Best Wedding Band in Charleston!

This 4-7 piece band is comprised of saxophone, piano/organ, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, drums and multiple vocalists. We can add trumpet and trombone upon request. We carry state of the art audio and light production and pride ourselves on professionalism. We will emcee your event as well as DJ the band breaks. We also provide a wireless microphone for your use. Our forte’ is performing an upbeat, entertaining show playing a variety of styles including Today’s Music, Motown, Classic Rock, Country, Beach and everything in between to keep everyone involved and the dance floor packed! We would love to pack your dance floor!

Instruments

Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Vocals

Country, Dance, Folk, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

PO Box 242 , Isle of Palms, SC Serving Charleston, SC and beyond~ (843) 367-7290

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Julia K

It has been a week since we got married and our guests keep contacting us and raving about this band! Travis Allison made our wedding reception phenomenal. Everyone was on the dance floor the entire night and Travis Allison made our day a true celebration. Even leading up to the... Read More wedding, Travis made the process so smooth and easy. He took requests, got to know us, and really cared about us as a couple. They went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. For those getting married, I sincerely and whole-heartedly highly recommend the Travis Allison Band because without them, my wedding day wouldn't be the fairytale it was.

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Rachel L

STOP LOOKING FOR BANDS AND BOOK TAB! Travis was a pleasure to work with from the beginning, responsive, and completely accommodating! My husband and I, along with all of our guests danced and sang the night away! With very little direction, the set list was absolutely spot on.... Read More So many rave reviews from guests that this is the best wedding band they'd ever heard. Cannot sing enough praises! Thank you for making our reception such an awesome party!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

This is hands down the best band you could possibly book for your wedding. Travis and Co. were so easy to work with and they even made it to our venue during the historic Charleston flooding and Hurricane Joaquin in early October of 2015 - and performed all night as if nothing... Read More was going on. Our whole reception was on the dance floor the whole night. Being the groom, I lost count of how many guests came up to me to compliment the band and their set list. The dude has got a hell of a voice. For what could have made for a very uneasy event, The Travis Allison Band made our guests forget about the weather and it truly turned into one of the most memorable weddings our guests will ever experience. Owe so much to them and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect night. Thanks again Travis!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Marissa B

It's easy to do one of these and just click all fives for convenience.. If 10s were options that's what my husband and I would give this outrageously talented, fun, and professional band! They truly made our wedding a night to remember! Wish we could do it all over again just to... Read More be able to dance to these awesome guys one more time! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Ben N

I'm so glad we chose The Travis Allison Band for our wedding. Easy going, yet full of energy, they kept our guests dancing all night. They played from the start of our ceremony through our reception and did an amazing job no matter what style of music.

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Hannah V

This band preformed at my daughter's wedding and kept the guests dancing all night. The quality of their music was excellent with an extensive playlist. Travis made the booking simple and offered solutions to the outdoor venue setting. Travis is a natural as an MC. We feel we... Read More got more than we paid for as they are truly professionals.

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 Kelley B

We took a little leap of faith with booking Travis Allison Band without even hearing them live in person --- and we are so grateful we did. Travis Alison Band simply made the wedding. We got married two weeks ago, and everyone is still reaching out to us with comments regarding... Read More how awesome the band was. They had the whole wedding on the dance floor having the time of their lives -- even at the end, everyone was chanting "one more song" no one wanted them to stop!!! To top it all off, Travis was a pleasure to work with and make all aspects seamless and as enjoyable as wedding planning can be!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 kellen y

Travis Allison Band absolutely rocked our faces off at our wedding in Conway last weekend! They brought lots of energy and sounded amazing. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how good they were. Travis was great to work with and very accommodating throughout the whole... Read More planning process. He has a great list of songs. And his price was so reasonable, I couldn't believe it. I highly recommend if this is a wedding you want your guests to have lots of fun.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Tracy G

Travis and his band were AWESOME! I booked them for my in-laws 40th wedding anniversary party in Darlington, SC. Travis was always quick to respond to any of my emails or text. The band was on time, extremely polite and friendly, and all our guest enjoyed them. They made the... Read More night SO enjoyable. They have a HUGE song selection which fit all age groups that were at the party. I would definitely hire them again.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Ashley C

I can't thank these guys enough for a fantastic job at our wedding. Travis and the band were upbeat, the guests had a phenomenal time, and - as a musician, I can attest - these guys are GOOD. Travis was also patient and organized in the planning process, so the whole thing was... Read More pretty smooth. Well played, guys!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016

Travis and the band took a great wedding and pushed it over the top. These musicians are consummate professionals who play a variety of styles. They were flexible with requests but otherwise stayed true to the set list discussed. I would not hesitate to recommend them to... Read More anyone even considering live music, and would encourage anyone thinking about a DJ to reconsider. As the father of the bride I can say this was one bill I didn't mind.

