Venus de Milo Restaurant

Banquet/Reception Hall, Restaurant

75 Grand Army Highway, Swansea, MA

Perfect Got Our Vision

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Desiree J

The Venus de Milo got our vision perfectly. My husband and I got married on Halloween night in 2014. We wanted everything to be Halloween themed. From our table cloths to our napkins and everything in between. The Venus got our vision perfect. Our tables were black and orange. Our drape with lights was black and orange. They let us come in and decorate the day before. They hung all of our hanging ceiling decorations for us. Our cocktail hour was wonderful and our meals were delicious. Our staff inside the room was great. Everything was exactly what we hoped it would be and more.

Very personable, cozy venue

Reviewed on 6/28/2014 Ami M

After engagement, with the multiple emails, I came here first for bridal show and decided to go with them right off the bat. Though we briefly looked at other places their location for any traveling from outside NE and their service was explicable. As a bride you dont realize how much work needs to be put in for a reception and they were there to help out the whole way. Their staff are very very courteous, and knows wedding. The day of the wedding could not have gone any smoother. We also chose this venue bc they partner with the hotel and got the free shuttle. The hotel is what it is- it's not going to have a view of Hawaii. You will see the nuclear power plant of Fall River, but it was a place for everyone to crash and for me- safety of my guest trumped the view of the hotel, but the hotel staff messed up booking for some of my family members. Being an restaurant, I had more people come up to me and compliment about the food, which was very nice to hear. From the multiple visits I had made, we constantly saw people go in the restaurant on weekdays, which means their menu is legit. I had the smallest room, but that was my preference, small cozy family oriented wedding and they made it happen for us. Thank you so much.

eh

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Rachel B

I had a few problems with the Venus. I had been to many functions here, and when I set up to have my wedding here, it was very hard to get in touch with the person who I was dealing with. I would not get return calls back, no emails back, etc. I changed the menu at one point in the wedding planning process and it was not noted, so when we went in for the next appointment, nothing was changed. When I would try and get in touch with the guy running my wedding, the receptionist would answer the phone and repeatedly give me an attitude saying he'd call back, and I would never get that return phone call. When I received our contract, it had someone elses information along with half of my information. Someone elses name, my phone number, etc. This all made it very stressful in the wedding planning process. But, All in all, the wedding turned out perfect and on budget. I just wish I was not repeatedly ignored and did not have to drill my wishes into people.

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Shantelle B

Got everything I needed and wanted

Venus de Milo is Amazing

Reviewed on 12/22/2012 Callie W

I got married at the Venus De Milo in May and they are absolutely amazing. We had a big wedding of about 400 people, but they made everything so smooth and effortless it could have been 40. The space is clean and elegant no matter what you do, and the food is delicious. The Venus De Milo staff are by far the best part of the venu, they are so helpful and so attentive. The space is beautiful, great dance floor. They addressed all of my needs and concerns, and went the extra mile to make sure everything was special. We had some decorations that we thought we'd need to set up ourselves, but when our volunteers arrived it turned out the staff did it anyway and it looked great. Also venus de milo is GREAT value for the quality. Lots of parking, great with large parties. Definitely recommend it.

Disappointed

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Heather N

Up until the day of my wedding, the Venus was great. They were helpful, friendly and understanding. My gripes are first of unaccomodating. I had a small wedding, and wanted my chairs in rows for the ceremony, but they reuse because its policy to keep chairs at tables. Our agreement with the venus is another gripe: we were guaranteed a bartender in the bar in the room, maitre d with us through the whole wedding, and helpful staff. On the day of the wedding, there wa no bar tender. The plates sat for a long time, the maitre d was no where to be found, and they weren't prepared to let us take the rest of the uneaten meals home.very upsetting.

5 stars

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 Nicole Z

The food and service was excellent. They really do know how to host weddings. My only complaint was the sign on the door had my husbands name spelled wrong.

Excellent Service and Food

Reviewed on 7/27/2011 Lauren C

The Venus de Milo was great to work with. They were extremely helpful throughout the whole planning process. The night of the wedding everything went smoothly. The food was excellent and served quickly.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/22/2011 Tanya P

I had my wedding reception at Venus de Milo. The service and customer service was amazing. I didn't have any problems with them. Laura Kilmer helped me coordinate the wedding and she was amazing as well! She was extermely helpful and I was very glad to have had her help. Overall, I was extermely pleased with the venus. I didnt have any issues with them and they made my wedding day amazing!

Venus de Milo = AMAZING!

Reviewed on 7/14/2011 Stacy S

I had my ceremony and reception at the Venus de Milo in Swansea, Ma. The place is gorgeous, elegant and absolutely stunning. The only disappointment was there seemed to be a fee for everything. For having the ceremony there and a little more than 170 guests, we paid about $7,000 alone for the Venus. Although it was more than what I was expecting, it was definitely worth every penny.

No regrets!!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2011 Amanda c

Venus was great through the whole process. I called them a million times with different questions and they were great with everything. The food and service was great, people were not disappointed. My husband and I requested a certain wine that they did not have we had to make a special order and Venus was great they were on top of it the whole time. I had 450 guests and Venus did a great job with getting the food out quickly and getting things done.

Great

Reviewed on 3/22/2011 Lori R

Very good food and decorations. Loved it and will go back.

Awesome place to have a reception

Reviewed on 10/14/2010 Kayla S

I absolutely loved them!! They took care of everything and the food was awesome!! I would definitely recommend them!!! Prices were very reasonable

TO Venus de Milo Restaurant