Truebutterfleyes Make up Artistry

My name is Michelle and I'm a NJ licensed Cosmetologist. I'm friendly, passionate and excited to be a part of your day! I love what I do.. and I love my clients! All inquiries welcome! No wedding party is too large or too small! On Facebook @www.facebook.com/truebutterfleyes Follow on IG @truebutterfleyes

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Old Bridge, NJ we are available in NJ, NY, PA, CT (201) 953-4894
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Lauren S

I was referred to Michelle by many of her previous brides, and I am so glad I was! As soon as I contacted Michelle she was so responsive, and was able to set a trial up right away. I knew from the beginning I had to have her do my makeup the day of my wedding. I wanted a... Read More natural yet glamorous look on my wedding day, and that is exactly what Michelle gave me. She made me feel the way every bride should. My mom, bridesmaids, and I looked and felt absolutely stunning thanks to Michelle. Not only is she amazing at what she does she is also such a sweet and genuine person who truly loves what she does. I can't recommend Michelle enough!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Danielle S

Michelle did an amazing job for my wedding!! I read a ton of reviews and emailed a few people before scheduling a trial with Michelle. She was very warm in her emails and her pricing was the best I had seen. She came all the way to my apartment to do my trial and did such an... Read More amazing job! I loved that she listened to exactly what I said. She arrived on the day of my wedding early and remained on schedule. I also had reservations about her bringing a second artist that I didn't know -- I had bad experiences in the past -- but she assured me she was very qualified for the job and I trusted her. We were all so happy with the makeup Michelle did on my wedding day that two of the girls there reached out to her about using her for their weddings. Can't recommend Michelle enough!!!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Germania E

I found Michelle from Truebutterfleye on the Knot around August 2015. I called to schedule a trial soon after, and she was very accommodating, She made sure to fit her schedule around mine.I loved my makeup trial that I decided to book Michelle for my wedding that very same... Read More day. Michelle email me 2 weeks before my wedding with a schedule for all the ladies that were getting makeup done and to confirm the time. She makes sure if she is going to need help to bring with her another GREAT!! makeup artistry . On my wedding day, they were absolutely AMAZING! They did makeup for me, and 10 more ladies and even gave my niece a little makeup to make her feel like a "big girl"... They did such a wonderful job. every single one of us loved how we looked. I HIGHLY recommend Michelle for your wedding day... she will exceed all of your expectations :) She made me feel and look like a princess! Thanks Michelle!!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Sheena J

I was referred to Michelle by my sorority sister and I am so glad I went with her! She is an amazing makeup artist. I wanted full coverage and she perfected that, while at the same time gave my Mom a more natural look. I had a winter wedding and even though it was sleeting and... Read More snowing, her team arrived early and was so happy to be there. My entire bridal party was happy with their results, and it was the best experience ever. Thanks Michelle!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Chelsea C

Michelle was absolutely wonderful. Easy to work with, great at listening to me and helping me refine the look I was going for. I did a test, but I ended up changing things up on the day of my wedding and my makeup came out SO GOOD. I felt amazing and received so many compliments... Read More on my look. I would absolutely hire her again. Michelle also did some work on family members and a bridesmaid or two. Everyone looked great. I also hired Angela through Michelle to do my hair for the event. I did a test with her as well but again changed things up last minute. I told her I wanted something that looked like a cross between Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn. My hair came out amazing. In addition to my hair, Angela did the hair of at least 6 of my bridesmaids. She was efficient with her excellent work. I would hire her again as well.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Lindsay G

Stop searching for a makeup artist and book Michelle right now!!! She is fantastic! I am so blessed to have been able to spend my wedding morning with Michelle as well as Jess from her hair team (Jess is amazing and turns your vision to life!) I had my trial with Michelle back... Read More in February and knew right off the bat that I wanted her to do my makeup for my wedding day! She really listens to what you envision and truly cares about your concerns. She does both traditional or airbrush, I personally went with the airbrush and I looked flawless! She takes her time yet works at the perfect pace to ensure you will NOT be late for pictures etc. My bridesmaids were so happy with their makeup (and hair!!) that my sister-in-law said to me "I wish I knew them when I got married in May!" My mother and mother -in-law were going to do their own makeup up until they saw all of the girls and decided to get their makeup done and we STILL finished on time. ( They didn't want to look too "done up". They wanted a more natural look and when they saw Michele really listened to each bridesmaid's request, they couldn't help themselves!) She really has such a gift and an extraordinary talent, she is super sweet and fun to be around! I am definitely going to book her for future events!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amy H

Michelle and her team did an amazing job!! My bridal party looked beautiful and I was thrilled with how I looked as well. She was on time, always so responsive and such a pleasure to work with!!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Cheryl S

