TRU Identity Photography+Designs

Based in Dallas Fort Worth and available Worldwide!

Inspired by YOU.

A fresh and fun wedding photography business with a blend of fine art and photojournalistic style based out of Dallas-Fort Worth & Austin and available world-wide! Browse our website, blog, Instagram and Facebook for the latest with TRU Identity Photography+Designs!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Based in Dallas Fort Worth and available Worldwide! (817) 874-3262
INSTAGRAM

You're an idiot if you don't hire TRU Identity!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Stephanie C

Heather from TRU Identity was a god-send for our wedding! She was a referral from a friend, and the easiest vendor decision we made. Heather is so great to work with, makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera, and works to make it YOUR look and style. She was so... Read More flexible on finding a date for our engagements and bridal portraits, and on the day of she went above and beyond capturing all the right moments. She's wonderful with parents that can be a bit overbearing and wedding guests that just don't get it. Also her assistant was very bit as capable and professional (sometimes that isn't the case) and made it feel like Heather could be in two places at once! We will definitely be hiring TRU for any future portrait/event sessions (she'll definitely be shooting all 3 of my sisters weddings, my mom would adopt her if she could), and have already referred her to many friends and family!

2015-10-26T23:11:32 Response from the vendor

Hahaha, Stephanie your headline on here made me giggle! You guys were such amazing clients and I loved working with you guys!! Thanks again for choosing me :) ...and your Mom can be a surrogate Mom to me when we see each other! Haha! I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Samantha K

Heather is the BEST photographer I could have ever asked for. My sister booked her for her wedding and recommended I look at Heather's photos. Didn't take long for me to sign on the dotted line. She responds fast (brides, that's huge!), she's so professional, she makes the photo... Read More shoots fun, and her photos are incredible. I feel like my wedding photos could be in a magazine they're so perfect! Not to mention - she travels. My wedding was in Magnolia, TX and she didn't bat an eye when she said that was no problem. Absolutely amazing service, amazing photos, great response time and a VERY fair price. You won't find anyone this talented and professional for a better price.

2016-08-24T22:49:59 Response from the vendor

Samantha you always blow me away with all of the sweet things you say. You , Logan and your families have been a dream to work with and I only wish you could married again so we could have all the fun times again!! Let's... Read Less Read More

Spectacular!!!

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Nell B

We had a hugeee wedding. Heather photographed our engagement photos, rehearsal dinner and wedding. I only wish I could give her more than 5 stars! She. Was. Awesome!!! One of the best purchases for my wedding. Not only did she photograph the events above, she also made our... Read More save-the-dates AND made labels for all of them! Her work is amazing and she was super punctual with getting back to me quickly when I had questions. Book immediately-you will NOT be disappointed!! Thank you Heather, for making this year so memorable for me!

2016-01-04T16:55:52 Response from the vendor

Aw thanks for the very kind worlds!! I loved working with you guys and only wish we could do it all over again :) Best wishes to you and John on your first year as Mr+Mrs!!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Katherine C

Heather is AMAZING! She did my sisters wedding last year and just did mine a few weeks back. She is very friendly, kind and knowledgeable. The day of she showed up early and went straight to work! She had a lot to work with since my venue was all outdoors in the middle of... Read More nowhere- the heat, bugs, lots of walking, finding good places for photos- and she did it all in a very professional manner. She even made time for the crazy photos I wanted which I hear is rare. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

2016-11-14T19:03:35 Response from the vendor

Awe, thanks Katherine!! Your wedding was BEAUTIFUL, can we do it again?!! I absolutely love working with you and Corey, and of course your families, too!! :) It's so special to me when I am able to work with family/friends of past clients, I feel... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Nikki R

I absolutely LOVED how my engagement photos turned out. I told her that I wanted more candid and natural photos and Heather listened to exactly what we wanted. I am having a destination wedding and she made me passport save the dates that turned out GREAT! I couldn't have asked... Read More for better photos and having a photographer that listens to what you want is such a blessing!

2016-10-12T11:30:15 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Nikki! I love that I get to call this my "job", and with fun and laid back clients like you, you make it all so easy!! Thanks again for choosing me to capture such fun moments, I loved getting to work with... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Amanda M

Heather is fantastic! She made the entire process a breeze. From booking to the shoot itself, it was all so easy and fun! We shot at a rugged location and she had a broken foot at the time and you would've never known it! She is great to work with. We didn't have a whole lot in... Read More mind for the shots but she completely over delivered on my expectations. I'm confident that even if we came in with a ton of requests, she would've delivered on them all. I absolutely love our pictures and will treasure them forever.

