Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom

Tybee Island, GA

Book Your Wedding with Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom

A BALLROOM IN TYBEE ISLAND, GA

When couples get engaged, some opt for a wedding venue that oozes charm and romance. Georgia couples living in or near Savannah often choose Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom. Located just outside Savannah, this beautiful venue delivers over 7,000 square feet of event space to accommodate 180 guests for a picture-ideal wedding.

The Sanctuary. Situated in the upper level of the venue, the ceremonial Sanctuary offers simple yet elegant design in the likeness of a waterfront Baptist church from the early 1900s. Design details in the non-denominational space include intricate exposed beams, wide-plank hardwood flooring, a combination of antique wooden pews and black chiavari chairs ornate chandeliers and a baby grand piano.

The Grand Ballroom. Located on the venue's ground level, the Grand Ballroom delivers 2,800 square feet of elegant celebration space. Attractive design features include wood trim accents that complement a gold-and-cream color scheme and stunning crystal chandeliers that hang from a coffered ceiling.

The Cocktail Lounge. Adjacent to the Grand Ballroom, the Cocktail Lounge offers possibilities for a cocktail area, extra reception seating or a reception lounge area. Design highlights within the room include an elegant curved bar, a gold settee and a striking candle-style chandelier.

The event staff at Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom work with to-be-weds, their wedding planner and other vendors to ensure a flawless and festive wedding celebration. The inventory of tables and chairs available through the site includes 275 black chiavari chairs, 25 six-foot rectangular tables, 25 five-foot round tables, 12 four-foot round tables and 12 high cocktail tables.

Bridal parties enjoy a plush, custom-built hospitality suite that features a comfy white leather sofa, HD cable TV, a massive 12-foot mirror, sinks and restrooms. A groom's suite comes equipped with HD cable TV, a wet bar and a private restroom. The lawn on the west side of the venue allows parking for up to 60 vehicles and additional parking is available nearby.

Additional amenities sway couples when it comes time to choose a wedding venue. Extra perks offered by Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom include:

• A cutting edge AV system with an 11-foot projection screen
  • A beautiful wooded lot with landscaped gardens, a patio and scenic views
  • Two full catering kitchens and an ice machine with a 300-pound capacity
  • Security and parking attendants
  • Six restrooms throughout the facility
  • Handicap accessibility
  • An option for a Tybee Chapel elopement package scheduled Monday through Thursday

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom

The biggest day of your life should take place somewhere you’ll remember forever. The newly renovated Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom offers a perfect location for your dream Wedding! The special events venue offers over 7000+ sq. ft of event space. Many event items included!

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue

Destination Weddings, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1114 1st Street, Tybee Island, GA (888) 988-9233

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Jovanna M

I couldn't be happier with our decision to choose Tybee Island as our destination wedding venue. I wanted a beautiful venue where we could have the ceremony, reception and cocktail hour all in the same place and indoors. Ray, Carla and the whole team were amazing to work with... Read More throughout the whole planning process. They were super responsive, recommended vendors, and were happy to answer any questions that we had. Our guests have been telling us that our wedding is one of the best they have ever been to. I would gladly recommend Tybee Wedding Chapel and Grand Ballroom to anyone - the wedding turned out even better than we ever could have imagined!!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Jessica M

I started planning our destination wedding 3 years before our wedding day (engaged for 5 years). I saw a picture of the chapel on Pinterest and fell in love! We reached out and immediately made and appointment. We were not disappointed! The chapel is even more beautiful in real... Read More life. The staff at the chapel was wonderful! Our contact person, Ray, was awesome at keeping in touch with me. The staff was very accommodating to us and let us make several appointments to come back and look around. It was the perfect place for our wedding!

2017-07-17T11:10:03 Response from the vendor

Jessica, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! I love seeing your stunning wedding photos on FB. I wish you and Josh a lifetime of happiness!!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Kelly K

I can't say enough wonderful things about the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel and Grand Ballroom! My husband and I booked the venue based on pictures and reviews alone for our destination wedding and didn't see the space in person until the day before - we were NOT disappointed.... Read More The entire space is gorgeous and Carla was such a pleasure to work with during planning. We received SO many compliments throughout the night about how amazing the venue was. I wish I could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Veronika C

Amazing place!!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Katie L

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel is the perfect venue for a wedding in Tybee Island, GA! Not right on the beach, but close enough to give you that beach feeling. The staff (Carla and Ray) and very helpful and accessible, helping answer questions and make awesome suggestions.... Read More Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Salena F

This venue was absolutely a fairytale. It's location was absolutely perfect and my guest loved being in Tybee Island. The ballroom was perfect for the reception and definitely big enough.

