Northeast Ohio's Premier Wedding Officiants

**PLEASE CONTACT US THROUGH MY WEBSITE... and also to check booking availability :)** https://clevelandweddingofficiant.me/ Welcome to Unity Ceremonies - I specialize in non-denominational & secular wedding ceremonies in NE Ohio. I will preside over your ceremony with professionalism and care! Personalize your ceremony as you wish (vows, readings, unity ceremony) and I will do the rest! LEAD WITH LOVE! Matt

Religious Affiliations

Baha'i Faith, Buddhist, Catholic, Mormon, Orthodox, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Restorationist, Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Conservative, Reform, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Secular, Sikh, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

Ceremony, Wedding

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100

Gates Mills, OH Northeast Ohio and surrounding areas (216) 341-6546

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Kira R

Matt was fantastic! I was an out of state bride and he was wonderfully accomadating when it came to scheduling meetings and great at keeping in touch via phone and email. He truly listened to what we wanted for our ceremony and did a great job. Our ceremony couldn’t have been... Read More more perfect!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Carolyn S

Matt was so great to work with! The ceremony was personal and we got so many compliments on how beautiful the ceremony was. From helping with the rehearsal to just giving helpful advice, we couldn't have found anyone better as our officiant. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Amanda S

Matt was awesome. He is an incredible professional, and has an amazing presence. He gave us a customized, personal, and touching ceremony, and did a great job of running the rehearsal. I would definitely recommend his services to anyone.

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Stephanie L

Matt was truly amazing! He worked with us every step of the way to help create our perfect ceremony. Your wedding day can be nerve wracking and Matt helped us feel at ease.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Sally E

As a recent addition to the Unity Ceremonies team, Ericka did an excellent job on making our special day everything we hoped for and more. From the beginning all the way up to the very end of the wedding process, she was beyond accommodating, thorough and professional. Her... Read More compassionate, caring manner really shines through her work. We are so grateful to have had Ericka officiate our wedding and highly recommend her for your special day!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Renee B

My husband and I could not be happier with the officiant services Ericka provided for our wedding. She was extremely flexible throughout the entire wedding process - including setting up an initial face-to-face consultation and responding to my many questions. She was also... Read More flexible in adding and making changes to the ceremony until we were happy with it all. Ericka also attended our rehearsal the day before and helped us understand how everything would proceed. On our wedding day, she was a calming influence to both of us, which we really appreciated! Ericka officiated our ceremony with assurance, grace and warmth. We couldn't have been happier.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Julie F

Working with Unity Ceremonies worked great for our wedding! We were looking for a religious, but non denominational ceremony for our outdoor wedding. Matt was wonderful to work with and accommodation throughout the entire process!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Erin F

We are so happy to have chosen Unity Ceremonies to officiate our wedding. We wanted a non-religious but spiritual ceremony and Matt is awesome! He is responsive and timely in his communication and very receptive to thoughts and ideas. The vows he came up with were literally... Read More perfect. So many of our guests were complimenting us and saying that they had never heard such beautiful vows before. You can tell that Matt puts a lot of time and chooses his wording very carefully and considerately. He was great to work with and we had such a beautiful ceremony. Would book again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Beth E

Matt was an outstanding officiant. He did such a great job with our ceremony and was always available to answer any questions we had prior to the big day. We received tons of compliments on him after the ceremony!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Laura K

Matt was absolutely amazing from the planning process, to the rehearsal and in the big day. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He was also extremely helpful when it was planned to rain for our outside ceremony. I can't say enough great things, thanks Matt!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Renee Z

Matt was extremely professional and kept everything/everyone organized. His calm demeanor was exactly what we needed at the rehearsal and the day of and I would recommend him to any of my friends/family. My husband and I wanted an interfaith wedding and he executed the whole... Read More thing perfectly! We never met him face-to-face until the day before the wedding at the rehearsal, but his communication prior made us feel like we already knew him and as soon as we did meet him, we knew we made the right choice. You will not regret choosing Matt as your official at your wedding, I have nothing but positive things to say about him!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Shana G

If you are looking for a GREAT officiant, I definitely recommend Matt. He is professional, but fun, and wrote the perfect vows for us. He was down to earth, and incorporated a perfect mix of spiritual (for our religious guests), and just pure love into our ceremony. He was... Read More always available to talk about the ceremony at a moments notice, and I honestly can't say enough good things about him. He was definitely worth every dollar, and really made me feel at ease, which is always a good sign when you can remove some stress from the bride!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Jade D

