Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

44 Main St, Topsfield, MA (978) 887-0795

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Mariel P

We loved our cupcake tower from the Topsfield Bakery, and enjoyed every minute of planning our wedding dessert. From the tasting to eating leftover cupcakes in the days following the wedding, everything was delightful! We chose a cupcake tower with four flavors (carrot cake,... Read More boston creme, salted chocolate caramel and lemon raspberry) with a top layer of strawberry cake- Topsfield Bakery even gave us cookies to label the cupcake flavors on the tower! Would highly recommend this bakery to anyone in the market for heavenly desserts.

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Amy L

Their customer services is amazing! From the first meeting when we were just cake testing! My fiancé couldn’t make it to the appointment and they packed up one of all the flavors we tried so I could take them home for him to try! We chose to go with a lemon raspberry cake and... Read More then two flavors of cupcakes; chocolate salted caramel and vanilla maple. It was the best cake anyone ever had! They kept communication throughout the whole eating process, they provided transportation and the display for the cake and cupcakes! I will absolutely be returning to Topsfield bakeshop for all our future cake needs!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Mercedes N

Absolutely incredible!! Our cake came out exactly like we imagined and the small hand details were so perfect. We couldn’t choose just one flavor so we picked three because they were so good!! Thank you for the most gorgeous cake we have ever seen!!!!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Alana S

Topsfield Bakeshop created the cake, whoopie pies and cupcakes for our wedding. The guests raved about the whoopie pies and cupcakes. They worked with us around my food allergies which we appreciated. Unfortunately, we were not happy with the design of our cake. We thought we... Read More were having silhouettes around the cake as we had shared an example of such a cake with them. This did not happen. The cake also collapsed once moved off the cake stand and into a tray to carry home. We started working with one baker, but our final meeting was not with her which was disappointing.

2017-11-10T15:50:35 Response from the vendor

Alana We were so sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations and as I said in our email conversation, we take that very seriously. As we discussed, the silhouette cake is only one sided. The example cake you sent did not have... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Chris L

The Topsfield Bakeshop supplied the wedding cake for our daughter's wedding. It was a huge hit and everyone loved it. The filling selection was incredible and the design on the cake was beautiful. Everyone we worked with was so professional and responsive. We would highly... Read More highly recommend!!!

2017-11-10T15:51:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Samantha R

All the girls at Topsfield Bake shop were great to work with. I had a 200 person wedding at Renaissance Golf club September 9th. I went to a tasting, had an additional meeting and many email communications to make sure all the details were perfect. We had a 3 tier cake,... Read More birthday cake, cupcakes and whoopie pies. All were so delicious and perfectly decorated. Almost every drop went and all of my guests were raving about how good they were.

2017-10-02T15:45:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We love to hear from our brides! Cheers!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Cristina L

Topsfield Bakery is sooo yummy! Working with the bakeshop was fun! It all started when we went for our cake tasting! They were so accommodating! They were easy to work with and communication was seamless! I loved my cake and got so many compliments! So happy that we went with... Read More Topsfiled Bakeshop! Thank you!

2017-09-12T15:05:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We would love to see photos when you get them! All the best!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Julianne F

Our wedding cake was not only stunning, it was absolutely gorgeous. Thank you everyone for putting our vision to work! We also used their whoopie pies for wedding favors and they were a huge hit!

2017-09-12T15:06:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! All our best and we would love to see pictures when you get them! CHeers!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Christine G

Topsfield Bakeshop made our wedding cake and whoopie pies! They were so easy to work with - very responsive, receptive to our vision, and right on budget. We happened to call only a few days before one of the tastings and they were able to fit us in. We loved everything we tried... Read More at the tasting, so it was a hard decision! Our cake - two layers of strawberry tall and two layers of tiramisu - was delicious, and so were the whoopie pies - red velvet and chocolate. Our family and friends had rave reviews of both options! The bakeshop also captured our wedding logo perfectly, right on the cake. Since we got married on the Northshore, they were very familiar with our venue which made for a seamless drop-off too. Thank you, Topsfield Bakeshop!

2017-09-12T15:09:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We LOVE to hear from our brides! And we LOVE photos! Cheers!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Mike R

Topsfield Bake Shop not only provided us with a stunning and delicious cake but they were absolutely wonderful to work with! Incredibly responsive and creative - I would highly recommend them!

2017-09-12T15:10:26 Response from the vendor

So glad to hear you were happy with everything! Hope to see you for your future celebrations!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Alyssa D

Our cake turned out great! We got the carrot cake flavor which had a tropical twist, and we received many compliments on the flavor which is usually not universally liked. They designed the cake exactly how we wanted it, and it was perfect. The company is easy to work with and... Read More very accommodating to our style

2017-09-12T15:12:15 Response from the vendor

So glad to hear from you! thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We love pictures! Cheers!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Mack S

Topsfield Bakeshop was able to accommodate us within 2 weeks of our wedding at The Willowdale Estate. We are so thankful for that. Amazing cupcakes and whoopie pies!! We should have ordered more! Our guests ate them so fast...;)

2017-09-12T15:13:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We love to hear from our couples! We love to have photos so if you would like to share...Cheers!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Caroline H

Topsfield bake shop provided cupcakes and a small cake for our wedding and everything was delicious....the salted chocolate caramel cupcakes were gone in minutes! Topsfield was very easy to work with even with planning our wedding for a distance. I would definitely recommend d... Read More them!

2017-09-12T15:13:54 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Jennifer S

We used the Bakeshop for our wedding cupcakes as well as our mini whoppie pies favors. People could not get enough of them. I literally went over to talk to a friend at the wedding and she had started to eat the cupcake and the first thing she said was, "This is the most amazing... Read More cupcake I have ever had!" They delivered the one tier cake, the cupcakes, the stand and the whoopie pies, the boxes for the whoopie pies, etc. They are amazing!

