Violets Are Blue Floral Design

Indianapolis, IN

Violets Are Blue Floral Design

We are an Indianapolis based floral design company that specializes in weddings. Our style is heavily influenced by the latest trends, but our creativity is always guided by our clients’ personal style and preferences.

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Chuppah, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Arrangements

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

Downtown, Indianapolis, IN (317) 292-2336

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Kelly T

I literally cannot say enough good things about Violets are Blue! Brides: you NEED to work with Violets are Blue!!! When I started my wedding planning journey I was so overwhelmed after talking to so many other florists who were cookie-cutter, old fashioned, and pushy. However,... Read More when I met with Courtney she changed my entire perspective on florals- she is so genuinely talented, creative, and down to earth. She literally went step by step with me through every book of flower types she had (literally 10+ books) in order to make sure I got exactly what I wanted, and she made my million-dollar dreams come to life within the budget I had! I was blown away, and you can tell that Courtney is passionate and cut from a different cloth than other florists in Indy. She has the qualities of the most beautiful flower- fresh, springy, and beautiful. Working with her was the easiest part of the whole wedding planning- she took care of everything, communicated so well, and made sure I had nothing to worry about (which is hard because I'm a worry wart). I wasn't surprised when my mother-in-law (who is a wedding coordinator for her local church!) ended up sharing with me that every bride she worked with who used Violets are Blue had the BEST floral arrangements, bouquets, and boutonnieres. Florals really do impact the entire look of the wedding and it was crystal clear on my wedding day that I made the right choice. Everything was stunning and really showcased what my husband and I wanted our celebration to look like. People couldn't stop complimenting our arrangements, too! All in all, I really loved working with Violets are Blue and wish I could tell every bride in person that Courtney is the right choice for you. I wouldn't change a thing about the whole process and love looking back at our pictures and remembering what she did for us. Thank you, Courtney and VAB, for making our day so beautiful!!!!

2017-08-29T13:45:54 Response from the vendor

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! It's always an honor to be able to have a hand in helping make a bride's dream come true! Congratulations again and best wishes to you both!

A+ Across the Board

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Lauren W

I would recommend Violets are Blue to anyone in need of floral design help, but in particular to brides. I worked with the lead designer (Courtney) and she was absolutely incredible. I am positive that I would not have been able to plan my wedding without her. She not only... Read More accommodated every request I made but also got a feel for what I wanted the vibe to be like at the wedding and continued to make suggestions in the planning process. Did I mention that she did all of this at a completely affordable price? I had several guests at the wedding (who are currently planning their own weddings) ask who did my flowers. I proudly told them Violet are Blue! To anyone looking for a great florist that is not only talented but also extremely fun to work with, this company is perfect for you!

For your Pinterest-Inspired Wedding...

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Caitlin G

Courtney of Violets are Blue is not a "florist", she is an artist. I knew from the beginning that I did not want to go with a Big Box flower store. I wanted someone who loved their craft, someone who wasn't only interested in mass producing white rose bulbous bouquets... and... Read More that is exactly what Violets are Blue is! This was very apparent the first time I met with her. We had an informal meeting at Starbucks and chatted, brainstormed and looked at photos of every possible thing I could have ever wanted flower-wise at my wedding. When I left, I knew that I would probably have to scale back on some of my ideas due to our budget. However, I was so pleasantly surprised that she was able to give me everything I wanted within my budget! She was the first florist I called, the first florist I met with.... and I booked her immediately before anyone else could snatch her up on my date, because I was so impressed at our first meeting. The flowers totally make the wedding. For us, we didn't have much decor except for the flowers so the quality and wow-factor was important to me. This is why you should hire Violets are Blue. We had an elegant wedding in a barn and a lot of my inspiration came from Pinterest. (Ladies, you know all those photos that you wish YOUR wedding could be like?) She captured our rustic, natural, romantic feel EXACTLY and I truly feel that she gave us the Pinterest wedding of my dreams. I gave her vague suggestions like, "Make our head table the center of attention" and "I hate traditional" and it was like she was inside my brain because everything turned out how I imagined. Not to mention, she is super sweet and very easy to work. I loved that she sent me sneak peaks of my centerpieces the day before the wedding. But she kept the bouquet a secret :) She even hand delivered all of our bouquets to the hotel room we were getting ready in. It is apparent that Courtney can work with any style, any budget, any vision. I am so happy that she was a part of our special day and I would recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 1/11/2018 Emily S

We worked with Courtney for our December wedding and she completely knocked it out of the park. Not only did she design some amazing table runners and garlands, she brought hundreds (literally) of candles and glass orbs to hang all over our ceremony and reception. There is no... Read More way I could have come up with these ideas on my own - she brought such a unique and creative perspective that I so appreciate. Our wedding was so much more beautiful than I had ever pictured in my head, and Courtney played a huge part in that. On top of her creative genius, she is the sweetest person to work with, and I always looked forward to our meetings in Hubbard & Cravens :)

