Beyond All Your Expectations...

Use #Summerlove in your email for our 2017 fall pricing. As New Orleans’ most established and well-respected planning and design firm, Unique Weddings and Events specializes in artistic design concepts, organizing, and executing flawless celebrations while staying true to their clients’ individual style. Michele Caswell-Adams established Unique Weddings in 2001. Her daughter, Brittani Adams-Perret joined the team in 2006, during which time they have helped thousands of local and destination brides plan their special day. As a mother/daughter team our concept is to produce exceptional and unique weddings and events, never “cookie-cutter”. We enjoy expressing our creative ideas and talents while helping each couple tell their unique love story.

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

810 Union Street, Suite 303, New Orleans, LA (504) 212-6480
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 7/16/2015

I was proposed to in Europe. Yes, it was the most amazing and surprised proposal with family and friends . However, right after the engagement, the first thought in your mind: wedding planning! The only type of communication I had with the USA was my computer. So, my mom and I... Read More decided to get online and start googling wedding planners in New Orleans. We knew some of our friends had, in the past, used different wedding planners for their weddings but we had no-one particular in mind. After doing our research, we decided to go with Unique Weddings in New Orleans. Their website best appealed to us, but little did we know just how APPEALABLE they were throughout our wedding planning process. Every meeting we had with Unique Weddings (Brittani in particular) was professional. Brittani handled all matters with my mom and I, and would attend meetings with us as we scoped out vendors. In fact, she recommended many different vendors who we eventually went with (and looking back, were the best in the City!) Most people have stressful times planning their wedding from start until finish. My mom and I had absolutely NO stress. With the constant help and support from Unique Weddings, we are ready to do it all over again! Their services were outstanding, and were there for us no matter the time or day. Every girl envisions their wedding a certain way, even dreams about it. The work and effort that Unique Weddings put forth for my wedding, in addition to all of our vendors, surpassed any of my wildest dreams. It was the best night of my life, with a huge thanks to Brittani and her team. All of the events that took place from 8am until 2am were completely organized by Unique Weddings. Thus, I was able to sit back and relax, and enjoy every single minute of my wedding day/night – which is how it should be. Pictures, hair/ makeup, buses, getting to and from the church, the reception, every single thing was handled by Unique Weddings. And it was absolutely perfect. Brittani and her team also constantly checked on my husband and I throughout our reception, to make sure we had food/drinks, or anything else we wanted....and with the help of them, we had EVERYthing we could have wanted. There were some things that Brittani did not have to do, but that she did at the convenience of my mom and I. Brittani, thank you for making what most people would want to be the best day of their life, the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE. Your hard-work and dedication throughout the constant 11 months of planning means more to me than you will ever know. Your professionalism, thoroughness, and personality helped make it the best experience it could have been. If any on you “bride to be’s” are hesitating on who to choose as a wedding planner, hesitate no more. Choose Unique Weddings so that you are guaranteed a stress-free planning period, and a stress-free wedding day. Leave the organization up to them, that is what they are there for- and they excel at that! If you’re a bride not from New Orleans, still choose them. Their southern charm and friendliness helps make the process so much easier (and more fun)!! They are truly there to make sure you are 100% happy with every decision that is made. If you are still hesitant, check out their website and see all of the beautiful and stunning work they are capable of- you will not be disappointed. Lastly, if there is one word to describe Brittani and her team at Unique Weddings, the word would be: UNIQUE. It is not irony, it’s simply the truth.

2015-07-16T19:48:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your beautiful words. You and your family were amazing to work with. I wish you all the best and please stay in touch! All my love, Brittani Adams

