Your Friendly Neighborhood Wedding Photographer

On your wedding day, engagement or elopement, I bring a friendly face, an attentive eye, and the artistry to create beautiful images that you'll want to keep and share for the rest of your lives. I'm here to let you shine. I'd love to include your furry loved ones as well, to preserve the memories you share together, and to capture the magical way your pets enrich your relationship.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Santa Barbara and beyond (805) 705-3649
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Jennifer S

Kristen's talent lies in her eye for beauty and magic, her artistry and professionalism, and deep care she has for ensuring you will remember the entire range of beauty, emotions, and people that came together for your wedding day! Almost three years after our wedding, I can... Read More still feel the calm, love, magic, and laughter (and even smell the August air of Oregon) when I look at Kristen's photos. Kristen's calm and easygoing manner allowed everyone to feel comfortable so their personalities naturally shined in our photos. For example, she perfectly captured the deep friendship AND goofiness of the groomsmen with silly and serious photos! During the entire event, she was able to blend in so as to only add with her presence. She just has an instinct for knowing where to be and what needed to be captured. Our daughter was 18 months old, and one of my favorite shots of the entire wedding was one I didn't even know Kristen took until we saw the proofs - my daughter in her orange flower dress, ring of flowers around her head, shyly peeking out from behind me holding my wedding dress. Kristen's extensive work in family photography shows as she is great with kiddos of all ages! And beyond her photo duties, she just helped the day move along with calm prompts to direct wedding party photos, noticing what needed to get done and helping, as well as knowing when flexibility and slight changes in plans could be very appropriate! It was an honor to have her be an integral part of our wedding. Thank you Kristen!

2017-03-19T17:51:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words, Jennifer! It's always a joy to work with you and your beautiful family!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Kate H

We had our wedding in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. We were so lucky to have Kristen agree to be our photographer. We needed someone who understood the Colorado colors of the fall and potential colder conditions. We didn't want too many traditional shots and she really captured... Read More the essence of the wedding. Fun, casual, loving and genuine! My most favorite photo, in which she completely set-up, was the family photo of the my side of the family. We have not had a photo in probably 20 years. She assembled us along the fence line and arranged us at different heights. The photo has become a family favorite and everyone has it at the house. As for price, she was completely able to work with our budget and really provided us excellent service with incredible photos

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Elizabeth W

Kristen is a fabulous wedding and event photographer! She is warm, approachable, and sincerely listens to her clients desires and needs. She is extremely professional, and takes high quality photographs that I, personally, will treasure for a lifetime. Kristen's work is also... Read More reasonably-priced. My husband and I hired Kristen for engagement, wedding, and maternity photo sessions, and we plan to hire her again for family photo sessions in the future!

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Dana P

Look at her photos and you will be impressed! Meet her and you will be charmed! Kristen is the kind of person you want to have at your event with her calm and lovely personality. She has a way of bringing out the best in people. I still can't get over the beautiful pictures she... Read More took for us. The way she captured the light was stunning! All of the pictures she took on our special day are praise worthy. Thank you Kristen!

2017-03-19T17:53:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Dana! It was a joy to be involved in your family's special day!

Kristen Hehnke

I'm a hugely nostalgic person, sometimes wishing I could freeze time and carry moments around in a little firefly jar, so I can relive them whenever I want. I always take photos with this in mind. I was born in Santa Barbara and studied film & media in San Diego and Sydney, Australia. I've been photographing weddings since 2012, and have worked with dogs even longer, and my passion is to include pets in your photos! (After all they're family too!) My quiet nature makes it easy for me to capture a scene without becoming part of it, though I'm happy to direct you as well in our photo adventures!