Beyond All Your Expectations...

Unique Weddings in New Orleans is a full-service wedding consulting firm specializing in local and destinations weddings. We love helping brides make their special day seamless and stress-free.

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Reviewed on 7/16/2015

I was proposed to in Europe. Yes, it was the most amazing and surprised proposal with family and friends . However, right after the engagement, the first thought in your mind: wedding planning! The only type of communication I had with the USA was my computer. So, my mom and I... Read More decided to get online and start googling wedding planners in New Orleans. We knew some of our friends had, in the past, used different wedding planners for their weddings but we had no-one particular in mind. After doing our research, we decided to go with Unique Weddings in New Orleans. Their website best appealed to us, but little did we know just how APPEALABLE they were throughout our wedding planning process. Every meeting we had with Unique Weddings (Brittani in particular) was professional. Brittani handled all matters with my mom and I, and would attend meetings with us as we scoped out vendors. In fact, she recommended many different vendors who we eventually went with (and looking back, were the best in the City!) Most people have stressful times planning their wedding from start until finish. My mom and I had absolutely NO stress. With the constant help and support from Unique Weddings, we are ready to do it all over again! Their services were outstanding, and were there for us no matter the time or day. Every girl envisions their wedding a certain way, even dreams about it. The work and effort that Unique Weddings put forth for my wedding, in addition to all of our vendors, surpassed any of my wildest dreams. It was the best night of my life, with a huge thanks to Brittani and her team. All of the events that took place from 8am until 2am were completely organized by Unique Weddings. Thus, I was able to sit back and relax, and enjoy every single minute of my wedding day/night – which is how it should be. Pictures, hair/ makeup, buses, getting to and from the church, the reception, every single thing was handled by Unique Weddings. And it was absolutely perfect. Brittani and her team also constantly checked on my husband and I throughout our reception, to make sure we had food/drinks, or anything else we wanted....and with the help of them, we had EVERYthing we could have wanted. There were some things that Brittani did not have to do, but that she did at the convenience of my mom and I. Brittani, thank you for making what most people would want to be the best day of their life, the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE. Your hard-work and dedication throughout the constant 11 months of planning means more to me than you will ever know. Your professionalism, thoroughness, and personality helped make it the best experience it could have been. If any on you “bride to be’s” are hesitating on who to choose as a wedding planner, hesitate no more. Choose Unique Weddings so that you are guaranteed a stress-free planning period, and a stress-free wedding day. Leave the organization up to them, that is what they are there for- and they excel at that! If you’re a bride not from New Orleans, still choose them. Their southern charm and friendliness helps make the process so much easier (and more fun)!! They are truly there to make sure you are 100% happy with every decision that is made. If you are still hesitant, check out their website and see all of the beautiful and stunning work they are capable of- you will not be disappointed. Lastly, if there is one word to describe Brittani and her team at Unique Weddings, the word would be: UNIQUE. It is not irony, it’s simply the truth.

2015-07-16T19:48:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your beautiful words. You and your family were amazing to work with. I wish you all the best and please stay in touch! All my love, Brittani Adams

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Kathleen K

I got married on March 5th and it has taken me just that long to fully wrap my brain around just how wonderful it was to work with Brittani of Unique Weddings. At first I was not sold on the idea of having a planner, but looked into it as I thought it would be helpful -... Read More especially the day of. I spoke with a couple planners that I didnt click with - and then spoke to Michele of Unique Weddings. I absolutely loved her, she was so easy and comfortable to talk with. I was sold. Brittani is who I worked with throughout my planning process and the day of the wedding. She totally exceeded my expectations. She helped with city permits, recommendations for vendors such as transportation, chairs, and rentals, and helped fix glitches in the schedule. One of the best things Brittani helped with was to get us a last minute additional hair + makeup artist to cut down the amount of time it would have taken us to get ready. It saved us about 3 hours and we were beyond grateful for that. Above all, Brittani was incredible the day of. I'm a wedding photographer myself and every couple I work with always says they never eat. Brittani made sure to get us every bit of food from our buffet, always had two drinks in hand for us, and was always just a step away to make our night enjoyable. We had a second line and she even brought two umbrellas for us to use which was so beyond thoughtful. She also stood near the front to kick out people not in our party who interrupted - and everyone was very impressed by that. She was beyond wonderful and kind to all of our vendors, all of my family + guests. I know she went above and beyond our package - meeting with us and answering every last email. We are so appreciative and highly recommend her + Michele!

