Top of the Market Banquet Center

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

32 Webster St, Dayton, OH (937) 224-3663

Reviewed on 2/19/2018 Jesica G

Top of the Market is Top Notch!!! All of the staff were so helpful! They made our wedding day stress-free and I'm so thankful for each and everyone there!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 A V

I am a vendor that has had numerous weddings at this location so I am speaking from personal experience. This venue is top notch. They treat the vendors really good. They are very hospitable, and passionate about providing the best service they can for every wedding, but they go... Read More above and beyond to make the wedding memorable. I think they love what they do so much that it shows in the quality of service they provide. One of my favorite venues to perform weddings at by far...

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Christina S

It's 1 month after our wedding and we are still receiving compliments from our guests! One of the compliments we have received the most by FAR is that Top of the Market was the coolest, most unique wedding venue they have been to, AND that it was the BEST tasting food and best... Read More bar selection (we did the craft beer) they have ever had at a wedding. Not only is this venue absolutely amazing aesthetically...the staff is also so incredible. We worked directly with Emily who was so attentive, detailed, and helpful. She was also so much fun and had us laughing all the time. I felt like we were meeting with a friend every time we sat down with her! As a stressed out bride it was nice to have a sense of calm when meeting with someone so awesome - especially when they are in charge of your entire reception! I felt like she truly cared about making this wedding perfect for us and representative of our style. She went above and beyond in every single way. When we got to TOM after the ceremony and pictures, she greeted us and our entire bridal party with beers to give us a moment to relax and have a beverage before walking into the reception - we were not expecting that and thought it was so cool, and really thoughtful! Top of the Market truly knows what they are doing and how to make an event better than you ever could have imagined. When you book with them, you will have a huge weight lifted off your shoulders - they are true professionals. They take care of everything for you. Prepare for ENDLESS compliments too :) . We can't thank Emily and the staff enough - TOM was a huge part of why our night was so special and unforgettable.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Michael D

I LOVED having my reception at Top of the Market. They made everything so easy. All I have to do was set the centerpieces up (they offered to do it for me) and set up any other little details I wanted to add. When I got there they had all the tables ready to go with linen and... Read More silverware. They made sure to be there while I was setting up incase I needed anything. They literally took a load off of my back. If I EVER need a venue for any other big event in my life, I will choose them. The staff is amazing, the food is impeccable, and it's a gorgeous venue. I could not have pictured a better place to have my reception.

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Ashley G

I had my reception there in January . Everything was absolutely perfect. The staff is INCREDIBLE! They went above and beyond to make sure everything was running smoothly. Everyone was so polite and friendly. The food was amazing. We had so many compliments from our guests and I... Read More will recommend top of the market to anyone for their event! Thank you!

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Caitlin C

We absolutely LOVED our wedding reception at Top of the Market! Top of the Market came highly recommended to us by a co-worker's daughter. However, they went above and beyond our expectations! The venue is beautiful (even without decorations) and we were able to create our... Read More perfect reception. We were so impressed with the staff before, during, and after our event - they are friendly, helpful, professional, and proactive. We could not thank them enough for all they did for us to make our reception run so smoothly. Our guests raved about the food and were thankful to have a personable bartender. Our families and bridal party were shocked that we didn't have to worry about cleanup after the reception ended. Top of the Market took care of literally everything for us making our long day stress-free. We were able to enjoy the reception with our family and friends because of the top-notch customer service they provided. We are certain that our day was perfect because we chose Top of the Market for our reception venue.

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Karen U

The staff at Top of the Market were a joy to work with, before and on the day of our wedding!

Reviewed on 12/17/2016 Chelsie T

You need to do a walk through at this place! Once you do, you will look no further for a wedding venue. I'd you are looking for a trendy industrious look, top of the market is perfect. My wife and I were married here a few months ago and could not be happier! The compliments... Read More that we have received from our guests about the venue were amazing. The staff that work here have some of the best customer service I have seen. Everyone was always ready to help you with a smile on their face. Emily, the venue coordinator is amazing. Her attention to detail and genuine willingness to create your dream wedding is exactly what you need. I have heard and seen horror stories about venue coordinators disappearing, no where to be found. That is the complete opposite of Emily and top of the market. At one point during the evening she brought me a glass of wine because she wasn't sure if I had had time yet to go to the bar. The whole process was perfect from start to finish. Our questions were always answered, and someone was always ready to help us before, during, and after. I cannot say enough good things about top of the market. I am so greatful that we chose this place, they did not let us done. They are a major reason that this was the best day of our lives. Thank you top-of-the-market.

