Truebutterfleyes Make up Artistry

My name is Michelle and I'm a NJ licensed Cosmetologist. I'm friendly, passionate and excited to be a part of your day! I love what I do.. and I love my clients! All inquiries welcome! No wedding party is too large or too small! On Facebook @www.facebook.com/truebutterfleyes Follow on IG @truebutterfleyes

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Old Bridge, NJ we are available in NJ, NY, PA, CT (201) 953-4894
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Lauren S

I was referred to Michelle by many of her previous brides, and I am so glad I was! As soon as I contacted Michelle she was so responsive, and was able to set a trial up right away. I knew from the beginning I had to have her do my makeup the day of my wedding. I wanted a... Read More natural yet glamorous look on my wedding day, and that is exactly what Michelle gave me. She made me feel the way every bride should. My mom, bridesmaids, and I looked and felt absolutely stunning thanks to Michelle. Not only is she amazing at what she does she is also such a sweet and genuine person who truly loves what she does. I can't recommend Michelle enough!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Danielle S

Michelle did an amazing job for my wedding!! I read a ton of reviews and emailed a few people before scheduling a trial with Michelle. She was very warm in her emails and her pricing was the best I had seen. She came all the way to my apartment to do my trial and did such an... Read More amazing job! I loved that she listened to exactly what I said. She arrived on the day of my wedding early and remained on schedule. I also had reservations about her bringing a second artist that I didn't know -- I had bad experiences in the past -- but she assured me she was very qualified for the job and I trusted her. We were all so happy with the makeup Michelle did on my wedding day that two of the girls there reached out to her about using her for their weddings. Can't recommend Michelle enough!!!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Germania E

I found Michelle from Truebutterfleye on the Knot around August 2015. I called to schedule a trial soon after, and she was very accommodating, She made sure to fit her schedule around mine.I loved my makeup trial that I decided to book Michelle for my wedding that very same... Read More day. Michelle email me 2 weeks before my wedding with a schedule for all the ladies that were getting makeup done and to confirm the time. She makes sure if she is going to need help to bring with her another GREAT!! makeup artistry . On my wedding day, they were absolutely AMAZING! They did makeup for me, and 10 more ladies and even gave my niece a little makeup to make her feel like a "big girl"... They did such a wonderful job. every single one of us loved how we looked. I HIGHLY recommend Michelle for your wedding day... she will exceed all of your expectations :) She made me feel and look like a princess! Thanks Michelle!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Laure M

Michelle from Truebutterflyes is the absolute best makeup artist around. If you are looking for someone that is talented and professional, stop looking anywhere else. I can't say enough good things about her. Not only is she talented but she is SO nice and patient. You have to... Read More be a certain kind of person to be around stressed brides and bridesmaids for 6+ hours. If anything, she made me feel calmer. She was prompt, stayed on schedule and redid my makeup after I cried without the blink of an eye. She has done my makeup for my girlfriend's wedding and my wedding and she will be doing my makeup for many more weddings because all of my friends want to hire her. I highly recommend you hire Michelle for your wedding day. She will exceed all of your expectations.

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Elizabeth F

Michelle and her team were amazing! They showed up right on time and got to work right away. Very friendly, outgoing, and easy to talk to. They made my bridal party feel beautiful , and the makeup didn't move all night! They made me feel like a princess for my special day and I... Read More cant thank them enough. Well done ladies! I will be recommending you to everyone I know.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Melissa D

I was so impressed with Michelle. At my first initial meeting with her, I explained how it was important to me that my makeup stay true to who I am as a person. I didn’t want my makeup to look “heavy” on my wedding day. I couldn’t be more impressed with how my makeup came out... Read More on my wedding day. Thank you so much Michelle for making me look beautiful on my special day. I received so many complements on how my makeup looked “natural”. Beautiful job! Highly recommend Michelle, she’s awesome.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Brianna E

Michelle is simply amazing! I was introduced to her when my sister hired her to do the make up for her wedding, and I was immediately impressed by Michelle's creativity, clean work, ability to keep my look natural, kindness, and professionalism. She was prompt, and had so many... Read More options that she brings with her! When I got engaged two years laters, Michelle was my obvious choice for both my engagement pictures and wedding day! I have been in so many weddings and I am always disappointed in other artists' skillsi- I have been spoiled with Michelle! I am so thankful I found a reliable make up artist, as she is truly unique and one of a kind!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Jamie N

I cannot say one bad thing about Michelle! From the moment I met her I felt comfortable! She did an amazing job with the trial and an ever better job on my wedding day to make me a beautiful bride! She was extremely great with communication throughout wedding planning. She's so... Read More sweet and exceptionally talented at doing bridal makeup. I would definitely recommend her to future brides! Thank you so much Michelle!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Jaclyn A

