Kansas City Based Wedding Film Company

United Media Collective is a small group of creatives dedicated to telling the stories of wanderers. Each of us has an intense passion for loving and serving others. We love honest emotion and true moments. We don’t love staging and false memories. We like to call ourselves storytellers and it would be an honor to tell yours!

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Full-Length Video, Highlight Video, Video, Photo + Video

Kansas City & Traveling (913) 980-1705
WEBSITE INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Alexandra M

5 stars can't begin to cover how much we love John. Not only did he create BEAUTIFUL content that we'll treasure forever (which I'll get to in a second), but he brought such fun, positive and overall awesome energy to our wedding. We feel like we've made a new friend that we... Read More hope to see at all of our friends' weddings. From a logistical standpoint, he's timely, organized and works hard to understand exactly what you're looking for.... then delivers beyond what you could've imagined. I wanted something that relayed both the seriousness and emotion of the day while also showing the joy and happiness... and he nailed it. The music choices, style and vibe were exactly what I was looking for. John truly went above and beyond. We can't recommend him more!

2017-08-02T14:32:01 Response from the vendor

You two were incredible to work with and I can't thank you enough for being so awesome! Your words mean so much to me and I am honored to know you'll forever treasure your wedding film:)

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Michaela W

John was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day! Nothing preserves the memories of your special day like video does. Our experience with John before our wedding was great! When we met him on wedding day, he was equally as kind, respectful, outgoing, and talented... Read More as he was on the phone. We had family members and friends tell us they thought he was a long time friend, due to his genuine spirit, how well he got along with us, and his interaction with guests. He was professional and stayed on the sidelines, but also made it a point to be excited about the celebration of our wedding with guests. I love that we still stay in touch today! His professionalism during the whole process blew me away. John emailed our photographer to introduce himself, tell her he valued her work and wanted to work together, instead of competing for shots, to make us as the bride and groom, SO happy with our images and film. The two of them did just that! I can't say enough good things about the end product of our wedding film. I work in the wedding and creative industry myself, so I've watched a lot of wedding videos and knew what I wanted for ours. We talked on the phone about the vision, then I trusted John with his craft and what he delivered is nothing short of amazing! I tear up every time I watch it (which is often!) because of the intention he filmed with in capturing every important moment. The day we got back from our honeymoon, John surprised us with a text containing our 1 minute wedding film trailer. It was so thoughtful! He also worked with the photographer on the photo delivery date to make sure he delivered our film the same week. Our actual wedding film is incredible and something I'll cherish forever. I'm so thankful that not only we hired a videographer, but that it was John, specifically. He is a true storyteller! I will be referring John to all my engaged friends!

2017-07-27T19:18:45 Response from the vendor

Can't thank you enough for inviting us into your special day, Michaela! You and McCann are amazing and we're so glad we get to be your friend!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Darcie F

John and his team made my and my husband's wedding day a joyous breeze! He has this peace about him that makes everyone want to be his best friend. We picked up on that after John met us for coffee prior to the wedding and genuinely just wanted to get to know us deeply! It meant... Read More so much for him to go out of his way to do so. Quality service is hard to come by these days, and when you get that mixed with a beautiful product it's a win win! John and his second shooter captured all of our most precious moments throughout our wedding day. Gorgeous videography and meaningful connections, you can't get much better than that. Thank you, United Media Collective!

2017-07-27T19:19:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Darcie! You and Stephen are amazing people and your families treated us so well. We can't wait to see you again!:)

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Brittany M

Wow John is just incredible. He met with us early on to discuss what our vision was for the wedding was and helped us design the right package for our video. He is just so talented and was very flexible and easy to work with on and leading up to our wedding day. I can't wait to... Read More see the final video he produces, as I know it will be spectacular ❤️ I would recommend him to anyone looking to capture their special day with a meaningful video.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Amber P

John has been such an amazing person to work with! He created such a BEAUTIFUL keepsake video that we will cherish forever. He traveled to our dream destination wedding and helped make the day unforgettable. There was not a dry eye in our reception hall as our breath-taking... Read More video was played. Each time we watch our video it feels as if we are reliving the happiest day of our life! *Happy tears included* His love for his job shows in his work. John and our photographer have traveled together for several weddings and we were lucky enough to be one of them!!!! Keep up the amazing work John , you truly have a gift!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Liz R

John is absolutely incredible. He is the most caring and genuine human I have ever known. He seeks to serve people so well which means that he also seeks to serve his bride and grooms as if they were the only people in the world. He creates the most deeply beautiful and moving... Read More wedding + engagement films that truly DOCUMENT who people are and tell their story in the most true and honest way. If you want your story told true to who you are in the most beautiful and artistic form, book John of United Media Collective--it will be the best wedding planning decision you will make.

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Abby B

Aaron and I got married last April and we've had some time to reflect and think about all that we loved about our big day. We were eager to ask family friends to help us so we could financially support people we already knew and loved. Half of the battle of the wedding planning... Read More process is the stress of ensuring everything will be just how you imagine it. But John did an amazing job of figuring out the specific details we wanted to make sure were included and he took the time to get to know who Aaron and I are as a couple and what we are passionate about so that he could capture it in our wedding day footage. And he did just that. On the day of, John had the most perfect balance of stepping back and letting the magic happen and pulling us aside to tell us a great idea he had. John was an amazing partner on our big day and I cannot imagine it going as smoothly as it did. We would not have asked for anything different. Our video and additional footage was perfect!

2017-07-27T19:20:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you Abby & Aaron! Y'all are so so fun and your love story is so worth hearing! It was an honor to get to know you even better and tell your story.

John Stambaugh

Hi there, I am John Stambaugh, the founder of United Media Collective! Here are a couple of quick facts about me... I love Jesus with my whole heart. I really love people. Quoting movies with my little sister is a real hobby. I’m big on great coffee (let’s get some soon!). Music is a key part of my life. I never read as much as I want to. And finally, I started this company because I desire to show each person how valuable they are by tangibly documenting and telling their story!