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Sarah D

A very unique choice in Dayton, OH! We had our wedding reception in the Warehouse and absolutely loved it. We were looking for something different than the typical banquet or hotel reception, and aren't country enough for a barn outside. This was perfect for us! Emily was... Read More amazing to work with and was always upbeat and seemed just as excited for the day as we were. She was very helpful with all of the questions and few last minute changes we made. We booked early since we knew there wasn't another option like this, both ascetics and guest accommodation. The food was delicious and the service was great. We continue to be complimented on our choice of venue and would recommend to anyone who wanted a large, beautiful and indoor space!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015

BEWARE OF DOUBLE BOOKINGS!!!! We were offered 2 summer 2015 dates in September of 2014. We found out 2 weeks prior to the wedding that the date we chose had never been available and had been booked since Jan 2014. We had spoken with and emailed Jeremy multiple times during the... Read More interim, but it wasn't until we met two weeks before the wedding when we were finalizing the menu that we were informed that our chosen date HAD NEVER been available to us because it was already booked.

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Alyssa S

I could rave about Top of the Market all day! Emily, the coordinator, was phenomenal! She took the time to reassure me, verify how I wanted things, and was on top of everything during our wedding/reception. All of the staff were amazing! We used the warehouse and had about 170... Read More guests. I particularly loved TOM because of it's flexibility. We were able to get into the venue on Friday to decorate and Emily allowed us to drop off our stuff on Thursday and they set up tables/basic things for us over night. We didn't have to pick anything back up until the following week and most of the clean up was done by TOM staff. The atmosphere at TOM was so laid back and cozy. It looked more beautiful than I could have imagined! Food was to die for! Everyone loved it and had no complaints of cold food, etc. The only issue we did have was with guests with special food needs. We had several vegetarian/gluten free guests and had ordered special food for them. When the guests went to ask for their food the staff reported there was no vegetarian or gluten free option. Once I got word of that we talked to Emily who worked it out, but I had to remember who all needed special food and make sure they got it so they were able to eat. But, TOM staff sent my husband and I home with a to-go box :)

WONDERFUL!!

Reviewed on 1/03/2015 Kristen F

We chose Top of the Market because of how kind they were to us the first day we looked at it. When all other venues told us "no" (like can we have candles? no.), Top of the Market told us yes! They were VERY detailed oriented. We did have a few bumps in the road: they ruined a... Read More whole tray of our cupcakes, we felt like their should have been leftover food, we ran out of a certain wine. But all the GREAT things made up for the few bad. They special ordered my favorite kind of wine, they made a changing area for me in the room so I could change into a different dress for my father-daughter dance, they let us use "drink coupons" for certain guests, they let you pick up all the center pieces and decorations later on the next week (all you have to take home with you that night are your gifts)....Over all they were WONDERFUL and I would choose them 100 times again! There was one lady who was NEVER kind when answering the phone....But Emily & Mark are WONDERFUL!!!!

Wonderful Reception at Top of the Market

Reviewed on 12/03/2014 Jan-Marie R

We held our reception at Top of the Market a few weeks ago, and it was an amazing event. The entire space looked magical, and the staff was great. The food was delicious, although dinner ran about 15 minutes late. The only reason I didn't rate them 5 stars for value is the Open... Read More Bar rates are a bit outrageous, but we managed to make it work. If you want a beautiful space to hold your reception, look no further!

Top of the Choices!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Patrick S

Top of the Market is an awesome venue to have a reception. The atmosphere is completely different than your standard white walled hall and it sets it apart. Throughout the whole planning of the wedding they were always very nice and accommodating. The ONLY issue I can think... Read More of, and looking back it was very minor, was that the responsiveness was sometimes slow. But everything about the venue is perfect. You must use their food, but it's worth it. All our guests commented on how good the food was. They do tastings throughout the year so you can get a preview of how it'll be, and they don't skimp out. I was surprised how flexible they were with the alcohol too. Last minute we added the liquor package but only for part of the night. They let us do 3 hours out of 5, but we were able to pause the service during dinner when people would be seated anyways and use the remaining 2 hours while everyone was dancing! They even will tear down your stuff and keep it for you at the end of the night! We loved Top of the Market, and considering what they all include it's not a bad deal either. It will definitely be a memorable location that you and your guests won't forget.

Food Served was Cold and the Portions were Small

Reviewed on 9/23/2014

We used Top of the Market for our daughter's wedding reception. We used the upstairs loft. The venue was unique and our daughter worked very hard to decorate to enhance the setting. We went to food tastings and picked out the menu and decided on the buffet style service. The... Read More first people to be served (the wedding party) to the last guests served received small portions and cold food. Of all of the questions and details we asked, I never thought to ask how they would keep the food hot. We had 150 guests and were so very sad that they did so much for us and we did not have a good, warm meal for them. Emily (planner) did not respond to our emails concerning this most egregious issue. I would not recommend this venue unless you are guaranteed in writing that the food will be served hot to your guests.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 12/03/2013 Kacey

We recently had our wedding in the larger warehouse room and everything was great! We had 150 guests and were able to curtain off a section of the room for cocktails and the rest for the reception. The staff was very accommodating, responsive and willing to do what it took to... Read More meet our needs. Emily seemed to work all hours of the day and was also very welcoming and helpful. We only had one problem with how our dessert was served, but it was a minor hiccup that wasn't noticed to most guests. Overall we had a great experience, wonderful service and fantastic food!

