Acclaimed One of America's Best Bridal Salons

We are Wisconsin’s bridal experts, and have been since 1964. From consultants to seamstresses, all our staff are trained professionally to assist you individually for your unique needs. We have won the acclaimed Wisconsin Bride Magazine's "Best Place to Buy a Wedding Gown" every year since 2007.

7857 Big Sky Drive, Madison, WI (608) 833-6006
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Amanda O

Vera's is the BEST. They make you feel beautiful, and they listen to exactly what you are looking for and what you want. The woman I worked with brought out a dress that I thought would NEVER work on me (I loved it but just didn't think I could pull it off), and it ended up... Read More being the one! I also got to meet Vera - she is a total sweetheart. If you are looking for an incredible experience AND the dress of your dreams, come to Vera's!

2017-11-06T13:39:33 Response from the vendor

Congratulations on your engagement and finding your gown! Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy that we were able to help you find the perfect dress. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Reviewed on 1/13/2018 Lacey S

I cannot stress enough how wonderful my experience at Vera's House of Bridals was! Lisa, with 14 years experience, was intuitive, funny, and professional. Vera was in the shop and it was great to meet her as well. After trying on over a dozen dresses at another shop, I said... Read More "yes" to the third dress at Vera's!

2018-01-17T18:48:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your joy!

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Rachel P

Becca at Vera's was simply the cutest and best! I had a large group with me and she handled all the comments and disappointments very well! She understood my style after 3 dresses. I did end up buying a dress that was over my budget but I was between two dresses, one in my... Read More budget, and one over my budget. And Becca never pushed me either direction. She just listened. And the only reason she brought dresses that were over my budget into the room was because my mom was curious if we went above budget what we would be able to see verses on the budget. I thought she did an amazing job. She even made me cry by making me imagine walking down the isle. It was truly an amazing experience. I didn't think I would love the day so much but Becca made it memorable! Thank you Vera's!

2018-01-04T15:31:32 Response from the vendor

We are so glad you had a wonderful time while you were here and we agree- Becca is the best! We're so happy to include you in the Vera's family!

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Kaylee L

Oh my gosh, I absolutely LOVED working with Vera's to find my perfect dream wedding dress and my bridesmaid's dresses. All of the Vera's staff were so helpful, so professional and fun. They made the entire experience very memorable and even more exciting! I loved how they would... Read More pick out the dresses for you based on your feedback and wouldn't rush you as you tried on each dress. I can't recommend Vera's enough!

2018-01-02T07:59:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your comments and sharing your experience.

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Elizabeth F

I have mixed feelings about my appointment at Vera's. There were definitely some positives, including very knowledgable staff and a huge inventory. However, there were several things that I had a major problem with. 1. Every dress they brought me was at the very top of my... Read More budget (which is at their median price point). My style is fairly simple, with no beading or extravagant (aka expensive) details, and yet every dress they brought in was right at the top of my budget, despite the fact that they claim to have "plenty of dresses in my style within my budget." It felt like they cared more about getting me right at my top price point than they did about finding something I would love. 2. This was my very first appointment, so I made it clear at the beginning of the appointment that I would not be ready to make a final decision that day. I said that if I found something I really loved, I would still want to go home and sleep on it. Towards the end of my appointment, I found one that I did love, and my consultant gave me a hard sell. I said I wasn't ready to make a decision, but she kept pushing me to talk about how much I loved it and then brought up discounts that I would receive for making a decision on the spot. It felt very pushy and once again, it was a dress that was at the top of my price point. I held my ground and left empty handed and I'm glad I did because the next day I looked at pictures of me in the dress and felt it wasn't as amazing as I had remembered. It made me upset to think that they tried to persuade me into a large purchase in an emotional moment. 3. They don't reveal who the designer is unless you make the purchase. They do this so that you can't look it up later to find it elsewhere. I didn't think much of it at the time, but after leaving the store and hearing from other people about their bridal shop experiences, I realized that this is NOT the industry standard. Transparency with your customers should be more of a priority. I ended up buying my dress at a different store, where they basically did the opposite of everything listed above. I had a much better experience, felt valued, and purchased my dress. I would caution anyone looking to shop at Vera's to be direct about your wants and prepared for them to be pushy.

