Hair Stylists, Makeup, Makeup Artists, Nails, Waxing, Spas, Beauty

222 Elmira Rd, Ithaca, NY (607) 277-3943

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Rachel C

My wedding would not have been nearly as perfect as it was without Lisa, Robby, and Madison. What an exceptional crew of professionals. From the trial run to day-of, the entire staff at Transformations were fun, respectful, and exceptionally knowledgeable. They listened when I... Read More had ideas and were ready to fill in the blanks when I relied on their expertise. On day-of, my bridesmaids and I had a fantastic time - and were even out ahead of schedule, early enough to enjoy a relaxing lunch before we had to return to the venue. Most importantly, we all looked amazing, and the hair and makeup stayed amazing all night through an 80* outdoor ceremony and hours of dancing. The five of us all have different hair and skin types, and Lisa and Robby had no trouble tailoring their approach to make each of us look our best. My only regret is that I no longer live in the area and so cannot visit this amazing salon more often. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Absolute Disaster

Reviewed on 7/26/2013 Katie R

Absolutely do not book this place for something as important and time-sensitive as a wedding. We had two blocks of appointments with them--one for my mother, sister, and aunt the day before the wedding for nails and hair cuts, another for the mothers, grandmothers, and aunts of... Read More the bride the day of the wedding for hair and make-up--that we booked months in advance. The day of the first appointments, they were so backed up they refused to do my sister hair, saying she "had too much hair," and only one of the two nail appointments got done, as they were over an hour late and my family would have missed the rehearsal. When we double-checked the appointments for the next day (the wedding day!) to ensure the same thing wouldn't happen, the appointments were made later than I had been promised, and I was informed that there was another wedding that morning that was taking priority. When I protested, saying I had made this block of wedding appointments months before, the manager smugly said that wedding had been booked first. When I asked why I had been told that time was available in the first place she said, "well why would we want to turn down business?" In other words, she openly admitted to lying to me and promising services they couldn't give for the money. The night before my wedding I had to find a new place for hair and makeup for all of these people. To top it off--we paid for our mothers' make-up in advance as a gift, and to this day they continue to refuse to refund our money.