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Kathleen K

I got married on March 5th and it has taken me just that long to fully wrap my brain around just how wonderful it was to work with Brittani of Unique Weddings. At first I was not sold on the idea of having a planner, but looked into it as I thought it would be helpful -... Read More especially the day of. I spoke with a couple planners that I didnt click with - and then spoke to Michele of Unique Weddings. I absolutely loved her, she was so easy and comfortable to talk with. I was sold. Brittani is who I worked with throughout my planning process and the day of the wedding. She totally exceeded my expectations. She helped with city permits, recommendations for vendors such as transportation, chairs, and rentals, and helped fix glitches in the schedule. One of the best things Brittani helped with was to get us a last minute additional hair + makeup artist to cut down the amount of time it would have taken us to get ready. It saved us about 3 hours and we were beyond grateful for that. Above all, Brittani was incredible the day of. I'm a wedding photographer myself and every couple I work with always says they never eat. Brittani made sure to get us every bit of food from our buffet, always had two drinks in hand for us, and was always just a step away to make our night enjoyable. We had a second line and she even brought two umbrellas for us to use which was so beyond thoughtful. She also stood near the front to kick out people not in our party who interrupted - and everyone was very impressed by that. She was beyond wonderful and kind to all of our vendors, all of my family + guests. I know she went above and beyond our package - meeting with us and answering every last email. We are so appreciative and highly recommend her + Michele!

Made my wedding absolutely perfect

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 21Cristina R

After speaking with several other wedding planners in the NOLA area, we went with Michele based on value and services offered. Other planners seemed to be very strict on what services they would give with their various tiers/packages and were very careful on what information to... Read More give us before we actually put down a deposit (i.e. what aspects of planning to help out with, whether or not a vendor list was included, how many meetings we could have, etc.) Michele had one flat fee based on our expected guest count, and she was happy to divulge whatever general wedding info we wanted to know before we even paid a dime. After we did agree to hire Michele, we immediately knew that our special day was being put in excellent hands. We had already booked a few vendors and had some ideas of what we wanted our event to be, and she was more than happy to help us plan whatever aspects of the wedding we had not planned yet. She was not pushy at all in helping us envision our theme and decor, but instead gave us helpful suggestions on what we could do and worked with our likes and dislikes. She recommended some vendors based on our budget and helped us communicate with them to get just what we wanted. Michele also rents candle and some decorations for very fair prices, and they all looked beautiful at our reception! In the week leading up to the wedding, we were worried about many tiny details, and Michele was patient in answering all of our emails and, again, put us at ease since once we learned she had pretty much already handled them all. On the day of the wedding, Michele and her team were there taking care of everything and making sure everything happened according to the schedule we had planned. (She had already communicated with our vendors multiple times in advance to make sure they knew what the schedule was.) Our pre-ceremony photographs were supposed to take place outside, but mother nature had other plans as that weekend had been particularly rainy. Her team scrambled to have our hotel open their top floor ballroom for us to do our first look and photos, and the day never skipped a beat. The reception was fantastic; everything went smoothly and her team made sure we actually got a few minutes alone to eat! I would highly recommend Michele and her crew for any wedding in the New Orleans area. Her knowledge and experience not only made our wedding the best event we could have dreamed of, but made it an absolute joy to plan and experience.

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Greg R

Brittany and her staff made my daughter's wedding day a complete success and more importantly, stress and worry free! She was the best investment I made to insure my daughters day was spectacular and filled with wonderful memories!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Ashley M

My wedding was in March and Michele was our wedding planner. I cannot stress enough how amazing it was to work with her. We lived in Alabama and didn't want to be constantly driving back and forth to New Orleans. Michele was so on top of everything. She took care of... Read More everything I thought of and brought up everything I didn't think of. She was helpful every step of the way and calmed my nerves the day of the wedding. I really do consider her not just a wedding planner, but a friend that I was glad to have with me on my special day. Seriously, how does anyone get married in New Orleans without Michele?!? We are still getting told our wedding was the best wedding our guests had ever been to and that's a GREAT feeling!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Connie J

My daughter has lived in New Orleans for 7 years. So when she decided to get married in New Orleans, I knew immediately that I needed help! But finding a reputable wedding planner who is truly worth your money is not an easy decision. After several phone calls to various ones,... Read More we settled on a couple to visit in person. Once my daughter and I met Michele, we knew she was it! She immediately saved us $$$ during the first meeting that well paid her fee! She and her staff at Unique Weddings were absolutely the best! They helped us to plan and deliver exactly our vision! I can not recommend them highly enough! She did not miss a single detail, kept us on track from start to finish, and was a joy to work with!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Meredith R

