On-Location Makeup Artist

Welcome, and congratulations on your engagement! True Beauty by Dana is the best choice for you if you are looking for flawless makeup on your wedding day. Dana is a professional makeup artist who specializes in Airbrush makeup artistry, traveling to you! She will make you look and feel absolutely beautiful on your special day. Dana provides the highest quality of service for you and your bridal party to ensure a relaxed, pampered, and stress free day!

Beauty Group Bookings, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, Beauty

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100

455 Tortoise Dr., Valparaiso, IN NW Indiana, SW Michigan, Michiana, and Chicagoland (219) 765-5938

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Katie L

I had my wedding this past weekend and cannot say enough good things about Dana. Not only are her makeup skills amazing, but she is exactly who you want around you on the morning of your wedding. She made my bridesmaids, myself, my MIL and my mother feel so comfortable. I am... Read More also extremely picky about my makeup and somewhat of a perfectionist - with that being said, my makeup was PERFECT. It was better than I could have ever expected. I would highly recommend using Dana for your wedding day.

2017-10-30T13:58:36 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Katie!! This was so sweet of you to say! I loved working with you and your bridal party...Congratulations again, and I wish you all the best! XOXO

Best of the best!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Dana was an absolute pleasure! If I could rate more than 5 stars I would. She is extremely talented! All of us girls looked absolutely flawless, and for the first time ever my make-up actually LASTED ALL NIGHT! I received more compliments on my make-up than ever before. She is... Read More very personable, and made me feel so comfortable. I highly recommend Dana to anyone looking for a make-up artist, you will not be disappointed! She is the BEST!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Natalie M

Dana is without question, amazing! From the moment I met her at my makeup trial, she put me completely at ease and I knew I had made the right choice. She is extremely fun and positive and makes everyone feel beautiful and special. Our makeup looked flawless and held up... Read More beautifully throughout the day. I would highly recommend Dana to everyone and cannot thank Dana enough for making me look and feel absolutely stunning on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 11/23/2017 Courtney M

I absolutely loved working with Dana! She is amazing! My girls and I looked absolutely stunning for my wedding! Our makeup lasted all night, even through my emotional father-daughter dance. She’s a sweetheart to work with.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Monica S

True Beauty by Dana stands by its name. Dana is the definition of a make-artist. Not only is she professional, but also such a sweet person. She listened to everyone's wants/needs and nailed every, single look. Dana worked with our schedule and helped the day run smoothly. She... Read More was timely, but meticulous at the same time. I would highly recommend her to any future brides. You will not be disappointed. If you're looking for a make-up artist, Dana is your girl!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Lisa B

Dana is the absolute best! She makes you feel super comfortable and relaxed while she's working, and the outcome is AMAZING. I didn't want to take my makeup off! Will definitely be using her again, and would absolutely recommend!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Rachael H

Dana did an amazing job! She kept everything in order on the wedding day, and we finished exactly on time. She did a great job on me and my bridesmaids, even though our complexions are all pretty different. She was really fun to have there on the day of the wedding - big smiles... Read More and keeping you calm!! She is super organized and knows what she's doing. Thanks, Dana!!!

2017-10-30T14:03:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Rachael!!! You were awesome to work with!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Lindsey W

Dana did an amazing job with my bridal party and myself! Her work is amazing!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Amanda O

I have been using Dana for every special event for the last year and I have always loved what she has done! Dana glammed up myself and my bridesmaids, as well as my mom for my wedding day! She did such an amazing job with everyone! Dana is a sweet woman and so knowledgeable. I... Read More hardly ever wear make up on a daily basis (if I do, it is only mascara) and she gave me some ideas on what I might like for my wedding day. We talked about different colors that would look best with my wedding day theme as well as my eye color, hair color and complexion. My wedding went by flawless as Dana showed up early and ready to get started. She was done ahead of schedule, which gave us a chance to have a breather before the craziness began. I will definitely be using Dana for all future make up needs! Thank you so much for traveling to Michigan for my dream wedding day!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Lauren S

Working with Dana was a treat! Not only is Dana an extremely talented makeup artist, she is fun to be around :) Dana accommodated my large bridal party and group needing their makeup done. Dana was alway quick to respond to phone calls, texts and emails. I highly recommend Dana... Read More to any and all brides looking for a phenomenal makeup artist for their wedding. Thank you again for everything, Dana!

