Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

1420 Belasco Ave, Pittsburgh, PA (412) 563-2772

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Katherine H

Tim and Janet were amazing! Having Janet around the day of the wedding was so helpful! I didn’t have to worry about anything. She found and assembled the members of the wedding party, introduced events, and even kept watch for our shuttle to return and leave the venue. During... Read More dinner, Tim kept the music mellow and soft, I had a number of guests comment on how nice it was to be able to talk to each other during dinner. After the party started, the dance floor was never empty. He knew just what to play and when to play it. Great Job!

So much more than a DJ

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Elizabeth W

You get so much more than just a DJ when you book Tim and Janet. Tim is a great DJ and kept people dancing all night. The real plus of booking with them is Janet, sorry Tim, you're great too. Janet is an excellent emcee and coordinator. She checked on us throughout the evening... Read More making sure everything was running smoothly and getting us anything we needed.

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Amanda L

Couldn't say more wonderful things about Tim and Janet. They totally understood that we were working on a budget and were really helpful with that. They were professional, yet fun to work with, which is a hard combination to find. They had the perfect mix of dancing tunes... Read More without making it like a club. We had a BLAST and they knew exactly how to work the dance floor. People at our wedding were saying how awesome the music was and that they've never seen so many people dancing at a wedding. Thanks guys!!!

aug 10 wedding

Reviewed on 9/10/2013 Brittany G

Tim and Janet are great! They kept the night running smoothly and our dance floor was packed the entire night! highly recommend.

Upbeat Entertainment

Reviewed on 9/09/2013 Sara L

They kept our guests dancing all night! Janet was so organized and made sure everyone was where they needed to be the entire evening to make sure everything went exactly as planned.

Just okay

Reviewed on 8/11/2013 Julie G

They were nice to work with but I didn't love them as a dj. They played the wrong song for the bridal party to walk into, which is my biggest complaint. I just felt like they were playing a lot of songs that weren't getting the young people ( which was the majority) to want to... Read More dance. I probably should have put more on a must play list. It was partially my own fault. For the price, they were pretty good. Janet was very helpful anytime I had a question.

'best dance party ever'

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Lindsay D

I would highly recommend Upbeat Entertainment. Tim and Janet were amazing from the very beginning. After our meeting with them, I felt so relaxed because they literally had everything taken care of. Picking a great DJ was of the upmost importance to me and my (now) husband and I... Read More am SO HAPPY that we picked Upbeat Entertainment!! Our dance floor was packed the ENTIRE night and all of our guests kept telling us that our wedding was the 'best dance party ever'!!

Great Entertainment

Reviewed on 10/15/2012 Marisa B

I would highly recommend Upbeat Entertainment! Tim and Janet were very easy to work with. We loved how organized they were and they helped us plan the flow of our reception. We liked how Tim focused on music, while Janet focused on making announcements and rounding everyone up... Read More for events. They both have great energy and are very friendly. Tim did a great job with music choices throughout the night. He played a nice mix of music for the crowd and had people up on the dance floor most of the night. They provided quality entertainment for our reception and were reasonable with their price. Tim and Janet would not disappoint you!

We had a blast

Reviewed on 6/06/2012 Kristen R

Janet and Tim did an excellent job. We had such a great time on the dance floor thanks to them. Janet also did an excellent job of keeping things on track throughout the wedding (introductions, special dances, etc). Janet and Tim also work closely with you as you approach your... Read More special day to make sure everything runs smoothly. I would definitely recommend them.

The best part of our Wedding

Reviewed on 11/04/2011 kelly w

When we looked for a DJ we went in to it thinking a DJ can make or break a Reception. We were right. Upbeat knew exactly how to keep the music going at all times to get people dancing. We actually had people wanting to dance during dinner, we were happy they were enjoying the... Read More music! They are professional, make sure to write peoples names to pronounce them correctly, didn't do anything that we hadnt already discussed, and ultimately made great suggestions as to the flow of the reception. They are by far the best decision we made. Tim and Janet were helpful every step of the way and really ran things the way I would have if I weren't busy being the bride. You get two DJ's and 5 hours of fun! I have had so many people tell me how great they were. I had one personal request, no line dances. They listened! At one point in the evening Janet told me a large number of guests had asked for one in particular, I told them if people wanted it to go right ahead and it packed the dance floor even more. They know what they are doing and have been doing this for years! We were so happy to have Upbeat on our wedding day.

Tim and Janet are the best!

Reviewed on 8/23/2011 Nicole S

I loved them and couldn't have been happier. They had the party going all night and did Karaoke for us (which was amazing). I thought they were the best.

Full Dance Floor All Night

Reviewed on 8/03/2011 Becca C

Tim and Janet were wonderful to work with. They outlined the whole evening and made sure everything went according to plan. We included karaoke into the night because we had a musically inclined crowd and it was great. The dance floor was packed all night, they really got a feel... Read More for the crowd and kept the party going.

Upbeat Entertainment does great job!

Reviewed on 9/21/2010 Christine C

Tim and Janet do a great job working together. Tim played music that kept the dance floor packed all night and Janet did a great job coordinating and announcing all of the events. I would definitely recommend this duo.

Excellent D.J.

Reviewed on 9/09/2010 Joanna M

Tim and Janet are easy to work with. It's nice having 2 there so while one is dj-ing, one can m.c. They just really want things to run smoothly.

could have been better

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 DANIELLE S

they said one of my bridesmaids names wrong and didn't listen to what I wanted them to do, they also played all requests, which was good except they should have known that they maybe shouldn't have played some of the songs cause no one was dancing.

Review for Upbeat Entertainment

Reviewed on 1/20/2009 Jessica L

Tim and Janet of Upbeat Entertainment were easy to work with. They were extremely organized and stuck to everything we wanted at the wedding. They had a style that was entertaining and never cheesy. They followed our general time outline but never forced us to move on to the... Read More next activity and didn't start things without first making sure everyone was present. They were fantastic! I have no complaints!