Val Vista Lakes

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach, Cruise, Garden

Bow2010

1600 E Lakeside Dr, Gilbert, AZ (480) 926-9694

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Natalie R

We absolutely loved this venue. During the planning they worked with our crazy schedules and were beyond helpful with planning everything out. Even without an official "coordinator" they helped with the flow of the ceremony. All of our guests could not stop saying how great... Read More everything looked, and we did VERY little decorating because of the scenery and landscaping that is always there. All of their recommended vendors were great too!

Loved the Ceremony Site - But Not the Service

Reviewed on 5/29/2014 Brianna B

I loved my venue's beautiful ceremony site and everything to do with it's glamour. The only reason this is getting a 4 star rating instead of a 5 star rating is the service. It was a bit difficult dealing with their staff and what we could and could not do in the venue. I... Read More was highly upset when they couldn't rent out the boat service they have on their lake because they already booked it to a resident on my wedding day - however never called to tell me they booked it with someone else. The other downfall is that the amenities that surround this venue is still open to their residents as it's in a residential community and they could basically be around the pools/lakes outside while you were getting married. It was also frustrating that they booked a babyshower in the next ballroom over that had to go through our area to get the ballroom, which made it hard for taking pictures inside the ballroom. I was also not happy with the fact that they didn't want to put out as many tables as I wanted and still keep the LARGER dance floor, because I insisted that everyone would be dancing the whole time. They didn't believe me and made me settle for 17 tables and the medium sized dance floor. The space was NOT maximized the way I wanted it, and just as I expected, the dance floor was overcrowded. For the amount I paid for this venue, the service was inadequate. The only reason that I stayed with them and paid the amount was for the gorgeous ceremony site outside. However, I do have to say this venue is great for people who want to bring all their own vendors in, as it doesn't supply anyone. This was a BIG plus as I was able to find cheaper catering and other vendors than normal.

2014-05-30T20:34:00 Response from the vendor

I’m sorry to hear you felt our service was inadequate. Since I assisted you throughout the process (tour, contract, layout, rehearsal and day-of) I feel it important to personally address the concerns you have mentioned in your review. Boat—at the time of your contract in... Read Less Read More

Beautiful venue within our budget!

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Tyler D

Our wedding was April 27th, 2014 and we held both the ceremony and reception at Val Vista Lakes. Using a single venue for both made it easier on our guests and booking the event for a Sunday saved us a lot of money compared to a Friday or Saturday night. One of the major... Read More benefits to this venue was the freedom to select our own catering and bartender. This venue is beautiful; it has several waterfalls, a large gazebo (that we used for a cocktail hour following the ceremony) and it sits on a lake. We got our wedding photos back last week and there are plenty of shot locations around the venue with amazing backgrounds. Our ceremony took place on the oval lawn right in front of a huge waterfall. There were some limitations for the lawn (no fabric runners allowed) but we used flower petals for the aisle and it worked out great. Weather was perfect this time of year, we lucked out with a high of 80 degrees and there was plenty of shade nearby. The indoor clubhouse, where we held the reception, looked newly remodeled and comfortably fit our 140 guests. The inside has a beautiful wood staircase, chandeliers, large door entryway and doors/windows running along the back looking out towards the lake. It had a large dance floor, easy access for the DJ and a nice bar area. We used the adjacent patio for a buffet style dinner. The staff was very accommodating from the very start and made planning much easier. They even helped us walk through the rehearsal which was really helpful. I would highly recommend this venue to friends and family. It is a great value and is far more flexible than other venues we visited. It is a beautiful location for a wedding and helped create lasting memories of our special day.

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Kristin F

I got married on April 11th and I absolutely loved this location. Janet was so helpful and great to work with. The outside ceremony area is so beautiful with the waterfall in the background and the inside reception area was perfect for dining and dancing. I know my guests had... Read More fun! What I liked most about Val Vista Lakes is that I was able to choose and hire my own vendors. My husband works in the restaurant business and he was so excited to have his restaurant cater our wedding. We were able to give business to our friends in the floral and cake industries too! When we didn't have a bartender to hire, Janet provided a list of credible bartenders to use. Everything was so wonderful and I couldn't have picked a better location.