Matt is an outstanding officiant and true professional. We asked for a short, sweet, and secular ceremony, and he delivered. We can’t say enough about how easy he made everything. He provided a list of sample vows that we were able to customize and then took care of the... Read More rest, himself. He put together a beautiful ceremony that suited us perfectly after only having had two short conversations with us. Matt has a very calming demeanor to him, which is extremely helpful, given the chaotic nature of a rehearsal and wedding. He also stands out for his commitment to providing an exceptional service at a fair price, which cannot be said for others in the industry. He was easily one of our favorite vendors to work with, and we would highly recommend him to any couples going a non-church route for their wedding.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Jacalyn R

Matt is absolutely terrific! We were struggling to find someone to perform a non-religious ceremony that was also down-to-earth, and luckily found Unity Ceremonies' website! Matt is VERY quick to respond and puts all your worries at ease. He was the perfect blend of... Read More commanding and kind during our rehearsal and was warm and gracious on our wedding day. He created a beautiful ceremony for us, tailored to our level of comfort. He has a great speaking voice and a good heart! A few people were surprised at how much we paid for an officiant, but Matt was absolutely worth the price in my opinion. I would choose Unity again in a heartbeat and recommend to all! THANK YOU MATT!

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Beth C

Matt was a fantastic choice for our officiant. My husband and I live in Las Vegas and did all our planning and communication from across the country. We contacted Matt about a month ahead of our wedding, so very last minute. He was great to work with and made everything easier... Read More on us. We felt very comfortable with him and he reassured us everything would run smoothly. It definitely did! Our guests loved the ceremony and my husband and I were very happy with it! I definitely recommend Matt to anyone who wants their ceremony personalized and run by someone who actually cares! :)

Reviewed on 6/02/2016

We were skeptical about finding someone to marry us as we wanted to get married outside of the church. Upon finding Matt on The Knot and reviewing his website, it was clear that he was what we were looking for in an Officiant. From the get go, he was clear about what he is... Read More able to provide, clear on what he wanted from us and professional when it came to the contract and money side of things. He was helpful every step along the way in developing our perfect ceremony and was always there to help answer questions regarding the ceremony. On our wedding weekend, he was quite organized at the rehearsal knowing everyone's name and how they should line up and where they should be standing so that the pictures looked perfect! He was kind, energetic, and welcoming to everyone. The day of the wedding, he was neatly dressed and a suit that matched our colors, early enough to coordinate with our sound guy and the musicians and even helped in arranging chairs and some decorations last minute! The ceremony itself was the finest I have ever heard, and our family and guests echoed the same sentiment. It was beautifully written and the flow of the ceremony was perfect for what we wanted. Matt was not reading the ceremony and there were no mistakes what so ever in his prose - I can say with confidence that Matt provided exactly what we were looking for. Matt's services come at a premium - but it was worth every penny for what was the beginning of our lives together. We recommend him!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016

Matt was wonderfully accommodating and professional, helping us craft a truly unique ceremony. He made sure that he was aware of the names and relationships of all parties involved with the ceremony and even though we didn't have a rehearsal, all things went smoothly. We didn't... Read More have a bridal party and had our ceremony at a small gazebo, so when our guests were confused about where to stand, Matt took charge and invited everyone to come close and surround us - which is exactly what we had wanted and weren't able to communicate ourselves. Matt prepared an opening talk that delicately balanced our parents desires for a traditional ceremony with our hope of a non-faith based ceremony. His words were heartfelt as well as eloquently written and delivered. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding officiant! We highly recommend Matt for your wedding too! -Em and Mike (happy bride and groom)

Reviewed on 3/14/2016

Matt was absolutely wonderful! Our ceremony was beautiful and flawless. Matt was incredibly professional and prompt and made us feel comfortable and confident throughout the entire process. We were very pleased with his services and very highly recommend him. Look no further...... Read More Matt is awesome!!

