Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment

2925 Elm Street, Dallas, TX U.S.A. (469) 702-1970

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Timothy A

If your looking for a DJ that's down to earth, easy to work with, professional, knows how to read a crowd and can make an event magical then True DJ's of Dallas is who you are looking for. 5 stars isn't enough stars to rate how great he helped make our wedding. Thank you again... Read More Michael and True DJ's of Dallas.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Shelby V

BEST. DJ. EVER. Seriously--our first DJ double-booked and my mom contacted Michael because he is a preferred vendor at my venue. He was free on my wedding day and boy am I thankful! The first time we met, my mom and I were blown away at his wedding timeline process. He helped us... Read More form a wedding timeline and got a feel for how our wedding would flow. You get access to a website where that timeline is and get to pick songs for all of the different events. It's awesome! Michael contacted me multiple times before the wedding to check in. On my wedding day he got everything set up (hours early might I add) and from there it was perfect. He kept things running smoothly the entire night. He even mixed a song (I don't know what DJs call it) for my father/daughter dance. We did a break out dance to Thriller. It was such a pleasure to work with Michael. He truly cares about your big day and it's obvious. You finish doing business with him feeling like you've got a new hip uncle! Really--stop looking and book with True DJs of Dallas!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Brittani B

My sister used Michael at her wedding in 2016 and he was Phenomenal, when I started planning my wedding for 2017 the first thing I told her was I wished he could be my DJ but we were trying to keep the cost of my wedding down to use more for the Honeymoon. So instead we hired... Read More someone from the family who was supposed to take care of us but instead called THE DAY BEFORE the wedding and canceled... I was in pure panic mode because I knew being that my wedding was in a bar scene that the DJ was crucial. My sister being the lovely person she is called DJ Michael on speed dial and told him what was going on and was hoping she could surprise me with him on my day unfortunately (in a good way) he had an invite for that night but worked with her in her pricing (being the DAY BEFORE my wedding) and had one of his other DJS Nick at Night avaliable not only did he show up and show out he practiced for my wedding for 24 hours before coming just to make sure he was on point! Talk about DJS that put time and dedication into their events he also showed up 3 hours early just to make sure he had it all down. We hired him til 10 but The Groom and I made sure our crowd tipped him well and ourselves because he was such a great dj he didnt mind staying an extra 30 minutes to play music as the guest exited the venue. He was the first one on the dance floor to lead the whip and nae nae and cupid shuffle (trust me i needed his lead) lol and even grabbed the single ladies and got them on the dance floor! Of course The Groom and I made the wedding amazing but Nick at Night truely pulled this wedding together and was the icing on the CAKE!!!! Can't wait for our next event with these guys! 👍👍💜💜💜 #truedjsofdallas

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Nicola R

MICHAEL ROOS RULES. I cannot accurately express how much I loved working with Michael and True DJ’s of Dallas. It was like talking and planning with an old friend – he’s so down to earth and is quick to understand personal (music) style. My husband and I grew up listening to... Read More everything from the 60s-80s and we knew that we, and our wedding guests, would enjoy that genre of music for the wedding. Everything he played was absolutely perfect. He was gracious enough to even download a song that my mom requested that wasn’t in his library (Mary Poppins – super obscure but meant a lot to us). From the quick and easy planning process to the day of, Michael’s services were better than anything we could have imagined. Honestly I wish we could get married again just to experience the whole process again. My favorite part? The monthly WOOOHOOO emails reminding us of our wedding countdown!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Kim P

We love Michael with True DJs of Dallas!! Michael was super responsive along the way, always professional, an AWESOME DJ, and an all-around great guy. The sound equipment was top-notch and versatile, and he really kept the crowd energetic and on the dance floor the whole... Read More evening! Michael also provided us with excellent advise about the timeline, which really helped us out. Michael was a phenomenal DJ, and we would recommend him over and over again!!

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Callie T

Working with Michael Roos of True DJs of Dallas was an absolute breeze from start to finish. He was prompt to respond to my emails and extremely warm and friendly from the beginning, which made me feel comfortable right away. My (now) husband and I met with him at his studio... Read More (which is SO cool) several times before our wedding date and it was SO comforting. He's extremely experienced and you will 100% get a sense of that just from speaking with him. He's cool, calm and collected and truly listens to what you want. The website True DJs of Dallas provides for its customers is amazing and let's you customize your preferred playlist and event. It's so easy. Michael made our wedding reception run so seamlessly and for that I am forever grateful. I received so many compliments on him throughout the evening. I would 120% use True DJs of Dallas again. Bravo.

