Acclaimed One of America's Best Bridal Salons

We are Wisconsin’s bridal experts, and have been since 1964. From consultants to seamstresses, all our staff are trained professionally to assist you individually for your unique needs. We have won the acclaimed Wisconsin Bride Magazine's "Best Place to Buy a Wedding Gown" every year since 2007.

7857 Big Sky Drive, Madison, WI (608) 833-6006
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Brooke T

Vera's was the first and only bridal shop I looked at for my wedding gown. After my first appointment, I tried on maybe 3 dresses, then canceled all of my appointments at other salons, and purchased my dream dress. Vera herself even approved and helped me pick my veil. I had the... Read More best experience working with everyone there! :)

2017-08-16T21:40:33 Response from the vendor

So happy you found your dream dress at Vera's! You'll look stunning!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Melanie B

Vera's was the first bridal shop I went to and Saritah worked with me to find the dress of my dreams! Such a great experience and she had the patience of an angel! She really made me feel special after 3.5 hours! I walked out with a dress and veil ordered, and jewelry to go with... Read More my dress!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017

I had a wonderful time finding my dress here. I knew what I was looking for and Erika found it for me on the second dress. They are very welcoming and take care of you in every aspect. I am so happy I went here to find my dress!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Madalyn W

Vera's in Madison is absolutely amazing!!! Our consultant, Lydia, was so sweet and helpful, and the owner, Vera, kept checking in with us to personally make sure we were being taken care of. It was the first and only bridal salon I went to, and I found my dress after only trying... Read More on three to four others. And, they did a terrific job at finding beautiful dresses within our budget! I would highly recommend Vera's House of Bridals!!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Ashley B

I found the most beautiful gown from Vera's. Not only did they have an amazing selection for any budget, but the staff was overly helpful and friendly. I would never recommend anything but Vera's! I even got to meet Vera herself and she is just so sweet! I looked and felt... Read More beautiful on my wedding day. My dress was everything I wanted and more.

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Nicole A

I had the most AMAZING experience at Vera's. It was the second salon I went to, and I loved that they picked out the dresses for you. I had a very specific look in mind for my wedding dress, a straight across strapless dress. Everything I was looking at was sweetheart, and I... Read More was starting to feel discouraged, but then Lisa at Vera's decided to take a short dress with the neckline I wanted and paired it with a skirt from a completely different designer and created the custom dress of my dreams!! And, it was all within my budget of under $2,000. I have already recommended Vera's to my newly engaged friends and they were able to find the dresses (some of them with custom tailoring work) at Vera's.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Brooke F

Beyond amazing experience!! From the moment we walked in the door till the very last minute walking out of Vera's was amazing. I came in with a large group of girls and our consultant Becca was so helpful and fun and made everyone feel welcome. We were able to bring in... Read More champagne and snacks to our private room. Becca had everyone involved the entire day without ever feeling rushed or pressured. She was so bubbly and welcoming and laughed with us the entire time. The entire staff even Vera made my day beyond perfect. I am so happy that I was able to say yes to the dress at Vera's.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Kaley E

Found my dream dress for a dream price. They truly made me feel special and beautiful. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Krista S

Perfect dress and they were wonderful to work with.

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Becca A

What a fantastic experience! Saritah was able to interpret the list of things that I knew I wanted and helped me find the perfect dress! She was patient, attentive to details, and a blast to work with!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Lisa L

Incredible experience! About 5 or 6 years ago, we went to Vera's with my sister to find her dress and were so impressed, we knew then that we had to go back when it was my turn. It was perfect! Saritah was wonderful; she knew just how to listen to my comments about a dress and... Read More interpret them to find styles that she knew I would like and that were flattering on me. She stayed with us long after our appointment time ended - even after the store closed! - so that I could try on a bunch veils and never once did I feel rushed, stressed or pressured. Vera herself even stopped in to say hello, and her daughter was wonderful with the measuring and ordering process. This is simply the best place to find your wedding dress. I drove in from Milwaukee to go to Vera's and everyone just went so far above and beyond, I couldn't imagine getting my dress anywhere else.

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Bethany D

Very happy with the service and quality of the dresses at Vera's! They were flexible with my schedule as I had to try to make fittings work when I was up in WI (currently living in FL). I am also soooo in love with my dress, wish I could wear it all the time.

Reviewed on 4/09/2017 Elsa A

I had Lisa help me, and she was very kind, but I felt like I was shopping for a used car. It was all about trying to adjust my budget to fit for a more expensive dress, and less about finding something that would work. There are so many dresses there and she said there really... Read More wasn't any to fit what I thought I wanted. It was disappointing. My friends who got their dresses there had a much different/more enjoyable experience.

