African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Flamenco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

2925 Elm Street, Dallas, TX U.S.A. (469) 702-1970

Reviewed on 3/10/2018 Sara H

We booked True DJs of Dallas for our wedding after speaking with Michael Roos. We ended up booking Nick for the event. We asked him to please stick to our song list until the dance portion of the night (it contained about 6 hours of music, more than we would have ever needed),... Read More but he went off-list the entire night. It wasn't a major problem; most people didn't know what was on the list, but it mattered to us. Our officiant had to stop him from playing ZZ Top during the pre-ceremony because the list we gave him was instrumental piano music only! The biggest problem to me was that Nick restarted our first dance song in the middle of the dance. Overall, he's a nice guy, but it seems like he needs more practice or training.

Reviewed on 1/29/2018 McKenzie R

My husband and I hired Michael from True DJS of Dallas for our once in a lifetime wedding. Michael Roos has been awesome since day 1! We met him trying to find a DJ and ended up getting our officient as well! I was able to be a "Go with the flow" kind of bride mostly because of... Read More True DJs. He had things handled from beginning to end. From the Wedding day timeline, the ceremony, and all the way to our exit. Oh, and he is a MASTER at crowd reading and played songs he saw got the crowd moving! We cant thank him enough for helping make this day perfect. Michael, you're the man!

Reviewed on 1/20/2018 Claudia H

Michael did a fantastic job keeping our guests entertained and dancing the whole night! We received many compliments on the music ... from the ceremony to our cocktail hour all the way through the very end! I cannot thank you enough for making it such a memorable night!

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Sarah L

Michael Roos is amazing. He is very responsive and flexible. He always made time whenever we wanted to meet. He really seemed to know what he was talking about but it came to life during the wedding. Everything was perfect. Everyone had a great time on the dance floor. Simply... Read More amazing. We are go glad we chose True Djs of Dallas.

Reviewed on 12/20/2017 Alex S

We hired True Djs of Dallas for our wedding in October. DJ Wiz did an amazing job, all the guests had a great time and were raving about the music! From the planning of the music to the day of the wedding, Michael and Wiz were very professional and organized. They worked very... Read More hard to make the planning easy on us and ensure that all of our questions were answered. Overall, I'm glad we chose to work with True Djs of Dallas for our wedding music and I would recommend them to anybody who is looking!

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Alexandria C

Michael Roos is the man. He's a great DJ, but the thing that really set him apart is that he helped me secretly record my own music to walk down the aisle to. I went to his studio to compose and record the music, and he mixed it so that it sounded awesome. One of the best... Read More moments of the wedding was my fiance's face when the officiant announced that the bride would be walking down to something she wrote especially for him. Cue tears from literally everyone. All the other important things for a DJ company are there too. True DJs is great at understanding event timelines, wedding flows, floorplans, and general event planning. You can save yourself some money and just use their expertise to plan your wedding. I'd absolutely hire them for any event again. #truedjsofdallas

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Kelly M

True Djs of Dallas is excellent! Working with Michael was a breeze. He made picking a dj and music the easiest part of wedding planning! Michael is a very personable person and will work with you to make everything as perfect as it can be!! I knew within minutes of meeting him... Read More he would be my dj, and on my wedding night I could not have had a better time!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Megan K

Michael was an outstanding DJ. We literally had to plan our wedding in a month and he made the process so easy and everything went perfect! He did an outstanding job making a perfect time line for our wedding, everything ran so smoothly. A lot of people from our wedding raved... Read More about how awesome our DJ was! I highly recommend him! #truedjsofdallas

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Emily O

Michael is the best DJ! We went to a wedding where he was the DJ and had the best time ever. Then, he was the DJ for my sister's wedding. It only made sense that he would be a part of our special day as well! So many people pulled us aside during the wedding to praise the music... Read More and playlist. We had 110 guests and just about all of them were on the dance floor ALL NIGHT! It was everything we could have ever wanted. Michael also met with my husband and I personally two times before the wedding to go over timeline of events and preferences we had. We can't recommend True DJs of Dallas enough!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Timothy A

If your looking for a DJ that's down to earth, easy to work with, professional, knows how to read a crowd and can make an event magical then True DJ's of Dallas is who you are looking for. 5 stars isn't enough stars to rate how great he helped make our wedding. Thank you again... Read More Michael and True DJ's of Dallas.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Shelby V

BEST. DJ. EVER. Seriously--our first DJ double-booked and my mom contacted Michael because he is a preferred vendor at my venue. He was free on my wedding day and boy am I thankful! The first time we met, my mom and I were blown away at his wedding timeline process. He helped us... Read More form a wedding timeline and got a feel for how our wedding would flow. You get access to a website where that timeline is and get to pick songs for all of the different events. It's awesome! Michael contacted me multiple times before the wedding to check in. On my wedding day he got everything set up (hours early might I add) and from there it was perfect. He kept things running smoothly the entire night. He even mixed a song (I don't know what DJs call it) for my father/daughter dance. We did a break out dance to Thriller. It was such a pleasure to work with Michael. He truly cares about your big day and it's obvious. You finish doing business with him feeling like you've got a new hip uncle! Really--stop looking and book with True DJs of Dallas!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Brittani B

