Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom

Tybee Island, GA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

When couples get engaged, some opt for a wedding venue that oozes charm and romance. Georgia couples living in or near Savannah often choose Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom. Located just outside Savannah, this beautiful venue delivers over 7,000 square feet of event space to accommodate 180 guests for a picture-ideal wedding.

The Sanctuary. Situated in the upper level of the venue, the ceremonial Sanctuary offers simple yet elegant design in the likeness of a waterfront Baptist church from the early 1900s. Design details in the non-denominational space include intricate exposed beams, wide-plank hardwood flooring, a combination of antique wooden pews and black chiavari chairs ornate chandeliers and a baby grand piano.

The Grand Ballroom. Located on the venue's ground level, the Grand Ballroom delivers 2,800 square feet of elegant celebration space. Attractive design features include wood trim accents that complement a gold-and-cream color scheme and stunning crystal chandeliers that hang from a coffered ceiling.

The Cocktail Lounge. Adjacent to the Grand Ballroom, the Cocktail Lounge offers possibilities for a cocktail area, extra reception seating or a reception lounge area. Design highlights within the room include an elegant curved bar, a gold settee and a striking candle-style chandelier.

The event staff at Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom work with to-be-weds, their wedding planner and other vendors to ensure a flawless and festive wedding celebration. The inventory of tables and chairs available through the site includes 275 black chiavari chairs, 25 six-foot rectangular tables, 25 five-foot round tables, 12 four-foot round tables and 12 high cocktail tables.

Bridal parties enjoy a plush, custom-built hospitality suite that features a comfy white leather sofa, HD cable TV, a massive 12-foot mirror, sinks and restrooms. A groom's suite comes equipped with HD cable TV, a wet bar and a private restroom. The lawn on the west side of the venue allows parking for up to 60 vehicles and additional parking is available nearby.

Additional amenities sway couples when it comes time to choose a wedding venue. Extra perks offered by Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom include:

• A cutting edge AV system with an 11-foot projection screen
  • A beautiful wooded lot with landscaped gardens, a patio and scenic views
  • Two full catering kitchens and an ice machine with a 300-pound capacity
  • Security and parking attendants
  • Six restrooms throughout the facility
  • Handicap accessibility
  • An option for a Tybee Chapel elopement package scheduled Monday through Thursday

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom

The biggest day of your life should take place somewhere you’ll remember forever. The newly renovated Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom offers a perfect location for your dream Wedding! The special events venue offers over 7000+ sq. ft of event space. Many event items included!

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue

Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1114 1st Street, Tybee Island, GA (888) 988-9233

Reviewed on 12/11/2015 Erin W

Wow! I can NOT say enough AMAZING things about this absolutely breath taking chapel and ballroom! From the first time I laid eyes on Tybee Island Wedding Chapel- I knew it was where we were going to get married. A little back story to our finding of the chapel: So, I have... Read More always wanted to elope. Never wanted the big wedding and all the planning that goes into it. But, one day I was online and came across the little white chapel. I had NO idea where it was or any information about it- it was just a picture. So, I told my boyfriend at the time that if I ever got married- that is where it was going to happen. Again- not a clue where this place was. So, I started doing my research. I found out everything I could about this little slice of heaven- and of course passed that info along to my hubs. Thank goodness he listens! He planned a surprise weekend in Savannah- complete with and engagement and a trip to the chapel! The second we pulled up- we just knew we HAD to get married there. We chatted with Ray a bit and finally decided to pick a wedding date. And the rest is history:) Ray- you are an absolute gem. Your calming demeanor, your quick response, and your overall knowledge of the industry and its goings on are top notch. You and your team made this process a breeze. I appreciate every single e-mail and phone call. I am forever grateful to you for making my wedding the best day ever. Thank you.