Michelle is an amazing make-up artist and wonderful person. Not only is she extremely talented, she's such a sweet person and an absolute pleasure to work with. She made me look the most beautiful I've ever been. Michelle has the ability to enhance your look and keep it natural.... Read More I felt so gorgeous. I received so many compliments on my makeup. I got my makeup done around 9:00am on an extremely hot July day. My makeup looked flawless the whole day and throughout the night. Michelle's rates are extremely reasonable for her talent. I've seen a lot of other rates from friends and others getting wedding makeup and feel she is extremely fair. Her equipment is clean and sanitary as well. I would highly recommend her services! On an important day, you don't want to have to worry about your vendors - Michelle is someone who will put you at ease and relax you. I felt completely confident in her work and her talent.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Katie L

Michelle did the make up for my wedding. She did an amazing job with the bridal party and with my make up! Michelle listened to each of us and did our make up according to what each individual wanted. She was flexible and took her time, even providing touchups! Our wedding... Read More guests described me as an angel and a princess all night. Thank you Truebutterfleyes!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Amanda L

Michelle was fantastic! As soon as I contacted her she was responsive. We set up a trial right away and she even traveled to me for it. I signed Michelle on for myself, 2 moms, and 5 bridesmaids. On the day of the wedding Michelle was prompt and professional all day as she... Read More worked around all the craziness going on and was even helpful and accommodating when our photographers and videographers wanted to take some footage of us getting make up done. The moms, bridesmaids, and I looked and felt absolutely beautiful thanks to Michelle. I would recommend Michelle to any bride!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Samantha V

Michelle does an absolute STUNNING job!!! I remember when she first started practicing and did my makeup. I absolutely LOVED it! I got so many compliments on it too! Ever since then I would see all of her work on social media and just knew I had to recommend her to my sisters... Read More and anyone else that I knew that was looking for a makeup artist for their special event! Everyone who I've recommended her to fell in LOVE (including me)! They were completely satisfied! Not only does she do an amazing job, but she is also very organized and professional. She is also very sweet and understanding of what you want! I highly recommend that you hire Michelle to do your makeup/hair for your next special event. Not only will she do an excellent job, but she is very dedicated in her passion, and it definitely shows in her work!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Kathleen I

Michelle did a great job making me beautiful on the day of my wedding. When she said she's coming at a specific time she was there. My aunt and my sister loved their make up to. Her hands is real artistic she knows what is best for the bride. I love to work with Michelle she so... Read More nice and fun. Thank you so much for the amzing time and making me like a princess šŸ˜Š on the day of my wedding!šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ» 5 stars for Michelle

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

Michelle was amazing! She made me look so gorgeous without having to overdo it. She is very patient and makes sure you love everything about your makeup. She is always on time! Loved her and will use her again. She did me and my entire bridal party of about 10 people and managed... Read More to finish on time.

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Seema F

I hired Truebutterfleyes to do makeup for myself and 5 other women for my wedding. Michelle, the owner, and Sandra did an AMAZING job and were such a pleasure to work with. All the ladies felt and looked so beautiful. And the makeup lasted the entire event! Michelle is kind,... Read More professional and responsive. Iā€™m so thankful to have had such talented ladies as part of my wedding glam team. I highly recommend Michelle and her ladies for your event!!!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Briana E

Michelle did a great job making sure each one of my girls had their style make up for my wedding. It varied from dramatic makeup to subtle make up. I loved my make up for my wedding and it definitely held up for the entire night and easily came off with makeup remover. Great... Read More job!

Reviewed on 2/19/2016 Kate R

Michelle did a fantastic job with my makeup, as well as my bridesmaids, and my husband's mother! She was very responsive to all of my questions, and worked with me to set up a schedule that worked for everyone and have us plenty of time. She was also flexible as things came up... Read More on the wedding day and adjusted perfectly. All of us had it makeup on for hours, but it stayed perfect all day. She was very sweet and very helpful with organizing and planning out the getting ready schedule, and I also arranged for. her do a makeup class for us (my bridesmaids and myself) on the day I did my makeup trial and she was great at showing us techniues, and the best products for the looks we wanted. Overall, a fantastic, friendly, and professional experience, I highly recommend her!!

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Cheryl J

Michelle was amazing to work with! She is so talented and really knows how to make your look come to life. She is such a pleasure to work with and is truly professional all along. She's open to your feedback as it's she makes the most important day of your life be important to... Read More her as well. She did a trial for my mom and I for my engagement party and I loved it. Then I did another trial to tweak some of the colors I originally had picked out. Michelle's work was beautiful and she brought out the beauty in my fabulous bridal party. Loved working with her and highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Jenna L

Michelle is FABULOUS! My mother is a former beautician so she is very picky and even she was in love with Michelle's work! I am not one to wear a lot of makeup so I told Michelle that I wanted a very natural look. She did exactly what I wanted- perfect for both my engagement... Read More shoot and wedding day! I had a very large bridal party, all girls with different requests from natural looks to dramatic and everyone was SUPER happy!! She is so sweet so all of your ladies and little ones will feel extremely comfortable (always a plus to have friendly people around on your stressful big day). We had our makeup done early in the morning and our makeup definitely lasted the day. You can count on Michelle to be on time and use great quality products. She even provides you with the lipstick that you will be using for the day, something that totally comes in handy! Could not be happier with my decision!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Nicola C

Michelle was recommended to me after I asked for makeup artist suggestions on a Facebook status....I think I received about 30 responses from fellow brides and I checked out the reviews, pictures, and prices for everyone....Michelle was one of the only artists who answered me... Read More back immediately...she was a sweetheart the entire time I spoke with her. She and her friend accommodated 13 of us the day of my wedding. She did such a fabulous job on every single one of us. I have never felt more beautiful. I never wanted to be that bride that looked nothing like herself on her wedding day...I looked so natural yet glamorous! I would definitely recommend Michelle to anyone!!

