Stunning Flowers for Your Best Day Ever!

Welcome to Tourterelle Floral Design in Charlottesville, Virginia If you are planning the wedding of a lifetime you have found Tourterelle. We specialize in floral design for weddings and events. Our attention to you, our customer, is the key to our success along with our accomplished design team. We invite you to experience and enjoy Tourterelle. We look forward to working with you and bringing you beauty on Your Wedding Day. We are very proud to be listed as a Preferred Floral Vendor to many of Charlottesville and Central Virginia’s exclusive Wedding Venues. To name a few, we are listed at Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello and Montalto, Pippin Hill Farm, Clifton Inn, Keswick Hall, Farmington Country Club and The Boars Head Inn.

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Alternatives, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

2216 Ivy Road, Charlottesville, VA (434) 973-1211

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Kelly S

We are so happy to have worked with Tourterelle Floral Design for our wedding. Lucia understood our vision of our wedding style, and ensured that our arrangements were fresh, stylish and practical. Our wedding was held on a hot afternoon in July, and our flowers looked gorgeous... Read More all afternoon. The team was prompt, professional, and met all our expectations in terms of delivery, setup, and cleanup. They took excellent care of the family heirlooms that we integrated into our floral design. I am so very grateful for Lucia and her team with Tourterelle Floral Design, and would absolutely recommend them to all other couples.

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Amy N

Words cannot express how grateful I am to Lucia, Gregory, and their incredible team at Tourterelle. They are simply the most talented people I have ever met. They were such a joy to work with from the moment I stepped into their shop until our wedding day. They were always... Read More extremely accommodating and so easy to reach! My mouth dropped open when I saw the beautiful flower arrangements for the first time. I was in awe at how perfect everything looked. I wanted a romantic, elegant feel for my fall vineyard wedding, and they nailed it 100%! The arrangements were so grand and absolutely breathtaking! I felt like I was in a fairytale. I could not have asked for anything more, it was just so perfect. I HIGHLY recommend Tourterelle!!!

Reviewed on 2/04/2018 M G

We loved working with Tourterelle and were so grateful to have worked with! They did such an amazing job and made our vision come to life for our wedding in Charlottesville. We were blown away! The team was incredible to work with, brought great ideas to the table, and did such... Read More a great job executing everything on our wedding day. We were so grateful to work with them and we can't say enough good things about them!!!

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Boodie M

Lucia and Gregory from Tourterelle just helped us with a wedding at the Homestead in Hot Springs, VA. They did an amazing job transforming the wedding ceremony site and the dinner/reception ballrooms. The flowers were elegant and beautiful- they were just great to work with!... Read More Highly, highly recommend them- thank you Tourterelle!! Boodie McGurn

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Rachel B

I had SO many problems with Tourterelle; they were the only vendor that I was really unhappy with. They did not listen well, were not transparent, and nickel-and-dimed us (despite a >$8k floral budget). I really do not recommend them. To give detail: -I wanted to re-use the... Read More bouquets to save money, and the amount we were quoted for candles + greenery was not only more than the initial price quoted getting full arrangements on those tables, but also more than if I ordered the candle holders and candles I wanted online. -I sent Lucia the cake I wanted a month before our wedding, which needed flowers, but told her I wanted all white flowers. She ignored this and the flowers in our cake were a combination of white and pink. -I spend a lot of time discussing a hanging installation with Lucia. She quoted me a price for the installation. I then tried to discuss with her if there was any way to reduce the price, for example, by putting the flowers only around the perimeter of the installation rather than throughout. She told me there was no way to reduce the price; however, on the day of, the flowers were only on the perimeter, which she hadn't mentioned. -We finalized my bouquet about 2-3 months prior to the wedding at our tasting, and the week before the wedding, Lucia called me to inform me that the price she quoted was not enough and asked for more money, which, of course, we agreed to since the wedding was so soon. -Lucia emailed me the day before the wedding (literally while we were at our rehearsal) informing me that my baker had taken additional flowers, so she wanted to charge an additional $150. -Despite a comment in my contract that I do not like green hydrangeas, they were in all table arrangements. -The bouquets didn't look super fresh; there was some browning on the tips of a lot of the florals. -The initial entryway arrangement had pink florals in it (despite, again, our discussion that the flowers be all white), and planner had to coordinate their removal the hour before the ceremony. Basically, from beginning to end they really disappointed, and I would not recommend using them.

2017-11-30T11:55:26 Response from the vendor

We are so proud to announce that this wedding is featured in today's (1/8/18) front page of Style Me Pretty. http://www.stylemepretty.com ENJOY! Rachel's wedding was on August 5th 2017. Please see the e-mail attached below that I wrote to Rachel on September 6th. I am... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Arielle F

Gregory and lucia you were absolutely the best. The flowers were top notch gorgeous. My daughters bouquet was stunning. All the guests were asking about the flowers. Look no further they are the best.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Vicky B

Tourterelle did the flowers for our rehearsal dinner and for our wedding day - they were absolutely beautiful! Lucia and her team are so nice and were great to work with. We loved seeing them bring our vision to life. They helped in making our wedding weekend so special. Very... Read More talented and highly recommended!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Sara C

I am very happy I chose Tourterelle for my wedding. We hail from out of town, and they were flexible by first doing a phone consultation followed by a weekend meeting in person. They provided timely, thorough responses to all my inquiries in the months leading up to the... Read More wedding. Lucia took great care to ensure she understood my vision, but made the process easy by providing flower and arrangement suggestions to suit that vision. The arch was absolutely stunning, and the bouquets, centerpieces, and other arrangements all fit a common theme, yet each piece had a different flair, making everything seem more natural.

