Acclaimed One of America's Best Bridal Salons

We are Wisconsin’s bridal experts, and have been since 1964. From consultants to seamstresses, all our staff are trained professionally to assist you individually for your unique needs. We have won the acclaimed Wisconsin Bride Magazine's "Best Place to Buy a Wedding Gown" every year since 2007.

7857 Big Sky Drive, Madison, WI (608) 833-6006

Reviewed on 4/09/2017 Elsa A

I had Lisa help me, and she was very kind, but I felt like I was shopping for a used car. It was all about trying to adjust my budget to fit for a more expensive dress, and less about finding something that would work. There are so many dresses there and she said there really... Read More wasn't any to fit what I thought I wanted. It was disappointing. My friends who got their dresses there had a much different/more enjoyable experience.

2017-04-10T16:37:46 Response from the vendor

Oh, we are so sorry your consultant was not a great fit. We appreciate you letting us know as we are always trying to improve. But please come back and give us another look. We have about 25 consultants and each tends to pull their... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Melanie G

I initially was drawn to Vera's after seeing a gown at the wonderful world of weddings show that was absolutely gorgeous (and coincidentally ended up being the one). After two terrible experiences at other wedding shops, my mom, sister and I ventured the two hour drive to... Read More Vera's looking for the gown and experience - and I got both. My consultant spent what had to be 4 hours helping me in and out of dresses, trying out my gown three different times just to make sure I was getting it right. She was upbeat and friendly the whole time, and Vera was coming around helping where she could which was wonderful as well. I also ended up getting my veil and hairpiece here, because they were just too beautiful not to. Amazing selection and amazing consultants. 5 stars is just not enough!

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Larissa H

Vera's had a huge selection, and really staffs up their consultants. We walked in with no appointment on a Saturday afternoon, they were busy (prom season!), and yet they found a consultant who spent two hours with us. She put me in a good variety of gowns and really helped me... Read More determine where my heart was leading me in terms of dresses. Eventually, we had to leave because I wasn't ready to make a decision and hadn't found the definite one yet, and just needed a break. They had a lot of solid options, but the consultant didn't really hold to my price range, she gave me a lot of dresses that were a few hundred dollars over, and she kept saying there was one more dress she really wanted me to see, and then bringing 2 or 3. My guess is she really wanted me to decide there and get her a commission, and while she was incredibly helpful, I just burnt out and didn't pick my dress during that visit.

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Patrice C

I wish that I could go back in time and had the experience of working with them for my wedding dress. . I felt like the most important person while I was there. Amy and Jamie are amazing. .

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Sasha M

From start to finish my experience at Vera's was amazing. I visited Vera's on 1/14/17 and worked with Jayme. She was amazing and so helpful!! She listened to all my ideas and pulled amazing dresses for me! I found my dress at Vera's after about the 4th dress I tried on! I loved... Read More working with Jayme she was awesome!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Kelley R

The staff at Vera's was so kind and pleasant and just generally helpful on the day I went in with my family. I went in with my sights on one dress that I saw at a bridal show that they carried, and I ended up with the fourth dress they had me try on (which was not the one I came... Read More in for)! Such a perfect dress for the perfect day!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Allison U

I only had to try on three wedding dresses before finding The One! You have a dedicated assistant helping you the entire time and a spacious room to yourself to try on dresses. Great experience. I was able to get my dress, a veil, belt, and under garments from Vera's. I was able... Read More to meet Vera herself too!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Victoria B

I can't say enough good things about Vera's I'd gone to another bridal salon the same day, and my experience here was like night and day; you couldn't compare the two. Everyone was extremely helpful and complimentary. They took my input to heart, put me in what I asked for and... Read More didn't try to force me into anything I wasn't 100% sure about. What I loved most was the fact that no one in that store pushed me into buying unnecessary items. When they found out I still have my great grandmother's veil, the consultants (and Vera) all agreed that I shouldn't buy one from them unless I really wanted something new. They explained how wonderful it is to wear a sentimental, family piece on your day. Before trying something new, see if you fall in love with the old. It was a wonderfully relaxed and happy appointment. I have yet to have a fitting, but they introduced me to the seamstress and I can't wait to work with her as well! I would recommend Vera's to every bride. As a plus, they're dresses are very much "in budget" for just about any bride!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Shelby H

I am from North Carolina and went dress shopping with my mom who happens to live in Wisconsin, and Vera's was the first place we went! We had the best time! Kaitlyn was the one who went above and beyond to help me find the perfect dress for my big day. Cannot thank her and... Read More Vera's enough for the undivided attention and making us feel welcome.

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Nicole W

I had heard mixed reviews about Vera's but I am so glad I went there. My dress turned out amazing and it was exactly what I was looking for, even though I had my mind set on another dress to start with. I went during the last appointment slot of the day and still stayed almost... Read More an hour after closing time and they did not try and rush me at all. The fittings also went very smoothly. They were able to recommend a $20 alteration, rather than a $200 one, which was greatly appreciated. I would recommend brides to go there first because, if nothing else, they give you an idea of proper undergarments, which was essential for me!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Kelsey O

I cannon rave enough about Vera's! They were so welcoming and accommodating. I had a huge group come to my dress shopping and they were super open to this! They also picked dresses based on what I wanted and also had a lot of suggestions to try on! I ended up picking the first... Read More dress I tired on! My experience at Vera's was exactly what I had hoped for when shopping for my wedding dress.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Candice W

The attendants at Vera's Bridal were so attendant and welcoming, and genuinely listened to what you wanted and made great suggestions. I would recommend them to anybody!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Anon Y

