TRU Identity Photography+Designs

Based in Dallas Fort Worth and available Worldwide!

Inspired by YOU.

A fresh and fun wedding photography business with a blend of fine art and photojournalistic style based out of Dallas-Fort Worth & Austin and available world-wide! Browse our website, blog, Instagram and Facebook for the latest with TRU Identity Photography+Designs!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

Based in Dallas Fort Worth and available Worldwide! (817) 874-3262
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Colleen D

Heather is beyond amazing!From our first consult to the very end, she was dedicated to making my husband and I feel important and bringing so much beauty and life to our photos. She is incredibly sweet, organized and beyond skilled. Her attention to detail was incredible. My... Read More family and friend continue to rave about our wedding photos/Bridals. There was not 1 single precious moment that was missed on our wedding day. Hiring Heather was the best decision my husband and I made! We now get to spend the rest of our lives reminiscing and enjoying our amazing photos, all thanks to Heather. We couldn't be happier! Definitely would highly recommend to anyone looking for an incredible photographer!!!! Thank you Heather!! Colleen & Michael Dolan

2017-11-01T23:03:14 Response from the vendor

Wow... I came back from traveling for a wedding and received your wonderful review!! :) Thank you so much for all the kind words! I had such a great time working with you both!! Thanks again for choosing me to capture such special moments...I only... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Katherine C

Heather is AMAZING! She did my sisters wedding last year and just did mine a few weeks back. She is very friendly, kind and knowledgeable. The day of she showed up early and went straight to work! She had a lot to work with since my venue was all outdoors in the middle of... Read More nowhere- the heat, bugs, lots of walking, finding good places for photos- and she did it all in a very professional manner. She even made time for the crazy photos I wanted which I hear is rare. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

2016-11-14T19:03:35 Response from the vendor

Awe, thanks Katherine!! Your wedding was BEAUTIFUL, can we do it again?!! I absolutely love working with you and Corey, and of course your families, too!! :) It's so special to me when I am able to work with family/friends of past clients, I feel... Read Less Read More

You're an idiot if you don't hire TRU Identity!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Stephanie C

Heather from TRU Identity was a god-send for our wedding! She was a referral from a friend, and the easiest vendor decision we made. Heather is so great to work with, makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera, and works to make it YOUR look and style. She was so... Read More flexible on finding a date for our engagements and bridal portraits, and on the day of she went above and beyond capturing all the right moments. She's wonderful with parents that can be a bit overbearing and wedding guests that just don't get it. Also her assistant was very bit as capable and professional (sometimes that isn't the case) and made it feel like Heather could be in two places at once! We will definitely be hiring TRU for any future portrait/event sessions (she'll definitely be shooting all 3 of my sisters weddings, my mom would adopt her if she could), and have already referred her to many friends and family!

2015-10-26T23:11:32 Response from the vendor

Hahaha, Stephanie your headline on here made me giggle! You guys were such amazing clients and I loved working with you guys!! Thanks again for choosing me :) ...and your Mom can be a surrogate Mom to me when we see each other! Haha! I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Jennifer W

Heather did an amazing job capturing every moment that we wanted. She was creative and flexible to make every moment count, and capture the happenings accurately. We highly recommend using Heather for any occasion.

2017-12-31T20:44:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Jenn and Jake! It was extra special getting to travel to capture your big day in the mountains! You both looked so apply in love and the location was like none other! Thanks again for choosing me to capture your special... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Allison L

Heather was so easy to work with and kept things fun and simple! I loved how we were able to go to multiple locations to get a great variety of shots. She also helped us pose for different shots. We loved Heather as our engagement photographer and would highly recommend her.

2017-12-31T20:46:54 Response from the vendor

These photos as the sun were going down as still some of my all time favorites! You two are so wonderful together and made my "job" so easy! I look forward to getting to capture future family photos for you guys!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Bryan W

Tru Identity was the perfect photographer for our engagements and our wedding day! Heather made us feel so relaxed and comfortable. Our photos turned out amazing and captured our wedding perfectly!

2017-11-01T23:33:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Bryan!! I loved getting to work with you guys in both Dallas and Austin :) Your wedding day was so fantastic and definitely a highlight to my year! Cheers to you guys and your first year as Mr+Mrs! :)

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Kallie W

Tru Identity was the best photographer for our wedding day! Heather and her assistant were so professional and comfortable to work with. Heather communicated everything with us so we were able to relax and enjoy our wedding day! The photos came out better than we could’ve ever... Read More imagined and captured our wedding day perfectly.

2017-11-01T23:30:19 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Kallie! From Engagements, to your Bridals, to your wedding day, I had such a great time working with you and Bryan! Your wedding was such a beautiful, happy, easy going and FUN day! I am so thankful to have been a part... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Joe C

Heather was an amazing choice as our engagement and wedding photographer. She has great professionalism and her work is outstanding. We had everything we needed and more when it came time for our wedding day. We can thank her enough for her hard work!

