Stress-free, calm and peaceful wedding ceremonies!

How would you like to just relax and enjoy your day? To experience the joy of a ceremony designed just for you? Perhaps you desire a shorter, not-stuffy ceremony, or something more. Civil or religious, our privilege is to make your dream a reality! Whether you are nervous in front of people or enjoy the spotlight, we offer the kind of support to make it easy for you to have the best day possible. We’ve served hundreds of brides since 2010 with wonderful results, reviews, and awards. Experienced and caring, we provide the kind of worry-free flexibility, know-how, and resources to help you achieve the wedding of your dreams! We also offer optional pre-marriage classes. We’d like to get to know you! Please contact us to make an appointment. Husband and wife team, Damian and Jean

Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Orthodox, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Restorationist, Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Conservative, Reform, Jewish, Muslim, Secular

Ceremony, Wedding

995 Goodale Blvd, Grandview Heights, OH Greater Columbus Ohio and beyond (614) 546-9634

AWESOME Dual Team! Damian & Jean

Reviewed on 11/17/2015

Mike and I were a little hesitant to have someone marry us that did not know us individually or our journey together as a couple. After exhausting all of our options, we asked the venue for suggestions. That is how we found the AWESOME dual team of Damian and Jean. They... Read More responded quickly to our inquiry for their services and during the first meeting we felt so comfortable with them. The stress of finding the perfect person to marry us was lifted off our shoulders. The rehearsal/wedding ceremony couldn't have gone better. Jean was on time, professional and calm which is what you need on your wedding day. She really did a great job. During our rehearsal, she coached the bridal party on how to walk, pose, hold the bouquet etc… so the pictures would turn out great! That really was a WOW moment for me. She wanted us to have the perfect experience and we loved all of her suggestions. Her voice was beautiful and she spoke clearly and confidently. We also decided to take 5 pre- marital coaching classes before our wedding. Of course, we always went over our time but they never rushed us and made sure that we were done with our last thoughts/conversation before we walked out the door. We learned so much in those 5 classes. The topics discussed really helped us to connect with each other. I felt the dual team was great! We were able to understand/listen/hear the man and the woman’s point of view versus just one side. You can see the love, struggle and growth they experienced as a couple. I really appreciate their vulnerability as a couple and as an individual. We have a lot of respect for them and they really impacted our lives. They are compassionate, genuine, good people.

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 Laura A

Jean was AMAZING! We wish that we could find enough words to describe how important she was to our special day, but words simply cannot do her enough justice. From the moment we first met with her she made us feel calm and comfortable with the whole process. She made sure that... Read More everything was ready on the big day and made us feel at ease through the whole process. She was very organized and made sure every moment of our big day would remain a great memory for years to come. Her delivery of the ceremony was perfect. She kept a smile and great attitude the entire time and made sure the focus was always on us. We will recommend her to anyone that we know that is getting married and is in need of an officiant.

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Meagan W

Damian hit it out of the park! He was so amazing and so helpful. He knows how to deliver a memorable and special ceremony! When we first met him he gave us so many resources and was always offering to help us in any way. He really wants to make your ceremony as memorable as... Read More possible and he makes it seem like he has known you for years! He guided us through the ceremony and he sets it all up in such a way that it really is beautiful, caring, and intimate. I honestly did not think much of the ceremony before the wedding. I kind of brushed it off as it wasn't really that big of deal, something that is boring and more of a formality than anything BUT as we went through it, it really became one of the most special moments of my life and part of that is because of the way Damian delivered it. It is more than what he says, it is the way he says it and puts it all into motion that makes it so special. He also offers counseling to give you tools to make your marriage as strong as possible. We really thought about doing it because of how comfortable he immediately made us feel but we live in Chicago so it would not work out for us.