That Magic Moment

Reviewed on 1/28/2013 Suzanne H

First came the engament, and then an over whelming amount of details to figure out. The biggest one of all “where should we get married?” we were split between the mountains and the beach. After looking around online it did not take me long to find the wedding venue of my... Read More dreams. It looked to be the best of both worlds; it had beautiful hard wood floors & high ceilings with wooden beams that surrounded the perfect level of elegance in chandeliers and decor. It had the classic rustic charm of the mountains; however it was sitting just by the ocean. It was amazing, it was breath taking, it was a fairytale, and I knew the second I clicked on the first picture that Jason and I must be married at this place of perfection. Luckily when I first showed Jason the images of the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel, he too knew right away that we had found our place to take our vows and begin our lives together. We never even considered looking anywhere else we knew in our heart of hearts that this was the place. It didn’t end there; more perfection, professionalism, and a true caring kindness were still to come. Ray Anaya, the director of events at the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel, was standing on the patio of the chapel when we arrived to meet with him and see the venue in person. He was quick to offer a warm welcoming that immediately made you feel like things could not get any better. He had excitement, energy, and clear love for his job! Never did I feel like I had asked him a question that he had already answered for 100 other brides. Over the months leading up to our wedding I called, emailed, or sent messages to Ray with every question you could imagine. Always his happy, amazing, spirit responded right away. Often he would just hear me out on different things that I was thinking, or things that I had going on in the planning process. He offered advice, direction, smiles, and most importantly he always told me it would be ok and things would work out. Planning a wedding four hours away from your home could have been more of a challenge than it was if it was not for Ray, and the other amazing staff of the chapel. Even before our perfect wedding day Ray had already made us feel like we were part of something special at the chapel. Today a few months after our wedding I still feel the same way, and I would be heartbroken if I was to been married anywhere else. The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel is so special to me for so many reasons, and it is so much more that “just the place” we got married it is a part of us, our family, and a place that created many special connections. There is no greater place to get married in Savannah, and no place has better people to support your dreams than here! I am so proud to be a Tybee Island Chapel Bride!!

Perfect Place for the Perfect Day

Reviewed on 5/12/2012 Hannah D

I came across the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel after our first venue had gone into foreclosure. I have grown up around Savannah, so I often take Tybee for granted and wasn't really sure if I wanted to do my wedding there. My mom told me about the chapel and that it was featured... Read More in the Miley Cyrus movie, "The Last Song." I must admit, at first, this was a turn off. But because we were desperate, we decided to take a tour anyways. We were so glad we did. We instantly fell in love with the environment, the beautiful and simple touches of the building, and the very helpful and personable chapel coordinator, Ray. Leading up to our wedding, Ray took care of all the table/chair arrangements and was quick to respond to any questions we had. We asked to look around inside the chapel several times as we tried to gather decoration ideas and measurements. He was able to personally meet us every time within as little as two hours. He never made us wait until the next day! I also liked that this venue didn't make all your decisions for you. Sure it would have been easier, but then it wouldn't have been mine? On the actual wedding day, Ray had all the tables and chairs set up for us! It was so nice to just arrive and set out decorations and not have to worry about the rest. The amazing thing about this venue is that you can do an elaborate or simple, minimal wedding and it will still look stunning. I am a simple person. After everything was set up I could not have hand-picked a better place to express my personality. It was exactly what I had always dreamed my wedding to look like and feel like. It was perfect. The beautiful hard wood floors, the southern church pews, the elaborate arched beams in the ceiling, the large porch with a clever twist of a tree going right through it, the beautiful double staircase which was perfect for wedding party pictures, even the downstairs where we ate... it is just an amazing place. Our caterer loved the workable kitchen. The girls, my mom, my sisters, and I loved having an extra room just for us to get ready in. My husband and I chose not to see each other before the ceremony, so it was easy to hide in the room and goof off with the girls without feeling trapped or claustrophobic until the ceremony! The guys also loved having their little room to have their guy time. All in all, I'm not really sure my review does this venue justice. For me, it wasn't just another wedding venue... it felt like home. It felt like a part of me and my husband, a piece of our relationship and personality in that chapel. Its more than just a building, it is timeless. A cute little place you can bring your kids to one day and say, "Thats where mommy and daddy got married." Isn't that what every bride wants? The chapel coordinator, Ray, was just icing on the cake. The staff and the pictures speak for themselves. I'm so thankful that our unfortunate events led us to this place. I couldn't imagine having our wedding anywhere else. You won't regret having your wedding here... I know I won't :)