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Erin K

Travis was fabulous! He was with me every step of the way, and so tolerant of me! He knew how to put me at ease and was just fabulous to work with. All of the wedding guests are raving about him and the band!! I cannot say enough good things about the TAB. The best choice my... Read More husband and I made!

Reviewed on 3/25/2016 Carmen K

Wow, the best ever doesn't begin to describe how amazing Travis Allison & Co were. They played beautiful acoustic songs at our ceremony, really bringing the ceremony together. BUT for the reception they brought the house down with all of our favorites - even taking the time to... Read More learn our first dance song to play live. Every song was great and the selection of music was immense!! They were a dream come true for our venue and wedding planner who often deal with people who can't maintain the required decibel for the neighbors - but not Travis - he was super professional and able to keep it rocking without upsetting the neighbors. Huge plus in my book.

Reviewed on 3/17/2016 Courtney B

We got married a few weeks ago in Charleston, SC, and the Travis Allison Band made our reception incredible! He is so easy to work with, and really helped make our day more special. We couldn't have asked for a better band to play at our wedding- Highly recommend them for any... Read More wedding or social event! Thanks Travis Allison Band! :)

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 Anna B

Travis and his band are AMAZING! They are very easy to contact and always respond to emails promptly. They are so personable and are always happy to answer any questions you may have. Their song list is fabulous and they were so much fun at the wedding! They really got the crowd... Read More up and dancing and we have had so many complements on how fun the reception was! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Kathryn H

I can't give anything other than 5 stars for Travis and his band. They were fantastic with us from the first time we got in touch with them right on through our reception and afterwards. We had a destination wedding in Hilton Head (we're from the DC area) and had to rely on... Read More reviews, set lists, and video clips to get a sense of what band we were looking for. I found Travis through WeddingWire and got in touch with him about a year before our wedding. On a planning trip down to our venue we met up with Travis in Mt Pleasant and talked about what he can do over a beer. He was a fantastic guy, clearly very knowledgeable about music (he has a vote on the GRAMMY committee!) and very down to earth. His set lists and ideas matched up with what we were looking for, and combined with the videos I decided to trust my gut and go with Travis. It turned out to be a great decision. Travis was willing to learn new songs for us, which was fantastic as we wanted a song for our first dance that was not in his repertoire. He not only learned the song perfectly, he even sent us clips from his rehearsals so that we could use his timing to learn our dance! Obviously the most important aspect of the band is their day-of performance. They totally rocked. Everyone was massively complimentary of our music and their selection, and the dance floor was packed the whole time. Even the catering staff was dancing! Travis was also very flexible during the reception - it was my best man's anniversary and I asked Travis to play his first dance song, which they loved. Travis was able to take requests - there were many - and did a great job juggling them and fulfilling as best he could. Another highlight was that Travis asked if we had anyone at the party who wanted to join in to sing lead on any songs - and my friend Jamie (a musician in her own right) was able to sing on four or five numbers! It was very special for us and wonderful that Travis was so accommodating. Travis's band (the Travis Allison Duo) also performed our ceremony music. I can't say I paid much attention to that (I was getting married after all!) but I heard reviews from guests that the music was perfect. tl;dr - Book Travis.

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

Travis and his band are the best ever. They are versatile, professional, they take the time to interact with the couple, the group, and customize special selections, etc. We found them to be fantastic under very special conditions of weather, and they delivered. We have no... Read More reservations WHATSOEVER with recommending the Travis Allison Band, they truly made a difference in our daughters wedding and we are grateful.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Lacy B

A band is just a band until you meet Travis. Travis and his band rocked it!!! I live in Washington, DC and my now husband and I knew the three parts to a successful wedding are Booze, Band and Food! So I set out to find a Charleston band sight unseen for our wedding. I found... Read More Travis Allison band on wedding wire and checked out videos on Youtube. I was impressed, but you always wonder was that the one video of a wedding where people liked the band? From the moment I worked with Travis it was as easy as a southern apple pie. He always promptly replied to my emails and questions. They played for our ceremony and the wedding. OUTSTANDING!!! The crowd never stopped dancing and I have received many compliments from my guests at the wedding on how much they loved the band. Money well spent, Do not hesitate to hire Travis Allison Band.