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 12/20/2013 April C

My husband and I are very pleased with VVL. All the staff members were very nice and accommodating. The only complaint I have is that the bridal suite was dirty. It's a beautiful place for an outdoor wedding and photos.

Beautiful, flexible venue! Great experience!

Reviewed on 11/27/2013 Vanessa B

We got married there on Nov 10th this year. I couldn't be happier with the venue. Not only is it stunning, everyone there is extremely helpful! Especially the banquet manager, Janet. She's very patient, very experienced and has a good answer to all of your questions. Everything... Read More went off without a hitch on our wedding day. I recommend this place to anyone and everyone - it's GORGEOUS and really reasonably priced too. One of my favorite aspects of this venue is that they are very flexible with their vendors - you can have ANYONE cater for you - if you want to have a pot luck, they won't care so long as you clean up. Be aware that you'll need to purchase insurance here, but you can get a policy that'll cover their requirements for $150. VVL is awesome.

Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Theresa M

Awesome place and staff!

Absolutely beautiful

Reviewed on 3/30/2013 Jamie F

I had my reception here because we were married in Hawaii and wanted to recreate the feel of being at the beach. It was amazing. Our guests loved being there and felt like they were right there in Hawaii. PS the weather was perfect at the end of March! The room was perfect for... Read More the party and the gazebo was the best place to have a Hawaiian style cocktail hour.

Dream wedding come true

Reviewed on 12/08/2012 Julie S

I couldn't have been happier with Val Vista Lakes as my venue. I knew on my first visit this was the place for me, and every time after I stepped on the property I always felt the same - like I had transported to some tropical location and couldn't possibly be in Gilbert, AZ... Read More anymore. The banquet managers, Janet and Kortni, are extremely professional and these ladies know their stuff. You can fully trust all of their recommendations for preferred vendors and more importantly you can trust that all of the details of your day will be followed through on. The fact that the venue is yours for the entire day and has a very spacious bridal suite was another selling point for me. I was able to have a vendor come onsite to do hair and makeup for my bridal party and I which really helped make the day less stressful while giving me more time to hang out with my girls before the ceremony. The scenery for pictures is beautiful and the ability to have an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour is a big bonus. This was also the only venue I found in the area that allowed you to bring in all of your own vendors – no stipulations. The savings related to being able to supply your own alcohol made this venue a clear choice over others. We held our wedding on a Sunday which is 50% less cost than Fri/Sun. As much as I loved this venue, paying 50% more for just the venue (+ tables/chairs) would have been outside of my budget & not justifiable in my opinion. As for our day, it was perfect and couldn’t have run more smoothly – I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

STUNNING

Reviewed on 12/04/2012 casey p

IT WAS STUNNING! The water features and banquet hall couldnt have been better!The freedom to choose my own outside vendors made it feel completely unique. I couldnt be happier with my wedding venue and all the help they gave.

Perfect Place

Reviewed on 11/19/2012 Julie K

Val Vista Lakes is the perfect spot to have a wedding. You can have everything there! The ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. The grounds are beautiful, the scenery is amazing and Janet and Kournti are so easy to work with. This venue was also affordable and they allow... Read More you to bring in your own vendors. We had the creative freedom to decorate and do what we wanted with our wedding.

The Best Day Of My Life

Reviewed on 8/24/2012 Tonisha M

I had my 10 year anniversary vow renewal ceremony at this venue. I waited a lifetime for my wedding day and since I didn't get to actually have it until my 10 year anniversary it had to be perfect! The ladies at Val Vista Lakes understood that completey!! Janet and Kourtney made... Read More sure I had everything that I needed so that my team could make things happen. It was PERFECT!!!!!! From begining to end they kept open communication, they answered all 8 million of my questions over a 2 yr time frame they were wonderful and truly a blessing! It couldn't have turned out better if I had done it sooner or anywhere else. I will use them for my 25th and my 50th and what ever else God has in store for me and my husband/family! Thanks ladies you ROCK! Tonisha and James McSwain July 29th 2012

Awesome!!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2012 Kevin D

Val Vista Lakes Clubhouse was spectacular with us. They made everything work and set up the dining room for the reception without fail and let us come in a little early to move some of the stuff we needed to bring in such as the beer and wine. Let us do a photo shoot while they... Read More were setting up. Overall, they did a great job in making sure everything was all set and ready to go.