Reviewed on 3/31/2017 Summer B

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel is BREATHTAKING. It is even prettier in person. I live in WV & had a destination wedding on March 26, 2017. I had never seen the chapel in person until the day of our wedding. When I walked into the chapel, I could not believe the beauty & details... Read More of this place. It is truly a dreamy & romantic wedding venue that requires no decor. Ray is also wonderful to work with. He was very sweet & responsive. This venue is beyond PERFECT. Look no further

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Andrea B

This was the perfect venue for the wedding all in one location. We had the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception here, and there was on site parking for every guest. The venue itself is very beautiful and does not require much extra decoration. Raymond Anaya was the manager we... Read More communicated with and he was very professional, responsive, and friendly through the whole process. We are long time locals in Savannah, and I believe this is the best venue we could have booked for our party of 75 in the area. Our out of town guests got to visit and stay at the beach also, which is a plus. The price was VERY reasonable for all that it included and compared to other pricing in the area.

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Lauren U

Absolutely loved the chapel!!! I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. We got married on March 4th 2017 at 5:00pm. Everything went perfectly!! Ray is amazing to work with!! From our first visit at the chapel to our last on our wedding day. He was so sweet and accommodating.... Read More And willing to help in any way!! I also love that you can bring your own vendor.

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Lynn E

From the moment we toured the venue to the day of our ceremony, we felt welcomed and well cared after. Carla was with us every step of the way to help answer any questions we had to even helping us walk through our rehearsal since our planner quit the day before. They are so... Read More flexible with dates, payments, and arrangements. This venue has everything you need from getting ready, ceremony, reception, and outdoor area. It's very romantic, classy, and modern all at the same time! We loved it!

2016-12-22T10:33:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lynn, it was a pleasure to work with you and Megan, I appreciate such a great review. Thanks for taking the time to write it. You two are adorable and I wish you both a long, happy, healthy life together. My Best

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Kelly

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel is pure magic. My husband and I live in California, took a chance and booked the chapel as our venue based solely on the photos - we were simply blown away. From the beautiful chapel, to the grand ballroom and chandeliers, this place is what... Read More fairytales are made of. Not only that - Ray and the rest of the folks at the chapel were an absolute pleasure to work with. Ray was quick to respond to any questions I had, went above and beyond to make recommendations and put me in touch with local vendors, and coordinated everything like a true professional. He made our day so special and I could not have asked for anything more. I recommend the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel a million times over - writing a review cannot do my experience justice. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making our day so flawless!

2016-08-22T13:42:14 Response from the vendor

Kelly, thank you so much for taking the time to write this sweet review! Your wedding was beautiful! You and Josh were an absolute pleasure to work with. We wish you all the best life has to offer!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Jessica M

I LOVE this venue! The chapel is so gorgeous that you need very little decorations. The ballroom is equally as beautiful. I really liked having everything in one location and my family was happy to have the A/C and still be close to the beach. It was everything I wanted all in... Read More one place. The staff is super friendly and extremely accommodating. They were quick to answer all my questions that arose while planning. I loved every minute of being there.

2016-08-17T15:02:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! It is deeply appreciated.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Jennie M

When my husband and I first got engaged, we decided that we wanted to get married in the Savannah area. While researching venues online, the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel kept popping up. We figured since we were going down to look at places that we should stop and see what all... Read More the fuss was about. We are so glad that we did! As soon as we walked into the chapel we knew this was where we were supposed to get married. Not only is the chapel gorgeous, but the ballroom is spacious and amazing. Ray was wonderful to work with. He was very quick to respond to any questions I had and truly made everything easy. Our wedding was everything we wanted it to be plus much, much more!