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Teresa S

Our officiant was Damian King through the United Marriage Services, and he did a wonderful job officiating our ceremony! I loved the outline he provided to help us plan our ceremony and he did a great job making sure everything would sound good and run smoothly. There was even a... Read More last-minute change in our line-up and he took care of things to make sure it was everything we wanted it to be. His mic even went out at the beginning of our ceremony, but was able to project his voice enough for everyone to hear. I would highly recommend his services to anyone!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Samantha R

Damian was our Officiant for 5/13/17 and we couldn't be more happy about our ceremony and the planning process. He takes the time to get to know you before officiating your ceremony and went above and beyond to customize it to fit our personalities. We received so many... Read More compliments from family and friends and it's easy to understand why! I would absolutely recommend Damian & his team for your ceremony. Thank you so much for providing us with a wonderful experience and meaningful ceremony that we will cherish through our lives together.

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Cindy S

Damian did a terrific job for us. He nicely balanced the religious elements of the ceremony with a wonderfully celebratory tone. He obviously loves what he does and has genuine concern for each couple he works with. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Heather D

Damian and Jean are such a good team and two truly amazing people. When my husband and I went searching for both an officiant and someone to do some premarital classes, another officiant recommended Damian and Jean. We could not be happier!! We felt like we were speaking with... Read More old friends from the very first meeting. They never rushed through any of our classes and truly tailored it to us. I would recommend that you try to book them early as they do tend to fill up. I was so impressed with all of the tips that Damian gave everyone during our rehearsal. The ceremony was individualized to our taste. We did take Jean's suggestion of a time capsule as an alternative to a Unity Candle and are so glad that we did! My father in law made a beautiful box for it and two of our friends have decided to steal the idea for their own wedding. Our guests are still talking about Damian announcing us at the end of the wedding, they were all very impressed with the job he did at our ceremony, as are we. Can not say enough good things about Damian and Jean!

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Courtney S

Our experience with Damian and Jean could not be better! They truly are the best!! We had done a lot of research before deciding on an officiant for our wedding, but once we met Damian and Jean we did not need to look any further! They immediately felt like close friends by... Read More letting us in with their very touching story of how they met and by how they constantly wanted to know more about us! I'd recommend them for every bride and groom in need. You will not be disappointed! Thanks again Damian and Jean and happy holidays to you both! Xoxo Andrew &a Courtney Schroeder

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Katie L

My husband and I were introduced to Damian and Jean by our wedding planner, Meleka Jolliff. We decided early on that we did not want to have a traditional ceremony. While neither of us are religious, we are spiritual and wanted to find a way to tie that in. What we found so... Read More great about Damian was that he was incredibly willing to adapt to what we wanted from our ceremony. He guided us through the planning of our ceremony with a simple outline, and left it up to us to decide what content we wanted to fill it with. Prior to the wedding we elected to attend a few pre-marital sessions with Damian and Jean. Like a lot of couples, we have to say, we were a bit hesitant at first thinking "but we don't have any relationship issues, why do we need counseling?" Looking back, we learned a lot from those sessions about what to expect during our first year of marriage. We discussed techniques to communicate better on a daily and situational basis. We found the sessions to be very informative. Damian and Jean were extremely compassionate and took time to get to know us as a couple. Our wedding day was spectacular. The ceremony went off as smooth as possible, with great thanks to Damian. Damian's presence during our ceremony helped to settle my nerves. Damian did a wonderful job of sharing our story with our guests in a creative, fun, and tasteful way. We would highly recommend Damian and Jean to anyone who is getting married for both pre-marital counseling and day-of officiating . We are pleased to have come across such wonderful people.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jordan S

Damian was the PERFECT fit for our wedding. He made the entire process so easy and really helped to relieve any anxieties that my husband and I may have had about the ceremony. With all of the commotion and planning that goes into a wedding, I felt very lucky to have chosen... Read More Damian as our officiant. My overall experience with United Marriage Services was wonderful and I would definitely recommend them to anyone who asked.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Sarah K

I highly recommend choosing Damian as your wedding officiant. From the beginning of the wedding planning process I knew we were in good hands, from the raved reviews from people we met along the way that knew him at our venue to the first meeting with him and his wife- very... Read More detail oriented and organized. Our guests loved that our ceremony included personalized remarks we had said about each other. Damian put everything we said together beautifully to create such a special and personalized insight into our relationship for our guests to enjoy and for the ceremony to be even more meaningful and special for us to remember forever.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Maegan J