2017-04-10T16:37:46 Response from the vendor

Oh, we are so sorry your consultant was not a great fit. We appreciate you letting us know as we are always trying to improve. But please come back and give us another look. We have about 25 consultants and each tends to pull their... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Melanie G

I initially was drawn to Vera's after seeing a gown at the wonderful world of weddings show that was absolutely gorgeous (and coincidentally ended up being the one). After two terrible experiences at other wedding shops, my mom, sister and I ventured the two hour drive to... Read More Vera's looking for the gown and experience - and I got both. My consultant spent what had to be 4 hours helping me in and out of dresses, trying out my gown three different times just to make sure I was getting it right. She was upbeat and friendly the whole time, and Vera was coming around helping where she could which was wonderful as well. I also ended up getting my veil and hairpiece here, because they were just too beautiful not to. Amazing selection and amazing consultants. 5 stars is just not enough!

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Larissa H

Vera's had a huge selection, and really staffs up their consultants. We walked in with no appointment on a Saturday afternoon, they were busy (prom season!), and yet they found a consultant who spent two hours with us. She put me in a good variety of gowns and really helped me... Read More determine where my heart was leading me in terms of dresses. Eventually, we had to leave because I wasn't ready to make a decision and hadn't found the definite one yet, and just needed a break. They had a lot of solid options, but the consultant didn't really hold to my price range, she gave me a lot of dresses that were a few hundred dollars over, and she kept saying there was one more dress she really wanted me to see, and then bringing 2 or 3. My guess is she really wanted me to decide there and get her a commission, and while she was incredibly helpful, I just burnt out and didn't pick my dress during that visit.

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Patrice C

I wish that I could go back in time and had the experience of working with them for my wedding dress. . I felt like the most important person while I was there. Amy and Jamie are amazing. .

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Sasha M

From start to finish my experience at Vera's was amazing. I visited Vera's on 1/14/17 and worked with Jayme. She was amazing and so helpful!! She listened to all my ideas and pulled amazing dresses for me! I found my dress at Vera's after about the 4th dress I tried on! I loved... Read More working with Jayme she was awesome!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Kelley R

The staff at Vera's was so kind and pleasant and just generally helpful on the day I went in with my family. I went in with my sights on one dress that I saw at a bridal show that they carried, and I ended up with the fourth dress they had me try on (which was not the one I came... Read More in for)! Such a perfect dress for the perfect day!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Allison U

I only had to try on three wedding dresses before finding The One! You have a dedicated assistant helping you the entire time and a spacious room to yourself to try on dresses. Great experience. I was able to get my dress, a veil, belt, and under garments from Vera's. I was able... Read More to meet Vera herself too!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Victoria B

I can't say enough good things about Vera's I'd gone to another bridal salon the same day, and my experience here was like night and day; you couldn't compare the two. Everyone was extremely helpful and complimentary. They took my input to heart, put me in what I asked for and... Read More didn't try to force me into anything I wasn't 100% sure about. What I loved most was the fact that no one in that store pushed me into buying unnecessary items. When they found out I still have my great grandmother's veil, the consultants (and Vera) all agreed that I shouldn't buy one from them unless I really wanted something new. They explained how wonderful it is to wear a sentimental, family piece on your day. Before trying something new, see if you fall in love with the old. It was a wonderfully relaxed and happy appointment. I have yet to have a fitting, but they introduced me to the seamstress and I can't wait to work with her as well! I would recommend Vera's to every bride. As a plus, they're dresses are very much "in budget" for just about any bride!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Shelby H

I am from North Carolina and went dress shopping with my mom who happens to live in Wisconsin, and Vera's was the first place we went! We had the best time! Kaitlyn was the one who went above and beyond to help me find the perfect dress for my big day. Cannot thank her and... Read More Vera's enough for the undivided attention and making us feel welcome.

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Nicole W

I had heard mixed reviews about Vera's but I am so glad I went there. My dress turned out amazing and it was exactly what I was looking for, even though I had my mind set on another dress to start with. I went during the last appointment slot of the day and still stayed almost... Read More an hour after closing time and they did not try and rush me at all. The fittings also went very smoothly. They were able to recommend a $20 alteration, rather than a $200 one, which was greatly appreciated. I would recommend brides to go there first because, if nothing else, they give you an idea of proper undergarments, which was essential for me!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Kelsey O

I cannon rave enough about Vera's! They were so welcoming and accommodating. I had a huge group come to my dress shopping and they were super open to this! They also picked dresses based on what I wanted and also had a lot of suggestions to try on! I ended up picking the first... Read More dress I tired on! My experience at Vera's was exactly what I had hoped for when shopping for my wedding dress.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Candice W

The attendants at Vera's Bridal were so attendant and welcoming, and genuinely listened to what you wanted and made great suggestions. I would recommend them to anybody!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Anon Y

What a wonderful experience! We visited two times and worked with Deanna for both. She was so helpful with my questions on styles and fit. I appreciated her patience as I worked on finding "the one." Between the spacious rooms and friendly gals we were around those two days we... Read More had such fun compared to our other trips to salons. I would certainly encourage any bride to be looking for a relaxing a fun day to head to Vera's!