Violets Are Blue Floral Design

We are an Indianapolis based floral design company that specializes in weddings. Our style is heavily influenced by the latest trends, but our creativity is always guided by our clients’ personal style and preferences.

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Chuppah, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Arrangements

Downtown, Indianapolis, IN (317) 292-2336

For a girl who loves flowers, VAB is a dream come true.

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Jessica H

When I started my florist search, I was looking for someone who could do more than provide flowers. Courtney at Violets Are Blue met with me and walked me through the whole floral design process. Since my mom was a florist, I wanted to be very hands-on and Courtney... Read More enthusiastically took my vision and made it a reality by helping with flower choices, arrangement styles, and other floral logistics. When I sent her an email with a new idea, she quickly responded with several ways we could make it happen. In addition to the design process, Violets Are Blue's pre-wedding organisation made the budget clear and understandable so I always felt comfortable about all components of the floral decor. The end result was extraordinary! She filled our huge venue with flowers that made an even bigger statement. The hanging carnations accented my walk down the aisle elegantly. The bouquets and arrangements brought my colour scheme to life. I can't express enough how happy I am that I chose Violets Are Blue as my floral vendor!

2014-10-24T08:57:51 Response from the vendor

You had a fantastic vision and we loved being able to help make it a reality and see it in person! Thanks for the kind words! ::blushing::

A+ Across the Board

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Lauren W

I would recommend Violets are Blue to anyone in need of floral design help, but in particular to brides. I worked with the lead designer (Courtney) and she was absolutely incredible. I am positive that I would not have been able to plan my wedding without her. She not only... Read More accommodated every request I made but also got a feel for what I wanted the vibe to be like at the wedding and continued to make suggestions in the planning process. Did I mention that she did all of this at a completely affordable price? I had several guests at the wedding (who are currently planning their own weddings) ask who did my flowers. I proudly told them Violet are Blue! To anyone looking for a great florist that is not only talented but also extremely fun to work with, this company is perfect for you!

For your Pinterest-Inspired Wedding...

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Caitlin G

Courtney of Violets are Blue is not a "florist", she is an artist. I knew from the beginning that I did not want to go with a Big Box flower store. I wanted someone who loved their craft, someone who wasn't only interested in mass producing white rose bulbous bouquets... and... Read More that is exactly what Violets are Blue is! This was very apparent the first time I met with her. We had an informal meeting at Starbucks and chatted, brainstormed and looked at photos of every possible thing I could have ever wanted flower-wise at my wedding. When I left, I knew that I would probably have to scale back on some of my ideas due to our budget. However, I was so pleasantly surprised that she was able to give me everything I wanted within my budget! She was the first florist I called, the first florist I met with.... and I booked her immediately before anyone else could snatch her up on my date, because I was so impressed at our first meeting. The flowers totally make the wedding. For us, we didn't have much decor except for the flowers so the quality and wow-factor was important to me. This is why you should hire Violets are Blue. We had an elegant wedding in a barn and a lot of my inspiration came from Pinterest. (Ladies, you know all those photos that you wish YOUR wedding could be like?) She captured our rustic, natural, romantic feel EXACTLY and I truly feel that she gave us the Pinterest wedding of my dreams. I gave her vague suggestions like, "Make our head table the center of attention" and "I hate traditional" and it was like she was inside my brain because everything turned out how I imagined. Not to mention, she is super sweet and very easy to work. I loved that she sent me sneak peaks of my centerpieces the day before the wedding. But she kept the bouquet a secret :) She even hand delivered all of our bouquets to the hotel room we were getting ready in. It is apparent that Courtney can work with any style, any budget, any vision. I am so happy that she was a part of our special day and I would recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Eric K

From the start, they seemed like a great florist. They gave great recommendations for us and our flower choices, they met with us to discuss our dream wedding and they seemed nice and great! We actually went with them even thought they were slightly more expensive because of how... Read More accommodating they seemed. Wow, we were wrong. The day of the wedding, they didn't show up to the ceremony till only about 25 minutes until it was supposed to start and offered no apologies or anything to us. They almost didn't have the flowers setup before the wedding let alone before guests got there. On top of that, the groomsman's flowers were all wilted by they time they put them on and did not meet our rather relaxed standards. The bridesmaid's bouquets were dark purple even though we requested light pink and finally, my wife's bouquet wilted before the ceremony was over and had bug eaten greenery in it which was not appealing. Overall it was not a good experience with them and I personally would not recommend them after the experience we had because of the stress they caused and their poor execution and attention to details.

