Stress-free, calm and peaceful wedding ceremonies!

How would you like to just relax and enjoy your day? To experience the joy of a ceremony designed just for you? Perhaps you desire a shorter, not-stuffy ceremony, or something more. Civil or religious, our privilege is to make your dream a reality! Whether you are nervous in front of people or enjoy the spotlight, we offer the kind of support to make it easy for you to have the best day possible. We’ve served hundreds of brides since 2010 with wonderful results, reviews, and awards. Experienced and caring, we provide the kind of worry-free flexibility, know-how, and resources to help you achieve the wedding of your dreams! We also offer optional pre-marriage classes. We’d like to get to know you! Please contact us to make an appointment. Husband and wife team, Damian and Jean

Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Orthodox, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Restorationist, Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Conservative, Reform, Jewish, Muslim, Secular

Ceremony, Wedding

995 Goodale Blvd, Grandview Heights, OH Greater Columbus Ohio and beyond (614) 546-9634

AWESOME Dual Team! Damian & Jean

Reviewed on 11/17/2015

Mike and I were a little hesitant to have someone marry us that did not know us individually or our journey together as a couple. After exhausting all of our options, we asked the venue for suggestions. That is how we found the AWESOME dual team of Damian and Jean. They... Read More responded quickly to our inquiry for their services and during the first meeting we felt so comfortable with them. The stress of finding the perfect person to marry us was lifted off our shoulders. The rehearsal/wedding ceremony couldn't have gone better. Jean was on time, professional and calm which is what you need on your wedding day. She really did a great job. During our rehearsal, she coached the bridal party on how to walk, pose, hold the bouquet etc… so the pictures would turn out great! That really was a WOW moment for me. She wanted us to have the perfect experience and we loved all of her suggestions. Her voice was beautiful and she spoke clearly and confidently. We also decided to take 5 pre- marital coaching classes before our wedding. Of course, we always went over our time but they never rushed us and made sure that we were done with our last thoughts/conversation before we walked out the door. We learned so much in those 5 classes. The topics discussed really helped us to connect with each other. I felt the dual team was great! We were able to understand/listen/hear the man and the woman’s point of view versus just one side. You can see the love, struggle and growth they experienced as a couple. I really appreciate their vulnerability as a couple and as an individual. We have a lot of respect for them and they really impacted our lives. They are compassionate, genuine, good people.

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 Laura A

Jean was AMAZING! We wish that we could find enough words to describe how important she was to our special day, but words simply cannot do her enough justice. From the moment we first met with her she made us feel calm and comfortable with the whole process. She made sure that... Read More everything was ready on the big day and made us feel at ease through the whole process. She was very organized and made sure every moment of our big day would remain a great memory for years to come. Her delivery of the ceremony was perfect. She kept a smile and great attitude the entire time and made sure the focus was always on us. We will recommend her to anyone that we know that is getting married and is in need of an officiant.

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Meagan W

Damian hit it out of the park! He was so amazing and so helpful. He knows how to deliver a memorable and special ceremony! When we first met him he gave us so many resources and was always offering to help us in any way. He really wants to make your ceremony as memorable as... Read More possible and he makes it seem like he has known you for years! He guided us through the ceremony and he sets it all up in such a way that it really is beautiful, caring, and intimate. I honestly did not think much of the ceremony before the wedding. I kind of brushed it off as it wasn't really that big of deal, something that is boring and more of a formality than anything BUT as we went through it, it really became one of the most special moments of my life and part of that is because of the way Damian delivered it. It is more than what he says, it is the way he says it and puts it all into motion that makes it so special. He also offers counseling to give you tools to make your marriage as strong as possible. We really thought about doing it because of how comfortable he immediately made us feel but we live in Chicago so it would not work out for us.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Ashley R