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Natalie R

From the moment we met Courtney, I knew that I didn't have to worry about our flowers. I gave her one (yes, ONE) Pinterest photo to work with, said I knew nothing about flowers, and let her go on about her business. At no point did I worry about whether she would do a good job... Read More or whether she would try to make us spend more money... She stuck right to our budget, answered all of my silly questions promptly, and delivered the most gorgeous flowers on our wedding day. They exceeded my expectations, and everyone commented on how beautiful they were. I would absolutely recommend Courtney and VAB to anyone - she was amazing!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 John D

Courtney did an excellent job. Everything she did was beautiful and she helped my wife figure out the look we wanted. Courtney was also a logistical blessing as we needed her to travel for our wedding. It was no problem to work things out remotely and everything went smoothly... Read More once she landed in Texas. I highly recommend Courtney and Violets Are Blue! 10/10!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Claire R

Courtney was a sweetheart from the start! She worked with me through a Pinterest board to share ideas and in the end was able to deliver beautiful arrangements. (We got so many compliments!) Plus I got a sneak peek of a few of them, and was able to give some last minute... Read More feedback, which was terrific. She provided everything we needed to install the arrangements (we picked them up), and everything went off without a hitch.

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Ashlyn B

We had a very specific look in mind for our wedding, especially with our flowers, and Violets Are Blue delivered in every aspect. From the amount of flowers we expected, to the type, to the color, to the placement, Courtney and her team listened to and recorded every detail.... Read More And, more importantly. brought it to life. We highly recommend Violets Are Blue to anyone seeking a skilled, reliable florist!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Kate B

Courtney and her team at VAB are incredible floral designers. She was able to translate my vision (which was a little unclear at times) into the most beautiful bouquets and centerpieces. Couldn't be happier with VAB's work!

2017-09-13T13:32:42 Response from the vendor

Awww, I love reading this! I can't wait to see pictures!! And for the record, I really loved your flowers, too! :)

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Eric K

From the start, they seemed like a great florist. They gave great recommendations for us and our flower choices, they met with us to discuss our dream wedding and they seemed nice and great! We actually went with them even thought they were slightly more expensive because of how... Read More accommodating they seemed. Wow, we were wrong. The day of the wedding, they didn't show up to the ceremony till only about 25 minutes until it was supposed to start and offered no apologies or anything to us. They almost didn't have the flowers setup before the wedding let alone before guests got there. On top of that, the groomsman's flowers were all wilted by they time they put them on and did not meet our rather relaxed standards. The bridesmaid's bouquets were dark purple even though we requested light pink and finally, my wife's bouquet wilted before the ceremony was over and had bug eaten greenery in it which was not appealing. Overall it was not a good experience with them and I personally would not recommend them after the experience we had because of the stress they caused and their poor execution and attention to details.

2017-07-06T06:37:48 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your feedback - We all definitely appreciate it to help us to improve. While we always strive to arrive for setup exactly at the time planned, we do rarely have unforeseen circumstances that cause us to arrive later than we would... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Laura W

Beautiful flowers!! Courtney was great to work with and made my ceremony and reception look perfect. She is very organized and lays everything out for you. I received many compliments on the flowers.

2017-08-29T13:52:16 Response from the vendor

We loved how everything turned out, too! Thank you for giving us such kind feedback!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Sharon D

It was purely serendipity that I found Violets Are Blue. While searching for wedding photographers I noticed a floral photo I thought was stunning. It was credited to a local company called Violets Are Blue. I called them and my daughter and I met with Courtney of Violets Are... Read More Blue to discuss doing the flowers for my daughters wedding. It turns out that she was the only florist we spoke to because we took a crazy leap of faith that day and hired her on the spot (we did not know her or her company at all)! Sometimes dreams do come true, and that's how we felt about what Courtney and Violets Are Blue created for us. She took our vision and made it into a dream reality, actually better than we envisioned. Weeks later my daughter and I are still talking about the flowers and wedding guests are still commenting about them. I honestly felt I was in a heavenly wedding garden, it was that beautiful. She also made our chuppah (wedding canopy) for us and it too was stunning - an ethereal & romantic setting for the marriage ceremony. Courtney was wonderful to work with, she had fabulous suggestions, and she answered emails and made any changes we requested immediately. Plus, as an added bonus she is very calm and organized, exactly what you need during the stress of wedding planning. I still can't thinking about how beautiful the flowers were and how they created a dream wedding for my daughter. Honestly, hiring Violets Are Blue was on of my best on the spot decisions ever! What are you waiting for - hire them!