Our wedding reception

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Brittany T

Perfect! The Top of the Market staff, especially Emily, was so helpful starting from the beginning- months before our wedding! The decorations, the food, and the service couldn't have been better!

Unconventional venue but so great!

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 Becky G

We absolutely loved this venue for our reception. The loft has a cute and funky vibe. The decor is such that you don't really need to bring in a ton of extra decorations. The staff is awesome in helping meet your needs and they are very attentive.

Best night of our lives

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Meghan H

I cannot express how impressed we were by the whole experience.We had the loft upstairs and the atmosphere was absolutely perfect. The carpet upstairs is pretty nasty, however, you don't really notice it when the lights are turned down during the reception. Emily, the... Read More coordinator, did an exceptional job from beginning to end. The food was great. The nice thing they do is have a "testing night" where you get to try all the app's, main dishes, and side dishes. This was really helpful when picking out the menu. Emily made great suggestions and the night went perfectly. I would not have done anything different. My friend, who is recently engaged, is also going to have her reception there next year. It was also nice to be able to have one place take care of the venue, food, linens, and clean up. Eric, the bartender, made us amazing his/her signature cocktails, all my guests saying how good they were. I would highly suggest the market to any brides to be, it was a great experience.

Sept. Wedding

Reviewed on 2/22/2013 Janelle E

Perfect venue. Unique & affordable. Really set my wedding apart from others I'd been to in the past!

AMAZING, Unique Reception Venue

Reviewed on 1/03/2013 Andrea H

First of all, I never write reviews but I could go on and on about this place. I knew before even visiting the site that I HAD to have my reception here. My husband and I got married 3 months after getting engaged and Emily and the top of the market crew were all extremely... Read More helpful and accomodating. We even got married on a Sunday just so we could keep the venue. My husband and I both live out of town but are from the Dayton area and Emily was great about meeting with us on nights and weekends, any time that worked for us she made it happen. Top of the market held a tasting for all events within the next six months and we got to taste EVERYTHING on their menu, and even some things that weren't on their menu. I LOVED this idea. Emily & her staff made the warehouse look beautiful for the day of, not that it needs much, it already is beautiful without adding anything. Overall, it was a perfect night at a perfect venue. People could not stop talking about how unique and beautiful the venue was and how great the food was. Emily told us the next day the staff was even enjoying the wedding... that's when you know it's a good night :) I already have a friend or two looking into this site for their weddings and I can't wait to go back! Love, love, loved Top of the Market and the staff.

The perfect wedding venue!

Reviewed on 10/20/2012 Kathleen R

This venue is perfect for anyone looking for something special and out of the ordinary. We used the loft space which is upstairs and a more intimate setting for our wedding of about 85 people. The space usually used for a waiting room was transformed into our ceremony space with... Read More some chiffon wall draping and made it easy for our out of town guests (which was about 60%) to get from the ceremony to the reception since the reception space was just next door. Everything went off without a hitch. The venue had worked with all of our vendors before so everything was flawless and seamless. The wall draping was done Tuesday before our Saturday event and we were able to really get going on decorating as early as Wednesday. Having that amount of time to make sure everything was correct was a huge help. The event itself was everything I had hoped my wedding would be. The food was delicious, the decor was perfect, and the bartender was generous and o nice!! The only complaint I ever heard was in the planning stages, my family had some issues with contacting the staff for confirming things but I feel all of that went out the window when the event came and it was all perfect. I would use them again for any other major event we needed and I would hope that this review would encourage people to use them as well!!

Love Love Love

Reviewed on 9/18/2012 Robin B

We had our ceremony upstairs and reception downstairs. This location was perfect for our guest coming from the North and South. We loved the urban feel of the rooms and the size. The staff was great in all aspects. I would recommend to anyone and everyone.

I advise against this place

Reviewed on 3/26/2012 J J

Reception was ruined by staff incompetence ....The location is beautiful and the atmosphere couldn't be better...however Emily, who is the coordinator we worked with is by far the most unprofessional person I have ever met. A fire alarm went off during our reception and she was... Read More not able to properly type in the code and reset the system, we had to listen to the high-pitched annoying sound for nearly 12 min. During the reception Emily was crying, mind you not as much as my wife (the bride). Emily kept telling me (the groom) that she would be sure to compensate me for her monumental mishap. Fast forward two weeks and she would not return our calls, and now she claims she cannot do anything about the fact that she ruined our reception. At a bill of nearly $10,000, all I can advise is to steer clear of this incredibly unprofessional staff. Its too bad too because the venue was everything we wanted. Unfortunately I will be telling all of my friends, family, co-workers and anyone I run into in Dayton how poor the customer service was!

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 1/30/2011 Victoria R

Top of the Market was a pleasure to work with. They were pleasant every time I spoke with them on the phone and were also accommodating. I liked how they answered all my questions without making a fuss, even when I felt awkward asking the question. When I was first booking,... Read More it was sometimes hard to get a hold of someone, but they always called back. Once I was booked, they were very on top of things. Overall, I highly recommend this place for the service and fun atmosphere. I received so many compliments on how the atmosphere was unique and fun.