2017-07-06T06:37:48 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your feedback - We all definitely appreciate it to help us to improve. While we always strive to arrive for setup exactly at the time planned, we do rarely have unforeseen circumstances that cause us to arrive later than we would... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Laura W

Beautiful flowers!! Courtney was great to work with and made my ceremony and reception look perfect. She is very organized and lays everything out for you. I received many compliments on the flowers.

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Sharon D

It was purely serendipity that I found Violets Are Blue. While searching for wedding photographers I noticed a floral photo I thought was stunning. It was credited to a local company called Violets Are Blue. I called them and my daughter and I met with Courtney of Violets Are... Read More Blue to discuss doing the flowers for my daughters wedding. It turns out that she was the only florist we spoke to because we took a crazy leap of faith that day and hired her on the spot (we did not know her or her company at all)! Sometimes dreams do come true, and that's how we felt about what Courtney and Violets Are Blue created for us. She took our vision and made it into a dream reality, actually better than we envisioned. Weeks later my daughter and I are still talking about the flowers and wedding guests are still commenting about them. I honestly felt I was in a heavenly wedding garden, it was that beautiful. She also made our chuppah (wedding canopy) for us and it too was stunning - an ethereal & romantic setting for the marriage ceremony. Courtney was wonderful to work with, she had fabulous suggestions, and she answered emails and made any changes we requested immediately. Plus, as an added bonus she is very calm and organized, exactly what you need during the stress of wedding planning. I still can't thinking about how beautiful the flowers were and how they created a dream wedding for my daughter. Honestly, hiring Violets Are Blue was on of my best on the spot decisions ever! What are you waiting for - hire them!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Amanda D

Courtney did an amazing job with the flowers for our wedding! I had a specific vision and she absolutely saw it through, going above and beyond. The details were incredible - from the mercury glass candles, to the antique gold frame for the seating chart, to the draping of the... Read More fabric around the chuppah (wedding canopy). She was so easy to work with and completely open to my ideas and last minute changes too. I would use Courtney again for any event!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Lavonna T

Courtney was the sweetest and SO easy to work with! She was extremely personable and listened to everything I wanted and then took the lead when I didn't know exactly what I wanted! She definitely has an eye for this thing! She did all this while working with my budget! The... Read More flowers and centerpieces were perfect and she accommodated last minute requests!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Amanda B

I live in Chicago and therefore it's been a little difficult planning an Indy wedding. Courtney spent over an hour facetiming with me to make sure all floral details were taken care of and that I would be happy with the choices. She had great ideas, made sure it all went... Read More together beautifully, and definitely knows her stuff. Unfortunately, I found out after my consultation that my venue does their own floral, so while we were unable to use VAB, I would definitely recommend it to others. I will be keeping them in mind for future floral needs without a doubt!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Kristina B

Our flowers were absolutely amazing! When I booked my appointment with Courtney I had no idea what I was doing, but knew that I wanted beautiful fall flowers. She walked me through the entire process, helped me stay in budget, and also produced wedding flowers that were more... Read More beautiful than I could have imagined. She nailed everything I wanted. Thank you, Courtney!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Liz P

Courtney (and all the women who work with her) really listened to what I wanted & my vision. Kathy spent over an hour with me during our consultation before I had even decided to go with VAB. She took my vision and improved upon it while keeping my budget in mind. She didn't... Read More try to up-sell me and she was very respectful. Courtney was very patient when I changed my mind back and forth about some things. She was also always very prompt and thorough in her responses to me, I never had to hunt her down for answers! I would recommend VAB to anyone who wants a florist they can trust & not have to worry if their vision will be executed!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Joana G

Violets Are Blue, Courtney Wiley and her team were absolutely AMAZING! When we saw our ceremony and reception space at The Alexander for the first time, our breath was taken away. I was brought to immediate tears as Courtney and her team exceeded all expectations and made our... Read More dreams a reality. The floral decor was very important to us and their work was absolutely flawless in every way. Thank you for making our day absolutely beautiful and for taking our breath away. We still have guests 2 1/2 months after our special day just swooning over our floral arrangements. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all that you did and we are so glad that we found you!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Kelly F

I was not pleased with the bridal bouquet provided. It was not like the picture I had included in my request, and half the lillies in the bouquet were dead or dying when it was delivered. In Courtney's defense, she did bring out more lillies to help fix the bouquet the day of... Read More the wedding. She did try very hard to fix the bouquet and for that I am thankful. However, throughout the night, the flowers continued to fall out of the bouquet at the slightest, and I mean slightest, movement. The roses were actually falling out of the bouquet as I walked down the aisle; not good. The price was good, comparatively, but I also was made aware of the old adage "you get what you pay for."

