5 years running Best Of The Knot, thanks Knotties!

We are Tyler Boye Photography, a boutique photo studio that draws its inspiration from a background in LA fashion, editorial and portraiture scene. A wedding is like a gorgeous editorial shoot and so much more because it immortalizes the most special of days & relationships. Every photographer in our studio brings their own photo background and passion for making truly unique photos for each couple. We are lucky to have a team of talented photographers & videographers who really enjoy what they do and do it really well. We love details, love stories, parents' joy and tiny moments that will transport you back every time you look back through your wedding albums. Everyone has been trained by Tyler but stands on their own, which is exactly what we want! Visit our blog to see more:)

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Jacquie T

If you're only going to take away one thing from any of the reviews for Tyler Boye Photography, take my advice... BOOK THEM NOW! I have had more people than I can count tell me that our engagement and wedding pictures were unlike anything they'd ever seen before- like images out... Read More of a magazine. They are without a doubt the best in the industry! When my husband Jon and I first met Tyler, I have to be honest, I was a little nervous... I had scoured TBP's website for hours, admiring the thousands of incredible photos, wondering how it was possible for everyone to be so photogenic and how one was able to create zillions of unique photos without ever looking the same as another couple or another shoot. I was worried that the genius behind the lens would be impersonal or unapproachable or have a big head since he is clearly dripping with talent..... but thank God, none of that was true. Jon and I felt so comfortable talking about our history and discussing our wedding vision with Tyler and Stephanie. We felt like we knew them for years! They had some amazing ideas for our engagement pictures which translated into such a fun day for me and Jon- the pictures were TO DIE FOR! I couldn't believe how many frame-worthy photos came out of our engagement (and wedding) shoot... especially being what I would consider a photographer's worst nightmare- never knowing what to do with my hands, always making ridiculous faces, not having a clue how to pose, etc. Tyler was so great about telling us what to do and how to adjust- such attention to detail. Our wedding day over Labor Day Weekend was a total wash-out, and it literally rained all day long. I was absolutely TERRIFIED that we wouldn't get any decent photos since we had planned on taking all of our pictures outside. Tyler and Simon kept things moving along, not seeming phased by the change in plans (which seriously made all the difference because I'm sure I would have had a panic attack if they seemed concerned.) They really made the most out of using our surroundings and captured some of my favorite, totally unique shots that we definitely wouldn't have gotten otherwise. It's been almost 2 months since our wedding day and we're still swooning in newlywed bliss, looking at all of the incredible moments they captured on our wedding day. We feel so lucky and grateful to have had Tyler and Simon be part of our special day-- in addition to capturing all of the wonderful moments for us, they are an absolute blast to be around. We just can't say enough great things about them... we would choose Tyler Boye Photography over and over again! Thank you so much to the entire TBP team for such an awesome experience in every way :)

2018-02-05T11:09:43 Response from the vendor

Wow what a wonderful review! I am so happy you loved your pictures, Jacquie, Tyler had a great time with you and Jon on your wedding day and I LOVE your pictures as well. Best of luck to both of you!!

Reviewed on 4/08/2018 Kathryn M

From our engagement photos to our wedding photos we are obsessed! The entire staff at TBP was amazing and Allie was an incredible photographer! If we need photos in the future we know where to go!

Reviewed on 3/19/2018 Kayla Y

Tyler captured every emotion that was felt that day in every picture that he took! Without even telling him he managed to get every detail shot that I could have wanted including additional ones! Simon was awesome too, and made sure that the groomsmen were on point for... Read More everything that day! We opted to not do a first look which most photographers I spoke with strongly encouraged. Tyler and his team made it possible to get all of our location shots in center city and still manage to get back in time for the reception! Regardless of any of my crazy ideas he made it happen including pictures on an Ice Rink. Tyler and his team is worth every penny spent and I don't think that any of the other photographers that I spoke with would have been able to deliver the quality that he did. Staci was awesome in making sure our day of timeline was perfect and helped to guide me in what helped to have the perfect photos.

Reviewed on 3/14/2018 Alex K

We used Tyler Boye for our photography and were so happy with them. We got married at Normandy Farm so they recommended them as they are located in Normandy Farm. I worked with Liz to get the package that best suited our needs and her and Staci made sure to keep me on schedule... Read More throughout the process. They did not pressure me to get or add something that didn't fit our budget or needs. Our photographer, Joe, was so amazing. His energy is so fun and contagious and from the engagement shoot to the wedding day he made us feel so comfortable. We could not be happier with the whole experience and our second shooter on the wedding day, Alex, was so great. I can't wait to see all of the pictures from the wedding day but I know that they're going to be amazing.