2016-07-25T10:25:37 Response from the vendor

Jennie! Thank you for writing this review about your experience and ultimately finding your Wedding day venue! We can not wait to see the photos from your perfect Wedding day at the Chapel and Grand Ballroom. We wish you nothing but the best life has... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Jordan B

Tybee Island Wedding Chapel and Ray were fantastic! The chapel was beautiful inside and out and everyone agreed. Perfect to have ceremony and reception in one location. The site offered several amenities that made it easy to set up, offering tables, chairs, lighting, microphones... Read More and speakers. The staff who we worked with, Ray, was amazing and I cannot thank him enough for helping make my wedding day run as smooth as possible!

2016-07-25T10:21:48 Response from the vendor

Jordan, thank you very much for writing this review. It was a pleasure working with such a wonderful couple and your amazing families!

Reviewed on 7/02/2016 Cassie B

Absolutely wonderful! Carla and Ray were both very helpful, both during the wedding planning and on the day of! Very accommodating and what a BEAUTIFUL location!

2016-07-25T10:18:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking time to write this review. Cassie, everything about your Wedding was stunning!

Reviewed on 5/13/2016 Sydney S

The venue, the location, the staff! It all was amazing! Everyone that was part of our wedding was very pleased with the planning process and the day of. As a bride, you want a vendor that will make your life easy and Ray did exactly that! So helpful and knows exactly what is... Read More going on in the world of weddings. Thank you for making our day so memorable!

2016-05-19T10:28:31 Response from the vendor

Syndey, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! I can not wait to see photos from your wedding! I wish you and Matt a life full of blessings and memories!

Reviewed on 3/16/2016

Tybee Chapel and Ballroom was a great venue! They were so accommodating and flexible. Any questions we had as the wedding date got closer were answered immediately. We could tell that the vendors we selected enjoyed and felt comfortable at this venue. So glad we held our wedding... Read More there!

Perfect venue for a perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Miranda F

I can't say enough good things about Tybee Island Wedding Chapel!! Ray is the absolute best person to work with, and made me feel at ease from day one. They really make each and every one of their brides feel special. The venue itself is immaculate and the staff keeps it... Read More maintained to perfection. If you're looking at this venue, seriously just book it. You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Kasie T

Tybee Island Wedding venue was a DREAM COME TRUE! Every single detail of the chapel and ball room is exceptional. This was the first venue we went to see in person and we were immediately sold. So pleased with the venue and the people that run it and help out to there fullest... Read More extent. I would choose this venue over and over again! You really cant go wrong with this choice.

Reviewed on 9/05/2015

This venue was perfect for our wedding. From the first meeting with Carla to the time the last guest left on our wedding day the entire experience was outstanding. The chapel is gorgeous and the reception area was perfect. Can't say enough about this place. Would highly... Read More recommend it chapeand reception venue

Perfect place, perfect pictures, perfect day!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Katie V

When we decided to get married in Georgia, we couldn't find anything we loved in our hometown. We decided to give Savannah a try and ended up finding the Tybee Island Chapel. We visited and immediately fell in LOVE with the venue, even though the the ballroom was just wood beams... Read More and concrete floors. Both the chapel and ballroom and so beautiful in themselves that they almost don't need decorations! Ray was attentive, super helpful and absolutely wonderful to work with! Our wedding was everything we wanted and more, it was perfect in every way!

2015-08-26T08:15:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you Katie for taking the time to write this beautiful review. You were so wonderful to work with. I wish you and Trevor the best life has to offer! -Ray

PERFECT WEDDING VENUE

Reviewed on 5/14/2015

Tybee Island Wedding Chapel is worth every single penny!!! They helped SO much. Ray was just as amazing as they get. Spring time out there is the time to do it!!!