We contacted Damian after we read several great reviews and we were not disappointed. During our initial meeting, we could tell that Damian and Jean were interested in our story, and this was not just “a job” for them. Throughout our whole process, he was always there to answer... Read More questions alleviate our concerns. He was very flexible with times and dates, even for a last minute change that we had. After our ceremony, several of our guests complimented Damian, liking his personality and positive energy. We are grateful for everything that he has done for us! We highly recommend United Marriage Services LLC!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Christina S

Damian King was the absolute best officiant ever. He not only performed the most magical ceremony of love and commitment for us, but he did so while meeting all of our requests including a candle-lighting, time capsule ceremony and rose ceremony on what I believe was likely the... Read More hottest day this summer with no complaints whatsoever. He was compassionate, he spoke clearly and even fixed a huge problem when another company's microphones went out as he projected his voice and continued the ceremony without hesitation. By doing so he saved the day and mood of the ceremony. I can't imagine our wedding day with anyone else. We were so happy to run into him on our 3-month anniversary and it felt like we were seeing a member of our family because of the warmth and comfort he exudes. It is so apparent that he enjoys what he does. His rehearsal is well-organized and he does an excellent job of rallying everyone together and explaining in detail the duties of all members of the wedding party. His laughter and happiness is contagious. All of our guests commented on how much they loved him, and we love him too.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Kyle W

Jean is extremely nice and professional! She made sure to cater to our needs. She also provides great value through her knowledge and experience. During the rehearsal she focused on little but important things such as reminding the bridesmaids to hold their flowers low to allow... Read More for photography. She is exceptionally good at making sure you will get every moment right. She also helps you prepare for your big day! We couldn't be more grateful for what she provided us that day. Thank you so much Jean!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Kaija M

From the first meeting all the way through until the Ceremony Damian was/is a stand up guy and is very professional. We loved our ceremony and we loved how we were so involved in the planning process. We will continue to recommend him to couples getting married. We truly... Read More appreciate you Damian! Thanks again!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Lauren Y

Jean and Damian were wonderful to work with!! We learned so much from the premarital classes with them. They truly set a wonderful foundation for us to build our marriage. Jean was a fantastic officiant for our wedding. She truly captured us as a couple, was laid back, organized... Read More and efficient and helped make our wedding day stress-free and everything we could have dreamed of!!! I would definitely recommend United Marriage Services!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 will t

Jean did an amazing job during our planning & ceremony. She was very helpful and really made us feel at ease during the whole process. I would highly recommend her services.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017

Maria and I struggled to find someone we knew to marry us. With a little help from our venue we met Damian. He worked with us to create a wedding ceremony and atmosphere we were comfortable with. You can tell he cares deeply about working with couples and went above our... Read More expectations. Great job, Damian!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Steffany C

Damian and Jean were a pleasure to work with throughout our entire process. They are both kind, caring and understanding individuals who really care about making your day fit your needs. Jean was our officiant for the day of the ceremony and helped us get develop our ceremony... Read More details. She is very responsive to email and helped keep us on track. Given scheduling conflicts, we had Damian for our actual wedding rehearsal - since he knew every detail of what we wanted as well, we had no concerns or ground to cover when Jean showed up the day of the wedding. Both work seamlessly together and either would be a fantastic choice as a wedding officiant. We did have one small mishap on the day of the wedding where our second-to-last draft of our ceremony script was read instead of our final draft. My husband and I were the only ones who noticed and it didn't stray far from our previous draft so at the end of the day it wasn't a huge deal. Despite this, we still wouldn't have changed our decision to go with United Marriage Services for our big day. They are professional, courteous and passionate about their job!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Trenton K

Jean and Damian were great! I would recommend them to anyone. They provide the experience and expertise to create a perfect experience for you and your bride. Jean officiated our ceremony and did a wonderful job creating a perfect stage for us to be married on and delivered the... Read More ceremony with articulation and passion. Thank you Jean!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Katie B

Damian and Jean are absolutely wonderful! We we're planning our wedding from states away and they were always on bored for whatever we needed through the process. The rehearsal and actual ceremony were beyond perfect. They such a great couple and a pleasure to work with!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Stefanie J