2018-01-02T07:54:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you for shopping at Vera's. With your comments, it sounds like you didn't have the best fit with your bridal consultant. We have over 25 consultants and they all have different personality styles. I'm sorry you weren't shown more gowns in a lower price... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Alli W

I would highly recommend Vera’s! Liz was so helpful and wonderful to work with and helped me to find the exact wedding dress I had been looking for!

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Lisa D

I had such a great experience at Vera’s! I met an amazing consultant named Becca who made me feel so comfortable and worked hard to make sure all my needs were met. She picked out a dress I didn’t think would look good, but it ended up being the one! I highly recommend going to... Read More Vera’s!

2017-11-13T15:46:47 Response from the vendor

Yeah! Congrats on finding your dream dress.

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Victoria B

Today I has the most phenomenal experience with Vera's House of Bridals! Tammy made the afternoon the most comfortable and fun experience. She listened to my input, provided me with great ideas, fun designs, gorgeous samples, and all the while provided her expertise towards my... Read More body type. She was kind, patient, supportive, and above all- a true professional. I am GRATEFUL she was my stylist and I will forever be thankful she had time to spend with me. Tammy was never once a salesperson and did not push any dress or accessory. She is an absolute asset to the Vera's House of Bridals team! Thank you, Tammy! You played a key role in my wedding process and I am so thankful! You are excellent!

2017-11-13T16:49:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your happiness with us!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Christine K

I got my dress at Vera's. They gave me my own consultant and I never felt rushed. She was willing to work with me and find MY dress. She listened to what I said and pulled dresses based on what I said. They were great after I got my dress too. I would recommend everyone go... Read More to Vera's for their wedding dress.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Rachel S

Vera’s was amazing. They found me exactly what I wanted in the price range I wanted to be in. Their seamstresses were able to make my gown fit me perfectly!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Maya O

The whole team at Vera’s was amazing, I could not have asked for a better experience. I didn’t know exactly what I wanted but once I shared some of my vision and details I liked, the stylist picked out the most gorgeous options. She was very thoughtful and listened to my... Read More feedback about each choice. I think it only took 3-4 dresses to find the perfect dress!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Lindsey N

I was so happy to have been able to buy my dress at Veras! The process was so much fun! I didn't come in with a specific dress in mind but after my consultant got to know my likes/dislikes, it only took 5 or 6 dresses to find my dream dress! The entire process from start to... Read More finish went extremely well!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Elizabeth S

Shopping for a wedding dress at Vera's was a wonderful experience. I am so thankful that I was paired with Liz for my consultant. From the moment we met I felt at ease. She listened to everything I hoped for in a dress and found it shortly thereafter! As she pulled different... Read More dresses she asked what details I liked and disliked about each dress which helped me to focus. She gave me a variety of dresses to try while keeping in mind my budget which I really appreciated. I was with my mom and sister at the appointment and Liz made sure they were included in the process and we all had a wonderful time! I would absolutely recommend Vera’s to anyone.

2017-10-02T16:24:06 Response from the vendor

Yeah! We are so happy you found your beautiful gown at Vera's! And thank you for the review.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Katie E

Vera's was phenomenal. I had a very large group (12 including me) and at first the largest room they had was in use, but at least 4 people came in and told us as soon as they were done we could move over. I got into my first dress and as soon as I was in, we were ushered to the... Read More big, more spacious room. It was a 90°+ day and the staff (including Vera herself) was sure to continue checking on us, bringing fans, bottles of water, whatever we needed. Claire was my consultant and she was WONDERFUL. She really paid attention to what the details on each dress she pulled for me I was liking and what I was disliking. It was my first time ever trying on any sort of formal gown so I was very scatterbrained. She was sure to give me variety while keeping in mind my budget and what I was liking/not liking from previous dresses. I ended up falling in love with a dress I NEVER would have expected myself to end up with. I couldn't be happier with it and Claire was incredibly helpful informing me of what to all expect during the coming months after ordering my dress. I would absolutely recommend Vera's to anyone. The price ranges, selection, and service were unbeatable. So happy to be a Vera's Bride!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Vanesa M

I visited twice to try on dresses and was helped by two different associates, both amazing! They listened, made me feel like I was the center of the universe, and were honest and helpful when my budget and desired dress features clashed. They did not show me a dress outside of... Read More my budget without getting my permission first. Best experience I had in Southern Wisconsin.