What a wonderful experience! We visited two times and worked with Deanna for both. She was so helpful with my questions on styles and fit. I appreciated her patience as I worked on finding "the one." Between the spacious rooms and friendly gals we were around those two days we... Read More had such fun compared to our other trips to salons. I would certainly encourage any bride to be looking for a relaxing a fun day to head to Vera's!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Sheryl P

I loved my wedding dress and got so many compliments!! I loved my experience so much I wanted to get my bridesmaids dresses from there. They guaranteed me that they would all come from the same dye lot. On the day of the wedding we noticed that that was not case.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jennifer B

Worked with Alyssa to pick out my gown, Vera herself actually ended up picking out my dress herself! i loved every minute and they were all very helpful

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Cayla C

After visiting several dress shops and feeling rather discouraged, my friend and I made the trip from the Rockford area up to Vera's in hopes that I would finally find a wedding dress I would love. Tammy from Vera's was incredible!!! She listened to what I was looking for in a... Read More dress and pulled me several I could have easily walked out of there with. They had beautiful dresses in a variety of sizes so you aren't limited to what you can try on. She made the process a breeze!!! I left that bridal shop feeling like that was the best experience I had throughout my entire wedding planning process and I still feel that way.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Brenna D

From start to finish, Vera's is wonderful! Their selection and range of dresses is astounding. I knew I wanted a satin dress, of which there were very few to pick from when I was looking. I went to multiple shops and many had only one or two satin dresses at the most. My... Read More consultant was wonderful at Vera's and listened to what I wanted while still providing me with options. I found my dream dress at Vera's and I couldn't be happier! Also, their seamstresses on site are incredible to work with- they are detail oriented and made my dress fit like a glove!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Sara T

I loved my experience with Vera's. My mother, mother-in-law and two sisters-in-law all came with me originally and were warmly welcomed. We were even greeted by Vera herself. It can be pretty busy in there but we had a very comfortable and warm experience with them.

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Maggie R

I had an incredible experience at Vera's, which was the first (and last) place I looked at dresses. I went in with a friend on a weekday afternoon with the knowledge of what I DIDN'T want, but with very little idea as to what I did want. I worked with Caitlin and she was... Read More incredible! I tried on many 'misses' before i found a 'hit' but she was so receptive to my feedback. She did a great job listening to my preferences and infusing her own knowledge (in a totally helpful and non-pushy way) as I tried on many, many dresses. I ended up finding a dress that I totally love and that I think is so unique---and it was nothing like I had imagined for myself, so bravo to Caitlin for finding something so unexpectedly perfect! Finally, Caitlin was so accommodating when I let her know that I wanted my parents' seal of approval before I made a final decision---they visited Madison from out of town just a couple days later and she fit us into a busy Saturday. I can't recommend Caitlin---and Vera's--enough.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Andrea L

All I can say is wow. My experience at Vera's was remarkable. I'm a future Milwaukee bride and scheduled an appointment at Vera's from a last minute recco by a friend. It was my last appointment and I almost canceled as I thought I had already had found my dress at a... Read More different store - but I decided to follow through and go to my one last appointment... and I'm so glad I did! I worked with Kayla and it was THE BEST experience. She was so amazing and knowledgeable and just so so great to work with. The first dress I tried on at Vera's is now MY DRESS and I couldn't be happier! Kayla helped me put together my entire wedding look and has the patience of a saint! :) She is simply awesome and I'm so glad she was there that day to help me. Vera's has some stunning dresses and a staff that you can tell are passionate about what they do. I highly recommend Vera's for any bride that is looking for their perfect dress - you will find it here. Thank you for such a perfect experience and for helping me find my dream dress!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Kelley L

Vera's was simply amazing!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Naomi E

Vera's is simply amazing. If you are looking for the total bridal experience this is the spot for you! The consultants were knowledgable and friendly and really listened to what you wanted. The fittings and bridesmaid dress shopping was all smooth. Truly a beautiful location... Read More with stunning dresses. I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Danielle R

I had an AWESOME experience at Vera's. Lydia was the woman who helped me find my perfect dress. She was professional and very helpful. I felt very welcomed too! I definitely recommend going!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Kelsey S

This was the first place I tried on a wedding dress and the consultant made me very uncomfortable. She kept bringing dresses that were not the style I liked even though I kept telling her otherwise, it was what she thought looked good, not me. It made me very uncomfortable. One... Read More of my bridesmaids even tried and that didn't help. The last dress I tried on, after 2 hours of trying on dresses was somewhat close but not it. Also, she kept bringing dresses that were right at the top of the budget, meaning there were a bunch of other dresses that were not tried on. She even brought out dresses out of the price range which was slightly annoying. She said I could go back and look but she strongly advised against i, saying "it was really tight back there", which made me think I couldn't really go back there and if I did it was frowned upon. She also told me to not try on dresses based on designer, which was heartbreaking to me because I had a designer in mind and I was unable to try on dresses from that designer. I thought I would be almost yelled at if I asked. When I said I was not buying a dress today she made my mother and I feel so terrible. Not what I wanted my first experience trying on dresses to be. I knew what I wanted and she was unable to find even though they have hundreds of dresses to choose from. Overall, it was not a good experience.

2016-08-19T16:35:05 Response from the vendor

Oh! We are so very sorry to hear that you were not pleased. We have over 25 different consultants and apparently the one that helped you was not a good fit. We apologize that it was not the wonderful experience you deserved. Please consider coming... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/17/2016

Lovely! Exactly what I would have pictured!