Making Life's Special Moments More Beautiful

True Grace is home to Upstate NY's Wedding Makeup Specialist, Jennifer McCarthy Norton. Never a heavy-handed makeup artist, Jennifer's dedication to making women look good and feel beautiful is why she has been the most sought after Makeup artist in Upstate NY for over 10 years.

Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists, Beauty

ALBANY, NY (518) 330-3496

8.3.2013 wedding

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Catherine G

Love, Love, Love True Grace makeup!!! Jennifer and Chris did such an amazing job on everyone's makeup for the wedding! They made our mothers feel comfortable while giving each bridesmaid the fun and fabulous looks they each wanted. Our group of girls was looking for a fun,... Read More stress free and upbeat day while getting ready for the wedding and True Grace Makeup provided just that! All of bridesmaids kept commenting on how happy they were with the make up and experience. I have been in a lot of weddings and the hair and makeup has been a disaster! I was so happy and relieved to work with people that were on the same page as us and really know their stuff! They use high quality products, arrived on time and never made us feel rushed. I would recommend True Grace Makeup to any bride!!!

Best make up artist ever!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2013 gina v

Jen is a miracle worker. From the first time I met her I knew she would do an amazing job. She is professional, personable and passionate about what she does. Her bubbly personality put me at ease. I don't wear a lot of make up and wanted a very natural look. Jen knew right away... Read More what would look good on me. She came to my house for the trial appointment and to the venue the day of the wedding. My family and bridal party absolutely loved her. She had everyone laughing, and talking right up to the ceremony. I received so many compliments on my make up, people told me I never looked more beautiful. They wanted to know where I found Jen. I spoke with many people before Jen and was shocked at how reasonable her prices were compared to everyone. Her prices, experience and personality are second to none. Selecting Jen to do my make up was the best decision I made. I can not thank her enough for making me look and feel like a princess.

Wedding makeup

Reviewed on 6/05/2013 Danielle W

Jen and Chris were absolutely incredible! I woke up on my wedding day to a rainy and cold day and they walked through the door and took my day from drab to fab! Not only did my makeup look amazing but they were so personable and fit right in with my family and friends! It was... Read More like they were part of the wedding, so much so that we invited them to stay for it! I got SO many compliments on how beautiful I looked that day and my makeup stayed flawless until I washed my face the next morning! Through tears, hugs, and lots of rain I had no worries about my makeup. Thank you so much Jen and Chris... you guys are the best!!!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Anna B

Chris and Jenn and the absolute best people to work with and to have be a part of your big day! Their relaxed attitude and awesome sense of humor makes the time getting ready with your girls so much fun. I am someone who wears literally no make up. I wear bronzer to not look... Read More like a ghost and that is absolutely it. I'm embarrassed to admit, but I didn't even know what foundation was when Jenn was asking me questions! Needless to say, when I have been in wedding or going to special events and getting my makeup done, I leave not looking like myself, which I absolutely hate. Jenn is the only professional that I have worked with that actually listened to me, and made me look like me. Anyone can doll someone up and just throw makeup on their face. It's so important you have someone like Jenn to listen to what you want! Chris did a phenomenal job with my hair, giving me a chic, sexy look, yet still classy. It was everything I wanted. His humor is exactly what you need while getting ready with your girls! They both are such a wonderful duo and work so well together. Thank you Jenn and Chris! ❤️

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Chris N

I received a recommendation from my venue about Truce Grace Makeup. Not being from the Albany area, I was very hesitant on who I would select to do my hair/makeup for my wedding. From the very beginning, Jen made working with her a pleasure. Both Jen and Chris were very warm... Read More and welcoming the day I first met them at my trial. The environment was relaxed and cheerful. I showed them some inspirational pictures off my 10,000 Pinterest wedding board. Needless to say the results were stunning! In addition, I happened to set up the trial the same day as my engagement photoshoot. Before leaving the salon, Jen touched up my make up while Chris re-curled my hair. When I received my engagement proofs I knew then that I made the best decision to go with Truce Grace Makeup for my wedding. Fast Forward 5 months, two weeks before my wedding I received a phone call from Jen. She just wanted to say hi, finalize some minor day- of details and discuss all of my wedding plans. When I hung up the phone, I wondered if I spoke to my makeup artist or a long time girlfriend. The day of the wedding was a blur. When people say it goes by quick, enjoy your day...BOY were they right! Jen and Chris arrived to my suite on time. I was again greeted with warm hugs and bright smiles. Both of them were so accommodating to scheduling in unexpected family who saw their work and wanted to look glamorous as well! Periodically Chris would check in with me to make sure I was ok. "Do you need anything bride?" or he would turn up the music and start dancing. He is extremely personable and connected with each one of girls. Chris was a great asset to my day and helped keep my nerves in check! I don't know where to begin with writing my review for Truce Grace Makeup. I felt I had a lot of imperfections with my dress and self image leading up to the day of my wedding. But after Jen and Chris did their thing...I felt like I belonged in a magazine. I remember looking in the mirror while getting dressed with my MOH and mom. I started to cry and said "I have never felt or looked this beautiful in my entire life." I owe this memory and feeling to True Grace Makeup. They are talented and caring individuals who care about the wants/needs of their customers. Jen & Chris- thank you for making me feel and look absolutely stunning on my wedding day <3 Corinne