My wedding was May 20 at Hermann-Grima House and Broussard's. It was truly the best night of my life, and Michele and her amazing team made it all happen. Weather threatened the event but Michele worked tirelessly to make sure we had the wedding we envisioned. If you're a... Read More bride like me who thought about planning and executing your own wedding, my advice is to hire Unique Weddings immediately if you have the opportunity to do so. Michele will recommend great vendors and work with them leading up to the wedding and on the day of. I also used her candlelight decor (New Orleans Candlelight Decor) which really was beautiful. Hermann-Grima and Broussard's has a natural charm but Michele added some great touches like lanterns and hanging ornate jars. I'm so thankful to the entire Unique Weddings team for all of their work, I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Lyndsey E

What can I say about Michele and her team that will do them justice? They are INCREDIBLE. Michele is on top of it when it comes to details and making sure that she understands the bride's "vision" for the day. Then, she executes that vision with precision and makes it look so... Read More easy! She was so wonderful to work with and really has the bride and groom's best interest at the forefront. Our wedding day would not have been the same without this amazing team of people who spent so much time making sure we had the best day of our lives! They are simply the best and I am so grateful that we chose them to help plan our wedding.

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Aimee J

Hands down, hiring Brittani of Unique Weddings is what made our destination wedding possible...and awesome. We picked the venue, and then picked our planner for "month of" assistance - we are so glad we landed with Unique (thanks to the reviews here), hoping to return the favor... Read More with another glowing one. Working with UW took away ALL worries; when Brittani says she's got this/she'll take care of it, you can have every confidence that the matter is as good as settled. We put total faith in them and were not disappointed, everything was easy and dare I say, Pinterest-worthy :). It's worth noting that we also used their sister company for candles/lanterns & decor to gorgeous (and stress-free) effect. Hiring Brittani was the best money we spent - not only did she keep everything organized with great flow, she brought us our phenomenal caterer (Marcello's - do it!), gave great feedback on where to save/where to spend, and pulled off a memorable event that was perfectly us. New Orleans is a fantastic place to get married, and I'm sure there are lots of competent planners, but Brittani & Michele just put us at ease, and that's really what you need when planning from afar. We never felt like we were being pushed into an upsell, and always felt like we were in the hands of true professionals. I think what separates them from the pack is that they have a deep bench of vendors and talent - 30 years of experience will do that. It's that deep bench that lets them have a back-up plan to the back-up plan and not break a sweat. We had a great time, our guests had a great time, and in the weeks leading up to the wedding, we kept our sanity. We even gave Brittani a shout out in our toast - she's that good and was that important to the success of our day.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Kimberly T

I was looking for a wedding planner that would help bring my ideas to life and Michele did that plus some! She guided me along the way, never pushing me to do anything that wasn't in line with what I wanted. For me, that meant a great deal. On the day of, I knew I was in good... Read More hands. I didn't have to think or worry about anything! She took a load off my parents, my groom, and myself and that is priceless!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Cassie C

Michele was an absolute joy to work with for our big day. We chose to use her for the Pearl Day-Of package and it was exactly what I was looking for. We didn't have to worry about any coordination of vendors, getting things to places, etc and I was completely relaxed and able... Read More to enjoy the Best Day Ever! She was very responsive and even let us ship some things to her in advance since we were having a New Orleans destination wedding. Also, her list of recommended vendors was crucial to the entire process. Was so pleased with everything!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Linda R

We were second timers from way up in New Jersey with some really specific ideas of what we wanted (and didn't) Brittani was able to "go with our flow" I was fixated on this idea (cause I'm not a wedding cake fan) of a huge table with miniature tiered wedding cakes (not cup... Read More cakes, not petit fours...mini wedding cakes) in an assortment of flavors all with their own little bride and groom topper, I was a ginournpus pain in the butt, but she pulled it off effortlessly and in two weeks it's been pinned a zillion times. When she said "I've got it don't worry...I realized, she DID! Boots on the ground...when I was "hiding" for my "big entrance, she brought me my favorite cocktails without asking! Her vendor recs were spot on! She was a whirlwind of brilliant the day of! Hire these guys, cause each "decision"had more than 8 more "decisions" and I have the attention span of a 3-year-old and she kept calm, organized and open minded! She was such a blessing!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jonathan & Jen N

Michele and Brittani did so much to help make our wedding incredibly amazing. It's not easy to create an event as elegant, beautiful, and fun as what you helped us to put on. Jen and I both had an awesome experience. Everything turned out so wonderful -- the food was amazing,... Read More the rooms all looked gorgeous, and all the little details that could have so easily been forgotten were attended to. We were all thrilled with how everything turned out. It was a night that I know Jen and I will never forget. Thank you so much for your long hours, recommendations, persistence, professionalism, and friendliness. ​We definitely couldn't have done it all without you.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