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Raegan D

I couldn't have been more please with the experience I had using Michael as my DJ at the wedding. From the very first conversation we had, I knew I needed him as the DJ and when I hired him, he proceeded to exeed all of my expectations. He was so great to work with and would... Read More recommend him to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Elyse D

My husband and I were so lucky to have found Michael and the True DJs of Dallas. We did not get to have Michael as the actual DJ at our wedding, but he was able to recommend who would be best for us from his company. Michael was very thorough and communicative throughout the... Read More whole process. I never had a question that the music would not be just right for the event. He pays attention to detail and works with you to plan the perfect timeline for the event that also reflects your musical style and overall taste. We gave a list of recommendations for the cocktail hour and reception. All of my top requests were played and Wiz was able to get a feel for my music aesthetic and played songs that I loved and either forgot to request or hadn't heard yet. I would highly recommend using the True DJs of Dallas. You will have one less thing to worry about if you let them take care of your music.

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Devan G

Micheal was amazing! He officiated and was the DJ on our big day. We asked for a fun, upbeat, relaxed vibe for our wedding and he met those expectations. He had our friends and family laughing and dancing all night. He stayed in contact with me up until the big day and helped... Read More me anyway he could. I would highly recommend him for any occasion.

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Morgan Mayhall M

Michael did a wonderful job at our wedding! From the first meeting when we sat down to discuss the type of music we wanted at our wedding he was professional and organized. He took the time to get to know us and our personalities and planned our music accordingly. The day of the... Read More wedding went very smoothly and a lot of that was because Michael took control of the evening and had everything organized. He was a great person to work with and I would highly recommend him for any event or wedding!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Saige B

From the first time talking with Michael on the phone I was amazed by how detail orientated he was. My husband and I met with Michael at his studio on a weekday at around 6:00 but like typical Dallas fashion the traffic was awful and we were running about an hour late I called... Read More Michael to let him know and he was extremely understanding and told us to simply get here safe and don't stress. Once we arrived at the studio he asked a lot of questions about our relationship, families, guest, and what we had envisioned for the wedding. His main concern was making sure he really knew us. Then Michael built a detailed timeline for the wedding day from what time he would show up to the when the send off would be. This was all before we said we were going to sign the contract with him. Once we signed with Michael he kept in constant contact with us. The biggest thing he did to make our day perfect was the work he did with our first dance which was 2 songs I picked one and my husband pick another and Michael blended them together to make a perfect example of our relationship. He did the same thing with the father daughter dance which was 7 songs blended in to 1. I cannot thank Michael l for how special he made our wedding day. I could not have asked for a more caring, detailed, fun, and hard working person to share our wedding day with.

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Nikki O

Ok so full disclosure here, I am a wedding DJ myself, so the expectations for my wedding DJ were extremely high! It was the main question I got from people aside from “so when’s the date?”… There was just no question about hiring Michael as our DJ. He has the most ridiculously... Read More vast musical knowledge I’ve ever seen, which was perfect for us because I’m a soul/hip hop/R&B girl and my (now) husband is a country/top 40 guy. Michael made our wedding a wonderful experience through the music he played from ceremony down to the very last song. And during the reception, our dance floor was packed and guests were dancing and having a blast the entire time! Michael knows when and how long to play songs, is a fabulous MC, and overall just a first class professional. You will not regret hiring him, he’s truly the best!!!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Summer P

Mike Roos is an amazing DJ! He really knows weddings, he was able to walk us through the entire process from before the ceremony all the way until our grand exit! He learned about us and our style, and also felt the mood of the guests. He kept the reception lively and upbeat. I... Read More can't say enough good things about Mike and True DJ's!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Sarah N

My husband and I loved working with True DJs of Dallas! Michael and Joe were great from the start--they really knew what they were talking about, they guided us through the process of laying out our wedding, and at the end of the night, everyone was dancing! We really felt... Read More supported by them, and we can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Susan R

My fiance Evan and I interviewed numerous DJs and as soon as we met Michael we knew within 10 seconds we wanted HIM! Michael is so organized and does not play explicit lyrics (which was important to this Southern Baptist girl). His website was so easy to use (even for a person... Read More not good with technology like me). His wedding timeline was perfect--when we couldn't think if a wedding exit song his idea was genius. At the reception, he dressed in a beautiful grey suit which matched out wedding colors. We give DJ Michael Roos 10 stars--he is the real deal and the absolute BEST at his profession.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Erin P