2017-08-02T09:05:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO much, Lauren! You were a joy to work with!! Congratulations,again!! XOXO

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Teresa C

Love, love, love Dana!!! She did such a great job on my girls and I for my wedding. She's talented, funny, professional, and hip. I couldn't be more pleased with how our makeup turned out. Thank you, Dana!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Kate K

Dana is great! Highly recommend her! I never wear makeup, so I was worried it wouldn't look like me or be too heavy. She worked with my natural features and would show me what she was doing every few minutes during the trial to make sure it was exactly what I wanted and that I... Read More was comfortable with it. She took tons of photos as reference and made sure I looked my best on our big day! All of my girls loved her as well, one even booked her for her own wedding! So can't wait to work with her again on that day as well!

2017-06-12T14:03:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you, So much, Kate!! Loved working with you! I appreciate your kind words!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Samantha T

Dana did an amazing job on mine and my bridesmaids makeup. She's now done my makeup 3 times and it gets better every time. She's such a sweetheart and easy to talk to as well. I can't say enough about her! 💕

2017-06-12T14:05:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Sam!!! Still swooning over your wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Jacqui Z

Dana did our makeup for a friend's wedding and I knew she would make the perfect addition to my own. Dana is so open-minded to the look you're going for and makes everyone feel comfortable when working with her. I can't say enough nice things about the work she does and the... Read More person she is :)

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Katie O

Dana is the best! She did my makeup for my wedding, along with all of the bridesmaids and my mother. She is so talented and great at tailoring makeup to each individual's features. Everyone looked stunning! And the makeup stayed on all night, even through all of the happy... Read More tears!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016

Dana is not only a talented makeup artist but also a wonderful person. I purchased her services for my best friend as a wedding gift. Dana was well organized and kept in communication with the bride leading up to her big day. When the day was there, Dana was flexible, brought a... Read More positive glowing personality (that made everyone feel so calm, and was so organized!! She is definitely a woman you want doing your makeup for any special day! A professional woman who makes you feel comfortable, beautiful, and at ease. Book her! You won't regret it ;)

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Trisha H

Dana is incredible at her craft! Everyone absolutely loved our makeup (my bridesmaids, my mother, and I all got our makeup done) and I'm still getting compliments on how well she did. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016

Awesome work by True Beauty By Dana! I don't EVER wear makeup and I felt beautiful on my wedding day! So did all of my girls! Very accommodating too! She traveled over 50 miles to do our make up! Thank you so much Dana!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Katy F

Dana is absolutely incredible. She made me and all of my bridesmaids feel gorgeous. She was a blast to work with and I will recommend her to anyone I know.

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Alexis B

She was so personable. She made everyone feel comfortable and beautiful. I absolutely loved my makeup and wouldn't have wanted anyone else doing it for that special day!

Reviewed on 5/18/2016

Dana did my makeup recently for my daughter's Wedding and she was phenomenal! She did my eyes exactly as I wanted and was extremely personable. I highly recommend Dana for any weddings or events!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016

Love love love Dana! I can not tell you how many compliments I got about my eyes. I felt beautiful all day. Dana is a must for all of your occasions.

Reviewed on 12/22/2015

I usually don't wear makeup, but decided that I would for my special day. Dana did an outstanding job; making sure all of my requests and wants were met. The makeup lasted the entire night. I will definitely use her in the future and I highly recommend her!!! Thank you again... Read More Dana! It was truly a pleasure getting to know you and having you play such an important role in my big day!

Reviewed on 12/11/2015 Molly L

I can not say enough good things about Dana and her customer service! She is by far one of the nicest vendors I have worked with thus far. Having a destination wedding is tough when you do not know vendors in the area. Dana has gone out of her way to not only recommend other... Read More vendor to help me in the planning process, but has also contacted vendors for availability. Kudos!! Thank you!

Dana is great

Reviewed on 11/09/2015

Dana was a pleasure to work with for makeup for my wedding- she did a great job making myself and bridesmaids look great!

Dana Shields

Hello, and welcome all you soon to be brides! My name is Dana Shields, and I am freelance makeup artist, specializing in airbrush bridal makeup. I do on-location services, and travel to the suburbs of Chicago, Northwest Indiana, and Southwest Michigan. With over 18 years experience, you can be assured you are in the right hands with True Beauty by Dana. I understand this is a big day and want you to feel special, look flawless and breathtaking. My job is to make sure your wedding is fun and stress-free and one day that you will never forget! I look forward working with you!