2017-10-26T15:01:07 Response from the vendor

Thanks Joe! Wow, what a gorgeous wedding you guys had! You and Chelsea are such a cool and fun couple - thanks for making my job a breeze! Thanks again for choosing me to be a part of such a big moment in your lives!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Chelsea C

I cannot say enough about Heather and our wedding photos! When my husband and I were looking at photographers, we wanted a beautiful and real portrayal of our wedding - and WOW did Heather deliver! We absolutely love our wedding photos. We can look through our images, and... Read More feel transported back to that day. In addition to beautiful photos of us, we have photos of our friends and family. You can feel the love, energy, and FUN in those photos! Amazing. Throughout the entire process, Heather was extremely organized, punctual, and professional. As with any vendor - this is so important, as it takes away so much stress from the day. Heather also did our engagement and my bridal sessions. I fainted during my bridal portraits (hydrate! don't lock your knees!), and Heather made sure my dress was safe (so important w/ 1 week out) and was so sweet about the whole thing. You can't even tell in my photos immediately before that I am about to lose it. :) Overall, hiring Heather was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We couldn't be happier!

2017-11-01T23:38:30 Response from the vendor

Awe thank you so much Chelsea!! I LOVED your wedding and on the special details you did! It definitely deserves a feature!! PS. don't worry about the bridals, these hot humid Texas days aren't always the best. You looked so beautiful though, I already forgot... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Anna J

Heather took the most beautiful pictures I’ve ever had Taken for my engagement and my wedding! She is truly gifted at what she does!

2017-10-26T14:57:45 Response from the vendor

Thanks Anna :) I LOVED being there to capture such great moments for you and Thomas. You two are seriously the kindest couple and I am so thankful that I got to be part of your celebration! I wish I lived closer so I could... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Samantha Y

Heather is WONDERFUL!! :-) She did our engagement photos and did a fantastic job. I left it up to her where we should take the photos so she asked me what look I was going for and she knew the exact locations to go to. Heather was soo patient and kind with us throughout the day!... Read More The best part - our photos came out absolutely amazing!! I will definitely be reaching out to Heather for any photos we need in the future!

2017-10-26T14:54:07 Response from the vendor

Awe thanks Samantha! I loved working with you and Brian - some of your photos on the top of the hill are some of my all time faves! :) You are such a fun couple and I hope we will get to work together again... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Jessica W

We love to work with Heather, and don't even consider anyone else when we are needing professional photos taken! They always come out looking so beautiful and really capture those special moments and memories. We can't wait to work with Heather again!

2017-10-26T14:50:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jess! You know I love working with you, your family and of course your pups Caine and Baylee!! :) From your engagements, wedding and all the family portraits since, you guys are simply the greatest! I can't wait to capture more great memories... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Tim W

Heather and her staff at TRU Identity Photography+Designs have been great for us. We used them for our wedding and all family pictures and they have all come out wonderful. We recommend them to all of our family members and friends.

2017-10-26T14:47:54 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Tim! You guys had the most beautiful wedding and I fell so lucky you guys chose me to be a part of it. Thanks again for all the referrals... can I give you 5+ stars for being such amazing clients?! :)

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Ally P

We cannot say enough wonderful things about TRU Identity. My husband and I had an out of town wedding and needed an engagement shoot photographer who was willing to invest in us enough for us to feel comfortable but was understanding about our wedding being in a different state.... Read More She made our engagement shoot feel very comfortable and had a great attitude about the day in general.

2017-10-25T16:44:17 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Ally! I loved getting to work with you and Jack! It was such a fun and easy going day! You two are such a lovely couple, thanks for making my job so easy! Wishing you both nothing but the best!! :)

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Francesca R

We were so fortunate to have Heather of TRU Identity Designs do our engagement photos! She prepared us well, had so many cool shot/location ideas, and made us feel very comfortable (and smiling/laughing) the entire time! Not only is Heather the sweetest person ever, but she is... Read More also extremely talented and dedicated to her business. The process for getting access to the photos was a breeze through her online portal, and the photos couldn’t have turned out more beautiful; we will cherish them forever! Thanks Heather!

2017-10-25T10:10:08 Response from the vendor

Thanks Francesca!! :) I loved getting to capture such great moments for you! It was such a fun shoot and I REALLY can't wait for your wedding in a couple weeks!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Adrian H

We loved working with Heather for our engagement photos! I was worried that the professional photo session would be super rigid and awkward (as yearbook and Santa photos always were growing up), but it was actually very relaxed. Heather was an excellent coach in guiding us into... Read More the right location or position for perfect pictures. The final product proved her expertise; the pics were awesome (countless compliments from friends and family about the quality)! We wanted to have her do our wedding as well, but unfortunately she was already booked. We absolutely recommend Heather and will try to book her again for any future photos we need.

2017-10-18T20:50:18 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Adrian! I won't tell Santa my photos were better. Haha! I loved being able to work with you guys and I'm so excited for you two to get married :)

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Nikki R

I absolutely LOVED how my engagement photos turned out. I told her that I wanted more candid and natural photos and Heather listened to exactly what we wanted. I am having a destination wedding and she made me passport save the dates that turned out GREAT! I couldn't have asked... Read More for better photos and having a photographer that listens to what you want is such a blessing!