Made my wedding absolutely perfect

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 21Cristina R

After speaking with several other wedding planners in the NOLA area, we went with Michele based on value and services offered. Other planners seemed to be very strict on what services they would give with their various tiers/packages and were very careful on what information to... Read More give us before we actually put down a deposit (i.e. what aspects of planning to help out with, whether or not a vendor list was included, how many meetings we could have, etc.) Michele had one flat fee based on our expected guest count, and she was happy to divulge whatever general wedding info we wanted to know before we even paid a dime. After we did agree to hire Michele, we immediately knew that our special day was being put in excellent hands. We had already booked a few vendors and had some ideas of what we wanted our event to be, and she was more than happy to help us plan whatever aspects of the wedding we had not planned yet. She was not pushy at all in helping us envision our theme and decor, but instead gave us helpful suggestions on what we could do and worked with our likes and dislikes. She recommended some vendors based on our budget and helped us communicate with them to get just what we wanted. Michele also rents candle and some decorations for very fair prices, and they all looked beautiful at our reception! In the week leading up to the wedding, we were worried about many tiny details, and Michele was patient in answering all of our emails and, again, put us at ease since once we learned she had pretty much already handled them all. On the day of the wedding, Michele and her team were there taking care of everything and making sure everything happened according to the schedule we had planned. (She had already communicated with our vendors multiple times in advance to make sure they knew what the schedule was.) Our pre-ceremony photographs were supposed to take place outside, but mother nature had other plans as that weekend had been particularly rainy. Her team scrambled to have our hotel open their top floor ballroom for us to do our first look and photos, and the day never skipped a beat. The reception was fantastic; everything went smoothly and her team made sure we actually got a few minutes alone to eat! I would highly recommend Michele and her crew for any wedding in the New Orleans area. Her knowledge and experience not only made our wedding the best event we could have dreamed of, but made it an absolute joy to plan and experience.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Kimberly T

I was looking for a wedding planner that would help bring my ideas to life and Michele did that plus some! She guided me along the way, never pushing me to do anything that wasn't in line with what I wanted. For me, that meant a great deal. On the day of, I knew I was in good... Read More hands. I didn't have to think or worry about anything! She took a load off my parents, my groom, and myself and that is priceless!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Cassie C

Michele was an absolute joy to work with for our big day. We chose to use her for the Pearl Day-Of package and it was exactly what I was looking for. We didn't have to worry about any coordination of vendors, getting things to places, etc and I was completely relaxed and able... Read More to enjoy the Best Day Ever! She was very responsive and even let us ship some things to her in advance since we were having a New Orleans destination wedding. Also, her list of recommended vendors was crucial to the entire process. Was so pleased with everything!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Linda R

We were second timers from way up in New Jersey with some really specific ideas of what we wanted (and didn't) Brittani was able to "go with our flow" I was fixated on this idea (cause I'm not a wedding cake fan) of a huge table with miniature tiered wedding cakes (not cup... Read More cakes, not petit fours...mini wedding cakes) in an assortment of flavors all with their own little bride and groom topper, I was a ginournpus pain in the butt, but she pulled it off effortlessly and in two weeks it's been pinned a zillion times. When she said "I've got it don't worry...I realized, she DID! Boots on the ground...when I was "hiding" for my "big entrance, she brought me my favorite cocktails without asking! Her vendor recs were spot on! She was a whirlwind of brilliant the day of! Hire these guys, cause each "decision"had more than 8 more "decisions" and I have the attention span of a 3-year-old and she kept calm, organized and open minded! She was such a blessing!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jonathan & Jen N

Michele and Brittani did so much to help make our wedding incredibly amazing. It's not easy to create an event as elegant, beautiful, and fun as what you helped us to put on. Jen and I both had an awesome experience. Everything turned out so wonderful -- the food was amazing,... Read More the rooms all looked gorgeous, and all the little details that could have so easily been forgotten were attended to. We were all thrilled with how everything turned out. It was a night that I know Jen and I will never forget. Thank you so much for your long hours, recommendations, persistence, professionalism, and friendliness. ​We definitely couldn't have done it all without you.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