When you get compliments about the DJ, weeks after your wedding, you know you did it right. Mike loves what he does, and takes it very seriously. He is professional to the n'th degree, while being fun and compassionate to your desires for your big day. He seriously wants to know... Read More all types of music you both like so that he can incorporate as much as possible about you both, into your day - and he does it! As only 2 small examples, my husband likes Tool, and Michael nailed it and incorporated the perfect spot of the perfect Tool song into our initial walk into the reception as husband and wife - it was AWESOME, while I wanted a specific, sappy country song after our first dance, and he found it and plugged it in perfectly. We were having a fairly intimate wedding, only 70 people total, of all ages, but mostly a bit older, and he was on point making sure people were moving, up and talking, dancing, enjoying the night. He checked in with us often during our year long engagement, asking questions, getting updates - which vendors are we using, do we need referrals for anything - makeup, hair, food, bartenders, cars, cakes... nothing went undone or unknown about our big day. He even goes so far as to set up a timeline for the big day so there is no reason for confusion or wondering what is done and when, which was huge for me to be able to relax and just enjoy the moments. As my father was going to be making a speech, Mike took him aside and explained how to use the microphone - little things like that that simply make the whole day as smooth as silk. Our photographer wanted to have a bit more time after the ceremony to take pics in the vineyard, so I asked Mike if that would be ok, since he was going to be playing music during the pre-reception time, to which Mike said "absolutely, it's your day, enjoy it!!" I would have expected anyone else to throw a fit that another vendor was trying to change the timeline, not Mike, he rolls with the punches and makes sure your day is golden. I enjoyed and trusted him so much that I even asked if he would be our officiant - best decision ever. He put in some funny spots to our vows, which were personalized, and was very much a part of bringing my husband and I together that day. He even brought in Jeremy Duke to assist. He worked the ceremony music and speakers, and anything else needed, as the ceremony was outdoors and they wanted to make sure everything was taken care of and smooth. Jeremy was just as spot-on as him. Sidenote: I texted him the other day to say I had to pull over when a song came on the radio that he'd played at our wedding, and I was so happy with the memories of that night that I couldn't see through the tears to drive. I would hire him again, in a New York minute - 100%

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Linda W

We hired True DJs of Dallas for our wedding reception. Our crowd was an older crowd in their 40's and had kids. We love classic rock for music but also wanted it with an elegant twist. Not only did Michael and Wiz delivered, they went beyond my expectations. They were... Read More awesome. Their professionalism was outstanding. Being there several hours early for setup, coordination with the wedding coordinator, we had nothing to worry about. From string quartet music performing Classic Rock songs during cocktail hour to awesome music for the reception. We had kids cutting a rug out on the dance floor the whole evening. When Wiz asked if he could play some country and western for our redneck family, we said ok. The adults took over the dance floor and had a blast. For a DJ to switch gears like that and make it flow smoothly, was awesome. We are 100% satisfied with the services from True DJs of Dallas performed and would hire them again hands down. They were worth ever penny.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Abby B