2016-10-12T11:24:32 Response from the vendor

Oh my goodness, I almost forgot about my boot and climbing on boulders! Haha!! You know what though, I would do it all again in a heart beat! I loved working with you and Adam and that location was like none other! I will treasure... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Martha G

Heather Zak is truly amazing!! My fiancé and I had the best experience with heather for our engagement photos! She is extremely professional and definitely knows what she is doing, this was very evident during our photo session and especially when we saw the gorgeous photos!!... Read More We were so extremely happy with all the pictures. She captured our love beautifully! She is the best!!

2016-10-11T17:26:54 Response from the vendor

Awe, thank you so much Martha! I really loved your glam engagement session! You two are such a beautiful couple and I wish I was able to join you for your wedding in Mexico! All the best to you both! :)

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Kristin M

Heather was amazing to work from day 1! She replied quickly, notified us about everything up front with pricing and was always available for questions. My husband and I felt comfortable with her during all the photo shoots and let us relax to enjoy the moment. I can't say enough... Read More about her photos and how beautiful all of them came out! We keep getting countless comments from family and friends on them. I can't imagine how I'm going to narrow them down for albums and prints :) If you have the opportunity to work with Heather, don't pass it up!

2016-08-31T12:40:29 Response from the vendor

Awe, Thanks so much Kristin :) I loved working with you both so much! ...and how could I forget Moose too, the cutest, most photogenic pup :) Your wedding day was nothing short of perfection! Thanks again for letting us be a part of the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Tess L

Heather is so sweet and easy-going! Our engagement pictures are amazing! She helped us so much and set up poses for us since we had no idea what we were doing :) She took pictures we wanted and also brought her own great ideas to the table!

2016-07-30T15:24:40 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Tess, and thank you for being such great clients! I loved working with you and Alex! :)

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Stephanie

Heather photographed our wedding July 4th last year (2015). Not only was she willing to work on a holiday, she did an AMAZING job!!! Even with a quick turn around time in our chapel after our ceremony, she made sure to find other locations during the reception to get all of our... Read More requested photos - she also got great shots so we could remember all of the little details of the day and she got some of the most amazing actions shots too!! Heather was so nice and easy to work with every step of the way - starting with a quick reply to my inquiry & all the way to loading my photos and answering my questions after the wedding! She even sent us a hand written note after we signed the contract! She has great pricing , such amazing quality of work, she makes it so easy to get your images and share them with others, AND she is super sweet!!

2016-05-31T12:35:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Stephanie for all of the kind words and for taking the time to leave this sweet review! I loved working with you and Ryan last year! I can't believe it's almost your 1 year Anniversary!! I hope you have enjoyed your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Jess O

Heather is so great to work with! We couldn't imagine working with anyone else, and you would be lucky to work with her too. Her photos are so beautiful, and she is extremely talented. We can't wait to find more excuses for her services!

2016-05-26T18:12:18 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words! It was so great getting to work with you and I can't wait for future photos with you! :)

Reviewed on 4/21/2016 Hillary T

So amazing! She is so professional and amazing at what she does. I would go back and pick her every single time!

2016-04-21T19:23:01 Response from the vendor

Thanks Hillary!! Your wedding was so fantastic and we had such a great time capturing all the fun, love and happiness! Also, your reception venue was SO cool! Cheers to you and Matt :)

Reviewed on 2/12/2016 Paige G

I couldn't possibly put into words just how much we love Heather! She is unbelievably talented, so so sweet, has THE best customer service and our absolute favorite. She has a way of making you feel so comfortable, as though you have known her for years. We absolutely LOVE her... Read More and wouldn't work with anyone but her. She did our engagement pictures, wedding portraits, our baby's newborn photos and is about to do her 1 year photos. Thank you Heather for being the best at what you do!! - Paige & Donnie

2016-02-12T22:36:30 Response from the vendor

Aww thanks so much :) You guys are golden clients and I am so happy that I have been able to be a part of so many happy moments for you and your adorable family! I give YOU GUYS 5 stars!

Absolutely In Love!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Erica F

Heather is absolutely amazing! She did my wedding back in May! She was professional, personable and such a sweet person to work with! She truly took the time to get to know me and my husband as well as found ways to make our personality shine. She is all about showing the bride... Read More and groom in candid, natural looking photos that it captured our day perfectly! She took all photos I asked of her and really blew me away with the final product! During my engagement I lived in Austin and was planning a wedding in Dallas so Heather's dual locations made it super easy on me. She was so flexible. On the day of my wedding, she did whatever she had to in order to capture the perfect shot! I know you read tons of reviews about great photographers (been there), but don't pass this one up!

