Traditions Catering & Events

Hampton Roads area primarily Virginia Beach & Chesapeake

More than a Catering Company

Traditions strives to make everyone's event as unique as they are, and realize this is your Wedding, not ours. We help take the stress out of the process, and work with our clients to create an amazing and memorable experience to share with family and friends. We are experienced in catering Wedding events, and all of our locations can accommodate both ceremony and reception. Traditions provides full-service catering at our (2) golf course venue locations in Hampton Roads Virginia; Chesapeake Golf Club in Chesapeake and West Neck Village Hall in Virginia Beach. We also provide a full-service off-premise catering experience to you at your chosen location, and to several local area venues as preferred caterers.

Cuisine

African, Cajun, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Greek, Italian, Latin American, Mexican, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

1201 Club House Drive, Chesapeake, VA Hampton Roads area primarily Virginia Beach & Chesapeake (757) 550-3582
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 shikena g

Awesome venue! Exceptional customer service! The food was superb especially the seafood lasagna! My guest keep telling me how beautiful our wedding was & how great the food taste. I would recommend this venue to any bride and groom!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Madison O

Best catering company in Virginia beach !

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Michael C

I loved working with Nicole! This I the best company! They worked within our budget and didn't short change us. The food was amazing. Our guest said the venue and everything surrounding was amazing. They are amazing!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Caitlin D

Words cannot express how much the traditions team means to me. They worked so well with all my vwndures and made the day so easy. Their service was impeccable. Zanny and Kiersten were phenomenal to work with. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Margaret C

Working with Zanny was so seamless and easy! We spent more time laughing together during our meetings than being stressed about making the details come together. The whole day was perfect and everyone complimented our food and venue.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017

We used Traditions Catering and Cypress Point Country Club for our daughter's wedding. Everything was perfect beyond our expectations. Kiersten and Zanny were fabulous to work with and both bent over backwards to make our daughter's wedding reception perfect. All of our guests... Read More raved at the food, the service and the venue - stating it was one of the best weddings they had ever attended. Thanks for everything! Mark and Lera Jones

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Tiffany H

My now husband and I had such a wonderful wedding experience with traditions! I would recommend them to anyone who wants to have a beautiful wedding day! Our guests raved about the food and the service! Thank you so much for giving us the most amazing wedding day!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Jessica D

Traditions brought a great meal to our wedding. Kathi made wedding planning a breeze by handling most all of our contact by email, answering any questions I had promptly and updating my contract anytime I made a payment or made changes,that way I always had the most updated... Read More information at my fingertips. Traditions even rolled our silverware in the colored napkins I rented and returned them to the rental store after our wedding was complete. Job Well Done.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Grace S

I truly can't say thank you enough to Rev and the traditions team! You guys made everything so easy and stress free! Food was fantastic and reasonably priced! No one had one bad thing to say about the food and bar! Also order the lumpia and get a lot of it it was a hit!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Sheree S

Everyone at Traditions was pleasant to work with and very knowledgeable in their fields. Nicole was super helpful in nailing down the small details that my fiancé and I wanted in our wedding ceremony and reception. We were looking for a place to have a wedding ceremony AND... Read More reception, where the food was good and the cost was reasonable. Traditions was the perfect spot for that. They were very flexible in working with us and paying as we went along. Nicole was very responsive via telephone and e-mail if we had any question. The facility is beautiful and well-maintained, I was glad there was a large space where we could get ready on-site. The food was DELICIOUS! (Thanks Rev and his team), people are still raving about the dinner they had at our reception. Thanks for making our wedding the best it could be, I will make sure to recommend anyone who asks right over to you!

2016-10-08T13:59:18 Response from the vendor

Sheree and Phillip, it was a pleasure working with you as well, and was our pleasure to serve you and your guest on your special day! Thanks so much for your kind review!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Juana L

My husband and I chose Cypress Point Country Club as our wedding venue. During our wedding planning process, management changed and Traditions acquired it as one of their properties. As a bride, I was super nervous that the change would disrupt wedding planning and cause a... Read More headache. But, I'm happy to report that it was the exact opposite of that! Zanny Brickner was my coordinator and she helped my husband and I plan the PERFECT day. She is extremely detailed oriented and brought up items I hadn't even thought to plan for. The food was excellent and our guests raved about each item we chose for our buffet. The ceremony and reception space is beautifully kept. The staff goes out of their way to help the bride and groom enjoy their day. We're so happy we chose Cypress Point/Traditions for our special day.