Book Today!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Nicole B

Michelle is amazing!! I am not one to wear a lot of make-up and had never had my make-up professionally done prior to my trial with Michelle so I was uncertain of what to expect. Michelle reassured me that she would take good care of me and that she did! Michelle was willing... Read More to try different things at my trial to make sure I had my make-up just as I wanted. Michelle was always touching base to make sure things were running smoothly, she set up a schedule a few weeks prior to make sure everything was perfect, and was prompt to respond to any questions I had. On the day of my wedding, Michelle was on time and did such a wonderful job on 7 bridesmaids, my mom, and myself. With so many girls and having to be ready by 12, Michelle brought along Sandra who also did an awesome job. They made such a great team. Michelle was so flexible, helpful, and her prices are reasonable! We all got our make-up airbrushed and everything lasted throughout the entire night, smiles, sweat, tears, and all! She even gives a MAC lipstick to the bride for lip touchup throughout the night. Michelle rocks and I would definitely use her services again in the future!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 N M

Looking for an unbelievably talented, professional, reliable artist with THE BEST pricing in the business? Look no further than Michelle. Choosing Michelle to do my makeup, as well as the makeup for all of my bridesmaids, my mother, my mother in law and my aunts, was the best... Read More decision I made! She worked tirelessly all day doing our absolutely flawless makeup (that held all night!). Everyone was so pleased with the outcome and everyone loved hanging out with Michelle all day! She's as fun to be around as she is talented! Choose Michelle and you will NOT be disappointed. I felt so lucky to have her!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015 Emily S

Michelle was awesome! She was recommended to me by a friend for my wedding make-up and she did a amazing job! We had 5 girls and 2 moms and she was so great with doing exactly what everyone wanted (which was of course totally different!) and with both of the mothers. She was... Read More prompt, incredibly responsive and flexible and did an amazing job! I would absolutely recommend her to everyone and use her again if I had an event!

Reviewed on 8/14/2015

Michelle is a highly-skilled makeup artist and an absolute gem to work with! I am so thankful my sister recommended her to me for my wedding day. From the moment I met Michelle during my make-up trial, she put me at ease. She was so attentive during the trial that I knew right... Read More then, she was a great find! On my wedding day, Michelle catered to the specific needs of myself, my two sisters, mother and mother-in-law. She created a flawless and natural look for myself, which was the exact look I wanted for my special day. She went above and beyond to make sure my make-up looked perfect as well as everyone in my bridal party. When you meet Michelle, you can instantly sense her warm personality, passion for job and level of professionalism. She is truly an AMAZING make-up artist. I highly recommend her!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Mariam R

Michelle was absolutely outstanding. She is a true artists with tons of talent and professionalism. She did both my make-up for my engagement photos and for my wedding. My make-up was perfect for both. My engagement photos were over 3 hours on a hot day in New York City. My... Read More make-up stayed flawless from 7am through dinner and until I went to sleep. My wedding day was the same. My make-up was beautiful all day and night. Guests even asked me if I had my make-up retouched before the reception as there was a 3 hour gap where we did photos outside on another hot day. Michelle's work was amazing for my entire wedding party, which had every skin type and color. She was always punctual, answered every email promptly, and was flexible with any change I had. I've been to my share of weddings and have had different make-up artists and hair/make-up artists. Michelle has been by far the best. I will continue to use Truebutterfleyes for any event that I need make-up for.

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Laura M

I first met Michelle in September of 2014 when I was the maid of honor at my best friend's wedding. She did an amazing job on all of the girls! I was engaged at the time and was looking for someone who was willing to travel to my house and do makeup for myself my mother and 5... Read More bridesmaids, once I had met Michelle it was clear that she was the perfect choice! For my wedding makeup trial she made sure I absolutely loved my look before she moved on. This made the wedding day stress free because I was already confident that she would make me look beautiful! On the day of, she even brought a brand new lipstick matched to the color she had mixed during my trial. She is so sweet and a pleasure to work with! I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a true professional.

Michelle Rivera

Make up has always been a part of my life somehow but about 6 yrs ago I decided to make my dream a reality and go to Cosmetology school. After graduating from Christine Valmy in 2011, I decided to start my own business and Truebutterfleyes Make up Artistry was born. After working in different areas of the beauty industry, I decided that bridal was my true love. Nothing makes me happier than being a part of someone's special day! It is because of this love and passion that I have for beauty that I am able to offer all of my clients a very personal beauty experience! Your wedding is my wedding!