Reviewed on 2/05/2018 Christina M

We had a truly exceptional experience working with the Tyler Boye Photography team - they worked with us to offer options within our price range and had a lot of work available for browsing on their website and blog. Their team walked us through our day-of plan and took our... Read More suggestions into consideration while still being very practical and offering insight into what was feasible and what wasn´t. My husband and I got married on a VERY snowy Saturday in December, and the photography team was absolutely OUTSTANDING in their efforts to get every possible shot from every angle, despite the weather. We truly enjoyed working with them and are very pleased with the end results - our pictures are lovely and the snow looks magical! Would highly recommend without an ounce of hesitation.

2018-02-05T11:12:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! I love to pass along compliments to our photographers...they love what they do and love more hearing how happy their couples are when they see the final product:) All the best to you both.

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Kate M

Absolutely amazing! I am camera-shy and never thought I'd enjoy getting my picture taken - it was actually a part of my wedding that I was dreading. Tyler and Allie instantly make you feel at ease. I had the pleasure of doing an engagement shoot with Tyler (he said it'd be... Read More good practice) and it really prepared my fiancé and I for the day of! Tyler and Allie were such troopers - we had a few inches of snow and it was freezing cold but that didn't stop Tyler from taking the shots & chasing the light. I highly recommend working with Tyler and Allie - you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Christa D

My husband and I used Tyler Boye Photography for our wedding and we were so happy we did. We had Joe and a second shooter, Jamie. They were amazing! Our pictures turned out PERFECTLY. We keep getting compliments about how they look like they should be in a magazine. Joe and... Read More Jamie did a fantastic job capturing every aspect of our wedding day and night. Also, we used their photo booth which was a hit! The pictures turned out so great. Our guests loved having the photo booth available. Thank you everyone at Tyler Boye Photography. You were all so easy to work with. You made this aspect of wedding planning so stress-free. We are so grateful for your professionalism and talent.

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Kathleen D

We used Tyler Boye's Hitched Productions for our wedding DJ last week. DJ Mike was the best! He took the time to get to know us and our taste in music. He answered all of our questions prior to the date and was amazing the night of. The dance floor was full the entire night--he... Read More played a great mix of music and ensured that our guests would have a good time. We would definitely recommend his services!

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 chris e

The planning service was wonderful. The staff was great to work with and the quality of work is exceptional. Our photographer, Allie, was very nice, capable and I would highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Jeana D

TYLER BOYE IS TOP NOTCH! This review is way overdue and in reference to a wedding back in JULY----yes, I came back 4 months later to write this review because yes they are that good and I just had to write this review once and for all!! My husband Phillip and I were instantly... Read More impressed and excited to start working with Tyler Boye Photography right after the first meeting with Liz! We had a pretty quick couple of months of planning with our engagement shoot happening a month prior out of formality, but it was the best session to get to know Joe and how our styles would all come together. I know this may sound cliche, but Joe couldn't have been a more perfect photographer for Phillip and I---his style, angles, concepts, settings ;)) all made for incredible photos, and a fun time while taking them! (seriously check out his profile blog---awesome!) The best part about TBP is that each photog has their own style that trule shows through their work----we can't wait to use Joe again for personal/non-wedding photos! Having Hitched Productions in their back pocket is also a major PLUS!!!!! This just made for such a simpler planning process---no running around to a million bridal shows, no huge binders with estimates to compare----definitely not needed!!!---Just talk with Liz and the girls at TBP and they can totally work with you and your budget---amazing!!! Photographer vibes and music-----the top TWO things people kept telling my husband and I were awesome, amazing and incredible the whole night!!---THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TYLER BOYE PHOTOGRAPHY!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Haley T

We had the most wonderful experience working with Tyler Boye Photography! To start Tyler is truly an artist and his work is one-of-a-kind. My now husband didn't have a preference on photography when I asked his advice. He said he didn't care and that they all seemed the same.... Read More However after meeting Tyler and seeing his work he was blown away. Tyler's work is very different from classic wedding photographers and his style is extremely unique and artistic. In addition to his beautiful work, Tyler is so easy to talk to and his vision and passion is so evident. Photography can get hectic on a wedding day since there are so many people involved between the bridal party and families. Tyler made the whole day so smooth as was so easy going. Not only is Tyler incredible, but so is his team. I worked with Staci, Allie, and Liz when coordinating the day and all the logistics. All three were so accommodating and made sure the day would run smoothly. We really had the best possible experience and I wouldn't think twice about hiring Tyler Boye.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Carly F