The Wedding Chapel is BEAUTIFUL!

Reviewed on 4/12/2015 Tabitha H

My husband and I are so happy with the venue we chose for our wedding. It was absolutely beautiful and I'm sure our guests were very impressed. There is plenty of room and the attention to detail is amazing. Ray is also so wonderful to work with! I couldn't have asked for a... Read More more perfect venue.

2015-05-15T14:00:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Tabitha for taking the time to write this review. You did an amazing job on planning your dream Wedding! It was beautiful!

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 4/09/2015

We visited the Tybee Wedding Chapel over a year ago and instantly fell in love with it. The chapel upstairs is just GORGEOUS!!!!!! The newly renovated ballroom downstairs is just as stunning. Our guests were blown away by the venue and haven't stopped complimenting us. The venue... Read More is comfortable for your bridal party (we had more than enough space to touch-up) and the backdrop makes for amazing photos. The best part is you have total control of other vendors you want to use from catering to photographers to music. Things that add up (like chairs and AV equipment) are all included. Ray and his team are a joy to work with. They are kind, accommodating and pleasant. We didn't run into any issues at all. I would highly recommend this venue to create your dream wedding. It is fabulous!

Tybee Island Wedding Chapel

Reviewed on 4/02/2015

Loved the venue location but working with Ray and his staff was a joy. He answered all our questions in a timely fashion and did whatever was necessary to make this occasion joyous and less stressful. Highly recommend.

Wedding Day Perfection!

Reviewed on 3/15/2015 Sydney E

I spent my summers growing up in Tybee and when we got engaged, I asked my (British) fiance to come see what it was all about. He instantly fell in love with the island and with the chapel/ballroom (even though it wasn't built at the time!). Ray was absolutely phenomenal to... Read More work with - not sure the word "no" is in his vocabulary. He responded to emails within minutes, even on days where I know he wasn't "working" - but I guess in this job it's 7 days a week no matter what when it comes to crazy brides. Having the ceremony, reception and cocktail hour in one location made set up, clean up and everything in between flow perfectly. It's a venue that gives you that small and romantic feel - gives me goosebumps when I think about it. Loved having the Bride/Groom Suites to prepare in - made the experience so much more magical than getting ready in a hotel room or a bedroom. If I were to start the wedding planning process all over again - this is one of the many many things I would not change. Thank you Ray for being at our beck and call the day of and days leading up to - it was amazing!

2015-04-02T13:31:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! It is so sweet! I wish you and Kieran the best life has to offer!

Dream Venue

Reviewed on 3/12/2015 Allyson

It took one photo of the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel to make my decision. I saw that photo and immediately told my now husband "this is where I see us getting married!" We booked and paid for the venue without even seeing it in person and when we arrived it was even better than... Read More my dreams! Ray and his team were the best: accommodating, friendly, and overall genuinely happy and excited for Brian and I!! Every bride should have a venue they love and an experience they will cherish forever just as I did. I'd recommend this venue to anyone looking for a truly unique experience and breathtaking photos.

2015-04-02T14:01:07 Response from the vendor

Allyson! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I LOVE seeing all the fantastic photos from your Wedding day!

Best. Venue. Ever!

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 Ellisha S

I was married in this chapel on March 23, 2013. I originally wanted to look at the venue as an alternative if we could not have our wedding outside. Once I saw it, I fell in love. Imagine all the aspects of your dream wedding being in one location. Beach, beautiful chapel,... Read More gorgeous reception area...everything. The best part was it was all inclusive. We didn't have to pay extra for chairs, tables, the staff to change everything over, even the integrated sound system was included in the price. Ray was so awesome to work with and he is the sweetest person. I have no criticism for this venue!

2015-01-22T10:05:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you Ellisha for this Wonderful review!!