2017-09-12T15:14:12 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Deedee P

We used the Bakeshop for our wedding this past September. We did a 3 tiered cake with red velvet and strawberry shortcake tiers.. the cake was not only DELICIOUS but so beautiful!! I had met with them a few weeks before to discuss what I wanted for the look and it was just... Read More perfect! We also used the Bakeshop/whoopie Wagon for our wedding favors - they were a HUGE HIT with guests! I ordered stickers for the whoopie pies and the bakeshop bagged and tied the pies individually. We did some traditional and some chocolate chip flavored. This was my first time ordering anything from the bakeshop and I will 100% go back anytime I need another dessert! Highly reccomend

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Alyssa H

My husband and I stopped by the Topsfield Bakeshop on our way to check out a wedding venue. We had never heard of it before, we just saw it on the drive and we love sweets, so we stopped by to try some! We didn't end up going with the venue we went to visit, but we absolutely... Read More went with the Topsfield Bakeshop. We chose not to do a big cake for our wedding. We wanted a small cake with a bunch of small pastries to accompany it. It came out beautiful. We also ordered whoopie pies (in all different flavors), cheesecake and cupcakes. Our guests LOVED them! I was so disappointed all the whoopie pies were gone by the time my husband and I got over to the pastry table! We should have ordered more ;) I highly recommend Mary and her crew at Topsfield Bakeshop-- if you get a chance, stop by and sample some pastries-- its well worth the trip!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Shauna R

Topsfield Bakeshop provided our wedding cake for our special day. They did such an amazing job on it and it came out exactly how we envisioned. We chose lemon raspberry (our absolute favorite) and cannoli as our cake flavors, and had our cake topped with fresh flowers from our... Read More florist. They were both so delicious; the cake was so light, flavorful, moist, and fresh. Guests could not stop going up for seconds on the cake, and are still raving about it. It is going to be extremely tough to not eat our top anniversary layer of our cake for a whole year! We will just have to visit the bakery and get some goodies before then… because their whoopee pies are also OUT OF THIS WORLD. Thank you so much!!! All our love, Shauna and Marcus Levin. 6.25.2016.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Karissa S

We ordered a naked 2-tiered wedding cake and mini whoopie pies for our wedding in May. The cake was absolutely amazing! The whoopie pies were the hit of the wedding! Working with Mary and Chris and their entire family was such a pleasure. We love the Topsfield Bakeshop and also... Read More used them for my bridal shower. They have become such a hit with our family and friends and we couldn't be happier for them! Whether using the Topsfield Bakeshop for wedding or shower needs or just stopping by on a Saturday morning for a coffee and a warmed muffin, this is the place to go! Thank you again for making everything perfect on our wedding day!

Reviewed on 2/26/2016 Kayla M

I got my cake here via the Topsfield commons. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and so delicious! They did two different flavors and both were so good. I received many compliments on how good the cake was! I will definitely go back to this bakery in the future!

Reviewed on 1/01/2016 Amanda B

Working with the Topsfield Bakeshop was an absolute pleasure! They not only baked our wedding cake and cupcakes, which were unbelievably delicious, but we also contracted them for the Whoopie Wagon as a way to hand out our whoopie pie favors to guests. It was such a big hit... Read More with a delicious product! I highly recommend both their customer service and their products!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Michelle M

The Topsfield Bakeshop was the only cake place we did a tasting with and after eating some of the most amazing cake and flavors I've ever tasted I knew they were the bakeshop for us! We did a chocolate salted caramel and tropical carrot cake and our guests loved both flavors!... Read More They were raving about it! And the cake was absolutely gorgeous! I brought in a picture of what I wanted and they delivered on exactly that! They even called me after hours to talk about some options with the cake which I thought was really above and beyond. I highly recommend the Topsfield Bakeshop!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

People are still raving about our cake. Our wedding was in August 2015 and we've already eaten the anniversary tier AND I ordered another in the other flavor the following month....it's also gone. I will be ordering another tier for every anniversary or special occasion. THE... Read More BEST! BTW I drive from Maine to pick these up. Amazing vendor!

Whoopie

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Desiree A

Can't brag enough about Mary and the Topsfield Bakeshop, I looked all over Boston who could deliver not just a delicious tres leches cake, but good looking as well, that's its when I heard of Topsfield bakeshop. The cake was so good that nothing was left, not even a crumb. we... Read More also had their delicious french macaroon yum yum

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 Kelly P

Our experience with the Topsfield Bakeshop was wonderful. We met with Mary several times to talk about our vision and cake flavors. The tasting was really fun, and when my parents joined in on the experience, the Topsfield Bakeshop team was very welcoming. The day of the wedding... Read More the cake was perfect! In line with our own vision and the Lemon raspberry and carrot cake flavors were a HIT! We look forward to visiting the Topsfield Bakeshop again for future events!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 5/19/2015 Sarah H

We chose to do cupcakes and a small cutting cake for our wedding. And our focus was on taste instead of a fancy design. We had a wonderful tasting at the bakery - because there was no room out front, we got to sit right in the kitchen! The staff answered all of our questions and... Read More offered suggestions. Once we booked, we had a follow up meeting with Mary to discuss specifics on flavor, design, layout. We chose three flavors for the cupcakes - all were fantastic! And our cannoli cake, though simple in design and topped with fresh flowers, fit perfectly with our day. And it still tasted good when we returned from our honeymoon a week and a half later! We will be returning there on our one-year anniversary (if not before) to get more cupcakes!!