Perfect location for a memorable day!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Amy P

We could not have asked for a better venue or group of people to help make our wedding memorable. The course and country club were beautiful. Anne, the events coordinator, was readily available to answer any questions. We appreciated that Cypress Point provided excellent... Read More bartenders and waitstaff. The ballroom and accessory rooms were spacious, clean, and had updated/classic decor. Cypress Point also has a good size room for bridal party prep, and an area for the guys also. I will be keeping cypress point in mind for future events!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Sarah D

My husband and I can't say enough amazing things about Anne and the entire staff at Cypress Point Country Club. They truly love what they do and helped make our wedding day vision a reality. We have gotten so many compliments from our guests on how perfect everything looked and... Read More how smoothly the whole day went. Anne Goessling, the event coordinator, is FANTASTIC! She serves as the day of planner and mistress of ceremony. We loved her! She was very available throughout the entire planning process through email, phone, and in person meetings. She also helped us with recommending other vendors during our planning process. She worked with our florist to make sure the whole reception was decorated. The venue is beautiful during any time of year too. We used Cypress Point for our ceremony and reception. We got married outside the club house on the golf course and it was gorgeous in October. Once our ceremony was over we took pictures and the staff made sure we all got drinks while we took all our photos. The staff also got my husband and I dinner first so that we could eat before all our guests. We were so happy about this because we had been worried after hearing from friends that the bride and groom never have time to eat. Anne and her staff checked in with us throughout the whole reception to make sure that we had a drink and asked if we needed food too. Everything was beautiful and the staff are amazing at what they do. We highly recommend Cypress Point Country Club to any couple looking to get married in the 757 area. You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Tori G

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Traditions this week and I have to say, we couldn't have picked a better place to get married. Rev and his team made sure our venue and catering goals were met at great prices. The place is beautiful and the staff were so nice and... Read More helpful to our guests. We have been getting so many compliments this week on how beautiful our wedding was. Thank you Traditions for giving us a perfect wedding!

Great Location!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Carly H

Cypress Point was the perfect location for our wedding. I wanted an indoor location since we were getting married in May, I did not want weather to be an issue, but my Husband really wanted outdoor. Cypress was the best of both worlds with a beautiful interior spacious enough to... Read More hold all of our guests, as well as a magnificent, brick deck over looking the golf course. There was a small miscommunication toward the end involving set up for the reception but it was handled and settled very quickly and efficiently. The staff was very courteous and took fabulous care of myself, my Husband and my guests during the reception. The food was excellent, the drinks were amazing, and they more than accommodated my want to not have a sit down dinner.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Amanda S

Event coordinator is amazing and venue is beautiful and simple and easy to decorate. Food was deliciouuuuuuus

Yummy in My Tummy!

Reviewed on 4/25/2015 Cicely D

My friends got married at the Chesapeake Golf Club in October. Traditions Grill catered their reception and needless to say, the food was AWESOME! The portions were plentiful. I enjoyed myself so much that I am taking my mother there for their upcoming Mothers' Day Brunch!

Venue

Reviewed on 2/12/2015 Nicole J

Cypress Point Country Club did a great job making my wedding day a day to remember! The venue itself is beautiful with plenty of space and a fireplace! Anne is the coordinator for the club and made my life easier by helping me keep everything in order! I would highly recommend... Read More this venue to anyone looking for a place to house a smaller wedding guest list (i.e. 100)

Ceremony Hall

Reviewed on 4/19/2014 Sara B

I am actually on the fence as how I should rate them. First they did an amazing job on our wedding day making sure everything was set and ready. They have a beautiful golf course as well as there building. However, the day before for our rehearsal dinner they didn't have... Read More anything but the dinner ready. They didn't even have the area where we were getting married ready. The woman who we had worked with in the past was out on leave and some didn't communicate anything. So me being so stressed as it was started crying because nothing was set and ready. I have never been married before and we had a large group for our bridal party, so we needed to make sure we rehearsed! Needless to say they got their stuff together and fixed it but I was not happy with the money we paid they didn't have anything ready.

Love it

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 elizabeth h

Beautiful place for any event, great food, great service. We had no issues at all here. Our coordinator Erin was fantastic, she had all the answers before we had even figured out the questions. Great value, the price was perfect for our fairly small budget for a guest list of... Read More about 75 people. The golf course view is amazing too. Check it out!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Amanda N

Rev and Will were absolutely amazing for my wedding! The venue was exactly what I was looking for and the food was DELICIOUS!! I couldn't have asked for something better!!

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 8/14/2012 Amy A

The event coordinator was WONDERFUL and extremely accommodating!! The prices are incredibly reasonable, and child-friendly ($2.95/plate). My only complaint is that the bar tender unexpectedly served some top-shelf liquors even though my parents (the hosts) had requested only... Read More well liquors, so that boosted the bill a bit. However, considering how great the prices were for everything else, it's still probably the cheapest (nice) place around.

Amazing Experience!

Reviewed on 6/22/2012 Christina W

Rev at Traditions (part of the Chesapeake Golf Club) went above and beyond our expectations for our wedding and was able to do so within our limited budget. He answered all questions we had, providing details and feedback in a timely manner. He even was able to accommodate our... Read More requests for sparklers and a mashed potato bar. Our event was staffed by professional and friendly waitstaff and the food was DELICIOUS! The linens were included in our package and there was no charge for cake-cutting. It was a perfect experience--I would recommend Rev and Traditions to everyone planning a wedding or event.