Michelle did the makeup for my bridesmaids, the moms & myself for my wedding day on 10/1/17. She did an amazing job! I loved my makeup & so did my girls! I even got compliments from people how pretty my eyes looked when I closed them cuz she did the shadowing so perfectly! I... Read More am a perfectionist & Michelle did a perfect job. I loved everything about the look & she was so flexible to do exactly what I asked for as well as my bridesmaids. Next time I have an event I will be calling michelle again!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Jessica D

I used Truebutterfleyes for my October 6th wedding and had such a great experience with both Michelle and Jamie. Both girls are so sweet, punctual and experts at what they do. They got through hair and makeup for two mothers, five bridesmaids and one bride in a relatively short... Read More amount of time and everyone looked amazing all night long! We were all so impressed and happy with how we turned out -- selfies all night long! I would highly recommend Truebutterfleyes!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Gabriela C

Michelle is truly awesome, I am so happy she did the makeup for my wedding. Michelle was always punctual from the start. My schedule is so crazy and it's hard for me to schedule appointments, yet Michelle was able to accommodate my crazy hours and come to my house for the... Read More makeup trial. She is very professional, and truly listens to what her client wants and delivers 100%. Her prices are very reasonable, and you can tell she cares about her clients as she doesn't overcharge for unnecessary services like other places do. On the day of the wedding, Michelle and her team were right on time. We had myself, 11 bridesmaids, 4 flower girls, about about 5 family members get their makeup done the morning of the wedding. All the girls looked beautiful and all the makeup was completed within schedule. I would definitely recommend True Butterfleyes to any bride for her wedding as well as any other occasion. I will definitely be getting my makeup done with Michelle again on future occasions.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Katrina V

I couldn't have been happier with my make-up! Michelle was a pleasure to work with--patient and accommodating. Looking back at our Wedding pictures, her work was flashless.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Stephanie G

I would recommend Michelle in a heartbeat to any bride looking for a makeup artist! From the beginning, Michelle was extremely response and accommodating. At my trial, I explained how I wanted my wedding day makeup to be more dramatic than my every day look, but I still wanted... Read More to look like myself. Michelle was able to create exactly what I envisioned. During the time between my trial and my wedding day, she kept in contact with me to make sure everything was on track. She emailed a hair/makeup schedule for me and my girls which was extremely helpful in making sure everyone was ready when they needed to be the day of the wedding. My bridesmaids, mother and mother-in-law were all so happy with how their makeup turned out as well. Besides feeling absolutely beautiful, I was so at ease the morning of the wedding because everything was organized and ran so smoothly. Thank you again, Michelle!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Kasey N

I cannot say enough about Michelle and all she did to make my bridal trial/wedding day stress-free and pleasant! I reached out to Michelle to do my bridal trial and I immediately knew that she was who I wanted to do my makeup for my wedding. Anytime I emailed her with questions... Read More she answered immediately which reassured me that I had made the right choice. When I started to think about my trial I got nervous that since I was getting married in the summer I should switch my face makeup, she offered to do another trial-run for free to make sure we perfected it before the day of! Once my wedding day came, she was at my house by 6 am to get me, my 8 bridesmaids and my mom out the door in time for my 11 am church. She has the patience of a saint! We all got compliments throughout the day and even the days after about how great our makeup turned out. I would recommend Michelle to anyone, and if you have a large bridal party, trust me she can handle it!!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Kristen B

I was referred to Michelle by another bride and we were thrilled to find her! Michelle did a fantastic job! She is so kind and made everyone feel beautiful on my wedding day. I would recommend her to anyone looking for makeup on their big day!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Gina C

Michelle did an amazing job on me and all my bridesmaids' makeup on my big day. She was so easy to work with and so sweet!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Sheena J

I was referred to Michelle by my sorority sister and I am so glad I went with her! She is an amazing makeup artist. I wanted full coverage and she perfected that, while at the same time gave my Mom a more natural look. I had a winter wedding and even though it was sleeting and... Read More snowing, her team arrived early and was so happy to be there. My entire bridal party was happy with their results, and it was the best experience ever. Thanks Michelle!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Chelsea C

Michelle was absolutely wonderful. Easy to work with, great at listening to me and helping me refine the look I was going for. I did a test, but I ended up changing things up on the day of my wedding and my makeup came out SO GOOD. I felt amazing and received so many compliments... Read More on my look. I would absolutely hire her again. Michelle also did some work on family members and a bridesmaid or two. Everyone looked great. I also hired Angela through Michelle to do my hair for the event. I did a test with her as well but again changed things up last minute. I told her I wanted something that looked like a cross between Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn. My hair came out amazing. In addition to my hair, Angela did the hair of at least 6 of my bridesmaids. She was efficient with her excellent work. I would hire her again as well.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Lindsay G