Tyler Boye Photography is worth every penny! Our photographer, Heidi, made the event so special and the pictures turned out beautiful. She really captured the feel of the event and we'll have these memories forever. We just got the photos and I couldn't wait to spread the love..... Read More if our looking for a photographer for your event, look no further than Tyler Boye!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Laura J

We loved using Tyler Boye for our photography and videography for our wedding in June 2017. We had Kat as our lead photographer, Simon as secondary photographer, and Jackson as the videographer. Kat was awesome and made me feel so comfortable despite usually hating getting my... Read More picture taken. Simon was really fun to work with as well and the guys enjoyed hanging out with him before the ceremony. Jackson was great and we are in love with our video. Everyone was really interested in what we wanted / our vision and incorporated any ideas we had into the final products. Loved working with them!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Ashley G

I honestly do not have enough words to say how truly amazing Tyler and his team are. We booked Tyler for our engagement shoot, a surprise boudoir shoot for my husband and our wedding day. I knew from the moment I saw his work online that he was for us. Without saying much to him... Read More he understood our vision and truly made that a reality. The team at TBP is very professional, organized and SO easy to talk to. I loved our phone conversations brainstorming ideas, locations to shoot and our "war plan" for our wedding day. They made it so exciting and so easy, and for a controlling bride like I was it seriously put my craziness to rest! My friends and family cannot stoop talking about our wedding photos and how the day of they saw Tyler scooping out the property and saw how invested he was in capturing amazing moments for us. Truly Tyler is a genius with the camera and I seriously cannot wait to work with him in the future. I wouldn't think to use anyone else, and I highly recommend him to anyone that asks!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Kathleen B

I can’t say enough about Tyler and the team at Tyler Boye Photography! They were a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. Tyler was our primary shooter and Joe our secondary shooter, and we were blown away by their incredible photos. They captured our special day perfectly... Read More and couldn’t have asked for more memorable photographs.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Anita G

Tyler Boye Photography was truly exceptional to work with! From the initial consultation to getting the final pictures - my husband and I could not have asked for a better experience. They are clearly experts in the industry, yet at the same time so incredibly personable. Jami... Read More was our photographer and she is AMAZING!! She is so great at capturing the perfect moments when you don't even realize it until you look back at all of the beautiful pictures. She is so down to earth and makes everyone feel so comfortable while somehow managing to be so detail oriented. We cannot say enough good things about Tyler Boye and we would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Nick S

Joe and Allie were our photographers for our wedding a few weeks ago and honestly, my husband and I could not be any happier. We LOVE the results! The photos are elegant, romantic, and beautiful and really captured the carefree, love-filled spirit of our relationship and... Read More wedding! Joe and Allie were not only hardworking throughout the day, but they made it fun and were complete professionals the entire time. Our wedding party had only great things to say and we all agree that the photos are magnificent from both locations used the day of the wedding. Their eye and creativity was EXACTLY what we were looking for. Also, the planning of the day was seamless thanks to Staci's assistance and we love the photo booth pics. I will continue to shout praises of Tyler Boye Photography from the rooftops and we are forever grateful for the work you did to capture our day!!! If this review allowed me to leave more than 5 stars I would, and then I'd add some exclamation points, fireworks, thumbs up, and rainbows to it for good measure. Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Shubha B

"Photography is not about camera, gadgets, and gismos. Photography is about photographers. A camera didn't make a great picture any more than a typerwriter wrote a great novel." - Peter Adams This quote best sums up Tyler Boye Photography! Allie, Jackson, Jessica, and Andrew... Read More were a fantastic team and made the entire process super fun and comfortable. The team behind the scene (Staci and Liz) were also phenomenal in the planning process. Thank you for capturing priceless memories of our special day!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Heather M