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Lindsey S

I had the most amazing experience for our wedding!!! They were flexible, entertaining, and most importantly provided flawless hair & makeup for my wedding day. If you are looking for the professionals that will help you to look amazing on your special day, they are a MUST... Read More BOOK!!!!💕💁🏻

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Alyssa S

I cannot express how truly wonderful Jenn & Chris were for my special day. She made the entire process easy & carefree. She was easy to get ahold of, flexible with her hours to shedule my trial, and overall just a sweet, fun, & skilled artist. My mother & mother in law both came... Read More with me to my trail. Both of these women haven't let anyone touch their hair (other than their hair dresser) in 20+ years. They were so impressed with Chris and Jenn's work that they got their hair & makeup done with True Grace Makeup the day of the wedding. To me, that is the one of the highest praises I can give! Ladies, if you are looking for an artist who is professional, reliable, and talented go with True Grace Makeup! I promise you won't be let down!

2016-10-03T18:03:34 Response from the vendor

Your words are so appreciated! Thank you for letting us share in your special day! It means so much to have been there:) Xoxo

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Sara L

From the very beginning I absolutely loved Jennifer & Molly. Jennifer was booked for my wedding date, but Molly was there to make everyone look stunning on the day of. Jennifer handled the contract part & put me in touch with Molly who is part of her team. She is so customer... Read More oriented and extremely responsive. Molly drove 1 hour to do the trial for me and met us at the hotel the morning of the wedding; everything was perfect. She has only the best makeup brands, all water proof, and a talented eye that can only be innate in an artist! She was so funny, professional, and it was evident she just loves what she does. I had a very diverse bridal party who all had very different styles and a VERY picky mom. Molly kept us on schedule throughout and I never had to worry or even think about anything. Everyone felt absolutely gorgeous. Most of all, I felt the most beautiful I ever had in my entire life. I looked flawless. It was the first (second, including trial) time in my life I ever liked my makeup more than what I can do for myself and the best part was I still looked like myself. I wish I could have her do my makeup everyday! Seriously look no further than Jennifer & Molly to take care of you on your wedding day!! She gave me touch up lipstick & mascara to take with me to venue also but I didn't even need it because my makeup didn't budge on a hot august night where I was crying at all. THANK YOU & I'll miss working with you both!!

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Adriann R

I can't recommend Jen at True Grace (and Chris, who did our hair) highly enough! They are true professionals with so much experience getting everything perfectly right, but are also so much fun to be around--they were truly the highlight of getting ready for the wedding. They... Read More are such pros at making you feel happy, comfortable, and beautiful--what else could you need? I only regret that the wedding is over so I can't hang out with them again.

Reviewed on 5/06/2016 Rheanne M

I just absolutely love Jennifer and Chris! They are an awesome team and they do an amazing job! I couldn't be happier with how my hair and make up came out just on my trial! They make you feel so comfortable! I can not wait for them to come and do my hair and makeup for my... Read More wedding! I would highly recommend them for your hair and make up for your big day!! <3

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Krista B

Jen and Chris are amazing and truly talented at what they do. If I had known how skilled and fun they were I would have booked them immediately after getting engaged! =)

Hair, Makeup and Entertainment

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Christina T

These two are amazing at what they do and great personalities. I went off peoples reviews and just hoped for the best. My trail was so much fun and when I was running late they waited for me bc we were driving from NYC. On the wedding day they were timely and professional but so... Read More much fun. They listened to me and were great at what they do. I trusted their opinion and that made everything go so nicely. My hair and make-up was perfection and so were all my bridesmaids. LOVE LOVE then and highly recommend them.

Beautiful Work

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Jade R

Jen & Chris were AWESOME and I would highly recommend them to anyone needing their hair and/or makeup done. Jen's make-up is top shelf and she knows how to use it. I never put make-up on so I wanted a natural look. Without a cake of make-up, she made me look so beautiful, people... Read More couldn't stop commenting. Chris is so talented with hair and I wish I had the money to hire him to do my hair every day! I simply showed him pictures of what I liked and he worked his magic and my hair was perfect! Many of the other woman in my party had no idea what they wanted and he gave each of them a style they loved. Most brides cry when they find their dress - I cried at my hair and makeup trial. You won't be disappointed by them.