When I began my wedding planning, I thought I could save some money by using an IPOD or CD with my venue's sound system. I figured that would be simple and easy to do. But the more I thought about it, it seemed it would be much easier for someone else to do it. I had gone to the... Read More Dallas Bridal Show and a lot of the DJs were bothering me with calls and it was getting frustrating. The crowd at my wedding was going to be mainly older people who are pretty religious. I told a couple DJ companies about the crowd I expected and some of them even told me "Wow, yeah thats going to be a boring wedding!" (How dare they!) I got an email from Michael Roos at True DJs of Dallas and I thought, what the heck, I'll call and see what he has to offer. From just talking to him on the phone, I instantly felt like he had my wedding in mind and considered every single aspect I was saying. He listened to all my details and concerns and put me totally at ease. He invited me and my fiance to his studio and showed us his gear, and MOST IMPORTANTLY - he created the freaking timeline of events for us! I had no idea who would do that or what order things normally go in, but he had all of that PERFECTLY laid out ahead of time and even asked if we wanted to add things he had heard of in the past. We literally would NOT have had any clue on a timeline without him. He let me call and email suggestions/ideas any time I felt I needed to and always responded very promptly. He is extremely professional and also a GREAT buddy to have around when everything gets stressful. He even made a whole trip (1.5 hours out of his way) to the venue so we could go over how the bride's entrance music would play. I'm not kidding guys, this man is fantastic! He arrived to the venue on our wedding day ON TIME (the ONLY vendor we had that did so) and he coordinated the music for our ceremony as well as the reception. He had a minimalistic setup but he was plenty loud for the giant room we had. I didnt think my guests would have much to say about the music, since it is mainly in the background of events, but so many people commented on his song choices (from him reading the crowd!) and they loved how personable he was when he was announcing events. We didn't have a "bumpin" crowd - heck we didnt even have a designated time for dancing since it was a day wedding - but he absolutely KILLED it. He kept the room laughing, he was extremely professional and conversational with everyone and it was so fantastic. *He even let me know that a vendor showed up late to hang a drapery - and I got all my money back because HE TOOK PICTURES FOR ME!!!!!! I mean, he seriously did it all. And then some. I am not joking or being dramatic, Michael was the absolute best person to have at our wedding and I seriously think a lot of things would've gone wrong without him. Thank you so much, True DJs of Dallas!!!!!! I am forever grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Lauren B

Michael is the absolute best! It was so much fun meeting with him and discussing our vision for the wedding! He has a website program that makes it easy to plan out your whole wedding scheduke and music soundtrack- if that is your thing! We ended up giving Michael a list of our... Read More favorite artists and he did the rest! Every song he played was perfect and he definitely kept the dance floor packed! It was so comforting to have a professional for who was willing to listen to your ideas but also had the expertise to read the crowd and select the perfect song! I highly recommend!!! Thank you Michael for helping make our day PERFECT! -- Jordan and Lauren

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Sara H

Where to start? When my wife and I met Michael at the Dallas Bridal Show we were wholly unconvinced that we even needed a DJ. We were on a relatively tight budget and had figured that an iPod and a decent playlist would do the job. But Michael did so much more than just play... Read More music. The first thing he did was ask questions about the schedule and the guests that brought up things that my wife and I had not even considered. We sat down with him for a free consultation and walked away convinced that he was worth the money if only for all the help he would offer in planning our reception! And he nailed the reception! He read our guests and adjusted the music accordingly. He kept the reception moving along and flowing smoothly. My wife and I didn't have to worry about making sure everything happened, Michael made sure they did! We both really enjoyed working with Michael and recommend him highly!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Christopher P

Mike Roos DJ'd our wedding in June 2016 and my wife and I couldn't have been more pleased. We went through the day-of timeline noting which songs should be played when; this eliminated the need for a wedding planner as we used that timeline for our other notes and shared it with... Read More vendors and family. Mike showed up early the day of to ensure his setup was ready for action. We were informed early on that if anything were to happen a backup was ready to step in, which is such a relief and was one less thing we needed to worry about. He worked with us to make sure the Processional/Recessional songs were exactly what we wanted and offered valuable input into parts of the wedding we weren't quite sure of. From start to finish Mike kept the evening flowing smoothly, the party going and people on the dancefloor! I would (and do) highly recommend Mike and True DJs of Dallas to friends and family for their weddings and events.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Vanessa R

The DJ can make or break your wedding reception. My only tip, hire Michael Roos! You will be beyond impressed. Michael isn't your typical DJ. He does more than just show up and play music. He is emotionally invested into your wedding. Michael got to know Cannon & I prior to our... Read More wedding, and he also got to know what our family and guests would be like. That helped give him an idea of what we like to hear and what we know our guests will like. Michael did our music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He met and exceeded every measure of what we wanted for our wedding day. I am still getting compliments on the music, and our wedding was weeks ago. Michael read the crowd and played the music that went for the type of guests we had at our wedding. He can please the line dancers, the freestylers, or the good ole sit and chatters. Our best man had an unexpected death in the family, the night prior to the wedding. The speech he wrote was so breath-taking, we asked Michael to read it at our reception and Michael obliged. He seriously feels like a part of our family, and we could not have asked for or hired a better DJ.

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Tia W

Michael was amazing & made this stage simple! He was prompt as promised. Very professional. Thank you!

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Shelby M

Michael is amazing!! I wouldn't have been able to chose a better DJ

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Jasmine W

Michael was amazing and made our day so special. He knew all the right songs to play to get everyone out of their seats!