2015-11-04T11:06:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this great review and kind words Erica! I wish I could give you 5 starts back for being such amazing clients! I loved getting to work with you, Hunter and your amazing families! Truly some stunning photos of some stunning people :)... Read Less Read More

TRU Identity Photography+Designs

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Laurie M

WOW! Heather is unbelievably talented. I have had nothing but wonderful compliments on our wedding pictures and though scenery has a lot to do with that, I know so much of it is because of Heather. From our first conversation on the phone to the last email I have enjoyed every... Read More interaction. Getting pictures taken with her was exciting and if it weren't for time schedules I would have loved to take more. Everyone looks fantastic in our pictures and she captured so many unexpected moments. You would feel lucky to have her take pictures for you! Heather was friendly, easy to work with, and the quality of the pictures were absolutely brilliant! The pictures she took I will treasure.

2015-11-04T11:02:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the sweet words Laurie! I LOVED being a part of your special day and getting to know you guys. It was so great getting to work with you guys!! ...and we can take some more pictures in the future if... Read Less Read More

Newlywed Session

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Danielle L

My husband and i are military. Some things came down the pipeline which affected our timeline and our overall joy of the entire wedding experience. We did a "newlywed session" with Heather where we went to a nice location, he wore his uniform and me in my wedding dress.... Read More Because of her warm personality, attention to detail and positivity we had the best afternoon. We found it easy to be "natural" with her and genuinely enjoyed the fun we had, which in turn gave us unexpected joy of the wedding experience. When we received our pictures we were blown away- The lighting, angles and positioning were incredible. We have printed so many and were so blessed by them. Being a past wedding planner, I know what to look for and Heather is one of the very best. We will be using her soon for more family pictures!

2015-10-27T19:02:02 Response from the vendor

Aw thanks Danielle! Seriously one of my favorite sessions to date! I can't wait to see you guys again soon!

Perfect in a pinch

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Heather was able to accommodate my wedding request last minute. After being diagnosed with stage IV cancer me and my fiance moved our wedding date up to Valentines Day and were worried we would not be able to find a vendor. Heather came to our rescue. Her attention to detail was... Read More incredible. She captured every moment we needed and polished each picture with perfection. I would recommend her to anyone. Thank you Heather for giving us so many memories to look back upon!

2015-10-27T19:10:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words Allison! Seeing you and your husband interact made your wedding one of the most meaningful ones I have ever photographed. I always tell clients that I am so lucky to be in this industry, because I get to connect... Read Less Read More

Great Photographer

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Krystal H

I received a postcard from Heather when I signed up on the knot.com, which was helpful when there are so many photographers out there. After looking at her photographs on her website, I knew I wanted to meet her. I instantly knew she was the photographer for us. She fit our... Read More personalities so well. She did an amazing job with our wedding and so glad we picked TRU Identity to photograph our wedding! You will not be disappointed.

2015-10-26T22:59:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Krystal! I feel so lucky that I got to be the one to capture your BEAUTIFUL wedding day and be a part of such a special day for you and Sean! Cheers to the BEST future ahead :)

Fabulous photography

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Lindsie C

Heather with TruIdentity is amaaaaaaazing! She is organized and works hard to make your big day absolutely perfect! Her laid back yet bubbly personality made us feel 100% comfortable. She has a wonderful style and an eye to capture unique, special moments. Pricing is affordable... Read More and she offers several different packages to fit every budget! Heather is also very organized and answers all questions in a timely manner. The quality is outstanding and we will use her again in the future. Plus, your photos are available for you to download for 10 years! We recommend her to everyone!

2015-10-26T23:13:28 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words Lindsie and for having me there to capture such great moments with you and Chris! P.S. I think I fed off your bubbly personality as well :)

Breathtaking

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Karen G

We selected TRU Identity Photography Designs to photograph our wedding and reception. From the moment we met Heather, we knew she would take our pictures. On the day of the wedding, Heather arrived early. During the day, She was able to take all of the pictures from our wish... Read More list and made numerous suggestions. Her energy is contagious and you can tell she loves what she does. Although we have not seen the final product, she did show us a few pictures on her camera and they were breathtaking. Her ability to use light, the setting, and the guests at the wedding is amazing. We can't wait to see the final product. Thank you Heather for capturing the memories from our day!