2017-09-22T13:51:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for writing us a review!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Katie D

Erica was amazing! She was able to make my vision a reality. I know that my day will be complete because of her finding the perfect dress.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Ashley M

Vera's was amazing! This was the second time I tried on wedding dresses so I was hopeful and nervous to find my dress. Our consultant, Lori, was incredible! She chose all the dresses for me and they were ALL dresses I would never have chosen myself. I tried them on and they were... Read More all surprisingly stunning! Lori was so helpful, never made me feel pressured or rushed, and had fun with us! She listened to my feedback and ultimately picked the dress I said YES to! Afterwards Lori gave us some time to pick out our bridesmaids dresses, which we also said yes to! The whole process from start to finish was by far so much better than another bridal salon I had went to. Go to Vera's!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Chelsea S

Vera's had an amazing selection in my price point. Plus, after a scary experience with a seamstress who quoted me for an alterations job 1.5 times the actual cost of my dress (!!!), I called Vera's and they fixed me up for next to nothing and make my dress absolutely perfect.... Read More Plus, they had amazing practical tips for the day of that made me and my bridesmaids a lot more comfortable and prepared! It was so, so worth traveling from Milwaukee to get my dress at Vera's!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Kaitlyn P

Dress shopping at Vera’s was a wonderful experience! Even though I was not looking for a traditional bridal gown and initially dreaded dress shopping, Caitlin was very supportive and helped me find exactly what I was looking for! It was very special to get a hug from Vera after... Read More finding the dress that I would be walking down the aisle in! Rhonda did a wonderful job with the many alterations that were done on my dress and went above and beyond! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Julia J

Thank you Saritah for helping me find the perfect dress! Saritah took so mich time to help me find the perfect style and I never felt rushed. She paired different accessories and veils with each dress to make sure I saw the full look of each one I tried on. Amazing customer... Read More service!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Brooke T

Vera's was the first and only bridal shop I looked at for my wedding gown. After my first appointment, I tried on maybe 3 dresses, then canceled all of my appointments at other salons, and purchased my dream dress. Vera herself even approved and helped me pick my veil. I had the... Read More best experience working with everyone there! :)

2017-08-16T21:40:33 Response from the vendor

So happy you found your dream dress at Vera's! You'll look stunning!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Melanie B

Vera's was the first bridal shop I went to and Saritah worked with me to find the dress of my dreams! Such a great experience and she had the patience of an angel! She really made me feel special after 3.5 hours! I walked out with a dress and veil ordered, and jewelry to go with... Read More my dress!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017

I had a wonderful time finding my dress here. I knew what I was looking for and Erika found it for me on the second dress. They are very welcoming and take care of you in every aspect. I am so happy I went here to find my dress!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Madalyn W

Vera's in Madison is absolutely amazing!!! Our consultant, Lydia, was so sweet and helpful, and the owner, Vera, kept checking in with us to personally make sure we were being taken care of. It was the first and only bridal salon I went to, and I found my dress after only trying... Read More on three to four others. And, they did a terrific job at finding beautiful dresses within our budget! I would highly recommend Vera's House of Bridals!!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Ashley B

I found the most beautiful gown from Vera's. Not only did they have an amazing selection for any budget, but the staff was overly helpful and friendly. I would never recommend anything but Vera's! I even got to meet Vera herself and she is just so sweet! I looked and felt... Read More beautiful on my wedding day. My dress was everything I wanted and more.