BEAUTIFUL

Reviewed on 5/31/2012 laura s

We had our wedding in April of 2012. Everything was beautiful. We loved how we were able to choose everything ourselves! We were able to save a lot of money, since we supplied all of our own alcohol, we were able to have an open bar. Janet and Kourtni did an amazing job... Read More helping us with the planning before and even day of!

Terrific!!

Reviewed on 3/21/2012 Andrea C

Val Vista Lakes is beautiful - and exactly what we wanted for our wedding. Our date was available and so we booked immediately. Janet was a doll to work with - she answered all my questions, no matter how silly I thought they were! The ceremony was outside in front of the... Read More waterfall, and VVL made sure that the chairs were perfectly lined up, the arch was there and our unity table was ready to go. The reception area is all neutral tones, so it made it very easy to decorate with our colors. Janet took us through the whole rehearsal the day before and we left feeling like it would be perfect. And it was. I couldn't be happier choosing VVL. Between the people, the scenery and the accommodations, this place is a dream.

vvl!

Reviewed on 3/13/2012 cheryl B

Val Vista is a beautiful place and amazing at what they do. Our day was so smooth!

Beautiful and Reasonable

Reviewed on 3/01/2012 Lisa N

This is the best value for a wedding venue in Arizona. It was my least expensive option! Janet was helpful, resourceful, friendly and caring. She was really fast to answer every single email and answered or returned every single call. The venue was probably the most beautiful... Read More spot for pictures. Every guest who commented on the venue was in awe of how gorgeous everything was. It was private and exclusive. Even though there was a chance for rain, we had the option of having the ceremony indoors. It was a beautiful day and we had the ability to have it outdoors with a waterfall backdrop. The ability for my caterers to use the kitchen was valuable and the caterers did not have to walk through the dining room to refresh the buffet. There was a built in bar, so the bartender had everything he needed. I was able to choose all of my own vendors. The bridal suite was almost all of the upstairs and beautiful. It was comfortable and worked perfectly for us. the guest bathrooms were clean and decorated like a hotel's. Everything about this venue was perfect.

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 12/28/2011 Dena G

A beautiful venue and a great place to create a dream wedding on your own budget.

Beautiful, Dreamy, Organized, Affordable

Reviewed on 12/11/2011 Amanda H

I loved having our wedding at Val Vista Lakes. Janet, the Banquet Coordinator is very helpful and organized. The venue is beautiful and spacious and it was just perfect for our wedding. We got some fantastic pictures around the venue as well. I would highly recommend it.

Great place for a Wedding!

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 Tracy

Janet was so friendly to work with and made everything so easy in preparing for our wedding day at Val Vista Lakes. She was very speedy with returning emails and phone calls. Just a very pleasant person to work with when planning such an important day! The venue itself was... Read More perfect…everything was green and the flowers were all fresh. We couldn’t have imagined a better place to have our wedding!

Great Reception

Reviewed on 8/04/2011 Jennifer S

Val Vista Lakes makes for the best photographs. Janet was wonderful!

Val Vista Lakes

Reviewed on 5/14/2011 Danielle W

Laura and Janet were so much help. This venue is PERFECT!!

Reviewed on 5/04/2011 Kimmi F

This place is amazing. THey are very helpful. Beautiful pictures!!

Amazing Venue at an Amazing Bargain

Reviewed on 3/29/2011 Conner S

The Venue was aweome! It was beautiful and more than we could have ever imagined. From the first meeting to our big day, we were so impressed with how caring and helpful all the staff and event coordinators were with every detail. They truly made our special day flow perfectly... Read More and allow us to really enjoy our day. We were also amazed at what a beautiful venue we could get for such a bargain.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 1/31/2011 Kathy M

Val Vista Lakes is a beautiful outdoor ceremony, indoor reception venue. We got so many positive comments about how pretty it was, and the reception room was the perfect size for our wedding of 95 guests. They are great to work with, and there are a lot of options to add your... Read More own decorations and personal style. They do a lot of weddings there, and really know how to help a bride and groom put together their perfect day. The cost is very reasonable as well, but you do have to bring in all of your own vendors, which was fine with us as it saved us a lot of money. I definitely recommend checking out Val Vista Lakes if you're looking for an outdoor ceremony in the nice weather months in Phoenix.