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

Travis and his band are amazing. They made the night and everyone noted how good they were. They played a perfect mix of songs and were super easy to deal with while planning. If you are thinking about it, you must book Travis for your wedding.

Reviewed on 5/11/2015

My now wife (wow that's still weird to write out), is a musician and wanted "a real band" for our wedding as opposed to some cheesy "wedding band." We looked for a really long time because from all the weddings we've been to (and there have been so, so many) the band dictates... Read More the fun of the wedding (followed by libations, food, and decorations and in that order wedding planning couples!). Finally we hit upon the Travis Allison Band. We were exhausted from doing other wedding planning activities (wedding planning couples-- hang in there it'll all be worth it soon!), but he told us he was playing a solo show (because he's a real musician) and we should stop by. We met Mr. Allison as he was setting up, and he was super personable and professional. Then after playing 2-3 songs (my now wife and I had huge grins on our faces the entire time), my (now) mother-in-law starts asking for requests ("you need to know if he can do the kind of music you want"): motown, classic rock, etc, and he's just knocking them out of the park. We booked him on the spot. Mr. Allison was a joy to work with, and we were spoiled for choice with their massive song list. A month before the wedding, Mr. Allison came out to the site to make sure everything would be good (again the man is a professional), and offered very helpful suggestions to improve to experience of the guest (wedding planing couples--your guests will remember more of the reception than you will, so make sure they have a good time). When the day of the wedding came, the band showed up early and got everything set up super quick. They couldn't have been more fantastic. I can't say enough about how great they were or how many people said it was the best wedding they've been to (a couple even asked for the song list for their own weddings, which Mr. Allison provided--who does that?). I'd like to think it was the wedding couple, but let's be honest, it was because of the Travis Allison Band, a real band. Thank you so much!

New Year's Eve Charleston Wedding

Reviewed on 1/11/2015

Travis and his band made our NYE wedding and absolute blast!!!! Everyone could not stop talking about how fun and interactive they were with the crowd. They were so flexible, Travis even let my brother get on stage and sing one of our favorite songs. The whole process... Read More from start to finish working with Travis was wonderful. He always answered my phone calls/emails. If you are looking for an awesome band in Charleston stop looking! This is the best band in the area! THANK YOU TRAVIS for making our Wedding Day extra special!

BEST WEDDING BAND

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Christy W

Our wedding was a destination wedding in Charleston and we had no experience with TAB but had researched and found positive reviews. We were so glad we took the leap of faith. TAB was fantastic. They were easy to work with before the wedding and played exactly what we... Read More wanted. They even helped my Maid of Honor with last minute audio requests for her speech. The playlist was phenomenal and the vocals outstanding. We received so many compliments from our guests and many of them participate in bands of their own

TAB is AWESOME!

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Erin T

I am so glad I picked Travis Allison Band for our wedding day. Prior to the wedding Travis was really good at communication, which is a big deal for a bride without a wedding planner! On the wedding day they were perfect. They kept the dance floor going all night and Travis... Read More even learned and performed our first dance song. I can not recommend them highly enough.

Travis Allison Band is awesome!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Katie M

Travis Allison Band is so great!! We used them for our wedding this past Sep. They were so fun and had the crowd dancing all night. We have heard many comments about how great the band was. People always say the band can make or break a reception, and they definitely made it... Read More for us! Thank you, Travis!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 6/15/2014 Alex L

This band was amazing! They kept the guests entertained and on the dance floor! They kept the party going!

Travis Allison

Travis is an award winning songwriter, vocalist, pianist and guitarist from Charleston, SC. He holds a B.A. in Music from the University of Richmond where he was awarded the Roy Jesson Award in music. He also attended the SC Governor’s School for the Arts and the Fine Arts Center of Greenville, SC. Travis’ fifth original album Migrant Heart features guests Edwin McCain and Sadler Vaden (Jason Isbell) and “Some Years Ago” placed first place overall in the national V.O.C.A.L. Song Competition. He and his band enjoy performing roughly 30 weddings per year and love what they do!