My sister used Michael at her wedding in 2016 and he was Phenomenal, when I started planning my wedding for 2017 the first thing I told her was I wished he could be my DJ but we were trying to keep the cost of my wedding down to use more for the Honeymoon. So instead we hired... Read More someone from the family who was supposed to take care of us but instead called THE DAY BEFORE the wedding and canceled... I was in pure panic mode because I knew being that my wedding was in a bar scene that the DJ was crucial. My sister being the lovely person she is called DJ Michael on speed dial and told him what was going on and was hoping she could surprise me with him on my day unfortunately (in a good way) he had an invite for that night but worked with her in her pricing (being the DAY BEFORE my wedding) and had one of his other DJS Nick at Night avaliable not only did he show up and show out he practiced for my wedding for 24 hours before coming just to make sure he was on point! Talk about DJS that put time and dedication into their events he also showed up 3 hours early just to make sure he had it all down. We hired him til 10 but The Groom and I made sure our crowd tipped him well and ourselves because he was such a great dj he didnt mind staying an extra 30 minutes to play music as the guest exited the venue. He was the first one on the dance floor to lead the whip and nae nae and cupid shuffle (trust me i needed his lead) lol and even grabbed the single ladies and got them on the dance floor! Of course The Groom and I made the wedding amazing but Nick at Night truely pulled this wedding together and was the icing on the CAKE!!!! Can't wait for our next event with these guys! 👍👍💜💜💜 #truedjsofdallas

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Nicola R

MICHAEL ROOS RULES. I cannot accurately express how much I loved working with Michael and True DJ’s of Dallas. It was like talking and planning with an old friend – he’s so down to earth and is quick to understand personal (music) style. My husband and I grew up listening to... Read More everything from the 60s-80s and we knew that we, and our wedding guests, would enjoy that genre of music for the wedding. Everything he played was absolutely perfect. He was gracious enough to even download a song that my mom requested that wasn’t in his library (Mary Poppins – super obscure but meant a lot to us). From the quick and easy planning process to the day of, Michael’s services were better than anything we could have imagined. Honestly I wish we could get married again just to experience the whole process again. My favorite part? The monthly WOOOHOOO emails reminding us of our wedding countdown!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Kim P

We love Michael with True DJs of Dallas!! Michael was super responsive along the way, always professional, an AWESOME DJ, and an all-around great guy. The sound equipment was top-notch and versatile, and he really kept the crowd energetic and on the dance floor the whole... Read More evening! Michael also provided us with excellent advise about the timeline, which really helped us out. Michael was a phenomenal DJ, and we would recommend him over and over again!!

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Callie T

Working with Michael Roos of True DJs of Dallas was an absolute breeze from start to finish. He was prompt to respond to my emails and extremely warm and friendly from the beginning, which made me feel comfortable right away. My (now) husband and I met with him at his studio... Read More (which is SO cool) several times before our wedding date and it was SO comforting. He's extremely experienced and you will 100% get a sense of that just from speaking with him. He's cool, calm and collected and truly listens to what you want. The website True DJs of Dallas provides for its customers is amazing and let's you customize your preferred playlist and event. It's so easy. Michael made our wedding reception run so seamlessly and for that I am forever grateful. I received so many compliments on him throughout the evening. I would 120% use True DJs of Dallas again. Bravo.

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Raegan D

I couldn't have been more please with the experience I had using Michael as my DJ at the wedding. From the very first conversation we had, I knew I needed him as the DJ and when I hired him, he proceeded to exeed all of my expectations. He was so great to work with and would... Read More recommend him to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Elyse D

My husband and I were so lucky to have found Michael and the True DJs of Dallas. We did not get to have Michael as the actual DJ at our wedding, but he was able to recommend who would be best for us from his company. Michael was very thorough and communicative throughout the... Read More whole process. I never had a question that the music would not be just right for the event. He pays attention to detail and works with you to plan the perfect timeline for the event that also reflects your musical style and overall taste. We gave a list of recommendations for the cocktail hour and reception. All of my top requests were played and Wiz was able to get a feel for my music aesthetic and played songs that I loved and either forgot to request or hadn't heard yet. I would highly recommend using the True DJs of Dallas. You will have one less thing to worry about if you let them take care of your music.

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Devan D

Micheal was amazing! He officiated and was the DJ on our big day. We asked for a fun, upbeat, relaxed vibe for our wedding and he met those expectations. He had our friends and family laughing and dancing all night. He stayed in contact with me up until the big day and helped... Read More me anyway he could. I would highly recommend him for any occasion.