2016-10-12T11:30:15 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Nikki! I love that I get to call this my "job", and with fun and laid back clients like you, you make it all so easy!! Thanks again for choosing me to capture such fun moments, I loved getting to work with... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Amanda M

Heather is fantastic! She made the entire process a breeze. From booking to the shoot itself, it was all so easy and fun! We shot at a rugged location and she had a broken foot at the time and you would've never known it! She is great to work with. We didn't have a whole lot in... Read More mind for the shots but she completely over delivered on my expectations. I'm confident that even if we came in with a ton of requests, she would've delivered on them all. I absolutely love our pictures and will treasure them forever.

2016-10-12T11:24:32 Response from the vendor

Oh my goodness, I almost forgot about my boot and climbing on boulders! Haha!! You know what though, I would do it all again in a heart beat! I loved working with you and Adam and that location was like none other! I will treasure... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Martha G

Heather Zak is truly amazing!! My fiancé and I had the best experience with heather for our engagement photos! She is extremely professional and definitely knows what she is doing, this was very evident during our photo session and especially when we saw the gorgeous photos!!... Read More We were so extremely happy with all the pictures. She captured our love beautifully! She is the best!!

2016-10-11T17:26:54 Response from the vendor

Awe, thank you so much Martha! I really loved your glam engagement session! You two are such a beautiful couple and I wish I was able to join you for your wedding in Mexico! All the best to you both! :)

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Kristin M

Heather was amazing to work from day 1! She replied quickly, notified us about everything up front with pricing and was always available for questions. My husband and I felt comfortable with her during all the photo shoots and let us relax to enjoy the moment. I can't say enough... Read More about her photos and how beautiful all of them came out! We keep getting countless comments from family and friends on them. I can't imagine how I'm going to narrow them down for albums and prints :) If you have the opportunity to work with Heather, don't pass it up!

2016-08-31T12:40:29 Response from the vendor

Awe, Thanks so much Kristin :) I loved working with you both so much! ...and how could I forget Moose too, the cutest, most photogenic pup :) Your wedding day was nothing short of perfection! Thanks again for letting us be a part of the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Samantha K

Heather is the BEST photographer I could have ever asked for. My sister booked her for her wedding and recommended I look at Heather's photos. Didn't take long for me to sign on the dotted line. She responds fast (brides, that's huge!), she's so professional, she makes the photo... Read More shoots fun, and her photos are incredible. I feel like my wedding photos could be in a magazine they're so perfect! Not to mention - she travels. My wedding was in Magnolia, TX and she didn't bat an eye when she said that was no problem. Absolutely amazing service, amazing photos, great response time and a VERY fair price. You won't find anyone this talented and professional for a better price.

2016-08-24T22:49:59 Response from the vendor

Samantha you always blow me away with all of the sweet things you say. You , Logan and your families have been a dream to work with and I only wish you could married again so we could have all the fun times again!! Let's... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Tess L

Heather is so sweet and easy-going! Our engagement pictures are amazing! She helped us so much and set up poses for us since we had no idea what we were doing :) She took pictures we wanted and also brought her own great ideas to the table!

2016-07-30T15:24:40 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Tess, and thank you for being such great clients! I loved working with you and Alex! :)

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Stephanie

Heather photographed our wedding July 4th last year (2015). Not only was she willing to work on a holiday, she did an AMAZING job!!! Even with a quick turn around time in our chapel after our ceremony, she made sure to find other locations during the reception to get all of our... Read More requested photos - she also got great shots so we could remember all of the little details of the day and she got some of the most amazing actions shots too!! Heather was so nice and easy to work with every step of the way - starting with a quick reply to my inquiry & all the way to loading my photos and answering my questions after the wedding! She even sent us a hand written note after we signed the contract! She has great pricing , such amazing quality of work, she makes it so easy to get your images and share them with others, AND she is super sweet!!

2016-05-31T12:35:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Stephanie for all of the kind words and for taking the time to leave this sweet review! I loved working with you and Ryan last year! I can't believe it's almost your 1 year Anniversary!! I hope you have enjoyed your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Jess O

Heather is so great to work with! We couldn't imagine working with anyone else, and you would be lucky to work with her too. Her photos are so beautiful, and she is extremely talented. We can't wait to find more excuses for her services!

2016-05-26T18:12:18 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words! It was so great getting to work with you and I can't wait for future photos with you! :)

Reviewed on 4/21/2016 Hillary T

So amazing! She is so professional and amazing at what she does. I would go back and pick her every single time!

2016-04-21T19:23:01 Response from the vendor

Thanks Hillary!! Your wedding was so fantastic and we had such a great time capturing all the fun, love and happiness! Also, your reception venue was SO cool! Cheers to you and Matt :)

Heather Zak Christian

I could not be happier to call this my career! I love meeting new people and being able to capture and share in special moments in their lives! I am getting to use my creativity in such a special way in that I get to combine what I love with being part of and helping such happy moments live on in my photography! Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my work. Hopefully I will get a chance to work with you soon! Cheers!