I write this review from the perspective of the "Father of the Bride". My wife and daughter recognized they needed assistance organizing and making decisions for the wedding. They asked around and selected Unique Weddings in New Orleans (UW) as their wedding consultant. I... Read More handled the consummation of the agreement. I had a confidential conversation with Ms. Adams, who with her daughter runs the business, and told her from my perspective her job was to keep my wife and daughter calm and off of my back throughout the wedding planning process, including the hectic day of the wedding. Ms. Adams accepted my charge. She met with my wife and daughter several times providing good counsel which allowed them to make important decisions. The wedding took place late October. The day of the wedding seemed as if everything was on auto-pilot. We had a timeline of the day's events and everything occurred almost to the second. Coordinating the movement of so many people and vendors simultaneously is not an easy feat, yet UW perfected the task. And most important of all, my wife and daughter were calm and off my back! I give UW five stars.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 E K

If I could give six stars to Brittani, I would! We would not have had anywhere near as beautiful of a wedding and reception if it weren't for Brittani. On the day of, Brittani and her staff couldn't have been better with making sure we were on time for everything, while... Read More simultaneously ensuring we still had tons of fun. It was absolutely fantastic working with her for the year leading up to the wedding, as we hit it off from the outset. All in all, without a doubt Leigh and I would recommend Brittani and Unique Wedding in New Orleans.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Alexis M

Thanks to Michele and her team for making our wedding go seamlessly. She and her assistant, Amanda, seemed to anticipate our every need. The kept everything moving and on schedule and I didn't need to stress about anything. They even got my husband and I plates of food and... Read More insisted we sit and eat - when I know many couples end up famished by the end of their weddings because they forget to eat. Several of my guests commented to me that it was the most organized wedding they had ever attended.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Ashley G

Michelle and her team were great. I am so happy we hired them. At first the wedding process didn't seem that bad and I started to hire people and get things going and then we hit a wall. Family passings, surgery, job changes etc. and we needed someone to help us get across the... Read More finish line. Michele gave us great suggestions such as our tarot card reader, who was amazing and had a line all night long, and our second line band. Once we got closer to the wedding she did the majority of the conversations with the vendors. I had to halt conversation for a while right before the wedding and give her to the groom as we had other things happen right before the wedding such as bridesmaid dresses falling through, broken water pumps, I mean you name it. But for once, in a really long time, I got to take the day off completely. The wedding went incredibly smoothly to the point where I got many compliments about how smooth it went from guests and my dad. It definitely would not have been that way had I been doing it on my own that night. Our venue definitely had attendants and help, but she was there to give timelines to all the bridal party, to make sure the bride and groom didn't cross paths before the ceremony, to make sure the flowers got to everybody, people walked in to the right songs, track day of payments, bring everything from the venue after the wedding back to the hotel room etc. If I had done it on my own, sure it would have still happened, but I wouldn't have taken a much needed break from a chaotic year to actually enjoy the night and talk to the guests. She even went so far as to go into our hotel room when the grooms feet were hurting and find him another pair of shoes to wear, and I know our room wasn't clean as the groom and the groomsmen had gotten ready there. She also came up with the fun suggestion to stack our Jenga sign in book and it was so fun watching it be built during the night. Definitely worth it!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Laney H

5 stars is not enough to describe the service and quality we received from Michelle and her staff! It has been almost 6 months since we tied the knot but I wanted to make sure and give Michelle and her staff the credit they certainly deserve. My husband and I live in Texas so... Read More the thought of planning a destination wedding was quite overwhelming at first. However, after meeting with Michelle, the next six months were fun, exciting and stress free! She had timelines in place for everything and would schedule calls to make sure we were all on the same page. She and her staff created the most beautiful and memorable day for us!! From the gorgeous chandelier my husband HAD to have hanging in the courtyard at Broussard's, to the amazing second line, the candles, floral arrangements, cigar bar and cake, our guests were blown away!! The day/evening was seamless...we never missed a beat and we never felt like we were on a time crunch. They thought of EVERYTHING!! They took our concept, ran with it and made it even more amazing than we could have ever imagined! Thank you Michelle and staff for making our special day the absolute best it could possibly be!!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Laney H

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Micheline and Michael K

Brittani and staff "Thanks" is just not enough to express our satisfaction with your superior services for EZ and Leigh Kirby's wedding. You went above and beyond to assure that everything was perfect for their (and our special) day. We would have made so many mistakes and... Read More endured too much hassle without your expertise. We enjoyed an absolutely marvelous event because you guided us so wonderfully. We wish we could think of something more superlative than "Thank You"! Sincerely, The Kirbys

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Malinda H

I worked with Brittani Adams of Unique Weddings and had the best experience. Initially, I did NOT want to have a wedding but my family and my husband's family were determined. I thought that working with the budget we had I wouldn't be able to really get what I wanted but boy,... Read More was I wrong. Brittani helped us every step of the way achieve my dream wedding. We even ran into some major issues (public location was double booked and it's first come first serve) and Brittani took care of everything. Me and my family didn't have to stress about anything. I could not have imagined a better wedding. Unique Weddings really made my day amazing!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Jeannae R