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Morgan Mayhall M

Michael did a wonderful job at our wedding! From the first meeting when we sat down to discuss the type of music we wanted at our wedding he was professional and organized. He took the time to get to know us and our personalities and planned our music accordingly. The day of the... Read More wedding went very smoothly and a lot of that was because Michael took control of the evening and had everything organized. He was a great person to work with and I would highly recommend him for any event or wedding!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Saige B

From the first time talking with Michael on the phone I was amazed by how detail orientated he was. My husband and I met with Michael at his studio on a weekday at around 6:00 but like typical Dallas fashion the traffic was awful and we were running about an hour late I called... Read More Michael to let him know and he was extremely understanding and told us to simply get here safe and don't stress. Once we arrived at the studio he asked a lot of questions about our relationship, families, guest, and what we had envisioned for the wedding. His main concern was making sure he really knew us. Then Michael built a detailed timeline for the wedding day from what time he would show up to the when the send off would be. This was all before we said we were going to sign the contract with him. Once we signed with Michael he kept in constant contact with us. The biggest thing he did to make our day perfect was the work he did with our first dance which was 2 songs I picked one and my husband pick another and Michael blended them together to make a perfect example of our relationship. He did the same thing with the father daughter dance which was 7 songs blended in to 1. I cannot thank Michael l for how special he made our wedding day. I could not have asked for a more caring, detailed, fun, and hard working person to share our wedding day with.

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Nikki O

Ok so full disclosure here, I am a wedding DJ myself, so the expectations for my wedding DJ were extremely high! It was the main question I got from people aside from “so when’s the date?”… There was just no question about hiring Michael as our DJ. He has the most ridiculously... Read More vast musical knowledge I’ve ever seen, which was perfect for us because I’m a soul/hip hop/R&B girl and my (now) husband is a country/top 40 guy. Michael made our wedding a wonderful experience through the music he played from ceremony down to the very last song. And during the reception, our dance floor was packed and guests were dancing and having a blast the entire time! Michael knows when and how long to play songs, is a fabulous MC, and overall just a first class professional. You will not regret hiring him, he’s truly the best!!!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Summer P

Mike Roos is an amazing DJ! He really knows weddings, he was able to walk us through the entire process from before the ceremony all the way until our grand exit! He learned about us and our style, and also felt the mood of the guests. He kept the reception lively and upbeat. I... Read More can't say enough good things about Mike and True DJ's!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Sarah N

My husband and I loved working with True DJs of Dallas! Michael and Joe were great from the start--they really knew what they were talking about, they guided us through the process of laying out our wedding, and at the end of the night, everyone was dancing! We really felt... Read More supported by them, and we can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Susan R

My fiance Evan and I interviewed numerous DJs and as soon as we met Michael we knew within 10 seconds we wanted HIM! Michael is so organized and does not play explicit lyrics (which was important to this Southern Baptist girl). His website was so easy to use (even for a person... Read More not good with technology like me). His wedding timeline was perfect--when we couldn't think if a wedding exit song his idea was genius. At the reception, he dressed in a beautiful grey suit which matched out wedding colors. We give DJ Michael Roos 10 stars--he is the real deal and the absolute BEST at his profession.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Erin P

When you get compliments about the DJ, weeks after your wedding, you know you did it right. Mike loves what he does, and takes it very seriously. He is professional to the n'th degree, while being fun and compassionate to your desires for your big day. He seriously wants to know... Read More all types of music you both like so that he can incorporate as much as possible about you both, into your day - and he does it! As only 2 small examples, my husband likes Tool, and Michael nailed it and incorporated the perfect spot of the perfect Tool song into our initial walk into the reception as husband and wife - it was AWESOME, while I wanted a specific, sappy country song after our first dance, and he found it and plugged it in perfectly. We were having a fairly intimate wedding, only 70 people total, of all ages, but mostly a bit older, and he was on point making sure people were moving, up and talking, dancing, enjoying the night. He checked in with us often during our year long engagement, asking questions, getting updates - which vendors are we using, do we need referrals for anything - makeup, hair, food, bartenders, cars, cakes... nothing went undone or unknown about our big day. He even goes so far as to set up a timeline for the big day so there is no reason for confusion or wondering what is done and when, which was huge for me to be able to relax and just enjoy the moments. As my father was going to be making a speech, Mike took him aside and explained how to use the microphone - little things like that that simply make the whole day as smooth as silk. Our photographer wanted to have a bit more time after the ceremony to take pics in the vineyard, so I asked Mike if that would be ok, since he was going to be playing music during the pre-reception time, to which Mike said "absolutely, it's your day, enjoy it!!" I would have expected anyone else to throw a fit that another vendor was trying to change the timeline, not Mike, he rolls with the punches and makes sure your day is golden. I enjoyed and trusted him so much that I even asked if he would be our officiant - best decision ever. He put in some funny spots to our vows, which were personalized, and was very much a part of bringing my husband and I together that day. He even brought in Jeremy Duke to assist. He worked the ceremony music and speakers, and anything else needed, as the ceremony was outdoors and they wanted to make sure everything was taken care of and smooth. Jeremy was just as spot-on as him. Sidenote: I texted him the other day to say I had to pull over when a song came on the radio that he'd played at our wedding, and I was so happy with the memories of that night that I couldn't see through the tears to drive. I would hire him again, in a New York minute - 100%