One word... fabulous!

Reviewed on 2/19/2015 Sarah W

When I first booked Jennifer and Chris, I picked them because I was looking for someone who could do "natural beauty". I knew a lot of my photos would be done outside, so wanted someone who could give me a natural look without looking overdone. Jennifer and Chris did all that... Read More and more. Not only did my pictures come out perfect, they are the most fabulous people you will ever meet. Jennifer and Chris were honestly one of the best parts of my wedding day. Despite the fact that it was early in the morning, they had myself, my bridesmaids and mom cracking up all morning. We were having too much fun to get the jitters! They got to every single girl without rushing, even though every single party member decided to get an extra service last minute. Even now, my bridesmaids still talk about our experience and all the fun we had that morning.

Wonderful team!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 SooYeon K

Jennifer and Chris are such an amazing team. They showed up at my door right on time, with a BURST of energy… like you opened the door to SUNSHINE and HAPPINESS. My girls & I had the best time ever with them! Not only did they sing along to songs with us, they made each one of... Read More us feel SO special and beautiful. They kept the conversations going, opened up a happy atmosphere and even as they were leaving there were hugs everywhere. My mom ran down the stairs to give her a hug. Not only so, but I changed my mind about the make up and hair after the trial, and they were able to meet everyone of my wishes. My first look in the mirror brought tears and hugs! Everyone of my bridesmaids, my mother, my mother in law, my sister in law… got compliments on how beautiful they looked that day, and it lasted… ALL through the night. They are a wonderful duo, very professional, super positive & easy going. I highly recommend them!

Best of the Best!

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Katie D

I am so so happy I was able to book Jen & Chris of True Grace on my wedding day. First and foremost, their work speaks for itself. They are the best in the biz! I found their style to be a bit more natural, which is what I was looking for. No caked-on foundation or hard... Read More hairspray hair for these two! I actually considered doing my own hair/ makeup or asking a friend to, and boy am I glad I didn't. These two have the wedding-specific know how that make them so perfect for your big day; What looks best in photos, how to make your hair/ makeup stay perfect ALL day, how much time it takes. I absolutely loved the way they did my hair and makeup!! Many of my bridesmaids came up from NYC where they've had hair and makeup done for weddings and they all raved about how amazing Chris and Jen were. And of course, like all the other reviews note, they really do have the best personalities! They're not going to let you dwell on your nerves because they'll keep the mood lighthearted and the laughs coming all day. Jen is just the absolute sweetest, and Chris entertained us with hilarious stories (and made a new best friend in my mom). I was thrilled with the work they did for me, my bridesmaids, mom and aunts, and I can't thank them enough!

Stunning Bride!

Reviewed on 7/10/2014 Christina T

I don't even know where to start; not only are Jen and Chris amazing professionals but they are HILARIOUS! I was planning my daughter's wedding and not living in the area I had to trust pictures and other brides' reviews, which paid off. We first met during Christina's... Read More hair/makeup trial and right off the bat I knew we were all a perfect match. They made us feel at ease, worked with all of our suggestions and the trial went smoothly. Jen made her look her natural self but enhanced features for a perfect look; Chris worked his magic and her hair was stunning even for the trial. Of course, like many brides day of wedding came and my daughter completely changed her mind on style. We were worried but as the true professionals they are, Chris didn't even flinch. We showed him the picture and he went to work; the end product was perfection. Jen and Chris made us all look amazing and I credit them for keeping her calm with their humor and antics that kept her relaxed and enjoying her day. If you want to look amazing and have fun getting ready on your special day, then this dynamic duo of Jen and Chris is the team for you.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/10/2014 samantha m

They were nothing short of absolutely AMAZING. Jennifer and Chris did my trial hair and make-up a week before the wedding and I had so much fun with them, and I don't usually wear make-up she used a great product that didn't make anything feel too heavy at all. Didn't pressure... Read More me into any one thing and basically told me whatever I want more of or anything like that, to let her know and she'd change it up for the day of! She's such a sweetheart and absolutely hilarious. Chris too, he's so nice and funny, they are an absolute blast to work with. I was worried about what he could do with my hair as its very curly and not very long right now, its right around my shoulders now, so I wasn't sure how we would do an up do. But he did and I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup. They are affordable and like I said do amazing work and they are an absolute blast to work with. My hair held up perfectly and sure as heck like Jenn said that makeup didn't MOVE even when I did cry, nothing ran, smudged or anything, it looked as if I had just gotten it done, all. Day. Long. I am hoping before I move to California I've got a reason to work with at least one of these two again because they are great. I'd recommend them to anyone who needs hair and/or makeup done for any occasion!