I write this review from the perspective of the "Father of the Bride". My wife and daughter recognized they needed assistance organizing and making decisions for the wedding. They asked around and selected Unique Weddings in New Orleans (UW) as their wedding consultant. I... Read More handled the consummation of the agreement. I had a confidential conversation with Ms. Adams, who with her daughter runs the business, and told her from my perspective her job was to keep my wife and daughter calm and off of my back throughout the wedding planning process, including the hectic day of the wedding. Ms. Adams accepted my charge. She met with my wife and daughter several times providing good counsel which allowed them to make important decisions. The wedding took place late October. The day of the wedding seemed as if everything was on auto-pilot. We had a timeline of the day's events and everything occurred almost to the second. Coordinating the movement of so many people and vendors simultaneously is not an easy feat, yet UW perfected the task. And most important of all, my wife and daughter were calm and off my back! I give UW five stars.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 E K

If I could give six stars to Brittani, I would! We would not have had anywhere near as beautiful of a wedding and reception if it weren't for Brittani. On the day of, Brittani and her staff couldn't have been better with making sure we were on time for everything, while... Read More simultaneously ensuring we still had tons of fun. It was absolutely fantastic working with her for the year leading up to the wedding, as we hit it off from the outset. All in all, without a doubt Leigh and I would recommend Brittani and Unique Wedding in New Orleans.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Alexis M

Thanks to Michele and her team for making our wedding go seamlessly. She and her assistant, Amanda, seemed to anticipate our every need. The kept everything moving and on schedule and I didn't need to stress about anything. They even got my husband and I plates of food and... Read More insisted we sit and eat - when I know many couples end up famished by the end of their weddings because they forget to eat. Several of my guests commented to me that it was the most organized wedding they had ever attended.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Ashley G

Michelle and her team were great. I am so happy we hired them. At first the wedding process didn't seem that bad and I started to hire people and get things going and then we hit a wall. Family passings, surgery, job changes etc. and we needed someone to help us get across the... Read More finish line. Michele gave us great suggestions such as our tarot card reader, who was amazing and had a line all night long, and our second line band. Once we got closer to the wedding she did the majority of the conversations with the vendors. I had to halt conversation for a while right before the wedding and give her to the groom as we had other things happen right before the wedding such as bridesmaid dresses falling through, broken water pumps, I mean you name it. But for once, in a really long time, I got to take the day off completely. The wedding went incredibly smoothly to the point where I got many compliments about how smooth it went from guests and my dad. It definitely would not have been that way had I been doing it on my own that night. Our venue definitely had attendants and help, but she was there to give timelines to all the bridal party, to make sure the bride and groom didn't cross paths before the ceremony, to make sure the flowers got to everybody, people walked in to the right songs, track day of payments, bring everything from the venue after the wedding back to the hotel room etc. If I had done it on my own, sure it would have still happened, but I wouldn't have taken a much needed break from a chaotic year to actually enjoy the night and talk to the guests. She even went so far as to go into our hotel room when the grooms feet were hurting and find him another pair of shoes to wear, and I know our room wasn't clean as the groom and the groomsmen had gotten ready there. She also came up with the fun suggestion to stack our Jenga sign in book and it was so fun watching it be built during the night. Definitely worth it!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Laney H

5 stars is not enough to describe the service and quality we received from Michelle and her staff! It has been almost 6 months since we tied the knot but I wanted to make sure and give Michelle and her staff the credit they certainly deserve. My husband and I live in Texas so... Read More the thought of planning a destination wedding was quite overwhelming at first. However, after meeting with Michelle, the next six months were fun, exciting and stress free! She had timelines in place for everything and would schedule calls to make sure we were all on the same page. She and her staff created the most beautiful and memorable day for us!! From the gorgeous chandelier my husband HAD to have hanging in the courtyard at Broussard's, to the amazing second line, the candles, floral arrangements, cigar bar and cake, our guests were blown away!! The day/evening was seamless...we never missed a beat and we never felt like we were on a time crunch. They thought of EVERYTHING!! They took our concept, ran with it and made it even more amazing than we could have ever imagined! Thank you Michelle and staff for making our special day the absolute best it could possibly be!!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Laney H