Stop searching for a makeup artist and book Michelle right now!!! She is fantastic! I am so blessed to have been able to spend my wedding morning with Michelle as well as Jess from her hair team (Jess is amazing and turns your vision to life!) I had my trial with Michelle back... Read More in February and knew right off the bat that I wanted her to do my makeup for my wedding day! She really listens to what you envision and truly cares about your concerns. She does both traditional or airbrush, I personally went with the airbrush and I looked flawless! She takes her time yet works at the perfect pace to ensure you will NOT be late for pictures etc. My bridesmaids were so happy with their makeup (and hair!!) that my sister-in-law said to me "I wish I knew them when I got married in May!" My mother and mother -in-law were going to do their own makeup up until they saw all of the girls and decided to get their makeup done and we STILL finished on time. ( They didn't want to look too "done up". They wanted a more natural look and when they saw Michele really listened to each bridesmaid's request, they couldn't help themselves!) She really has such a gift and an extraordinary talent, she is super sweet and fun to be around! I am definitely going to book her for future events!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amy H

Michelle and her team did an amazing job!! My bridal party looked beautiful and I was thrilled with how I looked as well. She was on time, always so responsive and such a pleasure to work with!!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Cheryl S

Michelle is an amazing make-up artist and wonderful person. Not only is she extremely talented, she's such a sweet person and an absolute pleasure to work with. She made me look the most beautiful I've ever been. Michelle has the ability to enhance your look and keep it natural.... Read More I felt so gorgeous. I received so many compliments on my makeup. I got my makeup done around 9:00am on an extremely hot July day. My makeup looked flawless the whole day and throughout the night. Michelle's rates are extremely reasonable for her talent. I've seen a lot of other rates from friends and others getting wedding makeup and feel she is extremely fair. Her equipment is clean and sanitary as well. I would highly recommend her services! On an important day, you don't want to have to worry about your vendors - Michelle is someone who will put you at ease and relax you. I felt completely confident in her work and her talent.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Katie L

Michelle did the make up for my wedding. She did an amazing job with the bridal party and with my make up! Michelle listened to each of us and did our make up according to what each individual wanted. She was flexible and took her time, even providing touchups! Our wedding... Read More guests described me as an angel and a princess all night. Thank you Truebutterfleyes!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Amanda L

Michelle was fantastic! As soon as I contacted her she was responsive. We set up a trial right away and she even traveled to me for it. I signed Michelle on for myself, 2 moms, and 5 bridesmaids. On the day of the wedding Michelle was prompt and professional all day as she... Read More worked around all the craziness going on and was even helpful and accommodating when our photographers and videographers wanted to take some footage of us getting make up done. The moms, bridesmaids, and I looked and felt absolutely beautiful thanks to Michelle. I would recommend Michelle to any bride!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Samantha V

Michelle does an absolute STUNNING job!!! I remember when she first started practicing and did my makeup. I absolutely LOVED it! I got so many compliments on it too! Ever since then I would see all of her work on social media and just knew I had to recommend her to my sisters... Read More and anyone else that I knew that was looking for a makeup artist for their special event! Everyone who I've recommended her to fell in LOVE (including me)! They were completely satisfied! Not only does she do an amazing job, but she is also very organized and professional. She is also very sweet and understanding of what you want! I highly recommend that you hire Michelle to do your makeup/hair for your next special event. Not only will she do an excellent job, but she is very dedicated in her passion, and it definitely shows in her work!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Kathleen I

Michelle did a great job making me beautiful on the day of my wedding. When she said she's coming at a specific time she was there. My aunt and my sister loved their make up to. Her hands is real artistic she knows what is best for the bride. I love to work with Michelle she so... Read More nice and fun. Thank you so much for the amzing time and making me like a princess 😊 on the day of my wedding!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 5 stars for Michelle

Michelle Rivera

Make up has always been a part of my life somehow but about 6 yrs ago I decided to make my dream a reality and go to Cosmetology school. After graduating from Christine Valmy in 2011, I decided to start my own business and Truebutterfleyes Make up Artistry was born. After working in different areas of the beauty industry, I decided that bridal was my true love. Nothing makes me happier than being a part of someone's special day! It is because of this love and passion that I have for beauty that I am able to offer all of my clients a very personal beauty experience! Your wedding is my wedding!