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Marijean J

We were so delighted to work with the team at Tourterelle for our wedding. They acted as a true partner in this event as Gregory advised my husband in the selection and growing of the flowers in our home garden, which Tourterelle then harvested and arranged for a truly... Read More spectacular, personal, and romantic floral complement to our special day. Thank you to the best ever floral designers in Virginia.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Marilyn S

Lucia, Greg and the entire team at Tourterelle have stolen my heart! From my very first meeting with them I knew it was going to be a great fit as they were finishing my sentences as I was describing my vision - they just got it! They were also open to creative solutions while... Read More working within our budget. Communication during planning was wonderful and the product that was designed and delivered for our wedding was insanely gorgeous. Their design aesthetic works this whole ethereal, dreamy and chic vibe that just makes you swoon every time you flip through photos. Thank you again for all of your help to make our wedding day so special! I look forward to working with you on other events and personal occasions to come!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Katie H

Tourterelle did a fantastic job with the floral arrangements for my Ceremony and Reception. They handled everything, including transportation from one spot to another for some of the arrangements (since my Ceremony and Reception were at different locations). Lucia was great!... Read More She is very professional and has a lot of creativity/vision in terms of floral design. My mom and I are not very creative, so we had Lucia help think up some of the floral designs, and they could not have turned out more perfectly. Almost equally as important, Tourterelle worked within our budget. We checked out a few other florists that were much more expensive for the same amount of flowers, so I'm really glad that I went with Tourterelle. If you're getting married in the Charlottesville area, I would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Eliza v

Touterelle were extremely personable and thoughtful. I really appreciated when I first met with them that all 3 contributors/owners were there. I also felt like they worked with my budget and found ways to cut costs when able. The only reason I gave them a 4/5 was that they... Read More didn't deliver on 3 things that were outlined in our plan. 1. I asked for a cascading bouquet and to not see the stems of my bouquet or my bridesmaids. They ended up giving us the quintessential long-stemmed bouquets that were not cascading. 2. We had agreed that they would reuse the bridesmaids bouquets for the cocktail hour and they failed to deliver. 3. We were also suppose to repurpose flowers from the ceremony and they never moved them. Unsure how items were lost in translation but I would just make sure that the people who are actually putting together your event know exactly what they were supposed to do. Other than that, their vision/quality/price were superb. Would definitely recommend over the other florists that I interviewed in the area!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Elizabeth S

Lucia and her team are stellar! Not only did they help bring to life my floral vision for my wedding, but they created so much more than I could have ever dreamed of! They are so detail oriented and responsive to every question I had along the way. They created a super detailed... Read More outline of the floral details when we first met and worked very hard to tweak these details throughout the year long planning process. The day of was an absolute dream and I've received so many compliments on the flowers. They are pricey (what wedding florists aren't though), but so so so worth it. I highly recommend tourterelle!!!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Alexis P

Our wedding flowers were absolutely amazing! The photographer even commented that they were some of the prettiest flowers that she had seen! They went above and beyond and gave us exactly what we wanted, succulents and all! Beautiful flowers and great staff!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

I cannot thank the Tourterelle team enough for the most magical wedding experience I could have ever imagined. Every element of the event design and floral design was flawless and gorgeous beyond compare. They are a dream to work with and I could not be more thrilled with every... Read More element of the wedding weekend. Thank you, thank you!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

From my first meeting with Lucia, I knew I had made the right decision booking Tourterelle Floral Design for my daughter's March 12, 2016 wedding at Pippin Hill . Lucia is so polite and calm, as is the rest of her team. She even gave us a wonderful recommendation for the... Read More wedding cake. We were coming from out of town and I knew we were in excellent hands. The flowers were absolutely breathtaking. Words can hardly do them justice. I would not hesitate to hire Lucia and her team at Tourterelle again. Absolutely a wonderful experience all around!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Makenzie B

Tourterelle did a beautiful job with the flowers for my springtime wedding. I had a general idea of what I wanted for table centerpieces, but they were able to take that idea and create the rest of the arrangements. My only critique was that they did not allow enough time for... Read More setup and therefore did not have time to perfect the arrangements once they were on the tables. However, I would still highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 McKenna F

Tourterelle was great to work with! We planned our wedding on fairly short notice and from out of state, but Tourterelle made everything easy. They had some great ideas that helped make our ceremony and reception venues really shine. The floral arrangements were absolutely... Read More stunning - I loved my bouquet!

A beautiful job!

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Mary Boyce H

I cannot say enough great things about Tourterelle. They do such beautiful work! They understood what I was looking for and offered great suggestions. I trusted them and asked them to take what I had said and make it beautiful. And of course they did, above and beyond what I... Read More could have come up with. I continue to be so delighted with our florals. I will continue to use Tourterelle for all future events, and highly recommend all brides consider Lucia and Gregory!

Our Flowers Were Perfection!

Reviewed on 3/12/2015 Abbey E

Lucia and Greg are a floral dream team! My Husband and I absolutely loved working with them. Tourterelle made what could have been a very overwhelming process, very simple. They took our unclear ideas and turned them into stunning works of art! They are both great listeners and... Read More were able to incorporate orchids, my favorite flower, throughout our wedding and they held firm to our small budget. My wedding bouquet was breathtaking, modern, elegant and more than I ever dreamed possible. I wish I could work with Lucia and Greg everyday! We are so grateful for their beautiful work!

Lucia Evans-Morse & Gregory Britt

Since its inception in early 2013, Tourterelle Floral Design has become the leading wedding florist for Charlottesville brides and event planners. Owners, Lucia Evans-Morse and Gregory Britt collectively have 60 years of experience in the wedding and event industries. Together they have formed a partnership that enables them to create enchanting floral artistry and unforgettable celebrations. This partnership brings together two incredible designers, each bringing their unique talents to your table.