Jean did an excellent job for our August wedding. She made herself available to meet on the only weekend we were in town prior to our wedding. She did a wonderful job speaking at our rehearsal and our wedding. Jean was a little firm with our bridal party, but it was much needed... Read More since everyone was getting pretty rowdy. Big thanks to Jean for making our day special.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Rob R

Jean did an amazing job during our wedding ceremony. In the weeks and months leading up to our wedding, she provided thoughtful and articulate feedback and structure to our ceremony development. She ensured that our entire bridal party was confident in their roles during the... Read More rehearsal and gave us all tips on looking good for the photos. Her oration was articulate and calm. We received countless compliments on our ceremony from numerous guests - many stating that it was the most intimate and unique ceremony they had ever attended. Jean had a huge role to play in that. We could not be happier! Both Jean and Damian are wonderful humans and provided us with reassurance in the stressful weeks leading up to our big day.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Erica L

Do yourself a favor and look no further than Jean & Damian King for your wedding needs! They are not only great at what they do, they are overall just lovely people and so incredibly easy to work with. Jean was our wedding officiant, but we also took their foundation of... Read More marriage course so we interacted with Damian there as well. The premarital course was a great way for all of us to get to know each other before the big day. Jean always made herself extremely available to answer each and every question I had. She also gave us a ceremony outline that helped us with the layout, but she was more than willing to make some small changes so that all the wording was exactly as we wanted it. We heard from many of our guests that the ceremony was extremely heartfelt and the most unique they had witnessed, which is exactly what we were going for! My husband and I will always highly recommend Jean & Damian. Thank you both so much for being a special part of our journey!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Alison F

We had done a lot of research as a couple to try to find the perfect officiant to marry us. We discovered all the great reviews for Damian and Jean, and decided to give them a shot. The reviews did not lie. Not only did they marry us, but we also took a few couple's counseling... Read More classes prior to our big day. This allowed us to really get to know them as a couple, while they really got to know us as a couple. They are a lovely, and so easy to relate to. They offer guidance, but also listen in a comfortable setting. Together we assembled the perfect ceremony layout, and Damian made sure it was executed perfectly. He helped keep our wild (and very large) wedding party in line, and made sure we always kept our photos in mind when standing and hold our bouquets. In addition, took care of the marriage certificate after the ceremony, making it very stress-free for my new husband and I. Damian and Jean are WONDERFUL, and I would highly recommend them. They're accessible, affordable, patient, and so much fun. Thank you both so much for everything.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Amberle H

Damian did a great job officiating our wedding ceremony and was great to work with throughout the planning stages. He was responsive, professional and willing to customize our ceremony script to fit our personalities and the tone of our wedding. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Julie D

Damian went over and beyond! He was extremely professional from the first meeting, prep, rehearsal, and ceremony. He walked us through every step and quickly answered any questions we had. We would highly recommend him! He made our wedding day incredibly special.

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Olivia D

Loved Jean and Damian! They were so helpful from writing our ceremony to helping with he marriage certificate Jean helped me with anything needed along the way with the process... from beginning to end I really had no idea what I wanted as far as my ceremony you and your sign of... Read More a t other which I appreciated with finding and officiant you do knot know personally this personalizing your ceremony can be difficult so I was very pleased with everything!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Megan T

Jean officiated our July wedding and we couldn't have been more happy with the experience. She made sure our ceremony was exactly how we wanted it and we received SO many compliments on the ceremony itself. We were extremely happy with United Marriage Services and would... Read More recommend them for anyone getting married in the Columbus area!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Courtney T

Jean was amazing! She made the whole process so easy and so fun. I had no idea how to go about planning the ceremony and Jean was always offering advice and help along the way. Our ceremony went perfect!! We had so many compliments. She worked so hard to make sure it was exactly... Read More what we wanted. Meeting with Jean and Damian for the first time was so much fun. It was easy going and nice to just talk and get to know each other. I would absolutely recommend Damian and Jean as wedding officiants. They helped to make our special day exactly how we wanted! We could not be more thankful.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Jennifer M