2017-08-29T14:14:08 Response from the vendor

Love, love, love! Thanks for sharing your experience :)

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Amanda D

Courtney did an amazing job with the flowers for our wedding! I had a specific vision and she absolutely saw it through, going above and beyond. The details were incredible - from the mercury glass candles, to the antique gold frame for the seating chart, to the draping of the... Read More fabric around the chuppah (wedding canopy). She was so easy to work with and completely open to my ideas and last minute changes too. I would use Courtney again for any event!

2017-08-29T14:13:01 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind words! Last minute changes definitely happen and we were happy to accommodate! Chuppah construction is one of my favorite things to do :) We all hope wedded life has been going well for you both!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Lavonna T

Courtney was the sweetest and SO easy to work with! She was extremely personable and listened to everything I wanted and then took the lead when I didn't know exactly what I wanted! She definitely has an eye for this thing! She did all this while working with my budget! The... Read More flowers and centerpieces were perfect and she accommodated last minute requests!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Amanda B

I live in Chicago and therefore it's been a little difficult planning an Indy wedding. Courtney spent over an hour facetiming with me to make sure all floral details were taken care of and that I would be happy with the choices. She had great ideas, made sure it all went... Read More together beautifully, and definitely knows her stuff. Unfortunately, I found out after my consultation that my venue does their own floral, so while we were unable to use VAB, I would definitely recommend it to others. I will be keeping them in mind for future floral needs without a doubt!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Kristina B

Our flowers were absolutely amazing! When I booked my appointment with Courtney I had no idea what I was doing, but knew that I wanted beautiful fall flowers. She walked me through the entire process, helped me stay in budget, and also produced wedding flowers that were more... Read More beautiful than I could have imagined. She nailed everything I wanted. Thank you, Courtney!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Liz P

Courtney (and all the women who work with her) really listened to what I wanted & my vision. Kathy spent over an hour with me during our consultation before I had even decided to go with VAB. She took my vision and improved upon it while keeping my budget in mind. She didn't... Read More try to up-sell me and she was very respectful. Courtney was very patient when I changed my mind back and forth about some things. She was also always very prompt and thorough in her responses to me, I never had to hunt her down for answers! I would recommend VAB to anyone who wants a florist they can trust & not have to worry if their vision will be executed!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Joana G

Violets Are Blue, Courtney Wiley and her team were absolutely AMAZING! When we saw our ceremony and reception space at The Alexander for the first time, our breath was taken away. I was brought to immediate tears as Courtney and her team exceeded all expectations and made our... Read More dreams a reality. The floral decor was very important to us and their work was absolutely flawless in every way. Thank you for making our day absolutely beautiful and for taking our breath away. We still have guests 2 1/2 months after our special day just swooning over our floral arrangements. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all that you did and we are so glad that we found you!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Kelly F

I was not pleased with the bridal bouquet provided. It was not like the picture I had included in my request, and half the lillies in the bouquet were dead or dying when it was delivered. In Courtney's defense, she did bring out more lillies to help fix the bouquet the day of... Read More the wedding. She did try very hard to fix the bouquet and for that I am thankful. However, throughout the night, the flowers continued to fall out of the bouquet at the slightest, and I mean slightest, movement. The roses were actually falling out of the bouquet as I walked down the aisle; not good. The price was good, comparatively, but I also was made aware of the old adage "you get what you pay for."

2016-10-20T10:04:12 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your feedback! We definitely always strive for perfection and are sorry you didn't get exactly that experience. With your specific design, it required using a bouquet holder. Bouquet holders are very sensitive when they are not held a specific way and for this... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Sarah C

Courtney was wonderful to work with and her work is amazing. She planned for every detail to help our wedding venue look gorgeous. She creatively incorporated our style and color scheme in to the beautiful table arrangements and bouquets. Here work is of the highest quality and... Read More she is so fun to work with, which made the wedding planning process fun. I highly recommend working with Courtney and VAB!

2017-08-29T13:49:38 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind words! We loved being able to work with you!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Sarah C

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Dena W

When we decided to get married on the fast track, Violets are Blue came to our rescue! Not only were the flowers affordable and gorgeous (seriously they got our style!) but they were so easy to work with!!! I am so thrilled we found them!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Dena W

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Katie R

I would recommend Violets are Blue to anyone planning an event, especially brides. My mom and I knew that we wanted someone that knew what they were doing - someone that was passionate about it. I am overly obsessed with flowers/floral, so I had to have the best! The lead... Read More designer, Courtney, was absolutely incredible. We gave her our vision and budget, and she ROCKED it! I wouldn't have been able to do the floral part of my wedding without her! I can't wait until my friends start getting married so I can proudly recommend Violets are Blue! And since I'll most likely be planning them (I'm an Event Planner in the real world), I can't wait to work with Courtney again!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016

If you are looking for attention to detail, this is not the florist for you