Me & my husband Justin looked for someone who we thought would get the job done for our special day. Everything went perfect except for Justin's ring not fitting him and having to put it on his pinky finger. Something we will never forget & always get to giggle about it later on... Read More but we're gald we had you and thank you so much Damian for making that special day happen for us!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Eric D

Damian did I great job officiating our wedding ceremony. He was very helpful in providing suggestions and was also flexible in accommodating our requests. He can provide you with a templated script of sorts to help with the development of the ceremony itself. That was very... Read More helpful. With him it can be as customized or short as you want. It is very personalized. He is a very nice guy and I would highly recommend him for a secular ceremony, which is what we had. His delivery is very enthusiastic in terms of the ceremony itself, but we thought that was fine.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Leah O

My wedding was July 15th 2016- We loved Damian ! He was recommended to us by our venue , he was very nice , helped us along and on time and our guest loved him!! He truly loves what we does and always does his best , We couldn't of picked anyone better then him. We really... Read More enjoyed having him there and We will always recommend him to others.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Dusti S

Wouldn't change a thing about our wedding day, including our wonderful officiant Damian King! From our first meeting with Damian, to corresponding before the big day, rehearsal and wedding day, he was supportive, enthusiastic and genuine. He's truly gifted at speaking and... Read More offers those in his presence a truly remarkable ceremony filled with laughter and memories to last a lifetime. Thank you so much for being part of our day, Damian!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Taylor C

Damian was the perfect fit to be our marriage officiant! My husband is jewish & I am christian so Damian was able to help us create a ceremony that involved both religions. This definitely was a huge relief because we were worried about finding someone to compromise and marry an... Read More interfaith couple. Our first meeting with him was perfect and we got the majority of the ceremony parts done that day. He also was able to keep in touch with us since we lived out of state. We were able to personalize each part of the ceremony including writing our own vows which I know our guests enjoyed. Thank you Damian for making the process so smooth! Taylor & Jonathan Cohen

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Katie T

Damian was the perfect wedding officiant! He went above and beyond to make sure our wedding ceremony transpired exactly as we hoped and planned. Damian took the time to meet both my husband and I before the wedding and learn about each of our families. He was always very... Read More professional and responsive to inquired and requested. I can't say enough about how much we appreciated his input and experience. He provided his expert opinion throughout the process and particularly during the rehearsal regarding ceremony flow and alignment for photos. There's no doubt he is one of the best in the business. I will be forever grateful for all of Damian's effort and the experience and professionalism he conveyed on our big day. I would absolutely recommend Damian to any couple looking for a wedding officiant!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Heather D

We cannot thank Damian enough for helping us very step of the way for making our ceremony nearly perfect. He scripts everything out for the couple making the process very easy and is completely open to making the it exactly the way you want it. He does not push anything on you,... Read More and wants what you want. Which was very nice having because some officiants push what is most common. We were looking for someone with a stern voice, and a friendly smile and we honestly got just that! He is powerful in his words, keeping friends and family interested during the ceremony and was wonderful to all our guest!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Katie B

My new husband and I were very lucky to have worked with such a fun, upbeat, charismatic guy like Damian King. We were originally concerned that we wouldn't be able to find someone to marry us because we both came from secular families and we also had a very specific vision of... Read More what our ceremony would be. I've known my husband for 10 years, and we were dating for nearly 8 consecutive years by the time we were married and being as young as we are at 24, that's really quite unique. Damian understood this and helped us come up with the perfect ceremony, no frills, just our story, our love, and our future. The whole experience was fun and light-hearted and celebratory because he really took the time to listen to us. I really felt that Damian cared about giving us our dream wedding and he even called me the night before the rehearsal dinner to see how I was doing and if I had everything ready for the big day. He was an absolute joy to work with, very accommodating, and exactly what we wanted. I would recommend him to absolutely anyone.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jessica M