Reviewed on 3/31/2017 Summer B

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel is BREATHTAKING. It is even prettier in person. I live in WV & had a destination wedding on March 26, 2017. I had never seen the chapel in person until the day of our wedding. When I walked into the chapel, I could not believe the beauty & details... Read More of this place. It is truly a dreamy & romantic wedding venue that requires no decor. Ray is also wonderful to work with. He was very sweet & responsive. This venue is beyond PERFECT. Look no further

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Andrea B

This was the perfect venue for the wedding all in one location. We had the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception here, and there was on site parking for every guest. The venue itself is very beautiful and does not require much extra decoration. Raymond Anaya was the manager we... Read More communicated with and he was very professional, responsive, and friendly through the whole process. We are long time locals in Savannah, and I believe this is the best venue we could have booked for our party of 75 in the area. Our out of town guests got to visit and stay at the beach also, which is a plus. The price was VERY reasonable for all that it included and compared to other pricing in the area.

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Lauren U

Absolutely loved the chapel!!! I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. We got married on March 4th 2017 at 5:00pm. Everything went perfectly!! Ray is amazing to work with!! From our first visit at the chapel to our last on our wedding day. He was so sweet and accommodating.... Read More And willing to help in any way!! I also love that you can bring your own vendor.

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Lynn E

From the moment we toured the venue to the day of our ceremony, we felt welcomed and well cared after. Carla was with us every step of the way to help answer any questions we had to even helping us walk through our rehearsal since our planner quit the day before. They are so... Read More flexible with dates, payments, and arrangements. This venue has everything you need from getting ready, ceremony, reception, and outdoor area. It's very romantic, classy, and modern all at the same time! We loved it!

2016-12-22T10:33:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lynn, it was a pleasure to work with you and Megan, I appreciate such a great review. Thanks for taking the time to write it. You two are adorable and I wish you both a long, happy, healthy life together. My Best

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Kelly

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel is pure magic. My husband and I live in California, took a chance and booked the chapel as our venue based solely on the photos - we were simply blown away. From the beautiful chapel, to the grand ballroom and chandeliers, this place is what... Read More fairytales are made of. Not only that - Ray and the rest of the folks at the chapel were an absolute pleasure to work with. Ray was quick to respond to any questions I had, went above and beyond to make recommendations and put me in touch with local vendors, and coordinated everything like a true professional. He made our day so special and I could not have asked for anything more. I recommend the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel a million times over - writing a review cannot do my experience justice. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making our day so flawless!

2016-08-22T13:42:14 Response from the vendor

Kelly, thank you so much for taking the time to write this sweet review! Your wedding was beautiful! You and Josh were an absolute pleasure to work with. We wish you all the best life has to offer!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Jessica M

I LOVE this venue! The chapel is so gorgeous that you need very little decorations. The ballroom is equally as beautiful. I really liked having everything in one location and my family was happy to have the A/C and still be close to the beach. It was everything I wanted all in... Read More one place. The staff is super friendly and extremely accommodating. They were quick to answer all my questions that arose while planning. I loved every minute of being there.

2016-08-17T15:02:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! It is deeply appreciated.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Jennie M

When my husband and I first got engaged, we decided that we wanted to get married in the Savannah area. While researching venues online, the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel kept popping up. We figured since we were going down to look at places that we should stop and see what all... Read More the fuss was about. We are so glad that we did! As soon as we walked into the chapel we knew this was where we were supposed to get married. Not only is the chapel gorgeous, but the ballroom is spacious and amazing. Ray was wonderful to work with. He was very quick to respond to any questions I had and truly made everything easy. Our wedding was everything we wanted it to be plus much, much more!

2016-07-25T10:25:37 Response from the vendor

Jennie! Thank you for writing this review about your experience and ultimately finding your Wedding day venue! We can not wait to see the photos from your perfect Wedding day at the Chapel and Grand Ballroom. We wish you nothing but the best life has... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Jordan B

Tybee Island Wedding Chapel and Ray were fantastic! The chapel was beautiful inside and out and everyone agreed. Perfect to have ceremony and reception in one location. The site offered several amenities that made it easy to set up, offering tables, chairs, lighting, microphones... Read More and speakers. The staff who we worked with, Ray, was amazing and I cannot thank him enough for helping make my wedding day run as smooth as possible!

2016-07-25T10:21:48 Response from the vendor

Jordan, thank you very much for writing this review. It was a pleasure working with such a wonderful couple and your amazing families!

Reviewed on 7/02/2016 Cassie B

Absolutely wonderful! Carla and Ray were both very helpful, both during the wedding planning and on the day of! Very accommodating and what a BEAUTIFUL location!

2016-07-25T10:18:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking time to write this review. Cassie, everything about your Wedding was stunning!

Reviewed on 5/13/2016 Sydney S

The venue, the location, the staff! It all was amazing! Everyone that was part of our wedding was very pleased with the planning process and the day of. As a bride, you want a vendor that will make your life easy and Ray did exactly that! So helpful and knows exactly what is... Read More going on in the world of weddings. Thank you for making our day so memorable!