Brit was a dream. It was great to find someone who spoke my language, could deal with my schedule, and understood the things that i wanted without a lot of back and forth. I lived in Los Angeles, and with my wedding being hundreds of miles away, I was really concerned about... Read More not being able to be physically in NO to make important decisions and ensure that all of my visions came to life. Not to mention the groom and I didn't do ANYTHING traditionally. But Brit never showed any apprehension, she smiled and occasionally laughed at and with us, and in the end, everything was absolutely beautiful. Not to mention she was able to deal with my insane family, who on the day of the wedding refused to make anything easy. For that alone, i would have given Unique Weddings five stars. It was also nice to have a one stop shop for additional decor needs, as Unique Weddings also services candles, vases and other smaller decorating needs.

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Marie P

I cannot say enough good things about Brittani and her team. I was not sold on the idea of hiring a wedding coordinator, but I tell everyone who will listen how this was the BEST decision for our wedding. Brittani was professional, caring, and she is the expert in New Orleans... Read More weddings. I hired her for day of coordination, but she did so much more than that. She gave me great recommendations and kept me on schedule. During the weekend of my wedding, my husband and I were able to relax and enjoy being with our friends and family because Brittani had everything taken care of. Hiring Brittani and her team is a must for every bride getting married in New Orleans. Thank you Brittani!!!

Reviewed on 5/08/2016

I would 100% recommend Michelle and her team if you are planning a wedding in New Orleans. When I first got engaged I was in living NYC and Michelle would have calls with me weekly to discuss timelines and ideas. She cleared out her schedule multiple times to accommodate me... Read More (when I could fly home) to tour venues, attend a food tasting, attend a cake tasting, and etc. She is VERY organized and helped me stay on top of all decisions so I never felt overwhelmed. I had 20 bridesmaids and my husband 20 groomsmen so coordinating us and dealing with everyone the day of is a success in itself. I cannot say enough good things about Unique Weddings in New Orleans. My wedding would not have been as half as gorgeous as it was without Michelle!

Reviewed on 4/11/2016

Michele Adams with Unique Weddings in New Orleans did a fabulous job with my destination wedding in New Orleans! I hired her and her daughter, Brittani, to coordinate the "day of" details from pre-ceremony to reception. Months leading up to the wedding, Michele had regular... Read More conference calls with me. In between our meetings she was quite responsive to emails and she consistently followed up with information I asked for. She had relationships with all the local vendors from the string quartet, to the bakery, the DJ to florist. Starting with the rehearsal to the end of the ceremony, Michele and Brittani coordinated all the minutiae that comes with hosting a successful event. The ceremony and reception exceeded my expectations! I could never have been so relaxed or enjoyed my wedding so much if Michele and Brittani had not been there to ensure every detail was taken care of.

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 Danielle J

I was on the fence about hiring a wedding planner for the day of. One of my friends said it was the best decision of her wedding so I ended up choosing Unique Weddings after looking at reviews and talking to Michele over the phone. I currently do not live in New Orleans and... Read More Michele had great suggestions regarding different vendors and ended up taking over all of the second line planning. She was also able to step in and help us find an officiant when our pastor realized he had double booked. The week leading up to the wedding was pretty stressful...weather, marriage license, a happy hour we had planned for out of town guests went south etc etc. The wedding day and wedding itself went flawlessly. If I had to do it all over again, I would have hired them from the beginning! A lot of our guests said it was the best wedding they had been to. And the secondline...by far everyone's favorite part!

Reviewed on 3/11/2016 Tara P

BEST DECISION I MADE... Given that I am in the industry I thought I had it all covered. I planned roughly 90% and then wondered "Who is going to take care of all this for me on my wedding day?". I asked some trusted friends in the industry for a reasonably priced and... Read More reliable planner. Brittani Adams was recommended to me. From our first phone call I knew she was the right girl for us. We even ended up going with Unique Weddings for lighting and other essentials like a cake stand. Easy to work with, patient and great to bounce ideas off of we simply cannot imagine how our day would have gone without her. Our weekend of festivities was darn near perfect and our wedding day was even better than I dreamed it would be . We are ever so grateful for the outstanding job Brittani and the company did for our wedding!

2016-03-11T16:54:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. You were great to work with as well. We wish you guys all the love in the world in the future.