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Micheline and Michael K

Brittani and staff "Thanks" is just not enough to express our satisfaction with your superior services for EZ and Leigh Kirby's wedding. You went above and beyond to assure that everything was perfect for their (and our special) day. We would have made so many mistakes and... Read More endured too much hassle without your expertise. We enjoyed an absolutely marvelous event because you guided us so wonderfully. We wish we could think of something more superlative than "Thank You"! Sincerely, The Kirbys

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Malinda H

I worked with Brittani Adams of Unique Weddings and had the best experience. Initially, I did NOT want to have a wedding but my family and my husband's family were determined. I thought that working with the budget we had I wouldn't be able to really get what I wanted but boy,... Read More was I wrong. Brittani helped us every step of the way achieve my dream wedding. We even ran into some major issues (public location was double booked and it's first come first serve) and Brittani took care of everything. Me and my family didn't have to stress about anything. I could not have imagined a better wedding. Unique Weddings really made my day amazing!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Jeannae R

Brit was a dream. It was great to find someone who spoke my language, could deal with my schedule, and understood the things that i wanted without a lot of back and forth. I lived in Los Angeles, and with my wedding being hundreds of miles away, I was really concerned about... Read More not being able to be physically in NO to make important decisions and ensure that all of my visions came to life. Not to mention the groom and I didn't do ANYTHING traditionally. But Brit never showed any apprehension, she smiled and occasionally laughed at and with us, and in the end, everything was absolutely beautiful. Not to mention she was able to deal with my insane family, who on the day of the wedding refused to make anything easy. For that alone, i would have given Unique Weddings five stars. It was also nice to have a one stop shop for additional decor needs, as Unique Weddings also services candles, vases and other smaller decorating needs.

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Marie P

I cannot say enough good things about Brittani and her team. I was not sold on the idea of hiring a wedding coordinator, but I tell everyone who will listen how this was the BEST decision for our wedding. Brittani was professional, caring, and she is the expert in New Orleans... Read More weddings. I hired her for day of coordination, but she did so much more than that. She gave me great recommendations and kept me on schedule. During the weekend of my wedding, my husband and I were able to relax and enjoy being with our friends and family because Brittani had everything taken care of. Hiring Brittani and her team is a must for every bride getting married in New Orleans. Thank you Brittani!!!

Reviewed on 5/08/2016

I would 100% recommend Michelle and her team if you are planning a wedding in New Orleans. When I first got engaged I was in living NYC and Michelle would have calls with me weekly to discuss timelines and ideas. She cleared out her schedule multiple times to accommodate me... Read More (when I could fly home) to tour venues, attend a food tasting, attend a cake tasting, and etc. She is VERY organized and helped me stay on top of all decisions so I never felt overwhelmed. I had 20 bridesmaids and my husband 20 groomsmen so coordinating us and dealing with everyone the day of is a success in itself. I cannot say enough good things about Unique Weddings in New Orleans. My wedding would not have been as half as gorgeous as it was without Michelle!

Reviewed on 4/11/2016

Michele Adams with Unique Weddings in New Orleans did a fabulous job with my destination wedding in New Orleans! I hired her and her daughter, Brittani, to coordinate the "day of" details from pre-ceremony to reception. Months leading up to the wedding, Michele had regular... Read More conference calls with me. In between our meetings she was quite responsive to emails and she consistently followed up with information I asked for. She had relationships with all the local vendors from the string quartet, to the bakery, the DJ to florist. Starting with the rehearsal to the end of the ceremony, Michele and Brittani coordinated all the minutiae that comes with hosting a successful event. The ceremony and reception exceeded my expectations! I could never have been so relaxed or enjoyed my wedding so much if Michele and Brittani had not been there to ensure every detail was taken care of.

Michele Caswell-Adams & Brittani Adams-Perret

Unique Weddings and Events has been a leader in the New Orleans’ wedding industry since Michele Caswell-Adams founded the company in 2001. Through the years they have received exemplary reviews from their clients time again. Over the past 16 years the team has grown into a tight-knit family of event planners with a shared passion for helping others celebrate life’s special moments. Unique Weddings and Events’ has maintained strong and loyal vendor relationships which has added to their continued success. Book your appointment today https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=13832218