2016-05-19T10:28:31 Response from the vendor

Syndey, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! I can not wait to see photos from your wedding! I wish you and Matt a life full of blessings and memories!

Reviewed on 3/16/2016

Tybee Chapel and Ballroom was a great venue! They were so accommodating and flexible. Any questions we had as the wedding date got closer were answered immediately. We could tell that the vendors we selected enjoyed and felt comfortable at this venue. So glad we held our wedding... Read More there!

Perfect venue for a perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Miranda F

I can't say enough good things about Tybee Island Wedding Chapel!! Ray is the absolute best person to work with, and made me feel at ease from day one. They really make each and every one of their brides feel special. The venue itself is immaculate and the staff keeps it... Read More maintained to perfection. If you're looking at this venue, seriously just book it. You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 12/11/2015 Erin W

Wow! I can NOT say enough AMAZING things about this absolutely breath taking chapel and ballroom! From the first time I laid eyes on Tybee Island Wedding Chapel- I knew it was where we were going to get married. A little back story to our finding of the chapel: So, I have... Read More always wanted to elope. Never wanted the big wedding and all the planning that goes into it. But, one day I was online and came across the little white chapel. I had NO idea where it was or any information about it- it was just a picture. So, I told my boyfriend at the time that if I ever got married- that is where it was going to happen. Again- not a clue where this place was. So, I started doing my research. I found out everything I could about this little slice of heaven- and of course passed that info along to my hubs. Thank goodness he listens! He planned a surprise weekend in Savannah- complete with and engagement and a trip to the chapel! The second we pulled up- we just knew we HAD to get married there. We chatted with Ray a bit and finally decided to pick a wedding date. And the rest is history:) Ray- you are an absolute gem. Your calming demeanor, your quick response, and your overall knowledge of the industry and its goings on are top notch. You and your team made this process a breeze. I appreciate every single e-mail and phone call. I am forever grateful to you for making my wedding the best day ever. Thank you.

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Kasie T

Tybee Island Wedding venue was a DREAM COME TRUE! Every single detail of the chapel and ball room is exceptional. This was the first venue we went to see in person and we were immediately sold. So pleased with the venue and the people that run it and help out to there fullest... Read More extent. I would choose this venue over and over again! You really cant go wrong with this choice.

Reviewed on 9/05/2015

This venue was perfect for our wedding. From the first meeting with Carla to the time the last guest left on our wedding day the entire experience was outstanding. The chapel is gorgeous and the reception area was perfect. Can't say enough about this place. Would highly... Read More recommend it chapeand reception venue

Perfect place, perfect pictures, perfect day!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Katie V

When we decided to get married in Georgia, we couldn't find anything we loved in our hometown. We decided to give Savannah a try and ended up finding the Tybee Island Chapel. We visited and immediately fell in LOVE with the venue, even though the the ballroom was just wood beams... Read More and concrete floors. Both the chapel and ballroom and so beautiful in themselves that they almost don't need decorations! Ray was attentive, super helpful and absolutely wonderful to work with! Our wedding was everything we wanted and more, it was perfect in every way!

2015-08-26T08:15:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you Katie for taking the time to write this beautiful review. You were so wonderful to work with. I wish you and Trevor the best life has to offer! -Ray

PERFECT WEDDING VENUE

Reviewed on 5/14/2015

Tybee Island Wedding Chapel is worth every single penny!!! They helped SO much. Ray was just as amazing as they get. Spring time out there is the time to do it!!!

The Wedding Chapel is BEAUTIFUL!

Reviewed on 4/12/2015 Tabitha H

My husband and I are so happy with the venue we chose for our wedding. It was absolutely beautiful and I'm sure our guests were very impressed. There is plenty of room and the attention to detail is amazing. Ray is also so wonderful to work with! I couldn't have asked for a... Read More more perfect venue.

2015-05-15T14:00:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Tabitha for taking the time to write this review. You did an amazing job on planning your dream Wedding! It was beautiful!

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 4/09/2015

We visited the Tybee Wedding Chapel over a year ago and instantly fell in love with it. The chapel upstairs is just GORGEOUS!!!!!! The newly renovated ballroom downstairs is just as stunning. Our guests were blown away by the venue and haven't stopped complimenting us. The venue... Read More is comfortable for your bridal party (we had more than enough space to touch-up) and the backdrop makes for amazing photos. The best part is you have total control of other vendors you want to use from catering to photographers to music. Things that add up (like chairs and AV equipment) are all included. Ray and his team are a joy to work with. They are kind, accommodating and pleasant. We didn't run into any issues at all. I would highly recommend this venue to create your dream wedding. It is fabulous!