Reviewed on 3/11/2016 Clare P

10 Stars!! We chose Brittani for the full wedding package and it was the best choice I could have made. We planned our wedding in 4 months, while living out of the state, and only making two trips in for planning. The wedding went PERFECTLY and I know all of that is thanks to... Read More Brittani. Her ability to take a task and execute it was brilliant. I never had to explain myself or feel like I was being "needy". I just said the words and it was done! Brittani gave everything to us in easy to understand pieces that made the planning process manageable and enjoyable. I have seen so many friends hate planning their wedding but with Brittani it was a blast.

2016-03-11T16:55:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you for you kind words. You and Logan were a pleasure to work with. Thank you for allowing us to be part of such a beautiful event.

Very pleased

Reviewed on 1/28/2016 Judy S

Michele Adams of Unique Weddings, is a total pro. She has been in the business for so many years that she has lots of contacts that really benefitted us, being from out of town. I can honestly say that we were pleased with each one of the vendors and felt we got a good value... Read More with them. Not only that, Michele communicated with each one throughout the process, while guiding us along the way. We made three trips to NOLA for the planning. Michele made very good use of our time, so that we never wasted a minute. For an additional fee, her crew handled the stuffing of the welcome bags and got them to the various hotels. That was a huge help. They also got the second line accessories and programs to the church and the photos, bridal portrait, photo booth props, etc. to the venue. The final days went so smoothly that I kept thinking I was missing something. At the end of the reception, Michele and her crew gathered up everything left at the venue and within one hour delivered it all to my hotel room. Overall we were very pleased with Michele and are glad we decided to use her as our wedding planner.

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Krista D

My fiance and I knew we only had the budget for a "Day of Wedding" coordinator, rather than a full service "Wedding Planner." We found that most vendors who offer "day of" services had a lot of restrictions on what they were willing to do, and most told us that their services... Read More would not begin until a week or two before the wedding. Then we met Brittani with Unique Weddings. She told us, "from the moment you hire us, we'll begin helping you with whatever you need." She gave us unlimited access to her expertise -- phone calls, emails, site visits, etc. My fiance and I were doing the "planning" part ourselves, but we could always turn to Brittani for recommendations and her professional opinion. When we had snags with vendors, Brittani sprang into action, working the phones and using her numerous industry contacts to fix problems. Whenever we hit a wall, Brittani was ready with a solution or suggestion. I realized then that having a professional at the helm makes a world of difference. She was organized in a way that i can't even begin to describe -- always one step ahead, continually checking in with us to make sure we were on schedule, gently steering us in the right direction when our inexperience would have led to a bad decision. The value of the services that Brittani and Unique Weddings provided to us was beyond measure. I lost track of the number of times my fiance and I said to each other, "What would we have done without Brittani??!!" On the day of the wedding, Brittani put out more fires than I'm sure we'll ever know. She never lost her cool, never seemed flustered, and maintained seamless control over the numerous moving parts of our wedding. Because of Brittani, we were able to relax on our wedding day and simply enjoy ourselves. A few times during the wedding, a vendor would approach us with an issue, and we would just say, "Go talk to Brittani." And then we'd immediately get back to enjoying the night, having complete confidence that Brittani was handling it. Because of Brittani's expertise, connections, and, most importantly, her genuine 100% commitment to our event, our wedding was literally everything we wanted it to be. We loved working with Brittani and Unique Weddings. It was without a doubt the best decision we made!!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Mandy H

Michelle and Elizabeth are absolutely amazing. Our wedding day was flawless because of their day of plan that went off without a hitch. Everyone is amazed at how perfect the day was...and it truly was! Even though we only chose the day-of planner package....Michelle was so much... Read More more. We had calls months out and every week the month of the wedding to fine tune every detail of the day. On the actual day, they were so accommodating and made sure we remembered to eat dinner and gave us cheat sheets on where we were supposed to be and when. David and I cant thank them enough for the peace of mind they gave us on what could have been a very stressful day. Thank you thank you!!!!!! We love you!

Michele Caswell-Adams

The concept for her business was to produce exceptional and unique weddings, never “cookie-cutter.” Michele enjoys expressing her creative ideas and talents while incorporating each bride's individual style. Her wedding ceremony and reception execution is flawless because of her organizational skills, keen eye for detail, outstanding ability of trouble-shooting and her efforts to maintain vendor communication. Her knowledge and cutting-edge approach will introduce you to New Orleans ' best wedding offerings, the city's most talented musicians, photographers, and florists.