2016-10-20T10:04:12 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your feedback! We definitely always strive for perfection and are sorry you didn't get exactly that experience. With your specific design, it required using a bouquet holder. Bouquet holders are very sensitive when they are not held a specific way and for this... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Sarah C

Courtney was wonderful to work with and her work is amazing. She planned for every detail to help our wedding venue look gorgeous. She creatively incorporated our style and color scheme in to the beautiful table arrangements and bouquets. Here work is of the highest quality and... Read More she is so fun to work with, which made the wedding planning process fun. I highly recommend working with Courtney and VAB!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Sarah C

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Dena W

When we decided to get married on the fast track, Violets are Blue came to our rescue! Not only were the flowers affordable and gorgeous (seriously they got our style!) but they were so easy to work with!!! I am so thrilled we found them!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Dena W

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Katie R

I would recommend Violets are Blue to anyone planning an event, especially brides. My mom and I knew that we wanted someone that knew what they were doing - someone that was passionate about it. I am overly obsessed with flowers/floral, so I had to have the best! The lead... Read More designer, Courtney, was absolutely incredible. We gave her our vision and budget, and she ROCKED it! I wouldn't have been able to do the floral part of my wedding without her! I can't wait until my friends start getting married so I can proudly recommend Violets are Blue! And since I'll most likely be planning them (I'm an Event Planner in the real world), I can't wait to work with Courtney again!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016

If you are looking for attention to detail, this is not the florist for you

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Leah A

I spent a ton of time researching options for a florist for my wedding. I had an idea of what I wanted, but no clue how to get there. I also definitely had a budget to stay within. Courtney with Violets Are Blue helped make my vision a reality and worked diligently to help me... Read More plan to stay within budget. We worked together to determine where I could cut back and where it was important to spend. The pictures I provided her came to life better than I could've imagined. Her response time was the best of any vendor I worked with throughout my entire engagement. I would highly recommend to any bride or event planner looking for thoughtful guidance, attention to detail, reasonable and budget friendly prices, outstanding response time, and all around some of the best service I've ever received as a customer, let alone as a bride. Thank you Courtney and Violets Are Blue!!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Michelle W

Courtney and her team were there in a pinch when we needed them and were able to create amazing arrangements! Due to the short planning time prior to my wedding, Courtney and I weren't able to meet very many times, but she was able to create a beautiful bouquet and reception... Read More flowers that fit what I wanted perfectly! Courtney has an amazing passion for creating flower arrangements and a wonderful ability to transform words and ideas into exactly what you had been dreaming of!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Elisabeth R

I absolutely loved my experience with VAB. I had a very basic idea of what I wanted the flowers to look like, but other than that I was lost. Courtney expertly led me through all different color schemes and ideas and ultimately made the most beautiful bouquets I have ever... Read More seen. I honestly could not stop looking at them. The handful of sparkly brooches she put in there were the perfect touch to make the whole thing amazing, as well as serving as my something borrowed and blue! And then there was the reception.. My goodness it was amazing! Candelabras and giant martini glasses filled with pearls - the whole atmosphere was so Gatsby, I was in love! I won't ever stop recommending her, and I'm currently trying to think up another event where I could work with her again on! Thank you so much Courtney for making our day a beautiful one!

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Julie W

I chose Courtney and her team based on all the great reviews I read and am SO glad I choose her. I thought I had an idea of what I wanted in terms of floral, but when I met with Courtney the first time, I found out I really didn't know. Courtney was more than willing to meet me... Read More again to go over floral choices and make little updates along the way. After seeing more photos of her work, I knew that I could trust that what she envisioned with my scattered ideas. My florals exceeded my already high expectations. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! My guests were also impressed with the beautiful set and selection of flowers. I highly recommend the VAB team!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Cassandra S

Meeting with Courtney was so laid back, and all the flowers and decor were beautiful!

Reviewed on 12/31/2015 Jeff B

Courtney from Violets are Blue was an absolute pleasure to work with from the very beginning. I had a vision for our wedding but with little knowledge about floral design, I had no idea where to begin. Courtney put me at ease at our consultation - her passion for floral design... Read More was evident and I knew we would be in good hands. I shared my vision with her and let her do the rest, and it was truly the best decision I could have made. Everything was beyond my expectations. I am still in awe of my stunning bridal bouquet! She was very conscious of our budget and responded quickly to any questions or changes I had throughout the planning process. I highly recommend Violets Are Blue to any brides looking for a florist!