2015-10-26T23:17:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Karen! I really loved being part of your day... there were some seriously touching moments between you and Ed and it makes my heart happy thinking about your day! I can't wait to get the finished package to you!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Olamide B

My husband and I selected Tru Identity+Designs as our photographer for our engagement photos, our Traditional Nigerian Wedding AND our Traditional American Wedding. Working with Heather from Tru Identity was simply the best! She was extremely professional, helped us select great... Read More locations for our engagement shoot and she also provided other services like Thank You cards, and album credit! Heather did several things during our wedding that eased our stress, one thing I remember was, during our wedding reception we had an outfit change and we were running a little behind, Heather was scheduled to leave about 20 minutes before hand but she stayed and made sure she took our second outfit photo before she left. Heather truly cares about capturing all your moments and I seriously would love to refer her to everyone because she is that spectacular! Thanks again Tru Identity!!!!!!!! Wish I could rewind so we can do it all over again!!

2015-10-26T23:23:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the amazing review!! Being part of your celebrations was seriously one of kind and I am so grateful that you trusted in me to capture all of the very special and unique moments!! I love having great clients like you guys! P.S.... Read Less Read More

Perfect Engagement Photos

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Molly R

I could not be happier with Heather from Tru Identity. She is extremely easy to work with and the turn around time was great! She made us so relaxed during our engagement session and we had so much fun! (Even my groom who doesn't love having his photo taken!) We had so many... Read More photos we liked, it was hard to choose our favorites! I've gotten numerous compliments from our friends and family. I also want to add- we incorporated our dog into our photos and she was great with her. I swear, she even got her to smile! Thanks for making our engagement photos so great, Heather!

2015-10-26T23:26:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review!! You know that I love working with you guys and I was happy to be able to capture your funny personalities!! Oh, and I think we should call an agent for Cocoa, she has a definite future in dog... Read Less Read More

Couldn't have been happier!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

From the moment I met Heather I knew she was the right photographer for our wedding. She was cheerful and upbeat through the ups and downs during planning and day of hustle and bustle. I received so many positive remarks from guest and family members about her professionalism... Read More and the beautiful photos she captured. I never had to reach out to Heather to get updates or ask questions; she was on the ball and a step ahead of me at all times. Heather had great ideas for photos and truly captured the heart of our rehearsal dinner, everything leading up to the ceremony, the wedding itself and our TWO receptions. Heather did an outstanding job orchestrating the family photos after the ceremony which can be a huge time suck (especially with a big family like ours). She also shot my bridal portraits which I was incredibly nervous about. She made me feel relaxed and comfortable and thought outside the box to capture unique shots. Overall, we LOVED working with Heather and I have since recommended her to several friends and family.

2015-10-26T23:29:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! It was so great working with you guys!! Your wedding was so beautiful and the receptions were so much fun! Can we please have an anniversary party with that great band at the downtown reception! ;) It... Read Less Read More

Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Lauren P

Heather is great! She is so talented and professional. She did our engagement pictures, my bridals, and the wedding. She was also able to make thank you cards to send after the wedding out of our pictures. She is very flexible to working with you and she makes sure to get every... Read More shot you want. She even used my own pinterest to get an idea of what kind of pictures I would like and she had me make a list of all the shots I wanted to make sure nothing was forgotten! She did everything I wanted and even helped with the flow of events during the wedding to help people know where to go. She has a lot of great ideas of her own and will make sure your pictures turn out great. Also, if you're typically a shy person in front of the camera she is really good at giving direction and telling you how to pose to loosen you up. Me and my now husband were nervous for our engagements because we don't usually take many pictures but she was able to help us get comfortable to where we were able to pose comfortably without as much need for directions. And all of the pictures turned out sooo beautiful! We get compliments all the time on all of our pictures on social media and in our home.

2015-09-22T15:09:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words! I had such a great time working with you guys...I absolutely loved your sunset ceremony under the tree :) Best wishes you both!

Reviewed on 8/21/2015 Mary A

TRU Identity did a TRUly amazing job with photographing our Wedding. We were so happy, blown away and thrilled with ALL of the photos! There truly is not one photo we are not happy with! Having so many memorizes captured means the world to us! Thank you for making an already... Read More special day even brighter!

2015-09-22T15:14:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words! It was truly a magical day and I loved working with you both!! :)

Heather Zak Christian

I could not be happier to call this my career! I love meeting new people and being able to capture and share in special moments in their lives! I am getting to use my creativity in such a special way in that I get to combine what I love with being part of and helping such happy moments live on in my photography! Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my work. Hopefully I will get a chance to work with you soon! Cheers!