My Dream Wedding!!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Colleen E

What can I say...Matt made my dream of a "Fairytale-in-the-Forest-Wedding" come true!! Matt was completely professional, full of love and kindness and in constant communication with us from our first conversation to the moment he pronounced my now husband and I as husband and... Read More wife. We eloped to Ohio ((where we're originally from)) and said 'I do' in a secret ceremony in the Gorge Metro Park. Matt hiked with us at dusk...in the rain...to a cave, where we said our vows. Witnessed only by our photographer, two hikers and a park ranger...our ceremony was nothing less than magical! I am so happy that Matt was part of our special day. He is an amazing person and I highly recommend his services to anyone looking for the perfect officiant for their wedding...or elopement:) xoxo

Such wonderful words

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Claire O

We found Matt on The Knot and after meeting him one time, we felt like we'd known him for years. He listened to our request for a ceremony that focused more on love but still had a religious touch for the family members. He spoke about a similar situation from his own... Read More wedding experience and that gave me such trust in him. Matt led a fantastically calm, smooth and organized rehearsal and left me (and the groom and the family) with complete confidence that the next day will be wonderful. On the day of, Matt was on time, calm and looked great! But more importantly was the message that he wrote for us. It was filled with such love and wonderful words! It was more beautiful than I could have asked for! Matt will give you a wonderful ceremony that will make your day complete!! Lead with love! Thanks Matt! Claire and Kevin Factor

So us...

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Kristin C

Matt was able to create exactly what we wanted in a wedding ceremony within a very short amount of time. The words he spoke couldn't have been more perfect or more "us". Many of our guests complimented the simple and individualized wedding ceremony and said they have never been... Read More more emotional at a wedding. Thank you again for spending your birthday at our wedding and making sure our day was perfect!

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Jasmine R

I was cool as the breeze in the weeks leading up to my wedding. It wasn't until the day of the rehearsal that I began freaking out! Matt was able to calm my nerves, take control, and give everyone direction. Everything turned out great! I couldn't have imagined a more perfect... Read More ceremony. He took the time to get to know exactly what my husband and I wanted in our wedding. He catered the ceremony to our liking. We as well as everyone who witnessed our union could feel the sincerity in his words. My husband and I are tremendously pleased with Matt, and would recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/27/2015

Matt was great to work with and really listened to all our specific requests around what we did and did not want in the ceremony. We loved the wedding blessing he gave, and continue to have people tell us how much they liked our ceremony, and what a great job Matt did. He was... Read More extremely easy to work with, and always promptly answered any questions we had throughout the entire process. Highly recommend!

Garden setting, Secular ceremony

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 urjdjf d

Matt did a great job acting as the officiant at my daughter's wedding ceremony. We contacted him within just a few weeks of the wedding date. He made himself accessible to us, making himself available to us even though we were on vacation, and even though the bride was out of... Read More state. During the ceremony, Matt showed poise and presence. He was well prepared. Matt has a professional speaking voice and demeanor which set just the right tone of solemnity, without being too formal or stiff. It was not his fault, but he did the whole ceremony without the benefit of a rehearsal! We were very lucky to have Matt as part of our wedding. He truly is a gem!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Christina H

Matt married us on July 11, 2015. We cannot say enough great things about him! As cliche as it may sound, when we first met Matt (super accommodating by the way- was happy to meet us at our local Starbucks just a few minutes away from us), we knew it was meant to be! We had all... Read More of these crazy connections, and upon meeting, he immediately made us feel comfortable. We had what most would call an interfaith ceremony which incorporated both Christian and Jewish elements. I’ll admit we had no idea what we were doing in putting this together, as none of my several married friends had an interfaith ceremony (this is what worried us and made us question most of the other officiants we had spoken with). But Matt willingly walked us through everything and was a great communicator throughout the whole planning process. He called/emailed back promptly with detailed responses, right up until the wedding day. He was happy to attend the rehearsal and was always well-prepared. Matt honestly cares about the couples he marries, and there was never a moment where we doubted that! His care and concern radiated through every time we met/spoke with him. He truly put together the most incredible, beautiful ceremony I have ever seen (and I don’t think I’m being biased here!). :) He dressed very professionally and was incredibly well-spoken and loud (which was important with an outdoor ceremony). We received SEVERAL compliments regarding Matt and the ceremony afterwards. Guests are still talking about how perfect it was! We could not be happier with our choice to have Matt officiate our wedding; we are impatiently and eagerly awaiting our video to re-live it! It was a magical day. You absolutely cannot go wrong in choosing Unity Ceremonies- a real class act- we promise, you won’t regret it!

Matt

I believe in the power of positive thinking. This you will hear in your wedding ceremony; it is a true reminder of what it will be like to be united in marriage. I believe in gratitude; outward praise for life, love, health and the Earth. I believe in the blessing to be mindful of your spouse and to above all, make him or her happy. I believe in simple, true love. I am truly dedicated to being officiants and feel honored and blessed to be able to share this amazing experience with couples. I promise you the utmost professionalism and care. Please visit my website for more info:)