I cannot say enough positive statements about Tyler Boye Photography. From the very beginning everyone we spoke to, met with, and discussed our wedding with was absolutely wonderful and listened to every questions and comment we had. My husband, Sean, and I had Allie as a... Read More photographer for both our engagement and wedding photos (along with Jamie as our second shooter). Allie is always willing to go above and beyond what is necessary to take an amazing photo. Both her and Jamie made us feel at ease and had us laughing at various points throughout the day. Every time I look at the photos of our wedding, I fall more and more in love with them. I never one felt stressed or worried working with TBP as I knew I was in good hands. If I had to choose a photographer all over again I would hands-down choose TBP and Allie. Thank you does not seem like enough to express my sincere gratitude for the artistry demonstrated in our photos.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 LORI L

Thank you Tyler Boye Photography and Allie for making our day a memorable and beautiful experience! We would use you again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Aimee Z

I am SO happy we used Tyler Boye Photography as our wedding photographer. Kat was our primary shooter and Ben was our secondary shooter. I cannot say enough great things about the both of them. Kat was so warm and funny, and made the both of us feel so comfortable...despite... Read Moreauyfcbefvrafaxtfuutwwtrufxwrzdburayxxw both of us hating to get our pictures taken! Kat truly made our day perfect. Ben was so kind and also made us feel extremely comfotable taking pictures. I HIGHLY recommend Tyler Boye Photography to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. Thank you, Kat & Ben, and everyone at Tyler Boye!! :)

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Jim H

Tyler Boye Photography was amazing! From the beginning they were very professional and made everything so easy. They made a timeline for the day of the wedding that put me at ease knowing I would get all the pictures I wanted. Jami and Joe shot our wedding and did an amazing... Read More job. They were so fun to shoot with and were constantly making sure they were getting all the pictures we wanted of our day. They stayed on schedule and we even had time to take additional pictures. During the reception they blended in with guests and continued taking pictures throughout the night. I had many guests come up to me and say what a wonderful job they did. They were so accommodating, easy going, and fun to work with! I would recommend Tyler Boye Photography to anyone looking for a wonderful photographer to put your mind at ease on your wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Meghan K

Heidi and Simon shot our wedding at St. Alphonsus and Normandy Farms on May 27th and we had the most wonderful experience! They were incredibly attentive and professional and we love all of our photos. It is so fun to look back on them and relive the most beautiful and happy day... Read More of our lives. We want to express our gratitude and thankfulness we have for Heidi and Simon and would highly recommend them for any event, wedding or otherwise!!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Kelly M

Tyler and company made my whole akward wedding party feel comfortable with the photos. We got an amazing deal, some great shots, and I can't thank them enough!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Jess D

We worked with Tyler Boye Photography initially because we had our wedding at Normandy Farm, but we're so grateful that one good choice led to another great choice! Our primary photography was Allie, and our second shooter was Joe. I will admittedly mention that I don't have... Read More necessarily an eye for photography, and chose Allie initially because she mentioned her love for Pittsburgh in her bio, but Allie was the perfect fit for my husband and I. We were telling everyone about how much we already enjoyed Allie right after our engagement shoot. Fast forward to our big day. We knew how much we enjoyed working with Allie, but hadn't given much thought about our second shooter, Joe, because we hadn't had any exposure to him yet, and Joe was just as big of a hit with our crew! Our wedding party actually enjoyed getting all of the pictures because of Allie and Joe. Allie and Joe were so easy and great to work with. Like I mentioned, winning over our bridal party could have been tough to do, but they did it! They even won over our 4 year old ring bearer, who is one tough cookie! They kept a great schedule, which I've heard can be tough to do. I've only seen a sneak peak of our wedding photos, and already feel confident in recommending Tyler Boye Photography. Allie and Joe captured all of our details and special moments beautifully. Working with Liz and Staci prior to our big day was effortless and enjoyable! They have so many talented artists for each type of bride to choose from. You cannot go wrong with Tyler Boye. We packaged our DJ through Tyler Boye, and DJ Kyle was a big hit throughout the evening. We had somewhat specific tastes and interests, and Kyle stayed true to our requests! Kyle was amazing and provided a lot of energy to our reception. We couldn't be luckier to have chosen Tyler Boye Photography.

Tyler Boye

3 kids, 2 dogs, 1 Frenchie (a class all their own: they fart, snore and "bark" if you can call it that), 1 wife and 1 photo studio = not a lot of free time. When I have time I love food {cooking and eating}, travel, and being with my family. I would love to hear about your day, how you met, and your vision. Just know that when we meet if you bring up Lake George, Mexico, Hollywood, Indian food, Lombardi's pizza...actually any food, lacrosse, or exotic honeymoons the meeting will go on for hours. Check out the blog...if you like what you see come in to meet us and tell us about you:)