Finding an officiant was one of the most challenging parts of planning our wedding, because neither of us knew what we were looking for, but we both felt that finding a good officiant was very important. Damian responded to our email very quickly and was very flexible in... Read More finding a time to meet with us, despite my husband and my very busy schedules. Prior to our meeting, they provided us with a worksheet to fill out which helped us discuss what we wanted in our ceremony and helped us collect our thoughts. At our meeting, we found Damian and Jean to be very genuine and thoughtful. After the meeting, they provided us with a framework that helped us develop our ceremony. I really don't think we could have come up with one without their help. The most incredible part actually came during the rehearsal. Due to poor planning on my part, we were scheduled to do the rehearsal after the rehearsal dinner. Of course, the rehearsal dinner ran late. I called Damian and he was able to change plans on a dime and come rehearse with us at the restaurant before desert! It wasn't ideal, but he made it work. The rehearsal really helped us feel more comfortable during the ceremony. Damian delivered the ceremony beautifully, and helped coach us through. Our guest commented on the great delivery and the familiar yet original ideas in our ceremony.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Melissa H

We liked Damian and his wife when we met them in February, and they seemed to understand what we were looking for: secular, relaxed, casual, easygoing. He has a "morality" clause in his contract that allows him to refuse to do any or all of a ceremony if it violates his ethics.... Read More I asked him what would cause him to do that, and he said that he had never needed to use it and that it was essentially there if someone wanted ritual animal slaughter or something like that. He sent me his template with basically "use this as a jumping off point" instructions. No timeline was given for when we needed to contact him with our ideas, which was a mistake on my part for not clarifying the way this would work. I contact him about 30 days before our wedding with my rough template for the ceremony, and several days later he sent an email asking to meet with us as "I would like to discuss the ceremony as it seems to be veering quite a bit from my style/comfort level." The only date we could meet with him as a couple would have been 2 weeks before the wedding, so we pressed him to tell us what was going on. Finally, he told us that he had a problem with the reading we had selected ("it is not the kind of reading I would include or have read in one of my ceremonies.") and basically that he would either a) meet with us to try to "work it out", b) get us in touch with another officiant that he knew who might be better suited for us, or c) refund out money. Again, this is all happening less than 30 days before our wedding. We opted to get our friend ordained and got a refund. In case you are wondering, the reading is "Quantum Entanglement" by Tyler Kent White (https://www.tylerkentwhite.com/products/quantum-entanglement). Damian never explained what his problem with this reading was, so we can only speculate. Again, this is someone who at our meeting was very adamant about the ceremony being about us and what we wanted, who knew we were not doing any sort of religious ceremony and that one of us was not religious in any way. Having all of this happen less than a month before the wedding caused a lot of unnecessary stress, and I still don't know what the exact issue was. I would not recommend using this vendor.

2017-10-08T17:58:55 Response from the vendor

I feel compassion for this bride right now. She was so stressed out. In 8 years of serving brides and close to 700+ mostly non-religious weddings this has never happened. This dear bride did not pay us and then expected me to still be her... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Melissa R

Damian is fantastic! He is a true expert at officiating weddings and will work with you to make it your own. He also provided guidance to our bridal party about how to stand (to make sure they all looked good in pictures!). He was accommodating when we had a few last minute... Read More changes. He is such kind person and is GREAT at officiating! You won't be let down.

Damian & Jean King

Jean and I will design a ceremony as a celebration of your love for each other! (As we do with each bride and groom) We are very pleased to work with you in your unique relationship as you become husband and wife. We want to get to know you to see if being a part of your journey together is the right thing. We offer optional pre-marriage classes that many brides truly enjoy as we get to know you even better, while you gain tools to keep your marriage strong! We look forward to hearing from you, and perhaps realizing together that this is a good next step for your wonderful future.