Natural yet beautiful

Reviewed on 12/06/2013 Theresa B

I had asked my hairdresser for help locating a makeup artist for my wedding day. She recommended Jennifer and Chris, and they showed up on my wedding day and did an awesome job. Thank you so much

True Grace Makeup ( Jennifer McCarthy & Team) A++

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 ashley k

True Grace Makeup gets an A++ in my book! they made me and all my girls in the wedding look and feel amazing. We had a blast and so many laughs. Future brides I suggest using True Grace Makeup they were to my house on time, they finished everyone in a timely fashion and gave us... Read More enough time to relax before the craziness began! We didn't have to rush through anyone's makeup, and they catered to everyone's makeup preference. If you want reliable service from very talented people use True Grace. -Ashley Hilton

Jen and Chris are AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 Erica C

Jen and Chris are AWESOME! I was very hesitant about having my makeup done for my wedding, probably because I've seen a lot of bad makeup and I don't wear a lot myself. I was immediately wowed by Jen when I met with her months before my wedding. With all her knowledge and... Read More experience I knew I was in GREAT hands. Jen and Chris were kind enough to come to my hotel the day before the wedding for my trial since I live in Rochester. This was GREAT and another example of what they'll do for their clients. As soon as they arrived it was like they were old friends, no nerves what so ever! Chris immediately knew what I wanted done with my hair and Jen's vision for my makeup was perfect. The next day they arrived for the wedding and the party continued. Chris did an amazing job on the girls hair, by just talking to the girls he was able to style them and they absolutely loved his work. Jen went above and beyond with our makeup and we all looked stunning. I have never felt so beautiful and received compliments all night on how natural and beautiful my hair and makeup looked. We continued to look gorgeous for the whole day and night as well, even with all the hugging, crying, and dancing we did! I can not recommend Jen and Chris enough, they really are THE BEST! You would be so lucky to have them with you on your big day!

Perfection

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Ashley L

Jen and Chris were phenomenal. I knew I wanted hair & makeup to come to us, and being a long distance bride, I relied heavily on reviews like this, and website photos. I had a connection with Jen right away while booking her and Chris way ahead of my wedding. Finally meeting... Read More them at my trial run was amazing. They both knew exactly what I envisioned, and executed perfectly... in the midst of a ton of laughs! I knew I had made the right choice. Chris and Jen put both myself and my mom (who was very hesitant) completely at ease. Day of came, and the girls, my mom and I looked perfect! Between the mist/rain for some pictures(and my refusal of an umbrella), our dance party of a reception, and the after party, my makeup and hair stayed flawless and perfect. Best of all, I looked like the bride I had wanted to be. Thank you both, you are incredible artists!!

September 14th 2013 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 roxanne p

I cannot say enough great things about Jen and Chris. Not only are they talented, knowledgeable artists but also two of the most genuine people I have ever met. They really put my nerves at ease as they use their expertise, laughter and listening skills to give me a flawless,... Read More beautiful, natural, modern bridal look. They listened to my mom's and I preferences and did not stop trying different looks until we were satisfied. They are very patient especially with myself who is very indecisive and didn't really know much about makeup hahaha! I didn't only look and feel my best on my wedding day but I also learned daily makeup tips. The only negative I can write is that they are not around to make me laugh and do my makeup/hair everyday !

I LOVE Jen and Chris!

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Lisa D

I LOVE Jen and Chris! At first I was not going to hire a makeup artist but after hearing the glowing reviews of Jen from a friend at work I booked her a year in advance! I am so so so so SO glad I did! Jen made me feel like we were old friends when we spoke on the phone. Jen and... Read More Chris (amazing hair stylist) came to my house to do my makeup and hair trial and also came to my room at my wedding venue. They were hysterical and a lot of fun! All of my bridesmaids were laughing with them and having a great time which actually calmed my nerves. I do not wear a lot of makeup normally and I am so glad I hired Jen and Chris because they made me look awesome. The makeup stayed on all day and did not come off even when I was crying! I want to get married again just so I can re-hire them! ha ha I would definitely recommend them to any bride, you won't regret it!

Could not have been better!

Reviewed on 7/18/2013 Amanda D

Jen and Chris are simply the most professional fun and loving people to surround you on your wedding day. Not only do they do a terrific job but you will laugh the whole time. Top Quality, Top Choice, Top Love in the Capital Region. xoxo