When my husband and I were researching officiants, Damian's name came highly recommended. He was extremely flexible in regards to meeting with us since my husband is military and was unable to attend an initial meeting. I was very impressed with our initial call and Damian was... Read More more than prepared. We were completely unsure what we wanted to do with our ceremony. The only thing we did know was that we did not want religion to play a part since we are not the church-going type. Damian was able to provide us many different script and ceremony options to customize our day and was also open to other ideas to make the day more our own. His wife, Jean, is also fantastic! Damian had a wedding to attend the day before ours, so his wife filled in for the rehearsal. She arrived an hour early to the venue to go over some things and was very patient. I had been frazzled that day and she was a GREAT help! She also had some great pointers on how to make the day of run smoothly. When Damian arrived the day of, he was very well-informed and full of enthusiasm for our big day. I liked that he let me choose his tie - he had a tie that matched wonderfully with the guys in the wedding party! You can tell these two love doing what they do. They are eager and willing to answer questions and know a lot about the marriage process. Just give them a call already ;)

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Lindsey J

From the moment we met Damion we knew we wanted him to marry us. He exceeded all expectations on every aspect and we had our dream wedding just as we planned.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Sarah W

Rebekah King is such a kind-hearted, caring and sweet individual and we couldn’t have asked for a more perfect person to officiate the best day of our lives! Rebekah was truly invested in us, our story and helped execute the most personalized and heartfelt ceremony we could ask... Read More for! We highly recommend United Marriage Services!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Molly D

We are so thankful that we had Damien as our officiant! He was exactly who we had hoped for with his projecting voice and command of the ceremony. What we were not expecting was the variables that Damien had to deal with. We had a huge wedding party with 12 bridesmaids and 12... Read More groomsmen. He did a great job navigating and corralling all of us for the rehearsal. Then for the wedding ceremony 5 minutes into the outdoor ceremony a storm blew in. Damien kept his cool and helped us keep our cool. He was truly great with us as we navigated getting quickly through the outdoor ceremony in an extremely shortened version and then restaging the inside of our venue to allow us to complete the ceremony in full. Damien also did a really nice job personalizing the ceremony as he explained a touching story of our time capsule love box. We were truly thankful Damien was our officiant and we highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Stacie S

My husband and I were referred to United Marriage Services in 2014, shortly after we became engaged. It was important to us to be married by someone who took the time to get to know us a bit as a couple - we didn't want to be married by a stranger, and we wanted the entire... Read More experience of our engagement and ceremony to feel personal. That is exactly what we were fortunate enough to find with Damian and Jean King. We signed up for their Marriage Foundation classes after our initial meeting with them, and immediately felt as though we were investing in not only our wedding ceremony, but our marriage as a whole. The classes gave us an opportunity to help answer questions we had, learn about important "building blocks" of marriage, and lay out a plan for a long term successful union. I truly believe those classes were a wonderful way to begin our life as husband and wife – and Damian and Jean are such a fun, loving couple! We loved them instantly! By the time we reached our wedding day, I felt as if Damian and Jean knew us, cared about us, and were genuinely happy to share our special day with us. Our ceremony was filled with love and laughter; it could not have been a more perfect day. We still talk about how lucky we were to find United Marriage Services. Their guidance and involvement helped us start our married life in the best way possible.

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Alexa M

Jean and Damian are a wonderful couple with huge hearts and have an amazing way of making you feel at ease when meeting with them. At the wedding rehearsal Jean was a life saver when it came to rounding everyone up and telling them what to do, she definitely kept me together... Read More and calmed my nerves. I feel like I have a true relationship with her now. Our ceremony was beautiful and exactly what I had imagined. I would strongly recommend working with United Marriage Services!

Damian & Jean King

Jean and I will design a ceremony as a celebration of your love for each other! (As we do with each bride and groom) We are very pleased to work with you in your unique relationship as you become husband and wife. We want to get to know you to see if being a part of your journey together is the right thing. We offer optional pre-marriage classes that many brides truly enjoy as we get to know you even better, while you gain tools to keep your marriage strong! We look forward to hearing from you, and perhaps realizing together that this is a good next step for your wonderful future.