were having such a great time. He worked closely with the catering manager as well, to ensure a smooth and fun day for us. My only recommendation would be to meet with your DJ beforehand, even if it’s just a day or two. Tyler ended up wanting to check in with us about some things day-of, during cocktail hour, and we just wanted to get out there with our friends and family. Coming from out-of-state, this was hard to work out, but I wish we had been able to meet ahead of time, even for an hour or so. Other than that, everything was perfect and we’d recommend them hands down!

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Mattea R

Top Hat was simply amazing! Mike did an INCREDIBLE job as the DJ at our wedding, as well as the photobooth they provided. We had numerous guests come up to us after that night and tell us how awesome our DJ was. Multiple people told us they kept waiting for a mediocre song to... Read More come on so they could go to the bathroom, use the photobooth, grab a drink, but there were just too many good songs to leave the dance floor. Mike helped organize, make things run smoothly, and truly made this day everything we could have wanted. We wanted all our guests on the dance floor all night and he definitely made that a possibility. Even now, a week after the wedding we still have guests contacting us about how much fun they had dancing.

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Megan L

Top Hat did an amazing job! They were responsive and very easy to work with in the planning stages. We had Tyler as our DJ. After speaking with him for only five minutes, we knew that he was going to make the reception a great dance party. We had so many compliments on the... Read More music. Our guests couldn't wait to dance (even before dinner was over). Tyler did a great job of reading the crowd and kept them going on the dance floor. We could not have been happier with Top Hat!!

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Katharine M

Top Hat did a wonderful job at my wedding! Mike was an amazing DJ, he was great to work with and super accommodating to our needs and wants. He was super professional, and on top of everything. He even kept us on schedule during the reception. I would highly recommend going... Read More with Top Hat if you're looking for a quality DJ!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Meghan M

Mike and Heather were both amazing! We used Top Hat for our wedding (9/17/16) and had Mike as our DJ, Heather helped run the Photo Booth. We got so many compliments about how professional yet fun Mike and Heather were. Mike made sure we had all the songs that we requested for... Read More our ceremony and reception. They even checked to see what our wedding colors were so they could dress accordingly. We can't say enough great things about Mike, Heather and Top Hat.

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Amy L

Everyone we worked with at Top Hat was professional, responsive and a pleasure to work with. The service provided by our DJ (Rob Jones) was above and beyond what we could have expected. From the ceremony music, to the lighting, and stellar playlist it was nothing short of... Read More perfection. Rob did an exceptional job controlling the mood and ambiance, tailoring the play list to our guests and was nothing but accommodating throughout the evening. Our guests have been raving about how much fun our reception was which is attributed to the exceptional service provided by Rob!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Ericka S

Great to work with, played great music that the guests loved, and helped create a wonderful, cohesive atmosphere for the evening.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Leah L

We had a destination wedding, so Top Hat was recommended by our wedding venue. We couldn't have been happier with Top Hat! Mike was so personable and he made it very easy for me to work with them even though we lived in a different state. Tyler, our DJ, was fantastic. I... Read More appreciate he gave me the call the week of our wedding to ensure everything I sent in was correct and if there were any other questions or issues. We had a variety of ages at our reception and I thought Tyler did a great job a playing something for everyone! I highly recommend using Top Hat for your wedding reception!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Alyssa W

Top Hat was one of the highlights of our night, hands-down! They were non-cheesy, professional, and were great at reading the mood of the crowd! It was easy to communicate with them and they made sure to go through all of our song choices prior to the wedding to make sure first... Read More dance and parent dances went smoothly. We were dancin' all night long, as were all our guests! They played something for every age group as well! I would recommend them to anyone getting married in VT!!

Top Notch :D

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Sarah W

Mike from Top Hat did an amazing job at our wedding. From the time I got in touch with him after sending our song selections (which included some unusual/special requests), he was so reassuring that he totally understood what we needed and was going to host our night perfectly.... Read More He had our plan of all the things we wanted to do (which turns out to be a lot! bouquet toss, cake cutting, three toasts, etc) and timed everything to fit into our night perfectly. The music sounded great, and he totally picked up on the fact that this was a millennial wedding (we were all in middle school in 2005 and obviously all just wanted to dance to get low, as we did back then ;) and played a mix of songs that all my guests danced to and had such a fun time. He accommodated all our requests and handled the night wonderfully, while matching our vibe right down to asking what type of attire he should wear to fit in well to our night. He was professional, kind, and confident. Mike at Top Hat made our night fun and memorable! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Sarah C

THE BEST! Top Hat was the best vendor that we worked with for our wedding. We had Mike as our contact and our DJ. He was phenomenal - definitely in the right profession :) He called us the day before the wedding to let us know he would take care of everything during the... Read More reception and not to worry (so nice to hear). He was calm and friendly, also very professional. We knew we were in good hands. Our guests raved about the music, the DJ and the photobooth afterwards - we danced the night away just as we hoped! I really recommend the photobooth because you'll get more photos from the big day that you wouldn't other have. These guys are the bees knees!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Yonaira C

We used Top Hat as our music for our cocktail hour and reception at our barn wedding in Arlington, VT. Damon did a spectacular job! He was very professional, had a great presence and was on top of all of the details. We requested a mix of spanish music (salsa/merengue) as... Read More well as the usual dance music and he did a great job of mixing the two up and keeping both sides of our family happy and dancing! He was even attentive to our timeline with our photographer, pulling us aside to make sure we did our cake cutting and mother-son/father-daughter dances while she was still with us. I received multiple comments from guests stating how great the DJ was, open to suggestion and playing the perfect mix of american and spanish styles to keep everyone happy. We couldn't have been more pleased and happy with Damon. His professionalism and experience made our evening a wonderful hit!

Best Possible Option

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Brittany S

Top Hat was amazing and I am SO glad we chose them for our wedding. They DJ'd for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner (we had a band do a set after dinner). Mike was really friendly, responsive and helpful leading up to the event, and day of Daren was amazing - so... Read More friendly, professional, and it's like he took all of the best songs from our playlist and played them. He also called a few days out and was really thoughtful and nice about making sure I had everything I needed and no details were missed. I had SO many people come up to me during the cocktail hour and tell me how good he was and how awesome the music was. I couldn't have asked for anything more and the prices are completely reasonable (actually an awesome value for how great of a vendor they are) - thank you so much Mike, Daren, and Top Hat Team!

Top Hat Entertainment is a MUST

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Rebecca S

Mike Detch (our DJ) was fun, energetic, enthusiastic, excited to be there and most importantly an absolute professional. Mike arrived on-time, helped to coordinate some of the last minute details, helped the wedding party be where they needed to be, and worked easily with our... Read More wedding photographers (pseudo wedding planners) to make it all come together when it had to. Also - the equipment (uplights, speakers, etc etc) that Top Hat provided we're well worth the investment. Really helped the party be a party! We will call Top Hat again, and again, and again!